PDA

View Full Version : Let us crush a cup of ALE!

Queen Nerwen
02/Dec/2009, 10:19 AM
The Open Air Pub</font>

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/BlackLilyPois&#111;n/Graphics/orz.jpg

</font>Though many of the halls of Erebor are still in a sorry state after the assault of Smaug, there is one thing the dwarves cannot live without! Having reestablished the Mountain as their own, the first thing to be commissioned by the King was a Pub and that is where you find yourself now. Amongst the rubble and destruction, several inventive dwarves have cleared a space and set up a bar serving some age old drinks!
</font><ul><li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: black;" border="0" target="_blank">Telperion Mist</span>
</span>An old favorite of the dwarves, rediscovered and brought back to us! Drink at your own risk! </span></font>
<li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: black;" border="0" target="_blank">The Pippy</span>
</span>A way to get drunk twice as fast and with an extra kick. </span></font>
<li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: black;" border="0" target="_blank">Orc Bite</span>
</span>Created to give dwarves the courage to face a horde of orcs wearing nothing but towels and armed with nothing but feathers. </span></font>
<li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: black;" border="0" target="_blank">Dungeons Doom</span>
</span></font>Created by a dungeon master long ago from a mixture of drinks he had collected over the years.</span></span> </font>
[/list]As the Mountain is undergoing repairs, this is an open air pub right in the centre of Erebor. Dwarves wander through constantly, grabbing a pint on their way to the mines where the real work is being done!
</font>
Rules!

</font>Positions for bartenders are open! Mention it in bold in your post
IC only, OOC to be whited out!
No spamming
Have fun!</font>

Drifa
04/Dec/2009, 09:30 AM
Drifa sat by a barrel of Orc Bite, mug in hand, softly humming to herself. A tired but content grin was on her face. She had found the pub with no problem. It was right there in the open air smack dab in the middle of Erebor, barrels stacked together, mugs about. Who could miss it. Having found a mug, she tapped one of the barrels and went at it. She sighed happily taking a sip of ale. There was still a lot of work to be done, but for now she was just happy to rested her head on a barrel, drink more ale, and relax.

Edited by: Drifa

Hermod
04/Dec/2009, 12:30 PM
Work and play. Work and play. It was always a hard balance to keep but after a hard day swork, it was definately time for play so far as Hermod was concerned. Nodding to Drift as he arrived he found himself a mug that looked vaguely clean (having left his drinking horn somewhere he hoped was safe) and glanced along the collection of barrels. It took him a few moments but eventually he decided on a Mist. He spiled the first barrel and then left it a moment or two before tapping it and aquiring his drink. Turning back to the other dwarf it took him only a moment to work out what she was having. "Hermod at your service," he openned with, then tilted his head slightly and asked, "is that a local favourite around here? I have hardly seen it elsewhere and yet here everyone drinks it."

God
05/Dec/2009, 01:12 AM
Meat and mead.

And while his plans to establish his own butcher and brewer were on the board,Ibun could still enjoy the labor's of another man's work. But, he hoped before long, his own ales would be on tap. "You know, after years of those Iron Hills, I can safely say that I finally feel at home here!" he announced to no one in particular as he hoisted his tankard.

It had been some time since the Quest now, and he was hoping to have gotten to and opened a business sooner - but he got caught up in the whole procrastionation/laziness/lack of motivation thing and had spent more time than he intended cracking and carting rocks out of the depths. But finally the plans were in motion and the Dwarven colony under the mountain was beginning to really flourish again with the revitalization of the human towns in the area too.

Anteor
05/Dec/2009, 04:47 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Savouring the atmosphere prevelent within the Mountain and the hustle and bustle of dwarven civilisation was top of Anteor's list of priorities. The dwarves were known for both their masonry and their ale and it was the latter which Anteor intended to sample. His time in Lorien and subsequent travels through distant lands had enchanced his knolwedge and appreciation of beer which he was keen to to put to good use as a bartender in the newest inn under the Mountain. Whilst he waited for the manager, he decided to give himself a bit of dwarven courage and ordered his favourite drink. As he sat with a pint of Pippy, gladly appreciating the warmth filling his insides as the ale coaraed through his veigns, Anteor began to ponder how he ought to apply.

Helekwen
06/Dec/2009, 03:01 PM
NPC Merin Deerheart

Her footsteps echoed through the air, mingling with the merry sound of voices as she approached the bar eagerly. After a long day's work, a good pint of ale was exactly what she needed. The advertisement for bartenders was a second big attraction. The Dwarves might have recovered the Lonely Mountain at long last, but for Merin Deerheart at least, prosperity was still a long way off. The Dwarfette needed every coin she could get. Her money pouch felt painfully light as she rifled through it, searching for the right money to treat herself to a pint of Orc Bite. It was a luxury she could ill afford, yet she felt she deserved it. It had been a long day. Sighing with relief as she took the first long swig of her drink, Merin managed to forget her monetary worries for the briefest second as she closed her eyes and just let the taste of the beverage overwhelm her. But reality returned to haunt her only too soon, and the Dwarfette glanced around the bar in search of a distraction- someone to converse with, perhaps; or maybe a spat to observe. However, all was peaceful in the open air bar, and so she settled for the former option. Approaching the drinker nearest her (Anteor), she introduced herself with a bow. "Merin Deerheart at your service. You seem lost in thought, Sir- has it been a troublesome day?"
</font>

Anteor
06/Dec/2009, 06:31 PM
Sipping his Pippy, thoughts overcame Anteor and he suddenly found himself lost in a sea of memory from which he could not see reality. A voice came swimming through the mental desert "Merin Deerheart" it said as his mind was jerked back into the real world justin time to see a fellow dwarf sat by his side. "You seem lost in thought sir," she said "has it been a troublesome day?" Comforted by the kindness of this stranger Anteor was keen to strike upa conversation and suddenly found himself telling her his full story.

"Were my troubles confined merely to this day my friend I should be fortunate indeed. I have only just come back to my home in the mountains after a life time of exile in the fair realm of Lothlorien. My parents were murdered by a black evil and, for my own protection, I was given over to the Elves who raised me until the time came for this Dwarf to once again dwell in his rightful home as his heart suggested"

Ordinarily, Anteor would have gone on but the trouble lurking behind this dwarf's eyes seemed to give her otherwise quite attractive complexion a morose feeling. "But listen to me I am going on, come., You must tell me what troubles you. A problem shared is a problem halved after all and it is my round" He motioned to the bar man for two more drinks whilst Merin began her tale.

Drifa
06/Dec/2009, 09:54 PM
Having closed her eyes, Drifa was almost asleep when she heard a voice. Opening her eyes she saw another dwarf (Hermod)standing in front of her. He had a mug of ale in his hand and he had just asked Drifa a question. Drifa had been almost asleep and had only caught the last part. Something about everyone drinks. . Raising her mug, she saluted him and said. "Greetings! Drifa at your service. Yes, everyone drinks. Some more than others. I myself am guilty of that at times. And maybe that fellow over there. What do you think of that one?" Drifa pointed her mug at another dwarf (Aramir) who stood talking to himself.

