PDA

View Full Version : Naval RP ~The Crimson Fleet

Rathynai
17/Oct/2010, 12:26 PM
Dol Amroth Navy ~ The Crimson Fleet

“Ahoy there, mate! Welcome aboard the Crimson Swan! The newest addition to the navy of Dol Amroth! The Knights may be the Lance but we, good Sir and Madame are the proud wings of our glorious city!”

This is the stories of the crew and the marines who serve faithfully and loyally to Gondor upon the high seas. Danger awaits, but so does glory, fame and treasure!

This is the newest squadron to the Dol Amroth Fleet. The Crimson Fleet of Dol Amroth. Currently the fleet consists of a single vessel, a new addition called the Crimson Swan. The ship wrights of Dol Amroth are still working on her sister ships.

The Crimson Swan is an Alcarondas class warship. It is a heavy deep sea vessel that can be translated to “Castle of the Sea” It has multiple masts for its wide sails, high decks like towers at the stern and prow, convenient for archers, as well as the additions of three ballista bays at each side, with one at the prow. Despite her size, she is fairly nimble and not as cumbersome as most would think. The blue flag with its silver swan and ship is raised proudly upon its masts.

To Participate in the Crimson Fleet RP

All one has to do to join in the adventure of this RPG is create an NPC and search for a scoundrel named Rathyris Parthain who is found in the Blue Heron Inn in Dol Amroth. Voice your interest in wanting to be either a Crew Member or a Marine, as well provide your name and the name of your next of Kin(In any event of a mishap) and you’re welcome to start posting.

Those joining this RPG late, there’s no worries, just simply post as if you’ve always been there!

This is a Role Playing Thread. Please Keep Posts In Character And Gondorian Black

Current Members of the Crimson Swan
Captain Ravo ~ Hallas C. Pehwarin
Radest ~ Angelikus Snape

Rathynai
17/Oct/2010, 12:28 PM
Prince Imrahil ~ Lord of Dol Amroth

He raised his head and looked up at the morning sky. The gulls were overhead in the bright light of a glorious morning and the sun was smiling upon them this day. Yes, it was a fine day to be out in the city of swans. Dol Amroth. Returning his gaze to what he was originally looking at, Imrahil let his grey eyes go over the expectant crowd that had arrived at the harbour to see the unfurling of the newest addition to the fleet of Dol Amroth.

The Captain of his personal citadel guard turned his head to his lord and nodded. Before saluting, fist to heart and stepping aside for his liege. Nodding his thanks, the Prince of Dol Amroth stepped forwards for the people to see. Immediately an uproar of “Imrahil!” was yelled out and chorused amongst the free people who were in Dol Amroth. Letting the citizens echo his name, the Prince raised his gloved hand and the crowd slowly silenced away, awaiting the words of their Prince.

In a voice that carried strongly in the bright light of the day, “People of Dol Amroth! Of Gondor and the Free Lands!” A cheer went up from the crowd and Prince Imrahil raised his hand again, a smile touching his lips from hearing such passion and strength from the Gondorian people. “Today is a bountiful day. Today we have a new addition to the forces of our fair city. The Knights will be our Lance, the Men at Arms be our Shields, but the Wings of our city, the Swan Fleet, will be getting a new lady to defend our lands from the pirates that plague our seas.”

The Prince turned around and waved his hand at the vessel anchored within the harbour. “This lady is the Crimson Swan. Our loyal servant, Ravo is the new master of this vessel. May he guide her to free and fruitful waters.”

And she was a beautiful vessel. It was the newest of the Alcarondas Class vessels that made up the main battleships of the Dol Amroth navy. It was reminiscent of the ships from lost Numenor, its glory evident in the make of the ship. Its high masts were towers indeed, high enough for archers to fire arrows at the enemy. The high prow and stern perfect for more archers, as well as boarding parties to make quick work in taking over another ship. Ballistae bays were evident. It was a sleek vessel, it was built for speed despite her size, it was certainly going to be a swan in the seas.

The Captain of his guard handed his Prince a bottle of champagne attached to a rope. Taking hold of the bottle, the Prince swung it down, aiming for the bow of the starboard side of the vessel.

The bottle panged against the wood without breaking.

Imrahil turned to his guard with a smile “mmm… Captain, could you retrieve that bottle for me? It’s certainly a tough one, it would seem.”
The Crimson Swan
Top Deck

The ship dipped slowly and glided out of the Harbour and sailed into the bay of Belfalas. It was a majestic sight, the grace that the Swan easily cut through the water away from the City of Swans. The breeze gave the ship a full sail, and the Captain, Captain Ravo, let the crew get the ship moving. The sun was high, the wind was a blessing and it was a time of new friendships. It was a new crew and a new group of marines in the service of their Prince.

“So, how you finding this posting?” Wren asked Ravo as the ship was safely out of harbour. Wren was a thin man, dressed in a white shirt, leather pants and boots. He stood beside the newly appointed Captain and let his Dol Amrothian grey eyes twinkle in mirth at the man who the Prince deemed worthy of this posting. “I hear Rathyris Parthain got you a pretty rough crew. Shame the lazy bugger couldn’t come on board as well, he might do well as fish bait!” Wren laughed merrily and let his gaze go out towards the sea. Wren was a messenger of the Prince. As he had proclaimed himself as he came aboard and introduced himself.

Digging into his shirt, the Dol Amrothian pulled out a large roll of paper and handed it to Ravo. “Here, it’s a love letter from the Big Swan. Try not to lose it.” He laughed and waved a farewell to the Captain. The ship slowed down enough for him to climb down and drop into the small boat that had rowed out to collect him and take him aboard another ship bound another way.
“Oh! And careful of the flying sharks! They tend to get a bit nasty at this time of year!” Wren patted the sailors in his boat to row him out, away from the Crimson Swan. His laugh already echoing in the sea breeze.

Within the rolled package, thus was contained:
Captain Ravo, I hope this letter finds you in good tidings. You have a great responsibility to look after the lady that has been entrusted to you. She is a fine vessel, and may she be a home away from home, a mistress to care for you in the cold nights and to protect you from harm. Many will be looking upon this Maiden Voyage of yours as a trial by fire, but I believe that you will make it through, so long as your heart is strong and pure, as well as the spirit of the loyal crew that you have to look after.

By I digress. For this voyage, I would like you to sail towards Anfalas. To the port of Dor Ethuil and collect a package at the fortress keep there. It’s a special package so keep it safe. I bid you luck upon your journey. May your ship be as graceful in the seas as a swan from Dol Amroth.

Imrahil - Prince of Dol Amroth
Cargo Hold #4

Within the confines of Cargo Hold #4, a box was shaking and rattling. In the dim light of the hold one can see that there were a few boxes of cargo, mainly foodstuff for the voyage. However, in a ring of light one box was separate from the others. Mainly because it was shaking and jittering about on its edges. As if a wild animal was trying to escape from the confines of the wooden sort of cage.

“Hello! Is anyone there?” There was no one in the cargo hold. But the cry for help echoed in the chamber again. “Helloooooo! Can someone get me out of this box? It would be much appreciated!” More banging from the inside of the box. With “Is anyone there? I can feel the floor moving in here!”
The box shook with more insistent banging. The wooden box had large red letters painted on the side: CAUTION: DANGEROUS.

Angelikus Snape
18/Oct/2010, 04:37 PM
Radest

It was a wonderful morning, perhaps the most pleasant morning that the city of Dol Amroth has had in a while. Radest had been staying behind Prince Imrahil but he since he had gotten permission earlier to be relegated to the Crimson Swan, he was allowed to join the Captain and the crew and live a sailor's life for the meantime. He hoped that by this little 'adventure', he would be more familiar with the sea and not be as sea-sick as much. Prior to the events that had happened, Radest gave Prince Imrahil a fist-to-heart salute before going on to the Crimson swan. On the deck, he heard the Prince's voice as he bid the ship to sail the high seas.

Radest kept his knees bent and held on to the side of the boat as it started to move. "If only the other knights saw me now, I know that they'll be laughing out of their wits." He thought to himself. After all, he looked like an idiot, standing there with his knees bent afraid that he might topple over or loose balance if he stepped forward. Nevertheless, as he stood there, he seemed amazed as to the ship's speed, despite its size. His long mane kept on flapping with the wind as the ship continued to move. He needed to get his footing soon as he still had to go to the cargo hold to check their provisions for the maiden voyage of the Crimson Swan. He hoped that he does not become squeamish first before he can get his footing...

Hallas C. Pehwarin
18/Oct/2010, 06:28 PM
Standing on the Quay near Prince
Imrahil, ruler of Dol Amroth and Belfalas

Rávo now looked on with admiration and pride at Dol Amroth's newest naval vessel: the Crimson Swan. His grey eyes glanced along the side of the magnificent wooden vessel with its tall mast and white sails. It was built along the lines of the ancient great sea vessels: whose class was called "Castle of the Sea" once built in the heavens of Andúnië and Rómenna. He quietly mused to himself, "This is another great vessel now ready to defend the people of Dol Amroth and the realm of Gondor, and I wonder who will be the captain and sail her on her maiden voyage?" Then Prince Imrahil arrived on the quay with his personal guard.The tall 6 foot and 1 inch dúnedain then squared his broad shoulders bringing himself to attention, and with one hand smoothed out in wrinkles in his clothing. He wore a soft long sleeved red shirt, a sleeveless black leather vest whose front and collar were edged in a fine silver wire embroidery, a pair of black woolen pants, and tall black leather boots. Upon his head Rávo wore a black tri-corner hat edged in silver
and gold that meshed with his shoulder length black hair and somewhat simple sea mariners' outfit. Upon his forearms rested a two piece set of gray leather vambraces as protection and covering his hands were two gray leather tabs to protect his fingers from splinters and other material that he was sure to be working with while serving on board under a wise and competent ship-master. Around his waist rested a plain gray belt and attached to it rested two brown leather pouches containing some pipe weed and in the other rested a small amount of gold and silver coins for his personal use whenever they made port.

Rávo turned his attention back to the gathering crowd who cried out several times “Imrahil!” and the wise and gracious Prince Imrahil raised a gloved hand calling for silence while he spoke, “People of Dol Amroth! Of Gondor and the Free Lands!” “Today is a bountiful day. Today we have
a new addition to the forces of our fair city. The Knights will be our Lance, the Men at Arms be our Shields, but the Wings of our city, the Swan Fleet, will be getting a new lady to defend our lands from the pirates that plague our seas.” The Prince then turned to one side and with a raised
hand pointed at the new vessel that lay moored alongside the quay. His cool voice echoed off the water and surrounded area, “This lady is the Crimson Swan. Our loyal servant, Ravo is the new master of this vessel. May he guide her to free and fruitful waters.” Rávo grey eyes and fair face widened in shock and his keen mind whirled, "I am to be the new Captain of this great and powerful vessel?!" The proud dúnedain then glanced back at the Crimson Swan with a keen eye filled with pride and wonder as he would be the one to journey on the high seas of Middle Earth sailing around the coasts of Gondor to defend his kingdom against the dread Corsairs of Umbar. He made a silent vow," I will make sure that my crew is ready of the challenges that we will face, and complete our mission to absolute satisfaction of our wise Prince and bring glory for the kingdom once again." The proud Prince Imrahil was handed a bottle of champagne and threw it against the right flank of the Crimson Swan."

Rávo watched and listened for the sound of glass shattering against the hard wooden hull. But what he heard was, "Clunk!" and the Prince voices addressed him directly,“mmm… Captain, could you retrieve that bottle for me? It’s certainly a tough one, it would seem.” Rávos' mind whirled for a moment as he bent down on his knees and grasped the bottle with his left hand and promptly handed back the bottle to the Prince, " This does not forebode well for my ship and crew." The proud and tall 31 year old dúnedain remembered the ancient superstitions regarding curses being lay upon a ship, its captain and crew." Rávo mused quietly to himself, "Bad Luck be will washed down the scuppers for we will succeed in our mission." He then had his sea chest taken aboard and to his sea cabin. He continued to gaze at the pride of Dol Amroths strong naval forces as he made his way up the side of his massive wooden ship climbing up the wooden steps that run on both sides at amidships or middle of the ship which was also where the main mast was located with the largest sail which billowed in the fresh wind that seemed to be a blessing for the Crimson Swan and its proud crew.

Crimson Swan top deck:

Rávo now stood tall his legs spread wide and braced himself against the wooden rail as his ship sailed along with current out of the sheltered harbor
of Dol Amroth. His keen grey eyes now stared out across the gleaming wooden deck and inhaled the salty sea air. It felt good to back upon the open
water once again instead of being land locked for the last 8 years doing odd jobs to support his large family of five. A tall and thin Dol Amrothian named (Wren) then approach him. He wore a white shirt, leather pants and boots. Wren spoke with surprise and wonder in his voice, “So, how you finding this posting? Rávospoke his baritone voice loud enough to be heard over the shouts and orders of his crew as they carried out their assigned tasks, "Well if you most know I was surprised when I was named Captain of the Crimson Swan by our wise Prince Imrahil." "It might have something to due with the fact I am the brother-in-law of proud and faithful dúnedain Hallas Corintur(C.) Pehwarin." He let his words sink in for a moment, while Wren reached into his shirt and handed him a rolled scroll of parchment. The thin Dol Amrothian continued to chat with him for the next few minutes “Here, it’s a love letter from the Big Swan. Try not to lose it.” Rávo nodded his head as Wren walked down the left side of the Crimson Swan and hopped into his long boat commanding the sailors to row back toward another ship heading into the harbor. He shouted back “Oh! And careful of the flying sharks! They tend to get a bit nasty at this time of year!” The thin Dol Amrothian began to laugh its echo carrying across the winds Rávo grinned wide and spoke in loud commanding voice, “My friend I’m sure they will try but they will be greeted with ballistas, barbed arrows and the cold steel of our swords before the foul sharks try to make a meal of the Crimson Swan, and the fine crew I command on this voyage!” The tall and proud captain turned his attention to the rolled scroll that rested in his right hand. He unrolled it and his grey eyes saw then a fine script flowing of a letter. The letter contained a greeting from his lord the wise Prince Imrahil, his orders and a bid for a safe and productive journey.

