PDA

View Full Version : The Lonely Mountain! Varkin!!

Queen Nerwen
30/Nov/2009, 07:42 PM
WELCOME TO THE LONELY MOUNTAIN

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/BlackLilyPoison/Graphics/smaug_comes_to_the_lonely_mountaine.jpg

KINGDOM OF THE DWARVES OF EREBOR

~A Brief History~

The
Lonely Mountain is a tall mountain at the far northeast of Wilderland.
It stands on the fringes of Mirkwood with the Grey Mountains to the
South and the Iron Hills to the West. The River Running springs from
beneath the mountain and issues from the Front Gate creating a
waterfall which fell in the valley below where the town of Dale is
situated.

In the Lower Halls of Erebor sits the Great Hall of
Thrain from which leads a secret passage to the side door on the
western side of the mountain. This door is invisible except on Durin's
Day when the setting sun reveals the key hole.

The first King
under the Mountain was Thrain I who escaped the Balrog of Khazad-dum
and settled in the East in 1999. It was he who discovered the
Arkenstone. After Thrain came Thorin I who deserted Erebor in favour of
the rich, but unchartered territory of the Grey Mountains, but that
land was troubled by dragons so in 2590 the Dwarves fled; some to the
Iron Hills, some back to the Lonely Mountain.

Those who returned
to Erebor were let by Thror who brought the mountain back to its former
glory. The Dwarves of Erebor became famous for their crafting of all
things, the expanded their halls and traded with the Iron Hill Dwarves
and the Men of Dale. This seemed like the perfect time of Dwarves, but
in 2770 Smaug the Golden attacked the Mountain and only a few, included
Thror and his son Thrain managed to escape through the Side door.

In
2941 Thorin Oakenshield, Thror's grandson returned to Erebor with 12
other dwarves and the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins. With the help of Bilbo and
a map given to him by Thror, the company were able to find the secret
door and get inside the Mountain. Bilbo crept further in and stole a
cup from Smaug's lair before talking with him. When the Dragon
discovered the cup was missing he flew about the Mountain, smashing the
rock and destroyed the secret door trapping the dwarves inside. He then
flew to Lake Town where he was slain by a single shot from Bard the
Bowman.

With the threat of the Dragon defeated, Men, Elves, Orcs
and Wargs came for a share in the treasure. Though the Dwarves had
barricaded themselves in the Mountain, they joined forces with the Men,
Elves and Iron Hill Dwarves to defeat the Orcs and Wargs in the Battle
of the Five Armies. Thorin and two of his company were killed and
Thorin was buried with the Arkenstone and the sword, Orcrist.

The
ten of Thorin's dwarves who survived settled in the Lonely Mountain
with Dain Ironfoot as the King. By the year 3014 the dwarves of Erebor
were once again prosperous, making fine armour and weapons and
excelling at mining and building

Queen Nerwen
02/Dec/2009, 08:10 AM
WELCOME TO EREBOR

</font>So dwarfies, this is our lovely new forum! Do you like it? I hope so. Lots of people have worked on this to get it perfect for you. If you have any questions or thoughts specifically about the Lonely Mountain you can post them here. If you need a place to vent, squee, glomp and scream then do it here and I will ignore/help as a good ruler knows how haha. smileys/smiley10.gif
</font>

Drifa
03/Dec/2009, 08:08 PM
With a grin stretching from ear to ear, Drifa's face says it all.

Awesome! I am home! Well done to all who have work so hard to make this come true. It is just lovely!

*hugs Ylva*

Queen Nerwen
03/Dec/2009, 08:11 PM
Oh Drifa *hugs* Your words mean a lotsmileys/smiley10.gif

Idesinholde
03/Dec/2009, 11:04 PM
This is just wow! The forums look really beautiful &amp; everything is new and shiny and new and shiny! *roams around to get her bearings*<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Daywalker
04/Dec/2009, 02:42 AM
*finally finds his way here*
Now where are all the signs which lead the way to here? Older dwarves have some troubles to navigate in this new shiny place http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gifLooking goood http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif

Fingolfin of Hithlum
04/Dec/2009, 05:37 PM
Man, I swear if I didn't love Immy so much this would be where you'd find me! I looove Wilderland!

TMM
04/Dec/2009, 05:38 PM
I am confused out of my mind. I don't remember being so disorientated since joining the plaza. smileys/smiley9.gifIt's taken me a while to find out where the dwarves are hanging out, but this looks to be the place.
Still....Looks like it might all be fun. Give me a few weeks to get my head around it all.
How do you pronounce Ylva?

Drifa
04/Dec/2009, 06:28 PM
Good to hear, FoH! (is hoping its alright to call you Foh, or do you have an other nickname?)

Hey TMM! Good to see you! How have you been?

Nwyfre
04/Dec/2009, 07:28 PM
Woot for dwarves... So Drifa: fyi I have put in a transfer request with our wonderful admins to come over to Erebor! I mistakenly requested to be put in Erebor earlier not the Lonely Mountain, there was confusion there. I should be here any time now. So... see you guys under the mountain...

Drifa
04/Dec/2009, 07:58 PM
Yahoo! Nwyfre! It is great to see you here!

Everyone, please say hello to an old friend and fellow dwarf who has been away for a few years. Welcome Nwyfre!

LittlePeople
05/Dec/2009, 02:27 AM
Hello all i guess timing is of the essence I'm glad to not be the only one lost in the forums. I hope to have many a conversation with you all in the future and hope to find the lonely mountain not so lonely.</font></font></font>

Edited by: LittlePeople

Anteor
05/Dec/2009, 06:56 AM
Welcome Drifa and Nyfwe too! I also requested a transfer but to Dale which is near the Lonely Mountan. Although Anteor is an elf he is perfectly at home in the dwarven realm and I look forward to getting to know you all. Here's to a long and fruitful relationship in his new home!

Queen Nerwen
05/Dec/2009, 01:10 PM
Even I'm lost and confused haha! But, I will try and answer all your questions as well I can.

TMM - Call me Nerwen, we can pronounce that.

Nwyfre
05/Dec/2009, 05:27 PM
Ok I have some more questions for you Queenie and/or Drifa or Ides... Our admins have told us that we are now, as a general rule, playing in the 3rd age. But about what time are we closest to, are we in the 60-80 years between Bilbo's trip and Frodo leaving Hobbiton? And either way, shouldn't Queen Ylva's title be Dain, and not Thorin?

&lt;EDIT: Whoops I read the first post and noticed that my first question was answered&gt;

Edited by: Nwyfre

Norin Deathfoot
05/Dec/2009, 08:51 PM
Now that I have found this place and not tried posting all over Moria, I am happy again! This is quite a cool funky little place to call home smileys/smiley2.gif.
Now what else do we need? A roaring fire, a barrel of Orc Bite, various metal weapons lying around and a conversation about what sort of chocolate is best smileys/smiley1.gif

Dis
06/Dec/2009, 06:06 AM
Did someone say something about chocolate?

I think this new place is pretty cool. I am looking forward to being more active than I have been in a long time.
</font>

Oak
06/Dec/2009, 10:21 AM
Even I as a visitor like this place. I may drop in now and then for some comic relief.smileys/smiley2.gif This whole new setup is pretty cool. I think the new Moria with the goblins is there for battles and exploration.</font>

Helekwen
06/Dec/2009, 03:29 PM
Well, since my primary Wilderlands character is Dwarven, I guess that means I'm invading... (Be worried, be very worried...) smileys/smiley2.gif
Norin- White chocolate champagne truffles, naturally. The more expensive the better, especially when bought by someone else. Mind you, you can also win my heart with a 23p bar of milk chocolate from Sainsbury's. *g*
*squees and glomps Elli*
</font>

Nen Lalaith
07/Dec/2009, 05:28 AM
Hello all! Just dropping in to say that I'm looking forward to playing my first dwarf (of sorts). She'll be an NPC I'll be using in Erebor and anywhere I might decide to take her. Can't wait to RP with you guys!http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Oh, and I've a question. Erebor holds the Longbeard race, right? 'Cause I'm planning to make Mîmi a Longbeard....

Aisil
07/Dec/2009, 06:22 AM
Once I`ve worked out her biography I`ll let my wee dwarfette Nîm return here as an NPC too smileys/smiley2.gif</font>

Drifa
07/Dec/2009, 10:58 AM
Hi Nen! Yes, they are the ancestor of the Longbeard race.

Idesinholde
07/Dec/2009, 05:25 PM
Just wanted to welcome the new and the 'old' to our beloved dwarven kingdom! smileys/smiley10.gif<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Nen Lalaith
08/Dec/2009, 02:22 AM
Ah! Thank you, Drifa!

And thanks for the welcome, Idesin!http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Tornihyanda
08/Dec/2009, 11:34 AM
I'm just away from slightly more than a week and when I return, all the Plaza is different with Khazad-dûm gone and all.smileys/smiley9.gifWell, I will take some time to get used to all of this, specially to the bird that I'm holding now next to my name... And like TMM, I also took sometime finding this place, but I'm guess I've finally reached the right spot.smileys/smiley2.gif

Queen Nerwen
08/Dec/2009, 12:55 PM
*glomps Romneya* Nice name chica

Torni - Muhahahah!!

Okay guys, sorry about being a bit MIA (I've been sick) I'm looking for some ideas for crafting and mining RP.

