PDA

View Full Version : Fog on the Barrow Downs ~ Adventure Game



Pages : [1] 2

Naith Liathant
30/May/2010, 03:31 AM
The ’ Vaults of the Valiant ’ is a multiplayer game for solo adventurers. You will be competing against each other to rescue relics from the Vault before your life or your total endurance are expended. The player who rescues the most treasure wins the game.
To win the game you will have to defeat perilous traps and fiendish beasties! Use tactic and cunning and stealth!



http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/Pellaadarion/vaults1banner.jpg


RULES

Each Player enters the Barrow Downs from one of the 8 compass bearings permitted.

These are :

North, South, East, West, North East, South East, North West, South West.


Each Player must state in sign ups their preferred point of entry. Players may choose the same point of entry as other players.

How it works :

The GM provides the prompts and then options, then you make your choices.

Each Player has Two Swords. Swords are a measure of your combat ability. The score will go down, as well as up, during the game.

Sacrifice a Sword to kill an enemy! Sometimes you will find an enemy so hard as nails it takes more than one sword to overpower it.

Each Player has Two Shields.

Sacrifice a Shield to prevent damage from a Trap, or from an enemy. The enemy will still be alive however and no given area can be searched whilst an enemy lives in it. If you see an aea with an enemy and you cannot kill it with a Sword, you must use a Shield. You must either retreat to where you were before, or take one of the other possible escape routes usually listed in the prompt by the GM. To reiterate you may not search the room whilst the enemy remains alive!

Note : Some enemies will require two or more Swords to slay. Some may require two or more shields to survive or even a combination of Swords and Shields. Special enemies like these will be explained clearly to you in the game.

Each Player has Ten Endurance.

Endurance - is expended the first time you move, and for each additional move you make that leads you to a new area. In this way it is impossible to move into a new area without expending a point of endurance. You can of course move into areas you have already been in, at no additional cost. The act of choosing an entrance point does not expend a point of endurance. Additionally one point of Endurance is lost if a player has not moved in three days real time. A point of endurance is further lost for each day thereafter, meaning that should players vanish, the game will still reach conclusion.

Note : Some Quest Treasures may boost your endurance to above 10. Others may reduce the endurance dramatically, for example poison based traps! Beware!

Treasures & Worth.

On your search of the Vault game you will find treasures. These will all be of varying value. You must list any treasures picked up on each of your posts. An example will follow.

Items :

Sometimes special Quest Treasures will be picked up, these should be listed here.
In these game there are a high number of them. They permit players to use their special qualities, and some may be retained or traded up for gold in Bree.

Lives :

You only got one! Make the most of it! If you cannot play any swords to kill an enemy and you cannot play any shields to evade an enemy, you are slain, and in game terms this mean your game is over. It could mean you are dead, or simply too wounded to continue. Either way it is game over!


Will :

This is a measure of your mental fortitude. It depletes as the madness sets in!

Many dark and evil items and fiends will attempt to subvert your will. Like Frodo, you must resist. Some Quest Treasures may aid in this. Some may in fact drain will with their use.

If you are reduced to minus one will power, you become utterly insane and have to go to Doctor Mungo's Mental Health Institute in Michel Delving. Oh and it's game over.

Secret or Concealed Doors :

Each player may make three successful searches for concealed doors. A player must state when he or she is using one of these up and if a door is present the GM must reveal it!

Since this option can be played at any time and up to three times, it will not be listed as an option. A player must indicate clearly that he or she is boycotting current options in favour of searching for concealed doors. Each time this is done, add one to your search total. When you hit three, you may conduct no more.


Example Post ( to be used in the Game Thread only and to demonstrate layout - copy paste and fill in the details as necessary ):

Swords : 2 Shields : 2 Will : 2 Endurance : 10 Searches : 3 Treasures and Value : 0 Items : 0


Your job as a player, other than to move about and explore, is to keep this part of your post up to date. As GM I won't be able to edit your posts for mistakes, so be wary of any corrective measures in my prompts. I may PM players because that works well. So each time you move and know you are going into a new area, I will post you a prompt. When you respond to that prompt your task is to reduce your Endurance by one point. Obviously if you gained an amulet worh 100 gold coins in the previous location, and killed an enemy which cost you a sword, your new post would have one less sword, the treasure and value noted and one less endurance. Easy? Much more so than it seems.

Note to previous players: In the past you could monitor other players and watch their options come up and then choose to mimic their actions. While this can still be done, do not expect the same results all the time!

Fog on the Barrow Downs

Chill is the night over the land of old, where lie ancient Princes of Cardolan in their burial mounds, within their cairns, or interned beneath tall standing stones but all slain long ago. It is a dark time once more, and dark times lead to ill deeds and desperate acts. Treasure hunters and grave robbers creep amidst the desolation in the quiet of the night, under cover of darkness. Whichever you are, or however you see yourself in the world, you begin to regret your choice of location to loot...

As the mists close in around you, adventurer, you realise perhaps that there was wisdom in the word of rumour, that fell creatures and evil spirits guard the Numenorean crypts of the Barrow Downs. Nevertheless, intrepid, bold, and thoroughly unscrupulous, you venture into the forbidden night, seeking buried gold and artifacts in chambers dormant, and still...

Sign ups! The first twenty sign ups are in, the rest will have to wait for a future game!

In the event that we do not get twenty sign ups before Wednesday or Thursday, the game will begin.</font>Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
30/May/2010, 12:54 PM
SIgn me up and count me in!smileys/smiley11.gif



Name: PellaadarionEntrance: North

Edited by: Pellaadarion

Dirion Telpelen
30/May/2010, 01:23 PM
Do you know how long I've been waiting for this game!?smileys/smiley2.gif Thanks Naith.

Name: Sir Dirion Telpelen
Entrance: West

Taranuen
30/May/2010, 03:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Taranuen/fingerdanceplz.gif

Name: Eirien
Entrance: North West

Pele Alarion
30/May/2010, 04:40 PM
Not that I fully understand all about it...smileys/smiley3.gif But yeah.

Name: Pele Alarion
Entrance: South

Zerani
30/May/2010, 05:56 PM
Name ~ Aeryn
Entrance ~ West</font>


Edited by: Zerani

Drifa
30/May/2010, 06:45 PM
Name - Drifa
Entrance - East

Áfor
30/May/2010, 06:59 PM
Name - Herion
Entrance - North

haldred
30/May/2010, 07:38 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">hi mate
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">name:haldred
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">point: northEdited by: hawkins6685

haldred
30/May/2010, 07:39 PM
soz change name to haldred

Olwen
30/May/2010, 07:50 PM
Hmm... Oh, whyever not? Could be fun... Until I die -.-</font>

Name: Tinuviel</font>

Entrance: North East</font>

Angelikus Snape
31/May/2010, 01:29 AM
I don't fully understand it but yeah, whatever. Bring it on!

Name - Emora
Entrance - North

Naith Liathant
31/May/2010, 09:59 AM
Hello everyone! All signs up approved ( of course ) and very welcome! We have 10 / 20 possible spots filled now, but please tell your plaza friends about the game, because it is fun to compete against them!

As for those who have expressed misgivings regarding the rules, it is actually a simple game, but I can see how it would be tough to imagine how it works even with the descriptions.

We do have a few players who have played the structure before, so you can follow the examples of people like Pell and Dirion.

I capped the number of players because it can be tough to keep track of more than 20 but it could be 20 is a high number. Trial and error on that level. In any event I will PM you notice when the game begins so that even if it is Wednesday night GMT and you haven't checked back in - You wont miss it for long.

Good luck to the ten of you and good luck to future sign ups! Recruit us some Valiants!

Raven
31/May/2010, 10:20 AM
Name</font>: Raven
Entrance: North-West.
</font>

Nienna
31/May/2010, 10:32 AM
don't know if I did understand everything ok here and if I will be able to keep it up to the bitter end, but this seems a good occasion to me to start trying to RP again. Thanks Naith! Count me in.

Name: Nienna
Entrance: North East

Turin Ringhûn
31/May/2010, 05:06 PM
I hope I understood it all. Even if I didn't, count me in. Lucky #13

Name: Turin Ringhun
Entrance:South East

Oro
01/Jun/2010, 02:00 AM
Name: Oro Stonefist
Entrance: North West

Naith Liathant
01/Jun/2010, 05:31 AM
14 / 20 - Six more sign ups and then we can begin!

Surion
01/Jun/2010, 05:26 PM
Surions heels sunk into the boggy earth of the Barrow Downs like vampire teeth into willing flesh, her cape wreathed around her in the night air and she breathed a sigh of impending excitment. Once again she found herself here, on that bristling, spine tingling edge of adventure ready to delve into the tantalisingly murky depths of the Vaults.

Name Surion
Entrance North
Items Cunning, Motivation and a killer instinct

Arothir
01/Jun/2010, 06:31 PM
Name: Arohir
Entrance: West

Naith Liathant
03/Jun/2010, 10:41 AM
SIGN UPS NOW OVER : 16 PLAYERS VENTURE INTO THE BARROW DOWNS THIS DAY, AND THE FOGS DESCEND, THE SKIES ABOVE BECOME A CEILING OF MILKY WHITE, THE SUN IS LOST TO YOU AND A CHILL IS FELT FROM THE EAST, AS DARKNESS TAKES IT'S TELLING HOLD. YOU HAVE COME SEEKING THE TREASURE OF DEAD KINGS, OR TO DEFEND THE BARROW DOWNS FROM THE FELL WITCHES OF AN ANCIENT AND SECRETIVE COVEN. POSSIBLY YOU HAVE HEARD OF THE RUMOUR OF WILDMEN, RAVAGING THIS SITE IN SEARCH OF TOMB BLADES AND RICHES. YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD TELL THAT GRAVE ROBBERS ARE FORAGING IN THESE SACRED SITES OR PERHAPS YOU HAVE SIMPLY WANDERED FROM THE ROAD OR LOST YOUR WAY.

OPENING POST: CHOOSE AN OPTION IN YOUR WRITING TO SPEAK AS TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE ON A WITCH HUNT, TO TAKE ON THE WILDMEN, TO SEEK OUT THESE GRAVE ROBBERS AND SLAY THEM, OR YOU A WANDERER. YOUR FINAL OPTION IS TO DECLARE YOURSELF A TREASURE HUNTER!

WITCH HUNT : EACH WITCH SLAIN IS WORTH TWICE THE EXPERIENCE POINTS

WILDMEN SLAYER : EACH WILDMAN SLAIN IS WORTH TWICE THE EXPERIENCE POINTS

DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS : EACH GRAVE ROBBER YOU TAKE OUT IS WORTH TWICE THE EXPERIENCE, AND EACH TREASURE HUNTER IS WORTH EXPERIENCE EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF SWORDS IT COSTS TO SLAY THEM. ALL TREASURE ON THEIR PERSON IS YOURS.

WANDERER : A WANDERER RECIEVES DOUBLE THE EXPERIENCE FOR ANY BARROW - WIGHT DEFEATED.

TREASURE HUNTER : GAIN ONE EXTRA SHIELD.

PROMPTS:

PELLAADARION, HERION, HALDRED, EMORA & SURION: You venture down off the road, into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path. You can not see each other, you are not together. The north of the Barrow Downs is a long stretch...

TINUVIEL & NIENNA : You venture out from Bree, into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path. You can not see each other, you are not together. The north - east of the Barrow Downs is a vast enough area ...

DRIFA : You venture off the Greenway, into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path...

TURIN : You venture up from the Greenway, into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path...

PELE : You venture up north from the region of Minhiriath, into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path...

RAVEN, EIRIEN AND ORO STONEFIST : You venture down from the direction of the Brandywine Bridge and off the road, into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path. You can not see each other, you are not together. The north west of the Barrow Downs shrouded in fog, don't you know?

DIRION, AERYN AND AROHIR: You stumble out of the Old Forest, a treacherous place! You were able to do this because YOU PACKED AN EXTRA SHIELD for the journey. You walk on into the rolling fields approaching the downs. The day wears on and with the ebbing of time the fog rolls in, curtains of it, waves of it, engulfing you. Soon it is difficult to find your way over the undulating earth. You have three paths presented here, the left path, the right path and straight ahead. State your adventurer type and choose a path. You can not see each other, you are not together. The west of the Barrow Downs shrouded in fog, so maybe you are closer than you think though!

SOME POINTLESS NOTES THAT GAMERS MAY LIKE TO KNOW:

EXPERIENCE POINTS: IF IT TAKES ONE SWORD TO KILL, IT GAINS YOU ONE EXPERIENCE AND SO ON. A FELLOW ADVENTURER IS VALUED AT ONE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT OF SHIELDS THEY HAVE. YOU EXPEND SWORDS ENOUGH TO DESTROY THEIR SHIELDS AND TAKE THEIR FINAL LIFE.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ADVENTURERS MEET?

PARLEY: THE RULES OF PARLEY APPLY WHEN TWO OR MORE ADVENTURERS ARRIVE AT THE SAME LOCATION AT THE SAME TIME. ADVENTURERS UNDER PARLEY MAY ATTACK THEIR RIVAL, BEFRIEND THEIR RIVAL AND JOIN FORCES, OR SIMPLY MOVE ON. SHOULD YOU OFFER TO BEFRIEND ANOTHER ADVENTURER AND THEY ATTACK YOU WHILE YOU WAIT - THAT'S UNLUCKY. IF THE ATTEMPT TO BEFRIEND IS MET WITH SILENCE YOU MAY MOVE ON AT ANY TIME. UNDER PARLEY, AN ADVENTURER MAY POST TO ATTACK ANY OTHER ADVENTURER CURRENTLY UNDER PARLEY IN THAT LOCATION. IF THAT ADVENTURER HAS MOVED ON, BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, BUT NO GM PROMPT HAS GIVEN THEM NEW OPTIONS - THEY ARE NOT UNDER PARLEY. THEY CHOSE TO MOVE ON - SO LIVE WITH IT!

SO HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT 'TIME' IT IS?

TIME: TIME IS ABSTRACT IN THE GAME, DICTATED BY TWO ADVENTURERS ARRIVING TOGETHER AT THE SAME LOCATION AND ON THE SAME ENDURANCE SCORES ( EVEN IF ONE OF THEM HAS LOST ENDURANCE TO POISON, OR A SPELL, OR GAINED ENDURANCE FROM LEMBAS ).

I'M CONFUSED: YES AND I'VE JUST STARTED!

SERIOUSLY, YOU NEEDN'T UNDERSTAND THE RULES THOROUGHLY TO PLAY. I'M HERE TO GUIDE YOU. THE PROMPTS THEMSELVES WILL COVER YOUR GAME OPTIONS.

SO WHY READ THE RULES THEN? BEATS ME. OH - SOMETHING ABOUT STRATEGY AND POST FORMAT... YOU CAN STILL WIN WITHOUT A STRATEGY.

REMEMBER THE GAME WINNER IS THE ONE WHO COMES OUT WITH THE MOST GOLD, NOT THE MOST EXPERIENCE. EXPERIENCE CAN BE TRADED UP FOR QUEST ITEMS AND GAME SKILLS IN LATER GAMES.



Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
03/Jun/2010, 10:59 AM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 10WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 0 SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
</span>His name was Pellaadarion, a red-headed ranger who considered himself aDefender of the Tombs. He entered from the North, coming by way of Esteldin. Around his waist was bound a belt from which hung two matching short-swords, and upon his back were strapped a pair of sturdy shields.</span>
</span>Coming upon a cross-roads, he was presented with a choice of directions. His keen hazel eyes scanned each path, before he continuedstraight ahead.</span></span>





Edited by: Pellaadarion

Raven
03/Jun/2010, 12:16 PM
swords - 2 // shields - 2 // </font>will - 2 // </font>endurance - 10 // searches - 3 // treasures &amp; value - 0 // items - 0
Wanderer
</font>
Raven shivered as the fog closed in around her. The last thing she remembered was crossing the Brandywine Bridge - how had she ended up in this place? Ske kept on walking. At first there was nothing but white surrounding her, but gradually this began to give way to a gentle grey haze, and soon she could just make out three paths before her. With a little prayer to the Valar, she turned right.</font>

Turin Ringhûn
03/Jun/2010, 01:37 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>&lt; 2 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt; 10Endurance&gt;&lt; 3 Searches &gt;&lt;0 ITEMS &gt;&lt; 0TREASURES &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>

<DIV>Turin, a Ranger from the south. He had forgotten exactly why he was in Eriador, but he was glad to be there. He'd heard rumors about thieves looting tombs of the old time kings, and he would have none of it so he became a Defender of the Tombs. He entered from the South East, coming by way of the Greenway. At his waist he wore a standard leather belt, from which hung two long swords. Though he didn't like using shields, he had two of them upon his back.
<DIV>

<DIV>The fog was thick, but he managed to see that he was at a four way. The path he came from, and one continuingin that same direction, and two in either direction on the sides.Looking in each direction, as far as he could through the fog. He flet out with his Druedian feelings and decided. Turning, he scanned the path, and nodded. Easy quiet steps led him down the path to the left.Edited by: Turin Ringhûn

Dirion Telpelen
03/Jun/2010, 01:38 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance : 10
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the Tombs

The knight tumbled out of the Old Forest and into the Downs having tripped over an unseen shield. It was a welcome find even if his ankle stung a bit in the fall. Hefting if over his should he set his gaze upon the murky land.

The fog clung to him like a dead man's shroud and his gut was telling him to flee. But he pressed on knowing that somewhere out there was an evil, calling to him, calling his name. Bane of the Barrows...

Finally, settling on his next move, he began walking off to the left</font> of where he had entered the Downs.
</font>

Angelikus Snape
03/Jun/2010, 01:50 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 10
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the
Tombs

Emora,</font> a female Ranger from the North (Yes, a female Ranger) heard rumors that there were some peoples desecrating the tombs on this day so she decided, to investigate. As she was nearing the downs and after walking a few steps, a fog appeared out of nowhere to hinder her sight.

She clutched one of her long swords but did not unsheathe it. She then bent down and looked at the ground for it was impossible to see anything through this fog. She saw three paths in front of her. She then thought a little before she decided to go</font> right and try to find out what was going on at the Downs and possibly stop those people that have been descrating the tombs if there were really people desecrating the tombs in this place.</font>
</font></font>

Pele Alarion
03/Jun/2010, 02:41 PM
Swords: 2 ... Shields: 2... Endurance:10... Searches: 3... Treasures &amp; value: 0... Items: 0...
Wanderer

Pele had gone off on one of her adventurous wanderings, traveling up north on the North-South road from Tharbad. She stuck to the road consistently, only seldom leaving it to pick some herbs in the forests. She had measured a long way already, but still was far enough from Bree. Another day was coming to an end, and Pele's stomach loudly demanded its share. As she mentally went through the remaining food in her pack, she frowned. The dried meat she had taken along had already finished a few days ago, but meat she wanted.

"I'll just go a little ways off the road to see if I can hunt something down..." she thought to herself, as she stepped off the road. However, soon the fog began to appear and the coolness with it. She shivered and drew her cloak tighter around her body, as she stopped. Perhaps now was the time to return, before she got lost. Suddenly the awareness struck her that the Barrow Downs were close at hand - a place she did not desire to roam into.

Pele shivered again, but now not merely because of the cold, but because of the realization that she just might get into the adventures she did not wish and which could as well turn out to be more than she could stand. She turned around, by now almost completely engulfed in thick fog which concealed the surroundings from her view and confused her sense of direction.

But walk somewhere she must, since standing and waiting here for the fog to clear out might as well prove to be deadly. She set off to her right</font> hoping to find her way back to the road.

Zerani
03/Jun/2010, 03:56 PM
NPC Aeryn
</font>Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2 Endurance ~ 10 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ 0 Items ~ 0
Wanderer</font>

Aeryn decided she simply had to accept it, just about the only saving grace of her situation was that there was no-one around to fall over laughing at the idea of a lost Ranger. Not that she really considered herself lost of course, rather she was momentarily directionally challenged. Yet even as the thought crossed her mind she realised it did not make the situation sound better ... the only thing that could do that would be finding her way back to the lands she knew.

Stumbling out of the Old Forest clutching her shield she found herself facing an unending vista of rolling fields. The day wore on as she walked, the fog rolling over her like a blanket, only to be drawn back moments later, and each time she could feel herself drifting a little further away from her randomly plotted course, with no idea how to retrace her steps. She paused momentarily, the wind whipping her long black hair about her face as she tried to decide from the three paths before her, in the end she let instinct guide her, heading toward the</font> right</font> trail.</font>

Oro
03/Jun/2010, 04:26 PM
|Swords : 2| |Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 10| |Searches : 3| |Treasures and Value : 0| |Items : 0</font>|</font>
</font>
</font>A young dwarf stood on his tiptoes, already on a ladder, to reach for the ancient volume on the shelf before him. The book inched its way out as he slowly slid it out from the shelf. It began to slip and fall towards the ground but his nimble fingers snatched the aged spine before the book fell. It was a dark leather bound book, gold letters etched into deep maroon leather. The spine was nearly five inches thick and the book was over a foot tall. It must have weighed nearly fifty pounds, as the dwarf slammed the text onto an old desk before him. Leaning over the book, it appeared that noone had touched it in over a decade, as the dwarf, his sapphire blue eyes peered at the book. Blowing lightly upon the cover, a layer of dust blew up and away from the volume. He looked down at the title on the book, yup this was indeed the one he was looking for.

</font>
Annals of Dwarven History and Lore
Dwarven Heroes in Lore</font>[i] </font>|Book 7|

</font></font>He opened the book to the index page, looked down the list of stories. There was only one that interested him at this point. The scholarly young dwarf saw the title of the story and then the page number "345'' and began flipping to that page. He passed it over at first trying to skip to the middle of the heavy volume to cut down on time, and then flipped back to the page. On the front of the page was a sketching of a dark haired dwarf leaning on a large shield, the crest on the shield was a large stone fist with twin swords crossing a shield behind it. The caption beneath the drawing said "The Dwarven hero, Oro Stonefist, before he entered the Barrow Downs." the dwarven lad smiled, his face beaming, this was the story he had wanted to read. He looked a the next page, it was a cover page for the story, and thus began the youth's journey into history. This particular history was considered lore and not truly factual, noone knew what actually happened down there. This was only one of the many stories of Oro Stonefist, and thus it began...

</font>**********

</font>The Paladin in the Fog</font>
The Tale of Oro Stonefist at the Barrow Downs
</font>
</font>Chapter 1 </font>
</font>
The diminutive defender of the </font></font></font>tombs </font>sat in the old inn, beer in one hand and pipe in the other. In traditional dwarven fashion, he took a swing of beer and then a puff on the pipe before exhaling a ring of smoke that shot across the small inn's bar and over the top of a bottle of whiskey. The bartender smiled and laughed, taking the whiskey down and filling a glass for the dwarf. It was an old game they had played, if the dwarf could land a smoke ring on a bottle, he got a free drink. The dwarf was getting better at the game, maybe the bartender needed to end the bet before he lost all his alcohol. The dwarf finished his beer and took the whiskey in hand. His gnarled and tanned hands showed that he had spent many years traveling, most of them from Ered Luin to the Iron Hills and back. After a few more minutes, he finished his liquor, put out his pipe and stood from the bar stool. It was a little tall for him, seeing as this was a land of men, but the dwarf smiled to the bartender, left a pile of coins on the table and stepped over to his pack in the corner.

Taking a dark blue cloak from the wall with a gray tassel and cord, the dwarf drew the cloak over himself and then armed himself. It was tradition for him to have a meal, including a few adult beverages and a smoke, before heading out into the fog. He had taken up the self proclaimed post of "Defender of the Tombs" when he had heard of grave robbers in the barrow downs. Now many a dwarf would have heard this, decided that it was the business of men, and then went on his way.

But Oro Stonefist was a dwarf of honor and morals. He was a devout follower of Mahal and believed that the great vala would wish for him to aid the men, and represent his creative properties by defending what was, rather than ignore the problems of the world. As he marched into the darkness, the dwarf strapped his great sword to his back and his long sword at his hip. He slung a medium sized triangular shield about his back and then took his large kite shield and slid his left arm through the straps of the powerful iron shield. He wore the plate armor of his people, fully armored from neck to foot. He bore no helm, instead choosing vision over a large metal blinder.

He stepped into the night, his right hand on the hilt of his longsword at his side, the shield before him glimmered slightly as the light from the moon struck it, revealing the stone fist emblem of his clan upon it. He crossed the Brandywine Bridge, briskly carrying himself over and into the rolling hills of the land beyond. He knew that soon the fog would roll in and his vision would be blurred. He had been through these parts a few times, but never quite remembered the path to take. it was the fog, it was not a natural fog and every time he entered, it seemed the path before him was new. Mystical as it was, he had a duty to preform and until the grave robbers were defeated, he would not be free of these parts.

He stepped into the fog and soon came upon a choice, there were three paths before him. He frowned and looked down the paths, what to choose. He frowned for a moment, scratching his long raven black beard with his right hand, his fingers fumbling upon the stone ring clasping the beard into place and weighing it down in combat. He lowered his head a moment, murmuring in the ancient language of the dwarves. A prayer to Mahal floated up and into the heavens and at that moment, he had a sudden urge to take the </font>left </font>hand path. Thanking Mahal for the aid, he began down that path, his shield up before him and ready for whatever challenges lay ahead. </font>
</font>


Edited by: Oro

Arothir
03/Jun/2010, 05:34 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 10
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the
Tombs</font>

Halorn walked into the fog surrounding the Barrow Downs, the ranger having been sent to protect the barrows, despite their haunted nature, from would-be grave robbers seeking to take the treasures of Arnor for personal gain. This would do the legacy of the diminishing Dunedain no good, for even if they were to all pass away, their legacy would be all that remained, their cities destroyed, their people dead, but at least the artifacts and tombs would remain, unless they too were despoiled.

Knowing that grave robbers often came prepared to deal with trouble, he had packed an extra shield, knowing that his job was to defend the downs, not to attack, but the crossroads he came to confused him, for in the fog he had lost his way a litle, but he elected to not take any change of course and simply go straight.

Áfor
03/Jun/2010, 06:02 PM
Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 10 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ 0 Items ~ 0
Defender of Tombs</font></span></font>

NPC Herion

Finally, the familiar turn in the road appeared and Herion sighed with relief. A wandering soul as he was, being a Ranger, this particular part of the road still drove him into madness every time he attempted it; it was just so dreary and gloomy that no amount of wanderlust could make it seem acceptable to travel down it. His heart rejoiced as he finally stepped off the road and his feet hit the soft tufts of grass, though his mind grew drearier still. His task here was not one of pleasure.

As he made his way closer to his goal, the tombs of the Barrow-downs, the fog started descending slowly. He was not entirely certain whether this was some sort of weather coincidence, or the effect of the tombs, but there seemed to be a perpetual covering of fog here, and it grew thicker and almost impenetrable every single evening he had spent here. It was a good thing, really, as it allowed him to move freely, without the need to seek cover from the people he was hunting. For now, he was content with it, though he knew there would soon be a time when he needed his eyes and the fog could easily be the death of him.

Making his way across the plains by memory, Herion listened attentively for any muffled sound coming from the the fog, and awaited any movement. There would be movement, there always was these days, with the treasure hunters and the wildmen and the tomb robbers. He hoped silently they would only appear once he was at the Downs and settled, and not yet now, when he was still finding his own way around and out of the fog.

A familiar crossroads appeared out of nowhere, and he took the left path he knew well, from many travels. It was the fastest way to where he was going, and his hopes rose again to meet today's raiders ready.

Nienna
03/Jun/2010, 06:16 PM
Swords </span>- 2
Shields - 2
Will - 2
Endurance - 10
Searches - 3
Treasures and Value - 0
Items - 0

Wanderer

The road home was long but to wander around the Barrow Downs would prolong her travel down south and sdhe was longing to return home. Trade had brought her here and curiosity and the zest for adventures has made her wander untrodden paths and darker corners of the lands even when the longing for her house, her garden and for her bed now made her shake her head of all the strange, devious routes and her, following her heart and not her head.
It was getting foggy, the mists rose and turned liked specters, rising from deep graves between rocks and mossy
crevices. Dampness was slowly crawling up her booted legs and she wrapped her dark felt cloak tighter around her slim body.
Fortunately she was prepared for all kind of weathers and so she dragged the woolen scarf she was wearing round her shoulders up and over her head, carefully hiding her long braid. It was not same for a woman traveling alone around here, but it was not safe for a man either.
Her hand quickly slipped down to her sword and she felt the cold iron of the sheath under her palm.
All was good. All will be well. Soon she would be in the tavern and soon she would be home again.

Her foot tripped against a stone, hidden under wet leaves on the ground before her and she noticed paths meeting, like at a crossing. One oddly crooked to the left, one straight on, narrow but plain and one to the right, nearer and looking somewhat inviting.

She had married the wrong man, so they said, she had made a lot of strange choices in her life and now she would take the left path, because it looked crooked and somehow not right.
But then again, she saw forget-me-nots growing there where the left path was, before a veil of mist made them disappear like in a dream.

Taranuen
04/Jun/2010, 02:39 AM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
<DIV>Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
<DIV>Swords 2 / Shields 3 / Will 2 / Endurance 10 / Searches 3 / Treasures &amp; Value 0 / Items 0[/B]

<DIV>The unseemly for turned the air into white porridge. It was all around Eirien and also formed a misty ceiling above her. It was an impassable cover what came to seeing constellations up in the sky, or any landmarks she could use to easier navigate. She would have to rely purely on a map that was drawn in her memory, and follow the routes on it blindly.

<DIV>Rumour had it that all kinds of vile spirits were disturbing the final rest of tombs here, so she had taken the post of a <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">defender of the tombs[/B], to help, in her way, to protect and guard peace of the fallen ones. Right now she had little challenge in front of her, but the eerie quiet behind the fog. She could not stay here and allow cold get to her bones, thus she secured her weapons and began a quiet stealth, taking a course to her <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">left[/B], where mere intuition spied something worth finding.

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 01:45 PM
PELLAADARION: You walk forward bravely through the mists until they clear enough only for you to see a column of stone like the finger of a giant jutting up out of the earth, covered in curious runes and ancient mosses. The earth about this obelisk is jagged and broken.

