PDA

View Full Version : Save the Ale and Leaf! (Game)

Hermod
08/Jul/2010, 03:08 PM
<DIV>(OOC: This is a game based on the forum/card game Werewolf. )
<DIV>
<DIV>The situation
<DIV>
<DIV>Naror Ironfist, long suffering hero of the Erebor Mountain Watch has uncovered evidence of a plot by an elite group of Hobbit criminals. Disguising themselves with fake beards they've infiltrated the Lonely Mountain with the intent of stealing the dwarves' ale supplies.
<DIV>
<DIV>Aim of the Game
<DIV>For Dwarves (including Seer and GA)- root out all the Hobbits before theymake off with all of the ale
<DIV>For Hobbits - avoid detection for long enough that you out number the remaining dwarves
<DIV>
<DIV>Rules
<DIV>1. If you areout you do not try and influence the game via PM or the Forum. (If you are the Seer and you are taken out, you do not get to transfer any information after your death.)
2. Days will update approximately every 72 hours.
3. Game discussion and RPonly please.
4. In the event of a tied vote theAccusation will be Random courtesy of this list randomiser: http://www.random.org/lists/ (http://www.random.org/lists/)
5. Rules for Seer - Seer checks 1 person around to determine their true status.
6.Rules for Guardian Angel - The Guardian Angel gets to protect 1 person from the Hobbit's thieving handsper round of voting, this can be themselves or another person. They may not protect the same person for more than one turn at a time.
<DIV>7. Rules for Hobbits - Select one player each round to steal from. This will take them out of the game. If there are multiple Hobbits then you will be aware of each others identites and are stronglyencouraged to work as a team.
<DIV>8. Signup by posting an IC post of bimbling round the Mountain/everyday life
<DIV>9. Game is open to all plaza members, although it might eb an idea if you NPC a Dwarf if you're not an Eriador native
<UL dir=ltr>
<LI>If not votes are received by the people with specific roles then nothing will happen so make sure you get your votes in early remember you can always change your mind.
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">I will PM the roles in about 72 hours when I know how many players I have (and thus how many Hobbits I need). The First action is 72 hours of sign-up. I'll then post to kick the game off. This will then be followed buy the first round of accusations, next the Seer gets the results of their vision and then the Hobbits strike.</LI>[/list]Edited by: Hermod

Raven
08/Jul/2010, 03:45 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall

Merena pottered about her tiny chamber deep within the rock of the Lonely Mountain, rearranging her furniture and replacing the spent torches around the room. The bright orange light flashed and sparkled off the fine veins of metal exposed within the walls, tiny specks of ash gently falling to the floor as the flame began to burn through the wood.

She sighed. There was just something about this place that didn’t feel like home yet. Maybe she just needed more time to get used to it. Maybe it was because she wasn’t drunk enough. Hmm. All this work was making her awfully thirsty. Placing the newly-lit torch she was holding in its sconce and leaving her haphazardly arranged furniture behind her, she headed for the ale cellar.</font>

Aerlinn Mordagnir
09/Jul/2010, 08:08 PM
NPC Taye Endrock

Taye was bored. Bored, bored, bored! He had spent the day puttering around his quarters, the forge, and most of the rest of the Lonely Mountain...and somehow, nothing had actually gotten done, and he was still bored. Now he was back in his chambers, absently tossing a nugget of iron from hand to hand and staring blankly at the wall. With a grumble, Taye stood and returned to the forge carrying a half-finished dagger with him. The hilt was done, it was now only the blade that needed work. Finding a suitable piece of metal, the dwarf heated over the coals and began to shape it with a small hammer. His work was precise and delicate, belying his rough appearance.

An hour or so later, Taye put down the hammer and examined the to-be blade carefully. It still needed to be sharpened, but the dwarf thought it would serve its purpose well. There was time for that later however. As it was nearing the end of the day, the ale cellar seemed like a good place to be. He tucked the unsharpened blade and hilt into his belt and then headed down to the cellars.</font>

Lottie Dagda Girarion
10/Jul/2010, 07:03 AM
NPC Jel Lightstone

Jel sat against a wall, listlessly tossing a chipped crystal. She leaned her head back against the wall and continued tossing the crystal. After a few minutes, she realized that she was only moving her hand, and that the crystal had disappeared. Grumbling, she started looking for it.