Nen Lalaith
07/Dec/2009, 06:21 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Mîmi
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">A middle-aged dwarf came stomping into the pub, her dark eyes flashing as she searched the room. She had heard of this new pub that Drain II had ordered be built and she had had every intention of coming this way and checking it out. What she had not intended was to find herself there on an errand quite different. Junior was playing hooky again, and she was getting quite tired ofhauling him about by the ears. One would thing that a 45 yr old dwarf would know better than to shirk his duty. But no, not her silly, mamby-pamby brat!
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Oh, she was furious! And she'd stepped into the bar only to see if she could espythe older of her off-spring. Seeing no sign of him there she decided to enquire. Hergruff voice rang out through thepub. "Has anyone here seen Nauri? A ladjust out of his smalls - black hair, stupid smile, and a love for stupid jokes," was the rather fond description of her son.Edited by: Nen

Idesinholde
07/Dec/2009, 07:21 PM
Idesin was
sneaking into the pub quietly hoping not to see any of those old grumps who
thought she was a little to young to be drinking as much ale as she enjoyed
drinking. They would watch her all night and that would put a serious damper on
her evening! Ordering a mug of dark ale at the bar she looked around and saw a
few faces she recognized and a few faces she did not.She had put her
golden blonde hair up to look older though the fact there was hardly any beard
on her face rather gave away her young age. Waving to those she knew (Drifa &amp; Hermod )she planned on heading over there to say hello sooner or later; but first those she did not know!

Having had a deep sip of her ale she now approached the others (Merin &amp; Anteor) for a chat with
a little bit of foam stuck in the beard covering her upper lip. Bowing she said
“<I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">Idesin Boraxa Brealgare at your service!”[/I]
Grinning in the friendly manner that was hers. Her blue eyes containing a glint
of utter joy at simply having some ale and hopefully a good chat too.

<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Helekwen
07/Dec/2009, 08:07 PM
NPC Merin Deerheart

Merin listening sympathetically as her companion (Anteor) explained the reason for his reverie. "Well, at least you are able to return home now," she responded consolingly. "That at least must be something to celebrate?" As she gazed on the worried face before her, Merin suddenly realised that she did not even know his name. However, the question fell unspoken from her lips as her companion continued, ordering another round of drinks as he invited her to tell her own tale. Her previous enquiry forgotten, the Dwarfette sighed. Where to begin? "My mother passed on when I was young, too young to remember her properly. For so long, therefore, my father was my whole world. But he was slain in the Battle of Five Armies 73 long years ago. I was barely mature, but since then I have been forced to fend for myself. What little money my father left me ran out long ago; and whilst I have tried to work and save over the years my purse has been growing ever lighter despite my best efforts. If I don't find a piece of luck soon, I will end up desolate and dependant on the kindness of strangers. Which reminds me..." she tailed off momentarily, her question coming back to her. "Won't you tell me your name, kind sir?"

Whilst she waited for her companion's reply, Merin found her attention drawn to the Dwarfette at the bar, who seemed a merry and friendly type. Her interest piqued, Merin felt a jolt of surprise when she noticed the Dwarfette heading in the direction of she and her companion, despite the fact that she evidently had acquaintances present in the pub. How nice! Whilst it was said that misery loved company, Merin sensed that both she and Anteor could use a bit of slightly more cheerful company to lift their shared moroseness. Consequently, she found herself smiling as the other Dwarfette reached the table and bowed in introduction. "Idesin Boraxa Brealgare at your service!" Placing her ale on the table, Merin rose to her feet and bowed deeply in return. "Merin Deerheart, at yours and your family's!" she responded, gesturing to an empty seat. "Do please join us!"
</font>

Tornihyanda
08/Dec/2009, 12:07 PM
Tornihyanda opened one eye and then the other. The windows of his room were still closed, but the small chinks on the wood mercilessly projected the light from the outside into his face, what made him close his eyebrows as quickly as he had opened them. He was suffering from a terrible headache, what wasn't very good if you are just waking up. He could hardly remember what had happened in the day before, but he had the feeling that the world had suddenly changed and hadn't waited for the Dwarf to get used to it.</span>

He turned his head to the other side and wrapped himself tightly on his sheets, desperately trying to keep the chilly air out of his sleeping domains. It was always anherculeantask to get out of the mattress, but in winter it was always worse than usual. The atmosphere out there wasn't that welcoming and his limbs felt too numb to move. Still, he had to do it, no matter what, because the other people wouldn't be waiting for him to get out of his bed.Taking a deep breath, he hurled the sheet backwards and shut his teeth firmly as he jumped into his warm slippers. Opening widely the window portals and welcomed the streets of Erebor. Kroäc came flying along and landed on his shoulder, croaking loudly demanding a greeting. "There you go!" smiled Tornihyanda as he patted on the head of his fellow friend.After taking a quick breakfast, cleaning himself and get properly dressed, the Dwarf made his way out and looked around. It was his free day and he had nothing planned to do. Where to go next? Well, a Pub was always a valid and right option and he would certainly be looking for one. Sooner than expected the Dwarf came along one, a particular Pub, to be more accurate. An open pub air... Well, it sounded great, specially if he found any familiar face around there!

Anteor
09/Dec/2009, 07:43 AM
Anteor furrowed his brow as his new acquaintance narrated her own tale of woe. "Bless my beard,2 he exclaimed as she paused "that is a tale the like of which I had not expected to hear from one so young. The loss of ones parents is a terrible thing and it that regard we are alike for it was the dragon Smaug who laid low our great towers many years before the Battle of Five Armies and both my parents perished inside this very mountain. My condolences, may the fates smile mroe kindly upon us and our kin-folk." His friend's next enquiry reminded him of his impoliteness in not introducing himself properly. "My my how remiss of me to forget my manners. I am Anteor at your service and your families"

Further comment howeverwas prevented at that precise moment by the arrival of another dwarf (Idenis) whose jovial nature proved a pleasent contrast to the somewhat sombre tone the conversation appeared to have adopted. Standing politely and bowing as was the dwarven custome, Anteor introduced himself "Good day to you my dwarf. I am Anteor, at your service and your families. Do please join us, there's a good drop of ale on tap and I'd wager you have a tale or two to tell".

Sipping his ale Anteor marvelled at how easy this was, talking to his own kind again after all these years. He was, he thought, a very lucky dwarf.