Beyond it there are paths which lead straight on, left or right. There are no tracks in the earth and it seems all too quiet and chill on the Barrow Downs, as night beckons.

EIRIEN: As you walk cautiously through the mists, your eyes scouring for a path ahead, you lose your footing. The ground seems to give way beneath you! You are standing on an ancient grave, and the ground over it has given way beneath your feet. You land in a shallow pit. Lose a Shield. However lying in the hole, you discover an old phial of a deadly pungent liquid. It is still strong after all these years. The label has a faded skull and crossbones on it.

This is POISON. Game rules for poison are as follows: If you choose to coat a blade with Poison it instant kills any opponent regardless of their Shield strength, with the exception of undead. In your combat post, when you use it, simply apply it to your blade and attack as normal. The poison is good for a single use only.

You saw a path straight ahead and a path to the right, before taking a tumble...

TURIN: You walk stoically over lush ground, undulating all about, a journey through damp and cold vapours and tendrils of spectral fog. After several long minutes you see a shape on a rise of a bent up old woman over a cauldron. It is a Witch of the Coven! She begins to turn to face you, at your intrusion!

You may sacrifice a sword to slay the Witch, you may flee down paths straight ahead, left or right. If you flee, the Witch will cast a spell as your run away, and her magic will cost you one additional Endurance.

NIENNA: You wander the path of dreams through mist shrouded landscape and the downs take you on their journey. The rising up out of the mists, and pointing a crooked finger at you, is a hag! A Witch of the Covens, out on the downs searching for materials beyond natural understanding!

You may sacrifice a sword to slay the Witch, you may flee down paths straight ahead, left or right. If you flee, the Witch will cast a spell as your run away, and her magic will cost you one additional Endurance.

PELE : You wander for long moments, through the corridors in the mist, the hard earth beneath you making travel difficult and you seem to be traversing an ancient burial ground now. You find the cracked and broken ground about you hard going, but as you march stoically on, your eye catches sight of something in the damaged earth. It might be lying in a hole deep enough to have once been a shallow grave, but you see a casket, lying open. You catch the glint of gold. Inside the casket are 50 Gold Coins. You may wish to take this hidden treasure!

From this point, somewhat turned about by moving to the casket, you find three divergent paths at a fork in the trail. One lead straight on, and the others fork out from it left and to the right. What do you do?

ORO STONEFIST: You have not gone far when to your surprise you find tracks sunken into the earth. Tracks that might belong to a grave robber! They veer of directly to your right, but there are two other paths. One slightly to the left of it, and one slightly to the right of it. Do you wish to stalk this quarry through the dark night, or take a different trail?

HERION & EMORA: You are under Parley! Approaching from different directions you crest a rise to discover the skeleton of a man half submerged in the beaten earth. There are paths from this rise, straight over it, or to the left of it, and to the right. PARLEY: You may wish to team up, or roleplay your encounter. If you team up, it costs only one of you endurance to move both players along, but all treasure must be divided. Damage from traps is taken together, damage from enemies will be appointed to the member of the team who did not post the move. The one who posts the move is the one who loses the endurance point. So that is kind of fair...

Either of you may move on at any time breaking the partnership.

Or you may wish to attack the other person. If so you would need to declare how may swords you use. The target loses that many shields. In this way no player can be taken out of the game at this stage by another. Not in this parley.

After attacking, you must await the next prompt before moving on or choosing another option. You cannot simply attack & leave in the same post. Your opponent might be fortunate enough to be online before your next prompt is up, and attack you right back!

Feel free to ignore Parley altogether and simply move on. Doing so expends endurance like any other move, but it avoids a conflict.

RAVEN & DIRION: You are also under parley, see above.

You up a rise out of the damp cool mist rising up off the hot earth and you see a significant standing stone, like the carved bone of a Giant's finger, pointing toward the skies. It is covered in runes. There are three paths beyond it. One to the left, one to the right and one straight on.

AERYN & AROHIR : You stumble out thick fog onto a crested rise, that is a burial mound. Here you see the deep, ominously dark entrance into an ancient barrow. You also see each other...

You are under parley. You may move into the barrow or around it. If you move around, you may take the left path, or one of two paths to the right, one is crooked and one is straight. Or you may continue straight ahead.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Turin Ringhûn
04/Jun/2010, 02:13 PM
<DIV>&lt; 1 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt; 9Endurance&gt;&lt; 3 Searches &gt;&lt;0 ITEMS &gt;&lt; 0TREASURES &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>

<DIV>Turin, made his way through the fog. "Blast this wretched ground bidden cloud. Why must you haunt me? I can't see but a few feet ahead of me. And it dulls the sounds as well. My skills will be even more greatly needed. I just hope I'm not ambushed while finding my way around." he thought as he continued on. A few moments later, he thought he heard something bubbling. "What's this?" he though furrowing his brow. Silently, he drew one sword and approached. There was a shaddowy figure, hunched over a cauldron. It turned at looked upon him.
<DIV>
<DIV>A tingle crawled up Turin's spine. It was a witch! "What is that doing here!? I must get rid of it quickly if I am to survive." he thought. He took a quick look around hoping there was no one else around. He then charged. Swinging his sword at the midsection of the evil being. He wanted to get rid of it before it could do any real harm to him. He'd heard stories of just mere words of witches could turn people into all sorts of things. He could not let that happen to him. A mere second it took to reach the witch and his sword flew through the air. Momentum building as it drew near the intended target. Would it strike true or would he meet his end?

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 02:21 PM
TURIN: Your strike is true! The Witch of the Coven is slain and you gain 1 XP. XP can later be traded for items and equipment, and skills for use in later games.

The cauldron bubbles on now, it's lifeless owner crumpled up and dead before it.

Obviously you may search anything present at any time as directed under search. However if you wish to move, you are seeing the three paths you see before. One to the left, one to the right and one cutting through the swath of mists ahead.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
04/Jun/2010, 02:36 PM
swords - 2 // shields - 2 // </font>will - 2 // </font>endurance - 10
// searches - 3 // treasures &amp; value - 0 // items - 0</font>
Wanderer</font>

Raven wandered through the haze aimlessly, wondering how much longer this road could possibly go on for, when suddenly someone else came into view in the distance. Suppressing a squeak of fear, she crept closer as quietly as possible, hoping there were no twigs or dry leaves beneath her feet to give her away. The man was standing just beyond a tall stone covered in runes, his back turned. As Raven drew closer and noticed that he was quite exceptionally well defended, any thoughts she might have had of confronting him evaporated immediately, and she darted down the path to the left as quickly as she could, hoping the other explorer had not noticed her presence.
</font>


Edited by: Raven

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 02:43 PM
RAVEN: Your flight from the unknown stranger takes you hurtling through the mists, and you stumble out of the thick fog onto a crested rise, that is a vast burial mound. Here you see the deep, ominously dark entrance into an ancient barrow. The broken entrance is held up with decrepit stone. You may enter, or circle around it, to take the left or right path, or the one that trails off into the fog along a narrow trench.

Note: After each post moving location you should remember to deduct one from your endurance. Raven your endurance is 8 at this stage.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Dirion Telpelen
04/Jun/2010, 03:43 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 9
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the
Tombs

Slipping through the swirling mists, Dirion nearly bumped into the small spire that stood before him. Intrigued by its appearance and the fact that it certainly had to be placed there for a reason, he nosed closer. Brushing back stale moss and vines he searched the marker carefully</font> for any clues. His attention was so focused he did not hear the passing of feet as Raven continued on her way.
</font>

Edited by: Dirion Telpelen

Surion
04/Jun/2010, 03:46 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Swords - 2 / Shields -3 / Will - 2 / Endurance - 10 / Searches - 3 / Treasures and Value - 0 / Items - 0
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">The fog rolled in thickening the air and stifling the breath, the ground underfoot became quickly uneven and Surion stumbled, intoxicated by her surroundings. However there was nowt on this earth or the next that would keep her from her quest as a treasure hunter. The unknown hoardes of trinkets and talismans called to her through the mists like sirens long bereft of company, wanting nothing more than to be rediscovered and coveted once more.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">The ground was becoming worse and Surion cursed her vampiric heels with every step, perhaps she would find sure footing if she took the Left path.

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 03:57 PM
DIRION: You search the standing stone and find an abandoned camp site against once facing, and you think nothing more of interest. That is until closer inspection reveals a mislaid pouch. This leather pouch is not worn and the site seems recent. Possibly only a few weeks old. Inside the pouch is LEMBAS: Lembas replaces one endurace when consumed.

You may now choose one of the three paths beyond the standing stone. One to the left, one to the right and one straight on.

SURION: You soon find yourself traversing the broken down paths of an ancient burial site, finding to your horror a terribly mutilated corpse, lying in coagulated blood, its features distorted and ruined. Lose one Will!

As you hurry on, lost in the mists, you fall suddenly into an open grave. But here you find a small chest broken open with age! 50 Gold Coins are inside! Your treasure hunt as begun!

You see as you emerge from the shallow grave, three paths, one to the left, one to the right and a wispy trail that speaks of death, straight ahead...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pele Alarion
04/Jun/2010, 03:59 PM
Swords: 2 ... Shields: 2... Endurance:9... Searches: 3... Treasures
&amp; value: 50 gold coins... Items: 0...
Wanderer

Unable to see clearly where she was going, Pele roamed through the fog. By now it was obvious to her that the road was not where she had thought it to be, and that she had taken a whole different direction. Even the terrain had changed, and she no longer walked on a soft and comfortable ground. At first it was only hard underneath her feet, but after a few stumbles and stubs of her toes, she found that it was also uneven.

"Why did I have to turn off the road just now. I could have waited to get to Bree to eat my fill," the Gondorian chided herself under her breath, as she tried to avoid falling on her nose by placing her feet with utmost care, though it impaired her speed greatly.

Suddenly something dark appeared before her, and Pele stopped, straining her eyes to see what exactly it was. She assumed that it might be just a boulder, but she couldn't be sure, since all the objects looked different in the mist. Cautiously she took a couple of steps closer, her hand finding its way to the hilt of her sword. It appeared to be a box of some kind, or a casket, or something similar, but as she took a few more steps closer, she espied something glinting in it.

"Gold?" she asked quietly to herself, and then peered around to see if there was anyone who could claim it as its owner. But nobody seemed to be around, and she could not resist leaving it there unattended. Quickly she covered the distance to the treasure and snatched it up from the casket, stowing it away in her pack. "That's quite a lot of coins..." she murmured in contentment, and then hurried away from the place, just in case someone would come to take the gold from her.

Pele had not taken many steps, when she came upon a fork in a trail, and she looked around thoughtfully. Her present course had taken her further away from the road, so she decided that it would not be worth it to continue straight. Instead, still somewhat convinced that the road must be on her right </font>side, she took the turn in that direction.

Dirion Telpelen
04/Jun/2010, 04:34 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 9
//Searches : 2 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 1-Lembas
Defender of the
Tombs

Dirion's careful search turned up an abandoned camp, but not much else. He was thankful however for the unspoiled lembas, which he knew would be needed at some point in his journey.

He wondered for a moment of the whereabouts of those who had made camp here. A chill ran down his spine at the thought. "Friend or foe, the bones of the dead lay the same," he muttered as he began to move on.

Striking a path that he hoped would lead into the heart of the Downs, Dirion took the path straight before him</font>.
</font>

Edited by: Dirion Telpelen

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 04:35 PM
PELE : You walk into clear open stretch of ground with the milky vapours of fog hanging like curtains around it. In the middle of the grassy earth before you stand three bent over old women, aged and weathered. They chant together in a huddle. These are no less than THREE Witches of the Covens.

Your options are to flee before being seen, or to sacrifice one sword for each Witch you wish to slay. There is no way you can take them all down with the weapons you have at your disposal. So if you fight them, one of them will unleash a spell at least...

If you flee, you must run blindly into the mists, in haste, to avoid detection. There is a path denied you on the other side of the Witches. There is a path to your left and one further up from it to the side of the camp but still on the left! It seems the road to Bree may have to wait!

DIRION: You hear sounds through the fog and close in, suspecting grave robbery. However as you see a shape forming, low to the ground, you find a shallow open grave, and up to his waist in it, a mangy goblin, bent over, chattering to itself. " I'll finds it... I'll finds it..."

It will cost one Sword to slay the Goblin. You can easily walk on, it wont notice you. There are paths directly to your left and to your right, and ahead is a trail of some sort, broken down and disused, winding into the coiling vapours...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Taranuen
04/Jun/2010, 04:40 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords 2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance 9 / Searches 3 / Treasures &amp; Value 0 / Items 1 (poison x 1)<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Suddenly the ground beneath her feet gave in. Eirien could hear a heart’s startled cry before she found herself sitting in a shallow pit. Cold shivers ran up and down her spine when she realized what the earth hid, and she tried to move as carefully as she possibly could to not get tangled up with anything unpleasant. The dirt she felt with her hands was moist, and she wrinkled her nose. She did not want to discover what may have lived in it, so close to a corpse.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">She attempted to climb up, but ceased moving when something hard and smooth, almost glassy, hit the side of her hand. She paused to examine the spot better. A moment later she was holding a small bottle in her hands. She blew gently at it to dust it off, and did her best cleaning the etiquette with careful brushes of her fingertips. The cursed fog was all around her, still, and did not let much nightly light to her, but reflected enough moonlight for her to see the crossed bones as the label on the bottle. It was poison. She brought the item under her nose, but could not separate any kind of smell coming from under the cork, not even a faint scent. That was good, it meant that the bottle was not broken and the cork was keeping the liquid nicely inside.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">She would examine the poison better in daylight. Now she worked her way out of the pit and had herself standing on solid ground again. She spent a good while listening to the surroundings, cursed the fog once more for blinding her so thoroughly, and corrected the shields’ position on her back: one of them did not feel right. She brought it in front of her, and did not have to spare a long moment for thorough inspection: it had bent and almost broken into two halves. It was useless, only needless extra weight for her now, so she placed it in the tomb she had fallen in, and left it there.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Where to next? Straight ahead.Edited by: Eirien

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 04:44 PM
EIRIEN: You bravely move on, dusting yourself off and ready to continue. The all consuming fog makes visibility near nil, and so it is a shock when out of the ether you find yourself standing before one of the largest standing stones you have ever seen!

All is quiet around the area, there is passage through the coiling fog to your right, and straight on. But what do you do?

Raven
04/Jun/2010, 04:47 PM
swords - 2 // shields - 2 // </font>will - 2 // </font>endurance - 8
// searches - 3 // treasures &amp; value - 0 // items - 0</font>
Wanderer

</font>Raven hurried down the path, hoping to at least have a good head-start if the stranger had noticed her presence. Suddenly, she tripped over something, thudding to the ground. Stunned, she lay still there for a moment before getting back to her feet and checking that no-one had followed behind. Relief flooded over her when she realised the stranger must have gone another way. She turned to survey the clearing she had fallen into. A barrow lay before her, surrounded by eroded, mossy stone...dark, yet inviting...she gulped. At least no other travellers would find her underground...

She reached down to touch the swords she carried, one at either side, reassured by their presence, and entered the barrow.
</font>

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 05:08 PM
RAVEN: You journey in under the hanging roof, to find crumbling stone step that lead down into the earth, and the gloom. You find enough wood that you can make a torch of sorts, though it requires all your skill to do so. Using this brand to light your way, knowing it will not last forever, you trek down. At the bottom of the steps you find a vast chamber, over sixty feet in width and length, with broken doorways in arched columns under old old stone. Two doorways to your left, one near and one far, two more to your right, one near and one far, and a double door ahead on the left with a peephole at eye level. Two small sunken arches amidst fallen masonry are straight ahead, side by side. You could pass through either the one on your left hand side or right hand side, should you choose to stand before them. The stairs descend mid chamber however, and behind them is a wide open space filled with shadow. Across from that a final, broken door in a large doorway.

The floor is littered with debris, and there are two old chests. One with a leaf design on the lid and the other a darker wood, with a symbol of a star upon it.

There are 50 Gold Coins scattered about the chests, glinting in the light of your torch.

With so many options, what will you do?

Dirion Telpelen
04/Jun/2010, 05:11 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 8
//Searches : 2 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 1-Lembas
Defender
of the
Tombs

"Vile creature," he thought as he watched it dig with dagger-like fingers. There we much larger beasts in these barrows and felt it beast to leave it undisturbed. Most graves out here were picked over ages ago and not likely to contain more the an uneasy specter.

Dirion decided to skirt around and take the path straight ahead</font>. He always liked taking the road less traveled...
</font>

Oro
04/Jun/2010, 05:17 PM
|Swords : 2|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 9| |Searches : 3| |Treasures and Value : 0| |Items : 0</font>|</font></font></font>


</font>
The defender of the </font></font></font>tombs </font>kept his shield before him, his hand on his trustworthy sword. His thoughts rose to valinor and to the ears of Mahal himself. His prayers to keep him safe and provide him strength. He had spent many a time in these fogs journeying and adventuring but had never once had he caught anything out here. The Fog had always had a mind of its own and led him to the wrong places. But he was a dwarf, stubborn and proud.

Armored in honor and morality, the knight of mahal kept his stride confident yet silent due to the fact that in the fog, vision was limited and sometimes it was the other senses that were more important at an impasse such as this. His ears heard the caw of a crow in the distance and the sound of an owl, hooting in the darkness. He swallowed saliva that seemed to built up in his mouth and felt the sweat rolling down his forehead. He would be considered a liar if he was not nervous, if not fearful. But as a dwarf it was his ability to control his fear that made him a true knight.

He moved down the path and soon caught sight of a track on the ground. Releasing his sword, he kneeled before the track and slowly looked it over. It was heavily booted and heading directly to his right. The grave robbers he had come in search of MUST be nearby. He rubbed his beard a bit with his hand and drew his sword, silently. The fog prevented much light from infiltrating and shining upon the dwarf, but his sword gleamed all the same. His prayers to mahal ended as he slowly crept on, his eyes sweeping the fog looking for the bandits, and his peripheral vision ensuring he followed the tracks that veered to the right.</font>
</font>

Edited by: Oro

Taranuen
04/Jun/2010, 05:18 PM
Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords 2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance 8 / Searches 3 / Treasures &amp; Value 0 / Items 1 (poison x 1)[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]
Eirien wandered on with her senses high. Every little misplaced sound, every little change in the unmoving, foggy air, would alarm her and make her enemy to whomever crossed her path uninvited.

Soon enough she came to an obstacle - and not any small obstacle either! It was a stone, dressed by the unpromising fog, and it stood so tall Eirien had to tilt her head backward to see the top. It quite looked like work of powers beyond hers. How had it gotten there, what could move a mountain, or had it stood there through Ages and been peeled out from under a larger mountain?

She sharpened all her senses and began to study the stone better. After a while she had located two different entrances; one to her right, and one straight ahead. Where would they lead, and which one should she take? One could not take a right without being right, right? She placed her hand securely on the pommel of her sword and began to near the entrance to her right.

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 05:20 PM
DIRION: You leave the grim bent over goblin to its pickings, and you cautiously angle around it to go straight on through the mists. The fog starts to dissipate in this region and you see black skies for a moment but not stars. Out of the thick fog onto a crested rise you walk, to discover that it is the site of a vast burial mound. Here you see the deep, ominously dark entrance into an ancient barrow. The broken entrance is held up with decrepit stone. You may enter, or circle around it, to go downland, into the lows of the downs, or continue straight on over the rise. You could also veer right, through a narrow channel in the fogs, though it appears uneven and stony.

ORO STONEFIST: You follow the tracks in the mud and find yourself suddenly stood before a looming shape. It is big and dark and towers over you. It is covered in curious runes. It is a standing stone. The tracks in the mud disappear at the base of it. It is as though someone has done all they could to disguise their trail.

Through the mists you see a trail ahead, and a path to the right. You could take one of these though perhaps you've something else in mind..

EIRIEN: You move on swiftly through the fog along a long path, lost in darkness. You move through a copse of trees and find good tinder, incase you need to make a torch in the future, and you emerge from the copse into a trail through a narrow trench that leads up a hill in the downs. You continue through the the thick fog onto the crested rise, that is a vast burial mound. Here you see the deep, ominously dark entrance into an ancient barrow. The broken entrance is held up with decrepit stone. You may enter, or circle around it, to take the left or right path, or the one that trails off into the fog along a narrow trench. Edited by: Naith Liathant

Oro
04/Jun/2010, 05:35 PM
|Swords : 2|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 8| |Searches : 3| |Treasures and Value : 0| |Items : 0</font>|</font></font></font>


</font>The dwarven defender followed the tracks through the fog, his mind racing, the noises and smells of the fog were nothing but pure spooky and the fog itself kept vision from working, except for maybe ten to fifteen feet in front and a few feet to the sides. It seemed to be a mystical defense mechanism for the barrow downs, the tombs of the ancient kings. He kept his sword in hand as he followed the tracks, slowly yet surely making his way down the path the footprints had followed. The mud was damp but not soaked with water, like the barrow downs ever seemed to be, just cold enough to cause a shiver. Just damp enough to cause the mud to squish beneath your feet. It was truly a haunting place.

But facing his fear was why He had taken up the chivalrous call to defend the tombs</font>. He refused to allow these tombs to stop him, and now he was chasing a bandit into the muck that could be anything from a man with a blade to a witch with spells or even a barrow wight that would surely kill him. He was no hero. He was not an epic warrior. He was a good warrior, scars from the Battle of the Mirrormere and the Battle of Five Armies, two of the greatest dwarven battles in the last five hundred years proving that if he could survive those, he could survive anything.

But he was not a hero, only a dwarf who was filled with fear but his stupidity, or courage, would keep him going through it all. Suddenly the footsteps vanished as if the tracks were suddenly covered either by the mystical properties of the fog, or by the bandit's learning of his being tracked. A tall dark stone covered in runes towered over him, its shadow cast out over him by the moon behind it. He stepped up to it, attempting to investigate the standing stone</font>. What was it, and where had the tracks gone?
</font>

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 05:48 PM
ORO STONEFIST: The runic inscriptions and curious symbols are myriad in this stone edifice. Aged, and weathered, lined and cracked - there is much to look upon. You find on easy inspection a LUCKY RABBITS FOOT which enables you to sneak past one enemy without losing any shields.

Then you find runes that make sense to you at your eye level. They are dwarvish runic and they read : ' I make most plants green and many people brown, and behind my face Dain's treasure can be found.'

If you know the answer to this simple riddle, you might be able to find a symbol to match it...

If not, the trails beckon... One straight ahead and one to the right.

Oro
04/Jun/2010, 05:58 PM
|Swords : 2|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 8| |Searches : 2| |Treasures and Value : 0| |Items : 1</font>|

</font></font></font>The runes appeared to be pictographs, along them are runes. He frowns as he looks over the stone, its ancient and marred surface blemished in places making the runes hard to read at first. Not trying to drop his guard, He stares around for a moment, listening and watching ensuring that no one will be sneaking up on him, and then he steps around the stone looking for something, anything to tell where the robber went. He saw a small white furry object on the ground and picked it up.

A rabbit's foot, to most humans was a lucky object, and it could only be a coincidence that he found one here. Stuffing it into a pouch at his belt, he continued his inspection, immediately feeling more secure with the rabbit foot on his person. It might be a sense of fate or destiny, but he felt something was going to happen in this place and he would need all the luck he could get.

Soon he came upon a riddle, to his great surprise it was written in Khuzdul, the ancient runic language of the dwarves. Destiny could not be kicking him harder in the face right now, who else could have entered these tombs and found a dwarven standing stone. The mysts had brought him here, maybe they needed something from him. After reading the riddle, his mind immediately though of the answer. He wasnt much for making riddles up, but he enjoyed solving them.

Looking for a sun shaped symbol or anything to do with the sun</font> on the object, he continued his inspection of the stone. Maybe he would find something else. He frowned, where was the sun.

Backpack:
</font>Lucky Rabbit's Foot</font>
</font></font></font>

Edited by: Oro

Pellaadarion
04/Jun/2010, 06:03 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 9 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 0 SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
Pellaadarion glanced briefly at the rune-covered obelisk, fingering the hilts of his swords nervously. The fog was coming in thick, and he couldn't see more than a few paces ahead. He took another few steps onwards, past the obelisk and was presented with another fork in the road.
The wind was chill, and ran icy fingers through his carrot-top hair, chilling him to the marrow. Taking a deep breath, he continued straight on.</span>

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 06:10 PM
ORO STONEFIST: Soon your manic eyes find the symbol of a sun, and your hands soon find it levers out easily along with a fair chunk of standing stone into which it was carved. There you find a small box concealed with a note: Dain's Treasure ~ If you found my hoard then you are welcome to it, and I hope it brings you fortune, friend.

Inside the box is a small phial of the rare MIRUVOR, which when drank replaces one lost Shield.

Also in the box, is a Butterfly Broach, studded with blue stones. It is worth 150 Gold Coins.

Now you must choose your path ahead through the fog!

PELLAADARION: You move on swiftly through the fog along a long path, lost in darkness. You move through a copse of trees and find good tinder, incase you need to make a torch in the future, and you emerge from the copse into a trail through a narrow trench that leads up a hill in the downs. You continue through the the thick fog onto the crested rise, that is a vast burial mound. Here you see the deep, ominously dark entrance into an ancient barrow. The broken entrance is held up with decrepit stone. You may enter, or circle around it, to take the left or right path, or the one that trails off into the fog along a narrow trench. Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
04/Jun/2010, 06:15 PM
swords - 2 // shields - 2 // </font>will - 2 // </font>endurance - 7
// searches - 3 // treasures &amp; value - 50 gold coins // items - 0</font>
Wanderer

</font>Scrambling to collect the coins scattered about her, Raven was awed by the sheer size of the barrow, the roof further above her than she would have thought possible, doorways on every side. She took a moment to wander around, running her hands over the ancient, weathered stone, peeking through the hole in the massive double doorway, admiring the craftsmanship which had now succumbed to the ravages of time. Letting her instinct guide her, she finally walked through the sunken arch on her left-hand side.</font>

Oro
04/Jun/2010, 06:21 PM
|Swords : 2|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 8| |Searches : 2| |Treasures and Value : 1| |Items : 2</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>The rune of the sun slid out nice and easily as the dwarf grasped it and pulled with his short but deft fingers. His grip pulled out the chunk of stone that had the sun carved upon it and he reached his hand within, not thinking of traps and the like, but by Mahal's luck and aid He reached inside and pulled free Dain's Treasure. Inside he found a phial of Miruvor</font> and a broach that resembled a Butterfly</font>.

Stuffing these into his pouch as well at his hip, he placed the stone back into the monument, and looked around himself. He now had an item of value upon himself and a phial of something worth much more than the broach. He needed to watch his back.Leaning on his shield for a moment, He lifted it back up and then pulled the sword from his sheath again.

There did not seem to be any tracks in any direction around him, He had lost the bandit. But he hoped that he would soon find him. Praying to his god for a moment, he felt a pulling sensation, like a desire to go towards the right. He thanked Mahal for his aid and guidance, even it was just his own mind working to make the decision for him. It helped for him to think it was his god.

With a silent steps, the plate covered dwarf marched towards the Right trail and towards whatever dangers or treasures lay beyond. His heart was all aflutter, today he had found something. Dain's Treasure. This was destiny. He knew today would be more than uneventful like his last outings into the fog. Today something would happen. He closed his eyes, murmured something in the ancient language of the dwarves and trekked down the right path.

</font></font>
Backpack:
</font>Lucky Rabbit's Foot
Miruvor
Butteryfly Broach [150 Gold Coins]
</font></font></font>

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 06:24 PM
RAVEN: You enter in a chamber twenty feet long and fifteen feet wide, through the sunken arch on the left as you faced them. Inside is a tomb and a figure in stone upon a stone throne, carved exquisitely. Mounted on the wall is SHIELD. You may add this to your total.

Do you wish to search the tomb, the throne, or return to the main chamber to select from the options there?

ORO STONEFIST: You walk over craggen ridges in the dirt track and through ever thickening fog, straight into a graveyard, and you see a terrible sight. Many graves have been upturned and skeletal remains lie in disarray. You see an open chest with 50 Gold Coins, and a GRAVE ROBBER stood over it, cackling and rubbing his greedy hands together in glee.

You could walk along the path to the right, through a gap in the mists to your left or continue straight on. The GRAVE ROBBER has not seen you.

Or you could expend one SWORD to slay the GRAVE ROBBER. If you do so, also choose whether or not to take the gold, you know, for safe keeping and that. Include a direction unless you wish to search the open graves... * shudders *Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
04/Jun/2010, 06:30 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 8 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 0 SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
Pellaadarion forged ahead through a small copse of trees, stumbling through fog that made the world a milky soup. He paused briefly, kneeling to gather up some dried moss that would make excellent tinder should he be forced underground and into complete darkness.
He emerged from the treeline and slowed as a vast burial mound loomed out of the fog ahead. The entranceway was ancient, and in disrepair. The ranger frowned and broke into a light jog, which in turn became a sprint as he approached the old stone door. With a crash he shouldered his way into the tomb, sending thousand-year old chunks of stone in every direction. He came to a halt within, coughing and spluttering as the dust settled.
Having chosen to enter it, who knew what the ranger might find within..?</span>

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 06:41 PM
PELLAADARION: You dash in under the hanging roof, to find crumbling stone steps that lead down into the earth, and the gloom. Running like a mad man you try not to trip or lose your footing. You run straight past the torch along your journey!

At the bottom of the steps you find a vast chamber, over sixty feet in width and length, with broken doorways in arched columns under old old stone. Two doorways to your left, one near and one far, two more to your right, one near and one far, and a double door ahead on the left with a peephole at eye level. Two small sunken arches amidst fallen masonry are straight ahead, side by side. You could pass through either the one on your left hand side or right hand side, should you choose to stand before them. The stairs descend mid chamber however, and behind them is a wide open space filled with shadow. Across from that a final, broken door in a large doorway.

The floor is littered with debris, and there are two old chests. One with a leaf design on the lid and the other a darker wood, with a symbol of a star upon it.

With so many options, what will you do?