Alce Marille
08/Dec/2009, 03:54 PM
Cute little place. Alce shall pop in one of these days and annoy the pants off you all. Right now I'm gonna see what it's like being an elf. Actually, I could still annoy you all being as tiny and hairy as you are..</font>

Nwyfre Hammershaft
10/Dec/2009, 01:32 PM
Hi... My name is Nwyfre and I posted above. The administrators recently gave me access to my old account (Blaine), which due to inactivity had been lost. Please allow me to continue playing as Nwyfre!!!

BTW Queen Ylva I posted in your throne room and in the Wilderlands thread ideas about bringing back an old favorite of mine...

Norin Deathfoot
15/Dec/2009, 06:37 AM
Mmmmmm, chocolate. We shall have to have a chocolate party. Everyone invited. Good to see some old faces around here, very good! Romneya, is that you, Bryony?
Jenlingmylove: Shall we have a game thread or two in this place to get the party started? I'm too tired for creating new ideas, but I can dig out some old ones and apply polish and hairspray!</font>

Norin Deathfoot
15/Dec/2009, 06:38 AM
By the way, I love my dove. I think I'll just never rank up againsmileys/smiley2.gif</font>

Edited by: Norin Jenfoot

TMM
18/Dec/2009, 10:22 AM
Great to see so many familiar names. Or in some cases, familiar people with unfamiliar namessmileys/smiley9.gif

Anyway, I've having a lot of trouble getting onto the plaza recently. Most days I try to get on the site, and I'm just getting page not displayed errors. It's the same whatever browser I use, even if I clear my cookies. This is the first day in a week I've been able to get on. Anyone got an ideas as to what the matter is?

Drifa
18/Dec/2009, 10:27 AM
Hi TMM! Gee, I don't know? Maybe you should go ask the 'Coders' (sounds like a outlaw gang *grin*) in the Admin forum. It doesn't sound natural what is happening. Nope, not at all.

How are you? How is Smeag?

Daywalker
18/Dec/2009, 12:39 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">My only problem is that I have no time to spend in plaza as much as i would like to. Work is b... before Xmas. TMM -There hasn't been any problems when logging in so maybe you should do like Drifa suggested.

Idesinholde
18/Dec/2009, 02:42 PM
You're welcome Nen!Yes now that you've found us Torni don't go anywhere! *ties him down*

Norin aka the cutest dove ever - I'd love a game too! *waits for eagerly for Jenling*

Great to see you posting again TMM - hopefully the admins can fix your problem soon because that does sound aggrevating. &amp; yes I dont have the same problem as you either. *g*

You could just say pain Day; it's still a curseword even if you leave it blank. :p I really hope work becomes less busy so we can see more of you soon! *hugs*

I have to say I am excited to see where we can take this 'new' kingdom! ^^
Should thread ideas &amp; just other random ideas be brought up in here or in the region?

<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

TMM
18/Dec/2009, 04:56 PM
I think I'll see how it goes over the hols. I'm back home for Christmas, so I have access to several other pcs now, so getting on shouldn't be a problem. If I'm still struggling on my laptop, then I'll go and harass some unsuspecting adminssmileys/smiley2.gif

I'm good thanks. I'm doing a chem degree these days, living in London, it's a lot of fun on the whole.smileys/smiley1.gifSmeag is well too. I showed her new new (?) plaza, she seemed somewhat bemused. I'm gonna try and encourage her to drop by.

Tornihyanda
20/Dec/2009, 06:42 PM
Don't worry Ides! As long as you stay around, I won't leave this place! smileys/smiley10.gifNow, could you please untie me? It's starting to hurt a bit...smileys/smiley3.gif

Anyway, with that goodbye thread gone, I just want to warn everyone in here that life has been really hectic lately, with lots of projects and paper works to finish for Uni. Although I'm now on vacation, I will still have to study hard for the exams on January and February, but still, I think I can come to the Plaza a bit more often again.

Norin Deathfoot
26/Dec/2009, 01:50 PM
Ok, so game? Yes yes yes? What sort of game do people want to play? Treasure hunt? RP game? Fighting? Something like Champion of the Crown? Something based entirely on luck? Let's make up a new sort of game for a new sort of plazasmileys/smiley1.gif
*is excited about all the dwarfies being back*
Queen Jenling: I'm online sometimes, not too well most of the time.

Drifa
28/Dec/2009, 08:01 AM
Hey Norin! How are you? I don't know if it is too soon but games do not seem to be a priority right now. I really don't know what the plans are here in the LM for running games or opening threads etc.

Maybe you can fill us in, Nerwen? Thanks hun!

Daywalker
28/Dec/2009, 05:18 PM
Everyone - Laila might be only one who knows but my rl situation has changed little bit (*g*) and my time in plaza might be limited in future. Gace..Cage..or (en)GAGED..so you know the drill..http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Nwyfre Hammershaft
29/Dec/2009, 05:56 PM
WHOO-HOO!!! DAYWALKER'S getting married?!?!?!?! Time to PARTY!!! Break out the ale, bring me some cheesecake... Bring Day some cheescake! jumps up on the table with a pint in one hand and a whole cake in the other... (don't mind the dwarf, he may or may not be slightly tipsy!) He takes a deep drink and then hikes up his kilt... all the dwarf women and children flee for their lives...The scarlet clad dwarf then begins to dance with his ale and his cheescake...</font>

Queen Nerwen
30/Dec/2009, 06:01 AM
Sorry guys, major net issues combined with this time of year....uugh

Okay threads. You can send thread ideas to me or post them in the ideas thread in the Wilderland Region. Anything that is NOT RP goes into the Region, anything that is can go here.

RP wise we were going to start with cleansing the hall of Smaug's nastiness. There will also be an open thread (like the Realms but for here) And of course some mining and crafting. All ideas and volunteers are very welcome!!

Balfur
30/Dec/2009, 08:23 AM
Well, well, what is this, I was truly ... TMM used the proper word: bemused, when I fancied to look at the past when I had read Lord of the Rings during christmas. No Khazad-dum, but a whole new Kingdom under the Mountain! This is interesting enough for me to stay just a little longer untill me doom calls me again. Or study whatever comes first.</font>
Daywalker: Congratulations!</font>

Idesinholde
30/Dec/2009, 09:04 AM
<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">
Just glad you're back Nerwen!smileys/smiley10.gif

So the kingdoms are only for RP threads? Or our kingdom anyway, and the region is for games?

ZOMG its Balfur! *is overjoyed*

(Congratulations again Dear Day; such wonderful and exciting news! ^^)

Edited by: Idesinholde

Hermod
30/Dec/2009, 11:54 AM
Given it was a Dwarven game initially (and I've just found a gif banner done years ago for it by Ran), would anyone object to a thiefhunt game?

Not sure if it counts are RP or not (and thus here or region). I know certainly last time I ran one people were RPing their responces but does that count?

Nwyfre Hammershaft
04/Jan/2010, 02:11 PM
Ah nerf herders... I just saw that Nerwen and I already opened up the Pub Club, but it's an RP game right? so we should be good??? Maybe? Perhaps? Hmm???

I remember the thief hunt game Hermod! I also remember the um... Name that Tune game which I believe was originally created by Drifa? Definately an Ankixog thing if I remember correctly... smileys/smiley2.gif</font>

Ránlindë Fey
06/Jan/2010, 05:39 PM
Wow Hermod, I don't even remember which banner was it. It must be ancient *g*. I think I have seen various incarnations of thief hunt in other locations so we should be fine...

Wasn't name that tune originally created by wrestlingdr back in the dark days when spam was high and Dwarves many?

So, shall we have an open RPG thread (Realms)? My fingers are itching and I only have a couple of vacation days left before RL and works kick in and I disappear again *sniffles*.

Edited by: Ránlindë Fey

Queen Nerwen
06/Jan/2010, 06:47 PM
Hermod m'dwarfie - Whip me up an OP and we shall see! We also have to check there is nothing similar running in the region.

Ran - Yes, I really want an open RPG thread. I have the basis for one but if you feel the wish to make one then fantastic!

Ránlindë Fey
07/Jan/2010, 08:42 AM
Wow, caught like a fly in Shelob's net! You trully are worthy of the crown you wear, m'Lady. *stands in awe* If you whine Ran, make it shine yourself. And you're right.

Well I'm rereading LOTR after 5 years and The Hobbit was never my fave book, so I don't really feel comfortable with my LOTR knowledge and geography (heck, I don't feel comfortable with RL geography for that matter!) but I'm ready to bounce off some ideas in hopes that others will follow suit and fill in my gaping holes. Also, I have been away for a very long time and I would not presume to know which way our kingdom has chosen. Nor can I promise to be fully and regularly active member. I am on vacation at the mo hence my extensive posting, however there's no telling how litle free time I'll have nextw eek when work kicks in. But enough with excuses, here is what I CAN offer.

General RP Thread (everyone are most welcome to jump in and offer ideas)

General points:
I was very fond of the Realms thread (to my knowledge (a very dwarven biased one tho) it was the first of a kind on the plaza). I especially liked the fact that it was no one-purpose thread but combined multiple areas where one could devise open RP. I would love to see that again, with a caveat that those are NOT definiive and only areas one can play in and that RPers are free and most welcome to invent their own areas.

