PDA

View Full Version : The Pub of the Season

Idesinholde
14/Sep/2010, 05:50 AM
<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">The Pub of the
Season
</font></span>[/i][/b]
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/lailazeschatje/20081121222552_fall_trees_pblog.jpg
Image from; Worlds in digital</font>

Outside of the caves leaves were turning orange and falling to the ground while
occasional showers of rain washed the mountain. Inside the caves were as warm
and as cold as they always were; fires burning, dwarves bustling activity &amp;
the continuous restoration of the interiors Smaug had so defiled.

Not far from the entrance of the <st1:place w:st="&#111;n"><st1:PlaceName w:st="&#111;n">Lonely</st1:PlaceName>
<st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Mountain</st1:place></st1:place>, but not far
from some of the inner chambers an opening in the stone in carved. One could
hear cheering, singing and merriment far before one came close enough to see
the light of the torches and the fireplaces.

Everything seemed to be built out of the stone walls, the fireplaces, the long
bar of stone and the stone tables in the many alcoves. Only the chairs and the
pint mugs seemed wooden. A hobbit might find the height of the furniture more
fitting than a man as it was a public house made by dwarves for dwarves. It had
been one of the first places restored to its former glory and the stone
carvings were simple but stunning.

Ale, wine, mead and other popular drinks were sold generously, and a simple
meal could easily be asked for too.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">Guidelines

[/i][/b]- NPC the staff please

- Have fun and interact with one another

- We will be (the Rulers of Wilderland)</font> adding scenarios to be role-played (unless
you choose not to)</font> at certain intervals to keep things fresh and fun.
Feel free
to make suggestions to any of us</span></font></font>

Edited by: Idesinholde

Lobelia Brindleway
15/Sep/2010, 11:48 AM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">It was a cold Autumn afternoon, the leaves on the trees where a beautiful orange and brown and some of the leaves littered the ground.
Bellethiel wasin a horse and cart heading upto the'Pub of the Season' pub to have a few drinks with her mother, Amaniel Laegiel and to catch up with her.As theyarrived at the lonely mountain, Bellethiel wrapped up in her elven dark red cloak, stepped out of the carriage, thanked and paided the driver and started heading up to the pub.
The opening of the pub was carved out of stone.As it was quite early in the afternoon, it was quite quiet around and it didn't look like no one was in the pub, except for the waiters and bar tenders.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Bellethiel stepped into the pub. The light from the fireplacesand torches inside the pub created a softwarm glow on her face. She found she was the only customer at the moment and she could see a dwarf standing behind the stone bar.
When he looked up to see who had entered the pub. He gave her a warm smile and said "Greetings, young elf. What can I get for you?"
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Bellethiel smiled and said "Hello there. It's quiet in here, I am the only customer for now." she giggled "I am meeting my mother here for catch up with her. This place looks lovely by the way." she said to the dwarf.She looked around the pub and headed over to one of the stone tables and wooden chairs andsat down. Because it was a housecreated by dwarves, the chairswereof low height but she managed to sit down.
The dwarf came over to her with a smile and she said "I'd like an ale, please." and he nodded his answer and got right to it.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">As she waited for her drink and her mother, she took the time to look around the pub. She noticed everything was made of stone except the chairs and the mugs.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">The dwarf came back over to her with her drink and set it down on the table. Belle smiled and said thanks to him then the bartender said "Would you like anything else? we have a cheese and cracker platter on the menu today."
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Belle thought this would be good to share with her mother, so she said "Oh sounds delicious. Oh yes please, I'll share it with my mother."
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">The dwarf smiled and went off to get her platter and she sipped her ale and looked out of the stone carved window at the lovely autumn leaves on the trees. Edited by: Bellethiel

Beliowen
15/Sep/2010, 09:22 PM
NPC Alfskald

Alf could feel the autumn approach down to his bones. He had always loved the changing of colours in the areas outside the mountain! But the mountain itself remained the same, the industry of the dwarves kept it much the same. The sounds of cheer where enthralling, and followed them into a carved stone room lit with many fires. The feeling was heartwarming. That was why he had always enjoyed autumn.

Alf noticed an elf of Mirkwood enter the pub. That was a rather random visitor to the lonely mountain, but Mirkwood elves were always preferable to the hostile elves from Lorien. They seemed to detest dwarves so much. He wondered if they knew his friend Aerlinniel from Mirkwood, and an elf he had met long ago, one Beliowen from the golden wood, but she was but a memory imprinted in the mind of a dwarf child.