Oro
04/Jun/2010, 06:45 PM
|Swords : 1|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 7| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 0| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>The dwarf felt an itch on the back of his neck begin to grow stronger, He frowned and kept his sword at hand. The fog seemed to becoming more dense as the dwarven warrior stepped through it, his sword seemingly cutting through the fog like a machete to allow him access through and beyond the fog. He hoped he would come upon his grave robber soon. As a defender of the tomb</font> the dwarven knight seemed to desire nothing more than to protect this place. It was built into his dna by Mahal himself.

He heard a rummaging sound up ahead and slowed his pace, staring forward. He saw a tombstone up ahead, and beyond that another. From what he could see, he was now entering a graveyard, tombstones in all directions. Quickly sneaking up to one of the stones, he huddled behind it, staring over to see beyond. Within his line of vision were several unearthed tombs and a man standing cackling over a small wooden box.

The dwarf had found his graverobber, and this man had been very busy, it seemed. Most in his situation would have snuck up on the preoccupied man and slain him before they could see, but Oro was no such dwarf. Holding his sword up before him, he looked at the man and shouted across the graveyard, "Foul despoiler of yonder graves, Turn and face your destiny. I, Oro Stonefist, with the Light of Mahal to guide me have come to end this debauchery and careless abuse of the honor of those who in the past have fallen." the man turned, his right eye lifting at the sound and saw the dwarf in a full suit of platemail with one shield before him and a sword raised in a salute.

He almost fell over laughing at the sight, but instead drew a dagger and readied himself for battle. The dwarf stepped forward, his shield first and sword trailing behind, the man threw his dagger at the dwarf and turned to run, but tripped on an open grave. Falling to his back, he felt no pain as the sword of the dwarf slashed into his neck from behind. His brainstem severed, he would not breathe much longer. The dwarf kneeled, turn the man over and prayed to mahal for his soul and then checked his body for anything. Seeing the 50 gold coins, in the chest, He threw them into a pouch on his belt. </font>

Looking around for the dagger, he realized the thrown weapon and deflected off of his shield into the darkness. Shrugging, He decided it was not his place to search these tombs, for it was his job to protect them, and nothing made him better than the graverobber he had just slain, if he followed in his footsteps. Continuing down the path, he kept to the straight for he felt Mahal guiding him straight down this path. Not right or left did he turn but continue down the same straight path. </font>

</font>Backpack:
</font>Lucky Rabbit's Foot
Miruvor
Butteryfly Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin Pouch [50g]</font>



Edited by: Oro

Pellaadarion
04/Jun/2010, 06:46 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 7 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 0 SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
He descended the stairs two at a time, quite the feat of dexterity in almost complete darkness! Emerging into a great cavernous chamber he waited patiently as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. Eventually he came across two old chests within the gloom, one inscribed with delicated leaves upon the lid, the other with the sigul of a star.
'Leave the leaves to the elves!' Pellaadarion laughed in the darkness, choosing instead to search the chest with the star motif.</span>

Naith Liathant
04/Jun/2010, 06:59 PM
PELLAADARION: You prize up the heavy lid to find within it 50 Gold Coins, a brooch worth 10 Gold Coins and a Ruby Ring worth 75 Gold Coins. Quite a haul!

Selecting from the same options as before, minus this one, what do you do next?

ORO STONEFIST: What are the odds? You move in through the chilling realms of the unearthed graves until you arrive a monolithic standing stone. It is covered in ancient symbols and elvish writings, that make your teeth grate.

You may travel ahead and to your right, past the boggy ground, or to your direct right through the coiling fogs and down the incline. To your left you see narrow ditch winding its way through the downs, and you could follow this, though it is muddy and filled with much grimness.

Oro
04/Jun/2010, 07:14 PM
|Swords : 1|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 6| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 0| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>The nervous dwarf stepped further beyond that path, his feet were covered in mud, his hands shaking from the cold but he journeyed on. Maybe it was the one graverobber who had been here, but he highly doubted it. It seemed like it had been a job for many more, and he would continue to search till he found the group, their leader, and killed them all. They did not deserve mercy, his warped view of honor needing them to die to repay the poor souls whose graves had been defiled.

He looked up and down the paths trying to decide exactly where he was going, a wind breezed over the downs and he froze for a minute as the owl screeched again, his sword in his hand shook for a moment before his thoughts brought him back to reality, for such a powerful dwarf he was such a coward. He shook his head and smiled.

He soon found himself staring at another monolith, what were the odds indeed? He stepped up to the great monolith, throwing his shield over his shoulder and sheathing his sword. Mahal gave him a feeling of security that gave him a great sense of sanctuary at this moment. He did not feel he would be attacked. Mahal did not state that there would be a trap on the monolith.

He began to search the monolith</font>, his dwarven eyes looking for mechanisms or even reading the elvish, as an older dwarf who had been through Rivendell many a time on his trips from the Ered Luin to the Dwarves of the Iron Hills and Erebor, he had picked up on quite a bit of elvish. Searching the monolith for a riddle or sign of what this one was about, he wondered if it was like the last, with a hidden compartment. He looked around to ensure that noone was around watching and then looked up and down the entire stone for any sign of treasure.
</font>
</font>Backpack:
</font>Lucky Rabbit's Foot
Miruvor
Butteryfly
Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin
Pouch [50g]</font>

Edited by: Oro

Raven
04/Jun/2010, 07:37 PM
swords - 2 // shields - 3 // </font>will - 2 // </font>endurance - 7
// searches - 3 // treasures &amp; value - 50 gold coins // items - 0</font>
Wanderer</font>

Lifting the heavy shield from the wall, Raven straps it to her back and then approaches the statue. It is slightly worn, but the skill of the mason is still evident in its beautifully carved features. She runs her hands over the cold stone, searching the statue for any hidden treasures or secrets.
</font>

Turin Ringhûn
04/Jun/2010, 09:42 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>&lt; 1 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt; 9Endurance&gt;&lt; 2 Searches &gt;&lt;0 ITEMS &gt;&lt; 0TREASURES &gt;&lt; 1 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>

<DIV>Turin's strike landed just at the right time. He saw the witch's mouth begin to form words, but the blade halted any encantations that she attempted to cast. "Good riddance. Now, what were you doing here? he mumbled. He began to search the place, taking keen notice to the cauldron. "I wonder what all she had here. There has to be a few goodies for her to be here. Then again, she might've just been trying to prepare for traveling further into the downs." he thought. He walked around the place checking under things and around corners. One never knewwhere items could be hidden.
<DIV>
<DIV>The fog hindered a bit, as he tripped over rocks here and there, but he wanted to be thorough in his search. Only then would he continue on. He knew now, since he ran into a witch, that there were others there. But would they all be enemies? Are any friends?

Dirion Telpelen
04/Jun/2010, 10:26 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 7
//Searches : 2 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 1-Lembas
Defender

of the
Tombs

He was pleased to have passed the goblin without incident. The damp of the fog chilled to the bone. There it was again, bones. He tried to think of something warm, a girl perhaps, yes. His mind drifted back to a lost love and a warm embrace. He smiled for a moment before he noticed the clearing mist and pitch sky.

A barrow entrance stared at him blankly, indifferent to his intentions. Looking past his noticed another pass, rocky and tricky. The rocks could signal a larger structure and think this to be so he moved on, veering to the right and through the narrow channel</font>.
</font>

Nienna
05/Jun/2010, 05:18 AM
Swords </span>- 2
Shields
- 2
Will - 2
Endurance - 9
Searches - 3
Treasures and
Value - 0
Items - 0

Wanderer

Lightheartedly she wandered as the mists drew closer and formed figures, wavey and torn by the gentle breezes.
Figures that dissolved again to veils of grey passing by but not that deeper, darker thing on the right of her slowly solidifying to something more real. And old woman, it seemed, stood there, all of a sudden, reaching out with her hand to beg, to grope, to hinder her from wandering on.
Nienna stopped and as that hag lifted her gaze she saw green eyes, shining like green embers and a crooked smile, flashing black teeth and that thrust out hand was a claw.
Nienna turned left and fled, blind to where that path might lead. The mists embraced her again but a strange whisper from dry, black lips rang in her ear while she ran.

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 11:20 AM
ORO STONEFIST : You conduct another search. This is the second standing stone you have discovered in the Barrow Downs. As you scour the site you find a discarded item in the long grasses. It is a LOCKPICK and this item allows you to unlock any one locked door or chest.

You also find that some of the elvish lettings for a riddle: Pulled by a night pearl, I bow politely and slowly straighten up twice a day.

You may answer this riddle, or simply move on. Left, right or through the tongue in the mists straight ahead.

RAVEN: You search the statue and immediately find a discarded TORCH Wights don't like the light so will avoid torch bearers, but beware, torches are only good for 3 endurance expenditures.

Your fingers fumble a catch on the ringed hand of the carven stone. cracks appear in the lap of the stone King here where he sits. The thighs lift up to reveal a hidden compartment. Inside you discover a NUMENOREAN DAGGER: This long dagger is demasked with serpent forms and has the value of 3 SWORDS. When used against anything that costs one or two swords to slay, the Dagger remains intact. You lose the dagger should you use it to kill an enemy that costs three swords to slay. Should you wish to sell the dagger at any point after this game, it is worth 300 Gold Coins. If you do not wish to retain it for future games, say so after your game is over and 300 will be added to whatever you treasure total is, when you trade it in at Bree.

TURIN: You discover in the bag of the Witch of the Covens an old phial of a deadly pungent liquid. It is still strong after all these years. The label has a faded skull and crossbones on it.

This is POISON. Game rules for poison are as follows: If you choose to coat a blade with Poison it instant kills any opponent regardless of their Shield strength, with the exception of undead. In your combat post, when you use it, simply apply it to your blade and attack as normal. The poison is good for a single use only.

Also in the bag is a potion, and this is a potion of GLIBTONGUE. Should you be stumped by a riddle or otherwise unable to fast talk your way out of a situation the glib-tongue potion is good for one use, and you may continue as if you successfully answered said riddle.

You may now take the left or the right path, or continue in what appears to be tunnel through the fog before you...

DIRION: You work your way along the stony crevice of the path your have chosen, following its downward gradient into the darkness. Scrabbling over rocky protrusions your blood is chilled when you are ambushed!

WILDMAN: The wild man with long hair and hate in his eyes attacks! You can slay the wild man if you have two swords and wish to use them, or you can flee, but fleeing will cost you an endurance for the move, and a SHIELD in defence.

Should you flee, you go either left or right of the stony pass.

NIENNA: Heart racing you flee the evil Witch of the Coven but as you run into the fog she points her finger at you and casts a terrible spell of weakening. You lose one Endurance.

In addition remember to deduct endurance.

As you flee through the fog - blind to any danger ahead - you stumble into the cairn of rocks a WILDMAN has made for his fire. He leaps up to attack!

The wild man with long hair and hate in his eyes wants to cook you up for breakfast! You can slay the wild man if you have two swords and wish to use them, or you can flee, but fleeing will cost you an endurance for the move, and a SHIELD in defence.

You may flee to your right only...

IMPORTANT NOTE: Drifa walked in the direction of the downs but business elsewhere led her to change direction and pass them by! They looked too foggy for her! Hence she will not be participating in the game. Maybe next time Drifa! The Fogs await...

Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 02:23 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 7 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 2</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
Fifty gold coins, a brooch, and a ruby ring! All contained within the chest. Quite the find for the ranger, who quickly forgot his task of defending the tombs as he stuffed his pockets full of booty!
'Praise the Valar,' he yelled into the gloom, 'I'm bloody rich'
He looked again at the second chest, the one with the delicate leaf scrollwork on the lid. He had struck gold once, why not again? He reconsidered after a moment, best not to risk it, who knew what traps and poisons might lurk in that elven trunk.
The chamber was vast, and Pellaadarion was presented with many options. He ignored the small archways, which were partially blocked by fallen rubble. Instead he made for thefinal, broken door in the large doorwayat the end of the hall. He assumed that this would lead deeper into the tomb, and perhaps toward the main burial chamber...</span></span></span>

Olwen
05/Jun/2010, 02:30 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Swords : 2 //Shields :2 //Will : 2 //Endurance : 10 //Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the Tombs
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Taking the path Straight Ahead, Tinuviel peered through the mist, attempting to find her way towards the downs. She had long learnt that the best way about it was to take the path ahead of her - it would soon lead to the downs anyway; all paths did. Taking a deep breath, she strode on, sumonning as much courage as she could. Despite beingonly a Hobbit, Tinuviel considered it her duty to defend these tombs from the strange folk who came to plunder and dessecrate the final resting place of the dead (though she knew that, for some, there was no rest to be had). She had been taught from a young age that it was important to respect the dead, and so she came to the downs to do just that.Edited by: Tinuviel

Raven
05/Jun/2010, 02:37 PM
swords - 2 // shields - 3 // will - 2 // endurance - 7 // searches - 3 // treasures - 1 // items - 0
Wanderer
</font>
Feeling something prick her finger as she reached into the hidden compartment, Raven gasped and pulled her hand back. Wiping her bloodied finger on her tunic, she reached in carefully with her other hand, and retrieved an intricately carved dagger, snakes etched into its length. She admired it for a moment, watching the faint light glint off the blade, before shoving it into the top of her boot. Picking up a torch that lay nearby, she went to investigate the tomb in the far corner of the room.

Items:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Coin Purse (50g)
Torch (3 endurance remaining)
</font>

Edited by: Raven

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 03:11 PM
PELLAADARION: You walk over to the door that was out of sight, it's dull shape outlined in the gloom. You walk through into an L shaped corridor that turns right after fifteen feet. In this passage you must feel your way since it is so very dark. To the left is a broken door, in an archway, and ahead of you is a closed door, covered in Adunaic inscription.

What do you do?

TINUVIEL: You walk through the thick fog, and all of a sudden the spectral hands of the vapours open up before, long tendrils of it hanging and shrouding the rise you stand upon. In this rise there is a barrow, an ancient of tomb of those who gave their lives long ago in the war against the Witch King and his forces. You see the overhangig ceiling of a cavern and steps leading down.

You may either enter the barrow, or you may take one of the three paths away from the site. Left, right or straight on, through the night and the fog...

RAVEN: A gold chain rests around the carving on the tomb, as if placed lovingly long ago. It is worth 50 Gold Coins. You hear sounds emanating from the chamber in your wake...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 03:18 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 6 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 2</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
The ranger felt his way through the darkness, which was black as pitch. His hand dragged against the rough stone of the right-hand wall, and so he completely missed the broken door to the left. Instead he came presently to a closed door, which was covered in what felt like runes.
The red-headed ranger cast his fingers across the stone, like a blind man reading braille.
'Andûnaic,' Pellaadarion murmured, '<cite>Ni-bêthi zâir anNi, kâ bâ ki-sâphdi ya</span></cite>!'
He chose to search the door, his fingers seeking out any cracks that might indicate a join or hinge. Likewise he felt the stones blocks around the archway, looking for any hidden switches or levers that might allow him to progress further.<cite>
</cite></span>

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 03:24 PM
PELLAADARION: Your hands trace letters and it takes an age for you to decipher them in the dark. Meanwhile you discover a key hole but with no key this helps you not!

" I count time in circles, I have no voice, and yet I whisper to thee in the breeze.."

This puzzling quandry aside, you find nothing. You could return to the main chamber, you could take the door to your left, or perhaps you've something else in mind!Edited by: Naith Liathant

haldred
05/Jun/2010, 03:28 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Swords : 2 Shields : 2 Will : 2 Endurance : 10 Searches : 3 Treasures and Value : 0 Items : 0
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">As a WANDERER,He walked aimlessly down this bracken path noticing the thickening fog he began to wander were he was headed and what lays in his path. With squinted eyes he looked around and saw a path to his left and right. Not being able to see any features as to the best way to go he decided follow the path STRAIGHT AHEAD. All the time pondering on is desition to carry on straight ahead. Was this the right choice to make or not? Only time will tell for this young wanderer.

Raven
05/Jun/2010, 03:32 PM
swords - 2 (5) // shields - 3 //
will - 2 // endurance - 7 // searches - 3 //
Wanderer
</font>
As Raven lifted the heavy gold chain from the tomb, she felt a shiver through the air. There was a noise, starting at the edge of her hearing but rapidly becoming louder and louder. She squeaked, backing away from the tomb as quickly as she could, then turned and fled from the room, cursing herself for becoming lost in this forsaken place. What good would all these shiny things be if she could never take them home? Coming back to the main chamber of the barrow, she decided to try the sunken arch to the right this time.

Items:
Numenorean
Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Gold Chain (50g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Torch (3 endurance
remaining)
</font>

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 03:35 PM
HALDRED ( Herion & Emora also ): You join two others at the following site and you are under Parley! Approaching from different directions you crest a rise to discover the skeleton of a man half submerged in the beaten earth. There are paths from this rise, straight over it, or to the left of it, and to the right. PARLEY: You may wish to team up, or roleplay your encounter. If you team up, it costs only one of you endurance to move players along, but all treasure must be divided. Damage from traps is taken together, damage from enemies will be appointed to the member of the team who did not post the move. The one who posts the move is the one who loses the endurance point. So that is kind of fair. If three of you team up then the person posting takes the damage!

Any of you may move on at any time breaking the partnership.

Or you may wish to attack the other person. If so you would need to declare how may swords you use. The target loses that many shields. In this way no player can be taken out of the game at this stage by another. Not in this parley.

After attacking, you must await the next prompt before moving on or choosing another option. You cannot simply attack & leave in the same post. Your opponent might be fortunate enough to be online before your next prompt is up, and attack you right back!

Feel free to ignore Parley altogether and simply move on. Doing so expends endurance like any other move, but it avoids a conflict.

You may also expend a search on the skeleton.

RAVEN: As you move to the sunken arch on the right, your initial brand gutters out. You must light your torch or continue in darkness!

Your eyes have not adjusted to the gloom yet, in this new chamber. Let me know if you light your torch or not.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 03:44 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 6 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 1</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
Pellaadarion mulled over the riddle briefly.
'Counts time in circles?' he mused, 'A sundial perhaps? Or the rings of a tree?'
He screwed up his face and considered it really, really hard. One could almost hear the cogs turning, the gears whirring within his skull. Eventually he spoke.
'Damn and blast!' he sulked, kicking out at the door in frustration.
He stubbed his toe.
He turned and retraced his steps, this time brushing against the opposite wall. And so he did encounter the lesser of the two doors. He chose to take the door to his left.</span>

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 03:49 PM
PELLAADARION: As you turn to take the door to the left, in your wake you hear a rumbling sound of ominous clarity! You glance over your shoulder to see that there is a deeper darkness where once the door stood and blast of musty cold air hits you as though the earth within exhaled.

You may continue on your journey, or head through into the tunnel beyond the previously locked door. Something you said, perhaps?

Raven
05/Jun/2010, 03:52 PM
swords - 2 (5) // shields - 3
//
will - 2 // endurance - 6 // searches - 3 //
Wanderer
</font>
As her torch sputtered out, Raven was plunged into darkness. Suddenly everything seemed...closer, like something was waiting just behind her, ready to attack. Shuffling her feet about nervously, Raven waited as long as she dared to see if her eyes would adjust to the darkness, torches being a precious resource underground. The quiet keening noise continued from the room she had fled from.

Still, everything was dark. Not a sliver of light entered the room. Raven pulled her last torch from her pack and lit it, and in the new flood of light surveyed the chamber she now found herself in.

Items:
Numenorean
Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Gold Chain (50g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Torch
(lit, 3 endurance
remaining)</font>

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 03:55 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 5 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 1</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
A rumbling of ominous clarity, like rolling thunder on a summer eve! A shadow appearing within shadow where once stood a door!
'Wha...' the ranger croaked in surprise, 'The riddle perchance? Did I break the spell upon the door? Or was it just rotten enough to crumble at the slightest touch? Worth a bruised big toe in any case I reckon!'
He turned again, ignoring a sudden bout of dizziness brought on by spinning like a top. With a hop, skip and a jump, he passed beyond the previously locked door.</span>

haldred
05/Jun/2010, 03:56 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Swords : 2 Shields : 2 Will : 2 Endurance :9 Searches : 3 Treasures and Value : 0 Items : 0
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">As the wanderer followed his choosen path he came across two strangers but not taking much notice of them he continuedon his path but in the corner of his eye he noticed a half buried skeleton. being of a curious nature he decided to SEARCH THE SKELETON. He wasn't sure why he was searching the skeleton but but somehow knew there was something about it that struke his curiousity. why was it half buried? what happened to this man or woman? was there a clue as to were the path led? he did'nt know the answer to any of these questions YET.

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 03:59 PM
RAVEN: As the flame burns into life, you recieve a fright! Outlined briefly is the ghostly undead horror of a BARROW WIGHT - it was reaching for you, with its endurance sapping touch. Now you lose one Will only, as the light sends it running for the darkness. It flees passed you, or tries to. You could attack it!

BARROW WIGHT : Touch drains 2 Endurance. Defence 3 Shields.

It will cost you your Numenorean Dagger to slay it, but the return is you gain 3 Experience Points which can later be spent on improvements.

Or you can let it go, to continue investigating the new chamber...

You see in the chamber three solid caskets and one tomb. By the tomb is a sword.

PELLAADARION: The double doors before you come as a surprise, and they are not locked but warded. The seal on them can only be broken by answer the riddle, you decipher the wording by tracing the lines of the writing on the door.

When my lord brings me inside
Within a leather coat I hide.
But naked I dance upon the field
In summer sun or winter cold

If you cannot pass the wards, you must return whence you came and make a new choice!

HALDRED: Ignoring the bystanders you stoop to examine the skeleton lying in the turf. Around its decayed neck is a gold chain hidden in filthy rotting rags of clothes. It looks to be worth 50 Gold Coins and you may take it.

The paths through the fog are unclear. It seems there may be passage to the right and to the left, and through the wispy vapours down the rise ahead...
Edited by: Naith Liathant

Turin Ringhûn
05/Jun/2010, 04:04 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>&lt; 1 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;8Endurance&gt;&lt; 2 Searches &gt;&lt;2 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue&gt;&lt; 0TREASURES &gt;&lt; 1 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>

<DIV>Under everything Turin looked, but nothing was found. "Maybe I should lok on her. She might have something in one of those bags." he mumbled to himself. And alas, she did. A vial of poison, and some other potion. "Is this what I think it is?" he said when he looked at it. carefully opening it, he took a wiff. "It is!!" he said as he sealed it back up. Fastening the bag to his hip he chuckled. "Now to figure out where else to go. I came from there, but that would be pointless to go back the way I came. So ..." he looked about. He had a path to the left and right, or a tunnel ahead. "I wonder ..." he mumbled.
<DIV>
<DIV>Taking a deep breath, he sighed and took one more look around. I'll go that way. Maybe there'll be less fog. Then I can be a little less anxious." With that, he took steps taking him through the tunnel.Edited by: Turin Ringhûn

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 04:11 PM
TURIN: You enter the tunnel through the fog and darkness closes in.. It is cold and damp and it feels as though spectral hands are reaching for you as you pass through strands of thin gossamer.

The tunnel opens up and you stand entrenched before a hilly crest in the downs, staring into the maw of a large and cavernous barrow. There are steps down into deeper darkness...

You feel you might be able to climb the burial mound and continue. Expend double the Endurance to do this, since it is an arduous task that will sap your strength.

You can retrace your steps to the Witches camp at normal endurance cost.

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 04:14 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 4 WILL: 2TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 1</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
'"When my lord brings me inside
Within a leather coat I hide.
But naked I dance upon the field
In summer sun or winter cold."</span>



</span>A cunning riddle, and almost beyond the ranger's ken, for his mind was that of a literal man, who read little and drank often. He considered it briefly, his left hand falling to the pommel of his sword, as was his habit. He fidgeted in the darkness, his fingers creeping down the hilt, tracing the length of the cross-guard, and then finding the scabbard below.</span>
</span>'Scabbard...' Pellaadarion said aloud in a rare eureka moment, 'A scabbard is a leather coat that hides a blade inside. Does a blade dance naked in the field?'</span>
</span>He took a deep breath, considered the riddle a final time, and then spoke aloud.</span>
</span>'SWORD."</span>

haldred
05/Jun/2010, 04:17 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Swords : 2 Shields : 2 Will : 2 Endurance :9 Searches :2 Treasures and Value :50 Items : 0
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Haldred searched the remains of the poor half buried man or woman not sure what he was going to find.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">But round the rotting corpses neck he found a Gold chain. He quickly hid his treasure inside his tunic looking around to make sure no one saw him take it and quickly looked for escape paths. he squinted left and right through the fog and straight ahead at vapours that reminded him of the undead ghostly happenings and decided to leave the half buried skeleton to the LEFT. Ignoring the right exit as meant passing the two bystanders and ignoring the route ahead as did'nt fancymeeting with the ghosts or undead that surely the path led to.

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 04:20 PM
PELLAADARION: The door groans audibly as it slides open on a hidden mechanism. The wards are broken and you enter the Tomb of Kings beyond.

So vast you cannot determine it in the dark, you see the dull outline of a raised plinth and a grand tomb, carven of old and here lies a man of ancient Cardolan before Arnor was sundered by the enemy.

To the left is a torch set into a sconce, but it not lit of course.

Which is rather a shame, as you feel the icy touch of a Barrow Wight and see nightmarish visions! Lose 2 Endurance and 1 Will.

What do you do?

HALDRED: You move on through the fog, traversing the clammy earth, through the chill touch air. You see suddenly to the side of your path a bent up old lady, whispering soft words. She is a CRONE. The crones guard the ancient paths and will parley favour in return for answers. They can be slain at the cost of a single sword, but they never attack. Instead they curse those who cannot give answer to their riddles, and they curse those who flee them.

' If I use earth, air, fire and water to make a point, what do I be, what do I be?' she is muttering away...

Slay the crone, move along your path or the on to its right, and accept her curses, or answer her riddlesome ponderings...

Edited by: Naith Liathant

Turin Ringhûn
05/Jun/2010, 04:20 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV>&lt; 1 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;6Endurance&gt;&lt; 2 Searches &gt;&lt;2 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue&gt;&lt; 0TREASURES &gt;&lt; 1 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>

<DIV>With the darkness closing in, it was not what he had exected. The air was thick and it had a feel of something trying to grab him. "I think I made a mistake coming here." he thought to himself. "Maybe ... wait. There is a way out over there. Maybe ... but that mound is steep. And it appears to be quite brittle." "But I'll have to risk it." he said. His voice echoed in the barrow. At the sound of his voice repeating several times, it sent a shudder through him. Because of this, he chuckled. "Scared by my own voice. Now that is funny."
<DIV>
<DIV>He looked back, but shook his head. "I can't go back." Walking over to th mound and looked up and sighed. He took steps and began to climb the mound. It was damb from the fog, but he continued to climb. He had to continue, and he was not going to give up. "I killed a witch. This should be no problem. I will not fall here." he thought to himself. Hand over hand, foot over foot, he climbed.

Áfor
05/Jun/2010, 04:26 PM
Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 9 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ 0 Items ~ 0
Defender
of Tombs</font></span></font>

NPC Herion

The path wore on, seemingly longer than usual with the thick fog surrounding Herion, and he had hal a mind to sit down and rest for a while. But no, not yet. He had a task today, and he would only be able to accomplish it if he pushed on until it was done. Rest was always welcome, yes, but it tended to go down better with all the work done. He moved on slowly through the fog and felt the ground slowly rise under his feet. He could not quite decide which rise he was negotiating, so he was not certain how long he had come, but that was beside the point now. Perhaps from the top, he would be able to see further, if this fog only clung to the ground, and he would find his way better then. For now, straight ahead seemed like a good enough option.

The ground rose steadily for a few more minutes, until it suddenly flattened out again, and Herion found himself standing on top of a ridge. The fog was as thick as ever, but at least now he knew his own direction and knew where to move along the ridge. After a few moments respite, he was going to take off, when a part of the fog seemed to grow more solid until finally, a person (Emora) materialised out of the mist. She did not appear to be a raider, so there was no need to talk to her. There was also no will to talk to her, as Herion preferred to go about his business by himself. By the looks of things, she was a Ranger too, so she might very well share this view of the world. Herion moved slowly a few steps backwards until her outline faded with the fog again, and she probably could not see him anymore, either. Turning swiftly to the left, he moved along the top of the ridge, trying to spot the familiar objects on his way, or at least those close enough to him to distinguish in the dim light.

Ignore parley, turn left

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 04:32 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 1 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 1</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span></span>
The Barrow-wight loomed in the darkness like an undead apparition. Which of course, it was, so it was quite right that it should loom as such. A mere touch was enough to un-nerve the rough and ready ranger.</span>
</span>Nightmarish visions ensued! For a brief moment the ranger Pellaadarion glimpsed an alternate future reality in which he was an inexpertly written character living within the southern citadel of Minas Tirith. Luckily the vision was fleeting and passed quickly.



Right now he quite fancied a drink, but unfortunately his pockets contained nothing but gold. He considered throwing his loot at the Barrow-wight, before changing his mind. Instead he produced the tinder he had previously picked up in the copse of trees outside, rolled across the rough stone floor and snatched up the torch which was set into a sconce on the far wall. Using the brooch as a flint to strike upon the rough stone floor, he produced spark, which lit tinder and caused the oil-soaked torch to burst in bright life!
'Back you bastard!' Pellaadarion yelled in terror, waving the torch before him like a man caught in a swarm of African killer bees.

Edited by: Pellaadarion

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 04:58 PM
TURIN: You crest the rise, climbing up steadily hand over foot until you pull yourself to the top. You breathe hard for long moments before looking around. There are trails from this copse of tree you lie within, leading left, right and ahead of you. In the middle of the copse is a patch of barren earth, where lies a casket of gold and a Grave Robber feverishly counting it!

You may take a path past the copse, or you may slay the Grave Robber for the cost of one sword!

HERION: You move on through the fog, traversing the clammy earth, through the chill touch air to find you are following someone elses tracks. You soon catch up with the man named Haldred! He is standing next to a crone. You see this bent up old lady, whispering soft words. The crones guard the ancient paths and will parley favour in return for answers. They can be slain at the cost of a single sword, but they never attack. Instead they curse those who cannot give answer to their riddles, and they curse those who flee them.

' If I use earth, air, fire and water to make a point, what do I be, what do I be?' she is muttering away...

Slay the crone, move along your path or the on to its right, and accept her curses, or answer her riddlesome ponderings...

Parley conditions apply.