A few of the areas which we had in old Realms thread were not originally Tolkienesque but have been devised by members in various RP games. Again, that is a great concept, as it brings a uniqueness to our forum and members can contribute more. Seeing that we're newly inhabiting Erebor, we don't yet have such an area, but I would keep my eyes open for surely such an opportunity would soon surface.

At one point, I believe, we also had prompts which was great. Prompts added
an element of surprise and often helped those with failing inspiration.
Of course, one could always chose to ignore the prompt.

Possible areas
As we don't have many players, general RP thread could also include some areas which have previously had a topic of their own - for instance The Market (though, maybe this would be more fitting for Dale??) and various workshops (gem cutters - we used to have crystal cave for that), mines and all other locations where one could have apprentices and advance through some ranks.

Also, this paragraph from Encyclopedia of Arda gave me an idea, it is about Erebor during the War of the ring: "The impregnable gates of Erebor, furnished and worked extensively with
intricate Dwarven smith-work, easily withstood the battering rams and
siege equipment of the Easterlings. The Lonely Mountain itself was a
key strongpoint and gave its defenders great tactical leverage against
the attackers, being able to shoot arrows and fling stones down below
in reprisal. The many years invested in improving the Lonely Mountain's
defenses paid off, and the defenders lasted the Easterlings out for a
siege.</font>" So perhaps one of the areas could be a smithy. If we'll have Anghak again, this could be area associated with the army as well. Heck, we could even force prisoners to work on our defences in the nastier parst of the smithy works *g*.

Also, residential area for people to RP everyday living.

Hallways and Deep mines also offer loads of possibilities - who knows where has Smaug hidden all of his stolen treasure?

Constructions sites where everyone could get involved in clearing up Erebor from Smaug's rabble? Maye that could be the theme for the first general RP thread and then we can take it from there and open up new areas as the mountain gets cleared?

Drifa
07/Jan/2010, 08:51 AM
No Ran, I created Name That Tune. My name was kimli back then. I remember making all those musical note icons .*grin* My DJ name was Midnight Moria. What was yours, Nwyfre? Do you remember?

Queen Nerwen
07/Jan/2010, 09:42 AM
5 points to Ran, for being so good!

The bits of open RP thread that I have for Erebor inclues; The Front Gate, Craftsmen Offices, Residential District, Miner's Halls, The Depths.

There is a plan (ish) for a thread that goes thus: a semi-serious RPG in which the Dwarves have mostly cleansed the Halls of Smaug's filth. But a new wing is being expanded to commemorate the retaking of the Mountain, restoration of Dale, etc. Dwarves are needed for design, mining, crafting delicate architecture. This wing will be used for all feasting, partying, etc in LM from now on, especially when foreign guests are in
</font>

Ránlindë Fey
07/Jan/2010, 12:39 PM
Aaaah, finally I placed you Drifa! I had somehow missed your transition from kimli to Drifa. I remember the icons too! It was a fun game, though I mostly lurked and haven't played. I could never memorize songs' names or artists. Sorry for mixing up author's rights on the game creation. Can I blame it on senility and old age? ;)

Oh wow, thanks Nerwen. I like your ideas for open RPG thread. Again, if we will have any kind of an Army, a roster can be made of gate guarding. And I am looking very much forward to crafting delicate architecture. :D

How about making a whole Crafts "district" which could include offices AND shops.

Idesinholde
07/Jan/2010, 01:00 PM
I am seeing some fabulous ideas dear dwarves that I just cannot wait to play in. Yeah I just wanted to say that you'r ideas when it comes to an open RP thread is making me think of all the RP scenarios I could have fun with.smileys/smiley4.gif

As for an army.. I think a small Royal Guard or other would do better as having a large organization has failed before. Not to mention it would need active leadership. However I'd love to see something like that here in LM since we dwarves know how to wield an axe! I'd be more than willing to try and whip up some ideas for that if there is an interest?

Edited by: Idesinholde

Balfur
07/Jan/2010, 02:53 PM
</font>
How about making a whole Crafts "district" which could include offices AND shops.

Yay! That is absolutely a wonderful idea and to be honest I've been waiting for that kind of thing to come (not wonderful ideas, you guys have them enough, but the crafts district). You've got my vote!</font>

Hermod
07/Jan/2010, 03:34 PM
Quick first attempt (god it's been ages since I did one of these)

May need to beg Ran to edit the gif to change the final part, or I could probably do something to sort it if needed.
---
Original credit to Borromino</font>

http://users.durge.org/~edain/thief-hunt2.gif

Erebor Thief Hunt

It was party night in Erebor and the crowds would soon be gathering in the pub. As Queen Nerwen was combing her beard she reached over for her platting gems but came up empty. One was missing! Calling for her guards she quickly had an elite team of investigators gathered to save the day. All they had to do was find the missing jewel before her arrival at the party. Succede and they would have the heartfelt thanks of the Queen, fail, and they'd probably become intimately aquinted with her axe...

Who stole it?
Anteor, Balfur, Dain, Daywalker, Dis, Drifta, Hermod, Idesinholde, LittlePeople, Moros, Nain, Norin, Nwyfre, Oin, Queen Nerwen, Ranlinde, Sirom, Star Flower TMM, Tornihyanda</font>

Where has it been hidden?
The Ale Cellars, Census Room, The Depths, Fighting Pits, The Front Gate, Gemcutter's Workshop, The Great Chamber of Thor, The Great Hall, The Market, Miner's Halls, Guard Station, Open Air Pub, Ravenhill, Residential Quarters, River Running, Royal Chambers, The Side Door, Smaug's Lair, Thorin's Burial Chamber, The Western Flanks</font>

What was stolen?
Albite, Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Beryl, Citrine, Diamond, Emerald, Garnet, Hematite, Jasper, Lapis Lazuli, Opal, Oynx, Pearl, Peridot, Quartz, Sapphire, Ruby, Topaz</font>

The OOC stuff:
-Rounds will last 48 hours (approx)
-At the end of a round, hints will be given relationg to guesses given
-Each round select a thief, a location and a gem
-To win you must guess all three correctly and as a result you will move up the Investigator's table.
-Posts must be roleplayed
-Open to members from any region

Investigator's Table
Rank 1:
Rank 2: *</font>
Rank 3:
Rank 4: *</font>
Rank 5:
Rank 6: *</font>

*</font> (May select two thieves)
*</font> (May select two locations)
*</font> (May select two gems)

Queen Nerwen
07/Jan/2010, 04:17 PM
Wahey Hermod! (I owe you a pint of ale!!) That looks excellent. If you're happy with it then it gets the green light from me. Just put a minimum of 200 characters rule in there, stick it on the end of rule 5!

Crafts thingy! Do we want a whole seperate thread for this? Because then we could throw mining in there too and have it all together. Then have a seperate stuff for the normal day to day life stuff. I was going to put the more Market orientated things in Dale.
</font>

Hermod
07/Jan/2010, 05:12 PM
Posted with the edit. Once I get the banner sorted I'll edit the OP but figured it'll do for now.

Ránlindë Fey
07/Jan/2010, 05:29 PM
Crafts thingy! Do we want a whole seperate thread for this? Because then we could throw mining in there too and have it all together. Then have a seperate stuff for the normal day to day life stuff. I was going to put the more Market orientated things in Dale.
</font>

We can try it that way too. And then, if things don't work out (not enough participation, or whatever) you can just merge it with open RPG. Heck, we can have merchants from Dale coming into our Crafts district to purchase wares.

Crafts - I can think of smithy, armoury, jewelery, masons (and fine masonry .- like statues and decorations for home). Maybe some mechanical contraptions too - with levers, pulleys (think moderate, tolkienesque steampunk) - like elevators and stuff. I would expect Dwarves to excel at that sort of thing with their passion for deep mining and such.

Balfur
07/Jan/2010, 05:39 PM
Hermod: That OP looks fabulous, good job!

I think we don't need separate threads for the separate things, crafting, mining and living in Erebor, it only seems logical to me to blend them into one topic. What would dwarves otherwise do? Ah, maybe work and time off work should be separated. Market in Dale is a good idea, makes this place a little more the image of the reclusive dwarven society.</font>

Queen Nerwen
07/Jan/2010, 05:49 PM
Okay...well if someone or a group of someones wants to construct an OP that's fab. You can work on it in here if you wantsmileys/smiley1.gif

Moros
07/Jan/2010, 07:21 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Personally, I think these warrant two seperate threads, organized as such:
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">1.) Open RP thread, like Realms. Includes whatever you want, perhaps with descriptions for residential areas, other major areas. Mining can go on here, too, since it's wide open. I don't see mining warranting a whole separate thread.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">2.) An industrial/production/whatever district. This is where all actual crafting, forging, carpentry, etc. can go on. Not a market, however, as I agree that should be kept in Dale. This district would be less about the exchange of goods (a la market), and more about the setting. It would be a place for Dwarves to explore their creative side, either alone or with friends. The way I see it, it could be similar to the Open RP thread in that there isn't one set blacksmith or tanner or whatever, but rather allows people the freedom to just explore the district as they see fit, either by manufacturing things themselves, bothering people at work, managing a business, or whatever their hearts desire.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">These are just ideas though, and largely reflect what has already been said, so I am excited to see what comes of it all! http://lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Nwyfre Hammershaft
08/Jan/2010, 02:56 AM
I think I have to agree with Moros, we're already (practically) running a market in Dale, though we should give some thought to getting new doors for the market there lol. I like the idea of a craftsman type thread here, I kinda like the old clan idea where it's like a craftsmans guild and they take in new apprentices and show and teach through RP.