Ordering his salted pork, and a pint of the finest ale from the Lonely Mountain, he approached the elf Bellethiel.
"Suilaid, fair elf. Do you hail from Mirkwood? I wonder if you know two of my friends Olly and Aerlinniel, I believe they are both part of the Laegiel family. I would very much like to hear news of them, for I find that they are both dwarf friends, and Olly is especially fond of dwarvish culture. I have never seen someone of the eldar so fond of ale!

Lobelia Brindleway
16/Sep/2010, 10:10 AM
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">It wasn'tlong tillthe dwarf bartender came back carrying a big cheese and cracker platter and set it down upon her table. Belle thanked him and started putting some cheese onto a cracker and placing it into her mouth. As she ate she looked out of the window at the beauty of the nature that Autumn had brought on.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">As she looked down at ther plate and then out the corner of her eye, she saw someone standing next to her table. She looked up to find a dwarf (Alf)looking down at her. She hadn't seen him in the pub when she came in or whether he had just arrived she wasn't sure. He spoke to her and asked her whether she hailed from Mirkwood and whether she knew of his two friends, Olly and Aerlinniel.and that he'd like to hear news of them.
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Belle smiled at him and replied "Hello there. I am Bellethiel Laegiel. Nice to meet you. and yes, I do know of Olly and Aerlinniel. Olly is my grandmother, my mother Amaniel Laegiel's mother and Aerlinniel is my great aunt.I don't see them often but I do believe they are well. I am meeting my mother, Amaniel here, to catch up with her. It would be nice if you could join us. And I have this cheese and cracker platter here, which I cannot eat all of my own, help yourself.' Belle pushed the platter towards the dwarf and when the dwarf told her he'd never seen anyone in the eldar so fond of ale.
Belle laughed and said "Oh, I love ale! cheers!" then she said but more to herself than the dwarf, Alf. "hmm....now where has my mother got too."Edited by: Bellethiel

Amaniel Laegiel
19/Sep/2010, 06:53 PM
Amaniel arrived at the pub of all seasons, it was Autumn and the leaves on the trees had changed, from green to yellow, orange and brown, and very pretty they looked too. There was a chill in the air and she pulled her silver cloak tighter around her.

As she approached the pub she noticed it was a cave, she hesitated, unsure about entering the cave, she preferred being outdoors and in wide open spaces, she didnt like being closed in but if she wanted to meet her daughter she would have to go in.

Taking a deep breath she entered the cave, as her eyes adjusted to the light she noticed that the pub was mostly made of stone, she also noticed a fire was burning in the fire place and torches hung around the walls, she shivered, this wasnt her place at all, in her opinion the stone was cold, ugly and uninviting.

Amaniel spotted her daughter sitting at one of the stone tables that were scattered throughout the pub, she was talking to a dwarf, and they appeared to be the only customers so far, she waved at her before heading to the bar "can i have a glass of wine please" she asked she waited until her drink was ready then carried it over to where her daughter was sitting, she lowered herself into the chair opposite, the chair was too low in her opinion and clearly not built for elves.</font>

Lobelia Brindleway
20/Sep/2010, 06:27 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">It wasn't long until, her mother(Amaniel)arrived. Belle waved to her, and watched her mother go to the bar and order a drink then she carried it over to their table.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">She said "Hey, mum! How are you?" and she hugged her "Here have some cheese and crackers, i know you love cheese." and she pushed the platter towards her mother.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Then she introduced her mother to the dwarf (Alf) "Mother this is....ohh!" I haven't asked you, your name yet." Belle laughed and said to alf, "what is your name? .... he was just asking if i know of Olly and Aerlinniel..and i told him that they are my great aunt and grandmother, he wanted to know news of them, but as i don't see them often, i do not know what they are up too butI believe they are well." Belle finished and reached for another cheese cracker. "How are you mother? and what have you been up too?"

Aisil
20/Sep/2010, 09:00 PM
NPC Nīm</font>

Dwarfette</font>
</font>Nīm </font>entered the new pub, fully expecting to find it stuffed with dwarves who needed their daily dose of ale. Instead, she found only one other dwarf and...a bunch of elves? Now that was a sight she didn`t see every day. She wasn`t too fond of elves, but she wasn`t bothered by them either. The only other dwarf seemed to be in conversation with the elves though, so she`d had to make her way over to them too or she`d be sitting on her own again.</font>
</font>She`d been sitting on her own way too often already, it was about time she found herself some more friends. Deciding to take the safe way she approached the other dwarf first.</font> "Good day, I`m Nīm" </font>She said to him, wondering if she`d ever met him before... it would be kinda silly to introduce herself to someone she`d met before. Unfortunately, her memory wasn`t awfully good so she tended to forget people she hadn`t met more than once or twice.</font>
</font>"Ehh...hi, I`m Nīm" </font>She said then, turning to the group of elves. They appeared to be Mirkwood elves, which made her feel at least a bit more comfortable. She`d met a few of them before. She`d never met one from Lothlorien or Rivendell but from what she`d heard they were supposed to be awful, snobby and arrogant. Mirkwood elves were more down to earth though, just like the dwarves. She tucked her beard in her belt and waited for the elves and the dwarf to react to her presence, hoping they wouldn`t mind her joining them.</font>

