PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Lone Lands! - Q&A

Elennáro Mordagnir
01/Dec/2009, 04:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/shasha/lee-hobbit_04.jpg
<DIV align=center>________________________________

This is the large and desolate area located between Bree in the West and Rivendell in the East. Geographically speaking, it will be Eriador's largest area, but in terms of population this area is very small indeed, as there are no permanent dwellings here. Only the Rangers of the North, heirs of the Dúnedain of old, would consider this place a more-or-less permanent place of residence. They protect the innocent folk living in Bree-land and the Shire from danger, which can be found closer to home than those would like to imagine...

Nath Liathant - a constant and dedicated constant here in the Lone Lands - will be the first person you can come to for questions or suggestions involving this area, then the Eriador rulersMerl Moriestiel and Aigronding Mordagnir and Menollyaslast options.

What activities will be taking place here?

As the Lone Lands are largely empty, they will primarily be a place for travellers. Those of you who enjoy RP'ing in the wild can do so here. Additionally, RPG's may be organised here if they fit in this area geographically, and there will be activities centred around Aragorn's Dúnedain Rangers.

Wait! Did you say Rangers?

Yes. There will be activities meant mostly or solely for ranger characters. However, the rangers will not be like an army as we know them. Everyone will be free to create as manyrangercharacters as they wish toand usethem at any time of their choosing - there will be no compulsory training, no obligation to participate in activities, and not even a fixed command structure. Commanders for activities will, if needed, be chosen on the fly - and anyone who is wearing the SCR of Aragorn has the right to RP as Aragorn, chieftain of the Dúnedain, and will therefore be free to command other ranger characters as long as commands stay in line with how we know Aragorn. (For those among you of the evil persuasion, this means no ranger invasion of Bree. Sorry!)
Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Tenharien Calmcacil
03/Dec/2009, 08:33 PM
I do like this forum here. To be able to rp here in the wild is great. Many people love that and i am glad this was added. I will be up in this joint! All up in it!

Elennáro Mordagnir
03/Dec/2009, 08:49 PM
I'm glad to read that, Tenharien.smileys/smiley1.gif

Fingolfin of Hithlum
03/Dec/2009, 09:32 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Wow, this is all so confusing! But then again I'm glad to see the change and there is sooo much new stuff to do!

Karis Ziranphel
03/Dec/2009, 10:41 PM
Hmm..as much as I wouldn't want to leave Gondor, you may find strays over here.smileys/smiley22.gif

Sedril
04/Dec/2009, 02:34 AM
I'm glad Aragorn will still be around as a character, even if he's migrated. I will probably keep my home base in Minas Tirith, but I wish the best to our once and future King.smileys/smiley1.gif

Red Daghul
04/Dec/2009, 12:53 PM
This is awesome, though I wish the rangers were more of a army with more structure. If so I would most definitely see myself over here a lot.

Dinledhwen
04/Dec/2009, 04:03 PM
I'm happy to hear there will be no "training" threads to go through in order to become a Dúnedain andwe rangers are free to rp atour will here. That does the old creative muse good! http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Karis Ziranphel
05/Dec/2009, 02:27 AM
Once I get my brain sorted out (and manage to get a little homework done during the upcoming finals), I plan to bring Tirlyn Ithilphel </font>over here. She is a character I created long ago as a Northern Ranger, but it was very hard to play her in MT, and Ithilien is only accepting those of the south, so she fits here the best. Just giving y'all a heads-up.

Angelikus Snape
05/Dec/2009, 02:37 AM
This is Awesome to play a Dúnedain. I agree with Karis that you might find a lot of strays over here and I can't wait to try out Emora, my Dúnedain counterpart. I agree with Sedril as well that at least we would be still seeing the character of Aragorn up and about and I wish for the best to our once and future King of Gondor! smileys/smiley1.gif

LittlePeople
05/Dec/2009, 02:34 PM
I find myself making a travelling dwarf in the lonley mountains and Bree so i will be popping my head in here or setting up camp so if any pesky rangers need a spot of good ale its not going to come cheap.

Dinledhwen
05/Dec/2009, 05:11 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">*takes note of Karis' heads up*
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Elannáro or someone who does know ~ Will SCRs be awarded at the beginning of each month and is Aragorn's the only one for us?Edited by: Balian Alarion

Beren Camlost
05/Dec/2009, 10:34 PM
I finally posted, Elennaro http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif. Hope you like my ranger. Looking forward to cooperating with the others.

Angelikus Snape
06/Dec/2009, 06:19 AM
Me too! I hope you also like my Ranger even if she's female. http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Beren Camlost
06/Dec/2009, 02:09 PM
I enjoy lady knights and warrior maids in fantasy literature, Angel lass ; I think she's splendid http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif! Numenoreans were females, too, so lol I see nothing wrong with you being one of the Dunedain of the North.

Elennáro Mordagnir
06/Dec/2009, 02:12 PM
Balian - As things stand now, SCR's will be awarded at the beginning of the month if we see cause for giving them. Aragoron's not the only SCR that would belong in the Lone Lands, but also, SCR's are given by Eriador - not the Lone Lands. Work in this subforum might be rewarded with an SCR that would really belong in another one - this is to encourage a bit of looking around in the entire Region, but obviously we will try to fit the SCR to the person earning it - you won't get a hobbit if you're obviously not showing any interest in hobbity activities.

Dinledhwen
06/Dec/2009, 03:38 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Elennáro ~ Thank you for the info! I don't know why but the last part about trying to fit the SCR to the person reminded me of the scenes in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" movie in which the ship and occupants kept changing into all kinds of thingswhenever they needed to go somewhere fast. http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif

Eruvandë Tûrwethiel
06/Dec/2009, 07:26 PM
I've never RPed a Ranger before, so I might give that a go - but I do have a question. Could an elf be a Ranger? Or at least working with them? I thought Elladan and Elrohir did that, but I'm not sure and I'm away from all my books right now so can't check. I'd just feel pretty stupid if I made an elf walk in and start acting like a ranger when that would never have happened ... http://lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif

Fingolfin of Hithlum
06/Dec/2009, 10:28 PM
Same as Eruvande. I'd love to RP my elf with the rangers. I'm assuming Immy elves frequented in the lone lands if they were close with the rangers, am I right?