This thread in Rivendell is a good example: The Tingdain (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=236228)

This is just an example of the kinds of craftsy type thread i think we should have...

Ránlindë Fey
08/Jan/2010, 08:32 AM
I don't like the idea of apprenticeship. At one point, many of our clans were run that way and IMHO in many instances that went badly. First of all - you're limited and restricted by your RP teacher and have to wait on them to post a task for you. Secondly, not all players are equally skilled. This may not be a popular notion, but is it right that someone not very skilled at RP but persistent should be granted a title of lets say weapon's master just because he/she has finished all the posts necessary for that requirement? I don't want to sound presumptuous or give off ideas that I consider myself a RPer par excellance for surely I am not that. But on several occasions I was deterred from joining a particular apprenticeship based thread precisely because my would-be teachers were simply not interesting enough to spark my imagination. Of course, you could say that it is up to the teacher, TR (Thread runner) to determine whether someone's post is good enough to warrant the advancement to the next stage. But that rarely happens as no one wants to bring in the bad news and many would get insulted if they were told that their current RP skill isn't of a sufficient level.

What I would do (and maybe I'm totally off the mark and my idea has huge gaping holes I don't see) is to leave such thread more open. No roster, no master craftsman or whatever, no levels determined by the tasks and amount of posts one had to make in order to advance to the next level. We could invent a Chief as an NPC for TR to play, but also allow the players to interact and RP him at their leisure, following certain rules of course. No one can be a master in the first post, but instead of having to finish tasks set by others, why not just enjoy and participate and let your imagination fly. And, if and when someone stands out as a TR or ruler can grant him/her title of Master of Crafts or whatever we decide to call it. Naturally, we can also have prompts started by GM or Ruler. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen something along these lines done for Rangers and Shipyards in Gray Havens.

OK, I'll try my hand at OP for general RP thread. However, I consider my attempt a mere draft for everyone else to pick upon and add their own bits. As I will most probably be away from the Plaza in the following week (HERE (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=236760&amp;PID=7165916#7165916)'s why) by no means should you wait for me if the consensus is reached. I do NOT have enough free time to shoulder a responsibility of any thread, especially not a thread so important as a general RP thread.

</font>Secrets of the Lonely Mountain</font>
(feel free to invent a better name, I'm out of ideas)
- General RP Thread -

</font>“We have done well,” he [Gloin] said. (...) " You should see the waterways of Dale, Frodo, and the fountains, and the pools! You should see the stone-paved roads of many colours! And the halls and cavernous streets under the earth with arches carved like trees; and the terraces and towers upon the Mountain sides! Then you would see that we have not been idle.”
</font></font>FOTR, Many Meetings

Varkin to Erebor's open RP thread. Here you can explore the newly reclaimed kingdom of the Dwarves. We offer you a few areas, however you should not feel limited by them and are more than free to invent your own. Please make sure you state your position at the beginning of your post to make it easier for others to play along.

Areas
The Front Gate
The entrance to Erebor is a busy place. Carts loaded with many Dwarven wares creak along the paved road, on their way to the Market at Dale. However, as days grow more dangerous and the shadow lengthens, so the wariness of the Dwarves grows. Do not expect to pass through the doors unchallenged and unquestioned - for the Dwarves have not forgotten the cunningness of the Enemy and they guard their secrets well.

The Hallways
After passing through the front gate, you enter a warren of hallways, even busier than the road to Erebor for Dwarves are an industrious folk, every hurrying towards their next task. Should you get lost in the maze-like tunnels, feel free to ask for directions.

Towers upon the Mountain sides
Long and winding stairs and narrow tunnels lead to the Towers.After many twists and turns you arrive breathless but the magnificent view has been worth the weary trek. The whole of Dale and beyond lies revealed before you. Here you may also find ever watchful members of the Dwarven Guard, heaps of stones and arrows stacked neatly by the outer walls, ready to be flung from the tower slits at anyone foolish enough to approach Erebor openly with foul intentions.

Residential area
Deep under the Mountai lies the very heart of the Dwarven society - their residential area. Only Dwarves and Dwarf-friends can hope to find it as many twists and turns and false hallways hinder anyone from straying here by an accident. The laughter of Dwarflings mingles with clanking of cutlery and heavy sounds of a hammer. For even at home a hammer is never far from a Dwarf's hand.

The Mines
Deep are the mines of Erebor and filled with wonder and peril. Some areas are accessible only by ropes and climbing down sheer cliffs; somewhere industrious Dwarven hands have devised elevators operated by many pulleys and levers. Do not stay here if you're faint of heart or without heavy equipment. And do NOT go alone!

Hall of Records
Akin to Hall of Fire in Rivendell, this is a place of contemplation and learning. Cavernous hall is filled with tomes of records of glorious Dwarven deeds from times long gone; the walls lined with busts of past Kings and Queens and Heroes under the Mountain. In recesses, light is streaming from cunningly designed light shafts, illuminating stone benches covered with pillows. Rest deep in thought, devise a new song or immerse yourself in records of Dwarven knowledge lest it pale from the memory of the living.

Rules:
This is a thread for all your general RP and to experience life under the Lonely Mountain.
At least 300 words per post and try to be interesting and possibly interact with others.
Sigs off!
No godmoding and try to stay close to Tolkien
Any race is welcome but use your common sense. Dwarves are a reclusive folk and therefore some areas are closed to visitors -like Residential area. Some would need permission from the Ruers - such as Hall of Records and the Mines.

Ránlindë Fey
08/Jan/2010, 09:12 AM
The Crafts area: I have no idea for a decent name, I suck at that. My lame attempts are: Workshops of the Dwarves; Industry under the Mountain; Crafts and Arts of the Dwarves (I told you they were lame). MEH!

... "in metal-work we cannot rival our fathers, many of whose secrets are lost. We make good armour and keen swords, but we cannot again make mail or blade to match those that were made before the dragon came. Only in mining and building have we surpassed the old days.”</font>
FOTR, Many Meetings

Close to the front door lie many workshops and crafts offices of the Dwarves. Bustling corridor is filled with sounds of hammering, sawing, cutting and other less inteligible sounds of Dwarves being hard at work interspersed with an occasional curse. Wheelbarrows and carts filled with raw materials of all kinds mix with merchants from Dale briwsing wares, ordering new stocks and organizing shipments. Stern gaze from a Guard warns you to behave yourself in this place of wonder.

On one side you spy a smithy, close by is a forge; sharp axes glittering menacingly on display; chainmails hanging on the walls so intricately worked that you would wear them to a ball. Not too far away your eye is drawn to enchanting glitter of a gem-cutter's workshop. And can you pass by jeweler without stopping? For many of Arda's famous necklaces, bracelets and adornments of all kinds were Dwarven-made. Clank of hammer and sounds of stone shattering break the spell and you're able to go forward towards mason's offices. Rough wooden tables are over-flowing with charts and if only you could afford it!

So here's how I envisage Craft's thread. Very much like open RP only themed. You can RP a crafter, apprentice, merchant, visitor... I've left out the rules as I'm against the apprenticship program and fixed shops (though, if one proves him/herself by RPing in the thread, there's no reason why they couldn't be awarded the right to hold a particular shop). However, I do realize that not all my share my sentiment so I'll leave the rule making for later times or for others. But at least now we have some base to work on, if you like what I have devised. I'm off to pack my bags now.

Moros
08/Jan/2010, 05:32 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Ran:
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">First off, I really like the descriptions for both threads, they are great! The Secrets of the Lonely Mountain isvery well-done overall, and there are very few things for me to comment on.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">However, nowhere does it state whether or not posters would be restricted to only those areas described, or if they could explore the mountain further by creating their own areas. Like I've said before, I personally prefer the latter, but I'd be okay with keeping it to just those ones too--there just needs to be a statement in the OP indicating one case or the other.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Another thing I am going to nitpick about is the word limit. I think 300 words is a bit high. I know we're going for quality role-playing in this thread, but I don't think that a word limit is the way to do that; people can write very good short posts as well. Plus, I know with my own schedule and involvement, it can be difficult to spend the time writing out 300 words. And if there was a more lenient limit(say, 300 characters? just an example) then that would encourage more people to come and post as well, since there isn't that huge time commitment.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">As for the Industry Under the Mountain (that's the name I like! but then maybe we could change the Secrets of the Lonely Mountain to Secrets of Erebor? To avoid using 'mountain' a whole ton. whoops, digression...), I think the description is good, but like you have said yourself, it still needs a little work on the details and actual logistics of the thread. I've outlined my thoughts on the matter in my previous post, so I won't repeat them, but I will agree with you in saying that I do not like the previous Clan-based apprenticeship idea, even used outside of the Clans. It worked well waaay back when, when everybody was super-active, but nowadays it would be counter-productive. I much prefer a more open, flowing thread where activity can be based more on the individual basis but where interaction is still possible and encouraged. Having the thread runner dole out "promotions" or whatever could work, but it could not be based on interaction between the TR and the poster; it would have to be done more in accordance with what the individual poster has done across the board, with everyone elseas well asindependently. I have some time tomorrow, so I may play around with these ideas a bit more then.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">And finally, the ultimate nit-pickiness, I noticed just a few typos:
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">...for Dwarves are an industrious folk, ever(y) hurrying towards their next task.
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">Deep under the Mountain lies the very heart of the Dwarven society
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">The cavernous hall is filled with tomes of records...
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">The bustling corridor is filled with sounds of hammering...
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">...mix with merchants from Dale browsing wares...
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">A stern gaze from a Guard...