Beliowen
20/Sep/2010, 09:52 PM
NPC Alfskald

Alf </font>looked up as he felt another patron enter the caves. Another elf. Well, well, these new days were leading to everything being so unexpected. He saw the resemblance between mother and daughter, and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Well, well my ladies, I am Alfskald , still an apprentice goldsmith I must say, and well I haven't gotten my hands on any mithril yet unfortunately, though I do have a few fair ideas what I can do with it. I once had the honour of meeting Olly right here in the lonely mountain where we had a lovely chat about the merits of good non wholesome dwarfish food. Oh, and Aerlinniel I happen to know through her sister in law of course. Both charming elves I must say, and I'm sure that since you are family you will also be exceedingly charming!":

Alf was mightily pleased when another dwarf entered the Pub. " Ah Nim, I believe I do know you by sight, might have even been introduced, but I'm sure a good pint of dwarven ale blinded me to your dwarven beauty. Please do come and join us in this little conversation we are having." Alf looked admiringly at her beard, it was indeed very long. She seemed a bit uncomfortable with these two elves, but he knew it would all turn out fine!

"Well Nim would you like me to get you anything? Some roasted beef perhaps?"
</font></font>

Lobelia Brindleway
20/Sep/2010, 10:32 PM
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Belle enjoyed listening to Alf, tell her mother and her his name and how he knew of Olly and Aerlinniel. It was nice to have a little chit chat with a dwarf, she hadn't really spoken to one before, and as he had told them both about Olly and Aerlinniel both being charming elves and that because they were family, Amaniel and Belle must too be exceedinly charming, Belle has taken quite a liking to Alf and hoped they would become friends. This would be her first dwarf friend!
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">Suddenly the door opened and in came another dwarf. Nim, saw them and approached them, but she seemed uncomfortable around Amaniel and herself and introduced herself to Alf first. She listened to alf as he spoke to her and asked her to join them. Then Nim introduced herself, to Belle and her mother, Amaniel. She didn't seem to look like she was too fond of elves.
In this case, Belle tried to sound as friendly as possible as first impressions where everything. "Hello there, Nim...oh that's a lovely name by the way. My name is Bellethiel Laegiel and this is my mother, Amaniel Laegiel. I'm glad you joined us...same to you, alf...I've not really spoken to dwarves before. I hope we can become friends." Belle smiled
<DIV leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" ="WebWizRTE">"Would you care for some cheese and crackers, Nim?" Belle pushed the platter towards her.Edited by: Bellethiel

Aisil
21/Sep/2010, 12:04 PM
NPC Nīm</font>Dwarfette</font>
</font>Nīmgrinned when </span>Alftold her that it could have been that they had been introduced to each other but that he couldn`t remember for sure either, at least she wasn`t the only one who didn`t have the best of memories. A slight blush appeared on her face when he next started speaking on her dwarven beauty, for dwarven men weren`t usually particularly charming to the ladies so she wasn`t used to compliments. Luckily, her beard would cover most of her blush so hopefully no one had noticed. "I`d love to" She responded quickly when he invited her to join their conversation. After all, it wasn`t every day that you got to talk to the secretive elves of Mirkwood...though she still wasn`t entirely sure she felt comfortable talking to them.</span></font>
</span></font>"Roasted beef would be lovely, thanks" </span>She said as Alf offered to get her something, as the question reminded her that she hadn`t eaten a thing for hours and that getting something to eat had been her main motivation to go to the pub in the first place. Soon after the elf, named </span>Bellethiel, introduced herself and her mother. It was amazing how you could have five generations of elves standing in front of you, all alive and looking very young indeed.</span> "It`s a pleasure to meet you </span>Bellethiel, and you too </span>Amaniel"</span><i style="font-weight: normal; "> She said politely to the two elves.[/i] "I have never really spoken to elves before either, so I think we can learn a great deal from each other"</span><i style="font-weight: normal; "> She said, a smile appearing on her face. Maybe she was going to enjoy their company after all, they sure seemed a whole lot more polite than she had heard from her friends and relatives[/i]. "No, I`m already getting some roast beef, but thank you for offering" </span>Nīm <i style="font-weight: normal; ">said to [/i]Bellethiel <i style="font-weight: normal; ">when she offered her some cheese with crackers.[/i]</font></span>

Edited by: Melwen Laegiel

Idesinholde
27/Sep/2010, 02:14 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE align=center marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Scenario to be role-played

There was a scream from one of the guest and then some huffing and puffing , stomping feet &amp; axes raised while bloodlust filled the dwarven eyes.