Fingolfin of Hithlum
06/Dec/2009, 11:14 PM
Alright I posted in there, but what happened to the dwarf? Someone should play him to make it not quite so akward. He could just kindly refuse our help and be on his way.

Dinledhwen
07/Dec/2009, 11:46 AM
Fingolfin ~ See my post below for more info on the missing dwarf.

As for elves with the rangers I don't see why not since it wouldn't be so far out of the realm of possibility in my humble opinion.Edited by: Balian Alarion

Beren Camlost
07/Dec/2009, 11:54 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I think was did was pretty smart, Bals.Edited by: Beren Camlost

Dinledhwen
07/Dec/2009, 12:39 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">All Role Playing Rangers ~ The wonderful plazarite behind the missing dwarf is LittlePeople. Apparently he is having trouble with his posts showing. Admins know about it and are working on it.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">In light of this new info I will send a PM to LP to see what he wants to do with his post.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Timeloop: I've sent the PM.Edited by: Balian Alarion

Angelikus Snape
07/Dec/2009, 01:01 PM
I guess I'll have to wait first as to how this thing would go before I post again.

Dinledhwen
07/Dec/2009, 01:16 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">I did not know of LP's problem until this morning. Apparently he is not the only experiencing this glitch.

Elennáro Mordagnir
07/Dec/2009, 03:55 PM
About elves and rangers: elves are not rangers. The rangers stem from the men of Arnor, and are therefore exclusively human. However, an elf character is free to work together with ranger characters if they feel like it - as I mentioned, the rangers are not a formal army. Threads may be opened where only ranger characters (or ranger characters and villain characters) are welcome, but this will be specified in the specific thread rules. In the "Paths of Eriador" thread, you are completely free to play an Elf if you so like, and to work together with the rangers.

Also, I have to ask you not to use this thread as an OOC thread, as it's in a 2 points earning forum. An OOC thread may be opened in the Eriador main forum if necessary, but I don't currently think it is - until then, please just white out your OOC comments.

Edited by: Elennáro Mordagnir

Fingolfin of Hithlum
07/Dec/2009, 05:31 PM
Oh alright sorry El. Thanks for the info on my elf though!

Dinledhwen
07/Dec/2009, 05:53 PM
Oooops! Sorry Elennáro for the OOC's! http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley13.gif

I was so in a hurry to get the info out about LittlePeople that I put it here without thinking.

Elennáro Mordagnir
07/Dec/2009, 06:52 PM
No problem, Fingolfin and Balian. I hadn't said so before, so you couldn't know really. Just keep it in mind in the future.smileys/smiley1.gif

Karis Ziranphel
10/Dec/2009, 07:08 PM
If I may make a suggestion...if you have a character in one of the Lone Lands threads, use a different one in the other (considering there are only two at the moment), at least until your story in the one is finished. Unlike in a pub, your character is in much more danger out in the wild lands, and it might not be smart to be entering a fight in two different threads with the same character - since if a character dies in one thread it is not allowed to remain alive in any other thread. This is plaza rules as I recall them.
This is a warning to those characters being brought into possible conflict with my Ranger character Tirlyn. She is a fighter that will not die or give in easily...and yet you have the same characters interacting with her as are interacting with other rangers leagues and leagues away in the other Lone Lands threads. Please remember time and place as well as story. 'Nough said.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
14/Dec/2009, 10:01 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Evening my fellow races of Middle Earth! I did have a question which is concerns my main IC character Hallas who is a full Northern dúnedain through his father’s family Pehwarin, and hismother’s side is of full dúnedain blood of its southern kin of Gondor. So I how to ask could he be considered as a Ranger of the North, due to being born in the former realm of Arnor in late 2994. My bio is an interesting read for those who love the history of Numenor, and its sucessor realms Arnor and Gondor.smileys/smiley19.gif

Menolly
15/Dec/2009, 10:54 PM
Hallas - I don't see why your character couldn't be a Ranger, but I am not as well versed in the Lore of Men and Elves as Elennaro. However, a better place for your question would be the new Roleplaying with Lore forum here (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=143&amp;title=roleplaying-with-lore), if you want to check with more knowledgeable lorists than myself.</font>

Karis Ziranphel
16/Dec/2009, 01:03 AM
Hallas- I will answer your question as a long-time Gondorian. You cannot have your character in two places/armies at once. You are now allowed to play different characters, but if you want to continue having Hallas in the Steward's Army you cannot also have him a Ranger of the North, even if his lineage is partially from the North. During the later part of the third age that we are now playing in, it was extremely rare for anyone to pass between the Realms. Boromir had a difficult time going to Rivendell (which has not happened yet according to our current timeline), and the roads were almost impassable. It is recorded that he lost his horse trying to cross the fords at the city that was once was Tharbad, as the bridge was in ruins and no one lived there anymore. It is not feasible to have much contact between the North and South, although shady characters did occasionally make the trek. - Unlike during the fourth age, there was not much contact, so you cannot play the same character in both places unless you have been sent by Lord Denethor or Lord Boromir to the North. Gondorians also did not have much contact with elves - Miruvor was also very rare, and was only given to Gandalf of the fellowship.

My suggestion is that you create another character for the Lone Lands to play a Ranger, whether Hallas' uncle or cousin, or some other character entirely.

*If your character was born in Arnor he would have stayed in Arnor rather than traveling to Gondor. The Rangers of the North generally stayed in the North, and the Men of Gondor did not, as a rule, travel in the Northern regions.*

Edited by: Karis Ziranphel

Hallas C. Pehwarin
16/Dec/2009, 08:31 AM
Thank you Karis for putting my mind at ease as to my main character will be staying in Gondor and I will create an NCP to filled that role in the north.http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Dinledhwen
16/Dec/2009, 11:52 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Karis ~ Actually you can have your character in two places if the places are in the same region. It all depends on the time line in each thread. I agree that Hallas should create a NPC to role play here.

Karis Ziranphel
16/Dec/2009, 12:44 PM
Balian - the point was that the regions are completely different and during the third age were very separate. It is more acceptable to be in more than one place in a region, but you would still write that you were traveling back and forth. For example, I could say that Karis traveled back and forth between MT and Dol Amroth, but not that she was in both armies and lived permanently in both cities - that would be a conflict of time and place as well as identity. As a Gondorian in particular, you would not be allowed to have the character that is in the Gondorian DA in another military structure at the same time. Other regions/kingdoms have and have had different rules, but since the character in question is in the DA, I felt it appropriate to answer from that standpoint.