Norin Deathfoot
22/Jan/2010, 09:30 AM
How about a silly wordplay on the craft area: Craft(in)g the Mountain?

Like the idea of crafts area. It can be like a large cave with workshops built up on the sides and the middle.
*nods*
I'll try and work on it a bit, but no promises.

Queen Nerwen
28/Jan/2010, 07:44 PM
Hello darlings. I'm sorry for being so absent, I've got 3 projects on the go at the moment. If you need anything promptly, go to Idesinholde, much lovessmileys/smiley10.gif

Moros
28/Jan/2010, 08:33 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">*salutes* *tromps off*
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Just for the record though, after re-thinking things, I don't think the crafting area should have a seperate thread. It's good in theory, but in practice I feel that it will just turn out to be like the pre-existing Market. And we need new ideas!

Queen Nerwen
13/Feb/2010, 03:48 PM
Hi guys!! I'm sorry for not being here for you...doing my best! Anyway here I am and I really want to get the ball moving on our RP threads. HUge hats off to Ran and Moros who have clearly given this a lot of thought. Now, with Anteor's thread running, we can't open these now (I like continuity) but I would like to have them ready to go in a few weeks.

First off we need to decide on a way to combine our normal RP threads with the crafting/mining. I think this can be fairly simple, colours, post titles etc. I also agree with Ran, I don't like apprenticeship. It works ok when there are loads of people RPing, but we all know plaza has less members than 4 years ago. However, I would like to see some constant prescence in these craft and mining areas...thoughts??

Norin Deathfoot
18/Feb/2010, 08:27 PM
I'm not suggesting clans again, but I will suggest different areas for different things. One thread for mining, one for crafting, a thread for general socialising? Sort of like a new thread for a different thing a dwarf would do in his/her day.

It's not a very good idea, but the only thing I can come up with at 1:30am...

Oro
02/Mar/2010, 03:35 PM
Hey everyone, its Oro. Im planning on coming back here, need something to do in my spare time and have gotten back to writing recently. I am planning on being semi-active. If you want an explanation of why "semi" is the most I can use, read ahead. If you want to know how Ive been and where Ive been, read ahead. if not and just want to hear my thoughts, just skip to beyond the story.

Alright I got a long story, so sit round the camp fire, pull out your pipes and listen to a tale of mystery, intrigue, scholarship, and alot of boring days. Lol.
It all began two years ago when a rather seasoned Plaza veteran who was still mostly active, signed up for the Air Force. He knew it would be a long and busy journey but was sure to be surprised when he learned how many days he would spend locked in a small room studying or in a little bit larger room cleaning.
I joined the Air Force in April of 2008, after having gone to college for two years and spending alot of hours in class and the other hours of my life working at a hospital as a transporter. I signed up in the Air Force as an open ended linguist, meaning they would assign me a language and send me to a school to learn that language. I was excited. Didnt know what i had signed up for. After 6.5 weeks of basic training, I was sent to beautiful Monterey, California where I was assigned the language of Mandarin Chinese and was stationed on a small army post while going to school everyday and being taught by 4 authentic Chinese instructors. 3 of them were born in China, 1 was born in Taiwan. The school was extremely tough, 9 hours of class, 1 hour ofPhysicalTraining, and then 3-4 hours of studying each night just to barely stay a float. I was overwhelmed, depressed, and overall not enjoying life. After a year of studying Chinese and being pretty much yelled at by every army officer on post for not "trying hard enough" (if you fail a test, its not because you didnt understand...its because of lack of effort) they finally kicked me out of the program and the Air Force put me in limbo.
For 3 months I sat in Monterey at the Army post and awaited new orders and a new job. Finally I was given the job of "AircraftElectricalandEnvironmentalTechnician" a fancy title for "grease monkey". I went through the EnE (Electrical and Environmental) school and passed with a 97, pretty impressive, and was sent to Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV where I am currently stationed. I have worked here for 3 months on "Swings" shift, which is typically 4am-Midnight, sometimes working as late as 4am or 5am. I am an F-16 electrician here at Nellis AFB. Along the way, I started dating a girl from back home and pretty soon will be asking her to marry me. She is also an avid Lord of the Rings fan, but I dont think I could ever get her to join the plaza, dont think she enjoys forum life too much. Shes a huge outdoorsy girl. So anyway that is my tale. I could go into more, but that is the basics, and all we should need for now.
I am very excited with the changes to the plaza. Now I can remake my character with slight changes, make him less cliche and more interesting. Give him a deeper familial background. I still plan on keeping good old Oro as the name, and will prolly recreate a cast of NPCs to work with him. I may end up with some pieces of my old characters just for memories sake but will keep him pretty true to what Id want in an epic-ly dwarfish army sgt.
I would love to help create a guard. I have alot of ideas, and would make a system that is really short and easy without a need for huge activity. It would be a fun just "lets go out and hunt orcs" type deal with a quarterly RPG type deal or some kind of new "mission" every now and again. Id love to help work on it, if not take charge. I got alot of ideas and plenty of time, when not working too much. I said I may be semi-active because I never know when Life will overcome me (like anyone) but plan on being pretty firm. I will post a list of ideas once i have them written up in a day or two, maybe today if im lucky. I worked till 5am last night, and it is currently 1130am. I only slept till 10am so a little tired at the moment. But Id love to help create a guard unit that has an OOC thread but uses the realms as basis for moving around and possibly moves to other forums. If activity gets higher we could open a barracks/training quarters thread but most of that can be done in realms. I will be back with ideas!
Ohh and it took me forever to find the dwarves. I think I lost 150 points just changing realms.....*chuckles*

Edited by: Oro Stonefist

Oro
03/Mar/2010, 08:43 AM
Double Post, But I have officially created Oro Stonefist and will be introducing him to the Plaza in the next day or two. Probably in the Census thread.However he has a few quirks that "canon" scowlers may not like. If anyone has any dislike to his past and family past, I can always edit it.

Queen Nerwen
04/Mar/2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Orosmileys/smiley2.gif Welcome back! I'm glad your life is so excellent and exciting. Thank you so much for your offers of help, If you want to sharpen your axe on some orc and goblin necks asap, pop over to Moria in Western Mountains. A military movement here in the Wilderland will have to be discussed with my other co-rulers, but it will be discussed and we will get back to you when we can. As for any other ideas you have, you can post there here or in the Wilderland Central Station. Email and PM still work too!

Oro
04/Mar/2010, 07:38 AM
Well my ideas include making a Guard Branch for Erebor that would have several ranks, but no need to fill those ranks. The Guard would be mostly PCs. They would be small and just patrol and guard. Whenever they went out on missions of the Queen's need they would make a "Special Forces" type group. With each member taking a job such as "Medic" "Engineer" "Scout" "Shock Trooper" ect. And they would work as a small group in just normal missions.
If a battle ever came upon Erebor, each member of the guard would take leadership roles in the Army. A militia would be formed of ALL dwarves of Erebor who wished to defend their country (any dwarf who knows how to wield arms would be allowed to train with the Guard and could work as "Reserve" type soldier in case of emergency.) Then each guard member would take a unit,equivalentto their rank in the Guard. So where in normal RP the ranks do not matter much, in the case of a battle they would each get a set of NPCs and even PCs assigned to them to roll with. IE if a battle occurs, (assuming Ranks are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 where the highest rank is the Commander) Rank 1 would get a squad of 10 NPCs and any PC that wants to get involved and would RP as a Squad Leader. Rank 2 would 2-3 Squads in a Company and would work with mostly NPCS. and any rank thereafter would command a group of "Militia" NPCs (regular dwarves who arent part of guard but are reservists in case of emergency.)
Each member would start out as a Recruit. As soon as their training was done (just a few posts in any Guard RP event) and then they would move up to a rank with a name such as "Guardsman". A guardsman could be stationed at a point, patrol with another guard, have a recruit shadow them...ect. Then after they have done good work, these Guardsman would be made Sergeants. A Sergeant does the same thing a a Guardsman but in larger fashion. They can lead patrols around Erebor and Dale, train new recruits ect. Beyond this would be the rank of Captain. Captains would have same job as Sergeants, leading patrols ect, but could also take part in planning and strategy ect. Beyond Captains would be the Commander. You wouldnt need to have people OF each rank, just NPCs. Until those spots were filled.

So you could have 1 Commander, 2 Captains, 2 Sergeants, and 1 Guardsman ( a good number of 6 PCs) who run the entire Guard and would be able to control an ARMY if need be when the time comes. Yes its a small number, but its a realistic number for Modern Plaza. They could easily have special RPs of Patrolling, Missions for the Queen, Bodyguarding the Queen, or even large scale armies. It would be easy to control and manage and would make for a fun RP for the Dwarves of Erebor...and also would lead to IK RPGs. A very, versatile, reasonable, and not reliant upon too many members. It can do any level of RP and would lead to many fun adventures if the Queen wants something done by a Spec Ops group, lol.
I think this is a pretty reasonable proposal for an Ereborian Army, and would be fun for all. It is simple and versatile. So I like it. Thats all. Lol.