PELLAADARION: As the light of the torch flares, the Barrow Wight in all its terror is revealed to you! You lose a further point of will but this time it does not touch you. It is heart stoppingly ugly though, decayed, tortured soul of eternal unrest that it is.

What do you wish to do now?

You see the plinth and the tomb, you seven chests to the left and a hundred gold scattered about them. To the right you see a rack on which is a spear, worth two swords, and a shield.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 05:23 PM
SWORDS: 2SHIELDS: 2ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: 135 GOLD COINS SEARCHES: 1</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
The fiery glow of the torch drove back to the Barrow-wight whilst revealing its true nature to the ranger. The fiend was ugly to the extreme, hideous to the point of ridiculousness.
It looked like Dirion Telpelen on a good day.
The sight was enough to un-man Pellaadarion, and he felt a strong sense of dismay as his will was sapped by the spiritly beast. He began to feel a bit mad. Luckily the Barrow-wight was allergic to the light, or something, and fled from view, returning to the deeper recesses of the labirynth of subterannean tunnels.
Feeling the colour return to his cheeks, Pellaadarion found himself free to peruse the chamber. He gathered up the spear, and shield, and found his mood brightened as the reassuring weight of the added arms and armour added to his courage. He also gathered up every last coin, though the labour was long and labourious.
Finally he came upon the plinth and tomb. His muscles ached and his eyelids dropped, so tired was he by his exertions. And yet he found the strength to perform one final search of the tomb before him.</span>

Turin Ringhûn
05/Jun/2010, 05:25 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV>&lt;0 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;6Endurance&gt;&lt; 2 Searches &gt;&lt;2 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue&gt;&lt; 0TREASURES &gt;&lt; 1 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>
<DIV>The mound seemed to go on forever, but soon enough, he reached the tip and he heard something. Looking below, he saw a thief. He was hunched over a chest, that had been full of gold, but the guy had poored it out and was counting it. Gleefuly. "That wrethed being. How dare he steal from the Kings of old. I must teach him a lesson." he thought. Turin reached down to grab a sword, but then remembered that his first sword somehow melted after he killed the witch. "I am down to my last sword. This is not good. But he cannot continue doing his evil. I will need to find another sword, and soon." He silently drew his sword and stalked down behind the man.
<DIV>
<DIV>As he neared, he heard the man. "Dangit, I lost count again." So he started once again. "Good he is distracted. Then I will be able to get to him before he notices me."he thought. When he was close enough, Turin pounced upon the man. Stabbing downward harshly, he tried to knock the man out but missed his target. Crashing, coins scattered all over the place, and the casket broke assunder. Wrestling with the fiend, Turin felt the guy's strength.
<DIV>
<DIV>"You die here." the man said as he pulled out what looked like a dagger. Kicking the man off, Turin dropped his sword. But he felt fine. The man charged forward with the knife. Using the back edge of his hand, Turin chopped the inside of the robber's wrist, while simultaneously he used the palm of his other hand to slam the back of the guy's hand. The knife fell to the ground. His left hand still moving, Turin bent his arm and drove his elbow across the guy's temple. The temple erupted in blood, efficiantly blinding him. Kneeling quickly, he picked up the blade and stabbed at the stomach of the robber.

Raven
05/Jun/2010, 05:26 PM
// swords - 2 // shields - 3
//
will - 2 // endurance - 6 // searches - 3 //
Wanderer
</font>
Raven shrieked as the barrow-wight fled past her, trying to escape the light of the flame. Rage welled up inside her, and she screamed, chasing after the creature, grabbing the Numenorean Dagger from her boot-top and attacking the wight with all her strength.

Items:
Gold Chain (50g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Torch

(lit, 3 endurance
remaining)
</font><strike>Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font></strike>


Edited by: Raven

Taranuen
05/Jun/2010, 05:26 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords 2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance 7 / Searches 3 / Treasures &amp; Value 0 / Items 2 (poison x 1 / tinder x1)<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<O:P></O:P>
Eirien stared into dark depths of the barrow she had arrived to. No matter how wilfully she stared, though, her eyes could not pierce through that darkness. She considered her options, all too tempted to lower herself into that gab and see what was in it. She had good tinder, which she had found on her way here. Perhaps, if she’d enter carefully with dark of the night as her blindfold, she would find something to use a torch...<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
No mind in hesitating and considering, she decided. She would not circle around the area, but enter the barrow, although the entrance was broken and promised to fall on her if she’d touch a wrong spot on the wall, or kick the wrong stone on a roll. <O:P></O:P>Edited by: Eirien

Olwen
05/Jun/2010, 05:33 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields :2 //Will : 2 //Endurance :9 //Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the Tombs

The enterance of the tomb gaped before, a starving maw, hungry for new prey. Tinuviel paused, on the brink of indecision. She knew the dangers of this land. She knew of those who had entered a tomb, and had never returned. Yet she knew that she would never live with a clear mind until she knew how it looked, how it felt to be inside one of these tombs. After all, she was guarding their graves from thieves. What harm could a quick look do? Biting her lip, Tinuviel tucked a wayward lock of blonde hair behind her ear, before entering the tomb.

Nienna
05/Jun/2010, 05:49 PM
Swords </span>- 2
Shields

- 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 8
Searches - 3
Treasures and
Value - 0
Items - 0

Wanderer

Her heart was beating like a drum as she ran through the thick fog, not watching her steps, not seeing whats ahead and what behind.
How stupid she had been and how bold to think that left would be just a challenge and that she would only have another little adventure and that everything would be well eventually.
Nothing was.
She ran, her cloak flapping like dark wings around her, her scarf slipped from her head, letting loose her long golden braid.
When she finally thought she could slow down and catch her breath for a moment, she tripped.
Some stones made her stumble and almost fall... into the arms of a Wildman, who was surprised like she was, but only for a blink.
Then he tried to hold her and force her down, his grope like iron and his breath reeking of blood and death but she wriggled loose, turned and tore herself away from him, leaving her scarf in his filthy fists, while running away, escaping to the left, protecting her back with her shield.
And lost she it to the Wildman, the hasty turn and the merciless fogs.
The path on the right swallowed her.

Pele Alarion
05/Jun/2010, 05:51 PM
Swords: 2 ... Shields: 2... Endurance:8... Searches: 3... Treasures
&amp; value: 50 gold coins... Items: 0...
Wanderer

As Pele traveled on, it seemed that the ground became softer again. Suddenly the fog was almost lifted, as she found herself on the edge of some grassy open field. She would have rejoiced over it, if not for the three elderly figures in the midst of the open space. A low mutter of voices, like a mysterious chant, reached her, and she strained her eyes to see that they were elderly women. Witches?...

Pele could feel the hair on the back of her neck rising. Of course, she could go ahead and fight them, since she was young and strong... But who knew what mysterious skills witches possessed. She did not want to be turned into a frog or such. Besides, her sense of honour did not allow her to attack old people, witches or not. Unless she caught them doing obvious evil.

Not knowing what to expect, if she would be seen, Pele cautiously moved back into the protective coverage of fog, for once grateful for it. She could take on any armed orc, but she did not desire any competition with the witches.

In her haste to retreat, the Gondorian felt somewhat confused, and decided to simply take the first turn left</font>, without daring to further approach the open space. Perhaps she would be able to find one way or another...

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 05:56 PM
PELLAADARION: Arrayed about the tomb and on the carving of the King laid to rest here, you find several items. A sapphire necklace worth 100 Gold, and a gold chain worth 50 Gold. You find a bracelet worth 10 gold and a bracer, worth one Shield.

What do you do next?

TURIN: You slay the robber and he lies in the grasses dead. He has a sword in a sheath that you might want to take, and a ring worth 10 gold in his pocket, and a some CRAM which once consumed increased your endurance score by two.

Would you like to search the chest, or move on by one of the routes outlined?

RAVEN: You slay the Barrow Wight using the dagger you found, but it shatters as it deals the killing the blow. You gain 3 XP for killing a Barrow Wight, but 6 if you are a Wanderer.

You may now take a look at the three solid caskets in the chamber or the tomb. By the tomb is a sword. You may collect this. The chests have three designs. One is a star shape, one is a leaf insignia, and the other is has a depiction of dwarven gates, like the Gates of Durin. What do you do?

EIRIEN: You creep in cautiously under the overhanging roof, and find an ancient pitch soaked Torch. This will burn for the duration of time it takes you to use 3 endurance.

You find yourself confronted by crumbling stone steps that lead down into the earth, and the gloom. Moving with care you walk down. You may choose to light your torch now!

At the bottom of the steps you find a vast chamber, over sixty feet in width and length, with broken doorways in arched columns under old old stone. Two doorways to your left, one near and one far, two more to your right, one near and one far, and a double door ahead on the left with a peephole at eye level. Two small sunken arches amidst fallen masonry are straight ahead, side by side. You could pass through either the one on your left hand side or right hand side, should you choose to stand before them. The stairs descend mid chamber however, and behind them is a wide open space filled with shadow. Across from that a final, broken door in a large doorway.

The floor is littered with debris, and there are two old chests. One with a leaf design on the lid and the other a darker wood, with a symbol of a star upon it. There are signs of disturbance, and the chest with the star seems to have been recently opened.

With so many options, what will you do?

TINUVIEL: You enter the barrow with trepidation. You find set to one side an ancient pitch soaked torch. Scouring around you can find materials to light this. It will burn for the duration of time it takes for you to expend 3 endurance.

You walk down the stony steps into the barrow of fallen Princes, coming down into a wide vaulted chamber.

You can see little unless you light the torch. Around you are certainly a King's ransom in coins however. 100 Gold litter the floor of the entrance area.

You see the dull outline of many columns. You are on the extreme right hand side of the chamber. There are three lines of columns. Beyond them over on the far left are huge gates and ahead through the middle of the chamber at its apex stands a dais and an altar, above a tomb. By the tomb on either side are large statues wielding swords. Also ahead is a sealed doorway.

What do you do?

NIENNA: You flight ends suddenly as you come out of the screen of fog onto a rise, and in the rise is a barrow. The ancient resting place of the Princes of Cardolan! The gloom of the cavernous maw does not look enticing, but perhaps you wish to explore the burrow or search around it?

You could also take the path to your left, right, or on the other side of the burial mound, running straigt on.

PELE: You avoid the glare of the evil witches and flee through the fog. Soon the ground begins to rise and you find yourself at one of the legendary barrows of the ancient Princes of Cardolan.

The maw of it beckons, a gaping hole down into deeper darkness. You could find the material hereabouts to make a torch which will burn for the duration of time it takes you to expend three endurance. Then you could light you way. Or you could just chance the gloom.

You might prefer to seek on, travelling through paths to your left, or right or directly ahead through a copse of trees.

Edited by: Naith Liathant

Oro
05/Jun/2010, 06:06 PM
|Swords : 1|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 6| |Searches : 1| |Experience : 2| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>The dwarf rummaged over the statue, looking over every inch and cranny till he came across a riddle near the base in elvish script. Translating it took a while, and while he was he found a lockpick on the ground.. Scribbling his translation on the ground with the lockpick it came out to "Pulled by a night pearl, I row politely and slowly straighten up twice a day." He didnt understand it. "Row politely" what does that mean. Staring back at the riddle on the stone to his translation on the ground he sat there for nearly a twenty minutes. Then all of the sudden, the dwarf noticed that his translation was mistaken. He quickly scratched out the "r" in row and changed it to a "b" in bow. That made much more sense, bow traditionally.

Ok, going over the riddle now in his head he pretty quickly surmised that "night pearl" was the moon and that whatever the moon affected would be the answer to his question. He sat there for a while thinking, this was not an easy riddle for him. He struggled with it for like ten minutes. And then looked back at the translation to ensure he had it right.

Now the riddle should have been easy at this point, for most individuals but Oro was a dwarf and as such he hated crossing water of any kind. He had never been to an ocean and knew not how the tides worked. As such, he kept thinking about things the moon affected but could not figure out the second half of the riddle. Giving up on that, he stood up, his hand lightly falling on the giant monolith to help lift himself up and his hand accidentally landed on the symbol for tide, in the elvish script. Pulling up on it, maybe it moved a little?</font>

</font>Backpack:
</font>Lucky
Rabbit's Foot
Miruvor
Lockpick
Butteryfly
Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin

Pouch [50g]</font>

Turin Ringhûn
05/Jun/2010, 06:24 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV>&lt;1 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;6Endurance&gt;&lt; 1 Searches &gt;&lt;3 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue, Cram&gt;&lt;1TREASURES: 10 Gold&gt;&lt; 1 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>
<DIV>The thief's eyes grew wide and then went distant. It was never a pretty sight when a person's life was taken away. Sometimes it was necessary. A necessary evil of life. Because death was a part of life. If there was no death then there could not be life. Or so his great uncle Suro always said. "Ooh, the guy had a sword. Cool. I think mine fell over here." Turin looked around, but could not find it. But he did find a chest close by. "I bet he was going search that next. As he cannot, I guess it won't hurt if I do." he thought. After gathering his belongings, he made his way over to the chest and notied it was locked.
<DIV>
<DIV>Pulling out a few needles and other utensiles he began to pick the lock. It had been a while since he'd attempted something of that nature, so he was quite rusty in the skill area. "I wish I had someone from the Muin here with me. They could have this thing open long before I could." he mumbled to himself. Several minutes went by, and he was still unlucky. Finally, he got frustrated enough he picked up the sword and bashed the pommel to the lock.

The lock popped off and the lid opened. He then began to Search the chest for anything useful.

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 06:41 PM
ORO STONEFIST: Despite the tragic error in translation, you find you have the correct answer!

As your hands grasp the symbol it glows, and you hear a movement in the stone. Walking around the monolith you find an entrance has appeared, with stone steps leading down into darkness...

You could venture forth into this curious tunnel, or you could go on your journey via one of the prior paths...

TURIN: Inside the chest you find 100 Gold Coins and a Ruby Ring worth 50 Gold Coins. The paths from this place are clear to you, but which do you take?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Taranuen
05/Jun/2010, 06:45 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords 2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance 6 / Searches 3 / Treasures &amp; Value 0[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Poison[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Tinder[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Torch (3/3 left)[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]
There it was, the torch she had been seeking. She found it in blind search, but it did not take much feeling the shape of it to know what it was. She spent a while wrapping tinder around the torch, then found a flint. Soon enough silent, flickering light illuminated the rocky walls around her, and she brought the torch just a little higher to see better. The path led downwards, broken and unsteady looking steps would take her down to... what would she find?

She planted her steps carefully and arrived at the bottom of the steps. Here she stood in awe for quite a while: there were several doors to choose from, it appeared that she had come to a small underground labyrinth. Who knew the kind of evil, devious traps that lurked in those shadowy hallways, and behind the doors...

For the now, she did not choose to move toward any of the doors, but she paced quietly towards two wooden chests in the mid chamber. She studied their design and condition first, noting that the one with a star on the cover had been opened not too long ago. Should she expect company?
She glanced round, in quiet light of the torch, and returned her gaze to the chests. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">She touched her hand to the one with a leaf design on it, and held her breath when opening the cover[/B]....

Naith Liathant
05/Jun/2010, 06:49 PM
EIRIEN: This chest was a gift from an elf to an elf friend in days gone by. As you open it and reveal its contents you find two phials of Miruvor, which can be drunk to replace One Shield each. You find four pouches of Lembas, which can be consumed to replace one endurance each. You find a circlet worth 100 Gold and a necklace with blue stones worth 150 Gold Coins. Quite a gift!

What do you do now?

NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that some players have been deducting searches for making a normal search. You ONLY deduct a search when you are told to do so, or when you are making a search specifically for concealed or secret doors. I hope that helps!Edited by: Naith Liathant

Oro
05/Jun/2010, 07:02 PM
|Swords : 1|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 6| |Searches : 3| |Experience : 2| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>As he stood up, his hand slipped across a weird symbol on the monolith, his fingers pushing in on a button it seemed when he stood up. How did his dwarvish eyes miss a button in the stone. He was dwarvish, his people had a knack for finding hidden things.

He stepped around the pillar and saw a pair of steps leading beneath the statue. A cold hollow wind rushing into the steps as it opened and causing a hollowing down in the depths. He felt a tinge of fear rush through his body, but a warmth overwhelmed him as Mahal gave him piece.

He wondered if the other pillar had such a thing and frowned, that was how the foot steps disappeared, of course. He looked around, throwing his shield back onto his arm and drawing his sword again. He saw the paths around him that could lead out of the fog, or towards more grave robbers but he was intrigued by this opening.

He smiled, it was time to venture into the deep, as a dwarf it was only natural for him to travel into the underground. He slung his pack over his shoulder, gripped his sword tight, and stepped into the tunnel under the pillar.
</font>

</font>Backpack:
</font>Lucky
Rabbit's Foot
Miruvor
Lockpick
Butteryfly
Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin


Pouch [50g]</font>

Edited by: Oro

Pellaadarion
05/Jun/2010, 07:06 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 4 ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 395 gold coins SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
His endurance was failing, and fatigue began to work its way through his wearing muscles. Weighed down under weapons and treasure, Pellaadarion slowly stalked the large burial chamber, using his torch to explore every nook and cranny. Satisfied there were no overt exits, he returned his attentions to the plinth and tomb. His eyes widened as he caught sight of a wonder thing!
There they were, lined up all neat and even like. His will sapped, his mind unhinged, exhaustion setting in, he hadn't even noticed the seven chests arranged by the tomb of the Cardolan nobleman.
He rushed over, almost tripping over his own feet in his haste to investigate the seven chests.</span>





Edited by: Pellaadarion

Raven
05/Jun/2010, 07:22 PM
// swords - 3 // shields - 3
//
will - 1 // endurance - 6 // searches - 3 // experience points - 6
Wanderer
</font>
The wight shrieks and evaporates into thin air as the dagger pierces it, shattering in the process. Raven tucks the broken hilt into her belt as a souvenir. Collecting the sword from where it sits against the tomb, she shoves the heavy stone lid off the casket with the leaf insignia.

Items:
Gold
Chain (50g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Torch

(lit, 3 endurance
remaining)
</font><strike>Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)

</font></strike>

Nienna
06/Jun/2010, 06:44 AM
Swords </span>- 2
Shields


- 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 8
Searches - 3
Treasures and
Value - 0
Items - 0

Wanderer

The mists were lifting as she stumbled onto a small elevation.
Breathe, she thought, breathe and rest for only a sort time. The air was cleaner here, fresher and a soft breeze was cooling her reddened face and weary limbs.
Brushing the damp locks off her sweaty brow she looked around to find a hole, an entrance it seemed, in the small hill she was standing on.
She slowly walked down and towards the dark maw, which was not very inviting but still maybe a place to rest and to recover for a while. And curiosity rose in her and made her step into the darkness without much hesitation.
It was damp and dark and roots, wet and hair-like and spider webs formed curtains, sticky and clingy, and she duck her head and carefully groped her way though and deeper into the barrow.
What would she find besides of some time to regain her strength to move on?

Naith Liathant
06/Jun/2010, 08:41 AM
ORO STONEFIST: You walk into the deepening gloom, but your eyes adjust quickly for you are used to being underground. You look about you having descended an earthen staircase, to emerge into a small chamber with a low ceiling that is littered with bones, and you see a skull starting up at you from underfoot. There is a narrow passage to your left that curves away into shadow. As you walk down something brushes your face and you wipe it away, thinking it gossamer - but it is no gossamer. You hear the clunk of a mechanical trap! A dart flies from the far wall and you raise your Shield just in time to prevent a swift death! Lose a Shield.

Lying in the dirt with the bones you see some metallic links, and recovering, you find these links belong to a Gold Chain worth 50 Gold Coins. What do you do? Return to the outside world or move along the narrow, curving passage to your left?

PELLAADARION: Seven chests from seven lords, gifts to the deceased. The chests are ornate and engraved with smybols or insignias. You see an ancient coat of arms hailing back to the days of Arthedain, where a tower stands looking westward. You see another bears a carving of a sword. Another is embossed in a gold leaf and decoration.Another is engraved with silver, and mother of pearl. Another has the symbol of an anvil and is decorated with runes of Khuzdul. The last two chests sit side by side, no space between them. One bears the symbol of the sun and one bears the symbol of the moon. What do you do?

RAVEN: Inside this chest you discover the elvish material of Hithlain, woven into a cloak that will enable you to slip unseen past certain enemies. Wherever text displays that you must sacrifice a Shield to evade your enemy, you may instead use the Hithlain cloak. This is a very valuable item, and it has a trade in value of 300 Gold Coins, should you wish to trade it up at the end of the game. Obviously such an item is a boon in future games however...

What do you do now?

NIENNA: Your harrowing flight ends as you cautiously begin to enter the barrow, though so noting as you do that there are TWO TORCHES either side of the entrance, and enough tinder can be found hereabouts to light them with. The Torches, should you burn one, will last for the time it takes you to expend 3 endurance, then gutter out. Beware of the dark! Your choice though on whether to light one or not!

As you walk into the barrow and the cavern grows vast over your head, you find a set of stairs that descend to your right. Going down you reach a landing and they stairs turn left. You go down farther still and at the next landing they turn left once more.

At last you arrive in a catacomb of tombs, the musty smell of dank earth about, the ancient stone crumbling in places about the barrow. Directly in the entrance chamber is a tomb, and about it stand 3 caskets. One of these is decorated with a spear, one with a knife, and one with a shield. There is gold ring lying on the tomb worth 30 Gold Coins.

There is a narrow tunnel leading into darkness at the extreme left end of the chamber...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Taranuen
06/Jun/2010, 11:12 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords 2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance6 / Searches 3
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<O:P></O:P>[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<DIV>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Torch (3/3 left)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">4 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold coins)[/I]
<DIV>
<DIV>The treasures Eirien found inside the chest were grand! For some time she marvelled the jewels in her hands, the little she could in whispery light of the torch, and then stored them carefully in her backpack. The Lembas bread she found in the same chest was a better gift she could ever hope to wind while wandering alone in wilderness. It was such good luck to find those items, but with good luck came a dangerous temptation as well: she wanted to find more, and the temptation to enter one of the silent doors was even greater than before.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV>Once the Lembas bread and the Phials of Miruvor were stored carefully inside her backpack as well, she grabbed her torch and began to consider which passage she should take. She eyed the sunken arches for some time, but got a cold feeling about them and decided not to go closer. There were so many options... and the double door with a peephole lured her closer. But no! She would first try one of the doors to the left. One was close and one was far... she passed the near door, and went for the fardoor to the left.Edited by: Eirien

Raven
06/Jun/2010, 11:20 AM
// swords - 3 // shields - 3 (4)
//
will - 1 // endurance - 6 // searches - 3 // experience points - 6
Wanderer
</font>
Raven picked up the Hithlain cloak from within the casket, marvelling at its lightness. Stashing it in her pack, she moved on to the casket with the star shape engraved into its lid, pushing the heavy lid off and reaching inside.

Items:
Gold
Chain (50g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Torch

(lit, 3 endurance
remaining)
Hithlain Cloak (300g or 1 shield)
Used:
</font>Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Naith Liathant
06/Jun/2010, 11:29 AM
EIRIEN: You walk on tentative feet into the alluring chamber. Inside is a simple tomb in a 12 feet long by 8 feet wide space. There is a large ornate spear resting in stone moorings over the carving of a fallen warrior on the lid of the tomb.

You hear something move around you and think you see a movement flash by you, and something scuttle away into the chamber you came from.

What would you like to do?

RAVEN: Inside is a brooch worth 10 Gold Coins, a golden key, worth 5 Gold Coins, and a lockpick.

Stashing these items, you hear the sound of footsteps in the chamber in your wake. You hear a distant sound of chilling laughter...

What do you do?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
06/Jun/2010, 11:43 AM
// swords - 3 // shields - 3
(4)
//
will - 1 // endurance - 6 // searches - 2 // experience points - 6
Wanderer
</font>
As she pocketed the small clutch of items from within the casket, Raven heard footsteps echoing around the chamber, followed by cruel laughter. Her knuckles were white as she gripped onto her torch even tighter. It had protected her from the barrow-wight before...and she had the cloak...she steeled her resolve, and moved over to the third casket, trying to be as quick as possible. The casket was covered with an etching of dwarven gates. She frowned. Maybe it was a sign? Moving in for a closer look, then surveying the room around her again, she searched for any sign of a hidden door.

Items:
Gold

Chain (50g) // Brooch (10g)
Coin Purse (50g) // Golden Key (5g)
Torch

(lit, 3 endurance
remaining)
Hithlain Cloak (300g or 1 shield)
Lockpick
Used:
</font>Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Naith Liathant
06/Jun/2010, 11:47 AM
RAVEN: Upon investigating the chest, you conduct a thorough search and this results with a satisfying click. As the lid on the chest pops up on a spring loaded mechanism, a partition of the wall beyond the chests opens up, revealing another chamber...

There is still sound emanating from the entrance to the barrow, and this chills your blood. But what will you do now?

Taranuen
06/Jun/2010, 11:54 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords 2 / Shields2 / Will 2 / Endurance 5 / Searches 3<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Torch (1/3 left)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">4 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold coins)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><O:P></O:P>[/I]
<DIV>It was a grave. Eirien did not have much concentration to spare for the tomb itself, though, for as soon as she entered she had a sensation of something cold breezing past her. She felt an evil tug beneath her heart. Had she just released something ancient into freedom of the present, by opening the door? Was it gone, or would it come back? Was it hostile?<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV>She shrugged one <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Shield off her shoulder and brought it to her cover[/B], hoping it would protect her from whatever blow she may receive from the invisible something. With her heart racing she waited a moment, listening, ready to strike to any little movement near her. Nothing sounded in darkness beyond her torch, however, and after a while she breathed out in slight relief. She would <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">search the tomb[/B], and then get out... <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">There was a spear in the tomb, a beautiful one at that, and she grabbed it in her right hand [/B]before further inspecting the tomb.Edited by: Eirien

Naith Liathant
06/Jun/2010, 12:05 PM
EIRIEN: The clasps, circular, are of stone - and these have the spear threaded through them with the point over the head of the carven warrior. You walk around the tomb and slide the spear free.

SPEAR OF CALENDIL: This numenorean artefact spear is worth 3 Swords. It instantly slays anything that requires less than to kill. It is only removed when used to slay something requiring 3 or more swords to slay. It's value is 450 Gold Coins and it a Quest Treasure.

As soon as you slide the Spear free, carefully angling it up and away from the tomb, you hear a sound again.

Now the weight is gone from the tomb the lid slides aside and a TOMB GUARDIAN emerges.

It will take 2 Swords to slay the Tomb Guardian, or you could use the Spear to kill it at no penalty. Or you could expend a Shield to flee the tomb.

However a partition of wall has opened up also, revealing a hidden chamber beyond the head of the tomb.

If you flee, you can choose this route or back into the main chamber. If you kill the Tomb Guardian you recieve 2 experience points and may continue moving.

Raven
06/Jun/2010, 12:20 PM
// swords - 3 // shields - 3
(4)
//
will - 1 // endurance - 6 // searches - 2 // experience points - 6
Wanderer

</font>To Raven's great surpise, she hears a faint click from within, and the wall behind the caskets opens up to reveal a pitch-black hallway. She stands, rubbing her knees, sore from kneeling on the debris-covered ground. With the chilling sounds from the barrow becoming ever-louder, Raven decides that the darkness of the opening before her is preferable to whatever is behind her, and she steps through the secret doorway.

Items:
Gold


Chain (50g) // Brooch (10g)
Coin Purse (50g) // Golden Key (5g)
Torch


(lit, 3 endurance
remaining)
Hithlain Cloak (300g or 1 shield)
Lockpick
Used:
</font>Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Arothir
06/Jun/2010, 12:41 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 9
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the
Tombs

Arohir walked into the fog and saw another, one he believed to be Aeryn, coming down the road, though he had no desire to deal with her for the time being. Therefore, he elected to go into the barrow itself, lest he be challenged by her further, hoping that the dark feeling of the barrow itself would keep her at bay, and give him a chance to defend this barrow should it need it. If he found it to be already looted, he would weep a little on the inside, for more of his kingdom's treasure would no longer be found where it ought to be.
</font>

Edited by: Arohir

Naith Liathant
06/Jun/2010, 12:43 PM
RAVEN: You head into the musty confines of the blackened chamber. To your dismay you are not alone! An Undead Tomb Guardian reaches out at you from a cleft in the wall to your right and attacks!

You must expend two swords to slay the Tomb Guardian, or you can sacrifice a Shield to escape back the way you came. You may not use your Hithlain cloak in this instance since you have already been seen.

AROHIR: Leaving Aeryn behind, you enter the barrow bravely. The overhang above your head is ancient indeed and there is gossamer and crawling insects within the deadening earth there. Lying at your feet is a fallen torch, and enough tinder to help you light it. This torch will burn for the time it takes you to expend 3 endurance. After that it will gutter out. Do you light it before you head in, or are you happier letting your eyes adjust to the terrible gloom?

Note this is a decision within a location, so your choice costs no endurance.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Pellaadarion
06/Jun/2010, 01:07 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 4 ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 395 gold coins SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
He cast the torch across the lids of seven chests, revealing finely carven designs, a different design for each lid. A westward tower, a sword, a gold leaf, silver and pearl and an anvil complete with Khuzdul runes. The last pair were pushed together, with symbols of sun and moon.
'Sun and moon,' Pellaadarion breathed, 'Anor and Ithil. Anarion and Isildur.'
Surely this was not their tomb, but perhaps the chests were gifts from descendents of their bloodline.
Pellaadarion chose to open the sun chest.</span>

Oro
06/Jun/2010, 01:29 PM
|Swords
: 1|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 5| |Searches : 3| |Experience : 2| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>As he passed through the underground tunnel, Oro's eyes quickly adjusted to the dank darkness and his feet felt at home among the solid stone. He finally began to feel safe at this point in his journey. Not much could surprise a dwarf in his natural habitat. His eyes scanned the depths but he didnt see much down the tunnel.

He was becoming careless and as he entered a room that's floor seemed to be littered with bones of all shapes and sizes. The ceiling was low, which did not matter much to the dwarf but he took note of it anyway within his subconscious.

He saw something glitter in the darkness and stepped forward to inspect it, but as he did so he passed through a line. At first his mind instinctively thought of it as a spiderweb but his ears detected a mechanical pop and click in the darkness.