Dinledhwen
16/Dec/2009, 02:42 PM
Karis ~ Yes your response was appropriate to a point. You made it sound like it was totally forbidden to role play your character in two places at once. All I was doing was clarifying that part. Nothing more. http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Hallas C. Pehwarin
16/Dec/2009, 11:50 PM
<DIV ="WebWizRTE" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Evening my fellow races of Middle Earth! I have created the NCP character of Hyarionwho isone of Hallas'scousinsand a Ranger of the North!Please feel free to read my post in Deadman's Dike formerly Fornost Erain, Norbury of the Kings.http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif
<DIV ="WebWizRTE" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Edited by: Hallas

Angelikus Snape
17/Dec/2009, 11:44 AM
Nice to meet you Hyarion! I am known as Emora in these parts! http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Hallas C. Pehwarin
21/Dec/2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you Emora for the warm welcome to these enchanting lands!*Hyarion gives his kin a small bow and takes her left hand giving it a gentle kiss with his pale red lips*

Ghalamir Blackadder
05/Jan/2010, 12:03 PM
Elennaro, Fingolfin and anyone else interacting with me in the Paths of Eriador RPG -
Are you guys still active in this story or did I miss a memo or something?
Just asking.

Lailyn
20/Jan/2010, 04:03 PM
Ghalamir, I'm not sure, I was looking to get involved but waiting for a little more action to occur before would step into a situation like that, but it seems everyone else has disappeared...</font>

Edited by: Lalaith

Elennáro Mordagnir
27/Jan/2010, 01:18 PM
Ghalamir, I'm so sorry for not notifying you. I had exams, and had put my RP'ing on hold. I won't be continuing with the Southron right now, because things seem to have moved on. I'm certainly willing to RP with you in another way though!

Elennáro Mordagnir
27/Jan/2010, 01:21 PM
Everyone - this thread was created to allow members to ask questions after the revamp. We feel it's been a while now, so I'm locking this thread. However, you can take any question you might have to the Eriador Help Centre - or to one of the rulers.</font>

Beren Camlost
03/Aug/2010, 04:39 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I'm re-opening this topic. If you have any questions, Naith will greet you and will answer them http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif. I hope you all enjoy this realm in the region ; things are looking greater than ever here.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">

Naith Liathant
03/Aug/2010, 05:08 AM
I'd like to quickly thank Aig and Rulers of Eriador for reopening the thread at this time.

When it was closed there was not much on offer in the Lone Lands - it was still developing.

Very graciously certain members and I have been permitted to expand what is on offer in the Lone Lands in the hopes of making it a more vibrant part of our community for those wishing to play Rangers of the North, the Dunedain, or for those wishing to travel in the region and join in some games.

With the launch of the Lone Lands Adventure Games and the introduction of Osdolen it is natural members may have questions pertaining to those. I am here to answer those questions and anything else you might wish to ask about concerning this part of Eriador.

Once again thanks to Aig and the Rulers, and also thanks to you, traveller! Without active members the site is nothing, and I look forward to assisting anyone of need.

Elrond edit : It's my pleasure ! And thank you and yours for developing the Lone Lands superbly - it has a bright, shinng future thanks to you and your crew, and the best is yet to come.Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Laielinwen
03/Aug/2010, 11:16 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Awww... Aig this is nice. You Rock Mr. Elf-Man!http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif
Naith, I'm happy for you and the others that have helped make this an active area.I know it makes you motivated to keep being active and creating. That is what the plaza needs.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" webwizrte="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>I didn't have much interaction with the ruler that Aig replaced, but I must say that the interactions I've had withMenoly,MerlandAighave been first rate. They are fantastic rulers and facilitators.http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif
<DIV>
<DIV>Elrond edit : Thank you for your sweet words, Laie http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif. It makes me feel more confident and reminds me that I must bedoing something right *g.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Pellaadarion
04/Aug/2010, 04:46 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Thanks Aig, the more places to ask questions the better I reckon!
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Elrond edit : You're welcome, Dirion ! I'm thinking of re-opening the one that was closed in Rivendell ; that way if anyone stops by Rivendell first instead of the Eriador Help Center, they could be helped right away with their questions or concerns that directly involve Imladris matters.Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Naith Liathant
17/Aug/2010, 03:04 PM
Although it has been around for quite some time, I am going to add the link to the self financed movie ' Born of Hope ' here in the interests of those who have not yet seen it. It truly is a quality piece of production, an hour or so long, and tells the story of Arathorn and Gilraen. I think it may prove an inspiration for roleplayers in the Lone Lands and I have linked a lot of members privately to it. It has come to my attention though that many who would have a keen interest in it have not seen it and may be unaware of it's existence. So you can stream it or download from the website :

http://www.bornofhope.com/ScreeningRoom.html

I hope you very much enjoy the movie / film and perhaps enough to support the work involved through the handy use of that paypal donations button!

I'm in no way affiliated with the production.

Firefly
22/Aug/2010, 03:49 PM
Honestly I'm very lost in this new plaza so the Lone(ly) Lands seemed like a fitting place tovisit. If I intrude on a private storyline in any threads, just let me know, ok?

Naith Liathant
22/Aug/2010, 04:50 PM
Greetings Alyxia, like hello and welcome and well met and so on. That one Charlotte uses in Charlotte's Web.

You are not alone in the sense of displacement, I for one left Minas Tirith for the first time since I joined the site in May of this year, having felt very much the same. I've enjoyed my few months in Eriador so far.

I know you under a different hat, of course, and always admired you as a member. I want you to know that you may invade any or all storylines and integrate here in the Lone Lands. If you have any questions on how any of the games work, or on how Osdolen works, I will be happy to assist.

Firefly
22/Aug/2010, 05:43 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Thank youNaith. The offer of assistance is very appreciated.

Oro
22/Aug/2010, 06:15 PM
Naith- Dont go trying to make Minas Tirith sound soo badsmileys/smiley31.gif

Welcome back, Alyxzia if there is anything you need just PM or IM me. and I am sure Aig, the ruler who represents LL as Elrond at the moment, would as well.
</font>

Beren Camlost
22/Aug/2010, 09:10 PM
Hello, Alyx. I'm not sure who you are most likely because of the name change but welcome to the Lone Lands. If you need any information, let me know, though I'm just beginning to get into the Lone Lands myself so Naith would be the one to go to ask anything about the LL. For the time being, I can readily answer anything about Rivendell.