Tornihyanda
07/Mar/2010, 03:27 PM
Varkin everyone! It's been really a loooooooong time since the last time I posted around here.smileys/smiley2.gifI guess I will still need some time to get back to business and I do hope I won't have to disappear just like that so soon.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one coming back. Hi, Oro! It's wonderful to see you again!smileys/smiley4.gif

Idesinholde
10/Mar/2010, 05:55 AM
Welcome back Oro &amp; a warm welcome back to you too Torni! Its great to have you both 'home' again!smileys/smiley2.gif

It's great to see you back and so full of enthusiasm Oro! However right now one might prefer to develop the other RP threads like crafts etc first and then perhaps we can get to an 'army' of sorts once there is a base of LM activities/ threads. *nods*

So lets get started on that! Who would like to run such a thread and gather up all the brilliant suggestions made in this thread and creating some sort of FP?

Oro
16/Mar/2010, 07:52 AM
</span></span></span>Ok, so I reworked the Secrets of the Lonely Mountain visually. I still need an image, or banner for the OP. I used the old Realms of Khazad-dum format (which actually I helped designed with Tangled Axe, Ranlinde, Lerin, and a few others (a long time ago)). Id like to see a few more areas, and more description. But Its late, and Ranlinde's areas seemed good to poach (lol). </span></span>Id be very interested in running this thread due to the fact that I am bored, have no responsibilities just yet (other than to post in 2 RP threads) and used to run the Realms after Tangled Axe. I actually helped to rewrite alot of the Realms after Tangled made it, and rework the format. So I could do the same here. I will probably take a few days to rework the descriptions out and add a few more areas. But Id be nice if someone who owns the books could give me some lore descriptions of Erebor. Sadly I am in the military and all my books are at my parent's house 2000 miles away. If i could get the lore, I will add more description and areas. </span></span>
</span>Things YOU can do to help:
</span></span></span>If an artist could design a banner/picture for it
</span>If a loremaster could find me some descriptions of Erebor.
Any other area's you have an idea for
Any better description you would like to propose for an area.
Spell/Grammar checking
And any idea you have for it. </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>

The realms can be an OPEN RP place for anyone who wants to have fun in Erebor. Any Mining company formed by a group of friends, any crafts, or shops wanted could be made. You could make your own house, play a guard on duty. Ect. Ect. If you want your family to have a mansion in Erebor you could create it and RP the staff ect. It could keep anyone busy. </span></span>Id be able to piece it together even better and more canon, and post it soon as we are ready to open up shop. All in all, it will take me a few days to beef it up, and improve it. But Ranlinde really did give us some good areas and with a combination of stealing from Realms, working with Ranlinde's OP, and a little beefing of my own (with the help of anyone who would like) I should have this post ready EASILY before the RPG is finished reclaiming it and rebuilding it. </span></span></span>
</font></span></span>

</span>
</font></span></span>

</span>Secrets of the Lonely Mountain</font>
</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>(by Ranlinde and Oro.
</span></span></span>Based off of the Realms of Khazad-Dum, original idea by Tangled Axe.)</span>

</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>(picture goes here)</span>

</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>
</span>

</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>“We have done well,” he [Gloin] said. (...) " You should see the waterways of Dale, Frodo, and the fountains, and the pools! You should see the stone-paved roads of many colours! And the halls and cavernous streets under the earth with arches carved like trees; and the terraces and towers upon the Mountain sides! Then you would see that we have not been idle.”
</font></font></span></span>-Gloin to Frodo. FOTR, Many Meetings

Varkin to the Proud and Great
</span></span></span>Kingdom of Erebor</span></span>

Here you may explore life in and around the Dwarven Realm of Erebor. What does your character do when not at work or at the Pub? Where do they live, what do they do for fun, where do they go? Traverse the awe-inspiring streets of the lonely mountain, the majestic towers built into the cliffs, and even the unexplored depths of the rebuilt kingdom.</span>This is a Free-RP thread designed for Character Development and a place where you may conduct serious role-play (or not). As well as going about your ordinary routine, small RPGs can be held here, and, basically, any RP interaction that is within the Kingdom of Dain II Ironfoot.</span></span>Remember Thatthe Year Is TA 3014</font></span>
</font>Erebor is flourishing under the reign of King Dain II Ironfoot and the War of the Ring has not yet begun.</font></span>
</font>

</span>Rules</span></span></span>

<ul style="list-style-: circle; "><li style="text-align: left;margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">At the Top of Your Post, Put theLocation</span>and yourCharacter Name</span>inBold</span></span><li style="text-align: left;margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">This is a</span>n In-Character (IC) thread. There should be NO OOC comments in this thread. Post all OOC comments in the OOC thread located &lt;here&gt;. To call someone's attention to the OOC thread, signal them with an @ [Person's Display Name] at the bottom of your post.</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left;margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">ALL races and members of ALL kingdoms are welcome to post her; But use your common sense. Dwarves are a reclusive folk and therefore some areas are closed to visitors -like Residential area. Some would need permission from the Ruers - such as Hall of Records and the Mines.</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left;margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please follow all common IC rules. IE. No Godmoding, Keep to Canon, Posts must be of 200 characters, ect.</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left;margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please follow all Plaza rules. IE Keep things PG, No double posting, ect.</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left;margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please turn your </span>signatures</span>OFF<ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "></span></span></span>[/list]</span>[/list]</span></span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span></span>[/list]<ul style="list-style-: circle; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">The Thread Runners are</span>______ and Oro(if you let me, lol). Please respect their authority and that of the Rulers. Do not chastise anyone for something they've done or comment on it, etc. That is the Thread-Runners job. Please PM the Thread Runners or Rulers if you have an issue with any issue you may have.</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Enjoy Yourself!</span></span></span>[/list]</span>Regions</font></span>
</font></span>(You may also create your own area to RP in, though it should be a place that would be found in Moria &amp; Surroundings)</font></span></span></span>

The Front Gate</font>
You have seen it for miles but arriving at Erebor is breathtaking nonetheless. Before you stands the great and enormous mountain of the dwarves, from out of which flows the River Celduin. Before you stands the tall and ominous gates to the Kingdom of the dwarves. Carved out of the very stone of the mountain is a tall entranceway with a heavy metal gate built onto it. A dozen dwarven guards stand watch, with keen eyes attentive to all the actions of those who enter.Carts loaded with many Dwarven wares creak along the paved road, on their way to the Market at Dale. However, as days grow more dangerous and the shadow lengthens, so the wariness of the Dwarves grows. Do not expect to pass through the doors unchallenged and unquestioned - for the Dwarves have not forgotten the cunningness of the Enemy and they guard their secrets well.

Towers upon the Mountain sides</font>
Long and winding stairs and narrow tunnels lead to the Towers. After many twists and turns you arrive breathless but the magnificent view has been worth the weary trek. The whole of Dale and beyond lies revealed before you. Here you may also find ever watchful members of the Dwarven Guard, heaps of stones and arrows stacked neatly by the outer walls, ready to be flung from the tower slits at anyone foolish enough to approach Erebor openly with foul intentions.

Residential area</font>
Deep under the Mountain lies the very heart of the Dwarven society - their residential area. Only Dwarves and Dwarf-friends can hope to find it as many twists and turns and false hallways hinder anyone from straying here by an accident. The laughter of Dwarflings mingles with clanking of cutlery and heavy sounds of a hammer. For even at home a hammer is never far from a Dwarf's hand.
Industry in the Mountain</font>Close to the front door lie many workshops and crafts offices of the Dwarves. Bustling corridor is filled with sounds of hammering, sawing, cutting and other less inteligible sounds of Dwarves being hard at work interspersed with an occasional curse. Wheelbarrows and carts filled with raw materials of all kinds mix with merchants from Dale briwsing wares, ordering new stocks and organizing shipments. Stern gaze from a Guard warns you to behave yourself in this place of wonder.On one side you spy asmithy, close by is aforge; sharp axes glittering menacingly on display; chainmails hanging on the walls so intricately worked that you would wear them to a ball. Not too far away your eye is drawn to enchanting glitter of agem-cutter's workshop. And can you pass byjewelerwithout stopping? For many of Arda's famous necklaces, bracelets and adornments of all kinds were Dwarven-made. Clank of hammer and sounds of stone shattering break the spell and you're able to go forward towardsmason's offices. Rough wooden tables are over-flowing with charts and if only you could afford it!</span></font>

The Mines</font>
Deep are the mines of Erebor and filled with wonder and peril. Some areas are accessible only by ropes and climbing down sheer cliffs; some where industrious Dwarven hands have devised elevators operated by many pulleys and levers. Here is where the miners of the dwarves spend their day's. Carving into the depths of the earth, a maze-like network of tunnels from which they pull precious metals and gemstones. Do not stay here if you're faint of heart or without heavy equipment. And do NOT go alone!