Captain Rávo,

I hope this letter finds you in good tidings. You have a great responsibility to look after the lady that has been entrusted to you. She is a fine vessel, and may she be a home away from home, a mistress to care for you in the cold nights and to protect you from harm. Many
will be looking upon this Maiden Voyage of yours as a trial by fire, but I believe that you will make it through, so long as your heart is strong and pure, as well as the spirit of the loyal crew that you have to look after.

By I digress. For this voyage, I would like you to sail towards Anfalas. To the port of Dor Ethuil and collect a package at the fortress keep there. It’s a special package so keep it safe.

I bid you luck upon your journey. May your ship be as graceful in the seas as a swan from Dol Amroth.

Imrahil. Prince of Dol Amroth

Rávo
now turned his proud face to gaze upon his crew with his grey eyes as he watched them labor in maintaining their home away from home. His pale pink lips cracked a smiled as he continued to watch the doings of his crew. The proud dúnedain thought, “Time now to announce our destination and orders to the crew." He turned his fair face to looking for the bosun to call all hands aft. In his mind he thought,” Well the moment of truth to see if I can lead men on this historic voyage of my ship the Crimson Swan.” He finally spotting him coiling lines near the main mast and called out in commanding tone,
“Bosun call all hands aft to the quarterdeck if you please.” The bosun did so sounding his gleaming brass whistle and heard the shrill winds carry the note that sounded for all hands to come aft. Within a few moments Rávo gazed out upon the sea of faces of men young, middle aged,
and a few old sea salts who had the skills to sail a fine ship.

The proud captain took a deep breath filling his lungs with salty sea air and allowed his eyes to star straight ahead gazing across the wide expanse of wooden deck toward the bow and its intricate wooden carving that adore the prow of his fine vessel. His baritone voice filled hope and success as he spoke, " Men of Dol Amroth and of the realm of Gondor. Its my pleasure to introduce myself I am Rávokinsman of the proud and faithful dúnedain Hallas Corintur(C.) Pehwarin and it is an esteemed honor to serve with you as your captain on this, the historic maiden voyage of our kingdoms' most recent achievement, the Crimson Swan."

"Our mission is simple we will be sailing along the coast of our realm for Anfalas to the port of Dor Ethuil." "There we will deliver a vital cargo to the fortress keep their and then Eru willing we will return to our home port of Dol Amroth." Rávonow waited for a response from his crew before he dismissed them to carry on with their assigned duties. He intend then to walk the length of his vessel exploring it and interact with members of his crew and to get to know them since the proud and fair face dúnedain was responsible for their lives and the success of the mission.

OOC: (1851words) my apologies to everyone RL is causing me annoying problems today so enjoy my post for I will be writing many more as we sail on for the glory of our kingdom.

Rathynai
19/Oct/2010, 12:20 PM
Pedro the Ship’s CookTop Deck

Opening the door to the top deck and letting the sunlight wash over him, the big, hairy and burly man stepped up and let his sailing leg take him forwards towards where the Captain was standing. Pedro was a hairy man indeed, with his forearms as bushy as a bush and his grey beard looking more like a fuzzy animal than a beard at all. His small pony tail only came to his shoulders and his dark eyes seemed to have to fight to look past his own hairiness. His apron was covered in flour, as well as his boots, and he held his wooden spoon like a sword in front of him as he marched towards the Captain.

The Captain was a new lad, that much was certain. By the Lord of the West! Most of the crew and even a few of the marines were youngin’s! Pedro turned his shaggy head around to look straight at one who even looked like a Knight(Radest) who seemed a little wobbly on his feet. Pedro narrowed his eyes at Radest, was that the signs of seasickness? The Cook nearly burst out laughing, a Swan Knight of Dol Amroth who might be seasick. What is Middle Earth coming to?

“Captain!” Pedro’s voice boomed out from the hairy giant. “Captain!” He repeated again even though he was barely two metres away from the young man. “I’ve gotta have a word with ye!” Pedro’s slapped his wooden spoon against his own thigh as he thought about his words. “I think we have rats down in the holds. Ever since we left the harbour, there has been scratching and sounds from below. I swear, if I catch rats on board, I’mma gonna be very disappointed in ye, for allowing such an atrocity!” Pedro turned around and pointed his spoon at Radest. “Ye seems like a capable laddie, why not you go down and have a look. I’d do it myself, but I have lunch to prepare. Maybe if we’re lucky, and if it is rats down there, we can add it to your stew!” The hairy giants laughed boomed out over the ship. Before he gave himself a coughing fit and settled himself down. “Or maybe, its old Jack the Scrapper down in the Holds. I know this ere tub is a young lady, but she might have picked up an otherworldly passenger!” He looked at a couple of the sailors and started dangling his hands in front of him, making “WooooooooOOOoooooo!” sounds at them.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
21/Oct/2010, 02:33 PM
Crimson Swan top deck:

</span>Rávo was pleased as the crew cheered as he announced their mission. A warm feeling of success begin to radiate from within his beating heart and the young seasoned </span> dúnedain placed his left hand</span> upon his breast. He smiled to his crew and spoke commanding tone, "Officers, dismiss your divisions!, and carry on with your assigned duties." Then the ships cook who was named <b style="">Pedro </span>[/b]approached him and shouted at him over the cries of various officers dismissing the men, </span></font><b style="">“I’ve gotta have a word with ye!”</font></span>[/b] </font></span>Rávo's grey eyes narrowed slightly and he gripped the wooden rail of the quarterdeck that lay across the length of the rear portion of the ship accessible by two stairways. This rail was positioned ahead of the ships helm: a wide wooden wheel and the rear mast that lay beyond it. The young captain now wondered what it was that incurred the cook's wrath and to speak wished to discuss whatever matter with him. </span>Rávo</span> took another breath of salty air as he stared ahead looking out across the span of his ship.

The cook continued to explain himself, </span><b style="">“I think
we have rats down in the holds. Ever since we left the harbour, there
has been scratching and sounds from below. I swear, if I catch rats on
board, I’mma gonna be very disappointed in ye, for allowing such an
atrocity!”</font></span>[/b] "Blast!" R</font></font></span>ávo inwardly cursed if there were rats aboard their voyage would become more a problems since the vermin could chew threw the thick timbers that made up the hull of their ship and it could cause his proud ship to start flood beyond the crew or his ability to save the new pride of the Swan fleet! This problem he decided to attend to immediately with the help of a few members of the crew. The young captain turned his fair face to stare into Pedro's dark eyes and tanned face.

</span>Rávo spoke his voice somber and slight angry directed mostly to himself for not surveying the ship before leaving the shelter of Dol Amroth's harbor. " Ships' cook Pedro </span>isn't it?" "I thank you for bringing this to my attention and I personally will make certain that are no rats on-board our fleet's newest vessel." " If any are found we might keep them for supper, though mostly likely the mangy rodents will be tossed over board to be food for the sharks and other sea creatures who inhabit the dark waters of Middle Earth." " Due to the fact that most rodents sometime carry infectious diseases beyond our ability to treat or heal." With that Rávo nodded his shaggy head to the cook and headed down below decks to search his ship from bow to stern for any signs of those malicious rodents! If any were found only one person would be to blamed himself, for not taking the time to inspect his ship before it had left Dol Amroth on its first mission for their lord and Prince Imrahil.</span>

OOC: Thanks Dhalion about the not having to post a word count for this RPG!</font>smileys/smiley2.gif
</span>

Edited by: Hallas C. Pehwarin

Lord Imrahil
21/Oct/2010, 07:11 PM
OOC@ Hallas ( I'm RPing one of the ship's Swan Knight's, just so you know )

Knight- Sir Sathormir Renor~On the Quay.

Sathormir stood on the well worn stones of the Quay, thesky shiftedfromclouded and grey to blue and sunny and back again. Thewhite-capped waves, went from deep blue, to grey to greenthe closer they got to thestones of Quay where they crashed against the old white stone of the harbor docks, wharfs andquays.

The wind was brisk but pleasant as it whippedSathormir'shair around and pressed against the thick heavy clothe of his surcoat and cloak.

He smiled as he saw the CrimsonSwan, the thing was massive, from her proud elegant masts to her gracefulflanks, she filled Sathormir with pride, pride in his city and people, pride in theSwan and that hewould honored enough to beserving onthe mightiest warship in Dol Amroth.

His horsesnorted and tossed his silky mane, Sathormir grinned and strokedhis velvetly nose.

"Easy lad,patience."

The big destrier snorted softly and Sathormir grinned and tied his horse and remounts to a nearbyhitching post andgestured to a waiting servant-boy.

"Lad, watch mysteeds." He handed the boythesome coins and the lad grinned at the chance tobe neara Swan Knight's horses.

"Yes sir."

The boy grinned as the destrier nuzzled him and Sathormirchuckled as he walked on to the waiting boat, mail clinking and spurs jingling.

On the boat to theCrimson Swan

He slung his bow and quiveron his back, grippedthe hilt of his sword and stepped easily into the boat.

"Not your first time Sir Knight?" Said a grizzled old salt.

Sathormir grinned and felt his spirit soar as the boat set offover the waves. "No Sailor, and I'm glad to be back on the waves again, I'd forgotten how much I missedthis."

The old salt smiled and said no more.

On the top deck

Sathormir easily pulled himself up the ladder using only his arms, once he reached the top he easily vaulted overand onto the ship, he moved to the side andturned to help the boatcrew, however they'd already started rowing back to the quay. Sathormir,inhaled to scent of salt, dried fish and meat, horses, tar, wood, and canvas and the heavenly smell of the ocean. He walked onand effortlessly wove his way through the working and hurrying crewmen and women.

Now to find his superior officer and report to him. . .

Hallas C. Pehwarin
24/Oct/2010, 10:39 PM
Crimson Swan below decks</span>

Rávo </span>now had been
searching his beloved ship Crimson Swan for nearly three hours making certain
that there were absolutely no rats were aboard to cause problems for the crew
to have to deal with during the voyage. His fair face was now grim as he turned his
head from side to side his grey eyes looking in every direction for the ugly
rodents from the bow to stern and finished had searching the first three cargo holds. In his
mind Rávo thought, "The crew has done an exceptional job stowing
our supplies, food, and critical material used during daily operations for the pride of the Swan Fleet. "It stands ready for action against the cursed Corsairs of Umbar or ancient sea
creatures who inhibit the deep waters of Middle Earth." </span>

Crimson Swan Cargo Hold 4</span></span>

So far by the grace of Eru the seasoned </span>dúnedain
had found no rats on board and finally entered cargo hold 4.</span> He cocked his head forward slightly to allow his ears
to listen for the scratching noises that had been heard by the ships' cook Pedro.
</span>Rávo </span>moved slowly forward
on powerful legs hearing the soles of his tall black leather boots impact the
wooden deck of the cargo bay. Suddenly he could hear thumping coming from one
of the stacked crates near the center of the cargo bay. The captain now
approached the stacked crates spotting one that was labeled in heavy red
letters Caution: Dangerous Live Animals!</span></span></span> </span>Rávo</span>'s
gray eyes narrowed as he examined the crate and thought, "This is the critical
cargo that I and my crew are to deliver to Dor Ethuil!" Another
thought now reverberated in his keen mind, " Why is this cargo so
important to reach such a fortress port such as Dor Ethuil?" His
wise Prince and Lord Imrahil had said nothing to him in the letter that had
been given to him before the Crimson Swan had sailed beyond the safety of Dol
Amroth’s wide harbor. Rávo continued to think about his orders
reflecting upon them, " Surely the Prince would have informed me at least
to take additional precautions against the crew who would surely be curious as
to why we are heading along the coast of our kingdom to the fief of
Anfalas." The proud and tall captain continued to muse on them as he
headed back up to the main deck of the Crimson Swan. Another thought ran through his mind, "Well at least the crew suspicious attitude can be lay to rest and maybe that lunch was ready." "Hopefully </span></span>Rávo </span>old boy you won't be seen as a crazed fool making certain that there were not rats on-board, although the young captain was probably not helping his ships cook(Pedro) by running around the ship to investigate his claims about the rats."</span> Since his stomach was now growling at him all that he had eaten was since departing Dol Amroth was some oatmeal and two cups of hot piping coffee while staying at the Blue Heron.

R</span>ávo</span> then stopped in his tracks hearing a resounding and booming laugh that echoed from down below in Cargo Hold 4. He turned around his tall black boots hitting the timbers of the steps as he headed back down to the Cargo Hold. As he approached the hold </span>R</span>ávo</span> heard his ship's cook Pedro voice still chuckling, </span><b style="">“Well, maybe we have giant rats in here!”</font></span>[/b] The tall and proud sea captain widened his grey eyes a bit as he watched Pedro tap the crate that he had inspected a few minutes ago. Suddenly a voice cried out, </span><b style="">“Help!!! Is anyone out there! Can you help me!!?”</font></span>[/b] Now R</span>ávo</span> was surprised and spoke quickly in commanding tone startling those who were milling around in the hold, " Well ships cook </span>Pedro</span> and the crew members Radast and</span> Sathormir lets see what is in this box, hmm?" "Whoever is inside the crew of the Crimson Swan will have you out in minute." He then looked around for a pry bar with his grey eyes so that he could begin to break open the thick wooden planks that held the heavy crate together.