A couple hours later, Jel was disheveled, scraped up, and still crystalless. She threw her hands up in defeat and wandered off to the ale cellar to fetch some ale.

Brillonnien
10/Jul/2010, 05:35 PM
NPC Tova Irongrip

Somewhere in the bowels of the Lonely Mountain, Tova Irongrip (not to be confused with the Ironfist family… a proud and most worthy family with good choice in names) looks longingly into her empty tankard of ale. Then she looks longingly at her empty plate. She doesn't even remember eating the food. Did she? Or is she having some sort of hallucination/memory problem? Her stomach is still growling. And the food. The food. The food should be easy enough to replace. There in the cabinet beyond the doorway and in the pantry, food should be. But the ale, alas that she seems to have run out of. Completely. And what is a good dwarf without ale?

Hermod
12/Jul/2010, 09:46 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">(OOC: Just to keep you guys in the loop. I'm going to leave sign-up open a little longer to see if anyone players sign up, we're currently a little short on numbers)

scribe
12/Jul/2010, 06:48 PM
Borbo Tokstone

Borbo loved some good ale. But while he could have sworn have seen it, there was no tankard on the table by his chair. He glanced at the clock. Ah well it wasabout time anyway. He made his way meticulously down to the cellar in the evenings, every eveningwith unfailing precision.So got up and he made his way down to the cellars. Dwarf ale was famous for a reason. So this one as well he ambled through the halls with meticulous steps. Finally he reached the cellar hallway. the rich smell of open ale reached his powerful nostrils and he made his way down the hall and into the cellar. it was as if he had walked into heaven. The place never seemed to loose its charm

Firiel Silverswan
14/Jul/2010, 11:20 PM
NPC - Siri Quartzshine

Siripaced the cool, cramped cavern she called her own. Questions whirled in her head as she puzzled over the tankard of ale she could have sworn she had set on her little table. Fingering the quartz stone at her throat, she said, "I'm sure I didn't drink it!"Sighing, she walked out of her 'room' and headed towards the cellar, promising herself she wouldn't let this tankard out of her hand, much less out of her sight.

Edited by: Fíriel Silverswan

Hermod
15/Jul/2010, 10:24 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">OOC: I've PMed those with Special Roles to inform them of what they need to do, if you don't have a PM from me then congratulations! You're anDwarf! We'll be running with 1 Seer, 1 GA, 1 Hobbit and 3 ordinary Dwarves.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">-----
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">It had been a long night shift. Naror had spent the quiet hours of the night keeping watch through the tunnels of the Mountain, trying to catch the hairy-footed infiltrator that he knew was on the loose. The rest of the Mountain Watch had long since retired to their beds, knowing full well their boss was crazy.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The Watchhouse was quiet as the dwarves arrived for the morning shift. No snooring from the Boss' Office, no duty roster, in fact, no boss. Settling down to await his arrival they joked amongst themselves as to how best to take the micky out of him when he did eventually arrive but eventually it began to dawn on them they they might need to go find him.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">A little while later one of the patrols found him in his own ale celler. Having eventually given up the hunt he had returned home for a quick pint before bed, only to find his supply gone. Distraught at the loss he could only stare dumbly at the empty room and it quickly became apparent that he'd be of no further use to the investigation. It would now be up to others to find the thief.

Raven
15/Jul/2010, 12:35 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall

As she ambled through the maze of tunnels under the Lonely Mountain, each one expertly carved by ancient Dwarven hands and kept well-lit with bright torches lining the walls, something strange was happening. Dwarves were racing up the halls with panicked looks on their faces, spouting some sort of unintelligible gibberish. Managing to catch one’s attention, Merena asked him what the problem was. The ale! The dwarf she had collared cried. The ale is gone!