Naith, I really need to know if you and your people are ready for the Host RP. I haven't heard from Dirion in days and it was supposed to start last week but I don't have him around to help me with prompts. Do you think you can RP Dirion's character til he comes back, in the RP ? If so, I can begin asap.

Naith Liathant
22/Aug/2010, 09:19 PM
Aig: Regarding Dirion, I can only say I would be extremely reticent to RP his character Aerondir. It is very unusual for him to be gone for a week without word, but in this case I have not had any contact with him either.

I know the RP was something he had deep passion for and was so keen to work on, that I would hate to impose myself on that. I firmly believe he will get in touch with you very soon. If we have heard nothing by midweek maybe we can come up with an alternate plan - I have remained very much out of the loop on the storyline intentionally since I prefer the element of surprise and the unknown in games I have no part in GMing.

In the meantime I have been working on some new ideas for LL and on the story for Osdolen with my band 'The Flight of Ravens.' Also I've been participating in the Forsaken Inn and Paths of Eriador, with my character for the impending RP just a few hours journey from the Inn, with Eirien.

Beren Camlost
22/Aug/2010, 09:33 PM
Thank you, Naith...we'll wait then. We'll wait to the Sunday coming out, is that okay ? I will remain patient ; if we haven't heard from by late-Sunday, then we'll think of an alternate plan to use http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif. I look forward to what will happen in Osdolen, I'm still RP'ing there ; I'm hitting a posting spree today that will carry through tomorrow and that's one of the spots I'll be hitting. And I've been reading Paths and enjoying, I'll need to go back to the Inn and see what's happening with the Falconer and the others. I've spoken toLaie and she thinks I could beginthe Host of the Eldar off- I could have them helping out a HotE fort - and we'll just wait forDirion to come back so the Dunedaincan reunite. We'll meet each other halfway, meet for the first time in the wilderness close to the citadel.What do you think ?

And Oro - if there's anything she needs to know about the Lone Lands, Naith will take care of it. *Points to the OP*. Naith, myself, or Merl and Menolly.Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Naith Liathant
22/Aug/2010, 09:49 PM
Aig: I think that is ample time for Dirion and I hope he is back with us sooner than that. Interim activity that can be linked to the start of what you've planned with him gets a thumbs up from me, especially if the Host is chomping at the bit.

Beren Camlost
22/Aug/2010, 10:06 PM
Okay, my friend, late-Sunday it is then. I'll create the RPG this week but only have the Host do their part ; the Dunedain will enter once Dirion is back and you all can reunite and get into the mountains. Once I see you're there I will wrap up whatever we are doing as fast as i can so we can meet close near our fortress. Haha, a few people have been asking about it. And no worries, Naith, I know you have a lot of leadership duties to take care of and threadrunning Carts as well - Dirion and I will take care of the RP and you can enjoy the fun to be had and the thrill of mystery as oneof the participantsand I'll be quite about the doings-of the story as of now *ghttp://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif

Dhal
03/Sep/2010, 04:29 AM
Naith!!! Where's my tree mate!? *coughs* and greetings from me as well

Beren Camlost
03/Sep/2010, 08:43 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Naith, Dirion has PM'ed me...and says that he's "effectively done on the plaza." I'm not sure if he told you the sad newsas well, so I'm posting about it here.I'll have to carry the plot myself then for the Alliance RPG. I'llbe playing Dirion's character to complete the RP and get the prsent Dunedain onboard so be looking for my post.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I will start RP'ing as Aerondir today at the Forsaken Inn ; eventually me and Suro ( Turin ) will leave the Inn ( possibly with Thalgar if Eirien would like ) and will eventually meet Malvagor and Eirien in Paths of Eriador. Eventually we'll make it to the Alliance RPG, as soon as the Host Elves get by Imladris after that battle at Trollshaws. We'llbe getting the other Northern Rangers to post as well during the activity I am hopeing. And there's an idea I need to discuss with you via PM, so be on the look-out for that ; it also deals with the Host and Dunedain http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif.Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Taranuen
03/Sep/2010, 10:01 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">I see. Nothing left to say then, I suppose. Say where's the image of a broken heart, I think it's missing from our smilie collection.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">But yeah, Aig, I'll give a thought to the extent I want to RP Thelgar in this story. Eirien will be there, though.

Beren Camlost
03/Sep/2010, 10:07 PM
My heart is, too, Eirien, though I'm sure not as much as yours and Naith's http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gif. I promise to do Aerondir honor. I vow it. Thank you for still wanting to participate despite this new tragic development, Eirien. *Hugs* http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif

Laielinwen
03/Sep/2010, 10:40 PM
Gah! This is terrible news. I'm not sure I understand it. Hopefully, Dirion will change his mind and return at some point! He must have his reasons for this decision. About the rpg, I'm sure Naith can speak for himself regarding his plans, but I know he had told me that his character would be arriving at the Inn to join up with the numerous peeps that have characters there before embarking on the large joint rpg. He has rehearsal with the band he sings with tonight, but should be back here in an hour or so. I'll poke him this way if I see him first.</font>

Naith Liathant
04/Sep/2010, 02:23 AM
Greetings Severinus! Long time! I remember your quality in Swan Knights and hope you decide to play with us in Lone Lands a bit. Of course MT needs it's quality members too, but you'll be welcome here. * Hides the chainsaw *

Aig: In light of the recent development, and some what final nature of the e mail I received from Dirion, I have a proposition I will give to you in IM. We definitely ndeed to talk. With Dirion and Pell running a lot here in terms of GMing and story arcs, I effectively strolled about a bit elsewhere - then had this tragedy with my parents and have been extremely distracted and busy. But this changes things. I'll have to take a back step from matters outside of Lone Lands and dedicate myself to sorting this out.

Firstly I will take my character to the Forsaken Inn and write Aerondir out of the campaign story. I have a means to do this. Also a means to use it as a hook to make Malvagor the new band leader for the interim - enabling us to journey and meet the Host.

All others in the Forsaken Inn, if you are not currently in a band, please join Mal when he asks for aid and become members of the Northern Remnant. We'll then make it a Lone Lands focus to make that band work. When Scott gets busy again, hopefully we can look to extending that and I know Fane and a few others have ideas about bands.