A rat had been spootted under one of the tables!

What does your charachter do? Kill it? Catch it? Ignore it? Or do you look at the whole ordeal as entertainment? Not to mention what kind of rat is this? Are there more?

kori_silverbear
29/Sep/2010, 06:37 PM
Just has Kori had entered the Lonely Mountain he heard a scream from nearby. Rushing toward the sound his axe and hand the dwarf wandered what was occuring. Tha awful dragon, he had seen around these parts had been killed, and the dwarves had reclaimed the area. Was there something else dangerous that had ventured forth now that the particular threat of the firebreather was over.

The scream seemed to eminate from a placefrom whencethe sweet smell of dwarvisg ale drifted to the Dwarf's nostrils. Great!, he thought something to interrupt the process of quenching the great thirst caused by the dusty roads of travel.

Fearing the worst, the silver-haired dwarf was shocked to see all this reaction was due to a rat. Briefly he considered putting an end to this scene (besides rats could curb some hunger if nothing better was around), but decided there was better fare to be found and continued toward the bar, after stowing his axe. it was reserved for slaying other things.

Aušri
01/Oct/2010, 04:53 AM
Almandine Rainfoot

Almandine drew her feet up underneath her, a hand reaching up to similarly pull her beard back, its beading catching the light and reflecting back in the eyes of the rat staring at her. Really. This was something for the pub master to deal with, not someone who was trying to quietly enjoy a drink and lovingly contemplate their hoard. Waving her free hand at one of the staff, she requested a glass of apple ale. "On second thought, make it two," she yelled hoarsely after the retreating dwarf. Kori had just walked in and looked mildly like decapitating the rodent population before thinking better of it. "Sit down," she said rather imperiously, nodding to the seat opposite her. "Coming from guard duty?"</font>

kori_silverbear
06/Oct/2010, 03:49 PM
Kori's steady pace toward the bar was soon broken by the voice of another. An elf it seemed was among the almost empty seeming halls of the mountain. The dwarf smiled as a couple of apple ales were ordered. Turning to Almandine he spoke.

Thanks for the offer, I think I will join you friend. I've come in from Journeying, and am not a formal guard but the protection of the lands is something we all should contribute to.

Sitting down the dwarf prepared to quench his neverending thirst. Or at least make a dent in it.

Beliowen
06/Oct/2010, 06:21 PM
NPC Alfskald

Alf heard the screams, and saw the dwarves scramble as a rat darted underneath the tables. It would not do for the elven ladies to think that they were unhygienic, and probably desert the pub, and leave and never return to the lonely mountain. he thought tourism was important, especially if they could sell of some of their more mediocre creations for it wouldn't do to sell abroad some of their best works. Grabbing his handy hammer, he situated himself in front of the elves Bellethiel and Amaniel to make sure that they weren't bothered by the rat, and to show that he was taking care of these esteemed guests of the Lonely mountain. The rat seemed to move away at that moment, and it darted off to another area.

"Nim, could I have a private conversation with you please?" he stood and beckoned the dwarfette towards the bar, where he asked the bartender for something strong, which was immediately offered and looking at Nim, he gulped and said very very quickly "Would you like to go out with me?" Thank Aule for his long beard for otherwise he would have appeared red.