What? Gone?! This couldn’t be happening! Upon hearing the news Merena, too, began racing towards the ale cellar, searching frantically on the way for any clues as to who was behind this shocking crime. As she ran, she thought about which dwarves seemed suspicious to her. Tova Irongrip's beard had always looked a bit...fake, at least to Merena. Maybe...</font>

Edited by: Raven

Hermod
16/Jul/2010, 12:13 AM
OOC Clarification: since I've now been asked twice about this I probably should have explained it better in the OP. If you are a 'special', you need to PM me your choice for your special ability, standard accusations however should go in the thread as part of your post each round. Please feel free to discuss and debate who these ICly and try and influence each others votes etc.

Firiel Silverswan
16/Jul/2010, 01:13 AM
NPC - Siri Quartzshine</span>

Sirientered the cellar, but it was empty! Seeing a dwarf nearby, she grabbed his arm. "Who did this!?"</span>"A hobbit did it! He somehow got in and stole it all!" the dwarf said.</span>She let his arm go. "A hobbit? Must have tried to disguise himself." She began thinking of the dwarves she had seen lately. "Jel Lightstonehas been hanging around the cellars quite a lot lately," </span>Sirimurmured."Better check her feet the next time I see her."</span></span></span>

Lottie Dagda Girarion
16/Jul/2010, 07:22 AM
NPC - Jel Lightstone

Jel gasped in shock and outrage when she realized what had happened to Naror. She darted over to her own ale to make sure it was still safe. It was, luckily - Jel wasn't sure how she would have coped without it. She glanced suspiciously at her fellow dwarves. If any of them start mourning overdramatically, she thought, I'm sure that'll mark a faker. Hairy feet and thin beards could be bypassed - behavior, I'm sure, couldn't. With that, Jel started to walk towards Siri, clipped a wall with her shoulder on the way there, and faceplanted.

"That does it!" she exclaimed, voice muffled by dirt. "We need to keep an eye on Siri!"

Aerlinn Mordagnir
16/Jul/2010, 06:12 PM
NPC Taye Endrock

When Taye reached the cellars he closed his eyes momentarily to
breath in the familiar and wonderful smell of well-stocked ale. Only,
it seemed fainter than it usually was for some reason. The dwarf
frowned and opened his eyes. The sight that greeted him was truly
horrifying. The cellar was...empty! Or at least, emptier. One whole
stash of ale was missing; Naror's it seemed, as that was the
name flying about the place. Taye grumbled and made his way over
to his own stash. Who could have done such a thing anyways?<br clear="all">
The dwarf glared suspiciously at the others around him. One of them was responsible for this, he was sure of it! And he would be dead before he let the thief get his stash of ale! "It's that Hammerfall," Taye mumbled to himself. "What's her name again? I bet its Merena!"</font>

Hermod
19/Jul/2010, 10:13 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The dwarves took their time and considered their options (over a tankard of beer of course). Names were put forward as possible suspects but unfortunately, no concensus could be reached. Accusations and counter accusations were made but no clear suspect was singled out so in the end, they drew names out of a tankard and Merena Hammerfall was arrested for the crime.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">That night the Dwarves slept well. Safe in the knowledge that their ale and leaf supplies were safe.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Come morning though, it was another matter. A great cry came up from the cellars as Borbo Tokstone was informed that his supplies were gone.

Raven
19/Jul/2010, 01:53 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall

Just as she had marched up to that shady Taye Endrock to confront him, a pair of guards walked up beside her. The taller one grabbed her arms and bound them behind her, while the shorter one announced that she was under arrest for the theft of Naror’s ale. What? I don’t even know who that is! Noticing the smug look on Taye’s face as the guards tried to lead her away, she scowled at him. This was all your doing, wasn’t it? I hope it’s your ale that gets stolen next! The guards pulled at her arm, and reluctantly she allowed herself to be guided through the maze of tunnels to the cold prison at the very heart of the Lonely Mountain.</font>

Lottie Dagda Girarion
20/Jul/2010, 02:40 AM
NPC - Jel Lightstone

Jel frowned when she woke up to find Borbo huddled in a corner, ale-less. "It can't have been Merena," she mulled. "Actually, I'm inclined to think it was Taye - and not just because Merena said so, either! Taye was the one to vote for Merena yesterday, and out of all of us survivors, I think she would've been most likely to steal Borbo's ale."