Hall of Records</font>
Akin to Hall of Fire in Rivendell, this is a place of contemplation and learning. The cavernous hall is filled with tomes of records of glorious Dwarven deeds from times long gone; the walls lined with busts of past Kings and Queens and Heroes under the Mountain. In recesses, light is streaming from cunningly designed light shafts, illuminating stone benches covered with pillows. Rest deep in thought, devise a new song or immerse yourself in records of Dwarven knowledge lest it pale from the memory of the living.

</span>

Queen Nerwen
16/Mar/2010, 03:57 PM
Oro you're a star for doing all this. A few changes though..

Secrets of the Lonely Mountain</font>
</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>(by Ranlinde and Oro.
</span></span></span>Based off of the Realms of Khazad-Dum, original idea by Tangled Axe.)</span>

</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>(picture goes here)</span>

</span>

</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>“We have done well,” he [Gloin] said. (...) " You should see the waterways of Dale, Frodo, and the fountains, and the pools! You should see the stone-paved roads of many colours! And the halls and cavernous streets under the earth with arches carved like trees; and the terraces and towers upon the Mountain sides! Then you would see that we have not been idle.”

Here you may explore life in and around the Dwarven Realm of Erebor. What does your character do when not at work or at the Pub? Where do they live, what do they do for fun, where do they go? Traverse the awe-inspiring streets of the lonely mountain, the majestic towers built into the cliffs, and even the unexplored depths of the rebuilt kingdom.</span>This is a Free-RP thread designed for Character Development and a place where you may conduct serious role-play (or not). As well as going about your ordinary routine, small RPGs can be held here, and, basically, any RP interaction that is within the Kingdom of Dain II Ironfoot.</span></span>Remember Thatthe Year Is TA 3014</font></span>
</font>Erebor is flourishing under the reign of King Dain II Ironfoot and the War of the Ring has not yet begun.</font></span>
</font>

<ul style="list-style-: circle; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">At the Top of Your Post, Put theLocation</span>and yourCharacter Name</span>inBold</span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">This is a</span>n In-Character(IC) thread. </span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">ALL races and members of ALL kingdoms are welcome to post here</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please follow all Plaza rules; family friendly, no double posts, no god-moding...<ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "></span></span></span>[/list]</span>[/list]</span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please turn your</span>signatures</span>OFF</span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; ">Enjoy Yourself!</span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span></span>[/list]I will read the descriptions more thoroughly in a little bit!</span></span>

Oro
16/Mar/2010, 04:10 PM
Yea, I will rework the descriptions tonight when I get off work. And then will try and add some.

Queen Nerwen
17/Mar/2010, 02:37 PM
I would preferably like the OP as short as possiblesmileys/smiley4.gif

Oro
17/Mar/2010, 05:17 PM
I will try and make it so, but if you dont mind me asking, why?

Queen Nerwen
18/Mar/2010, 09:23 PM
Because shorter OPs are less intimidating to newer members, or people who look for more casual RP.

Oro
22/Mar/2010, 03:15 AM
Gotcha. I will get working on a short and sweet version.

Oro
22/Mar/2010, 07:00 AM
Secrets of the Lonely Mountain</font>
Based off of the Realms of Khazad-Dum, original idea by Tangled Axe.)</span></span></span>

</span>

</font>

<ul style="list-style-: circle; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">At the Top of Your Post, Put theLocation</span>and yourCharacter Name</span>inBold</span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">This is a</span>n In-Character(IC) thread. </span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">ALL races and members of ALL kingdoms are welcome to post here</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please follow all Plaza rules. IE Keep things PG, No double posting, ect.</span></span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Please turn your</span>signatures</span>OFF</span></span><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; ">Enjoy Yourself!</span><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "><ul style="list-style-: circle; display: inline !imant; "><li style="text-align: left; margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0pt; margin-left: 0cm; display: inline !imant; "></span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span></span>[/list]</span></span></span>[/list]Regions</font></span>
</font></span>(You may also create your own area to RP in, though it should be a place that would be found in Erebor &amp; Surrounding Areas)</font></span></span></span>

The Front Gate</font>
You have seen it for miles but arriving at Erebor is breathtaking nonetheless. Before you stands the great and enormous mountain of the dwarves, from out of which flows the River Celduin. Before you stands the tall and ominous gates to the Kingdom of the dwarves. Carved out of the very stone of the mountain is a tall entranceway with a heavy metal gate built onto it. A dozen dwarven guards stand watch, with keen eyes attentive to all the actions of those who enter.Carts loaded with many Dwarven wares creak along the paved road, on their way to the Market at Dale. However, as days grow more dangerous and the shadow lengthens, so the wariness of the Dwarves grows. Do not expect to pass through the doors unchallenged and unquestioned - for the Dwarves have not forgotten the cunningness of the Enemy and they guard their secrets well.

Towers upon the Mountain sides</font>
Long and winding stairs and narrow tunnels lead to the Towers. After many twists and turns you arrive breathless but the magnificent view has been worth the weary trek. The whole of Dale and beyond lies revealed before you. Here you may also find ever watchful members of the Dwarven Guard, heaps of stones and arrows stacked neatly by the outer walls, ready to be flung from the tower slits at anyone foolish enough to approach Erebor openly with foul intentions.

Residential area</font>
Deep under the Mountain lies the very heart of the Dwarven society - their residential area. Only Dwarves and Dwarf-friends can hope to find it as many twists and turns and false hallways hinder anyone from straying here by an accident. The laughter of Dwarflings mingles with clanking of cutlery and heavy sounds of a hammer. For even at home a hammer is never far from a Dwarf's hand.
Industry in the Mountain</font>Close to the front door lie many workshops and crafts offices of the Dwarves. Bustling corridor is filled with sounds of hammering, sawing, cutting and other less inteligible sounds of Dwarves being hard at work interspersed with an occasional curse. Wheelbarrows and carts filled with raw materials of all kinds mix with merchants from Dale briwsing wares, ordering new stocks and organizing shipments. Stern gaze from a Guard warns you to behave yourself in this place of wonder.On one side you spy asmithy, close by is aforge; sharp axes glittering menacingly on display; chainmails hanging on the walls so intricately worked that you would wear them to a ball. Not too far away your eye is drawn to enchanting glitter of agem-cutter's workshop. And can you pass byjewelerwithout stopping? For many of Arda's famous necklaces, bracelets and adornments of all kinds were Dwarven-made. Clank of hammer and sounds of stone shattering break the spell and you're able to go forward towardsmason's offices. Rough wooden tables are over-flowing with charts and if only you could afford it!</span></font>

The Mines</font>
Deep are the mines of Erebor and filled with wonder and peril. Some areas are accessible only by ropes and climbing down sheer cliffs; some where industrious Dwarven hands have devised elevators operated by many pulleys and levers. Here is where the miners of the dwarves spend their day's. Carving into the depths of the earth, a maze-like network of tunnels from which they pull precious metals and gemstones. Do not stay here if you're faint of heart or without heavy equipment. And do NOT go alone!

Hall of Records</font>
Akin to Hall of Fire in Rivendell, this is a place of contemplation and learning. The cavernous hall is filled with tomes of records of glorious Dwarven deeds from times long gone; the walls lined with busts of past Kings and Queens and Heroes under the Mountain. In recesses, light is streaming from cunningly designed light shafts, illuminating stone benches covered with pillows. Rest deep in thought, devise a new song or immerse yourself in records of Dwarven knowledge lest it pale from the memory of the living.
Foreign Quarters</font>
Akin to theresidentialdistrict of Erebor, this area is a housing district for foreigners. All who enter Erebor are welcome to relax in a house, once they have been given a key by the guards for a place to stay. Whether you stay one day, or a lifetime, you may reside here. Peddlers can be found on the corners selling food, water, and trinkets from the mines, keepsakes of one's time in Erebor. Toys and Gems of all shapes and sizes for sale. A foreigner can find maps to the most visually and historically appealing places in Erebor.
The Hall of the Ancients</font>
Leading to the throne room of Erebor, one passes through the Hall of Ancients. Here is where the Dain Ironfoot has begun a great project, along the sides of the walls, the great dwarven leaders of the line of Durin's likeness have been carved. Great statues on either side of the road leading to the throne room. One steps under the stern eyes of Durin the Deathless, the great Thror, and even Thorin Oakenshield himself, with a carving of the arkenstone, shining with many small diamonds placed into it, in his hand. It is a testament to the great architecture of the dwarves, and the greatness of that race. Several empty spots can be seen for where the dwarves of the future will be carved. Noone lives forever, but some deserve to be remembered forever. Great dwarves not of the royal line, though not as grand of statues, can be seen throughout the background tapestry on the walls, carved onto the very walls. Azaghal under Glaurung, the forging of dragonhelm of Turin by Telchar, the hobbit BIlbo talking to a raven, and the killing of Smaug by Brand. Brand and Bilbo being the only two non-dwarves or ravens upon the great tapestries along the wall. This room is a favored tourist attraction by all who visit the great kingdom of the dwarves.
Ravenhill</font>
Above the guard chamber of Erebor sits Ravenhill, the land of the ravens, the dwarves' most treasured friends and allies. They have flourished in recent years, Carc and Roac's race becoming great once again. Constant movement can be seen as Ravens fly across the lands, keeping sentinel eyes out for the dwarven guards and the people of Brand, even sending messages to faraway lands for the Dwarves and Humans upon request. Come here to send a message or visit the friendly birds. You may even play a raven, living out his days in Ravenhill. Explore the world as a majestic and beautiful raven, who knows what you will find.