Only his fighter instincts saved him as he raised his shield and a large dart slammed into the frunt of his shield, cracking it down the center. If that had hit him, it would have punched through his platemail and into his chest. He tossed the shield aside, taking up the one from his back, couldnt wear a compromised shield into battle.

Taking up the gold chain from the ground he smiled, this would pay for the shield, if he made it out of here. He ensured there were no more traps in the room he was within before deciding to curl down the left tunnel. As a dwarf, he felt more at home in these tunnels, even with the traps and bones. He shrugged, held his shield up, and kept on the left tunnel </font>hoping to find what he was looking for.
</span></font>

</font>Backpack:
</font>Lucky
Rabbit's Foot
Miruvor
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly
Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin



Pouch [50g]</font>


</span>

Naith Liathant
06/Jun/2010, 02:12 PM
PELLAADARION: You hear the tell tale clunk of a triggered dart trap! But you managed to get your shield up in time to save your skin! Peering into the trapped chest you find in it's bottom lies a golden circlet of finery, worth 100 Gold Coins!

What do you do next?

ORO STONEFIST: The passage creep it's way to the left, wending under the downs, tree roots invade and insects burrow about, it smells like damp earth soaked by rain.

Ahead in the tunnel you see a WILDMAN. He will take two swords to slay and you have but the one! You must either expend a Shield to get passed him, or use your lucky rabbit's foot to do so. Or you can double back and hope he didn't see you!

Pellaadarion
06/Jun/2010, 02:21 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 495 gold coins SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
The chest was opened with a soft creak, and deep within there was a click of a latch and the tell-tale twang of a device under tension. A small cloud of deadly darts were loosed towards the grey-cloaked ranger, who only just managed to raise his shield in time to save his skin! Had the tomb not stood so silent, he doubted he would have guessed the dangers of the trap in time to escape unharmed.
A myriad of small cracks ran the length of his shield, rendering it completely useless. He cast it aside into the gloom, where it clattered against the far wall. No matter, he had another three.
'No risk, no reward,' he said, grinning crookedly as he reached into the chest to claim a golden circlet of finery, which he quickly shoved into his right pocket, where it softly clinked against the coins and ruby-ring already placed there.
He moved on, and chose to open the moon chest.</span>

Oro
06/Jun/2010, 02:25 PM
|Swords
: 1|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 4| |Searches : 3| |Experience : 2| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>The dwarf heard the tell tale sounds of movement and grunting down the hallway. He slowly moved up to the edge of the tunnel and peered around the corner. Before him was a wildman. He saw the crazed look in the mans eyes and the anger in his step. He was looking for something, and maybe it was the grave robbers as well. This man was not one of them. Oro felt no qualms with him.

Knowing that if he stepped into the chamber without sneaking around, the Wildman would attack and fight him and in his current tired and light equipment state, that might not end well for Oro. He was a fighter and a proud dwarven one at that, but the man had all the advantages in this fight. Oro knew it would not end well, and he was not too proud to sneak past the Wildman.

In full plate armor, the dwarf took hold of his lucky rabbits foot, and snuck past the wildman, his feet lightly touching the surface of the ground as he kept an eye on the angry man with his back to the dwarf. The dwarf must have caught him when he was sleeping standing up, because only Mahal or the luck of the rabbits foot could have gotten him past the wildman in that plate armor, with the squeaking and the metal on stone noise of his steps, there was no way anything but luck got him past this point.

Having used the Lucky Rabbit's Foot he stepped past the Wildman</font>, and continued his journey into the darkness.

</font>Backpack:</font>
Miruvor
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly
Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin




Pouch [50g]</font>


</span>

Taranuen
06/Jun/2010, 05:18 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance 4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Torch (0/3 left)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">4 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold coins)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><O:P></O:P>[/I]
Her eyes widened at the ghastly sight of a tomb guard emerging. She had the newly acquired spear ready at hand,and used it without hesitation on this creature.
<DIV>
<DIV>She fought until no breath of its existence lingered in the tomb anymore. Now a hidden chamber beyond the head of the tomb had opened up, and she considered taking that route, or the option of returning to the main chamber. Well, while she had come so far...? But no. She got a chill from the new, even darker entrance, and decided it would be wiser to <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">return to the main chamber[/B]. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Once there, she headed straight in the close door to the right[/B]. <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><O:P></O:P>[/I]Edited by: Eirien

Raven
06/Jun/2010, 05:25 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 3
(4)
//
will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 6 //
Wanderer

</font>As she walks through the hallway and steps into the chamber beyond, a Tomb Guardian suddenly lunges out for her. She screams as it clings onto her tunic, reaching for her face with its skeletal hand. Pulling her sword from her belt, she attacks, hacking at its head and shoulders with all her strength.

Items:
Gold


Chain (50g) // Brooch (10g)
Coin Purse (50g) // Golden Key (5g)
Torch



(lit, 2 endurance
remaining)
Hithlain Cloak (300g or 1 shield)
Lockpick
Used:
</font>Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Turin Ringhûn
06/Jun/2010, 05:29 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>&lt;1 SWORD &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;5Endurance&gt;&lt; 1 Searches &gt;&lt;3 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue, Cram&gt;&lt;2TREASURES: 100g, Ring [10g],Ruby Ring [50g]&gt;&lt;3 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>
<DIV>The chest had some good items. More money, and a beautiful ring. "Ooh, pretty. Searching it over, he saw no enscriptions, so he felt it was safe to take. Not only that, it didn't look like any ring of legend. Placing them ino his purse, he looked around. There wasn't really anything left to do in that location. There were two paths he could take, but he wasn't sure which one. "I know there are more thieves out here than just this one. So where could they be?" He looked at the path to the left. It looked barren and smoky. The path to the right, ... pretty much the same.
<DIV>
<DIV>Groaning, he chuckled and sighed. "Why did they have to build these places like mazes. Ugh. I hate mazes." He turned to the right and began to walk. "I've turned to the left a couple times, so I think going to the right should work well enough." With that, he cautiously took the path to the right. Wondering if he'd run into any more evil creatures or people.

Nienna
06/Jun/2010, 06:32 PM
</span>




Swords </span>- 2
Shields



- 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Searches - 3
Treasures and
Value - 0
Items - 0
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

It was a tomb! Nienna walked down the slippery stairs one of the 2 torches she had found earlier lit and helt high in front of her, that she might not trip again.
Ahead of her in the flickering light she detected 3 caskets, dusty and old, but the wood not rotten yet as if it was protected or untouchable from time and decay.
There were items on each casket but Nienna did not touch them. They were gifts, tokens of the dead and it was bad luck to steal them. Where was the honor in robbing the dead? She was a wanderer, not a thief.
Nienna bowed slightly in front of every casket and said a little prayer for the forgotten souls, then held her torch high again and turned around to see a narrow tunnel to the left.
Not inviting either, she thought, but shrugged and entered the tunnel.


Edited by: Nienna

Áfor
07/Jun/2010, 07:50 AM
Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 9 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ 0 Items ~ 0
Defender

of Tombs

</font></span></font>NPC Herion

The path dragged on, with the fog barely lifting, and still no way of seeing where he was going. It felt eerily lonely here, though it was normal for the place to be lonesome, but at the same time, this was welcome, as it meant there were to be no raiders tonight. Or so Herion hoped. He stared at the ground intently, as it was the only thing he could at least somewhat see and it soon turned out to be a worthwhile exercise, as he chanced upon a set of tracks, leading in the same direction as he was going. Before long, he nearly ran into the person walking ahead of him, just as they (Haldred) stopped as he chanced upon someone.

The old crone seemed to have nothing of value to say, but her riddle was interesting, an she seemed no threat so far, so Herion decided to try his luck at it. Little did he know that answering wrongly might hurt him, though it should have been obvious to him... this was no easy stroll in the park, and neither would the riddles here be light entertainment as they were in the safe halls of the southern lands.

He ignored the person next to him, and focused instead on the hag's words. It seemed an odd riddle, and yet once the thought struck him, it seemed to make all the sense on Arda. "Earth and air, fire and water, and what might you be. Metal and bellows, furnace and water, and ye be making a point. A blacksmith you are, surely, after a finely pointed spear-tip?"

Naith Liathant
07/Jun/2010, 07:59 AM
PELLAADARION: You decide now to open the chest with the moon symbol on it. Inside it is a sapphire necklace with diamond. This is worth 150 Gold Coins.

What do you now, then?

ORO STONEFIST: You dash along the tunnel, and it forks into three. You can carry on straight or go left or right here. Carrying a sack filled with plunder at the junction is a Grave Robber! Sacrifice a sword to slay the Grave Robber, or expend a shield to run to his left or right.

Choices, choices...

EIRIEN: Using your new found spear, you dispatch the Tomb Guardian with hideous ease. Then you return into the main chamber. As you do see you hear much noice and a blood curdling shriek. A skittering sound that grows fainter.

Heading through the closest door to the right, you find tools, a forge, a hunting trophy mounted on a wall, dating back to a time before the fall of Cardolan. The tomb in this room? You are walking on it! The rectangular slab you stand on is home to the bones of Atanator, a smith and hunter.

Should you be despicable you could prise up the slab over the tomb using the tools, for there is a crowbar. You could take the tools if you wish. You could inspect the trophy, or even the forge. Or you could return to the main chamber.

RAVEN: You slay the Tomb Guardian and gain 2 Experience Points. Beyond the dust and bones of it's remains, you see 4 tombs in the walls and before each is a stone pedestal on each pedestal stand an urn. Each urn is hand painted. One displays flowers, one displays the moon and stars, one displays a landscape that appears to be the Weather Hills, and one would seem to be a painting of the Last Homely House. Each urn would be worth 75 Gold Coins - but what might be inside them? Should you take any urns, you will lose them one each time you take damage or lose a shield, for they are fragile things these urns.

You may investigate the urns, by selecting an urn, you might wish to search over the tombs. You could always return to the main chamber and take a different option!

TURIN: Your passage over the downs, through this forsaken fog, brings you to a grassy gnoll upon which is a standing stone. This ancient monolith is carved with inscriptions and runic. You could investigate the stone, or take a path to the left or to the right...

NIENNA: " What have we got here then?" Growls a Grave Robber hidden from sight around the bend. He attacks!

You may use a shield to run and flee the barrow, or use a sword to slay the Grave Robber.

If you slay him, you may search him, and beyond. You can see open double doors to your left, a series of small interconnected chambers to your right, all lined with shelves holding various items of value...

HALDRED & HERION: Herion ambles up to the crone and gives answer to the riddle while Haldred is still stood there scratching his noggin.

" Well, well, well," says the crone, though this is not very revealing. " You answer true, and must therefore be given a gift for being so enlightened!" She hands a gilt edged box to Herion. She looks at Haldred and clucks her tongue. " You sir, what is your name?" She asks.

Haldred gives his name, perhaps unwittingly.

" Ah good. Haldred it is always best to know a persons name if ye are to be cursin' them properly!" She proceeds to curse Haldred. " May your knees turn to grimsnitch and you elbows peel off!" Words to that effect.

Haldred must lose an Endurance.

Haldred and Herion, you are now under parley, but should either of you wish to move on, you can go straight ahead or the right, as the shifting mists conceal all other routes...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
07/Jun/2010, 08:58 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 3 (4) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

The Tomb Guardian fell to the floor under the flurry of blows, kicking up clouds of dust as it hit the floor. Raven nudged the creature with her foot to make sure it wasn't about to get back up. Noticing no signs of life, she sheathed her weapon, walked over to the urn adorned with a painting of the Last Homely House, and peered inside.

Items:
Gold Chain (50g) // Brooch (10g)
Coin Purse (50g) // Golden Key (5g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Hithlain Cloak (300g or 1 shield)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Pellaadarion
07/Jun/2010, 09:09 AM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 645 gold coins SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
The moon chest shuddered with a soft squeal, requiring a firm hand to budge the rusted hinges. Pellaadarion leaned back, fearing another trap, but mercifully this chest was not rigged, and he was free to reach inside and claim the sapphire necklace with diamond.
The darkness closed in around Pellaadarion, and despite the flickering warmth of his burning brand, his nerve began to fail him. Sounds in the darkness, voices in the gloom, his head darted from side to side, seeking sight of the ghosts which wandered his mind. He blinked hard, seeking to clear his vision. Eventually his senses returned to him and he moved on down the line, standing now before the third of seven chests left here in honour of the dead Cardolan noble whose tomb this was...
...he opened the chest with anvil and khuzdul runes, perhaps a death-gift from some dwarven lord of the Iron Hills...</span>

Naith Liathant
07/Jun/2010, 09:54 AM
RAVEN: Inside the urn is a Gold Medallion with an emerald in its centre. This is worth 100 Gold Coins, if you wish to take it, and note down also if you take the urn.

What do you do now?

PELLAADARION: In here you find 50 Gold Coins, a very thin chain of mithril, worth 200 Gold Coins. You find a book on runic, and a journal, of Kanlin, son of Ganlin. Apparently a dwarf who befriended Firinbar, the Lord whose tomb this is.

What do you do now?

Pellaadarion
07/Jun/2010, 10:00 AM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 1 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 895 gold coins, a book on runic, the journal of Kanlin friend of Firinbar SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
The contents of the khuzdul chest revealed part of the story of the tomb. Beneath some coins and a mithril chain were two books, one a discourse on the translation of khuzdul to westron, which in turned allowed Pellaadarion to briefly read some passages from the second book, which was the journal of Kanlin, son of Ganlin, dwarf-friend to the Cardolan lord Firinbar, whose tomb Pellaadarion now stalked.
...he thenopened the chestengraved with silver, and mother of pearl, hoping his luck would continue...</span>

Turin Ringhûn
07/Jun/2010, 10:28 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>&lt;1 SWORD &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;4Endurance&gt;&lt; 1 Searches &gt;&lt;3 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue, Cram&gt;&lt;2TREASURES: 100g, Ring [10g],Ruby Ring [50g]&gt;&lt;3 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>
<DIV>Turin continued on his way through the fog. "Blast this fog. Why does it still curse my path? DId some ancient King of old have someone place a curse that this place would ever be haunted by fog? I hope to never see fog again after I leave this place." he thought to himself. Eventually he came to a grassy gnol, in the middle of which was a monolith. The giant stone was covered in runes. Looking upon it, Turin spoke. "Alas, something I was never good with. Runes of this sort. I would see if you have a secret, but since I am not good with these runes, what would be the point.
<DIV>
<DIV>"But then again, you may hve some secret." he stood there for a couple minutes arguing, but eventually came to a consensue. Examining the stone further was not what he'd do. Glancing around he noticed he could go no further straight. "Must've found the edge of the downs. So I will go ... that way." he turned and took steps going towards the left.

Surion
07/Jun/2010, 11:11 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Swords - 2 / Shields -3 / Will -1 / Endurance -9 / Searches - 3 / Treasures and Value -50 Gold Coins/ Items - 0
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Decrepid, rotting corpses were all part and parcel of treasure hunting and despite her initial shock Surion quickly wiped the festering ooze from her clothing and climbed out of the open grave to continue her search for hidden valuables. The trail ahead spoke quite literally of death, in an Essex boy accent which only added to the intrigue. That must be where the bling was hiding, so pockets heavier and excitement ignitedSurion headed forwardup the wispy trail.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">

Raven
07/Jun/2010, 12:07 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 3
(4) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

Taking both the beautiful emerald medallion and the urn, Raven moves to the next tomb. In front of it stands another urn, painted with a scene of the Weather Hills. She picks it up and looks inside, checking for any more ancient treasures which might be hidden within.

Items:
Gold Medallion (100g) // </font>Urn (75g) // </font>Gold Chain (50g)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain
Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean
Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
</font>

Nienna
07/Jun/2010, 03:48 PM
Swords </span>- 1
Shields




- 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Searches - 3
Treasures and
Value - 0
Items - 0
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

out of nowhere, at the end of the tunnel a grave robber blocked Nienna way, leaving her no time to think but to react immediately. What had her husband told her: be calm, know yourself, anticipate the moves of your foe, go with the flow, wait, patience, watch and listen, be calm..be calm.....
Nienna screamed, drew her sword and closed her eyes. Then she moved, fast and wild, slashed and cut, pushed and flailed and screamed and screamed.
She did not hear him shout, nor groan, nor did she notice a body dropping close to her. All she did was living dream in blood and fear.
Then all was over.
Her shaking hands had long dropped the sword where she stood and slowly her heartbeat calmed and still shaking from fear, shock and upcoming exhaustion she looked around.
The grave robber was dead, the chamber, in which she was standing, lit by the robbers torch, was showing doors on the left, open and welcoming and the urge to run was great in her. And the numberless small rooms on the right looked as if the robber had searched them. What might there be treasured up and by whom?
But as she lifted her foot to step over the dead body she, by accident, stepped on one of the pockets in his cloak-like jacket, which was open and spread over the damp stone-floor, crashing something inside and almost making her fall.
Curiously she bent down to search him. His still warm body made Nienna shiver.

Naith Liathant
07/Jun/2010, 04:23 PM
PELLAADARION: You search the chest inlaid with the mother of pearl, and you find inside some carefully wrapped Cram, two packages which each would replace 2 endurance. You also see a lucky charm in the form of a sea shell. Sacrifice the lucky charm and you can evade one opponent where you might normally need to expend a shield.

What do you do now?

TURIN: As you wander off through the mists you come across a Goblin in a pit scraping away at something with its clawed hands.

You can run and pass the Goblin or slay it for one sword. Or you can turn to your left or to a forking path to the right off the main trail through the downs...

SURION: You continue along the enclosed trail, through the shrouding fog. After a time you find several small pits and a shallow trench in the earth with two trails over the downs. One leads straight on and one veers off over a rise to the left. In one of the pits you see a chest.

What do you do?

RAVEN: In this urn you find enough Lembas to replenish 1 endurance. You also find a Potion of Strength, that will temporarily boost any one Sword to be worth 2 in combat.

What do you now?

NIENNA: In his pockets you discover 20 Gold Coins, a Ruby Ring worth 75 Gold Coins, and a packet containing Cram, which once consumed will replace 2 Endurance.

What do you do now that you have searched the slain Grave Robber and so carefully heeded your husband's advice?
Edited by: Naith Liathant

Turin Ringhûn
07/Jun/2010, 04:39 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV>&lt;0 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;4Endurance&gt;&lt; 1 Searches &gt;&lt;3 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue, Cram&gt;&lt;2TREASURES: 100g, Ring [10g],Ruby Ring [50g]&gt;&lt;3 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>
<DIV>Turin heard something ahead. Drawing his sword, the one he took from the grabe robber, he saw it. "A goblin. I hate goblins. Stinking creatures, always screaching too." he thought. Tracking through the mists, he ever so slowly and quietly krept his way behind the goblin. The beast paid him no attention. It was preoccupoed with something else.
<DIV>
<DIV>"GAAAAAAR." Turin roared as he jumped towards the beast. The goblin seemed to have jumped out of his skin as Turin was suddenly atop of him. Thrusting and slashing, Turin attempted to slay the beast.

Pele Alarion
07/Jun/2010, 04:39 PM
Swords: 2 ... Shields: 2... Endurance:7... Searches: 3... Treasures
&amp; value: 50 gold coins... Items: Torches 3...
Wanderer

When Pele was sure that the witches would not hear her any longer, she began to run as fast as her feet could carry her, eager to escape from the near vicinity of such dangerous beings. Soon she felt the ground beneath her feet rising upwards steadily, and she slowed down again, coming to a stop before the open barrow.

The sense of uneasiness overtook her, as she stood and stared into the darkness of the barrow. She wanted to escape, yet at the same time she felt irresistibly drawn towards it. Perhaps... there was something she had to do in there? "A silly thought," Pele mumbled to herself, yet looked around her, seeing that she could gather up enough materials for a torch</font>. It might not last too long, yet enough to take a peek inside. Hastily she gathered what she needed to fix a crude torch, lit it and ventured into the open doorway of the barrow</font>.

She became tense and clutched her torch with one hand, and the hilt of the sword with the other, as she made small steps ever so cautiously, ready to bolt away if any trouble arose.

Naith Liathant
07/Jun/2010, 04:51 PM
TURIN: You leap to attack and slay the Goblin with ease. It was bent over a chest and had it open when you struck. You see inside the glint of 50 Gold Coins. Now you can turn to your left or to a forking path to the right off the main trail through the downs, or you can carry on your previous path.

PELE: You enter the barrow in the burial mound, tentatively creeping under the overhanging cavernous roof, until you are stepping down earthen stairs, through broken stone doors. They descend straight down and go deep. When you reach the bottom of the stairs, in the gloom, you see a double stone doorway. On this door is lettering over the engraving of a star shaped Island. It is in Quenya and read thus:

The water is my home, I become my own tombstone, my colour is my name... What am I?

If you've a lockpick you could use it here, but in any other event you will need to answer the riddle or double back and make a new choice.Edited by: Naith Liathant

Surion
07/Jun/2010, 05:00 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Swords - 2 / Shields -3 / Will -1 / Endurance -9 / Searches - 3 / Treasures and Value -50 Gold Coins/ Items - 0
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Enclosed and shrouded in fog Surion soldiered on, the chill air was creeping and clawing at Surions extremities, desperate to overpower the warmth of her body.Two paths emerged from the mists and something bright caught her magpie eyes, hidden in a shallow pit was an untouched chest, abandoned and ripe to be claimed. Dispersing the fog with a shake of her hair Surion proceeded to investigate the chest.

Pellaadarion
07/Jun/2010, 05:29 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 5 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 895 gold coins, a book on runic, the journal of Kanlin friend of Firinbar, lucky seashell charm SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
He wolfed down the two bundles of CRAM as soon as he had lifted them from the chest. For food a millenia old, they didn't taste too foosty! Within moments he could feel his strength returning, and a feeling of heightened endurance coursed through his muscles.
He reached deeper into the chest, and retrieved what at first looked a mere trinket, but was revealed as much more. He tucked this sea-shell charm inside his tunic, knowing instinctively that it was a talisman of some power, and might be used to distract a dangerous foe.
Moving on, he chose toopen the chestembossed in a gold leaf and decoration.</span>

Raven
07/Jun/2010, 06:38 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 3
(4) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

Pocketing the phial of liquid and Elven bread, along with the urn, Raven moves on to the other two urns, one bearing a star and moon and the other adorned with a painting of flowers, and upturns then, hoping to see more treasure fall out...

Items:
Gold Medallion (100g) // </font>Urn x 2 (75g each) // </font>Gold Chain
(50g)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain

Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean
Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
</font>

Edited by: Raven

Turin Ringhûn
07/Jun/2010, 07:52 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV>&lt;0 SWORDS &gt;&lt;2SHIELDS&gt;&lt;2Will &gt;&lt;3Endurance&gt;&lt; 1 Searches &gt;&lt;3 ITEMS: Poison, Glibtongue, Cram&gt;&lt;2TREASURES: 150g, Ring [10g],Ruby Ring [50g]&gt;&lt;4 EXP &gt;
<DIV>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS
<DIV>
<DIV>About the same time that Turin had sprung atop the goblin, so had whatever the goblin had been scratching at was revealed. "Ooh, a chest." he said. Looking inside, there was some gold, fifty pieces to be exact. Taking it, he dropped them into his purse and looked around. "Left or right. It's always left or right." he said to himself. He looked down thepath to see if he could spot anything ahead, but the fog was too thick. "hmmm. I guess, I shall go ... ... to the right." Following the patch, when he hit the fork he made the turn and prayed there were no enemies ahead.

Áfor
08/Jun/2010, 03:22 AM
Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 8 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ 0 Items ~ Box
Defender


of Tombs

Herion nodded slowly as he heard he had guessed the riddle correctly. It was a rather sensible sounding answer, yes, but one could never know for certain with riddles. He accepted the box the crone was offering, wondering if this was a good thing or a bad thing, but quickly decided to not bother himself with it for now. Later on, he would look at its contents, but now his task was to move on, and see to the tombs. He was going to move on, when it became obvious he would not be able to ignore the other man (Haldred) completely, as the old crone made it a far too interesting sight.

Apparently she was displeased with his lack of answer, and demanded to know his name, only to end up cursing him. He stared in disbelief, waiting to see if this would have any immediate effect, but it looked like Haldred was safe for now. Of course, half of the curse was incomprehensible, and the other half concerned his covered elbows, so for all Herion knew, Haldred could already be in quite some trouble already.

Preferring to stay out of it, and not get in the way of a possible curse, whether it was real or not, he decided to move on, and not deal with the people here any longer. He nodded in greeting of the crone, and took off swiftly on the path straight ahead.
</font>

Oro
08/Jun/2010, 05:07 AM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 4| |Searches : 3| |Experience : 2| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>As he rushed down the tunnel, the defender of the tombs knew he was getting closer to the Grave Robber that he chased. He smiled as he turned the corner and saw before him another man of ill repute. He prayed to Mahal, a mix of murmured khuzdul and thoughts drifting from his dome to the lands of Valinor. He stood for a moment and then straightened his body and cleared his throat loudly to the grave robber. Standing in his full shining glory, the dwarf stood before the Grave Robber, the robber's source of light shimmering off of his shield and reflecting the greatness of Mahal to him. The grave robber turned around and looked over, his eyes peering at the dwarf who stood confident before him and then he laughed, audibly. "You look ridiculous, who do you think you are?" and drew a sword prepared to charge.

The dwarf stood straight, his body reaching its maximum height and spoke, "I am Oro Stonefist, Paladin of Mahal, ye are the despoiler of honored tombs and the scum of arda. Your skulduggery knows no bounds, your souls stench is indubitably more rotten than the stench of week dead corpses. The greed that has ensorcelled your mind is greater than the hold of the Dark Lord over his minions. Your brain cannot be freed from this affliction and therefore you must die, for I, as an Obeliscolychny of Mahal, shall cleanse the effluvium </font>of your greed from arda, ridding the world of despicability of your greed and forever freeing the world of yet another soulless and greed filled soldier of darkness. My name is Oro Stonefist, Paladin of Mahal, prepare to die!"

He raised his sword up in a salute, and the grave robber who had not stopped the speech of the dwarf due to the engrossing quality of the insanity behind the dwarven lips snapped out of the daze he had entered as soon he heard the word</font> "Obeliscolychny"</font>, which he did not know meant Lighthouse and thus was very confused. His intelligence, dropped lower than he even thought possible by the speech, he was slow to respond as the dwarf lowered his salute and swung his sword, but the robber's blade flew up into the path and deflected the blade into the stone wall. A shower of sparks shot off of the wall as the blade erupted along its edge and Oro, his strenght unable to turn the course of the blade, could only watch as his sword shattered into several pieces along the stone wall.

Falling back, He drew his second blade and charged the grave robber. The broad sword was large for the tunnel but Oro slid the blade up and under the defending blade of the grace robber, causing the sword to push the smaller sword up and out of the way while using his strength to keep his blade along its path. The broad sword slashed into the chest of the grave robber who fought to back away, but who soon lay impaled upon the longsword. He fell to the ground squirming and shivering before the dwarf stomped upon his neck and ended his panicked movements. Oro lowered his head in a prayer to Mahal, hoping that the Wildman from before had not heard the ruckus and that the man who he'd slain would be redeemed in death by the great lord of the Dwarves. Taking up any plunder, a sack being the most part of it, from the corpse, He continued down his path, to the left, and took the sack of plunder with him.</font> But he inadvertently left his sword in the corpse, now weaponless we could only hope nothing evil lurked in his path.
</font></span>

</font>Backpack:</font>
Miruvor
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly
Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin




Pouch [50g]</font>


</span>

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 08:16 AM
SURION: You stoop to examine the chest lying in the earth at your feet. One leads straight on and one veers off over a rise to the left. You prick your finger on the poison needle trap, and lose one endurance. Inside the chest you find 50 Gold Coins and a lockpick.

The paths from here lead straight on or veer off over a rise to the left.

PELLAADARION: You search the next chest to find it is laden with two phials of Miruvor, each will replace one lost Shield. You also find a bracelet worth 25 Gold Coins. You also see a mysterious ring wrought from mithril. It is uninscribed, and without ornamentation. It's value is 50 Gold Coins...

What do you now, intrepid dungeoneer?

RAVEN: As soon as you move the final urns, the nightmare happens! Darts start flying out of walls, and you are riddled with shots at you! Yanking up your shields, you hear the sound of the urns hitting the floor, and the ones you picked up earlier crash or smash as you jump around trying to avoid the traps! You lose one Shield, then another!

Finally the darts stop flying, and you left panting and bewildered, in the dangerous tomb!

TURIN: You wander alone for a long time, growing weary. The fogs close in and bats flit over head, unseen beyond the white veil. You hear them though!

Finally you take a deep breath of surprise! There before you is another stone monolith, like a long finger of rock pointing up at the skies in sullen accusation. What do you do? Search the moss covered standing stone or head through the fogs, blindly down the rise, along the only path your feet can find, a meandering one that takes you into the unknown!Edited by: Naith Liathant

Nienna
08/Jun/2010, 08:26 AM
Swords - 1
Shields - 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Searches - 3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins, 1 ruby ring (75 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2 endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

She found coins, a ring and some food and stored it away in her backpack.
To leave at once was a strong feeling but curiosity won her over so she dagged the body to a dark corner and, after searching the cavern for more lurking dangers she found it safe enough to walk over to the interconnected chambers on the right, with the shelves and jars, boxes and scrolls neatly assorted and stored up.
She hear the soft dark voice of her husband resounding in her head: "...leave all. You do not need wealthy goods to be happy. You have defended yourself bravely and you proved yourself fast and strong, but don't push it, woman!"
Nienna smiled grimly and turned her head to see the still corpse lying in the dim-lit corner of the cavern.
But the shelves were enticing her into forgetting all dangers and advice.
Just a quick glance, she told herself, and carefully lifted the lit of the box on the shelf before her.

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 08:33 AM
HERION: You soon find the fog over the downs clears some, and you see a rolling hill and a copse of trees to its left. You can see little above you but you know its very dark now. You smell something and look to your right, and there on the rise under the shadow of a willow is a woman. She is hunched over a cooking pot and seems to have some kind of stew on the go.