LittlePeople
09/Dec/2009, 01:57 PM
Varin slumped into the pub his feet dragging slightly. His face was tired and matched his worn clothes and the large sack on his back didn't help the sight . A queer lookfor such a look to be on a dwarf so young with his short black braids so nicely kept. He scanned the room as if looking for someone but only saw the faces of strangers. As he stood by the doorway an older dwarfette (Nen) stomped into the room seeming to not notice him and she proclaimed to the room looking for a dwarf. Being only a few feet from her he let out a chuckle. As she peered over at the noise he said to her "I might say that would be a good description of myself madam" he bowed and continued "Varin Icenose at your service"

Drifa
10/Dec/2009, 08:06 PM
Drifa waited for Hermod to respond but she seemed to be busy with her mug of ale and so Drifa got up from her place on the ground and drew herself another mug of ale. The open air pub was more crowded now, Drifa remarked. Taking a drink from the fresh mug of Orc bite, she looked around. She noticed the bar for the first time and wondered what the </font>inventive dwarves who had set up the bar thought of her opening her own barrel? Laughing softly to herself at her faux pas, she noticed a dwarf (Varin) enter the pub. He was dragging his feet. It was probably due to the fact that he had a rather large sack on his back which would also explain the tired look on his face. Drifa then noticed an older dwarf (Mimi) stomp her way into the pub. She was inquiring about a lad with black hair and a stupid smile. Drifa couldn't help grinning. This one was a fireball. She then overheard the tired dwarf with the large sack on his back, introduce himself to her. She liked the sound of his voice. Making her way towards the two, she bowed low before them and said. "Greetings! Drifa at your service and your families! Can I offer you an ale?"</font>

LittlePeople
11/Dec/2009, 04:05 AM
Varin</font></font></font> looked over for half a second and took a double take that almost gave him whiplash. Any weariness on his face seemed to melt into a bright smile as he gave her a deep bow his short beard coming close to the floor. A dwarfette offering ale was like the music of elves to him if she had offered him a large sack of gold as well he might think he was in heaven. </font></font></font>

"Varin Icenose at your service and your families. You can offer me anything you like but I will always accept a good drink or pipe. Whats the special around here"</font>

Nen Lalaith
11/Dec/2009, 06:17 AM
Mîmi

Mîmi's fiery gaze was drawn to a rather young dwarf just a few feet away from her as he sought to address her. One busy brow nearly disappeared into the greying hair above as Mîmi studied him. "Claiming to look anything like my son is not a compliment, young dwarf!" she said rather gruffly, but the anger had died out of her voice, and her rough heart stirred for the tired look in his eyes. For all she knew he could be just as old as her son...and goodness knew Junior had less manners than this youngling here. His name now given to him she began, "Well Varin, it is good to..." when they were interrupted by another dwarf. A woman this time.

Mîmi studied this new one carefully, and found that she quite liked the look of her. As for the ale, it was a welcome diversion. After all, hadn't she been thinking that she would give this place a try until her son started driving her up the mountain side?! She was impressed by Varin's politeness, but she herself had done away with it a long time ago. Nevertheless, when she spoke up she put on her friendly smile, "Drifa. Good to meet you, dear. And I won't say no to some ale either. Although, I will tell you this," she added as she found herself a place to sit, "if that boy of mine waltzes in here I'm going to have to be a horrible companion!"

Drifa
12/Dec/2009, 11:14 AM
Drifa was happy to see the tiredness suddenly leave the young dwarf's face. He was quite good looking when he smiled. He introduced himself and Drifa could not help liking his easy going presence. Grinning she said. "It is good to meet you, Varin! And I would recommend the Orc Bite. It will not only put hair on your chest, but in your beard too! Ha!" She then turned and bowed low before the other dwarf (Mimi). "Nice to meet you too! What may I call you? Have we meet before? I believe I do not know your son, but I am sure that both Varin and I will give you space when your son does come in. What say you, Varin? I personally do not want to get in the middle of an ear tugging match, ha ha!" Laughing heartily, Drifa then said. "So, shall it be Orc bite all around?"

Idesinholde
13/Dec/2009, 04:52 PM
Idesin had taken a long way to reply to<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal"> Merin[/B] and <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Anteor[/B] simply gazing into the air in her own thoughts before she
suddenly shook her head and her eyes once more focused on the room. ”So sorry for that; I had a brilliant idea for a jewellery
design I have been working on." Sitting down in the empty seat
offered to her she had a slight sip of her drink. ”I hope you will forgive my laps of manners just now." She said
with a smile finding that if you yourself did not take such things too serious
then neither did others. “Indeed
the ale here is fine; however I might have to disappoint you when it comes to
tales. I am not old enough to have had many adventures, and none outside these
caves as of yet, and so if you have any questions about the outside world I
have naught to tell
but what others tell me. Perhaps either of you have any delightful stories of
your travels; if you’ve had any that is? She said
with a hopeful look to her finding the outside word immensely exciting and
wishing she would soon be considered old enough to go on some of her own.<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Nen Lalaith
14/Dec/2009, 12:58 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Mîmi
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Looking about her Mîmi's eyes narrowed into slits as she sought to read the names on the barrels strewn about the pub - or an excuse for a pub, she huffed to herself. Her attention, though, was soon drawn back to the dwarves, Drifa and Varin. She realised that they hadn't a clue who she was as she hadn't bothered to introduce herself. Chuckling dryly she said, "Call me, Mîmi, child! I am Mîmi to all who know me...including my sons." And then chuckling again (it wasn't really a chuckle, more of a crackling, rasping sound) she said with a wave of her hand, "Oh, do not fear. It will be over in moments. My son is most likely to faint when he sees me. A very weak-hearted dwarf, that one!" she ended with a bit of disgust, and her eyes began to smoulder again. She was really quite at outs with him because he scorned the profession that was once his dear father's - bless his beard!
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Mîmi felt a slight stirring of heartache at the memory of her dear husband, Nauri. Her eldest had been named after him, and she so did not want him to disgrace the name! She scowled, but was soon brought back with the mention of Orc bite. "Och! I'll have the Telperion Mist, Drifa. It's an old favourite of mine....do they have it around here?" she asked peering at the many barrels again.

LittlePeople
15/Dec/2009, 01:09 AM
Varin had been smiling watching the women talk. He gave the room one final scan and began to look tired again as if he had been let down but it was subtle and looked to be a long story.

Drifa had been talking to Mimi about her son and had commented to him. He turned back to them with a small startle as he stopped being distracted "Of course you can go to your son whenever." His smile returned as the conversation returned to drinks.

"Orc bite sounds good for me," he proclaimed. "But I'd more love a seat right now if we can find one"
</font></font></font>

Queen Nerwen
15/Dec/2009, 09:48 PM
Nerwen danced into the pub and clambered onto the bar. She smashed a tankard against the wall and yelled, "DWARVES AND VISITORS! Your host is here! Your next drink is on me, order whatever you wish!" Nerwen stepped down from the bar again and banged it with a fist! "Barkeep a tankard of The Pippy for you Lady!" She grinned around at her dwarves, this was where she belonged. Under a mountain, in an inn, with the dwarves around her.</font>

Anteor
17/Dec/2009, 06:44 AM
Anteor smiled in recognition of Idenis' youth. "Fear not my friend," he said encouragingly "It is my experience that tales and stories often find the teller rather than the other way around. For my part I have many stories to tell, few of which are cheerful yet all are most exciting. My travels have taken me from this very mountain to the Chambers of Mazarbul right to the very hills of the Blue Mountains. Of which location would you like to hear? I personally would suggest our current setting for a first tale however a tale is only as good as its reception." Sipping his ale and twitching his beard, Anteor awaited his audience's decision.