Aisil
07/Oct/2010, 08:50 PM
</font>Nīmraised a subtle eyebrow as she heard a scream and noticed people all around her panicking over a rat. She sure hoped none of the screaming people were dwarves or dwarfette`s, as they`d be a disgrace to their courageous folk here in the Lonely Mountain. Luckily, plenty of people stood up to take care of the rat so she wouldn`t have to worry about getting her hands dirty herself. Not that she would have minded doing so of course, which dwarf didn`t enjoy hacking a rat into pieces with their rat every once in a while... she was afraid her newfound elven companions were animal loving people who wouldn`t enjoy it as much though.</span></font>
</span></font>Soon after all the commotion was starting to disappear the dwarf she`d met earlier, </span>Alfskald, asked to have a private conversation with her. "Ehh...sure" </span>She said, though wondering why the dwarf could possibly want to have a private conversation with her. Maybe he thought she should have shown the dwarven courage and should have helped them get rid of the rat.</span></font>
</span></font>It turns out that he didn`t want to say anything of that kind, and he wanted to ask her a question instead. The question Alfskaldasked her caught her completely off-guard, for she couldn`t remember ever having been asked out before. She wasn`t an old dwarf, and so far she`d been quite a loner. "I..I`d love to" She responded to him, her cheeks glowing bright red, but luckily covered up mostly by her beard. "Where would you suggest to go?"She asked.</font></span>

Edited by: Melwen Laegiel

Lobelia Brindleway
07/Oct/2010, 09:20 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Belle watched the action around her as the dwarves started to act upon a rat that had suddenly appeared. The rat scurried towards another area of the pub thanks toBelle when she decided to throw it some cracker, and it landed across the other side of the pub. Luckily she had the crackers.She wasn't scared of rats but she didn't like them under her feet or touching rats.
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Just then the dwarves Alf and Nim went off to the bar and left her and her mother by themselves. Uhm...wonder why Alf wanted a private conversation with Nim? she wondered, but she decided its not her business so continued to munch on her cheese and crackers, checking the floor now and again to see if the rat was coming towards their table, and if it did, she'd throw it another cracker.Edited by: Bellethiel

Beliowen
08/Oct/2010, 09:23 PM
NPC Alfskald

Alf was absolutely delighted that Nim had said yes. He noticed her blushed, and felt mightily pleased with himself. "I've had a bit of a crush on you for a while, but didn't think I'd have the guts to ask you out, but this is a season of change, and I thought it was time! It doesn't matter where we go on our date, as long as you are happy there and don't mind going out with me! Shall we go back to the elves, it wouldn't do to completely desert them, even though I am too happy to care!"

He moved back towards Bellethiel and Amaniel and excused himself for having to speak to Nim privately. "Are you scared of rats? Would you scream at the top of your voice is one crawled up your leg?" </font>

Aisil
10/Oct/2010, 04:37 PM
</font>A shy smile appeared on Nīm`slips when Alfskaldsaid that he`d had a crush on her for a while now but that he didn`t have the guts to ask her out yet. "I didn`t have the slightest clue, I`m not too good at noticing when people seem to like me." She said with a grin. She could only smile when he said that he didn`t mind the place they`d go out, he`d be happy as long as they were actually going out together. "I myself don`t mind either, I`ve heard Ravenhill has a lovely view over the kingdom of Erebor. We could take a look there, it`s been a long time since I`ve seen the majestic ravens of Erebor anyway" She suggested before nodding when he suggested to return to their elf company. They were probably getting suspicious about the two dwarves whispering together anyway. She herself would probably think the elves were conspiring against them if the elves would do the same thing.</font>
</font>She laughed when Alfskaldasked if they were afraid of the rats. "I`m not of course, us dwarves aren`t afraid of anything" She said proudly. There were probably more than a few things which they were actually afraid of but her kind was way too proud to ever admit that. No, in their eyes their own race was mighty and fearless.</font></span>

Tornihyanda
31/Oct/2010, 04:59 PM
Tornihyandawalked slowly through the streets of the Lonely Mountain. All those places that he once recognized as his home, seemed now vague and deem to his eyes. His travels around Middle-Earth had pushed him away from those sites and he could barely now see it as his home. It was with nostalgia that he looked to every corner, to every wall, to every hole in the floor. Quite a few things had changed, but in the essential, everything remained the same.He was thirsty and his throat was so much dry that it actually hurt. He could feel the dust clinging to his mouth, but it was impossible for him to spit it out. He desperately needed a place where he could find a good drink and consequently, on his mind, there was only one image on his head. The welcoming sign of a pub, inviting the fellow Dwarven drinkers to pay a visit inside and wash away all the sadness and troubles of life.

It was with a sigh that he finally stepped into the door of a pub, the Pub of the Season. Pubs, were always the thing that had attracted him the most when he came to town and after all that time away, he still felt the same way. Erebor could be a little bit emptier than what he had left behind, but he was rotting that the Pubs of the Lonely Mountain kept the same vigour as always. No matter what, a Pub had always a warming and friendly atmosphere surrounding it, and even when it was hosting a pub brawl in the inside, no pub ever lost the happy face that made it them soirresistible. Hopefully this one wouldn't let him down!