There is a dirt track leading straight over the rise and you've been following it. There is also a curving trail through the copse to the left. Also there is always that box you could investigate, now that Haldred isn't around to get jealous over its no doubt bountiful contents.

What would you like do?

ORO STONEFIST: You exalt in the death of the Grave Robber heathen, and continue down the passage left. It wends though and soon you are sure you are beginning to turn straight again. You sense of direction is very good underground. You find ahead the tunnel opens out onto a chamber and mysteriously perhaps there sit two tombs, surrounded by gold coins and plunder, which amassed value 400 Gold Coins. There is tunnel beyond the chamber, leading through to an earthen stairwell. To your left is a smooth plinth of stone in the craggen rock wall. To the right is an almost hidden alcove, but your keen dwarvish eyes see the countours of the concealment, and you know there is another chamber there.

What do you do?

NIENNA: You once again heed the sound, taciturn advice of your husband, by contrary to it, opening the first box you see that appears ornate. It has opaline and mother of pearl embossed on the carvings of the lid and around the base in a curious, wave - like design.

Inside the box you look into is a beautiful brooch with blue stones that has to be worth 150 Gold Coins, and you've a dress at home that will match that blue perfectly...

What do you do? Eh? What do you do? Ho - hum...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Surion
08/Jun/2010, 11:10 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Swords - 2 / Shields -3 / Will -1 / Endurance -8 / Searches - 3 / Treasures and Value -100 Gold Coins/ Items - Lock Pick
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Poison needle trap, that most be the lowest, sneakiest trick in the book, but Surion had dealt with such before and it was considered only a minor setback in her bid to conquer the world, no wait, to discover the secret treasures that littered the Barrow Downs.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">50 shiny gold coins served to sweeten the deal somewhat anyway. So pocketing thecontents of the chest Surion decided to take the path that veered off over a rise to the left.

Raven
08/Jun/2010, 11:44 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 1
(2) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

As the darts finally ceased flying, Raven lowered her shield cautiously, watching the walls in case there was a second round coming. As the moments passed and it became clear that the trap was done, she put her shield away and surveyed the damage with a sigh. The floor was littered with shattered ceramics and darts. At least she still had the treasures from within the urns...and there were still the tombs to search. Raven approached the tomb which had held the Weather Hills urn, and cautiously pried the lid away, using her torch to illuminate the darkness within.

Items:
Gold
Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Gold Chain
(50g)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain


Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean

Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Oro
08/Jun/2010, 12:22 PM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 3| |Searches : 3| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>Oro stepped past the grave robber's corpse and passed down the tunnel into a new chamber, in this chamber he saw much that glittered and much that shimmered. He was a dwarf and it drew his eye in, before he could control himself, he stuffed all of the plunder and gold into his coin pouch and in his head stated, "The Tomb had been plundered, I am just protecting the gold and will give it to a good cause later." Mahal seemed to agree with his actions, for he felt a peace overcome his jittery self. He was feeling rather weak so he took the Miruvor from his pack and drank it down, restoring a shield.</font>

Stepping into the chamber, He began searching it and found nothing of much value, only a stairwell, another hidden chamber, and a smooth plinth of stone to his left. Not wanting to go exploring further into the dark covered chamber, He explored the smooth Plinth of stone quickly looking it over. If there was nothing to be found, He would decide whether to go up the stairs or explore the hidden chamber, but the Plinth was intriguing so he went over to inspect it. </font>

</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin





Pouch [450g]</font>
</span>

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 02:34 PM
SURION: You veer off and go over the rise to a dip in the earth, following the downs. Night has set in and you catch glimpses of the sky through the fog, as it clears here, wispy tendrils like ghostly arms coil around the landscape. You see a broken down cart by the side of a path that wends through the hills, you could investigate the cart, or continue on your path. You could travel to your right where you can see a standing stone teetering over the edge of a gnoll, trees growing around it. You could however continue on, into a copse of tree ahead. What choice do you make? Investigating the cart does not cost another point of endurance.

RAVEN: As you investigate the tomb you see an inscription upon it: Men heed my advice, but my opinion shifts in the wind, what am I?

This is written in Quenya, and adorned with symbols of Numenor. In fact the surface of the tomb is a map of that Island.

What do you do?

ORO STONEFIST: There is something confounding about this plinth of stone in the craggen wall, it being perfectly smooth and out of place. There is no inscription upon it, nor marking of any kind! It makes you very curious.

What do you do, given the apparent beguiling nature of the plinth?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Oro
08/Jun/2010, 03:10 PM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 3| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>Oro crept up to the stone outcropping and looked it over, it was awkward, sticking out of the wall for it was perfectly smooth along the wall and obviously created by mortal hands. Yet there were no inscriptions or markings or handholds upon it. Being a dwarf, this intrigued him, so he leaned forward and began to move his hands about it, his dwarven fingers adept at finding what most could not in masonry. It was bred into him, as a dwarf of the Ered Luin. He looked over it as well as he searched, his fingers and eyes boring through every part of the Plinth of stone, attempting to find its secrets. </font>

</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin






Pouch [450g]</font>
</span>

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 03:13 PM
ORO STONEFIST: This search uncovers what simple perusal could not - a loose stone some five feet from the door, that pushes in to the rocky wall.

The plinth slides into the craggen stone about it, and a few chippings and rock dust kick up. The plinth has now slid away entirely, leaving a doorway with a small stone step at its base, leading into the deeper darkness...

Oro
08/Jun/2010, 03:17 PM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 3| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>Oro's persistence paid off, and his fingers found a loose stone about five feet from the doorway, He pushed on the rock as he figured it was a button in the wall, and he heard a cranking noise and a shifting of great weights.

The Plinth slid into the cave wall around him and dust and rock flew up into the air. Putting his hand over his mouth, Oro stepped towards the doorway and looked inside.

With a look upwards, as if to pray to his god, He spoke khuzdul into the air, calling on Mahal for luck and protection, and then slipped through the dark tunnel from which the Plinth had rolled away</font> and stepped into the darkness of the new tunnel.

His adventure carrying him deeper into darkness, his heart pumping, He knew it was going to end soon, whether it ended well or poorly was still to be seen.
</font>
</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin







Pouch [450g]</font>
</span>

Raven
08/Jun/2010, 03:18 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 1
(2) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

Reading the inscription on the tomb, Raven furrowed her brow, confused by the riddle. She ran her hand over the inscription and map, feeling the rough etching under her fingers, considering the question all the while. A weathervane? It was all she could think of. She spoke the words again, louder this time, and waited to see if anything happened...

Items:
Gold
Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Gold Chain
(50g)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain



Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean


Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 03:23 PM
ORO STONEFIST: You walk into a chamber that is fifteen feet long and ten feet wide. In it there is a tomb, and two chests, wooden, with metal fastenings and supports. One has a big old lock on it! The other does not. The tomb appears to be ancient as the site, and beyond it there is a large stone doorway. It may or may not be locked!

RAVEN: You give your answer and a partition below the tomb opens up and you prise this open. Within is an ornate warhelm worth 100 Gold Coins,a Gold Chain worth 50 Gold Coins and a Golden Circlet worth 100 Gold Coins! Quite the treasure vault!

What do you now, with this new found wealth?

Nienna
08/Jun/2010, 03:45 PM
Swords - 1
Shields - 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Searches - 3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins, 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2 endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

She took the brooch when she saw those blue gems sparkling like stars on a warm summers night.
Those would match her dress. Her husband would have eyes only for her then, which was not a bad thing.
Was this stealing anyway?
All this here in the great cavern and the numberless rooms attached, did it this look like grave good, stored and kept safe for the afterlife of some forgotten princes?
All this looked like loot to her, like robbed goods. And maybe that hideous man she'd just killed in self-defence was just one of the thieves, bringing more from innocent wanderers, whom he had mugged and surely killed as well?
She shook the thought off and shrugged but did not want to touch any more of those boxes, jars and things.
There was blood on them, one way or the other.

Breaking away from the tempting shelves she walked over to the wall, took one of the lit torches, held it up and entered what was behind the open double doors on the left.

Raven
08/Jun/2010, 03:51 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 1
(2) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

The lid slid back to reveal a pile of sparkling gold beneath. Raven gasped in delight, picked up her small hoard and shoved it all into her pack, which was starting to bulge at the seams. Could they all have this much treasure in them? Only one way to find out. She moved on to investigate the tomb behind the 'moon and stars' urn.

Items:
Gold
Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm (100g) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Gold Chain x 2
(50g each)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain




Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean



Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 04:09 PM
NIENNA: You move through the double doors and you could swear for a moment you heard movement somewhere off in the darkness.

As you now stand in an enclosed chamber, its small - only 10 feet wide, and not very long, you realise it is an entry hall. There is an elaborately carved door to your left and another to your right.

Both have inscriptions on them:

The one on the left reads : The red one licks the black one's bottom.

The one on the right reads : At dawn a leaf creeper, At noon a stem sleeper, at dusk a sky sweeper, what am I?

These riddles are inscribed in ancient Adunaic but lucky for you, you are a quick study...

What do you do?

RAVEN: You find another warhelm within like the last, for it is it's twin and has the same value. Unfortunately as you take it down, you hear the mechanical sound of a triggered trap, and a blade slashes down from the ceiling! You block it with your shield, just in time! What do you do now?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Taranuen
08/Jun/2010, 05:22 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance 4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Torch [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">4 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold coins)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/I]
What was that shrieking, that growing noise? It was obvious that her presence was not alone here. Misgivings crept up and down her spine as her imagination painted pictures of possible creatures of these tombs, undead spirits she could not raise her sword against. But the continued exploring, and soon fount that she was standing on a tomb!
<DIV>
<DIV>Was that why someone - or something - was screaming at her like raging wind? She had offended the peace of a grave. Silently she groaned at the thought, and considered leaving as quietly as she had come. But then again? She spotted tools to work with, to get the tomb open. Should she? She listened to the moment, and listened to another, and then <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">she grabbed the tools. She would see what was in this grave. [/B]

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 05:49 PM
EIRIEN: In this tomb, after much despicability, what with the prising up of hallowed ground, you discover a warhelm worth 100 Gold Coins and a mithril chain vest, worth 500 Gold or equal to 4 Shields if worn. Anything that does less than 4 Shield of damage cannot harm the wearer, so it is a prized item on two levels and may be invaluable in future games. You also find a Golden Circlet worth 100 Gold Coins, in this tomb.

What do you do now, defiler of resting Princes? Your options are myriad, like diamonds studding the night skies over ancient Numenor in times now legend...

Nienna
08/Jun/2010, 06:09 PM
Swords - 1
Shields - 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Searches -
3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins, 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold
coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2
endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

As she entered the small chamber behind the double door there was a rustle, a shifting of air, as if there was something or somebody hidden and breathing, but there was nothing.
A deception of her alert senses, she assumed and while she turned to have a closer look at what was waiting for her she noticed 2 doors, covered with carvings, inscription more the like, she saw when she got closer to examine them.
In Adunaic, a tongue not unknown to her, there were riddles carved in, left and right.
Nienna read and pondered a while and then smiled and said:
"...hm...yes, the first one on the left is a kettle or pot on an open fire and the second, the right one, is a butterfly."
Her hands were touching once again the beautiful carvings.

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 06:11 PM
NIENNA: Score up 1 XP for sheer cleverness! Answering both like that!

The doors both yield to your devilish cunning, and now you might take the left chamber or the right chamber. Both reveal themselves to be lordly tombs, with the one to your left having double doors of ornate stone carved into one wall.

Or you can go back out and continue to explore the catacombs...

Taranuen
08/Jun/2010, 06:12 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 2 / Endurance4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder
<DIV>Torch[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tool Kit<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Crowbar [/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">4 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<O:P></O:P>
There were stunning treasures in the grave. Eirien collected everything she could, but got such unpromising feeling from this place that she thought the wisely thing to do would be to flee, and the quicker the better. Some defender of tombs she was, robbing them when she happened to walk up to one!<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
She glanced at the forge in the chamber, but was rather urged to back away from it than to go to it and study it. She backed away placing her steps carefully, preparing to face an unidentified spirit or beast in the main chamber. She rested her hand lightly on the pommel of her sword, made it to the main chamber and looked around. She would soon leave this place, but not before she had seen what was behind the double door ahead on the left, with a peephole at eye level.
<DIV>
<DIV>She walked up to the double door, and just when she placed her hand on it, her torch died... and all light was dark.Edited by: Eirien

Naith Liathant
08/Jun/2010, 06:18 PM
EIRIEN: As you creep into the main chamber, and walk up to the double door with its peephole, you feel a sudden chill and hear a hideous and horrible laughter. Then a chill touch hand reaches out to you and you are under attack!

It is a BARROW WIGHT. It takes 3 swords to kill a Barrow Wight which you dont have. You could use the Spear of Calendil though such an impact would destroy both Wight and it! You could take the damage which is 1 will and 2 Endurance!

If you take damage, post your next action as an attempt to flee along with direction...

Surion
09/Jun/2010, 04:29 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Swords - 2 / Shields -3 / Will -1 / Endurance -7 / Searches - 3 / Treasures and Value -100 Gold Coins/ Items - Lock Pick
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Milky fingers of fog probed the night air, reaching out into the black landscape like creepers searching for a hold. Surion continued on her quest across the Barrow Downs, her mission had so far been relatively fruitless and her pockets felt disappointingly light. The stars shone above through breaks in the mist, like tempting jewels they glittered and shone high out of reach.
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=left marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Ahead Surion could make out the rough hewn shadows of treesand to her leftthe sleeping mounds of hills lay distant but Surions keen eyes spot something closer to hand. Anold broken cart, long unused and abandoned, her journey would have to wait for there may be trinkets of untold worth hiding in the rotting frame. So as the night rolls on Surion investigates the cart.

Nienna
09/Jun/2010, 06:01 AM
Swords - 1
Shields - 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Experience - 1
Searches -
3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins, 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold
coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2
endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

Both the doors with the cravings slid open, making grinding sounds while slowly giving way to what seemed to be tombs, luxuriously decorated with goods of all kinds, glittering and shimmering in the flickering light of Nienna's torch.
More tombs, more death, more dusty air, filled with history and decay.
Nienna turned and shivered.
There must be a way out, another way, avoiding the evil spells of witches and the attacks of grave robbers, she thought.
When she would go back to the main cavern, were there doors which she hadn't tried yet?
She held up her torch and carefully walked back, trying not to make any sound nor to trip or slip on the uneven ground.

Pellaadarion
09/Jun/2010, 07:33 AM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 5 WILL: 0 TREASURE &amp; ITEMS: worth 970 gold coins; a book on runic; journal of Kanlin friend of Firinbar; seashell charm SEARCHES: 3</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
The added treasure was well recieved, as were the phials of Miruvor.
His endurance bolstered and his confidence returning, the red-headed ranger moved forward, to the second last chest. He now chose to open the chest that bears a carving of a sword.</span>

Raven
09/Jun/2010, 12:06 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 1
(2) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

The blade swung down from the roof of the chamber, crashing into Raven's shield. The sound of impact rang in her ears as she stood for a moment, paralysed in shock, gradually fading back into the deathly silence of before. As she recovered, she spotted a second warhelm, identical to the last, and picked it up. She perched it on top of her head, hoping it might protect her if anything else fell from the ceiling, and moved on to the tomb which had once had the flower urn in front.

Items:
Gold
Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Gold Chain x 2
(50g each)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain





Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean




Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Oro
10/Jun/2010, 07:06 AM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 2| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 3| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font></font>

</font></font></font>Oro Stonefist stepped into the passageway and down the path into a new chamber, beyond the entrance to the chamber he could make out, he frowned as he saw a tomb, untouched, and two chests. One of the chests obviously had a lock hanging from it, the other did not. A stone doorway was shut before him, it too could be locked and he only had one lockpick. He decided that after checking the first box. he would probably check the door to see if it was locked.

His footsteps echoed as he entered the chamber, cautiously behind the first of his two shields. He kept an eye out for any opponents but saw none hiding within. He traipsed across the room, almost dull footed, and reached for the first chest, but held back for a moment, was this a tomb's treasure? Was he about to rob the dead/

He sat for a moment, and then prayed to Mahal for the answer. As he did so, he almost saw a glimmer from the lock beside him, and he smiled, Mahal wanted him to open them. It was his duty as a soldier of Mahal, a Paladin of good to ensure that these treasures never made it into the hands of a Grave Robber, thus he would take them and use them for good, probably buy a new sword to fight the grave robbers with.

A full circle, someone who did such work as defend these graves, would need some form of payment to ensure that he could continue, adventuring was such an expensive passtime. He smiled and reached down, his thick stubby fingers taking hold of the box without a lock's top, and flipped it open.
</font>
</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin








Pouch [450g]</font>
</span>

Pele Alarion
10/Jun/2010, 10:58 AM
Swords: 2 ... Shields: 2... Endurance:7... Searches: 3... Treasures
&amp; value: 50 gold coins... Items: Torches 3...
Wanderer

Pele found her way through the broken doors of the barrow and ever so carefully placed her feet on the steps leading downwards. The stairs were steep, and took such a long time to end that she began to feel like she was descending into the very bowels of the earth. Which in part was true...

However, the further way was barred by a sturdy looking stone door. Pele tried it a little, but since she could not get the doors to open, she was about to turn and walk back up. But in the dim light of the torch she spotted something written on the doors. She raised the torch to see better and slowly read, calling to mind what knowledge she had of Quenya.

"Water for home and tombstone..." she pondered out loud to herself. "It may be Numenor." Her hand reached up to trace along the engraved island. "But it is not named after any colours." The riddle intrigued Pele, and she thought this way and that, considering every place she could think of, but always failing at the mention of the colour.

She was about to give up, since nobody was here to give her the right answer anyway, when a thought entered her mind. "What if it is not a place even? But another thing? Fish, seaweed?" she thought, trying to remember all the stories about the seas and waters she had ever heard or read. Long she stood, but eventually a faint memory surfaced. "Could it be a coral</font>?" she wondered.

Naith Liathant
10/Jun/2010, 11:16 AM
SURION: Yet the cart is not so old as you believed! It is certainly an ancient vehicle and in need of repairs, most certainly now more than ever, but it has not been so long abandoned after all...

The wisps of fog appeared like gossamer weaves over it, but now you have arrived at the cart you see this is not so.

You also see the tracks of a horse than once pulled this cart, leading off into the copse of trees to the left of its position.

You see in the cart weapons and armour, and on the ground in a shallow pit, a dead man. Two dead men...

On the cart you find there are two serviceable swords, and one decent looking shield. There is a strong box under the seat of the driver's platform. Of course there are two bodies you could search.

There is also a scrape in the dirt trail that shows where two men dragged something big and heavy along the road over the downs, to your right.

What do you do?

NIENNA: Having answered both riddles correctly you decide to honour the tombs by not venturing forth into them! You turn on your heel and walk out, and as you do so you realise the catacombs extend further than this point. In fact there is an arch to your left about ten feet away, and straight ahead the passages turn in to a large chamber...

If you took this route you would also walk past a door on your right. Or you could continue as planned, to the entry chamber once more.

PELLAADARION: You prise up the lid to this chest, eagerly anticipating riches and gold, jewels and sandwiches. But instead - Inside you discover a NUMENOREAN DAGGER: This long dagger is demasked with serpent forms and has the value of 3 SWORDS. When used against anything that costs one or two swords to slay, the Dagger remains intact. You lose the dagger should you use it to kill an enemy that costs three swords to slay. Should you wish to sell the dagger at any point after this game, it is worth 300 Gold Coins. If you do not wish to retain it for future games, say so after your game is over and 300 will be added to whatever you treasure total is, when you trade it in at Bree.

What do you do now?

RAVEN: As you lament the loss of your FINAL Shield to the blade trap ( sorry if I hadn't made it clear, it could be you simply forgot to deduct it ) you move to investigate the other tomb.

" I am a home and yet a mortuary, for those who are not among the wary, with my builder I will converse, but not in speech or verse, in morning mists I am revealed but in daylight I am concealed, built by my owners utmost care, but easily destroyed, just a tear, ingrained in memory, the facts not deleted, in rebuilding the dimensions are repeated, now over the clues your mind must fly, pondering the question ' what am I?'"

If you've an answer for this, then do as you will, otherwise, you can always retreat back to the main chamber, perhaps you've something else in mind?

ORO STONEFIST: Sadly the chest is trapped, has Mahal led you astray or was the glow only coming from the locked chest? A dart flies out from the chest and you spring back, just able to block it with your Shield, which is inexplicably ruined now!

What do you do next?

PELE: You answer true and the doors swing open, to reveal a vast sparkling chamber laded with coins. You walk in and there is a wall to your right, but turning left you see the chamber is very big. It runs for nearly two hundred feet, and to the left are three large scuplted arches leading into a deeper chamber. At the far end on the left is another locked door. To the far right, beyond a wall covered in sculptures and funeral rites, is a large archway spanning over twenty feet - leading into a vaulted chamber beyond this one.

The sheer value of coins on the floor here alone, beguiles - there must be 200 Gold Coins!Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
10/Jun/2010, 01:29 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
(1) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

Reading the words inscribed on the tomb, a sigh escaped Raven's lips. Another riddle? Well, at least it wasn't a trap. She read over the words a few times, and spoke aloud the only answer which came to mind: a spiderweb. She closed her eyes, whispered a little prayer to the Valar, and waited.

Items:
Gold
Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Gold
Chain x 2
(50g each)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain






Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Lockpick
Used:
Numenorean





Dagger (300g or 3 swords)</font>

Edited by: Raven

Arothir
10/Jun/2010, 04:26 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 8
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : 0
Defender of the
Tombs</font>

Arothir takes up the torch and lights it. Illuminating the barrow itself, never being one to destroy the property of the High Kings, he still felt that if he was to do his best to defend the barrows, he had best be able to see those he wished to fight. Besides, torches noted his presence, and at the very least would deter some invaders or even attract them, saving Aro the time needed to hunt them down. He held the torch in his left hand, though he wore his shield on his back, since his right held his sword.

Nienna
11/Jun/2010, 02:02 PM
Swords - 1
Shields - 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Experience
- 1
Searches -
3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins, 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold
coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2
endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

The way back seemed somewhat different to her as she noticed that she must have come past the dead body of that grave robber by now. Holding up the flickering torch up high in front of her she bent forward a bit holding the torch here and there to lighten dark corners and niches, trying to find a way out.
To the right there was a door and to the left was an arch and more passages leading out or onto more dangerous grounds, Nienna assumed by trusting the shadows and light flashed by the crackling torch she was holding.
She took the archway on the left.

Naith Liathant
11/Jun/2010, 05:32 PM
RAVEN: You find that once more a partition opens, this time in the wall to your right. You can see a chest within, that is locked. You have a lockpick so you may choose to open this chest. Otherwise you will have to return to the main chamber...

AROTHIR: You find the stairs at the back of the cave go down to a landing where there is a door, and another set descend lower. What do you do? You can head through the door to your left or continue to go down.

NIENNA: You find yourself wending through ancient catacombs, where you see the floor covered in a scattering of coins, some 100 in Gold. You find a door to your right and ahead there is a deep and dark tunnel. It is very narrow. In the area in which you stand you see three upright caskets and a tomb. One casket has a big lock on it. The others are decorated. One of them has moons and stars on it, the other is covered in leaf motifs. What do you do?

ANGELIKUS SNAPE is eliminated. Took too long to move through the shrouding fog! Perhaps she will find her way to Bree, in the end! She joins DRIFA as a player now removed from the game.

ZERANI: You are down to 3 Endurance due to lack of activity at the current time. You will continue to lose endurance at one point per day until you move or go out.

TINUVIEL: You last posted on the 6th. On the 9th your three days grace expired. You lose 2 points of endurance therefore for the 10th and 11th. This takes you from 9 to 7 Endurance.

HALDRED: Inactive since the 5th so you are now from 9 down to 6 Endurance.


Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
11/Jun/2010, 05:48 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
(1) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 2 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

To Raven's immense relief, a partition opened in the wall beside her, rather than another blade swinging down at her head. A small chest sat tucked away in the back of the little room, and as she approached it she saw that it was fastened shut with a sturdy latch. Taking the fragile lockpick from her pocket, Raven poked around inside the latch, hoping to hear that telltale click as the mechanism gave way...

Items:
Gold

Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Gold
Chain x 2
(50g each)
Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain







Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Used:
Numenorean






Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Lockpick
</font>

Pellaadarion
11/Jun/2010, 05:51 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 5 WILL: 0 SEARCHES: 3 XP: 0</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
TREASURE &amp; ITEMS:Worth 970 gold coinsBook on runicJournal of Kanlin friend of FirinbarSeashell charmNúmenorean dagger worth 3 swords or 300 gold coins</span>
A Númenorean dagger, of the highest craftsmanship. Despite its age Pellaadarion suspected it was still murderously sharp, and might be of better use than any of the swords he carried. However, he also knew its worth in coin might outweigh its worth in battle, and tucked it into his belt, hoping to sell it on his return to Bree!
One chest remained, crafted by the Dúnedain no doubt, and decorated with andancient coat of arms dating from the days of Arnor. There was also the engraving of tower that stood looking westward.</span>



</span>Pellaadarion chose to open the Arthedain chest.</span>

Naith Liathant
11/Jun/2010, 05:52 PM
RAVEN: Inside you discover a ruby ring worth 75 Gold Coins and a sapphire necklace worth 100 Gold Coins! There is also a sceptre, 3 feet in length. This has no apparent value, but you might wish to take it.

Record any changes and progress! You might want to search for secret doors, but if not, the main chamber and another selection is your only destination, unless you wish to leave the barrow entirely!

PELLAADARION: You open the chest and prick your finger on a poison needle trap. You lose 2 endurance.

Inside the chest are 100 Gold Coins and mithril whistle! The whistle is worth 20 Gold. You may take these items and continue your tomb robbing...

I mean exploring...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Oro
11/Jun/2010, 06:09 PM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 3| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font>
</font>
</font></font></font>Oro Stonefist flinched as the trap released, the blade shooting into his shield as he jumped backwards. His hand gripped the shield with white knuckles and he looked back into the empty box and then frowned, nothing inside. Maybe Mahal was directing him towards the locked box.

He shrugged and stood up, tossing that shield aside. Now he had no shield and no sword, but the Miruvor he had drunk earlier gave him a protected feeling about his limbs. He looked over the other box, took his lockpick out of his pocket and stood over it.

Looking back at the door to his right, then back at the box before him. He frowned. Decisions, Decisions. He shook his head, the box was less important than the door. Moving to the door, he tugged on it, checking to see if it was locked or not. </font> </font></span></font>
</font>
</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Gold Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin









Pouch [450g]</font>
</span>

Naith Liathant
11/Jun/2010, 06:12 PM
ORO STONEFIST: You find the door is not locked! It opens into a small chamber, just ten feet by ten feet. There is a torch set on a sconce either side of the door. Beyond it, across the chamber, is another door, which is closed!

What do you do?

Oro
11/Jun/2010, 06:20 PM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 2| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font>
</font>
</font></font></font>The door swung open and beyond there was a long chamber before him. Nothing filled the chamber except a torch on the far side.

Oro Stonefist thought it was an interesting chamber, much like the defensive tunnels of the dwarves in Ered Luin. There was probably a trap in this room, and Oro felt the stinging light of the torch across the chamber, his eyes readjusted to the light and then he kneeled to the ground and looked about.

</font></span></font>
</font>His fingers rubbed the dust on the ground and he frowned, he had no shield and no sword and he gripped the dust and sprinkled it about him.

Frowning, he shrugged and stepped into the room and did a quick search for traps, ensuring that nothing would hit him, if he chose to cross the room. Looking about the room, he inspected the room for traps. </font>

</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Gold
Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin










Pouch [450g]</font>
</span>

Taranuen
12/Jun/2010, 06:07 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 1 / Endurance 2 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><S>Torch<O:P></O:P></S>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tool Kit<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Crowbar [/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">4 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]<O:P></O:P>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)<O:P></O:P>[/I]
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Eirien couldn’t decide which one made her feel colder, the creepy, chill touch of a hand, or the hideous laughter that echoed loudly in the dark main chamber. No sword would stand ground against his enemy, she realized, and squeezed the Spear of Calendil tighter in her left hand. Perhaps it would do?<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">No. She did not trust any concrete weapon would slay this wight, as its horrifying laughter alone was cutting her flesh to pieces - or so she felt. Her best option was to try escape. If attempting to do so would cost her, then it would. She would rather suffer some damage than become incapable of suffering at all ever again!<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Thus <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">she barged through the double door with a peephole[/B], attempting to hide behind it - with no light.Edited by: Eirien

Raven
13/Jun/2010, 04:40 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
(1) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

Giggling with glee (and relief at not being beheaded), Raven scooped the jewellery up and deposited it in her pocket. Picking the sceptre from the chest, she turned it over in her hands, inspecting it with a frown. It appeared to be fairly cheap-looking, the short length made from wood rather than gold, the gnarled roots at one end set with a sphere of clear glass. Still, it was hidden away so well that it must have a purpose, she figured. Maybe it would become evident later. Taking the staff with her, she began to make her way out.

Pausing, she turned back to look at the room. This had obviously been a place of some importance for whoever had built this barrow. Maybe there was more hidden here. She walked back over to the tombs and began searching for a secret door.

Items:
Gold

Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Sapphire Necklace (100g)
Ruby Ring (75g) // Gold
Chain x 2
(50g each) // Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain








Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean







Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Lockpick</font>

Nienna
13/Jun/2010, 10:57 AM
Swords - 1
Shields - 1
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Experience
- 1
Searches -
3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins, 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold
coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2
endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

The floor ahead of her was glistening and as she came nearer to the glimmering she noticed coins scattered, maybe hundreds and all golden.
She kneeled down a picked a few...and more.
And everytime she stood, she thought, why not and kneeled again to pick up some more.
When her pockets got heavier she stopped and stood again, lighting the space around her, saw more caskets and tombs, carved and locked.
Would this caverns every end. Would she ever see daylight again.
What time was it outside anyway? Dawn?
"Leave them, leave all" her husbands voice echoed in her head and reluctantly she left all untouched but abruptly turned to the right and pushed open that door.