Nwyfre Hammershaft
17/Dec/2009, 12:40 PM
Nwyfre had been sitting by the Bar he was rocking back and forth and his stool humming to himself... He began to sing a song that every dwarf here knew by heart, it was in fact the song that Thorin and Co. had sung before leaving the Shire and coming all the way to the Lonely mountain. It started soft with a hum, but when Nerwen smashed that tankard on the wall he yelled "ALL HAIL QUEEN NERWEN!!![/b]" and then burst into song:

[i]Far over the Misty Mountains Cold
Through dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To claim our long forgotten gold.

The Dwarves of yore made mighty spells
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep where dark things sleep
In Hollowed halls beneath the fells</font>

Idesinholde
19/Dec/2009, 06:37 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Idesin[/B] was smiling
back at<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal"> Anteor [/B]and her eyes light up
at the prospect of a tale; a true one. An exciting yet not cheerful tale? Those
were the best at least in her youthful mind. Thirsting for word of the world
that she had yet explored it took her a minute or two to decide to go with
Anteor’s suggestion. It was always best to be polite and not harangue new
acquaintances into sharing much about what which they did not wish to speak of
then and there for all you knew. <I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">“A story
of what brought you here would be most desirable and intriguing to hear Sir[/I]”
she said politely still smiling eagerly. Her approach to the two strangers hand
gone much better than she had expected; what wonderful luck!

Then before they got any further in the proceedings <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">the Queen[/B] danced into the pub and offered a free drink to everyone
present. Joining in with others who were also delighted at this news she could
only repeat the shot of <I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">“all hail Queen
Nerwen”.[/I] Like all the other dwarves she was strongly loyal to her majesty
and greatly fond of her too. Looking to her new friends she was just going to
ask them what they would like when another dwarf burst into song. Closing her
eyes she listened intently to a song she knew well; all dwarves from under the
mountain did. When the song was done she applauded the singer <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">(Nwyfre)[/B] whom she found she did not
know – none the less the dwarf had a good voice.

Turning her attention back to her two companions she got on with the original
question. <I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">“Well free ale sounds
marvellous to me. How about I get down to the bar and get us all a fresh one
and then Anteor here need not worry about having something to wet his throat
with when he tells us his tale. What would ye both be having then?“[/I]
<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Anteor
20/Dec/2009, 10:34 AM
Anteor's beard twitched as he gave a wry smile in response to Ides' quick decision making. He had seen the same expession on the faces of his audience many times as they stood on the brink of entering his world for a short time. "A story of what brought you here would would be most desirable and intriguing to hear Sir" she said with an edge of nerves in her voice. At that moment, Anteor's attention was diverted to the bar doors which swung open as the Queen entered. Although she had been here many times before she had not been there for some time and he was pleased she had decided to once again grace them with her presence. Even more pleasing was her immediate offer of free drinks to every drinker in the bar. "That's what I'm thinking" Anteor said loudly, laughing merrily. "Mine will be a Pippy if you would be so kind my friend" he answered as Idens looked to be going up "and make them large ones. We shall need much refreshment if I am to complete my tale".

Tornihyanda
20/Dec/2009, 07:00 PM
Tornihyandatook a bit longer to reach the Open Pub than what he had first expected. The Lonely Mountain was going through deep changes and everyone was eager to have a chat about it. Therefore, the Overseer or Erebor, so many friends he had, wascompelledto stop and halt to feed those needs. It wasn't because </span>Tornihyanda didn't like to talk with other Dwarves, no not at all, but he could only take a few conversations at once and he was worrying towards the Pub. He was rooting to find his beloved </span>Boraxain there, though he was quite aware that she could eventually be elsewhere.</span>Skipping those small incidents, the Lord of the Mountains eventually found his way down to the Pub. The place wasn't that full, but it was still merrily composed with Dwarves. Many tables were spread around, and the smell of grilled meat with ale was filling up the air. Oh, how much he enjoyed that? For how long didn't he have a good ale? For too much! Hasting his pace, the Overseer of Erebor looked around for the counter, the bartender and the menu. The ales he so much enjoyed were at seal and </span>Tornihyanda would surely get one as soon as he confirm whether </span>Boraxa was in there or not. Scanning around, he found her spot and with a smile on his face, he walked towards."Idesin?" he asked merrily, as he heard her introducing herself to an Dwarfette. "Have you changed you name lately, my dear? Tornihyanda at your service!" he added, turning towards the Dwarfette, Merin.</span>However, his attention was quickly drawn away by the huge announcement of Nerwen. "Free drinks, did I heard correctly? Can we have more than one?" he smirked towards Nerwen.

Idesinholde
22/Dec/2009, 12:38 PM
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">“A pippy it is then”[/I] she said smiling and got
up and over to the pub to order it. She was having a fresh pear cider.

There she was greeted by <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Torni[/B] – a handsome
dwarf who had taken a liking to her. She liked him but considered herself much too
young for anything other than a slight flirt to be had and so did her parents
though they also considered her too young for a flirt. Smiling at <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Torni[/B] and blushing she explained that
her full name was Idesin Boraxa Brealgare though some had taken to calling her
Boraxa. As his attention steered to <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Nerwen[/B] and drinks she got hers and
placed them on the table for the others to grab. Not being located far from the
bar; it took her but a step or two to bring it there.

She was young and inexperienced and though <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Torni’s[/B]
attention delighted her female ego she had no idea how to respond or react to
it and found she kept blushing. Not to mention her nerves made her say the
daftest things! Cursing her own wit she sat down and nodded at <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Torni[/B] not wanting to be rude or
anything; and not knowing if inviting him to sit down would be too forward. Looking to Anteor she hoped the older dwarf would take control of the situation somehow.<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Anteor
22/Dec/2009, 05:55 PM
Gazing around the place, Anteor could scarcely believe the memories contained withn these stone walls. The cavernous archways, the roughly cut stairwells, all held within them a past and a future Anteor yearned to know more. Smiling contentedly at the prospect of finally being back home, Anteor looked around the bar at its inhabitants he chanced a glance at the Bar where Idenis appeared to be another figure in the seemingly endless queue for service. His eye was caught by a figure proceeding swiftly towards Idenis, clearly intending to talk to her. Although he could not make out the words her body language suggested a certain uneasiness on her part and it was plain that, in her naivety, she was a little unsure how to deal with sch attention. Sensing it was the right thing to do, Anteor rose fromhis place (making sure to leave his axe in his seat in order to gurantee its availabiltity when he returned) Anteor strode over to the two of them and laughed cheerily "Ah Idenis you didn't tell meyou had a friend," he turned to the stranger "Anteor my dearfellow.Anteor the dwarf at your service. You look like a person who enjoys a good tale well today happens to be your lucky day as I am about to begin one. If you will permit me I shall procure the refreshments and then I shall begin. What would yours be?" he winked cheekily at Idenis "Mr. Barman towhom must a dwarf show his chopper to get a drink around here?"