----------------------
Should I add a treasury? Smaug's lair perhaps as a visitor site? Any ideas?
</span></span>

Salguod
26/Mar/2010, 10:44 PM
I'm still confuzzled by all the kingdom changes.
It's like someone kicked the LHC a bit too hard.

Oro
27/Mar/2010, 04:20 PM
Welcome back Salguod.

Everyone, I have been having alot of fun in Erebor, but will be residing in Gondor for the time being. Alot of my friends are there, and I am really enjoying the seriousness of Minas Tirith and true canon RP. Its more my style.

I will still be here in Erebor and posting actively. Since there arent really any threads that are Erebor only, I will keep up in every thread I have helped out with. I will still help make threads here as if I was a dwarf, and even be a thread runner if the Rulers allow it, but I can also allow Ereborian's to post my OPs that I make.

Idesinholde
16/Apr/2010, 04:22 AM
Sal so happy to have you back! http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif*ties down* PM or IM for anything! I mean it! ^^

Awe sad to see you go Oro though you do make a handome Gondorian! Have lots of fun and don't be a stranger! As for your thread idea I don't see why you could not run it if you have the time and interest in doing so. http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Gris Harpwright
28/Apr/2010, 12:57 AM
Hello. I'm a newbie. How do I join a region or kingdom or whatever? I am a dwarf woman so I figured I should be here in the lonely mountain. But I don't get what you're doing or what I should do here. I only know I need to belong somewhere. Is this it?

Idesinholde
29/Apr/2010, 05:24 AM
Welcome to the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain Gris!smileys/smiley5.gif
You can always role play with us in the pub to get used to being a dwarf and giving yourself a chance to explore your character? You are more than welcome! Oh and please do belong here with us *beams* Its the spot for anyone who wants to be a dwarf anyway.<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Gris Harpwright
30/Apr/2010, 01:08 AM
Gris Harpwright at The Front Gate.

Erebor. For almost 200 yearsI have travelled through all the lands of Middle-Earth, harping from hall to hall, getting my pay in food and shelter, saying my thanks, and moving on, ever with Erebor in my mind and on my lips, and sometimes in my sight as I made my way from the Iron hills westward but always in the distance, never did I dare approach. Butat lastI had turned my feet doggedly towardso the Lonely Mountain, and now here I am at the great gates. And now my courage almost fails me. . The Dwarven Guard detail is eyeing me suspiciously. A lone dwarf is a suspicious thing, and I have been journeying solo since Narin Hammerfist disappeared into Mirkwood more than a year ago. They will be even more suspicious when they get close enough tosee that I am a dwarf woman (From far off, not even us dwarves can tell). Dwarf women are not known for liking the life of the road, and are thought to want always to be immersed as the matriarch of a numerous clan. A lone woman bard and harper can be seen as a threat to Dwarf clan life in these troubled times. But I am who I am. All the same, I am scared in case these guards wil somehow discover my half-Dwarven blood, and my other hidden treasure. I hope I can get past them. It will be easier if I am with someone. I sit by the road as if I am waiting for my companions. There are so many carts coming in and out of the mountain. Surely one will present me with an opportunity.

Oro
05/May/2010, 04:53 PM
Is there still interest in a common RP thread for Erebor?

Im still willing to run it, if there is interest. So if there are any takers please let yourselves be known.

Gris Harpwright
06/May/2010, 03:37 PM
Gris would participate. But nobody seems to be around.

Kaos the Gold
06/May/2010, 07:14 PM
Kaos the Black would participate, if you are ready to weather the storm of unlimited cynicism and hate that this character possesses....</font>

Idesinholde
08/May/2010, 07:14 AM
Nerwen is sick with glandular fever last I heard but I'm here now!

Were you interested in running the thread Oro? If so I don't see any reason not to get it started so we can play!smileys/smiley2.gif

Kaos the Gold
09/May/2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah, get on with it. smileys/smiley2.gif</font>

Oro
13/May/2010, 04:30 PM
The thread has been made!

If anyone has any ideas for other regions, better pictures, any other edit they think would be helpful or necessary please message me here or PM me. IF anyone else wants to help run the thread, please feel free to help me all you want. I wont exactly be the most active person in the world for the next few weeks. Tonight I begin a business trip that makes my internet so-so. xD</font>

Edited by: Oro

Idesinholde
15/May/2010, 11:38 AM
Have a nice trip Oro and thank you for opening up the thread. *awards 10 golden coins*

Lets play dwarves! (and whoever else wants to of course *g*)<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Tornihyanda
15/May/2010, 05:02 PM
I'm already there...smileys/smiley2.gif

Have a nice trip Oro!

Oro
20/May/2010, 09:33 PM
Already playing there as well! Hope to stir up some trouble. Soo far its been a good trip, and We are doing very little work. Its alot of relaxing and a little bit of work everyday. But you never know when things will get rough. Soo just updating you all on how its going and hoping I can get some interaction in the Gate of Erebor in the Realms thread.

Ides- Thanks for the Shinies. </font>*ooos and ahhs at coins* </font>
</font>

Idesinholde
26/May/2010, 05:57 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Like a proper dwarf wouldOro ! http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smilery48.gif

Oro
05/Jun/2010, 07:47 AM
Ides- Of course!

And to all wilderlanders, those icons are pretty cool looking, especially the last one. I love the flashing of the icon and its pretty awesome.

Are there any dwarves that want me to start any RPG in the Free RP forum? I got a few ideas.
</font>

Idesinholde
29/Jun/2010, 12:58 AM
I was thinking... does anyone want a new pub? If so; any ideas for theme and anyone willing to run it?smileys/smiley4.gif<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Idesinholde
08/Jul/2010, 02:31 AM
Anyone who wishes to open up a silly RP thread of sorts or game are given permission to do so without having to pass it by me.. Just keep the plaza rules!smileys/smiley4.gif

Lets have some silly fun dwarves!

Tornihyanda
15/Jul/2010, 03:35 PM
I've just finished all by exams for the current year and that means I'm finally in holidays, or sort of. Anyway, I certainly will have now more time to be back to the Plaza and if I do come up with any silly idea, and I will indeed let you know Ides!smileys/smiley10.gif

Idesinholde
20/Jul/2010, 12:59 AM
Congratulations on finishing your exams this year Torni! Good to have ye back</font>smileys/smiley10.gif

Exodarus
13/Aug/2010, 01:23 AM
Erm, Hello. I'm Exodarus And have recently been transfered here from BLACK KINGDOM OF MORDOR, s so I'm sorry if my old evil self shows itself every once in a while along with my hate for gondor. Could you point me in the right direction?

Idesinholde
13/Aug/2010, 12:01 PM
Welcome Exodaurus http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif

So you want to play a dwarf? All threads have a first post and in it you will find description of the thread and the rules. Is there any particular activity you are interested in?

If you are into the Tolkien books - we have an extensive Lore (default.asp?C=1) section which also includes discussions on The Movies (forum_topics.asp?FID=7). If you are artistically inclined, stop by the Cottage of Lost Play (forum_topics.asp?FID=8) to post your art, poetry, etc.

If you are a role-player then the regions are the right place for experiencing life in Tolkien's world first hand. Here there are plenty of places to play in and more opportunities to role play as vastly different races in vastly different places.

Exodarus
13/Aug/2010, 01:48 PM
Thank You. Really I'm not new to the website. I was just asking specifficaly about roleplay in the mountain And how to get started with it.

Idesinholde
15/Aug/2010, 11:46 AM
At the moment you've got the Kingdom of Erebor to play in. But I do agree we need some more threads! Have you got any ideas for a fun dwarven thread? They would be more than welcome! ^^</font>

Exodarus
17/Aug/2010, 06:19 PM
You know what? Erebor has no Army! I mean whats the point of building something if you can't sustain and protect it! We could make avolunteer militia system.

Idesinholde
22/Aug/2010, 08:36 PM
It's a good idea in itself, but if you look back in this thread you'll see its a good idea that has been suggested before. Why has it not been carried out? Because we (the dwarves) have not been able to sustain one before when we were in greater numbers.smileys/smiley4.gif</font>

Exodarus
22/Aug/2010, 11:45 PM
oh

Oak
27/Aug/2010, 02:46 AM
Varkin! I have made the leap and made this my home. I am Dis 'evil' twin. M wah hah ha!</font>

Idesinholde
29/Aug/2010, 12:25 AM
Welcome to Erebor Dat!
</font>If you have any thoughts or ideas feel free to contact me.smileys/smiley4.gif</font>

kori_silverbear
29/Sep/2010, 05:54 PM
The traveling dwarf has once returned, and finds the lands much changed upon his abscense. It seems a time warp has occurred, yet the main dwarvern population is now closer to where he had grown up. Secreted away in the wildernessnear the lonely mountains, father killed by minions (perhaps a chance encounter perhaps not) has left him weary and so his journey begins anew, starting within the lonely mountains instead of the halls of Moria. Perhaps he will join any effort to reclaim that place, though fiery demons make him nervous; or perhaps he shall just observe for awhile. only time will tell.

Idesinholde
30/Sep/2010, 04:56 AM
Welcome back regardless Korismileys/smiley10.gif</font>