Pellaadarion
13/Jun/2010, 01:09 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 3 WILL: 0 SEARCHES: 3 XP: 0</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
TREASURE &amp; ITEMS:Worth 1090 gold coinsBook on runicJournal of Kanlin friend of FirinbarSeashell charmNúmenorean dagger worth 3 swords or 300 gold coins</span>
As he heaved open the ancient chest, he cut his finger. Only a scratch, perhaps on a splinter. Within moments his vision dimmed and his head swam. Bloody poison! The effects were short lived. Perhaps over the centuries the poison had lost its potency.
Inside the chest was a mithril whistle, above a stack of 100 gold coins. Pellaadarion raised the whistle to his lips and gave it a quick toot.
"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Pellaadarion stuffed the items into his pockets and picked up his torch, which guttered and flickered in the ancient gloom. He swung the torch left, then right, then left again. The ranger had been so occupied by the foul Wight and treasure-filled chests that he had not looked to see if there were any exits beyond the door he had used to enter the burial chamber.
He looked around the room for exits.</span>

Pele Alarion
13/Jun/2010, 04:28 PM
Swords: 2
Shields: 2
Endurance: 6
Searches: 3
Treasures &amp; value: 250 gold coins
Items: Torches 2

Wanderer

Pele was about to turn and leave the tomb, when the door suddenly began to open. She stood back, surprised at the unexpected movement. Even though she felt an inner nudge to leave as quickly as possible, her curiosity took the upper hand, and she approached the open doorway, lifting her torch to glance inside.

As soon as she did so, the glint of gold caught her eye. But Pele did not give it much attention at first, stepping in further to take a look around the large chamber. The wall was near at hand to her right, but she espied a few arches to her left, as well as something resembling the door at the far end. When she proceeded further in the midst of the spacious room, she saw an archway also to the right.

Her curiosity satisfied, she then once again turned her attention to the coins. If she would gather them, it would give her a chance to fulfil some of the dreams she had, but couldn’t do because her wages were not enough for it. Her conscience immediately alarmed her, that these treasures were not hers to take. However, she wondered, why would all of this go to waste, since the dead buried somewhere here would have no need of it anyway. Thus, still trying to quiet her misgivings, she set about collecting the coins and storing them away in her pack. “I would give them up, if someone required so,” she thus comforted herself.

Once she could no longer see any more of the coins in the vast chamber, Pele headed for the first archway to the left, the one closest to the door through which she had entered. One hand clutching the torch, the other drawing the sword, just in case she came upon some danger, she cautiously approached the arch to see what was there to discover.

Áfor
13/Jun/2010, 04:57 PM
Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 8 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ 0 Items ~ Box
Defender



of Tombs

</font> For some reason, the fog seemed to be clearing off, but this did little to help Herion in seeing where he was going, as it was the middle of the night, and the moon was nowhere bright enough to pierce the mist. Faint outlines appeared occasionally as the mists lifted, but he could not make out more than the shadow of a group of trees to his left. luckily, by now he knew where he was going, or at least so he thought, so he had no need for light and landmarks. He hurried on along the path, wanting to reach the tomb he was looking for as soon as possible.

He was disturbed in his quest by an inviting smell that appeared unexpectedly. It did not take him long to find the source of the smell; to his right, and a little way off, he saw the flicker of flames, and the outlines of a person cooking over the flames. It looked for all the world like dinner might be forthcoming but... for one thing, he did not trust dinner that appeared seemingly out of nowhere in the Barrow Downs and he also had no time to waste. He was not out on a simple walk.

He held the box closer to himself for a moment, and contemplated going to talk to the woman after all, but he decided against it. He could do without food for a little while longer, he should do so, and there was likely nothing else she could offer him. He needed to press on, and find the correct tomb. But as he grabbed the box tighter, his interest in it was awoken again. He had little idea on what was in it, but he felt like it might be something useful; it would, of course, only be useful if he opened the box and saw what he had.

Naith Liathant
14/Jun/2010, 12:54 PM
UPDATES COMING UP!

OUT OF THE GAME: ANGELIKUS SNAPE, ZERANI, DIRION & DRIFA.

ZERANI: Your final endurance ebbs away, you got lost in the fog too!

TINUVIEL: Your endurance is down to 4.

HALDRED: Your endurance is down to 3.

DIRION: Been away on holiday. Last post was the 4th. He had 7 Endurance, and has been losing one a day since the 7th which means he joins those lost in the fog!

ORO STONEFIST: You find another trigger or lever in the stonework, and find this one controls a trap door in the middle of the chamber. Had you not pushed it in, you have fallen!

Now you can walk up to the door, which you find will open. You stare through it to see a circular chamber, with double doors at its end. The sides of the chamber are heaped in gold coins, looks to be 200 in Gold. You see three boxes, all ornate. One encrusted with rubies, another with sapphires and another with emeralds. Each box is worth 100 Gold alone, but what might be inside them? What do you do?

EIRIEN: You flee! You must lose one Will and two Endurance as the touch of the Barrow Wight sends nightmare visions through your mind and saps your strength.

As you rush through and slam to door on the enemy, you hear the tell tale click of a mechanical trap! A dart flies out from the wall and you just managed to block it in time with your Shield.

In this room, you find a large tomb and caskets, and chests. Two caskets, one of silver and one of bronze. You see two chests, one with a star design on it and one with an anvil design on it. On the ledge around the tomb which is a solid square of stone in the centre of the chamber, you see a Ruby Ring worth 75 Gold Coins.

What do you do?

NOTE: If you are wearing the Mithril Vest, you take no damage.

RAVEN: Your instincts serve you well! You find a lever to the side of the tombs disguised as a sconce setting. The tomb you just inspected opens up! Revealing not a tomb, but a dark tunnel and stairs leading down!

NIENNA: You come into a chamber that is forty feet by forty feet and in its centre is another large tomb. Bent over it and laughing madly as he tries to prise the lid off it is another Grave Robber!

It takes 1 Sword to slay a Grave Robber. He is carrying a backpack full of goodies. If you wish to run, you can sacrifice a Shield to return to any of the previous locations, including outside of the Barrow.

Alternatively should you slay the Grave Robber, you may investigate the tomb, his pack or the door to the left or to the right.

PELLAADARION: You may return to the main chamber, take the door through which was unexplored, out in the corridor, or even leave the Barrow. But there is no other door from this chamber than the one you came in through. However a search might reveal more...

PELE: You feel you are not alone in this chamber, you sense movement, but waving your torch about see nothing. You walk beneath said archway to your left and find that both archways lead into this vaulted chamber. It is sixty feet across and over ninety in length, shadows at it's end, the torchlight playing over them, and you see figures in the shadows. It is as though someone other than you were playing Shadow Puppets there. But the puppets look menacingly like creatures.

Around the columns in the room chests are stacked. There are two in the far corner hidden behind a veil of gossamer and dust. There are seven stacked around the central columns of stone supporting the roof which is decorated with paintings of Numenor.

The seven chests all bear the design of the Island star, or the Meneltarma, three of one, four of the other.

What do you do?

HERION: You open the box in your hands, as you choose to ignore the woman and her cook pot. Perhaps wisely.

The box contains a Ruby Ring worth 75 Gold Coins and a Lucky Rabbit's Foot charm, that will allow you to evade one opponent where you might otherwise be forced to expend a Shield to do so.

There is a dirt track leading straight over the rise and you've been following it. There is also a curving trail through the copse to the left. Which direction do you choose?
Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
14/Jun/2010, 03:30 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
(1) // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience
points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

A huge grin spread over Raven's face as the lever clicked into place and the back of the tomb she had just plundered slid open to reveal a dark tunnel leading to a stairway, just visible in the gloom. Seemed like she was getting the hang of this treasure-hunting lark! Still holding her torch aloft, she began to descend the stairs, keeping one eye out for any hidden traps along the way.

Items:
Gold

Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) //
Sapphire Necklace (100g)
Ruby Ring (75g) // Gold
Chain x 2
(50g each) // Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain









Cloak (300g or 1 shield)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean








Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
14/Jun/2010, 03:36 PM
RAVEN: You find a long winding tunnel under rock, leading deeper and deeper under the downs. The air gets thinner and your torch sputters and sparks but remains lit. Eventually you are burning your way through gossamer strands until you reach an opening into a dark chamber far below the lands above.

In the recesses you see a curious altar, and a vast decorative tomb to one of the Princes of Cardolan.

However you no sooner lay eyes on this cavern and its network of distant passages like sunken catacombs, when a gnarled hand reaches out from behind you!

A TOMB GUARDIAN attacks! An undead spirit charged to serve its Lord in death as it did in life! It takes 2 Swords to slay a Tomb Guardian or you can back away and use your Hithlain cloak to evade it as it shuffles after you. If you drink your potion of strength you will have just enough might to defeat it!

What do you do?

Raven
14/Jun/2010, 03:59 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0 // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience
points - 8
//</font>
Wanderer</font>

Raven screamed as the hand touched her back, the freezing cold of the undead flesh seeping through her clothes into her skin. She bolted across the room, watching with horror as the creature shuffled slowly towards her. Suddenly, she remembered something she picked up earlier in her adventure. Deciding that this time, at least, discretion was the better part of valour, she pulled the hithlain cloak from her pack and fastened it around her shoulders.

Items:
Gold


Medallion (100g)</font> // </font>Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) //
Sapphire Necklace (100g)
Ruby Ring (75g) // Gold
Chain x 2
(50g each) // Coin
Purse (50g)</font> // Brooch (10g)</font> // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Hithlain










Cloak (equipped, 300g)</font>
Torch (lit, 2
endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords
during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean









Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Lockpick</font>

Edited by: Raven

Arothir
14/Jun/2010, 05:06 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 3 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 7
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : Torch (2 uses left)
Defender of the
Tombs

He was pleased to find no enemies within the confines of the room, though the stairs did leave him with the option to go into a nearby room, or to plunge deeper into the barrow itself. The torch's orange glow reached a decent way, but he felt that any side chamber would not be the target of any invader, but to plunge deeper into the tomb itself. Therefore, Aro elected to follow the stairs down into the depths of the barrow.
</font>

Pele Alarion
15/Jun/2010, 04:19 PM
Swords: 2
Shields: 2
Endurance: 6
Searches: 3
Treasures
&amp; value: 250 gold coins
Items: Torches 2

Wanderer

As Pele slowly walked towards the archway, she felt as if someone was watching her, perhaps even with animosity. She could even sense a slight breeze, like that of someone walking by her. Fear gripped at her heart, and her body tensed in expectation of evil, but still she raised her torch to look around and see, who was there. However, there was nothing to see. Cold shivers ran up her spine, when she imagined that perhaps there was a barrow-wight or a ghost wanting to attack her.

Highly aware of the weird presence, Pele continued on her way, entering under the archway and raising her torch to take a look around. She almost jumped and dropped the torch, when she saw some dark figures at the far end. She could not make out if they were alive or just some kind of statues, but after a while of staring at them she assumed that they perhaps would not attack her right away.

Then her attention was drawn to the chests stored here. First Pele's gaze fell on those by the central column, and she approached them, running her hand over the image of Island star on one of them. "I wonder what is in it?" she asked herself. Even though curiosity loomed within her, she turned away and instead observed the paintings decorating the vaulted ceiling. For a moment she even forgot the misgivings with the ghostly presence and the strange figures further away, fully engrossed in imagining the stories behind the pictures. Pele was familiar with many of those.

Unawares she had approached the further wall, and returned to reality, when a cobweb touched her face. "Ewww!" she exclaimed and then quickly brushed it off. Only then she noticed that there were two more chests hidden in the corner. Why were they not with the other ones? Overcome with desire to find out, Pele lightly swept off some of the webs and dust from the cover of the first chest of the two </font>she reached and then ever so cautiously tried, if she could open</font> it.

Naith Liathant
16/Jun/2010, 03:06 PM
OUT OF THE GAME: ANGELIKUS SNAPE, ZERANI, DIRION & DRIFA.

TINUVIEL: Your endurance is down to 2.

HALDRED: Your endurance is down to 1.


RAVEN: Hidden as you are the Barrow Wight merely senses you, but cannot find you, though it is seeking you out, searching.

You could escape into the far catacombs or risk venturing a look at the altar or the tomb here. You may of course return back to the entry chamber of the vast barrow you have entered.

What will you do?

AROTHIR: As you head down, you see something come toward you! It is a pressure trap, a spear juts out from the wall and you parry it! Lose a Shield.

At the bottom of the steps you find three chests, in a fifteen by fifteen chamber. There is a door to your right.

The three chests are as follows: One is made from lebethron and is locked tight. The other two have sigils on, one of the moon and one of the star.

What do you do in this sunken chamber?

PELE: You examine the chest, finding it too heavy to move on your own. This chests is rusted over, though unlocked. It costs one Endurance to open!

Within you find a diamond and sapphire tiara, an ancient gown of rare and exquisite beauty, a necklace of sapphire and mithril and a silver key. The tiara is worth 250 Gold Coins and the necklace is worth 150 Gold Coins. These are treasures fit for a princess!

What do you do now, and do you take this precious items out of this dark, hidden place - to where their splendour can be percieved?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
16/Jun/2010, 03:56 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0 // will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

As soon as Raven had fastened the cloak around her shoulders, the creature seemed to lose interest in her and wandered off, shuffling in aimless circles in a corner of the room. Feeling confident that she could defeat the Guardian even if it were to try to attack her again, she approached the altar in the centre of the room, casting cautious glances back over her shoulder as she went.

Items:
Gold Medallion (100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Sapphire Necklace (100g)
Ruby Ring (75g) // Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Coin Purse (50g) // Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
Hithlain Cloak (equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Lockpick</font>

Oro
16/Jun/2010, 04:39 PM
|Swords
: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 2| |Endurance
: 1| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font>
</font>
</font></font></font>He was glad he had inspected for traps and he stepped around the hole in the ground, making sure not to get near the drop in the floor. Crossing the chamber, he kept his mind wrapped around his faith in his vala, his faith keeping him sane.

He crossed the chamber, his fingers gripping onto the door, searching for traps, and then he pushed the door open, listening for movement within. When he felt secure that the chamber beyond was empty, He pushed it open and then looked within.

The chamber beyond was a circular room with a pair of double doors at the end of the circular room. He stepped into the room and inspected it thoroughly.

He found around 200 gold and collected it</font>, before He stepped before the three ornate boxes in the middle of the chamber. They were all small wooden boxes and encrusted in gems of three different types. Red Rubies, Green Emeralds, and Blue Sapphires shimmered before him.

He gripped the three boxes and then threw them into his pack</font>, then took back out the Ruby encrusted box and opened it.</font> Wondering what was inside. He knew it could be dangerous, or even useless, but he was curious and wondered where he was.
</font>
</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Ornate Ruby Box [100g]
Ornate Emerald Box [100g]
Ornate Sapphire Box [100g]
Gold
Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin











Pouch [650g]</font>
</span>

Edited by: Oro

Áfor
16/Jun/2010, 06:59 PM
Swords ~ 2 Shields ~ 3 Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 7 Searches ~ 3 Treasures and Value ~ Ruby Ring worth 75 Gold Coins Items ~ Lucky Rabbit's Foot charm</font>
Defender




of Tombs

Finally alone, Herion took a few minutes to open up the box he had been given, and he found within it a ring that seemed to carry quite some value. Next to it was what looked like a rabbit's foot, and he could only guess it was some sort of a lucky charm, though he had no idea whether it would have any effect on him, or only on the person who made it. Unsure of it, he was not about to throw it away, so he placed it safely in his pocket, while the ring was tied to a throng and hung about his neck. He would probably attempt to sell it somewhere in a few days, he was not one to hang on to jewelery, but for now, it was safest there.

Packing up all his new belongings, he was ready to move once again. The woman on his right and her pot still seemed tempting, but he knew where his path lay, and food could come later. For now, it was straight ahead for him.
</font>

Pele Alarion
17/Jun/2010, 04:10 AM
Swords: 2
Shields: 2
Endurance: 5
Searches: 3
Treasures
&amp; value:
- 250 gold coins
- diamond &amp; sapphire tiara (250 gold coins)
- necklace of sapphire and mithril (150 gold coins)
- ancient gown
Items:
Torches 2
silver key

Wanderer

Pele reached for the chest, trying to drag it further away from the dusty corner, but it spitefully remained in its place. Even opening it was a challenge in itself. It did not have a lock, but appeared to not have been opened for who knew how long. Eventually she carefully placed her torch against the wall and set to prying the cover open with both of her hands. After a long time, Pele eventually managed to throw it open, sending the cloud of dust up into the air. She coughed as they got into her throat, and then drew her sleeve across her forehead to wipe off the sweat.

Then she peered within the open chest, something shiny catching her eyes. "Oh wow..." she mouthed, reaching within to retrieve a wonderfully made tiara. It was set with precious stones and sparkled in the faint light of torch. Pele set it on her head for a moment, and found it fit her perfectly. Taking it off, she carefully set it aside and once more looked into the chest.

This time she produced a necklace, just as beautiful as tiara, though made of different gems. A silver key was hung on it, and she took it off, holding each of the items in her hands. Having admired those enough, she turned her attention to the chest once again.

"Oh my goodness... This is so beautiful!" Pele whispered to herself, taking out an intricately made dress. It was of ancient make, but extremely beautiful, and she could not help but to hold it against herself to see if it would fit. Her blue eyes gained a dreamy look, as she imagined appearing in one of the balls in this dress. He should surely like her even more, when she would wear this... Unable to resist the desire to own these treasures, Pele quickly stowed them away in her pack, treating them with utmost care.

She left the other chest alone, but there were still the other seven... Taking up her torch once again, she headed back to those. "Perhaps only a peek at one of those... and then I'll leave," she thought, her curiosity now peaked even more by the findings. Stepping up to one of the three chests bearing the design of the Island star, she tried to open it.</font>
</span>

Nienna
17/Jun/2010, 04:48 PM
Swords - 1
Shields - 0
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Experience
- 1
Searches -
3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins &amp; a few more (didn´t count ém yet), 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold
coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2
endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

The door flew open and in the bright light of 4 torches there was a hideous figure bent over what looked like yet another tomb.
Nienna stopped and stood motionless, holding her breath regretting her intrusion and slowly backing away into the dim light of the corridor .
The figure stopped working on the lit of that tomb and slowly turned, still bent and crooked as if ready to run after everything and everybody who would dare to disturb his venture.
His toothless grin was sinister and his face was all dark with dirt and hair. His eyes were black jets, like holes in his skull.
Nienna turned an ran. There was no voice in her head now telling her to stop and fight.
All was so quiet. The only sounds she heard was her heart racing like the evil machines of Barad-Dûr and the strange sounds of hopping and scuffling behind her.
She ran, right and left, up and down, in turns and straight forward until there was no sound behind her anymore and the humid and fresh breeze of the open air greeted her at the end of the tunnel.

Taranuen
18/Jun/2010, 05:08 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 1 / Endurance 4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><S>Torch</S>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tool Kit[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Crowbar [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]

What a vile ghost that was! Eirien stood a while with her back glued to the door, which she had slammed closed right in front of the Barrow Wight’s face. Did it hunger her life so much that it’d stay in wait? She deseprately needed light before she could find a way out of this labyrinth.

The arrow missing her by half an inch caused her to flinch, but she was quick to balance her mind again. Now she narrowed her eyes to see better. This was something else... a large tomb. Her feet began to move. She spotted a glint of a small object on a square stone in the centre of the chamber. As she neared it, she found that it was a beautiful Ruby Ring. Probably worth some gold, she thought. However she the square stone it rested on looked suspicious. She had already been close to get an arrow in the middle of her forehead... this place was full of traps. Surely that ring placed so neatly on a square stone was one. She decided not to touch the ring. Perhaps there was something of more value hidden in this chamber.

Before she approached any casket or chest, <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">she put on her Mithril Chain Vest, and ate two of the four Lembas she had found earlier[/B]. Having gained more energy, <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">she approached the bronze casket and used the tools she had to open it[/B].

OOC - oopsy. I reduced my Will and Endurance points already in my previous post, that’s why no change now. That’s okay? Just tell me to fix it, if it’s not good.

Pellaadarion
18/Jun/2010, 05:14 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 3 WILL: 0 SEARCHES: 2 XP: 0</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
TREASURE &amp; ITEMS:Worth 1090 gold coinsBook on runicJournal of Kanlin friend of FirinbarSeashell charmNúmenorean dagger worth 3 swords or 300 gold coins</span>
A brief sweep of the torch revealed no further exits from the grand burial chamber, no archways or doorways except the original opening through which he entered. But Pellaadarion knew these old tombs could be full of surprises, often whole rooms could be secreted away to hide the most valuable treasures!
Slowly and carefully he began to SEARCH the room, looking for hidden switches or mechanisms that might reveal some manner of secret room or compartment.</span></span>

Arothir
18/Jun/2010, 05:18 PM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 2 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 6
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : 0 //Items : Torch (2 uses left)
Defender
of the
Tombs

The Defender was pleased to find some chests still present in the tomb, and even better they were unopened. However, his arm still stung from his shield being struck by the spear trap, a rather unfortunate encounter, but he would still go on with vigor. Looking at the boxes, he realized that with the silent war in the north always needing what aid it could, it would be best for the treasure to be brought to the Chieftain. Looking at the box sealed with the star he opened it, hoping to find something to use against the orcs of the mountains.
</font>

Naith Liathant
19/Jun/2010, 02:41 AM
OUT OF THE GAME: ANGELIKUS SNAPE, ZERANI, DIRION, DRIFA, TURIN, TINUVIEL & HALDRED.

RAVEN: You approach the altar with caution, aware always of the deadly presence in your wake, as the Tomb Guardian warily prowls, sniffing the air and circling in confusion.

You wend your way up steps to the altar, to find that there are two urns here, engraved in runic. The side columns of the altar are effigies of the Two Trees of Valinor, and one is plated in silver leaf and the other gold.

That is when you notice the fruits of the trees! Mithril and Gold! If they can be removed they'd fetch a fortune!

In the ornate altar, you see four cylindrical holes, one on each corner, deep enough you can't see the bottom of the hole, but no more than a few inches in diameter.

So what do you do?

ORO STONEFIST: You open the ruby encrusted box, and it unclicks, the lid springing up as the chamber around you becomes awash with noise, a deafening keen that is shrill! A blueish grey and white light flares up from the box, which spins out of your hands and up into the air as demonic tortured faces on elongated phantasmal bodies soar up into your face! Lose one WILL to the horror of it all! The released spirits in the spirit box escape into the ether!

What do you do when your heart starts thumping like an angry drummer?

AFOR: You walk along the trail through the fog for long minutes, warily eyeing the broken scrub and the rubble of low walls lying about you. As you crest a rise, the mists swirl and reveal a deep, dark hollow in a mound of earth, heaped high. One of the barrows of legend!

Around the gaping maw of its foreboding entrance lies enough kindling and tinder to make two torces, should you wish to enter the resting place!

However you are not alone! As you gather wood, and eye up the cavernous opening, you hear the stealthy approach of another! It is a GRAVE ROBBER! Use a sword to slay the Grave Robber or take off one shield when you next move, for he doesn't like competition!

PELE: You discover within the chest a golden circlet set with a single diamond at the brow, and this is worth 200 Golds Coins! You have found a rare item and jewel there!

However as you lift this for inspection the voices hush in the corner, the whispers stop, then rise suddenly! For you hear music!

Rising from the darkness you see figures dancing and pirouetting, dressed in ancient finery such as the resplendant gown you have now in your possession! No sooner do you think this and thensuddenly you are wearing that same gown! And suddenly you are wearing the tiara too for it is once more atop your head!

The sweeping grandeur of the dancers is a sight to see, and the chamber about is now lit by chandeliers overhead and candles set in sconces around the walls, and crimson drapes hang over walls, carved with exquisite effigies. A male figure in a circlet set with a dimaond bows low before you as the ethereal music incants through shadows and light, and pierces the heart such is it's sorrow and joy.

" Would the lady do my spirit the honour of one dance?" Asks the alluring and quite handsome stranger...

NIENNA: You find yourself fleeing from the barrow in quite a fright! You stumble out into the cold air over the warm earth, and breathe in lungfuls of oxygen. Your heart stops beating in your chest quite so hard after a time, and you look about you. You can see only two paths through this fog that appear safe, one to your left and one to your right. The way to right however sinks toward the lowlands and is muddy to the extreme. What avenue will you take?

EIRIEN: Inside the bronze casket, there is an ancient armour that is heavy, and too heavy to take. Although the Warhelm is worth 100 Gold and there is an emerald medallion around a breast plate. This could be taken too, and it is worth 150 Gold Coins. There is also an ancient scroll tucked in there.

What do you do?

PELLAADARION: You find that in the stone work of the tomb there is a panel that can be pushed in. You force it, and you hear the sound of stone over stone, grating. At the fore of the tomb the stone moves in, and this reveals a flight of steps, doing down into darkness...

AROTHIR: Inside the chest you find an ancient Winged Helm that is decorated with mithril. This Helm is worth a lot today, and is valued at 200 Gold Coins. Also in the chest is a golden key, and a silver key, and an iron key.

What do you now?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Oro
19/Jun/2010, 02:53 AM
|Swords

: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 1| |Endurance
: 1| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font>
</font>
</font></font></font>The dwarf shrieked in horror and dropped the box onto the floor as his fingers flicked the lid open and out flowed the spirits of the dead. The box flew across the ground, bouncing as a grayish smoke flowed up from the box followed by flashing lights and the faces of the damned roaring out at him. He screamed at them, "Foul tortured souls of Melkor, I release thee yet the first chance ye get ye attack me!?!?"

His face dour and grim, sweat pouring down his face, he kneeled onto the ground not reaching for the empty box, though it was worth 100 gold. He sat on his knees for a long period of time, maybe even an hour or two, and his eyes were closed. His heart pounded, his body shook, and yet he sat and mumbled beneath his breath.

Then finally, he felt a peace overcome him and he frowned looking up into the ceiling, "If ye are playing tricks on me, almighty Mahal, I will kick you when we meet again." Then grasping a flask from his belt, he took a sip and felt the pain in his knees, they were red and swollen from the length of kneeling and the blood to his feet was nearly cut off.

Grasping the box, he threw it back into his backpack with the others and drew out the Ornate Emerald Box. Murmuring in Khuzdul, He grasped the lid of the Emerald Box, and tore it open,</font> ready for another attack just in case, hoping that it did not come to that. His thick fingers pulled the lid of the Emerald Box open, it was his duty to release spirits if there were more, even if it killed him.



</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Ornate
Ruby Box [100g]
Ornate Emerald Box [100g]
Ornate Sapphire Box
[100g]
Gold
Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin












Pouch [650g]</font>
</span>


</span>

Raven
19/Jun/2010, 08:04 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 1 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

As she approached the altar, the orange light of her torch gleamed off the intricately carved fruits hanging from the branches of the tiny trees. They captivated Raven, drawing her closer and closer until her face was just inches away from the silver tree. Reaching out, she gently tugged at one of the mithril fruits, hoping it would fall easily into her hand.

Items:
Gold Medallion
(100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Sapphire
Necklace (100g)
Ruby Ring (75g) // Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Coin
Purse (50g) // Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
Hithlain Cloak
(equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of
Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish
1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g
or 3 swords)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
19/Jun/2010, 09:34 AM
ORO STONEFIST: You bravely click open the emerald box, and luck is with you this time! Inside it is a diamond ring lying on a bed of velvet which the box is inlaid with. The ring is worth 100 Gold Coins!

What do you next?

RAVEN: You tug gently, and pull the mithril fruit down, and it glows with inner light! Inside the fruit is a phial of Miruvor under a cunning wrought lid. Miruvor can replace one lost Shield if drunk. The fruit itself is worth 200 Gold Coins, for mithril is a rare and precious metal, as well you know!

However as you take the fruit, an incorporeal hand reaches out from the shadows and there is a substantial hiss, from a nearby source! You see a Wight come so close to you it causes chills and his visage is a terror to behold! Lose one Will, but since it cannot see you, it cannot do you further harm. What do you do now?

Raven
19/Jun/2010, 11:21 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 1
// will - 0 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

As the fruit falls gently into her palm, it splits in two, revealing a tiny phosphorescent phial which had been concealed inside. Raven gasped in amazement and quickly drank the miruvor down, feeling a new strength course through her body. She carefully replaced the phial and closed the fruit, marvelling at the lack of any seam or indication that it was not solid, then dropped the fruit into her pocket.

Suddenly, she heard a loud hiss, and a hand reached out towards her. Instinctively, she flinched back as the wight launched itself forward, but it passed her by, unaware of her presence. She watched it go then turned back to the trees and reached out towards the golden fruit, trying to pluck it from its branch.

Items:
Mithril Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion
(100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each) // Gold Circlet (100g)
Sapphire
Necklace (100g) // Ruby Ring (75g) // Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Coin
Purse (50g)
Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
Hithlain Cloak
(equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of
Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish
1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g
or 3 swords)
Miruvor (replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Edited by: Raven

Naith Liathant
19/Jun/2010, 11:25 AM
RAVEN: You evade the Barrow Wight, and quickly recover your nerve! Fearlessly you plunder the fruits of the two trees and you take now the golden fruit in hand. This weighs a great deal, but is worth 250 Gold Coins, for it in studded in diamond. The lines of the diamonds weave an intricate lattice over the oval of the golden fruit, and as you cast your eyes upon this finery, you espy a small key hole...

What do you?

Raven
19/Jun/2010, 11:37 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 1
// will - 0 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

Turning the sparkling fruit over in her hands, Raven noticed a tiny keyhole set within the lattice of diamonds, between two of the largest gems. She frowned, casting her eyes over the altar before her looking for a key to fit. Nothing there. Her eyes alighted on the urns. She hadn't even noticed them before, so entranced had she been by the little trees, but now she lifted the urn closest to the golden tree up, inspected the runes and peered inside, hoping to find the key within - or at least a clue as to its whereabouts.