Sil
04/Jan/2010, 12:05 PM
Silvereye

</font>It had been a long journey back from Moria where Silvereye had been visiting her dear old mother, but both the dwarf and her pony were resilient and hardy. Still, as she shook the rain out of her beard, having been caught in a brief shower, and having satisfied herself that her weary pony had been stabled well and was going to be rubbed down and given lots of fresh straw and hay, Silvereye had slipped out to the pub before actually going home. The heat of the fire and of the other occupants of the pub began to sink into her bones and she took off her hood gratefully, stamping her boots on the doormat before she came in straight up to the bar. Things were not as glorious as they once had been, but no doubt everything soon would be restored to polished splendour. Silvereye's hands twitched slightly at the prospect of getting to work again; but in the meantime she merely grinned cheerfully over the bar at the bartender. "An Orc Bite, please!" she ordered. "I've been travelling and I'm tired - and I think a bit of liquid encouragement's what I need!"</font>

Queen Nerwen
04/Jan/2010, 08:08 PM
Nerwen flicked a bread roll at Tornihyanda, "You may have one free drink and one only. All dwarves must make a living sir, including the loweliest barkeep and brewer. If paying is beneath you, you shouldn't enter the establishment" The Queen smirked at her cheeky subject and slowly clambered down from the bar. She swept two tankards away with her and went to wrap a tight arm about her sweet sister. Young Idesin Boraxa would be the talk of all mountains when she grew some more, her fine blonde hair as striking as Nerwen's copper. "My sweet sweet sister girl. Are you teasing these fine strong dwarves again?" Nerwen tugged her sisters beard and said, "Lord Anteor, I believe?" And thrust a hand in the older dwarf's direction, "I hope my sister hasn't been leading you a merry dance, she can be quite fascinating when she puts her mind to it! Oh, excuse me one moment!" Nerwen had just heard someone order an Orc Bite, which meant they were interesting (and strong!) "Lady Dwarf!" she addressed Silvereye, "You are new to my Mountain?"</font>

Moros
04/Jan/2010, 08:45 PM
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>These were dark days indeed. The letter from his mother was still imprinted upon Moros’ mind and the fact that his father had passed, the he was now the head of his family, stung bitterly. Ever since his brothers fell in battle, Moros had known he would have to take this responsibility upon himself at some point, but he never thought it would happen now. What was even more distressing was that, although he had gone looking for somewhere to drown his sorrows, he had only been able to find one run-down little peasant hovel. Great.
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>Standing inside the pub amidst the great throng of people, the joviality and warmth of the surroundings passed right over Moros’ proud head. He made his way sullenly to the bar and plopped himself down on a stool in front of the barkeep, not daring to look around at his company lest one of them notice him and actually try and strike up a conversation. Even before he had ordered though, the barkeep slid a pint of Orc Bite in front of him. “Courtesy of your hostess, sir.” the gruff tender mumbled. It’s Lord now, I suppose... Moros though; he didn’t have the heart to correct him out loud. Then his thoughts continued. Wait, hostESS? Hmm. I wonder what she’s like. Hopefully one of those Blue Mountain lasses. Oh the stories about them sound delightful! Maybe I should go find he-
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>Then he heard her booming voice. It was unmistakable, like a screeching of a newborn babe, and Moros had heard it all too often lately. Sighing, the Dwarf closed his eyes tightly, hoping it was a dream and that he was actually back in his plush featherbed, wrapped in silk, and not here in this dirty, smelly, peasant hole. When he opened his eyes again, he looked around him, and saw her.
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>Nope, not a dream. It was that bloody Queen and her troupe of friends...

Idesinholde
04/Jan/2010, 08:55 PM
Idesin glares at her older sister at the mentioning of her leading anyone on a merry dance. Like she would do that? However the glare softens to something else when she hears she is facinating. She always wanted to be facinating. Having the Queen as her sister had its advantages and disadvantages. For one no one would throw her out of the pub for being too young, however the Queen might if she fancied it. Luckily Nerwen was mostly a laid back older sister and thus Idesin Boraxa mostly roamed free. As the Queen turned to a newly arrived dwarf she turned back to Anteor drinks in her hand, and an eager puppy like expression. Would he tell his story soon? She wanted to hear it!<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Balfur
05/Jan/2010, 08:41 AM
He had been trying to avoid it and he had succeeded in that for some time now. Yet Balfur was drawn to the place like an iron pin to a magnet. It was a pub, after all, placed in the center of the Kingdom. The young dwarf entered the place, though it was hard to see where the pub started and the square stopped. Not that it bothered him a lot. He looked at the people who had gathered already and smiled shyly. For a moment he did not know what he should do and stood there in doubt, nearly giving in to the idea of turning around and leaving once again. But after a second or some, he drew a deep breath and stepped forward to the bar.

He greeted the one behind it and smiled nervously. "Good day, I would like to have a mug of Dungeon's Doom, please." Suddenly, as soon as he had made the order, he felt how thirsty he really was.
</font>

Sil
05/Jan/2010, 12:22 PM
Silvereye

</font>It was the Queen herself who was addressing her. Silvereye grinned amiably, twisting a plait from her beard around her finger. "No, actually, my Queen," she said jovially; "I used to work here making toys, with my uncle, a while ago, but I've been on an extended visit to Moria to see my dear old mother, who had taken up residence there. I know it's full of wretched goblins and the like, but she's.... a very stubborn sort." Her face took on a rather thoughtful expression. "At any rate, it was rather harder to get away from her than I anticipated, but I'm sort of looking forward to being back here and getting back to work. Also, having a good drink. Would you believe, she actually believes in drinking in moderation? A more ridiculous idea I never heard, even if she is the old fashioned type of dwarf." Silvereye sighed with a great deal of melodrama as her mug arrived. Her single eye brightened immediately as she raised it to her lips. "Now, that's the stuff," she commented, with enthusiasm.
</font>

Queen Nerwen
06/Jan/2010, 07:18 PM
Watching SIlvereye drink her Orc Bite with satisfaction Nerwen grinned, "Well I'm glad you survived the darkness of Moria, tis a dismal place and no mistake. And equally glad that you found your mother well and alive. As to drinking in moderation.." she gestured around her, "We don't believe in that here in Erebor. But luckily most dwarves can hold their drink and those that wish to brawl into the night may do so, in brawling clubs. Now why don't you come and meet some friends of mine." Nerwen placed an arm around the dwarfette's shoulders and steered her forward, "This beauty here is my sister, Idesin Boraxa. And Master Anteor and Master Tornihyanda, they - " But the Queen cut off abruptly, having spotted someone else she knew. A wicked smile came across her face, she gestured to her group that she would be back in a minute or two...