Beren Camlost
04/Sep/2010, 05:42 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Sounds great, Naith ! I'll be watching for your posts in the Forsaken Inn and the Paths of Eriador. I'll also be looking for your IM. I'll wait for your IM then instead of PM'ing you with what I need to say, too ; we'll have ourselves a great, productive chat http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif. And I am saddened to hear of this tragedy, my friend ; my sincerest condolences.

Beren Camlost
25/Sep/2010, 08:27 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Naith, I've run into a problem and I think you can help me with it, friend.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">The Caras-ned-i-Fern RPG HERE (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=238805) has just lost its GM ; Fane needs to give his attention to the University work and so can't be around that much at all, he feels, he told me yesterday in two threads of mine. So I'll be taking the helm as GM. But the RPG has already lost two of its RP'ers because of RL - Aerlinn and Alcar Mordagnir - and now its lost Fane as one ; so that only leaves me and Aikari to RP.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Basically, the RPG is about a team of elves dispatched by Lord Elrond from Rivendell to the ruins of the elf nation of Eregion near the Misty Mountains. Elrond was notified of mortal treasure-seekers entering the ruins to loot the place of the treasures of the dead. He believes also that the sword of Celebrimbor - one he had made called Alqcarinquë whose gem shines with the captured light of the Glorious star - is the prime relic that the treasure hunters want and Lord Elrond wants that artifact liberated from the ruins the most, returned to Rivendell. No one knows though that the treasure hunters are the servants of Saruman the White, the jackdaw of Isengard. It is known in the Unfinished Tales that King Elessar ordered the investigation of Isengard after the events of Return of the King and discovered that Saruman's people had been stealing relics from the old days for Saruman. These servants are doing just that in the RPG and they want that sword. Also Orc from the closeby mountains will be causing the party some trouble.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">I was hoping - to bolster activity and to finish the RPG - that the Dunedain can be involved. That they would have discovered the place being looted and - being friends of the elves of Rivendell - would want to stop these people from stealing from the dead. I was thinking that the elves could meet the Dunedain in the city ruins or inbound.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Could you rally support like you are doing now for the Alliance RPG ? I know you have a bit on your plate, Naith, but I must ask because I'll be honest with you - seeing the poor turn-out for this RPG, I don't think it can survive and especially without the Dunedain. Your people have the numbers to help keep the RPG active andthe presence of such characters would make the story of this RPGeven better It's okay if it's a no, I would understand, mate. If it is, do you think I could rally Dunedain support and lead the band as a Ranger character ? If you like to be onboard with this, I can give you the gameplan of the RPG so you can look it over and tweak it if necessary. Once again, though, thank you for helping me with the Alliance RPG and I look forward to the future Dunedain involvement with the Host that we've discussed http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif

Naith Liathant
08/Oct/2010, 01:06 PM
Right then! Call to arms!

Anyone in Lone Lands or visiting should sign up in here to join a temporary band. I'll lead it myself or appoint a leader from among the sign ups and play a regular band member myself.

If the players want to keep the band after the RPG with Aig and the Elves or Aikari is done, then bring the characters to Osdolen. For now though let's make it a one off war-band for this RPG.

So I'll kick this off: Naith Liathant signed up!

Moriel
08/Oct/2010, 06:00 PM
Naith-</font> for the purposes of this RP it's assumed that these characters are already 'enlisted' per se as rangers, correct? And it's just for continuities sake that we'd bring the chars to Osdolen afterwards if we want to keep the band?

I am playing all the villains in Alliance, but I think I can manage a good guy as well. Unless you're rallying this band for Caras-ned-i-Fern, in which case there should be no issue at all. </font>Either way, sign me upsmileys/smiley2.gif </font>

Also- should we be looking for an update to Ravens of Rhudaur anytime soon? Not trying to nag, I'm just looking forward to it!
</font>

Naith Liathant
08/Oct/2010, 07:45 PM
Moriel, you are right on all counts! It is indeed a temporary ' let's pretend they are all already enlisted' scenario and if we as a group want to continue them afterward then we'll officially do that in Osdolen. After that the band chief will be GM for the band.

This one is for the Caras-ned-i-Fern RP. If you want a character to interact with the alliance, you'll need to arrive at the Forsaken Inn pretty promptly and find Malvagor. Shouldn't be hard, he's a big fella.

I feel pretty tragic about Wildmen and Ravens, I am going to get them done soon, quite likely this weekend, and hopefully even tomorrow. I really wanted to - well nevermind! Ravens of Rhudaur was one I had a lot of cool ideas for is all...

Moriel
08/Oct/2010, 08:41 PM
I think as far as Dúnedain go I will stick with Caras-ned-i-Fern then, and just wield evil in Alliance lol, it'll be less complicated that way and you've already got a nice sized group there.</font>

Gwaeros
08/Oct/2010, 09:14 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I do believe I shall sign up my rangerhttp://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif. When do we start? *grins eagerly*Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Beren Camlost
08/Oct/2010, 09:23 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">This is excellent ! I posted back to you in the Caras ooc, Naith. I'm going to be creating a ghostlink for theRPG itself to appear in Rivendell and the Lone Lands. I also would like to take this opportunity to explain something that you and the other Rangers might have been wondering for a while. If you recall, I had Alliance appearing in the Lone Lands. Because - to me - it made sense because Rivendell it's the elf kingdom on the plaza that gets the most activity and because, well, the blooming partnership with the Dunedain and because we're in Eriador. It was movedto Lothlorien. And moved back here by me. And back and forth forth for a while. Until finally it just showed between Rivendell and Lorien. The reason for this, I was told behind-the-scenes, is because Lorien always gets ghostlinked Host of the Eldar threads. Something we were never clear on before. I've tried to explain the reasoning for it to appear in the Lone Lands and Rivendell but though I amthe ElrondRuler now, I am still Aigronding Mordagnir who's the High Captain of the Lords and Lady of Elvendom....who I have to listen to. So my apologies about that.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">But since Caras-ned-i-Firn is not a Host RPG (though there is fighting during it), I can ghostlink it between Rivvy and the Lone Lands.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Also, the Blackwolds. Should we have them be the seekers that are stealing loot out of Eregion for Saruman ? Or should I invent a new gang - and I'll let you use them any time you like, Naith, in the future.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">That's right, Moriel - you can have your Ranger in Caras (and play Saruman's treasure-seekers and the Orc we'll tango with) and deal death in Alliance (werewolves, Eastern cultists, and Blackwolds ; I'm sorry though, you can't have Saruman ; that'll be Firimar *g. Well, maybe, I still need to speak to her about it ; if she declines, I'll just get Pellaedarion to do it, or play himmyself).
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Oh, Gwaeros, I accidentally posted my thanks for you for joining in your post in an edit along with the list below accidentally and removed it ; I don't know how I did that http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif. You can check the OOC thread in the Eriador main page about how to start though I would like to hear Naith's opinion first ; keep your eye on that.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Caras Band :
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Naith
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Moriel
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">GwaerosEdited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Naith Liathant
09/Oct/2010, 06:32 PM
We'll play in wherever it is going to be, Aig, no skin off mine. I'll work out the quickest and smoothest transition in for us. Probably start Monday or Tuesday and keep this sign up open.