Items:
</font>Gold Fruit (250g) // </font>Mithril
Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion
(100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Gold Circlet (100g) // Sapphire
Necklace (100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Coin
Purse (50g)</font>
Hithlain Cloak
(equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of
Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish
1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g
or 3 swords)
Miruvor (replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Oro
19/Jun/2010, 11:52 AM
|Swords

: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 1| |Endurance
: 1| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font>
</font>
</font></font></font>The thick gnarled fingers of the dwarf grasped a small diamond ring, his grime covered digits taking the exquisite piece of jewelry out of the box and holding it up to the dim light. The gem upon the top was a highly coveted diamond, much sought after by the upper level citizenry of many larger kingdoms. He looked the ring over, decided that the price of it would probably be around a couple dozen gold coins and then slipped the object into his leather bag, a snap of the clasp and his deft paws quickly released the ring into a side pocket and re-pulled out the final box, the Sapphire covered one.

Replacing the Emerald Box into his bag, He placed the Sapphire Box onto the floor before him, the dim light causing a refraction within the sapphires giving the room a dull blue light. He looked up the Mahal [if you havent figured it out, Mahal is my D20 dice....] and grasped the box with both hands, praying intently. Inside could be a reward for his efforts, and it could yet be a danger that slew him. He frowned and prayed intently to Mahal [roll of the D20.]. The khuzdul flowed from his lips as he sought his Vala and his wisdom.

A dull crimson light glimmered on the box before him as he cried out to Mahal. The crafter had spoken, He was going to test his Paladin once again with another box. Whether it killed him or rewarded him was still up to be seen, but either way Mahal wanted his faithful servant to open it. With a nod to his creator, the leathery hands of the dwarf, opened the Sapphire box</font>, ready for whatever lay in store for him.

</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Ornate

Ruby Box [100g]
Ornate Emerald Box [100g]
Ornate Sapphire Box
[100g]
Diamond Ring [100g]
Gold
Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin













Pouch [650g]</font>
</span>

Taranuen
19/Jun/2010, 01:15 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 1 / Endurance 4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tinder[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><S>Torch</S>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Tool Kit[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Crowbar [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm x 2 (200 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/I]
What a shame the ancient armour in the casket was so heavy. There was no way she could carry it. But she packed the Warhelm away, and used proper tools for removing the emerald medallion attached to the breast plate. It must’ve been worth the work... What more was there? She tilted her head to her side, gazing deeper into the casket. Was that a scroll? Very carefully, not wanting to damage the scroll in case it was very brittle, she pulled it out.

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Having collected the Warhelm, emerald and ancient scroll[/B], she looked around deciding what to do next. Her gaze was soon set upon the two chests sitting in the chamber, one with a star on the cover, and the other one with an anvil design on it. She could study the scroll later, she figured, there was little light for that here anyways. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">She moved toward the two chests. The one with an anvil design was definitely more appealing. She crouched down by it to open it.[/B]

Naith Liathant
19/Jun/2010, 01:22 PM
RAVEN: The moment you shift the urn, you hear the buzz of a dart and expend a great deal of energy getting out of the way! Good luck you drank the Miruvor! Lose a Shield!

Unfortunately the urn is empty...

Perhaps the other might not be!

ORO STONEFIST: You unclasp the lid and stare into the box to find a finely wrought Gold Chain worth 50 Gold Coins.

What do you do now?

EIRIEN: Inside the chest with the anvil you find 50 Gold Coins, and dragon clasp wrought from mithril worth 100 Gold. There is also a length of rope, silk - not hemp - and it appears curiously out of place. Is it silk? Is this some kind of elvish rope? Also you find a candle, and hammer, and a box of nails. Most curious - what do you do now?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
19/Jun/2010, 01:50 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 5 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

As the dart whizzed past Raven's head, barely missing her left ear, she thanked the Valar that she had thought to drink the Miruvor straight away. She set the empty vessel down on the floor, moved to the opposite side of the altar and placed her hands on the urn beside the silver tree. Closing her eyes and bracing herself for another trap, she lifted the urn from its stand.

Items:
</font>Gold Fruit (250g) // </font>Mithril

Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion
(100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Gold Circlet (100g) // Sapphire
Necklace (100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) //
Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Coin
Purse (50g)</font>
Hithlain Cloak
(equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of
Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish
1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g
or 3 swords)
Miruvor (replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
19/Jun/2010, 03:19 PM
RAVEN: You find inside the urn that there is a diamond pendant concealed that is worth 100 Gold Coins, however all too late you discover the rim of the urn was covered in a contact poison! Its been dulled with time but nevertheless you must deduct one Endurance!

What do you do now?

Raven
19/Jun/2010, 03:41 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 1 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

Raven extracted the diamond pendant from the urn and added it to the stash of jewellery in her pack. No sooner had she replaced the urn on its stand than she began to feel a little faint. She stumbled back, he vision blurring, rubbing at her temple until the feeling passed. Inspecting the urn more closely, she noticed a thin sheen at the top of the urn, and dull fingerprints where she had touched the surface. Poison. Luckily, it seemed to have worn off already - it must have been waiting here for decades, if not centuries. She still didn't have the key to the tiny fruit, though, so she headed towards the tomb to see if she could find it there.

Items:
</font>Gold Fruit (250g) // </font>Mithril


Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion
(100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond Pendant (100g) // Gold Circlet (100g) // Sapphire
Necklace (100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) //
Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Coin
Purse (50g)</font>
Hithlain Cloak
(equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of
Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish
1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g
or 3 swords)
Miruvor (replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
19/Jun/2010, 04:41 PM
RAVEN: You head over the highly decorative tomb, its plinth intricately carved to resemble snaking serpents, coiling around the edges in gold and the tomb and its epitaph are all gilded thus, in memory of a fallen Lord.

You could prise up the lid, it seems likely that this Lord was buried with his treasures, for there is nothing loose around the great tomb itself...

Perhaps you have other ideas!

Raven
19/Jun/2010, 05:25 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 0 // experience points - 8 //</font>
Wanderer</font>

A sigh of disappointment escaped Raven's lips as she prised the lid away from the tomb only to find emptiness within. She ran her hands over the beautifully gilded surface absently, a thoughtful look on her face. It didn't seem likely that someone else had looted this tomb, since the altar had been untouched, and no other tomb she had come across had been completely free of the earthly trappings of whoever had been buried there...

This couldn't be all there was. Holding her torch aloft to shed some light on the ancient structure, her eyes swept the perfectly hewn stone within, searching closely for any secrets the tomb might hold.

Items:
</font>Gold
Fruit (250g) // </font>Mithril


Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion
(100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond Pendant (100g) // Gold
Circlet (100g) // Sapphire
Necklace (100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) //
Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
</font>Coin
Purse (50g)</font>
Hithlain Cloak
(equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of
Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish
1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g
or 3 swords)
Miruvor (replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Pellaadarion
19/Jun/2010, 05:30 PM
SWORDS: 4 SHIELDS: 3 ENDURANCE: 3 WILL: 0 SEARCHES: 2 XP: 0</span>DEFENDER OF THE TOMBS</span>
TREASURE &amp; ITEMS:Worth 1090 gold coinsBook on runicJournal of Kanlin friend of FirinbarSeashell charmNúmenorean dagger worth 3 swords or 300 gold coins</span>
The ranger's studious examination of the tomb was rewarded with the discovery of a secret panel, visible only under close scrutiny. He gave it a prod to no effect, tried a stiff push instead. The panel slid inwards, a switch of sorts. From within the tomb he heard a series of whirs and clicks, a gentle creak. Perhaps somewhere within a counterweight had been released.
The front of the tomb swung inwards, kicking up a cloud of ancient dust that swirled around the ranger's ankles. The glow of his flickering torch began to permeate the shadow within, illuminating a series of steps that led below.
Pellaadarion loosened his swords and began to descend the stairs...</span></span>

Oro
19/Jun/2010, 05:57 PM
|Swords

: 0|
|Shields : 1| |Will : 1| |Endurance
: 1| |Searches : 2| |Experience : 4| |Backpack: Below</font>|</font></font>
</font>
</font></font></font>Taking the chain, he noticed that it was similar to another one in his bag, his greasy fingers grasping the chain and sliding the golden chain down into his bag and then clasped it shut with a deft stroke of his digits before slipping the entire Sapphire Box into his backpack, in another pouch of course. He smiled, Mahal had led him fairly and rewarded him with a shiny treat, something that would pay for his medical and food costs. Healthcare and Cost of living are not something one would expect from the pay-offs of a "Paladin" but Mahal was good to his people, unlike that Melkor guy.

Stepping confidently forward through the circular ante-chamber, He knew that whatever was behind these double doors might kill him, for all he knew a famed Barrow Wight was waiting for him and would slay him as soon as he opened the doors. Fear caught his heart a racing, his hands sweating, his eyes closed in deep prayer to his aule, his creator and in essence his own courage. Each hand rested on one of the double doors, his head resting on the crack between.

He listened for a few minutes, but the drafts through the cave made it impossible to hear through the door. With his last bit of courage, Oro Stonefist. defensless and without weapon, flung the double doors open</font>, ready to face whatever met him on the other side. His Doom, His Glory, His destiny.

</font>Backpack:</font>
Lockpick
Ornate

Ruby Box [100g]
Ornate Emerald Box [100g]
Ornate Sapphire Box
[100g]
Diamond Ring [100g]
Gold Chain [50g]
Gold
Chain [50g]
Butteryfly

Broach [150g]</font></font></font>
Coin














Pouch [650g]</font>
</span>

Nienna
19/Jun/2010, 06:31 PM
Swords - 1
Shields - 0
Will - 2
Endurance - 5
Experience
- 1
Searches -
3
Treasures and Value - 20 gold coins &amp; a few more (didn´t count
ém yet), 1 ruby ring (worth-75 gold
coins) 1 brooch (worth-150 gold coins)
Items - cram (worth 2
endurance)
Torch 1 left (1 lit)

Wanderer

Breathing was painful for her after she had come running out of the maul of the barrows. Nienna pressed one hand to her heart as to calm it and to hinder it from springing out of her chest.
Where to go from here, she asked the soothing and so beloved voice in her head.
To the right? "Don't ruin your pretty little shoes," she heard her husband say, mocking her once again.
She looked down and found her rustic boots all muddy and wet from her adventure in the caverns. She smiled and thought: too late, my beloved.
But the path on the left looked more promising to her, as it was clean and straight. She could use a little luck now, and a smoother way nearer to home.
She took the left path.

Taranuen
20/Jun/2010, 05:38 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 1 / Endurance 4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison, Tinder, <S>Torch</S>, Tool Kit, Crowbar, Rope, Candle, Hammer, Box of nails, [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm x 2 (200 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">50 Gold Coins[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Dragon Clasp (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/I]
Eirien’s spirit was repeatedly lifted when she saw the chest’s content. She collected the Gold Coins with clever fingers and secured them in her purse, which suddenly felt a lot heavier. Then the rest...

What a curious small bundle of rope. Elvish? It felt so soft when she took it, but what would a length of elvish rope do here? She wrapped it around her waist, nonetheless, thinking it could turn out useful at some point. She also took the candle, lit it for little light. and then studied the hammer and the box of nails. What were they here for? She weighed them in her hands. Could there be a secret hatch somewhere in the chamber? In flickering candlelight she glanced round the chamber, in <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">search for[/B] anything that looked like the hammer and these nails had been used on it. If there was <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">a secret passage, a trap, or anything sealed from curious eyes in this chamber[/B], she would find it.

Naith Liathant
20/Jun/2010, 10:42 PM
RAVEN: You soon discover that there is a hidden compartment beneath the base of the tomb that spring up when you hit the side panel in the right place. You discover this after you slide the lid off the plinth to look within and initially find an emtpy tomb.

Beneath the partition lies the skeletal figure of the lord, wrapped in a funeral shroud and rotten away. Across his chest is a Numenorean Longsword, and this is worth 3 Swords in attack. It instantly slays anything that costs less than 3 Swords to slay. It is only damaged beyond repair when use to slay something that requires 3 swords or more to defeat.

On the skull of the lord is a golden circlet worth 100 Gold Coins.

There are enemies shuffling around the altar and tomb area, this chamber. With this sword you could put pay to them! There are also the catacombs beyond, the golden key mystery, and the mystery of the cylindrical holes around the altar. It seems almost rude to ask you, what do you do?

PELLAADARION: You walk down into the darkness of the steps and on into a low ceilinged tunnel through he rock, that passes for long and long, under the barrow. There are cobwebs covering the passage in places, and it is quiet some time before you come to a chamber. This is an opening in the rock that holds two large foot lockers, both locked.

Beyond the foot lockers is the continuation of the passage, but it divides after a few feet, with a tunnel branching left and a tunnel branching right...Edited by: Naith Liathant

Arothir
21/Jun/2010, 02:39 AM
Swords : 2 //Shields : 2 //Will : 2 //Endurance
: 5
//Searches : 3 //Treasures and Value : Mithril Helm (200 gp) //Items : Torch (1 use left), gold key, silver key, iron key
Defender

of the
Tombs

The helm pleased the Defender, knowing that it would be safer in his hands, or even better, to be put to use upon the Chieftain's head to protect him against the arrows and slings of his foes. He took the three keys and put them in his money pouch, where they would be safe, since his pouch was kept well hidden. The torch's light grew weaker, as the fuel was running out, so to make the best use of the room around him, he opened the box with the moon. He knew that the other box had a lock upon it, but he could fumble with his keys until it opened, should it need those keys.
</font>

Raven
21/Jun/2010, 06:01 AM
// swords – 1 // shields - 0 // will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 0 // experience points - 8 //
Wanderer
</font>
First picking up the golden circlet and stashing it in her pack with the rest of her hoard, Raven reached towards the longsword, her hand hovering over it for a moment before she grasped it and lifted it away from the decomposed king. Her fingers brushed the rotten shroud and the leather and bones beneath as she took hold of the hilt, sending a shudder through her body.

Adjusting the warhelm on her head where it was still perched, she quietly made her way back over to the corner where the Tomb Guardian was still shuffling around and around in circles. With some considerable effort, she raised the heavy sword over her shoulder and brought it down on the creature’s skull as hard as she could.

Items:
Gold Fruit (250g) // Mithril Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion (100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond Pendant (100g) // Gold Circlet x 2 (100g each) // Sapphire Necklace (100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Brooch (10g) // Golden Key (5g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Hithlain Cloak (equipped, 300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Numenorean Longsword (instantly slays 1 or 2 swords)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into 2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre (?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
Miruvor (replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
21/Jun/2010, 02:13 PM
ORO STONEFIST: You throw open the double doors to find yourself in another circular chamber, this one larger than the last. There is a door to your left, wide stairs ascending straight ahead from you, a door to the right of the stairs, another door directly to you right, and one more to the right as you come in. The middle of the chamber has gold scattered over it, and three chests, one open. Standing over this, torch in one hand and blade in the other, is a GRAVE ROBBER.

It costs a Sword to kill a Grave Robber, and that is a sword you don't have! To evade being wounded or even killed, you must give up your final Shield. You can evade the Grave Robber by switching location, taking any of the doors available or doubling back! What do you do?

NIENNA: You walk through a thick copse of trees, blindly groping through the fog, until you come upon a broken down wain, abandoned in the mists. To the left of the wain is a trail over a hill crest, and another path leads away to your right, and one lies straight ahead going through a narrow ditch. What do you do?

EIRIEN: Good thinking! You find a stone slab that lifts up, revealing itself to be a trap door leading down into darkness! There are no stairs, a cursory examination reveals a vast chamber of seemingly bottomless depth! What do you do?

AROTHIR: The trap set into this chest costs you a Shield as a dart flies out bound for your chest! You parry it but it ruins your Shield. The chest, to your dismay, lies empty! What do you do now?

RAVEN: You fell the TOMB GUARDIAN, but doing so reveals you to the BARROW WIGHT which rushes you! You must slay it with 3 Swords or the Numenorean Sword! Otherwise it will sap your strength and drive you insane! You would lose an Endurance and go out of the game for losing one Will.

What is your choice, dungeoneer?Edited by: Naith Liathant

Raven
21/Jun/2010, 03:29 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 0 // experience points - 10 //
Wanderer
</font>
The Tomb Guardian's head caved in with a satisfying crack and the creature fell to the floor, motionless. In the opposite corner of the room, a black shape stirred, its attention now focused entirely on Raven. It moved towards her, slow but threatening, its face a masque of terror, and she realised there was no easy way out. She waited as the Wight approached, sword at the ready. When it finally reached her she closed her eyes and swung the weapon wildly, hoping to connect with whatever was under that dark robe.

</font>Items:
Gold Fruit (250g) // Mithril
Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion (100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond
Pendant (100g) // Gold Circlet x 2 (100g each) // Sapphire Necklace
(100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Brooch (10g)
// Golden Key (5g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Hithlain Cloak (equipped,
300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1 sword into
2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre
(?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
</font>Numenorean Longsword
(instantly slays 1 or 2 swords)</font>
Miruvor
(replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Edited by: Raven

Naith Liathant
21/Jun/2010, 03:35 PM
RAVEN: You stagger under the impact of your own blow, trying to fell the Barrow Wight! The age old steel breaks in half, and you see the broken section of the blade jutting out from where a throat should be. You ram the rest of the weapon up to the hilt into what ought to be a chest! The Barrow Wight sinks to the ground, in a wisp of funeral wrappings and decay.

You may now investigate further, either the mystery of the golden key, or the cylindrical holes in the corner points of the altar, or you might have some other ideas! There are also the far catacombs, or a retreat back to the main chamber of the now distant barrow from whence you came!

Taranuen
21/Jun/2010, 04:33 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 1 / Endurance 4 / Searches 3 / Experience 2[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison, Tinder, <S>Torch</S>, Tool Kit, Crowbar, Rope, Candle, Hammer, Box of nails, [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm x 2 (200 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">50 Gold Coins[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Dragon Clasp (100 Gold)[/I]

<DIV>Well what do you know... thought Eirien, as she stood by the trap door that seemed to lead to a black void. A trap door... blind light, it was completely dark in there. She could use the newly found rope for descending, but doubted the candle’s golden heart would stay alive for long.

<DIV>No matter what, she had to find out what was hidden in that darkness. The rope was very thin, but would perhaps carry her weight - and perhaps it would be long enough to let her at the bottom of that abyss.

<DIV>She tied the end of the rope on the nearest, solid keeper she could find, secured the candle in her hand, and began to lower herself into the vast chamber.

Naith Liathant
21/Jun/2010, 04:39 PM
EIRIEN: You enter a darkened tomb, shrouded in midnight. As you stand there, uncertain, you see a tall stone archway before you, fifteen feet away. A large lebethron coffin rests in the chamber.

As you stand there, however, and see clawed hands start to move the lid off the coffin from underneath, a barrow wight attacks!

You must lose one endurance and one will or slay the Wight with the Spear of Calendil. If you do this you gain 3 XP but lose the Spear. You gain double the XP if you are a wanderer.

Alternatively you could flee chamber, surrendering both endurance point and will point, to climb up the rope again or push on through the archway.

Taranuen
21/Jun/2010, 04:58 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 0 / Endurance 3 / Searches 3 / Experience 5[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison, Tinder, <S>Torch</S>, Tool Kit, Crowbar, Rope, Candle, Hammer, Box of nails, [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><STRIKE>Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)</STRIKE>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm x 2 (200 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">50 Gold Coins[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Dragon Clasp (100 Gold)[/I]


<DIV>Shudder and shiver! Another vile spirit was habiting the hidden chamber, and she glared at the screaming and hissing Barrow Wight in disgust.... lucky she had brought the spear with her. It had worked on the previous wight. She lunged it at the wight with every inch of strength she had in her.

<DIV>It was gone. A moment and another passed when she tried to believe it, and then she began to breathe again. The Barrow Wight was not the only thing gone, though: the Spear of Calendil was ruined as well. What a shame.

<DIV>She gave a suspicious look at the lebethron coffon. The Barrow Wight had come from there... suddenly she felt cold. She did not want to see what was in the coffin, but she rushed over to it, took the hammer and the nails and, after sliding the top of the coffin back in its place, began to seal it. These nails should hold it.

<DIV>What good did that do? She did not know, but at least no more Barrow Wights would assault her, not through that path. Now she could search the chamber.

Naith Liathant
21/Jun/2010, 05:03 PM
EIRIEN: Something thumps and thrashes against the lid of the coffin, hissing and raging and scratching at the dark wood.

There are ledges to the side of the chamber on the left and right. one had a golden chest, ornate that is worth 60 Gold Coins... Inside it are 50 more Gold Coins.

On the other ledge is silver key.

Beyond you lies the archway... What do you do?

Taranuen
21/Jun/2010, 05:17 PM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 0 / Endurance 3 / Searches 3 / Experience 5[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison, Tinder, <S>Torch</S>, Tool Kit, Crowbar, Rope, Candle, Hammer, Box of nails, [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><S>Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)</S>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm x 2 (200 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">50 x 2 Gold Coins[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Dragon Clasp (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Chest (60 Gold)[/I]

<DIV>Eirien’s eyes darted back to the coffin, which was no longer a silent one. Cold shivers ran up and down her spine as she listened to the thumping noise coming from inside it. Mayhap it had been a good call to seal the coffin with nails, after all.

<DIV>There was a golden chest on a ledge at the side of the chamber. Without thinking more about it, she went and took it, as well as the 50 Gold Coins in it. On the ledge also rested a silver key, and she weighed it in her hand. Where was the lock it would unlock?

<DIV>She did not care to find out as much as she wanted away from that noisy coffin, but it was not time to return up yet. She took the key with her and headed into the archway, to find out what more horrors these chambers held inside.

Naith Liathant
21/Jun/2010, 05:24 PM
EIRIEN: You walk into the chamber ahead of the arch and see several crypts adjoining, one to the left, one ahead and one to the right. In the chamber you are on there are four caskets, two are locked, one with a star and with a moon symbol. There is an unlocked chest with a sun symbol on it and the other chest has an anvil symbol. There are 50 Goins Coins scattered around on the foor.

What do you do?

Raven
21/Jun/2010, 06:02 PM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 0 // experience points - 16
//
Wanderer
</font>
Raven sighed as the wight crumpled to the ground, taking the remains of her sword with it. She couldn't seem to hang on to a good weapon for more than five minutes! The mysteries of the room were beginning to creep up in the back of her mind again, though, so she left the shattered sword and the wight's corpse behind and returned to the altar for another look. Perhaps the little key was hidden somewhere within...ascending the few stairs once again, Raven peered into the deep cylindrical holes one by one to see if she could spot anythin hidden within.

</font>Items:
Gold
Fruit (250g) // Mithril
Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion (100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond

Pendant (100g) // Gold Circlet x 2 (100g each) // Sapphire Necklace
(100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Brooch (10g)
// Golden Key (5g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Hithlain Cloak (equipped,
300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1
sword into
2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre
(?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
</font>Numenorean Longsword
(instantly slays 1 or 2 swords)</font>
Miruvor
(replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
21/Jun/2010, 06:37 PM
RAVEN: The cylindrical holes look very deep, too deep to gauge with the naked eye, for they are also only a few inches in diameter. Perhaps a think stick or thin metal rod inserted might be enough to gain some idea of the depth of the holes. In any event at the moment the mystery remains a mystery.

What would you like do?

Áfor
21/Jun/2010, 07:08 PM
Swords ~ 1
Shields ~ 3
Will ~ 2
Endurance ~ 7
Searches ~ 3
Treasures and Value ~ Ruby Ring
worth 75 Gold Coins
Items ~ Lucky Rabbit's Foot charm</font>, Two Torches
Defender




of Tombs

The path wore on, as Herion pushed on through the night, and climbed up the hill. if his memory served him right, he was on or near a mound right now, and would be finding one of the barrows soon. As the mists swirled, he saw low walls and their ruins all around himself, the remnants of what was once an alive place, and not this forsaken emptiness that surrounded him now. He soon reached what appeared to be the highest point, and from there, a new sight opened up to him.

The entrance to the barrow was visible in front of him, and he was surprisingly keen on entering it, and seeing to it that it had not been robbed. He walked briefly around the top, looking at the surroundings and keeping a wary eye out for any tracks. He noticed the pile of branches on the floor and took a few minutes to collect them and make torches out of them. The barrows were gloomy enough with a warm fire blazing, and he would rather not experience them with no light.

Just as he was done, and was about to enter the tomb, he heard a rustle to his right and turned swiftly to face it. His torch still unlit, he was poorly seen in the mists, what with his greyish worn out clothes, but the person opposite him seemed to have the same advantage. Still, their intent was clear to see, as they emerged out of the tomb laden with riches and seeking to hide as many of them as possible in their pockets and folds. There was little question as to what he would do, of course. He was here to protect the tombs, and protect them he would. Without much thought, he unsheathed his sword and attacked the person in front of himself, aiming straight for his throat, not about to bother with taking a prisoner. Grave robbers deserved noting more than death.
</font>

Taranuen
22/Jun/2010, 01:08 AM
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Eirien - Defender of the Tombs[/B]<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Swords2 / Shields 2 / Will 0 / Endurance 3 / Searches 3 / Experience 5[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Items:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Poison, Tinder, <S>Torch</S>, Tool Kit, Crowbar, Rope, Candle, Hammer, Box of nails, [/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Phial of Miruvor (drink to replace one Shield)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">2 x Lembas (consume 1 to replace 1 endurance)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><S>Spear of Calendil (worth 3 swords/450 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)</S>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Chain Vest (worth 4 Shields/500 Gold Coins/Quest Treasure)[/I]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasures &amp; Value:[/B]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Necklace with blue stones (150 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Warhelm x 2 (200 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Circlet (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">50 x 2 Gold Coins[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mithril Dragon Clasp (100 Gold)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Golden Chest (60 Gold)[/I]

<DIV>This was better. Eirien looked about the four caskets she saw, and let her thought rest upon each in turns. There must’ve been more useful tools in the casket with an anvil symbol on it, and she could as well collect them before moving on to the two closed caskets with star and moon symbols carved on them. Perhaps the silver key she had found would unlock them. And surely, she thought with as much hope as anticipation, nothing dark or harmful could hide behind the sun symbol?

<DIV>She moved closer to inspect the two open caskets, one with an anvil symbol and the other with the sun.

Naith Liathant
22/Jun/2010, 05:45 AM
HERION: Justice meted out! We all like to see that. Unless we happen to be of the Grave Robbing persuasion. Then perhaps not so keen.

You slay the Grave Robber and a Defender get double XP on that, so 2 XP to you!

The Grave Robber has 50 Gold Coins, and an Emerald Brooch worth 75 Gold Coins.

Will you enter the barrow now, or take a path through the mists? One such path leads through a copse to your right, and one other path leads through a narrow ditch to your right. Directly ahead the trail disappears through the fog over another rise.

EIRIEN: Inside the chest marked with the anvil you find a Warhelm worth 100 Gold Coins, a lock pick, a climber's kit, including mallet and stakes (!), and an axe, which can be used as a Sword, and may also be thrown.

Moving onto the chest marked with the sun, you find a phial of Miruvor, which when drunk will replace one lost Shield. You also find a brooch worth 10 Gold Coins. There is a book of elvish folk lore too, worth 50 Gold Coins to the right buyer, and Imladris or Mithlond would be brimming with such interested parties.

What do you do now?

Raven
22/Jun/2010, 07:32 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 0 // experience points - 16
//
Wanderer
</font>
The holes were too small and deep to see right to the bottom, so Raven set off about the chamber looking for a tool. The room was immaculate, however, no debris save for the thin layer of dust covering everthing around her. Her eyes settled on the felled Tomb Guardian.

Walking over to it, she steeled herself for what she was about to do. There was no other choice, and the mystery of the altar was too compelling to just leave. First poking the Guardian with her foot a couple of times, just to be certain it was actually dead, she hunched down beside it and grabbed its arm, the coldness of the corpse sending a chill through her. The undead flesh had rotten away, decades ago by the looks of it, the creature's skeleton partly exposed. She braced herself with one leg against the body, and grabbed hold of its left radius with one hand. Closed her eyes. Pulled with all her strength.

The long, thin bone came away from the creature's arm with a sickening dry crunching noise, and Raven fled back to the altar. She stuck her makeshift implement into each of the cylindrical holes in turn, hoping to hear the jingle of a key or some other treasure at the bottom.

</font>Items:
Gold
Fruit (250g) // Mithril
Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion (100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond


Pendant (100g) // Gold Circlet x 2 (100g each) // Sapphire Necklace
(100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Brooch (10g)
// Golden Key (5g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Hithlain Cloak (equipped,
300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1
sword into
2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre
(?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
</font>Numenorean Longsword
(instantly slays 1 or 2 swords)</font>
Miruvor
(replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>

Naith Liathant
22/Jun/2010, 09:11 AM
RAVEN: You soon come to realise that although industrious, your attempt to find some trigger mechanism or other device through this method is ill advised. The bone gets stuck only so far into the hole, and you realise it would take something longer and thinner, and more regular in shape to insert properly. You realise it would have to be something around the same length and shape as the sceptre you stashed a while back...

What do you do?

Raven
22/Jun/2010, 09:21 AM
// swords - 1 // shields - 0
// will - 0 // endurance - 4 // searches - 0 // experience points - 16
//
Wanderer
</font>
Raven pulled the bone from the too-small hole in the altar, threw it across the room in frustration. It shattered into dust against the cavern wall. She sighed, leaving the altar to take a seat on the small stair to ponder the problem. As she did, something jabbed her in the back. Ouch! She grabbed her pack, reached into it for whatever it was that had poked her, retrieved the sceptre from within. The thin branch it was made of tapered gently to a thin point at the end...Aha! Leaping up, she inserted the sceptre into the holes, one by one, hoping she would finally have some success...

</font>Items:
Gold
Fruit (250g) // Mithril
Fruit (200g) // Gold Medallion (100g) // Warhelm x 2 (100g each)
Diamond



Pendant (100g) // Gold Circlet x 2 (100g each) // Sapphire Necklace
(100g) // Ruby Ring (75g)
Gold Chain x 2 (50g each) // Brooch (10g)
// Golden Key (5g)
Coin Purse (50g)
Hithlain Cloak (equipped,
300g)
Torch (lit, 2 endurance remaining)
Potion of Strength (turn 1
sword into
2 swords during combat)
Lembas (replenish 1 endurance)
Sceptre
(?)
Used:
Numenorean Dagger (300g or 3 swords)
</font>Numenorean Longsword
(instantly slays 1 or 2 swords)</font>
Miruvor
(replace 1 shield)
Lockpick</font>