</span></span>

Rathynai
25/Oct/2010, 06:00 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Pedro ~ Ships Cook<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Top Deck<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">He watched Captain Ravo run, and literally run, around the ship. What is that lad doing? Pedro stood there, with his big meaty hands on his hips, watching the ship’s Captain run into the belly of the ship. There was no way in Ulmo’s glorious realm that the problem in the lower decks had been resolved with the Captain on his own. Lowering his bushy eyebrows, Pedro let his eyes roam the ship and spotted two sporting fellows on the top deck.<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">He pointed his wooden spoon to the two Marines, Knights by their posture and pose, Radest and Sathomir. “Well, lads. I don’t know what the Captain is doing, running around, an all.” He grinned. “He could have been eaten by giant rats, for all we know, eh?”<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">He pursed his lips and tapped his spoon against his thigh in thought. “Well, we better go down and have a look, and see if he needs our help, eh?”<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Pedro let a light tune fill up the air as he led the two lads down the gangway and into the ship. With luck, Jack the Scrapper isn’t wanting brain food at the moment…<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Cargo Hold #4<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Pedro looked around. “Captain! Captain! Where in the blazes are you, lad!!!” The cook whacked his spoon against the palm of his hand. He turned around to his two companions. “Well, Captain Ravo isn’t here. He must have came and gone… Unless… He gots eaten?” He waited a moment, watching and waiting for their expressions before bursting out in laughter.<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">“Either way, most of the sounds seems to be coming from down this way.” He let his gaze go around the darkness of the cargo hold. There wasn’t much in the hold except for a few crates. If anything, there wasn’t actually any food or stores down here in the first place, as Pedro took the space from Holds #1 and #2 for the ship’s supplies.<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">There was one large crate that did take his attention however, and how can one miss it? The large letters of “CAUTION: DANGEROUS” decorated the front of it in red paint. Pedro looked at the crate and grinned.<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">“Well, maybe we have giant rats in here!” He laughed and walked up to the crate and tapped his wooden spoon against the wooden crate.<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">A voice seemed to come from out of no where, but actually came from the crate that had dangerous written all over it. “Help!!! Is anyone out there! Can you help me!!?”<O:P></O:P>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><O:P></O:P>[/B]Edited by: Dhalion

Lord Imrahil
25/Oct/2010, 07:14 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">~Sir Sathormirthe deck, back to the Quay via the cargo boat and then back to the ship.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Sathormir waited for a moment as he took in the scenery, thesmooth white stone of the harbor and the city behind it and the way the gulls circled in the sky. Then he wove his silent way through the buslting sailors andconsulted the Bosunabout his mounts. Upon learning they had stalls open for the horses, he thanked theBosun, paid the required fee and tookthe larger cargo boat back to his waiting horses, the crew was professional and polite, but beyond asking his business, requesting to see his papersand name they left him alone and went about their business. Theboat came to thedock and was quickly secured. Sathormir leaped out andwalked quicklyto where the page was still waiting with his trusty steedsand he made sure to give the lada large tip forhis trouble. Then he led his horses onto the cargo boat.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The horses were well-trained and for the most part they remained silent as the cargo boatmade it's way back to the Crimson Swan. Once there a large sling was lowered over the side and one by oneSathormir's horses were bought onto the deck of the ship. He grabbed the ropeas the last horse - his destrier- was raised over the side.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The Deck and the Hold.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Once there he led his horses downand aft in the ship's hold, there it wasthe most stable and stalls had been set up with well-designed slings,soto hold the horses steady. Sathormir was pleased to see a farrier, groomsand a horse leechthere as he checked the harness in the stalls to make sure it wouldn't chafe orotherwise injure hismounts. He carefully back each horse into their stalls and was pleased to see freshstraw on the floors. He carefully secured the horses and after checking their food and water he watched the stablehands as they went about their work. And noddedin approval.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Then he took his leave after checking,cleaning,oiling andsecuring his saddles and tack.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The Deck and the Marine's billet.Except for him it was empty, so he took a bunk, removed his armour and weapons and set to cleaning them, it was long hard work, especially the armour, but finally he was done. He oiled everything and set the gear in their appropriate containers, each of which were sealed against the salt and moisture of the sea. He stowedhis gear and few belongings under his bunk and made his way back up to the deck.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">The Deck
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Sathormir saw a fellow Knight and started tointroduce himself just as someone called out to both of them, helookedaroundandnodded as a large man, the ships cook by the looks of him, asked them to accompany them to the cargo hold.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">He walked beside the other Swan Knight(Radest) boots thumping solidly on the thick planks of the deck and spurs and mailjinglingas they wentdown the narrow steps.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">"Name's Sathormir." He said to the knight (Radest)and the cook (Pedro) He gripped the hilt of his blade tokeep it from swinging and followed them down the rocking corridor.
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Wooden crates,barrels, and canvas bagswere everywhere. Dried vegtables and meat hung from the ceiling and here and there a lantern flickered from it's securepostion. He saw a crate labeled dangerous and a man he assumed was the captain. Just then someone or something inside the crate called out.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
28/Oct/2010, 03:14 PM
Crimson Swan Cargo Hold 4

</span><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:D&#111;notOptimizeForBrowser/>
</w:Word>
<!-->Rávo</span> grey eyes combed the
cargo hold looking for the much needed pry bars. After slowly turning in a full
circle did the young dúnedain</span> captain spotted four
of them resting in special nooks on either side of the hatchway leading into
the cargo bay. He walked over with ease although he could tell that the sea had
picked up a little bit by gentle sway of a few empty cargo nets attached to rigging
and slings used to place supplies and cargo into the ships four holds. He
picked two in each of his hands and made his way back to where Pedro, Radest,
and Sathormir standing eying the crate with every caution and
suspicion that held someone or something that was inside calling for help. Many
things rolled around in </span>Rávo</span>'s
mind, " Well whoever did this was it deliberate or merely an unfortunate
accident due to some prank played by the dockworkers while busy loading
supplies and cargo into his ship."

The weary and cautious sea captain then handed out the pry bars to </span>Pedro</span>, Radest,
and Sathormir</span>. Rávo grey eyes
continued to gaze at the crate as he moved forward and took of the hook end of
his pry bar placing into the narrow wedge in between the thick wooden planks
that gave the crate its distinctive shape. He turned his head to one side
addressing his crew, "Gentlemen lets get this crate open, and free our
reclusive guest from his wooden prison." "But be ready to restrain
whoever or whatever at the slightest hint that it tries to escape for I will
have a few questions to ask regarding how they managed to get on board the Crimson
Swan." Rávo then turned his face back to
facing the crate and with strength in his both of hands and arms he began to
apply pressure to the two wooden boards. With a protest and shriek of cracking
wood the boards snapped and the young sea captain grabbed the broken pieces
casting them on the deck of the hold.

The first thing that immediately caught his attention was a smell that assailed his medium sized nose. </span>Rávo </span>wrinkled his nose in distaste and thought, </span>"Whoa! man that reeks when was the last time this person or thing bathed?!" The smell was quite bad and the young captain glanced over to his men </span>Pedro</span>, Radest,
and Sathormir</span> to see what their expressions were of someone or something that had gone for a while without bathing! </span>Rávo</span> then addressed the opened portion of the crate, "Well sir or ma'am we will have you out here in a few minutes, could you tell me your name, so that I can check the ship's roster for any missing crew?" The young </span>dúnedain</span> captain waited with patience and caution for a reply from whomever or whatever had been imprisoned in this crate for the last few hours.</span></span></span></span>

Laielinwen
01/Nov/2010, 05:45 PM
OOC:(</font>It has been over a week... If there isn't an update for y'all by the weekend I will see to it myself.</font>)smileys/smiley11.gif</font>

</font>&lt;Laie Edit: New GM prompt is posted below as promised. I will continue the story from here... have fun!&gt;</font></font>

Edited by: Laielinwen

Laielinwen
06/Nov/2010, 11:55 PM
Crimson Swan Cargo
Hold 4</font>

In the bowels of the Crimson Swan the little mystery was soon to be solved, it
would seem. The Captain and crew members
on hand had prized open the crate marked with those prophetic doom laden words. Caution: Dangerous. Bottles not breaking, threat of rat
infestation and now this. To think Dol
Amroth was not so far away yet! What
else might happen to the new and fairest lady of the fleet?

The rank smell that permeated the entire hold in mere seconds was not caused by
bad personal hygiene. As they cracked
the crate, and the side fell open, it did so under the weight of many raw,
rotten fish! Fish guts and all manner of
rank matter soiled the boards. From
among the detritus of grim dead fish a body emerged. Thrashing wildly and clawing at itself, the
figure tried to leap up, only to slip and collapse back into the mass around
it. Finally the men hauled the figure
from the fishy crate, that had been it's prison.

Dirty and stinking, she stood there.
Long hair, tied back into a long pony tail that was knotted down to the
middle of her back, smudged and bloodied skin, eyes flashing angrily, but also
with relief, she gasped the air. Such
that was available. The woman, for woman
she was, despite her short height and frail, lithe form, made revolted and
shrill noises and she removed remains from herself with a flurry of flailing
hands.

She was dressed in tight fitting, supple clothes, black leather, soft and
durable. She had no visible
weapons. Her dark blue eyes turned upon
Captain Ravo and his Cook, and those gathered in the hold.

"What?" She arched a stoic and
defiant eyebrow. "What are you
staring at?" She colored up beneath
the grime and filth lining her pale face.
The men did not know this. They
were too busy standing in surprise or laughing at the noises of disgust she had
made.

"Bottles not breaking, now a woman on the ship! Don't tell me you did ne bring any cats,
Cap'n?" A voice sounded from the
rear of the group of men. A woman on the
ship. Unless it was a highborn lady,
this was deemed the most insufferable of ill luck for any crew.

"Where am I?" Then it sunk
in. Her eyes turned from vitriolic to
despairing. " Captain... Oh no, I'm
on a bloody ship aren't I? Well, that's
just great! Perfect! Scunner is going to get it from me when I get
back to Dol Amroth!" She stepped
out of the guts about her feet. "How
long will that be then, Captain?"
She made a regal attempt at a curtsey that fell just short of outright
sarcasm.</font></span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
07/Nov/2010, 10:36 PM
Crimson Swan Cargo Hold 4

</span>Rávo</span> grey eyes now opened wide at the young woman standing before him </span>Pedro</span>, Radest,
and Sathormir</span>. His mind now whirled at this crazy situation, "Oh Eru even I or my crew do not not a young woman on this ship since it broaches bad karma for any mission." "Well I can't just turn the ship around just to take her back to Dol Amroth." "She will have to remain with us until we complete the mission." The smell of rotting fish began to permanent the hold. </span>The tall </span>dúnedain turned his face wrinkling his medium sized nose in utter displeasure at the rank smell now filling the hold to address his crew, " Gentlemen we need to rig a tackle and depose of these rotting fish as quickly as possible, before the smell overwhelms the whole ship." R</span>ávo</span> turns his head back to the young woman clad in a black body suit and gave small curtsy to him.</span> Her soft voice carried a tone seething with anger as she asked three key questions,"Where am I?"</font></span> " Captain... Oh no, I'm
on a bloody ship aren't I? Well, that's
just great! Perfect! Scunner is going to get it from me when I get
back to Dol Amroth!"</font></span>"How
long will that be then, Captain?"</font></span> His baritone voice carried a tone of apologies, " My lady I am truly sorry but your aboard the newest addition to the Swan Fleet, the Crimson Swan." " I </span></span>am </span></span>Rávo</span> kinsman of the </span></span>proud and
faithfuldúnedain </span>Hallas
Corintur(C.) Pehwarin</span>and </span></span>the master of our Lord Imrahil's newest and finest ship." His gray eyes continued to glance at his men hoping that his orders were carried out soon since the smell of rotting fish was something no-one should have to be covered in or stuck in box filled with vile carcasses as part of some stupid and arrogant prank!

</span></span>Rávo </span>continued to speak, "My lady might I escort to my sea cabin in the meantime</span>." "I will have another set of empty officer quarters prepared for you as soon as possible by the ships' steward." " Where I ask that you keep to</span> until we reach the port and fortress of </span>Dor Ethuil." "After receiving our critical cargo we will return to Dol Amroth." "It should not take no more than a month to complete our mission." The proud sea captain then extended his left arm to the young woman and slowly headed out of the cargo hold since the incident would not remain quiet for very long. In his mind Rávo </span>thought," What else are the great rulers of Gondor or the Valar going to toss in my direction to prevent me from completing this vital mission?" He continued to muse to himself as the proud sea captain guided the young woman to the main deck and to his sea cabin. This was definitely not going to a routine maiden voyage for his ship and crew!

OOC: Thanks Laie for helping out in the fun filled naval RPG! Hopefully Dhalion will soon be back in the game to keep us on our toes for more adventures.smileys/smiley2.gif</font>
</span>

Pele Alarion
08/Nov/2010, 08:35 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy (15 years old)
In the ship's galley / later cargo hold 4

Aidan's face was a perfect picture of a youngster hard at work, as he scrubbed one of the big pots placed before him. Even though he appeared to be enjoying his work, his grey keen eyes stole an occasional glance at the cook with a spark of rebelliousness and spite in them.

Well, he had done all he could to get on this ship after all, well aware that he wouldn't get a better job than having a cabin boy's duties. However, anything was better than roaming the streets endlessly or listening to his mother's threats to send him to apprenticeship under the heavy hand of a local blacksmith. Aidan had lost his father six years ago and missed him sorely, but he would not want a rough man like that to take authority over him. That's why he had eventually obtained some kind of permission from his mother to attempt a venture like this with a promise that he would either become a well trained sailor or learn some other trade upon return. And it was a wonder too that he was taken aboard this ship, young as he was. But... it didn't mean that he would do everything he was told to!

Thankfully the cook left after a while, and after another moment's scrubbing Aidan simply rinsed the food remains from the pot and dried it with a towel. Nobody would know that he didn't clean it properly... Quickly doing the same with another pot and a frying pan, she put these kitchen utensils in their proper places and slunk out the door, wiping his sweaty brow in the rim of his oversized tunic.

Hands tucked in the big pockets of his baggy trousers he walked along the deck in a leisurely and secure manner. Being a son of a fisherman he was used to the motion of a boat on the sea, so he felt as safe as on a dry land. His fingers played with the piece of rope in his right hand pocket, as he began whistling a merry tune.