Firiel Silverswan
20/Jul/2010, 02:57 AM
NPC -Siri Quartzshine</span>

</span>Siri ran to the celler as soon as she heard that Borbo's supplies were gone.Apparently a good night's sleep had put Jelin a better mood, since she was actually reasoning things out instead of accusing the first person she saw after running into a wall. Siridecided not to get mad at the dwarf for yesterday. Everyone's emotions were running high, she thought. "I agree with Jel,"Sirisaid. "Tayewas the only one who accused </span>Merena, so she very well could be the thief."</span></span>(Accusing </font>Taye,</font>just to make that clear</font>smileys/smiley2.gif)</span>

Aerlinn Mordagnir
22/Jul/2010, 05:38 AM
NPC Taye Endrock

"What is this?" Taye demanded angrily as several accusations were leveled at him. "We drew names out of a tankard for Mahal's sake! It could just as easily have been whoever Tova picked out! Or you, Jel! Or you!" he half-shouted, pointing at Siri. Grumbling, Taye stomped off from the group, nursing his own tankard of ale. "Fools!" he muttered. "They arrest me and they'll just be sorry later!"

"Bet its you!" Taye accused Siri, whirling around suddenly. [i]"You, Siri! With your so-called logic!"[i]
</font>

Firiel Silverswan
22/Jul/2010, 06:27 AM
NPC -Siri Quartzshine</span></span>
</span></span>Siriwas shocked when Tayestarted yelling at her. "Why are you yelling at me? Jel's the one who accused you! If anything, your outburst proves you're the thief!" She stepped forward, grabbing for Taye'sbeard. One good tug would prove to everyone Taye was the hobbit in disguise.</span></span>

Lottie Dagda Girarion
22/Jul/2010, 07:44 AM
NPC - Jel Lightstone

"Actually," Jel said, "that's the point. I did accuse him - but you're the one who jumped on the accusation. Really, Taye has a point. I'm hardly going to change my accusation," she added quickly, raising her hands defensively, "but you happen to be second on my list of suspicion."

Hermod
22/Jul/2010, 01:54 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Before Siri could tug at Taye's beard, the guards interviened. "Steady now," one of them muttered as the pair were seperated. Counting up the votes though it quickly became apparent that Taye would be joining Merena cells. Once more the dwarves of the mountain slept soundly in their beds, safe in the knowledge that this time the culprit had been apprehended!
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The morning dawned, as they are want to, andJel went about heir daily business. It didn't take long though beforeit was noted thatTova was missing. With aheavy heart she made her way cellars whereexpecting theworst. As it was, the situation was even more dire. As she enterred the cool room she saw Tova morning her lost supplies. As she stood and stared though she noticed something odd. It seems that with the depleted numbers of dwarves, the sneaky hobbit had managed to sneak off with all the ale!
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The only clue left being a small patch of fuzz on the gound that, upon closer inspection looked remarkablely like Siri's beard.....

Firiel Silverswan
23/Jul/2010, 06:28 AM
Aww man! And I didn't get a chance to start a fight!smileys/smiley4.gif

Seriously, though, that was fun! Are you going to do another round, Hermod?

Lottie Dagda Girarion
23/Jul/2010, 06:52 AM
*ahem* May I just say, I totally called it? smileys/smiley4.gif Really, though, congrats, Firi! Thanks for hosting this, Hermod! smileys/smiley2.gif I'd love to play another round, if you wanted to host another.

Aerlinn Mordagnir
24/Jul/2010, 05:39 PM
smileys/smiley31.gif Firiel! You, ale-stealer, you! I was right to call you out!smileys/smiley3.gif

Anyhoo, I too would be happy to play another round. These games are always fun. Thanks for GMing Hermod!

Raven
24/Jul/2010, 06:15 PM
Congratulations, F</font>í</font>riel, you thieving little hobbitsmileys/smiley3.gif

Thanks for GMing Hermod, I'd love to play again as well!</font>

Edited by: Raven

Hermod
26/Jul/2010, 08:13 PM
I may well run another shortly, although we could do with a few more players to make the game more interesting (and longer running). So spread the word guys!