Moriel & Gwaeros: I don't mind being the chief of this band, and I know Moriel's character plan for it and that's seeded. So Gwaeros you can have the option of being the chief if you like and I'll play the right hand so to speak. Up to you what you are comfortable with.

Could be other options come up with possible sign ups between now and when we begin and no reason why we can't add more bodies to it as we go, and simply reference nameless rangers as we move that players can take up as the RPG progresses.

Once again, all Lone Landers who see this, or anyone of interest in playing a ranger for it, direct others here / PM people who you think might be keen. Cheers.

Gwaeros
09/Oct/2010, 06:38 PM
I'm happy for you to be the chief and my characterto just be another ranger; seeing as I'm relatively new here I'd rather have a supporting role.http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Tolkus
09/Oct/2010, 07:57 PM
I got a NPC ranger I'd like to sign up if that's okay.

Naith Liathant
09/Oct/2010, 08:47 PM
Fantastic news to me, Tolkus! Welcome on board for this one! Again if you know anyone who might also be interested the more the merrier so to speak. Drop 'em PMs if you don't have 'em in messenger.

Caras Band - The Eyes in the East :
Naith
Moriel
Gwaeros
Tolkus

Naith Liathant
27/Oct/2010, 10:05 PM
I see a few of you are already involved in this, I have a character prepared now and will join in with Moriel a.s.a.p - Just got to talk to her and iron out some plot ideas. Thanks for being so keen!

Ēarendel
27/Nov/2010, 03:23 PM
Hello all,

I have not yet acquired enough points to join a kingdom, but I would be most interested in becoming active here.
Are there places in which I am free to RP even though I'm a 'new soul'? How should I best get involved?

Halwyn
28/Nov/2010, 11:46 PM
Hi Earendel,

Welcome from another in the same boatsmileys/smiley4.gifHopefully the 'New Soul' thing doesn't matter - after all, if we don't post how are we to earn those all-important 20 points? *is working on that one*
Anyway, I just wanted to say that if the current threads turn out not to be open you're welcome to join me in posting at the Forsaken Inn in a day or two. Unfortunately I'm good with words but not always so good with ideas, but I'm sure we can come up with something to do!

Naith Liathant
04/Dec/2010, 03:35 AM
Earendel and Halwyn: My apologies to you both, for it has been a few days without response. I know that is poor form and I shall hope not form soon to be repeated.

First of all let me extend a warm welcome to you both. The plaza is a wonderful place to write and make new friends, globally.

You are free to roleplay anywhere on the site as long as you adhere to the thread rules which are posted - generally - in the OP or Opening Post. What we might also call the introduction.

In Lone Lands specifically, there is an RP for a Ranger Band in Paths of Eriador that might prove a challenge for you to become involved in. That said with a Dunedain character or adventurer type, you could always be happened across and included. My character there is Malvagor.

The Forsaken Inn welcomes all, it is a pub for the purposes of roleplaying, meet and greets, and the exploration of story arcs.

Osdolen is the place to bring in a new Ranger. It has been quiet for a time given it lacks for the stalwart stewardship of Pellaadarion who has taken an extended sabbatical. We hope he will rejoin us soon. That said my character The Falconer will be taking up that position and on hand soon. He will arrive there with Gwaeros shortly.

Deadman's Dike or Fornost, and Amon Sul, are both free roleplaying areas, where members can roleplay as they wish within those sites. Paths of Eriador is not the sole domain of RPG's here in Lone Lands, but it is the place to go to roam throughout the whole of Eriador with your own stories, tell backstories, or take your own bands in the future. It also is like to have one or more on going group RP's at any one time. You will see that most people bold the header at the start of their posts so you know which game their writing pertains to.

Wildmen is a game you can join in, that I will restart as soon as I can get organised on it again. Let me know of your interest in that in here, if you are of a mind to join in and try it out.

Edited by: Naith Liathant

Taranuen
07/Dec/2010, 09:43 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Let's dance, because Pell posted!
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Taranuen/bunny3-1.gif
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">(come along Pell!)

Naith Liathant
07/Dec/2010, 09:58 PM
I was only just talking about him the other day and his extended sabbatical! It was great to see him and talk to him briefly. He will be for now playing in the Flight of Ravens RPG in Deadman's Dike only, but I hope he gets the bug back and plays across Eriador.

Other members are welcome to join the Flight of Ravens at this stage as though they have been a member of the band since they formed in Osdolen.

Taranuen
07/Dec/2010, 10:18 PM
I'll sign up for Osdolen if I get to RP with Domhall.No pressure on Pell.

Naith Liathant
07/Dec/2010, 11:06 PM
That RP is in Deadman's Dike. It is called Flight of Ravens. The band formed in Osdolen but the RP moves them out and begins their first mission. You can join as if your character was in Osdolen and joined the band before it set out.

Naith Liathant
18/Dec/2010, 07:26 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all plaza members and those who venture into Lone Lands specifically! This is an informational to let you know I have travelled to Germany as of Wednesday night, and am leaving for Georgia shortly. After that I expect I will do some posting and the like, but obviously won't have the kind of time I usually apply until the New Year. I look forward to a grand 2011, and hopefully to meeting a few more of you in person. Thank you all to your contribution to the Lone Lands experience. Best wishes to you all.