Then Aidan heard the noise from one of the ship's holds, and his bare feet carried him over to the entrance of it. He had barely taken a few steps within, when a horrible smell of rotten fish assaulted his freckled nose and it wrinkled in disgust.

"What..." he was about to ask about the whole mess in there to the crew gathered, but exactly at that moment he heard the Captain speak of cleaning up the exact same mess. Inconspicuously he drifted towards a dark corner, his fingers running through the shock of his dark dishevelled hair, as he observed a woman who, according to the odour, had come along with the fish. Aidan wrinkled his nose some more and after waiting a while began to make his way towards the exit. He would not clean up this stuff, if he could help it!

Edited by: Pele Alarion

Hallas C. Pehwarin
17/Nov/2010, 10:31 PM
Stairway leading up from Cargo Hold 4 to the main deck

Rávo</span> continued to guide the young woman with sleek black hair clad in tight black body suit up the stairs from cargo hold 4 to the main deck of his ship. He occasionally glanced</span> from side to side his grey eyes smoldering to remind his crew to focus on their tasks and jobs his own breath coming out of his nostrils in puffs in anger. Thought he slowed himself to an almost complete stop immediately taking a few deeper more calming breaths due to the sorrow that he had in his heart for he too missed his wife Ríne(Stephana) who now cared for their 4 children three young boys and a beautiful young girl. Since he, Rávo</span> himself knew the superstitions</span> regarding woman aboard ship. His thoughts continued to churn around in his mind," What did this unfortunate soul do to some unknown man to pull a cruel prank such as this sealing her inside a wooden crate filled with rotting fish?" "Another is will the men be able to focus on their duties? Or will they instead try to impress the only female with regaling stories of their heroics on the high seas or something worse?" "She is now stuck on-board until we complete our mission which is to pick up some critical cargo from the fortress and port of </span>Dor Ethuil and deliver it back to Dol Amroth to our wise Prince Imrahil."

Main Deck of the Crimson Swan

The young sea captain raised his arms above him and placed his right behind the head</span> of his unfortunate female guest</span> to shield from the sun's bright rays for her as they emerged onto the main deck of the Crimson Swan. He knew from previous experience that a person could hardly see very well or at the worse go blind from being taken into direct light. </span>Rávo</span> turned his head from side to side seeing several deckhands and crew members turn their heads to eye the young woman some leering looks others with surprise etched onto their faces. His fair face hardened with utter distaste at those who gave the looks of desire. </span>Rávo</span> grey eyes blazed as he looked down the length of the ship, and his baritone voice rumbled an obvious warning to his crew, "Back to your stations! Attend to your duties." "On this particular matter I will inform you later as to the circumstances regarding the young woman who was found recently below in Cargo Hold 4 sealed within a box containing rotting fish." "Bosun I want the grating pulled off Cargo Hold's 4 hatch, Rig a tackle from the yardarm and we will sway the dead fish into the sea as we sail on to </span>Dor Ethuil." "The sea breeze should take care of the foul odor and free to cargo hold of any other unpleasant smells." " Once the task reseal the grating and carry on with your assigned duties."

Quarterdeck, officer and captains quarters

The young </span>dúnedain now turned to his right gesturing for his new guest to follow him as he lead to way down the deck his steps precise and confidante as his ship swayed in the ocean swells. The sea air felt good as </span></span>Rávo</span> breathed deeply to</span> clean out his medium sized nose and lungs of the smell of decaying fish still in the cargo hold. He then approached the quarterdeck nodded to the Officer of the Watch and the helmsman who guided to ship on course to </span>Dor Ethuil. He opened the wooden stained glass door for the young woman taking here down a short corridor lined with fine wood paneling lined with several set of officers quarters upon either side, the wardroom where evening meal was held for him and the ships officers. Rávo</span></span> finally stopped a wide set of wooden doors . Opening them he gestured for his female guest to enter his personal quarters the largest on the ship.

The quarters contained a large table placed in the center used for the laying out of maps, to the right side was his small wooden desk containing his spare papers, logbook, ink bottles and quills. His bunk was hidden by some soft cotton curtains made by his wife with floral pattern, to the left was his small bookshelf containing a few good books worth reading and a few historical books detailing the lore and history of Gondor and its long gone sister realm of Arnor, his personal closet filled with spare clothing underwear, socks, boots, and a few formal uniforms, his lavatory and washing area and dominating the rear of the cabin was a set of cushions to act as a couch, above them were series of rectangular windows stretching the width of the room. Also stored his when battle arose were two small ballista folded down placed in small rope racks nestled in the two corners of his quarters behind his lavatory and desk.

These ballista were able to fired through the windows once the glass was removed and stored in special soft leather canvas bags to prevent damage or loss of glass since it was the only thing that kept the weather out of his home away from home. He turned to his guest and spoke in gentler tone, " My lady I have yet to ask you for your name?" "Feel free to freshen up I have some spare clothing in my closet that should fit you. "It is stored on top of my five pairs of leather boots." I will be in the wardroom busy chartering our course for </span>Dor Ethuil." " My steward will show you to one of the empty officer quarters once they are ready for you." Rávo</span> now waited to be dismissed by his guest and taking up three charts detailing the coast of Gondor placing under his left arm and with his right hand picking the tools needed to chart the quickest, yet safest course to complete their mission.</span>

Laielinwen
22/Nov/2010, 11:16 AM
The latest addition to the crew of the Crimson
Swan accompanied Captain Rávo to the main deck and to his cabin. She garnered no small amount of attention
from the men aboard, but it was not so long since they had departed from Dol
Amroth that their stares lingered long.
Under other circumstances the attention might have been appreciated,
entertaining, or in the case of lecherous intent, downright unwanted. In the current situation, dressed in leathers
oiled with fish guts, and with soiled hair and dirty face, it was definitely
unwanted. The woman however held her
poise, and took deep breaths of the biting air, under the blazing sun. She walked with regal grace, and it was almost
amusing, given her disheveled state.

A month away from Dol Amroth? The woman
shook her head in forlorn resignation, looking down at the floorboards of the
cabin. Then she gave a small smile to
the chivalrous captain, and laughed softly.
She ran a hand through her lank and greasy hair. Yes, the washroom would be a welcome place to
visit. He anticipated her well, and
given the nature of her arrival he was being the perfect gentleman. She looked upon him admiringly.

" My gratitude to you, Captain Ravo of the Crimson Swan. You do Prince Imrahil proud, for you are a
gentleman." She paused, admiring
the curtains with their floral design.
" Unusual for a ship's captain." She commented, walking up to one and running
it through her hand. She let it go and
turned to face Ravo. " My name,
sir, is Lothuial, Lady Lothuial. I very
much would enjoy to 'freshen up', as you say it." She smiled and laughed, and her laughter was
like a musical enchantment or siren's song.
Much of a surprise coming from beneath such grime and stink. Her dark blue eyes met those of Ravo. " You are most kind to offer, and I will
see about clean raiment. Then I will
come to the wardroom. One month is not
such a long time, and it could have been worse, could it not? I feared at first that your destination might
prove some distant shore or land of which I had never even heard." She paused and span to face the washroom,
before looking back over her shoulder. “It
has been a time since I was last at sea, forgive me if I am burdensome, or if
it takes me time to find my 'sea legs', Captain. You have been most gracious."

When the Captain departed, Lothuial set about unfastening the straps on her
leggings and tight leather bodice, padded for protection. She removed her soft gloves and concealed her
thin stiletto in her boot. She washed up
using much soap, and managed as best she could to clean the oils out of her
hair. She occasionally glanced behind
her, at the curtains, no doubt a gift from some woman or other in the life of
the Captain. He was a mystery! In that closet there were indeed clothes that
fit her. Did the man keep his wife's
garments on the ship for any reason in particular? Had they enjoyed an evening or two in here,
before the maiden voyage set out?
Lothuial laughed at the through and finished washing herself clean. She stretched her limbs, and then began to
dress in the clothes she has found, which were in fact, disappointingly, not
clothes belonging to any woman! Slacks
that were a little too large and roomy, a shirt - she found a waistcoat she
liked to cinch it together, and she found a kerchief to tie through the loops
that was red, and brought it together to show off her hips and bring some color
to the ensemble. She also found a cap
she liked, which she put on with a smile, sliding a needle through her hair to
tether it up in a bun beneath the cap.
All those raven locks tucked away sensibly as she liked, but she lacked
the twine to make her usual braided ponytail.
She found deckshoes but they were not her size for her feet were
small. Now maybe if she could persuade
the cabin boy to go barefoot...

She sighed and polished up her own boots, before opting to wear them
again. At least they would be
comfortable, and the heel gave her an extra few inches. The Lothuial saw the books, but upon
examining them, discovered them to be of lore and history. Drawn therefore to the small wooden desk,
Lothuial examined the spare papers and such, opening the tiny drawers and
checking for information regarding the nature of the ship's voyage. A cursory check revealed nothing. If there were important papers, then the
Captain was canny enough to have them about his person. Sighing, Lothuial realized she would have to
trust this Captain Ravo, but so far, he had done nothing to cause distrust.

Lothuial walked out of the Captain's Quarters, toward the wardroom, straight
backed and cleaned up, in black slacks, black boots, a white shirt with brown
leather waistcoat cinched with a red kerchief, and adorned with a flat sailor's
cap, jauntily tipped to one side of her head.
She was five foot five inches tall, and very appealing to look at, her
clean features now revealing she was, though not a magnificent or ravishing
beauty, a creature of considerable charm.
She was lean, and her skin pale, her lips full and red. Her father had always told her she had a good
chin. She hoped she still had after
Scunner had punched her on it so hard!
What a beguiling series of events!

Lothuial, in her new attire, entered the Wardroom to see what Captain Ravo was
now up to in there.</font></span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
22/Nov/2010, 04:19 PM
Wardroom of the Crimson Swan

Rávo</span> finally entered the wardroom of his ship his arms carried the charts that held the map of Gondor and its fiefs in great detail. His grey eyes glanced around the room paneled like the corridor in fine wood paneling that gleam in the candle light, a large wooden table placed in the center of the room with several somewhat comfortable chairs around it. In his right hand the young </span>sea captain had a sextant and astrolabe to help chart the easiest yet safest course for his ship since the mission was due to last at least one full month. Unless Ulmo</span> the Valar who was lord of all waters upon this world: be it stream, river, inland sea, or the great ocean upon which the Crimson Swan now sailed to </span>Dor Ethuil chose to hinder them in completing their mission. He recalled the jovial laughter of his new passenger which he had not heard for a while, who introduced herself as </font></span>“</font></span>My name,
sir, is Lothuial, Lady Lothuial.</font></span> I very
much would enjoy to 'freshen up', as you say it."</font></span> </font></span>Her words continued to roll around in his mind, " My gratitude to you, Captain Ravo of the Crimson Swan. You do Prince Imrahil proud, for you are a
gentleman."</font></span> " You are most kind to offer, and I will
see about clean raiment. Then I will
come to the wardroom. One month is not
such a long time, and it could have been worse, could it not? I feared at first that your destination might
prove some distant shore or land of which I had never even heard."</font></span> “It
has been a time since I was last at sea, forgive me if I am burdensome, or if
it takes me time to find my 'sea legs', Captain. You have been most gracious."</font></span>

Rávo</span> then chose that moment to take his leave so that she had privacy to clean herself up and change to clean clothing. He was glad to have packed some of his wife's sea farer clothing though they had not a chance to enjoy each other due events occuring with his brother-in-law Hallas</span> Corintur(C.) Pehwarin, </span>who managed to snare a beautiful lady of Gondor Angelikus Snape. The proud sea captain </span>now focused on his own task</span> laying out the maps of Gondor and the surrounding lands such as Rohan to the north, Ithilien to the east, and to the south the former lands of Gondor Umbar on the table. He took out the sextant widening the metal points of the instrument so that he could accurately plot the course of the Crimson Swan as it sailed along the coast of Gondor toward </span>Dor Ethuil. The young </span></span>dúnedain shook his head the black curls of his shoulder length hair swirling about his fair face. In his mind</span> </span>Rávo </span>thought</span></span> "No! You are married and you took an oath that you would remain faithful to her until the worlds end or death take you first!" " I will not break the oath even if I feel the stirrings of romance and the comfort of one lonely woman who is now aboard my ship!" " Let some other soul fall head over heals for her since she is a graceful woman full in the prime of life." He did not feel anger toward young lady though </span>Rávo</span> decided to remain curterous and respectful since the voyage was going to long even if he chose to sang ballads and praise to </span>Ulmo to help him speed his ship to its destination pick up the secure cargo though he did not know what it was, and return as swiftly as possible to Dol Amroth.</span>

He continued to muse quietly to himself as his grey eyes continued to gaze at the map of Gondor and the course of his ship </span>the Crimson Swan headed for </span>Dor Ethuil. They should arrive within two weeks if the wind held up as it was right now. </span>Rávo</span>'s
heart continued to beat within his chest and sagged against the table.
What was about this particular woman to made him feel the stirrings of
love and romance again? He glanced up at that particular moment to see</span> </span> Lady Lothuial</font></font> enter the wardroom. She was clad in a white fluffy shirt over which rested a plain brown waistcoat with a red handkerchief cinched around her slim waist, </font></font></span>black slacks, and tall black boots. Upon her head she wore a small sailor's hat tipped to one side, her blue eyes looking at him as she gazed around the room. In his mind </span>Rávo</span> thought, " What other plans does this young lady have in store for me?" "Is she someone with whom was placed aboard my ship as an informant or something else?" Since I now have to contend with her for a while as the voyage continues for things seemed to always caused me problems whenever I sail upon the seas and oceans of Middle Earth!" His baritone voice rumbled politely as his grey eyes looked at her surveying her new garments, "Lady</span>Lothuial</font></font> might I ask another curious question as to whom chose to toss you into a wooden crate that managed to be loaded upon my ship as we embarked upon the maiden voyage of the Crimson Swan?" </span>He waited patiently for </span>Lothuial</font></font> to speak to say her piece, and for her to ask any more questions that were surely upon her mind now that she was stuck aboard for a full month until they completed their mission.</span>

OOC: Thanks Laie for keeping our Naval RPG going even though I hope that the rest of my ensemble crew chooses to return and make for a more interesting and entertaining voyage!smileys/smiley4.gif
</font> </span>
</span></font>
</span></font>
</span></span>
</span>

Pele Alarion
03/Dec/2010, 04:56 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy

Once out of the smelly cargo hold, Aidan glanced this way and that, choosing the most unrestricted path for himself to get away from the possible duty of scrubbing the floors. His bare feet nimbly carried him to the rear end of the ship. There were not that many sailors there to bother him and he chose a spot on the deck near the railing and sat down cross-legged.