Creeping back towards the bar, she flashed a grin at the handsome young dwarf (Balfur) who had just ordered a tankard of Doom. The character she was interested in though had just recieved a drink from the barkeep and was standing looking as though he was in completely the wrong place. Being as quiet as she could, Nerwen crept up behind him and gave this dignified looking dwarf a sharp jab in the ribs with her finger, "Uncle Moros!" she squealed and flung herself into his arms in an excited hug, "So your mama has finally given you money and permission to come out drinking then!" She let him go and prodded him again, "I hope the barkeep told you that your first one was on me!" Nerwen grinned up at him and straightened her little crown which had been a bit knocked by her excited embrace
</font>

Moros
06/Jan/2010, 07:38 PM
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>“Gah! OW!”
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>Suddenly, there was a stabbing pain in his side. It was probably some sort of vermin nibbling away at his flesh that had crawled out of the pantry, but when Moros twisted around in his seat to find out what had happened, he suddenly had a big auburn shrub in his face. Holding his hands up above his head as he was nearly squeezed to death by what had indeed turned out to be a very large vermin, Moros’ face twisted into a horrified grimace.
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" align=left>“Yes my lady,” he said, his voice dripping with false deference. “I was so luckily informed. I must thank you for the drink then.” Moros may have wished that he was anywhere else, at any other time, with any other person...but at the very least he was polite. As for the quip about his mother, well, now was certainly not the time to address family matters. That could wait until morning, or maybe the afternoon, depending on how much of this slop he was going to drink. “So...” There was an awkward silence as Moros tried to think about something to talk about that wouldn’t want to make him punch people in the face. “How ‘bout these new folks, eh?”

Balfur
06/Jan/2010, 08:37 PM
"Thank you very much," Balfur said with a smile, when he accepted the Dungeons Doom from the barkeeper and paid the good dwarf. He was distracted by a customer making rather peculiar sounds after having been jabbed by some lady dwarf, who seemed to flash a grin at our young hero. Balfur felt confused, not many dwarves flashed grins at him and this one was adressed to with my lady. He was not sure whether she was one, he thought it not very polite to flash grins at random people in a public place. Then again, she might be that kind of a lady. Carefully he lifted the mug to his mouth, while these and other thoughts ran through his mind.

It tasted good and he savoured his first gulp. Then he swallowed it and let out a very long Aaah! He quickly took some more gulps and then looked around satisfied. Of course, the feeling of being satisfied did not last very long and soon enough he found himself emptying his first Dungeon's Doom in the Open Air Pub of the Lonely Mountain. And with the alcohol blending into his blood, Balfur felt himself walking to the bar for another one of them drinks. Yet, he couldn't prevent himself from bumping into another customer (Idesin). "I'm terribly sorry!" He mumbled, but hoped she didn't really notice it, since she was looking so very intrigued at another dwarf.</font>

Queen Nerwen
06/Jan/2010, 09:11 PM
Nerwen pushed Moros back onto his stool and slipped onto the one next to it, crossing her ankles in a delicate way. She knew the dwarven lord sat before her didn't think she was worthy of any position, let alone Queen. But it wasn't up to him and there was nothing he could do about it! Nor could he intimidate her with his apparent wealth and position. She motioned for another drink and dropped some coins into the barkeep's hand with a gentle smile, "Bring Lord Moros another when he requires it too".

She toyed with the handle of her tankard and then, at Moros' question she arched an eyebrow, "What new folks?"
</font>

Moros
06/Jan/2010, 09:47 PM
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; MARGIN: 0.75pt 1.5pt 0pt" align=left>Oh no...she wasn’t going away. As Nerwen sat down beside him and made sure his supply of “drinks” wasn’t going to end any time soon, Moros got the suspicion that she was trying to poison him. How much of this could one person drink, really? And what he wouldn’t give for a nice cool tumbler of Dorwinion wine right now...that was a quality drink.
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; MARGIN: 0.75pt 1.5pt 0pt" align=left>
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; MARGIN: 0.75pt 1.5pt 0pt" align=left>
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; MARGIN: 0.75pt 1.5pt 0pt" align=left>“What do you mean ‘What new folks?’?” he said, bringing his mind back to reality. “Look at all of these new people! I don’t know that one right there,” he pointed at Balfur, “or that one, or that one, or that one, or that one...or pretty much anybody in this bar. I’ve never seen these people in my life. Surely-wait...did you call me Uncle Moros?"

Queen Nerwen
06/Jan/2010, 10:19 PM
Nerwen took another mouthful of ale and then turned back to Moros, her expression suddenly disdainful. She stood up with her drink in her hand, "These folk might be new to you, sir, but they are my friends and my people. Perhaps if you came out of your halls and caverns a little more frequently, instead of pretend.ng to lord it over others, you would know that too!" She took a step back towards her friends, "Then again, if these dwarves are so beneath you, maybe you would be better off somewhere else. Somewhere where you won't poison the rest of society with your false airs and graces and illusions of self-importance!" And with that she turned on her heel and back towards her sister and friends,</font>

Moros
06/Jan/2010, 10:39 PM
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; MARGIN: 0.75pt 1.5pt 0pt" align=left>Well now, wasn’t she a lively one! As she rambled on about her “people” and her “friends”, Moros couldn’t help but pity her just a little bit. She was young, naive and still thought that everyone was her friend just because she was queen. He only hoped that the realization that subjects in Erebor wouldn’t be happy just because she was so nice would come in a time of peace. There had been too many instances in the past when a new ruler would be deposed or even executed because the people lost confidence—and no amount of friendly hugs or niceties would change that. And then the ensuing period was even worse, a veritable reign of terror, and Moros really didn’t want to have to go through the trouble of liquidating his assets and moving back east.
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 12pt; MARGIN: 0.75pt 1.5pt 0pt" align=left>With the Queen now gone though, there was a serene moment of silence, and Moros finally smiled. He did not offer any parting jabs at the little queen, but rather finished off the last of his cup of...whatever this bilge water was called. The bartender took away his empty glass, and before Moros could say two words, another one was placed in front of him. Hmm. Well, if he was going to be here, at least the queen had provided him with drinks...

Ránlindë Fey
07/Jan/2010, 09:21 AM
From a dark corner Ran had been watching the exchange between the lordling (Moros) and their bouncy Queen. She chuckled (well, it was more of a chuckle-snort), remembering a bit too late that she wanted to keep a low profile lest the gaze of overzealous Queen should fall on her next, and then quickly turned the chuckle into a cough. Which was a mistake. After long years of harsh life in the wildest parts of the Wilderland and deep tunnels of Moria, aided by relentless passage of years, any faked cough is bound to evolve into a true coughing fit.

It took a few moments for Ran to catch her breath, her coughs interspersed with curses at damned younglings, twice damned dusty mines and trice damned stupidity of old age. She should've kept to her quarters in a Dale inn. It was too late now.