Tolkus
18/Dec/2010, 05:12 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Merry Christmas to you to Naith a Master RP'er. I'm over in Alabama along the Georgia boarder,drop me a line and we'll see if we can meet. And to all in the Lone Lands Happy Hollidays!!! Have a drink on me at the Prancing Pony.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
01/Jan/2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks my good friend and comrade Tolkus I definitely will have a pint of ale on you! Naith whenever you a chance can we discuss the upcoming RPG with me, since I am the new leader of the Watchers of Sarn Ford . To everyone within the Lone Lands I extend a Happy New Years Eve and Day as we celebrate January 1, 2011!smileys/smiley14.gif

Beren Camlost
01/Jan/2011, 05:19 AM
</font>Happy New Years, Rangers !</font>
</font>http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/fireworks-1.jpg
</font>
</font>
</font>

Beren Camlost
04/Jan/2011, 09:19 AM
</font>Everyone, it's RP'ing tribute time ! I have tributed all of you for your involvement from August 13th til yesterday. See the Tribute Board thread to see what you got. Thank you for your contributionshttp://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif</font></font>

Naith Liathant
04/Jan/2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks very much, Aig! I'll keep them shinies in my pouch. Happy New Year to you as well, sir. Best wishes to all Plaza Members and especially to Lone Landers!

Naith Liathant
29/Jan/2011, 07:01 PM
Quick update: I'll be getting back in here over the next few days to RP and so on. My apologies if you are one of those 'kept waiting' - personal problems have weighed me down of late, of a financial nature that have necessitated 100% focus on them. That's life sometimes, it happens. Hopefully you all won't hold it against me, else I'll have to set Mal on ye!

Tolkus
29/Jan/2011, 07:04 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Glad to see you back and I do understnad those problems too well. No need to sick Mal on anyone... yet... Hope you enjoy finding the "New" things in the Lone Lands.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">&lt;edit&gt; if I could spell I wouldn't need to edit so much..Edited by: Tolkus

Beren Camlost
29/Jan/2011, 07:47 PM
Excellent to see you start RP'ing again, Naith ! And I'm saddened to hear that RL has been so unkind lately. I look forward to watching you swing back into action, comradesmileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif. And especially as Mal. It's getting close now to the switch-over to Alliance, so very excited.</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
29/Jan/2011, 08:00 PM
Indeed gladdens my heart and mind to see you back Naith!smileys/smiley4.gif I have been busy preparing an opening draft for the Watchers of Sarn Ford with help from Aig and Merl and will be posting it after hearing your comments in the PM I'm sending to you here shortly.smileys/smiley2.gif

Beren Camlost
29/Jan/2011, 08:04 PM
Aye, but remember it won't be a thread. That you'll be using the free ones like Paths of Eriador since no band has its own thead. And remember as you go on with it what enemies you'd be facing in that area of Eriadorsmileys/smiley4.gif.

Oh, I saw your note about the Watchers at the end of your latest post in Paths. They would be good to have on our side when we get helping out the Shire at the end of Alliance. Once after Halhigle and Aerondir are rescued at Deadman's Dike within the RPG and we head southwards to assist the Shire with the Blackwold threat, we could get the Watchers on our side. Somehow we'll collect them at that point smileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley11.gif but within Alliance itself. We won't be doing any thread-hopping once after our job is done in Paths.
</font>

Moriel
29/Jan/2011, 08:31 PM
Naith</font>, welcome backsmileys/smiley2.gif</font>

Taranuen
29/Jan/2011, 11:19 PM
<DIV align=justify>She returns to say goodbye. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<DIV align=justify>Life is such and such is life. We move on for different reasons and mine are what they are. I am leaving the Plaza with this note and I have good hopes that this decision will bring me good things.

<DIV align=justify>Aig - you’re doing wonderfully as a Ruler and I hope you’ll continue in the job for a long time. I’m painfully aware of how I only just promised you a good return, to do what it takes to regain a firm footing in the Lone Lands. I can only hope that you’ll forgive me the disappointment. Maybe not today, but... maybe in one of the many tomorrows. Keep your head in the clouds, will you, but remember there’s the ground for your feet too - okay? I’m sorry. I wish you all the best.

<DIV align=justify>I know this is sudden and comes unexpectedly. It’s sudden to me as well. Fair to note that my decision to leave this place has nothing to do with the place itself, or any of the members. It has everything to do with life outside Plaza, though, and as that I won’t explain my reasons. All I’ll say is... I must do this, and all is well. All is well. And such is life.

<DIV align=justify>Thank you all, you’re quite unmatched in your specialness. Thank you for everything and for all this time. Take care, take good care... of both yourselves and the amazing Lone Lands. http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gifI apologize and fare thee well, each one of you with a special thought.

<DIV align=center>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Taranuen/heartballo&#111;nplz.gif

Pele Alarion
29/Jan/2011, 11:28 PM
Tara.smileys/smiley10.gif and &lt;huggles-smiley&gt;.

I'm really sad to see you leaving, because... I'm just so used to seeing you around here. But as they say - life must come first. But do take care and I'll keep stalking you to see that you are doing well... *hugs some more*

Just know that you are very, very special to me and thanks for the time we've had together on the plaza.

I do still hope that one day you might return, but who knows... smileys/smiley2.gif

Moriel
29/Jan/2011, 11:51 PM
Tara</font>, it can hardly be said that we know each other, but still I am sad to see you go. It's always unfortunate when a bright light goes out, whatever the reasons. All the best to yousmileys/smiley10.gif</font>

Karis Ziranphel
30/Jan/2011, 01:51 AM
Tara - I'm sad to see you go since you are one of the writers I look up to around here, and I will miss seeing you around, but I wish you all the best in real life. I understand the demands life can make, and hope things do continue to go well for you and that this is a move for the best. Blessings in the days ahead, and know you can always catch me on msn if you ever want to chat.smileys/smiley10.gif

Leanan Sídhe
30/Jan/2011, 01:58 AM
Tara</font> - What must be, must be, but, as has been said, life comes first. I will certainly miss your entertaining and inspiring posts around here, and I wish you the best and all the hopes and joys for the future. Take care.smileys/smiley10.gif</font>

Naith Liathant
30/Jan/2011, 02:11 AM
Tara - That smells of fish, so I hope you reconsider when life allows it.

Maldir Ethring
30/Jan/2011, 03:03 AM
You know who your true friends are and you know where to find them Tara, my door will always be open for you if you ever need someone to talk to my dear friend. Take care of yourself and your family...may the wind always be at your back Blue Flutterbye.