The salty sea breeze caressed his upturned face, as he squinted his eyes at the sun. It felt pleasant and for a moment or two the lad felt rather calm and peaceful, though it was seldom that he did, plans always forming in his mind. After all he always had to come up with the ways to avoid too much work or such duties that he didn't like, which meant - most of them. And then he had to practice being manly and learning habits from the sailors. Now there also was an option of trying to win over that lass who was pulled out of the cargo hold. He might be rather successful, since he considered himself more or less handsome and skilled.

A mischievous grin played on Aidan's lips and the calmness was gone from his face instantly. He looked around, but for the time being didn't see the newest addition to the ship's people. Well, they still had lots of time, since the ship won't return to Dol Amroth that soon.

Since he was still not needed anywhere, he pulled out the small knife he carried at his belt and with its tip began etching a small drawing unto the boards of the deck just before him, so he would be able to quickly hide his doings, if someone came. Aidan's hand led the sharp blade skilfully, creating the lines which eventually appeared to form a rose in full bloom. When he thought he had finished his task, he ran his left hand over the drawing to brush away any unwanted remains of his work, so he could see it properly.

Culcairion
30/Dec/2010, 06:38 AM
Halshadt Bristlebeard

grunting as he stooped to pick up his bale of rope, Halshadt pondered the meaning of life. was it his lot to serve and die for the good of the prince and captain or rather to work at this job so as to get the commission he craved? captain of a privateer vessel. he tended to the latter opinion. "hey! watch that jib boom you could take a man over in the brine with that skill." he shouted to the men, "daft! All daft!" he had a long and hard life on the sea. he had survived a squall some score ago that put a rusty colored scar across his left eye. he couldn't see out of that eye it had a milky grey haze over the bright blue iris. he spit his tobacco chaw overboard as he passed the captain on the main deck. he saluted with his free hand. he didn't think much of the man. Halshadt was 20 years Ravo's senior and could strike a sail by himself. The captain, he figured, could barely tie a bowline. Ravo had been a cabin boy on a voyage that Halshadt had been the boatswain. Ravo had nearly been drug into the sea after tying a drag line to his own foot. if it wasn't for Halshadt, Ravo would be just a memory. that was what he figured was the reason he resented the orders. He should have had Ravo's post! Well, maybe next time. For now he will be a boatswain and a bloody good one. He entered the cabin and bolted down the ladder to the cook's galley. He passed the wash tub and saw the pans hanging up. he pressed a finger in the grease."Aidan, you'll be doin' a better job than this or we'll be givn' you a good walloping!" he shouted, " Pedro, you'll be on the boy. he is already distracted by the hag on board." the woman was a bad omen. she could drive the ship to sink from the distracting daydreams she caused in the crews mind's. he had already caught Aidan staring at her through the floor boards. he didn't need this green crew to be distracted. "Pedro, you bloody big sea cow, what have you to say about this? You've got to get him on task. we don't want the lot of us with bilge bottoms."

Edited by: Culcairion

Laielinwen
04/Jan/2011, 09:09 AM
The Crimson Swan had long vanished from the sight of those in Dol Amroth within the Cove of White Ships. The leagues between Dol Amroth and the destination of that vessel in Anfalas along the coast were steadily diminishing. The first night of the voyage was largely uneventful, spent in calm waters as the Swan broke from the river tributaries of Gondor and left the safe arms of the welcoming land behind in favor of open seas. </font>
</font>The following day and the skies darkened, threatening rain, with high winds that made sailing difficult for the crew. High cliffs in their wake stretched along the length of their journey, and for this passage the Swan need not sail out of their sight, but with this cross wind rising up, the Captain signalled his wish to put more distance between the ship and the rocky stacks around the coastal headland. </font>
</font>It was past noon when the skies opened up, but when the rain fell it did so in torrents. The high winds remained a constant factor and the Crimson Swan rose and fell on the foaming squalls of sea water. It had become task enough to control the passing of the ship through the raging seas, and it had become more necessary than ever to put distance between the ship and land. One strong wave of unexpected height could dash them on the cliffs from which they had sailed. Had there been any warning of this change in the weather the Prince would have no doubt delayed their departure from the safe havens of the harbour front but that luxury was beyond them now. It seemed that as evening cast its gloom about them, the shadow of doubt and misgiving which had grown since the very launch of the vessel, perpetuated among the crew. A new ship with an infestation of rats, the bottle to mark the departure of the Swan on her maiden voyage not breaking, the mysterious absence of cats from the ship inventory and the equally mysterious appearance and presence of a woman on board! It was a blight upon the pride of Ulmo.</font>
</font>Yet as the eye of morning rose unseen above the lightening grey and black clouds, still spitting rain, the beleagured crew were soon aware of a new and unexpected addition to their woe. A floundering vessel to starboard, twin masted with a lateen sail on the foredeck, of Umbarian design. Was it an aged Corsair ship or a privateer vessel? It bobbed in and out of sight, carried on the tide, and unless intercepted, the foreign ship would be dashed upon the coastal plateau by days end.</font>
</font>Prompt Suggestion: You could choose to describe the passage of the ship through the night. You could talk about the difficulty sleeping or carrying out your duties. You could end your post as the discovery is made in the morning. Consider your reaction to it. You might have been off duty and playing games or drinking rum with your sailing buddies, provided you keep such habit from the ship's officers! You might be the one who in the dawn of morning spots the floundering vessel that could soon be broken upon the rocks of the coastal plateau, unless Captain Ravo comes up with a plan!</font>

Pele Alarion
04/Jan/2011, 07:46 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy

It appeared that his joy of laziness was not to last long. The shout coming from the galley, calling his name and mentioning not so well finished duty sent Aidan off in search for the cover. However, where could you hide on the ship? There was only that much space... At long last he had to show himself in the kitchen, and the cook generously offered him a punch to his ribs and the punishment of spending the last three days in service to the kitchen, unless he was greatly needed elsewhere.

Obviously Aidan was slow to learn in this matter, still doing his best to skip some of his duties, but to his dismay he was always caught, and the work only doubled and tripled. Thus it came that the next day he was early in the kitchen, scrubbing the dishes and even polishing them to the shine.

To add to his miseries the weather seemed to turn foul, and the ship was soon tossed back and forth, the torrents of rain battering it. Aidan tried to ignore it to the best of his abilities, suddenly finding that the work in the kitchen helped him not to think that much of the slowly growing unease in his stomach and the sense of unbalance he began to experience. "I'm the son of a fisherman. I should be just fine," he told himself.

No matter what Aidan said to himself, it all only affected his mind and not his body. As the evening drew closer, his belly had obviously decided that it was enough of the rocking back and forth, and it sent its contents out and over the kitchen floor he had almost finished scrubbing. Thus Pedro the cook found him kneeling and doubled over on the floor trying to quickly clean up the mess from the floor. He was thrown out of galley with no mercy with an explanation that sickies are not allowed near food.

Since most of the others were busy with trying to keep the ship in once piece, Aidan found some peace, as he tried to remain composed, laying on his berth motionless. But with all his effort he found that his insides still wanted to get out, and he spent a miserable night without ever getting a bit of sleep.

Eventually in the early morning hours he dragged himself out unto the deck, feeling that he needed a breath of fresh air lest he die. Ever so slowly he staggered across the stretch of free space to the railing, holding on to it with all of his might. The rain, even though not as strong as before, still soon drenched him, but he refused to go inside, the very thought of the smell in the cabin causing him to gag.

Thus he stood there, shivering and staring out at sea. Then it appeared to him that he saw something further out, and he straightened up somewhat, straining his eyes. Just when he thought that his weariness was playing tricks on him, it appeared again. The ship. Aidan watched it for some time and wondered why it was headed in the wrong direction. Even he knew that much. Deciding that he should alert the captain, he left his place and staggered towards the captain's cabin.

"Captain Ravo!" he cried out as loudly as he could. " Captain Ravo! There's a ship!"

Hallas C. Pehwarin
05/Jan/2011, 05:54 PM
Quarter
Deck of the Crimson Swan; early evening

Rávo</span> after finished
examining charts and course headed out of the wardroom to the quarterdeck of
his ship. His grey eyes took sight of his crew some of whom gazed out across
the open ocean, as the last fading rays of sunlight sank slowly below the
horizon. The ship's brass bell then sounded six times meaning 6 pm time for some
dinner for the crew. But a storm had blown upon them and began to toss the Crimson Swan
about as she continued to ply through the high sea swells. Rain now lashed the
entire ship soaking everything</span>, high winds then whipped all of the sails about as they
continued to head along the coast of Gondor to the fief of Anfalas, and
the fortress port of Dor Ethuil. The young sea captain took his place
holding to the wide wooden rail that ran the width of the Crimson Swan's
quarterdeck with both of his medium sized hands. He braced his legs apart to
keep himself upright and glared out across the length of his ship with his grey
eyes filled indignation directed to lord of sea Ulmo. He had offered the Valar a prayer for a safe voyage and it had been ignored.

</span>

</span>His impromptu sea uniform;</span> a
soft long sleeved red shirt, a sleeveless black leather vest; whose front and
collar were edged in a fine silver wire embroidery, a pair of black woolen
pants, and tall black leather boots were completely soaked through along with
his black tri-corner hat edged in silver and gold perched upon his head and
threatened to be blown off into the sea!</span> </span>It did not matter he
and his crew would complete their
mission! His great massive vessel continued to ply through the swells as
crewmen continued to attend to their duties with greater difficulty.
Another massive wave swept across the length of the Crimson Swan threatening
to cast some of his well trained crew into the churning sea! The young
captain quickly took action speaking in load commanding voice that he
hoped could be heard over the wind that continued to, "</span>Bosun</span>!
I want life lines fore and aft for every member of the crew!" "Send
hands aloft to double reef the main topsail!" " I can already tell we
are already carrying to much sail !" "I also want to officer of the
watch to report me here on the quarterdeck!"

</span>

The
bosun nodded his shaggy dark grey hair concealed by his wide dark navy
blue hat on the front was the ship's crest of Dol Amroth; An image of
tall graceful white ship surrounded by wavy blue green lines to
represent the open sea, above that rested the name Crimson Swan in
gold thread. The noncom then brought out his brass whistle to his pale
pink lips and twittered out the call for crew to stations and to go
aloft and haul in the topsail securing it by thick rope and then making
their way down from three sets of rigging that graced all three masts of
the Crimson Swan on both sides. The captain looked at the men some of whom looked tired for their long slumbers, and called in stern tone, "Come on men smarten yourselves up!" </span>Rávo</span>
grey eyes now peered out across the wide sea keeping alert for any
dangers; since the coast comprised mostly steep cliffs of sheer rock.</span> The Crimson Swan could easily find herself dash upon the rocks and he would immediately cashiered by the Prince Imrahil for losing the newest and finest ship in the Swan Fleet.
</span>

The tall 6 foot d</span>únedain continued to observe his crew carry out their assignments and finally the officer of the watch a young man of 19 appeared before him dressed in seafarer's clothing; a white fluffy shirt, white cotton vest with brass buttons, and a pair of white woolen pants tucked neatly into a pair of black leather boots. The young officer also wore a dark navy short jacket whose boarders were edged in white thread and spoke in somewhat frightened tone, "Sir, you wished to see me?" </span>Rávo</span> turned his head to one side to address the helmsman momentarily, " Helm, come four point</span>s larboard(Port) then steady on course for a three minutes, and come back</span> steerboard(Starboard) one point." The
helmsman; a young man of 24 years old and a native of Dol Amroth did so and the Crimson Swan
continued to sail on into the night along the coast of Gondor. The proud captain then turned his attention to the officer of the Watch and spoke his baritone voice thick with an undercurrent of anger, "Officer of the watch where you were a moment ago? And why did you not already dose the topsail, once my ship began to have trouble in this storm that seemed to come upon us with a vengeance?!"</span></span>Rávo</span> breathed in the salty sea air through his </span>medium</span> aquiline nose waiting for a proper answer and again braced his legs apart to combat the constant swaying movement of his ship. The young officer looked at his captain with green eyes filled with sorrow and spoke loud enough to be heard of wind and thunder, "Captain my apologies I was upward helping some of the crew secure the extra rigging in the fo'c'sle(forecastle), after batting down the bowsprits' sheets." Rávo </span>nodded his shaggy wet soaked head and dismissed the officer of the watch, satisfied with his explanation as to why he had not been here aft on the quarterdeck earlier.</span> </span>

Quarterdeck, officer and captain's quarters</span>
Rávo </span>then headed to </span>rear
of the quarterdeck opening the wooden stained glass door. Stepping
inside the young captain secured it and began to walk down the short
corridor lined with fine wood paneling lined with several
set of officers quarters upon either side, the wardroom; where evening
meal was held for him and the ships officers. Rávo</span></span> finally stopped a wide set of wooden doors that were his cabin. Opening them with his medium sized hands the exhausted dúnedain stepped into his dimly lit cabin.</span> The quarters contained a large table placed in the center used for the
laying out of maps, to the right side was his small wooden desk
containing his spare papers, logbook, ink bottles and quills. His bunk
was hidden by some soft cotton curtains made by his wife with floral
pattern, to the left was his small bookshelf containing a few good
books worth reading and a few historical books detailing the lore and
history of Gondor and its long gone sister realm of Arnor, his personal
closet filled with spare clothing underwear, socks, boots, and a few
formal uniforms, his lavatory and washing area and dominating the rear
of the cabin was a set of cushions to act as a couch, above them were
series of rectangular windows stretching the width of the room. Also
stored his when battle arose were two small ballista folded down placed
in small rope racks nestled in the two corners of his quarters behind
his lavatory and desk.