Taking a sip of steaming mulled wine, she rasped from her corner. Likes and dislikes aside, it is never wise to make the current ruler your enemy. Nor of royalty's friend regardless how uncouth and temporary they may be. Old Lord Ironfist understands the necessities and nuances of politics. How will the young Lordling fare, I wonder? she chuckled, but not unkind. In her time, before her self-inflicted exile, she had dealings with the Ironfist Clan and though she had disagreed with the Lord on many occasions, she still valued his opinions. Especially now when with age came some experience, if not wisdom.

What surprises me even more is that he had found a way to bring back the renegade youngest son to shoulder his share of duties? I haven't seen you since you were in your small-clothes but word has reached even the most reclusive part of the Wilderland of your particulat... lifestyle. And many successes. She made a pause and cocked an eyebrow in his direction. In the female front, of course. Here amusement seeped into her voice, though not completely covering a layer of bitterness and irritation. He was a youngster still, there was time for him to grow into his role. And he among all the patrons at least shared her dislike for the carelessness and over-bounciness of new, younger Dwarves. As if they were oblivious to the shadow that was longer every day. All too soon they will learn of their folly.

(OOC Moros: I'm thoroughly enjoying your new character, hope you don't mind me adding my connection towards Ironfist Clan. If its not fitting int your story, feel free to ignore that part of my post. Anyway, I have left Ran as she was, only aged her to account for my long Plaza absences
All: I'm playing an older, grumpy Dwarf. This all roleplay, her oppinions of younger, bouncier dwarves are not my own. Just to let ya know in case.</font></font>.</font>)

Edited by: Ránlindë Fey

Sil
07/Jan/2010, 11:00 AM
Silvereye

</font>"Ah, that'd be just fine, your majesty," said Silvereye with composure as the Queen promptly put her arm around her shoulder and steered her off to meet some of her retinue. They all seemed to be terribly young. She grinned at them, turning her head to see them better - having one eye didn't do anything for her depth perception, although it had never stopped her craftwork. She nodded politely as the rest of the group were introduced to her - Idesin, Anteor, Torni - before the Queen suddenly broke off midway. Clearly Queen Nerwen did not have a very long attention span, but that wasn't very surprising, especially in a pub. Silvereye herself could be very easily distracted around the presence of alcohol. </font>

</font>"Uh, well, hullo then," she said, as the Queen disappeared suddenly to have some sharp words with someone who was apparently her uncle - Moros? Hmm. She took another gulp out of her mug. </font>

Idesinholde
07/Jan/2010, 12:46 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Idesin[/B] was starting to get grumpy as
jealousy ran amok through her veins. Her sister was the Queen and thus normally
got more attention than her and she hated that. Still feeling every bit the
insecure teenager she also envied her sister her confidence and how she just
approached people. As often before she comforted herself that at least her
sister was older and thus she would lose her appeal long before Idesin did. Right after her mean thought came guilt at
thinking such things when it came to her older sister whom she loved and looked
up to. It was just that she was jealous of her too…

Usually she would have gotten slightly annoyed at being bumped into because
that meant someone had not noticed her however she minded not the slightest
being interrupted in her thoughts. Turning around she gave a dazzling smile to
the male dwarf(<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal"> Balfur[/B]). <I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">“That’s fine; it’s a dwarven pub after all
so this happens quite a lot! Just be glad I am not much of a brawler! [/I]She said
giggling. Looking over at <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Silvereye[/B]
she smiled remembering her manners, and trying to make the other feel included in
the group. <I style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">“Hullo”[/I] then looking at
her attire she could see some wet there and that prompted her to ask; “ Have ye
been out of the caves today? Or perhaps travelling? You see I know almost
everyone who

Right then <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Nerwen[/B] came back from
talking to some grim old dwarf as far as Idesin could see and her sister looked
annoyed. Patting her back in a soothing gesture she gave an encouraging smile
that said ‘what can you do?’ She also looked over at the male dwarf and gave
him (<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Moros[/B]) the evil eye. No one but
she was allowed to upset her sister!<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Balfur
07/Jan/2010, 01:32 PM
The
older dwarf, who had been conversing with the lady who had flashed a
grin at him (he was still confused about that), had now turned to
pointing his finger at everybody in the hall. Balfur was the
first victim of his point-attack, the young dwarf didn't like being
pointed at, like some kind of rare animal or monster. Yet he did not
say anything about it, because he had always learned to respect older
dwarves and this fellow was obviously older than him. While he raised
his mug to his lips to drink, he realised there was naught left in it.

The blonde bearded dwarf shook his head and turned to the barkeeper. "I'll have another mug of Dungeon's Doom, please." While he had said nothing of the pointing escapades of the dwarf, the lady dwarf who had been talking with him had not been that silent. She had stopped her conversation with the dwarf quite abruptly and Balfur grinned when he watched the scene. But he quickly changed his expression, because he did not want to get into a brawl on his first trip to the public house.</font>

Moros
07/Jan/2010, 06:57 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">As the queen was welcomed back to her circle of flatterers and boot-lickers, Moros caught the glance that one of the youngsters (Ides) shot him. He couldn’t help himself, it was just too easy an opportunity. Flashing a bright smile in return, he winked at the dwarfette, and then turned his back to her and took up his drink again. The brim of the glass was just about to touch his lips when a horrible sound filled the pub—it was like a hacking, howling death cry. Moros eyed his drink suspiciously. Nope, not worth the risk.
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">Putting the glass back down on the bar, Moros waited for the crone to die. When she didn’t, but instead started lecturing Moros, he rolled his eyes and wondered whether it might actually be a good idea to drink the bilge water again. Death couldn’t be much worse than this. But then she started talking about his family, about ‘Old Lord Ironfist’, and how he is so wonderful and wise and all that. That made him take a drink. She seemed to know far too much about him and his family, and could not be ignored. This old dwarfette was speaking from the obligatory shadowy corner, so Moros didn’t want to offer any personally revealing response that could be overhead. Instead, he focused on the last bit of her speech.
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">“Yes, well, can you blame them, really?” he said haughtily, “Come, join me here at the bar, grandmother, for clearly you know more about me than I do of your decrepit self. There are only so many people who have seen me in my smallclothes, and they are all much younger than you.”

<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt">OoC Ran -- Of course I don't mind! Moros' own backstory is rather vague at this point, so there is lots of wiggle room. --Edited by: Moros

Idesinholde
10/Jan/2010, 04:00 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Idesin[/B] was shocked at
first at <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Moros[/B] smiling at her so
brightly; but then she figured out his game and decided to play it too and
simply smiled back. Getting herself another drink from the bar she chatted with
the barman a little, drank half of it and pondered. How was she going to mess with this cocky
nasty male dwarf? Given enough time she would though. She went back to her
companions smiling and silently listened to the conversations going back and
forth while thinking very little except for how delicious this drink of hers
was. Because it really was! She would have to get another one of these as soon as possible. Licking her mouth it was rather clear to everyone that she was enjoying it. Perhaps enough to get one of there own? If so the barman sure would get sick of making Telperion Mist!