Beren Camlost
30/Jan/2011, 06:34 AM
We will miss you, Tara ; you're a sweet and intelligent leader, a good friend. I hope that we will still be able to speak via IM from time to timesmileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley10.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif.

Naith, Tara's absence could affect Alliance ; Eirien is a major character. Will, you be carrying her in addition to your Malvagor or will the character go the way of Aerondir ?

Naith Liathant
30/Jan/2011, 09:25 PM
I'm still in a state of shock about Tara, so I don't know right now Aig.

Pellaadarion
30/Jan/2011, 10:12 PM
Tara - For many months now real life has come between us and our writing. Although our circumstances may not be the same, the result is similar; less time for our characters! Hopefully you can, in time, return and once again you can translate your amazing visions into text.

Aig - Sorry to hear this affects your RPG. However, the Calling has shown there are more than enough rangers to run a successful RPG within the Lone Lands, even if the story itself has to change to fit the players!

Beren Camlost
30/Jan/2011, 10:43 PM
Yes, that is true, Pell ; we'll find someway to still continue Alliance and defeat the Blackwold thread together. Even if the story itself has to change to fit the playerssmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif. I'm glad of the team we have in the LL.

We'll find a way, Naith smileys/smiley11.gif</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
31/Jan/2011, 05:56 PM
Ah it saddens beating heart to see such a wise, good friend such as Tara have to leave all of us here on the plaza. I know that I too will miss your insight into many threads that you have a had a hand in helping to create and flourish throughout the plaza. Maybe some day soon you will be able to come back and grace us all with your charm, understanding, and thoughtful insight that is the world of Middle Earth. My wishes and the very best to you in RL and that all things will again someday become dreams to be fulfilled in our hearts and our minds.smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley10.gif

Finduilas Faelivrin
31/Jan/2011, 08:06 PM
Tarasmileys/smiley7.gif So sorry to hear you make this decision. It sounds so FINAL. We've shared so so many great times wandering Middle-earth together - goodness knows I've got so many binders FULL of double-sided 9 point pages!!! We'll always have all of those characters in our hearts to go back to read over and over. They're still there - waiting to be revived to carry on one day. Maybe when we're old ladies in our rocking chairs, sitting on the edge of a lake, eating salmon under the birch trees, we can start them up again. Or maybe it'll take rowing out in a boat together with our papers on our knees to write and talk amongst the water lilies. Sigh.

</font>I may have stopped writing RPG's for now (due to work &amp; other things out here in RL), but I'm not ready to leave the Plaza just yet. One of these days I'll start writing again, but for now people will just have to put up with my sad attempts at art over in COLP. smileys/smiley2.gif</font>

Edited by: Finduilas Faelivrin

Naith Liathant
18/Feb/2011, 01:35 AM
If anyone in Lone Lands, or seeing this, wishes to bolster the numbers in Wildmen of the Weather Hills, have a jaunt over to that game thread and join in by picking a compass bearing.

Due to a number of personal setbacks, for me, and for other players, the numbers have severely dropped with many current players inactive.

Rather than abandoning the game for the two or three still in it, I am perfectly open to new players setting out. Thanks and I hope a few of you jump in. After the weekend it will start to be regularly updated, perhaps as much as once or twice every 24 hour period, pending player participation.

Thanks all!Edited by: Naith Liathant

Tolkus
18/Feb/2011, 02:48 PM
@ Naith, I'd like to join the Wildmen adventure, do I just post a direction I'm entering and wait for a promt from you?

Naith Liathant
18/Feb/2011, 02:54 PM
If you take a look at the main thread you'll see that is the case, and yet after that, you have to include that bar of information involving shields, swords and endurance and will etcetera. Those are all vital aspects of record keeping in the game but as GM I will assist you 100% on it, and after a time you will find it second nature.

After you have picked your direction, you will receive your first prompt, yes, and that will happen probably as late as Monday. After that it will be back in full swing. The first game went smoothly, but this one has stalled because of my time away. Something had to fall to the wayside and sadly it was Wildmen, which is a time consuming game. Then there was the issue of missing maps ( later to be found in an unlikely location by chance ). Also absent players now. I really want to finish the game though for those who may still want to continue, but want fresh players too, the game was at an early stage, so really new players are at no disadvantage. Thank you, Tolkus, for your willingness to give it a try!

Raven
18/Feb/2011, 03:22 PM
Naith, I for one am looking forward to Wildmen of the Weather Hills getting back on its feet! Fog on the Barrow Downs was one of my favourite-ever Plaza games, so I can't wait to start playing again.</font>

Naith Liathant
18/Feb/2011, 03:46 PM
Ah fantastic! That really is quite a relief Raven since I had read about your liking Fog a great deal in an Eriador Q&A somewhere. This time it will play out, since I have everything together again, in life and on the plaza.

Naith Liathant
16/Mar/2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry for the slow update on Wildmen! Won't let it happen again ( yeah yeah I know... ).

Beren Camlost
16/Mar/2011, 07:52 PM
It's okay, Naith, we know that you SL priorities, too smileys/smiley11.gif. Looking forward to your update !</font>

Naith Liathant
18/Mar/2011, 01:47 AM
Thanks Aig, it's not just been the SL stuff you see me up to, but it's been a mix of personal stuff too - culminating in the gig Friday night, twenty-seven new songs is no mean feat!

Tolkus
19/Mar/2011, 04:06 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Naith, 27 songs could be easy if you cover my last band, 3 chords and one verse repeted and one chours repeated for most of the songs. http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif

Naith Liathant
19/Mar/2011, 09:33 PM
LOL, no this is all kinds of stuff mate. Very varied and pretty difficult.

tear2
01/Aug/2011, 04:59 PM
hi,through this place for go to est in rivendell place

Beren Camlost
01/Aug/2011, 05:07 PM
Hello, Tear, and welcome to the Plaza ! Rivendell can be approached several ways ; through the Lone lands is just one route, yessmileys/smiley10.gif. Rivendell is well hidden in the moorlands and foothills of the Misty Mountains but anyone good of heart who stumble upon Imladris or are guided by the elves or Rangers there are welcome and will be met kindly in the Last Homely House.</font> If you have any questions you can PM me - a Co-ruler of Eriador - or Menolly or Merl if you like and we'll answer to the best of our ability.</font> smileys/smiley11.gif