He headed to his padded chair by the desk let himself dropping into its comfortable embrace. Rávo</span> pulled off his tall black leather boots and soaked black socks. His </span>medium
sized nose wrinkled in utter distaste at the smell of his bare foot now
resting upon the wooden floorboards of his wide quarters thinking,
"Urh, well next time cut your own watch of few minutes shorter so you do
not wind up with stinky feet </span>Rávo</span>?!" The young captain then stripped off the rest of soaked through clothing; </span>a
soft long sleeved red shirt, a sleeveless black leather vest; whose
front and
collar were edged in a fine silver wire embroidery, his black belt edged
in silver, and a pair of black woolen
pants. All that he had now was a pair of woolen underwear soaked and
its own fabric began to smell! He stripped these off and quickly wrapped
himself into a dry black woolen towel that he cinched around his waist
,and it covered the lower half of his semi-toned body.</span> Rávo </span>padded
over to his small closet and pulled out underwear, a fresh pair of
socks, a pair of grey woolen pants, and a long-sleeved beige shirt. He
bent down and picked out a new pair of soft suede brown leather
traveling boots setting them underneath his buck, where his grey eyes
caught sight of the drapes hand embroidered with a floral pattern by his beautiful wife </span>Ríne(Stephana). He pursed his pale pink lips together and heaved out a great sigh wishing they had spent more time together before the voyage. He climbed into his rack wearing his new underwear and grey woolen pants, and soon the swaying motion of his ship managed to ease its master asleep breathing deeply.

~~~~~~~
Following Morning

The young sea captain slept very peaceful during the rest of the night, and was rudely awoken by the sounds of someone pounding on the great wooden doors of his cabin! He sat up groggily trying in vain to clear away the last vestiges of sleep from his mind and body so that he could focus on what was occuring outside. His medium sized ears heard a young man's voice(Aidan) calling him,"Captain Ravo!" " Captain Ravo! There's a ship!" Rávo</span> threw on his beige long sleeved shirt tucking it into the waist of his grey woolen pants and pulled on his socks followed by his tall</span> soft suede brown leather
traveling boots and tucked to the ends of his pants into the tops of them. He turned his head his right his shoulder length black hair cascading about his face and its features; </span>a wide high forehead, thin black eyebrows, either side of his face were two medium sized ears covered by his long black hair, two grey eyes,</span> a medium</span> aquiline nose, pale pink lips, and a nice curved rounded chin. His mind whirled as he thought, "A ship this close to Gondor's shores?!" He grabbed his black tri-corner hat edged in silver and gold</span> placing it upon his head to cover the tangle mass of black curls of hair covering his skull. His baritone voice rumbled as he spoke slightly still tired due burdens
of commanding one of the Swan Fleets newest and finest ships. " Come in seaman or yeoman. " "We have sighted a ship you say?" Rávo</span> now stood up to his full height of 6-foot, and opened the doors of his cabin. His thin black eyebrows shot up into his hairline as he beheld a young man who looked young maybe 15 or 16years of age!

The</span> d</span>únedain captain then walked down the short corridor of paneled wood past the officer's quarters, wardroom approaching the stained glass door opening it and stepping out onto the quarterdeck. His grey eyes looked about seeing his men tend to their stations and assigned duties.</span> He walked over to the steerboard(starboard) side of the ship gripping the wooden rail and spotted the distressed vessel. Rávo</span> noted that it was of an Umbarian design with twin masts and had a lateen sail that was secured to its mast on the foredeck. The young captain noted that with the current tide and sea swells, it would be dashed upon the shore of Gondor by the day's end. Action was needed immediately! So he quickly issued orders to his crew, " All hands man starboard rail to ware ship!" "Helm's man bring us along her windward side so the we can attach a tow line." "Boarding party will arm themselves and search the deserted vessel bow to stern!"</span> Rávo </span>watched his crew spring into action to carry out his orders and plan

OOC: Laie thanks for giving all of us who still participating in the RPG another fun filled and adventurous prompt! Enjoy following my orders Pele, my lovely Likus if you do return</font></span></span> soon and to the rest of the proud crew of the Crimson Swan! It took me a little longer since I needed to review nautical terms and basic seamanship since I have been on the water from 1 year of age and swimming before I could walk!</font>smileys/smiley2.gif

Pele Alarion
08/Jan/2011, 05:53 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy

He was rather impatient waiting for the response at the door which restricted him from telling the news immediately. Soon though Aidan stood before the captain and looked up at him, nodding rigorously.

"Yes. The ship there..." he pointed vaguely in the general direction of the foreign vessel. Still somewhat unsteadily and brushing back his wet hair Aidan then followed a step or two behind Ravo, eager to see what would happen next. Once he heard the orders, the weariness was quickly replaced by a rush of adrenaline through his body. Something was about to happen, and this would not be just a routine voyage!

As quickly as he could the lad scrambled off in search of his shortsword that he kept under on his bunk under the mattress. It was his treasure and he guarded it well, not even taking it out on ordinary days. But this was not an ordinary day. And he wanted to be a part of the team boarding the other ship. Aidan quickly buckled on the sword, adjusting it so that the belt was perfectly secured around his hips, and the hilt easily accessible.

Then he ran back out on deck to present himself, hoping that he won't be turned down just because he was young and inexperienced. He already had a plenty of good reasons in mind to support his presence in the boarding party, if need be. Determination of a fighter appeared in his grey gaze, as he approached the railing on the starboard side and looked at the ship they were to investigate.

Aidan chewed on his upper lip in nervous expectation, wondering if this could be a pirate ship. In his mind he already saw himself back home, bragging to his peers about the battle scars and the hard earned victory, and of taking a few captives. Oh, and surely a damsel heroically rescued from the clutches of the ruthless bandits. A grin broke out on Aidan's face and he squared his shoulders, ready to prove himself a hero.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
09/Jan/2011, 09:02 PM
Quarter
Deck of the Crimson Swan; morning

</span>Rávo</span> now continued to look at the dark sky with his gray eyes </span>surveyed the distressed vessel still bobbing up and down in the sea swells. It was of an Umbarian design with twin masts and had a lateen sail that was secured to its mast on the foredeck. But a two greater questions whirled around his mind as the Crimson Swan approached to vessel on its port side, "How in the all of Arda did this Umbar privateer managed to get up this far of Gondor's coast?" "Where were its crew usually numbering around minimum 50 at the greatest 140?" The young </span>d</span>únedain captain was then approached by his personal steward; who bore in his hands a soft gray </span>cotton vest with brass buttons,</span> a long sleeved black leather coat edged in both a silver and gold</span> wire embroidery. Draped over his left shoulder was a plain brown belt. Rávo</span> quickly pulled both of his muscled arms through the sleeves of vest and fastened up all of the brass buttons. He then pulled his arms into the sleeves of his </span>long sleeved black leather coat edged in both a silver and gold</span> wire embroidery. He took hold of the plain brown belt and fastened it over his slim and fit waist of his coat.

The young sea captain then accepted wooden scabbard wrapped in dark gray leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. </span>The scabbard was capped with steel locket and an elegant steel chape that matched the pommel of the sword the rested inside. He attached the straps of leather to the left side of his belt and it </span>hung straight down. Inside was </span>dúnedain hand-and-half sword. </span></span>It was quality make and the design could be passed off as several types being
made currently within Gondor.</span> The swords' conical pommel was a simple piece of steel, and continued on to the handgrip which wide matched the young </span>dúnedains'
callused hands. The crossguard came next once had been a square piece
of steel and then twisted with a warrior's flourish into a crescent
still used in Gondor's armed forces swords. It was inlaid with a gold
filigree and after that came a three and quarter foot steel blade.

The
steel blade was also three inches across at its widest point and had a
flattened diamond shape that could be seen still during the long
construction of the blade, and was given also given a wide deep fuller
introduced into the finely crafted steel in order to keep the weight down
and kept
the strength at the end of the sword. The blade was sharpened on both
sides and
its fuller did in fact end a short way before reaching the tip of the
sword. The beautiful crafted
steel three foot and quarter blade was unadorned save just after
crossguard and pressed into the
middle on both sides of the beginning of the steel blade was a tiny
representation
of White Swan Ship and on either side were two tiny swan's wings outstretched in full flight. It was considered his personal symbol of his own minor d</span>únedain family. </span>

Rávo </span>made another decision regarding the upcoming boarding action by the men and woman under his command. His baritone voice rang out across the quarter deck of the Crimson Swan, " Stout hearted men of Crimson Swan I will be accompanying</span> boarding party. " The names I call here are those that will be accompanying me, Aidan, and a few other sailors. " "A detachment of Swan knights will be lead by Radest." "As for everyone else I am proud to serve you and that I do to remind all that I will face the risks of combat just like any other sailor of Knight of Dol Amroth. " So stand ready and be ready for anything." The sea captains' gray eyes continued to look at the Umbarian privateer with suspicion and distrust. Something was going to happen very soon and </span>Rávo</span> felt in his gut that it might effect his command of the Crimson Swan! </span>

OOC: I hope everyone is doing well in RL and throughout the Plaza. I might be offline due to an approaching winter storm head for the Ozarks.smileys/smiley6.gif
</font>

</span>

Angelikus Snape
18/Jan/2011, 09:18 AM
Radest, a Swan Knight

Radest had been uncomfortable for most of the day and was indeed lucky enough to not have vomited during the day that he had so far. He then continued to get a grips on ship life for after all, the Captain himself had said that they would be sailing for about a month. The night was uneventful indeed but then still he couldn't sleep in his room, because of the continuous rocking. "Ah well, I think I'll get used to this sooner or later. But I hope it is sooner because I don't know how long I'll last if this continued." this thought remained in his mind throughout the night.

Early morning, the all too familiar sound of running alerted Radest. Now with a better sense of footing, he went up to the top deck of the ship and saw the Captain discussing what they would be doing. As he continued to listen intently, he learned that he would be leading the detachment of Swan Knights that were within the ship. There was one thing nagging in his mind though and thought it best to discuss with the Captain. "Captain!" he said. "Have you given specific instructions to the people who are steering the ship and what they should be doing as we try and board? I would want to know because I would not want to lose the charge that was appointed to me by the Prince himself. He gave me specific instructions to protect this ship no matter what and I would not want to lose it on its first battle." These were valid questions and it worried Radest that the Captain himself was going to join the raiding party instead of navigating the ship to keep it safe as the Swan Knights tried to board the other ship.

"Swan Knights!" he said to the Knights that were now surrounding him and listening to a word that he said. "You have been asked by the Prince to join this voyage because he believes in your abilities and capabilities. I would want you to know that I too believe in each and everyone of you. We have to be swift and defend this ship with our lives. I will join the boarding party and half of you will join me. The rest will stay here to defend this ship if anyone of the Umbarians try and board this ship. We were entrusted to defend this ship with our lives and that is what we are going to do so STAND UP, MEN OF THE WEST!" he said in the hopes of inspiring his men to do their best and be successful in their first sea battle.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
18/Jan/2011, 04:20 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> now heard a voice catch his immediate attention! </span>"Captain!" The young d</span>únedain</span>
turned his head to his left his grey eyes catching sight of one of his
Swan Knights detached to the ship. He leaned forward slightly on the
tossing deck listened with an ear to the concerns of Radest who spoke in concerned but respectful tone,</span> "Have you given specific instructions to the people who are steering
the ship and what they should be doing as we try and board? I would want
to know because I would not want to lose the charge that was appointed
to me by the Prince himself. He gave me specific instructions to protect
this ship no matter what and I would not want to lose it on its first
battle." Rávo </span>inwardly
cringed at himself for his own foolhardiness and desire to lead his men
personally into battle. He listened to his fellow d</span>únedain speak to his men, </span>"Swan Knights!" "You have been asked by the Prince to join this voyage because he
believes in your abilities and capabilities. I would want you to know
that I too believe in each and everyone of you. We have to be swift and
defend this ship with our lives. I will join the boarding party and half
of you will join me. The rest will stay here to defend this ship if
anyone of the Umbarians try and board this ship. We were entrusted to
defend this ship with our lives and that is what we are going to do so
STAND UP, MEN OF THE WEST!"

The young captain of the Crimson Swan moved to stand closer to next his subordinate and spoke in low equally respective tone, "Sir Radast thank
you for reminding me of my duty to our ship." "I will now remain aboard
ship and stand ready to assist you in our first sea battle." Rávo</span> nodded his shaggy black head in understanding and moved back over to stand near the helmsman who continued to guide the Swan toward the disabled enemy ship. The young captain now spoke up his baritone voice carried still a tone of pride and respect, " Sailors and company the Swan Knights of the Crimson Swan
I now realize that I have the most important duty to our home-away-from
home to guard it against being taken by our enemies. " "So I will
remain on board the ship, while some of </span>you </span>will
enjoy searching the deserted vessel and hopefully secure the prize!" "
Know still that my heart and prayers go with each and every one of you
as you go into battle to keep our kingdom safe until the return of the
High King whenever that may occur." </span>

Rávo</span> then turned his shaggy head to look directly at Radast his grey eyes filled with somber and silent resignation, "Sir Radast you will now be in charge of the boarding action.</span>" "</span>Aidan will lead our sailors in search of the deserted vessel but will follow the orders of senior officer </span>Sir Radast understood?" The proud sea captain of the Crimson Swan looked at the young cabin boy with grey eyes knowing the burden of command also lay on his shoulders. Overall however the actions of his men would rest solely with him; when he, </span>Rávo</span> recorded it in the ship's log. </span>"Remember stand on constant alert for our enemy is cunning and ruthless." "But we will have victory</span>!" " For We Are All D</span>únedain</span>, Descendants of the Faithful of Elendil." "So Ballista crews man your stations ready release a salvo of steel javelins into her hull, But No-One is to Fire without my Order, Understood?!" </span>Rávo</span> then heard a chorus of men's voices reply, "Yes Sir, Aye Aye Sir!" and