Anteor
14/Jan/2010, 09:41 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Anteor had begun to wonder if this bar was self service when up popped an unexpected, but most welcome face whose hands immediatley gripped his own in a greeting. "My Queen," Anteor smiled "how lovely to see you here. On the contrary, I was just about tb regail your sister with stories of my own making. She is proving to be quite an enchanting and most willing audience. Would you care to - " Whether she cared to or not Anteor never found out as, exxcusing herself politely, she hustled over to the other end of the bar where a fellow patron had just ordered an orc bite. At his shoulder appeared a triumphant Idenis whose charm had apaprently achieved what his own could not. A drink or two. "Aha, finally" he exclaimed "I was contemplating brewing my own. Shall we proceed back to our table?" Obviously keen to hear his story Idenis nodded but their path was blocked by the re-appereance of Queen Nerwen with a newfriend. Anteor was beginning to sense quite an audience would be present for his tale if it ever got around to being told. "Varkin my good dwarves," Anteor said curetously offering his hand out to be shaken. Queen Nerwen introduced Silvereye into their company and then once again vanished into the merry throng of people. "How in Durin's Bear does she keep doing that?" Anteor enquired "I don't think I have seen her keep still for more than a minute all night. Still I believe I still owe you a story. Perhaps you would care to join us?"

Queen Nerwen
15/Jan/2010, 08:48 PM
Nerwen settled back into her chair just as Anteor commented on her mingling, "It's part of being me and joining in and greeting people. I promise to sit still and hold a conversation with you, my delightful friends!" She swigged from her tankard. Glancing around she noticed Silvereye was still standing there, looking a bit out of place but none the less happy. The Queen patted a vacant stool next to her, "Come take a seat, Silvereye. Tell us about you. And then we will share with you. Oh, and we have to listen to Anteor's story!"</font>

Idesinholde
16/Jan/2010, 11:45 AM
"Yes let’s listen to Anteor's
story!" Idesin
chirped in trying to not let her impatience show. She sat down next to him and
motioned Silvereye and Nerwen to take a seat too. Hopefully
they would do so soon because how long had she been waiting on that story of
his now? Too long anyway; its not like she was known for being particularly
patient but then again the young never are. Taking another sip of her drink she
nodded at him to begin. Being so young and inexperienced outside the caves of
the <st1:place w:st="&#111;n"><st1:PlaceName w:st="&#111;n">Lonely</st1:PlaceName> <st1:Place w:st="&#111;n">Mountain</st1:place></st1:place> she was eager to hear any tale
about anything as long as it was not her parents telling her the right ways to
behave. Those stories she was rather sick of...<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Norin Deathfoot
22/Jan/2010, 09:26 AM
Norin walked into the lively open air pub. She was absolutely parched, hadn't had a drink in... hours! Not that she needed alcohol or anything... she was a dwarf! Dwarves drank and quaffed and sipped and gulped and swallowed and slugged and swigged. So there was nothing wrong with drinking..... lots... was there?

She beamed as she took in the scent of stale beer. Definitely the right place. And look, there were people she knew here as well!

"A drink please!" she shouted to the bartender, then sat next to Ides after giving her a glomp. There was to be a story.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/cinnoberfrog/nuts1.jpg

Edited by: Kyung Silverleaf

Idesinholde
26/Jan/2010, 03:50 PM
"Norin!" Idesin squealed in delight before hugging her friend. It's been a whole since I've seen you! Where have you been hiding? Taking a sniff of her friend another question came to mind. " More importantly what have you been drinking!?" She laughed so Norin would know the comment was not meant in any way but fun. "Everything is a bit quit here around now; we are all waiting on Anteor to tell us a story and he sure is making us wait!"<DIV ="WebWizRTE" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1">

Norin Deathfoot
26/Jan/2010, 06:54 PM
She settled back into her seat and answered at her leisure. "Well, I had some Orc Bite in my hip flask but that's all gone, thanks for reminding me, I'll refill it while I'm here. And there was a nice bottle of wine someone gave me at a party that I drank, and I'm sure I had a glass or two of something tasty when I was out visiting earlier. All weak stuff you know, nothing that gives a proper kick!" She stifled a burp in a ladylike fashion. "What are you drinking?" she asked, eyeing Ides' glass. "Is it nice?"

Balfur
27/Jan/2010, 09:55 AM
That was it! He was not going to sleep in a pub, just because he was waiting for someone to tell a story. Yes, Balfurhad been listening to the excited chatter of the ladies in the pub and as it had seemed someone called</font>Anteor was about to tell a story he had sat down on a stool near to the little group of chattering people. He had thanked the bartender for his drink earlier and slowly sipping from it, he had waited. But now not anymore, this dwarf was taking a long time to come up with a story, either that or he had been scared away by the crowds this Ides dwarf had gathered together in such a small amount of time. It was a true talent to behold these dwarves walking around the pub floor and hugging. Balfur was not really fond of hugging, it was too intimate a gesture in his opinion, but it was quite apparent these women were good friends, if not related.

What the young dwarf missed, in his own opinion, was something to listen to other than the chitter and chatter of the other guests. That's why he had liked to hear that story, otherwise he would have to satisfy himself with the talk about subjects he did not truly understand. While his thoughts were on this subject, something else suddenly entered his mind. His eyes widened and his eyebrowse were raised and the young dwarf let out a loud "OOOOH!" before he could stop himself. He laughed loudly, not paying any attention to the other customers anymore. He could not believe he had actually forgot his own birthday!</font>

Moros
28/Jan/2010, 07:01 AM
Ah, so the crone had died after all. Shame. She had beenthe only interesting thing about this establishment so far.

With his only competent conversation partner in Mahal's embrace now, Moros returned the bulk of his attention back on the drink in front of him. Whatever foul scum it was. After another painful mouthful, Moros grimmaced and turned to make a second appraisalof the company around him. Bah, it was the same few annoying Dwarfs...ah, plus another. Great. They continued to hug each other and generally run around like infants (Moros wouldn't have been surprised if that blonde one eventually hugged a chair or a log or something; just how much had she had to drink?), so the Ironfist Dwarf took little notice of them. Well, until one suddenly yelled some sort of primal grunt for no apparent reason. They really were a strange lot.

Norin Deathfoot
28/Jan/2010, 09:10 AM
"Really? Anteor's going to tell a story? In that case, wait to get started!" she bellowed at Anteor and started giggling. "I need another drink. I'll be right back!" she shouted. She got up off the chair and stroked her hand through her brown beard. It was getting a bit straggly. Could do with some combing and plaiting later. She wondered if there was a still a beauty cave around. She knew there had been one around earlier.
At the bar, she asked the barman for a Telperion Mist and a large mug of Orc Bite. "And make it snappy!" she asked. She fumbled with her purse and left a goldpiece on the bar and left the change there as she swayed off with a drink in each hand and sat next to Ides again.
"Right, I'm ready for the story now!"

Queen Nerwen
02/Feb/2010, 08:06 AM
Do come and continue you pub fun here (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=237032&amp;PID=7176693#7176693) in Dale

Thread closed!

Edited by: Queen Nerwen