his crew continued to make ready for the coming battle and search of
the deserted Umbarian vessel that they were closing in on. The growing
sense of uneasiness continued to gnaw at </span></span>Rávo</span>'s stomach.There something that he still did not like about this deserted ship found this far up the coast of Gondor. </span>

OOC: Thank you Likus
for reminding me that most captains of military vessels would not
usually lead their men into battle unless absolutely necessary!</font>smileys/smiley10.gifPele please respond as you see fit to my newest post!</font>smileys/smiley2.gif</span>

Laielinwen
30/Jan/2011, 03:34 AM
It became apparent as
the floundering vessel became less distant, with the Swan veering toward its
position, that it was not a deserted ship. In fact there were many hands hard
at work, but something was wrong. With the wind firmly behind the vessel, it
seemed that the crew was struggling to change direction and avoid being
scuppered on the looming headland stacks. It would require half the crew to
simply trim the sails to begin a maneuver but to perform the turn they needed
to it would require a full implement of sailors or marines to perform the
tacking. So if they could not turn across the wind, they were undermanned or on
a skeleton crew. The limited change of course they had made was not by nearly
enough degrees to prevent impending disaster.

Dozens of dark skinned mariners worked hard on the decks of the pirate or
privateer vessel, fighting to adjust, but there was now as the distance
diminished between the Swan and the stricken vessel, obvious damage. The ship
before them had severe list to the port-side, and sat low in the waters; the
rigging was fouled amidships, causing difficulty with the mainsail. It appeared
as though even with a full crew contingent, these mariners were doomed by the
high winds and the storm of the previous night.

The Swan Knights prepared a boarding party, but how was Captain Ravo to get his
brave soldiers to the decks of the enemy ship, and what were they going to do
when they got there? It seemed there were easily three score and more sailors
on the beleaguered ship, and many of them would not go down without a
fight. Or would they simply submit to would-be
rescuers? The key question to which the
answer would help solve the rest of the riddles, was what were they doing so
close to the shores of Gondor? It was unlikely they would be so far from home
without purpose...

At the bow of the Swan, Lady Lothuial looked on with interest, a tempest in her
eyes that mirrored the tempest in their wake, as though within her burned a
raging fire of vitality that condemned the bejeweled skies of evening to
mediocrity in comparison.</font></span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
01/Feb/2011, 03:43 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> now looked out at the stricken Umbarian vessel catching sight of its skeleton crew several dark skinned sea mariners. His </span>grey
eyes now drifted to the vessel was possibly damaged below seeing it sit
low in the churning waters of the sea. At amidships the mail sail and
rigging were fouled up and the crew was still frantically trying to save their vessel! None of them seem to have noticed the approach of the Crimson Swan and the young dúnedain captain now issued orders " Sail trimmers aloft to your stations !" "Stand by to luff up and be ready to douse the T'Gallantsand the topsail!" "Helmsman steady on and then bring her larboard(port) five points and then steady on."

The seasoned helmsman complied bringing the Swan closer to the stricken vessel before bearing away left and even up to bring the massive vessel alongside. Both ships continued to move up and down in the churning waters of the great sea. Again the young sea captain issued another set of orders to his crew, " Crew and sailors of Crimson Swan stand ready rig slings for our boarding parties." A quick series of "Aye Sirs !" came down the length of their great and powerful vessel. Now Rávo</span> gazed up and down the length of his vessel spotting with his grey eyes the lady Lothuial gazing out across the waters at the stricken vessel. Only time would tell if efforts to affect a rescue would prove to be in vain or disaster!
</span>

Pele Alarion
03/Feb/2011, 10:13 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy

The lad almost held his breath while awaiting the captains judgement of his capability, and when he was named among those comprising the search party, his pride swelled up within him. There he stood, his shoulders squared and his head lifted high, the hand resting on the hilt of his dagger. It did not matter that he was but a barefooted cabin boy and no mighty Swan Knight.

Aidan was almost heedless to the surrounding conversations, but eventually he managed to return back to the present time, since hearing all the instructions was important. He'd have time enough to prove himself yet. To his surprise he found that Captain Ravo told him to lead the search party under the watchful eye of the Swan Knight leader. "What?... Me.... Lead?..." he mumbled, his eyes growing big and round, and his mouth dropping open in astonishment. After all he had barely dared to hope that he'd be allowed to join the team at all, being so young and inexperienced. And now such an honour?

He shook his head as if to clear it and see if he had heard right. He looked at Radast curiously, blinked like an owl and then turned his attention back to Ravo. "Yes, sir. I'll do as you command," he managed to say clearly and loudly. The realization of what it meant sunk in finally and the weight of responsibility lay heavy on his shoulders. Suddenly Aidan's pride and desire to prove himself changed to uncertainty and even fear. Would he have what it takes to not endanger the other sailors? He did not want to be responsible for any loss of life.

His face downcast now, he turned to look at the ship they were approaching. It certainly seemed to be damaged and he could see the crew working hard to save it. So the ship was inhabited after all. But who knew if those people were good or bad. Would they accept their help? With the corner of his eye Aidan espied their only woman standing at the bow. Something about her made him suspicious, but he said nothing. Waiting. Brooding.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
07/Feb/2011, 11:20 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span>'s grey eyes glanced over at the young cabin boy and sailor Aidan. His medium sized ears hidden by his long shoulder black hair, heard the young boy's voice stammer, "What?... Me.... Lead?..." over the cry of others giving commands to ready the Crimson Swan for the boarding action on the stricken Umbarian vessel that they were closing on steadily off their starboard side. The young sea captain noted the young boy's dark eyes go big and wide at the prospect of him leading their contingent of sailors to offer their aid to those who still trying to save their vessel. The young man glanced furtively over at Sir Radast before facing he, Rávo </span>again. His voice was bit deeper as Aidan spoke,</span>"Yes, sir. I'll do as you command,"

The young d</span>únedain</span> now turned his attention back to the starboard side as he watched his ship approach their foundering and stricken Umbarian vessel. So Rávo</span> began to think, "If she was taking on water the quickest solution was to rig a sail to patch the hole by using the starboard main yardarm. " The young captain continued to observe the efforts of the skeleton crew to try and save their vessel. He then issued his next orders, " Bosun I want four men to start rigging a sail to be applied as a patch in the event of damage below the Umbarian vessel's waterline. And pass the word for the ship's carpenter to be ready to affect emergency repairs to the vessel." " That is if the crew accepts our assistance otherwise be ready to receive guests for and extended stay onboard the Swan." The grizzled bosun nodded his shaggy grey haired head in acknowledgment and called out, "Aye Sir, Four men with me rig tackle and prepare one of smaller sails to act as a cushion to prevent our possible hostile vessel from foundering in the Great Sea." As soon as those words issued from the bosun's weathered lips Rávo</span> watched as his crew went into a fervor so that all of them could help their fellow sea mariner's, even if they looked like the swarthy pirates of Umbar's main port and city far away to the south of Gondor. Besides they were all men of the sea and Eru's (the one) creatures.

OOC: Sorry everyone RL has not been kind to us of the Midwest of the US, since we have another snow storm headed right for us. So I might be offline either Wednesday or Thursday.</font>smileys/smiley6.gif
</span>

Angelikus Snape
11/Feb/2011, 04:26 PM
Radest, a Swan Knight

Radest listened intently at the instructions of their Captain Ravo. He nodded with approval and looked over Aidan who was just a little boy and yet asked to lead the raiding party. This brought a brief smile to Radest as he saw the young man blinking like an owl to him. He approached Aidan and said, "you'll do fine kid, just make sure that you bring as many men as you can back to the ship if things turn ill." while placing a hand on the kid's shoulder. It was not the most comforting thing to say at the time but then again, everyone should expect the worst. He turned to the other Swan Knights and the rest of the boarding party and said, "We have no idea what's out there so I want everyone to be sharp. Engage them if they are hostile but keep in mind the objective and that is securing the prize which will be Aidan's primary focus. We are to defend the sailors as best we could and assist the sailors in securing the prize." As he said this, Radest remembered something else, what was it they are looking for? It might be hard to look for something if they do not know what it is. "Best ask now than wonder later," he thought to himself. "Captain, what is it that we are looking for once we board the ship?" Radest asked in the hopes that it would narrow the places of their search.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
11/Feb/2011, 07:14 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> now listened to the exchange between his lead Swan Knight Radest and the young cabin boy Aidan. The knight's voice was reassuring and gave comfort to the young assigned leader who would be in charge of the search of the wayward Umbarian vessel. His Grey eyes continued to eye the vessel and hoped that its skeleton crew and accept the aid and service. Things could be worse as the young Captain of the Crimson Swan gave the rest of the boarding party a short and quick reminder about the objective to render aid and to secure the vessel. The tall knight then turned his gaze on him and asked a critical question,"Captain, what is it that we are looking for once we board the ship?" Rávo</span> now moved closer to his two men in charge of the boarding action as their vessel continued to heave in the ocean swells.

The young </span>d</span>únedain</span> spoke with a firm tone but still concerned tone, " Sir Radast, Aidan your secondary objective is to located any documents pertaining to the vessel's voyage." " Specially a Captain's log book would be the most essential and contain what I need to see how in all of Arda that they managed to avoid the patrols of our proud fleet." " Also be sure to secure the hold since some Umbarian citizens have been known to torch their own vessels by layering it lightly in oil and throwing a lit brand into the hold where their store of goods has the highest concentration of oil and would quickly burn down to the waterline. " That would give you and your men only a few minutes, a maximum of ten to fifteen to get back aboard the Swan." "Because I would then be force to cut lines and bear away using long wooden spars to fend her hulk ." "So like you said Sir Radast be on guard at all times." With that said Rávo </span>gave both men an encouraging nod of approval at their preparations to board and then walked over to stand again beside the young helm's-man, who continued to guide their ship toward the stricken vessel while again looking out across his ship at the lady </span> Lothuial, who continued to stand by the bowsprit. Her dark eyes gaze around at her surroundings and occasional on the men. Whom the young sea Captain was glad to see concentrating on their assigned to duties to aid their fellow sea mariners on board their disabled vessel.

OOC: Glad to see you back posting in this fun thrilling adventure my lovely Likus.</font>smileys/smiley10.gif
</span>

Laielinwen
11/Feb/2011, 10:43 PM
As the Swan drew
alongside the stricken Umbarian vessel, damage was visible, and it seemed she
had hit rocks or been rammed by something, possibly another ship. It was therefore
not impossible she had escaped capture and evaded a patrol of Gondor as a bit
player in a large conflict, somewhere out to sea. But there were a number of other
possibilities of course…

The grappling hooks and lines were in place, but the Southrons on their
bedraggled deck were not keen on being taken. Despite their low number and dire
position, they recognized that some chance of life was better than no chance. Surrender
was not an option, and after all, these Gondorians had brought them a proud
ship! If they could but take it, then
perhaps they might continue to live and thrive.

Habir Al'Kabai barked orders to his pirate crew, for pirates they were. Bone
and sinew bows were lofted, to fend off the Gondorian boarding party. The low
number meant the air was not filled with arrows, but suddenly this exhausted
and endangered crew were an enemy, not victims of the High Seas in need of
rescue. As his men fought to stave off
the Knights about to descend from the Swan onto the decks of the stricken
vessel, Habir played his trump card. A Gondorian Naval Officer, in sullied
uniform, his face bloodied from a wound to the temple.

Seeing his men might be overwhelmed from the weight of numbers, Habir sought to
barter for a better chance of freedom. Fighting would be more practical on the
deck of the greater ship, besides his vessel was doomed and sinking from a vast
breach that was recently made worse when they struck something below the water
line. This prisoner would provide a human shield and a healthy bargaining
position. The fiercely blue eyed man seemed important. Something in his
arrogant bearing told Habir that he could be their ticket out of this desperate
situation.

He shouted to the Gondorians, as the bowmen readied for action with the
Gondorian ship pulling alongside and lowering lines. He did not speak their ill
cursed tongue, but he knew he would get his message across, as Kalak Mi'Jabiri
held the officer tight, a serrated knife across his throat, as the hostage
grimaced and stared his hate.</font></span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
14/Feb/2011, 05:12 AM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> now placed his right hand upon the grip of his finely crafted </span>dúnedain hand-and-half sword. It still rested inside his </span>wooden scabbard wrapped in dark gray leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. </span>The scabbard was capped with steel locket and an elegant steel chape that matched the pommel of the sword as it was attached to his plain brown belt rested around his waist of his at sea attire. Now his keen grey eyes to quick stock of the situation </span></span>being that his boarding party was about to board the enemy ship and now his own vessel was in peril though he was proud of his crew had defended their ship, Crimson Swan with zeal and vigor. Rávo</span>'s pulse now raced as he watched the leader of these pirate scum threaten the life of one of his officers who were involved in the boarding action.

He raised his left making a gesture of his own signally his bowmen, who were hidden behind the wooden top-masts of his ship to take out the pirates surrounding their leader. His baritone voice was filled with anger and wrath, "Pirate Scum release my crew at once!" "You do not have the men to take us on and your vessel is lost due to your own foolishness at evading our fleet."</span> Rávo</span> took a moment to draw breath and continued, " You can surrender and your lives will be spared at least long enough to be returned to my lord, the Prince of Dol Amroth." The young d</span>únedain captain looked over at the rest of the boarding party; including his Swan Knights under Sir Radast and Aidan who was going to be leading a contingent of sailors to retrieve anything of value, mainly the Captain's log to determine</span> how these pirates managed to evade their squadrons of vessels that operated around the coast of Gondor focusing on defending the fiefs from Lebennin to Anfalas. The burden of command rested on his broad shoulders and it was his decisions that would effect the lives of his crew and possibly his Kingdom....

Angelikus Snape
22/Feb/2011, 12:14 PM
Radest, a Swan Knight, Quarter

Radest </span>and his Swan Knights were about to board the ship when all of a sudden arrows came from the top masts of their ship. Radest quickly shouted, "Men, shields up!" and quickly enough, they were able to deflect the shots coming from the enemy ship. He had something on his sleeve too and was about to command those on the top masts of the Crimson Swan to shoot towards the enemy ship when all of a sudden the leader of the enemy ship met them but with a Gondorian Naval Officer whom it seemed to Radest was held hostage by these pirate scum. He squinted his eyes to assess the situation while thinking of a plan to rescue the Naval Officer. While Captain </span>Rávo </span>was talking with the pirate, Radest looked at the top masts of the ship to make sure that they were ready to shoot once he gives his signal and told the other Knights to spread out. Once I give the signal, I want you to move and board the ship quickly. He also looked at Captain </span></span>Rávo</span> as if to tell him of the plan that he has to rescue the Naval Officer.</span>

Pele Alarion
23/Feb/2011, 10:33 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy

The trust of the Captain and the leader of the Swan Knights team caused Aidan's confidence to rise. If they thought he was able to fulfil the orders, then it was most likely that he indeed was so. He stood, ready to head the invasion of the ship with the assigned sailors behind him. A corner of his lips pulled up ever so slightly, as he looked at Radest again and said, "Whatever there will be on the ship, I will find."

Aidan supposed that accessing any documents would not be easy, since the crew aboard the damaged ship did not look ready to just allow them to walk around and take whatever they wanted. A few plans began forming in his mind, as he evaluated each of the members on his team. Now, if they could...

However, he had to forsake all of his plans, when the ship they were about to board turned out to be inhabited by hostile folk. He stared in disbelief, recognizing that Umbarians presented to them a hostage. With a knife at his throat, nonetheless. Aidan espied also the arrows aimed this way, and he cautiously slipped behind the protection of Knights' shields.

Highly aware of the situation, he listened as their own Captain spoke his mind to the people whom Aidan now considered to be enemies. Suddenly he had a wish that they would let these evil folk drown in their damaged ship. Perhaps there would be less danger on the sea, less pirates. Harsh words were on his tongue, but he knew to hold his peace and not speak where it was not proper. Perhaps they would still have to search the other ship?

Hallas C. Pehwarin
24/Feb/2011, 09:56 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> now raised his own shield similar in design, to those used by the contingent of Swan Knights stationed aboard the Swan. Though on its wooden front layered in leather stained jet black was the crest of his own family being the White Swan Ship and on either side were two</span> Swan's wings outstretched done in White and Silver. The top and bottom of the shield was edged in solid Bronze. His grey eyes flicked again to his crew many of whom were being shielded by the knights who were spread throughout the vessel and along the starboard side. The young sea captain's patience was beginning to wear down when a fellow Swan Knight managed to convey a plan of action ready to implemented by Sir Radest.

His shaggy blacked haired head was still covered by his tri-cornered hat trimmed with a silver and gold embroidery to indicate he was the master of the vessel and carried the rank of Captain. He turned for single moment to gaze with his keen grey eyes at his Marine officer and nodded solemnly approving the plan. The actions and their consequences he alone would bear in his log book, and his official report to his lord Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth and titular Lord of the fief of Belfalas..... The suspense was beginning to gnaw inwardly at him so he spoke one final time to the pirate scum," All right Corsairs of Umbar what is your answer/ Will you release my men? " "Because this will be your final and last chance to spare yourselves an ignoble and bitter end. "What Say You?!" Rávo</span> kept his shield up in defensive posture the fingers of his right hand clamped around the handgrip</span> of his finely crafted </span>dúnedain hand-and-half sword. It still rested inside his </span>wooden scabbard wrapped in dark gray leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. </span>The
scabbard was capped with steel locket and an elegant steel chape that
matched the pommel of the sword as it was attached to his plain brown
belt rested around his waist of his at sea attire. Now</span> it was up to the bold plan of Sir Radest's to succeed, since he now offered to Valar a silent prayer to allow them to vanquish their enemies with few losses.....

Laielinwen
28/Feb/2011, 11:32 AM
http://laielinwen.com/Plaza/SL/Saur&#111;nTrib2.jpgSauron</font>WasHere</font>http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif</font></span>

Lord Imrahil
12/Mar/2011, 06:35 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Quarter Deck of the Crimson Swan, Morning, Sathormir.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">The moment the vessel had been sighted Sathormir had quickly ran below decks to the Knights Quarters, grabbed his gear and donned his Armour. He chose only what could be shed quickly in the event he lost his footing and fell in, so he shrugged on his quilted Gambeson and then over that his Hauberk and another Gambeson, he grabbed his shield and donned his Helm, making sure not to strap anything on, if he fell in he could simply tilt himself down in the water and let Gravity the rest for him.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">He slung his Quiver and Bowfrom his shoulder along with his Mace. He decided to leave his shield behind, he was well armoured and it might prove tricky to lose should he haveto free his arm quickly and he would his Bow.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">Overhead he could the dull thunk of thethe ship's Ballistae andhear the Officers barking orders. He ran back up to the Deck and up to the Quarter Deckin time to hearCaptain Ravo order the Cabin Boy (Aidan)to lead the attack . He waited with grim anticipation and he his blood begin to roar in his ears.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">As they neared theUmbarian ship, he could see the dark-skinned Corsairs scuttling overtheir damaged Hulk and he could make out the details,such as thebroken oars and blood stains on her sides and stench of death and human misery that only from a Ship that relied on Slaves for its succeses.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">"It will be a real pleasure burning you and crew alive." Sathormir grinned wolfishly.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">His lip curled in a hungry snarl. "Corsair Scum!"He spat andmoved to spotin the Railing where he couldn'tbe seen by the enemy but where he could keep in touch with the Captain and he drew his powerful back in one smooth silent motion.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">And he was glad he had for as they got closer he heard the Umbarian Captain threatening them and his gray eyes narrowed to hate-filled slits as the Umbarian scum produced one of the Sons of Gondor and one of the Corsairswas holding aknife to the man's throat.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">"Milord Captain," he whispered calmy but urgently toRavo, "The Swan Knights and those of my household are trained with the Bow as well as the Lance and we train for situations where the enemyhas taken a brother Hostage."
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">He carefully sighted on the Knife-wielding Corsair and braced himself to the wind and the roll of the Ships wouldn't affect his aim.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">"Milord Captain," he continued, "I can kill holding the knife to our brother Gondorian's throat and if you let do it now I can also take down their Captain and anyone else who looks important.
<DIV =WebWizRTE leftmargin="1" topmargin="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1">"When I shoot the man with the Knife the other Knights and Soldiers must move without any delay to take that and rescue the Gondorian. But if I do this, it must be done now."

Laielinwen
12/Mar/2011, 07:25 PM
They were at an impasse after the initial
onslaught of the boarding party of marines and Swan Knights clashed with the
pirates. The battle was quickly fought and quickly paused as the Pirate Captain
issued his ultimatum and then Rávo attempted to issue ultimatum of his own. The
standoff was tense, as the floundering vessel that both Gondorians and Haradrim
and Corsairs were on continued to slowly sink, taking on water from the
breached hole in its lower mid section, below-decks. It was then that Rávo realized
he did not recognize the captive! This officer was clearly a captive and
hostage taken from a Gondorian vessel out to sea where no doubt the White Fleet
had battled with Corsair ships from distant Umbar.

Habir Al'Kabai bellowed over the rising winds to Rávo as Kalak Mi'Jabiri
continued to restrain the Officer in his tight grip, under the threat of the
serrated knife in his mighty hand.

“Parley! Parley, Captain of Gondor!" Declared Al'Kabai as all looked on. “I
have this Officer taken from the Ambassador, a mighty vessel of Dol Amroth's
Cove of White Ships. Our vessel sinks as we speak and it is clear to me and my
crew that we cannot fathom to battle yours, lest we all die. Yet also it is
clear we cannot surrender and suffer the same fate. So these are my terms: you
will accommodate my crew and we will surrender our weapons to the man, save my
first mate and me. You will take us to harbor and afford us a coastal ship that
we might return from these shores and never plunder nor assail Gondorian ships
again. Once we are aboard our own vessel, this Officer Alcinavor shall be
turned over to you. Then we part company and you shall pursue us not! Do we
have an accord, Captain? I implore you think fast, for these timbers are soon
to be taken by the Great Sea!" Wide eyed, the Corsair Captain awaited the
word of Rávo ...</font></span>

</font></span>

Edited by: Laielinwen

Hallas C. Pehwarin
15/Mar/2011, 04:40 AM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> was about to give the signal to his crew still onboard the Swan, Sir Radest, and Sir </span>Sathormir. The latter knight had wished to deal with their enemies especially the pirate Captain called Habir Al'Kabai.</span></font>The swarthy pirate lord spoke his voice loud enough to be heard over the winds, “Parley! Parley, Captain of Gondor!" </font></span>I
have this Officer taken from the Ambassador, a mighty vessel of Dol Amroth's
Cove of White Ships. Our vessel sinks as we speak and it is clear to me and my
crew that we cannot fathom to battle yours, lest we all die. Yet also it is
clear we cannot surrender and suffer the same fate. So these are my terms: you
turned over to you. Then we part company and you shall pursue us not! Do we
have an accord, Captain? I implore you think fast, for these timbers are soon
to be taken by the Great Sea!"</font></span>

The young sea captain's keen grey eyes now narrowed at the pirate lord and his XO whom still held captive the fellow gondorian officer. Rávo </span>quickly</span> turned his tanned and fair face to his knights and spoke in low tone, " Be on guard my Swan Knights for this decision I'm about to make will rest squarely on my shoulders alone and you will obey it understood?" This next moment would probably be looked upon by his crew and those under his command as weak showing that he was bending under pressure. But he wanted try his own attempt at gaining an unexpected ally who possibly knew things in Umbar... With that being said the Master of the Crimson Swan again addressed those still onboard the stricken Umbarian vessel his baritone voice loud and filled with the full authority vested upon him by his lord, the Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth, " Pirate Captain Habir Al'Kabai I hereby agree to your stated terms and accommodate your crew. " " Since we will already be headed for the nearest port if </span></font>Ulmo Lord of the Waters will allow all of us a safe passage." </span></font>

Rávo</span> once again turned his shaggy black haired head to allow his keen grey eyes to look upon his crew and his two main Swan Knights </span>Sir Radest, and Sir </span>Sathormir. He spoke again in a low tone, " Gentlemen I want our contingent of Swan Knights stationed at key areas throughout the Swan, due to the fact I pray that we might actually be able to get an Umbarian to turn his back on the dark lord, and to act as a spy for our Lord Imrahil and the people of Gondor." The young Captain now again raised his fair and tanned face skyward and silently prayed to the Valar to allow him to succeed in his mission for his lord and to maybe turn these Umbarians against Sauron.... It was a hopeful long shot and he, Rávo</span> was willing to offer some of his some families wealth that he had with him to become a hidden vassal for the kingdom of Gondor</span>.....

OOC: To all of those who are participating in Crimson Swan Naval RPG... Please feel free to PM me about this decision, since it will most likely bring problems for us as we continue on to Dor Ethuil!</font> smileys/smiley19.gif </span></font>

Angelikus Snape
11/Apr/2011, 04:27 PM

</span>"What is the world coming to?" Radest thought to himself as he listened to Captain Ravo and allowed accommodation of the pirate captain. He was never really trusting and would have wanted to let these pirates sink to their watery graves than to save them for he hated these pirates above all else. Maybe it was embedded in his nature not to be trusting when he became a swan knight. Nonetheless, the Captain of the Crimson Swan had the last decision and that he had to obey it. When he was told to stand on guard, he placed his hand at the hilt of his longsword, ready to draw it if things drew ill.

Captain then ordered Radest and his fellow knight Sarthomir to be station the knights at the important parts of the Swan. However, he was not in agreement of the reason of the Captain with regard to his perception of the Umbarian and would want to make sure that his concern would be able to reach the Captain of this ship before something happens that they might regret. "Captain!" he started to speak, "I would like to express my concerns about the Umbarians on this ship. These are just inquiries and not insubordination Captain and I hope that you see reason in my words. Pirates are not to be trusted by nature, especially Umbarians because we do not know how deep the influence the Dark Lord has on these pirates and in Umbar in general. Besides, how do we know that this is not a set-up for them to control this ship and the sinking ship was a ploy to ask them to come on board our own ship? I don't know about you Captain Ravo, but I do not trust these pirates one bit and I think that it would take more than accommodations to turn these pirates into spies for the Lord Imrahil." Radest hopes that the Captain sees reason and not put him in the brig for he was just taking caution for having pirates on the ship could be a very shady and very dangerous business...
</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
13/Apr/2011, 03:31 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> now heard the voice of Sir Radest who was the senior of the two knights the other being </span>Sir </span>Sathormir. The noble knight now voiced his concerns about his most recent decision, "Captain!" </span>"I would like to
express my concerns about the Umbarians on this ship. These are just
inquiries and not insubordination Captain and I hope that you see reason
in my words. Pirates are not to be trusted by nature, especially
Umbarians because we do not know how deep the influence the Dark Lord
has on these pirates and in Umbar in general. Besides, how do we know
that this is not a set-up for them to control this ship and the sinking
ship was a ploy to ask them to come on board our own ship? I don't know
about you Captain Ravo, but I do not trust these pirates one bit
and I think that it would take more than accommodations to turn these
pirates into spies for the Lord Imrahil."

The young Captain and master of the Crimson Swan nodded his shaggy black haired head in appreciation the words of advice being spoken by a key member of his crew. His deep and keen grey eyes now fixed upon his knight while flicking back to the pirate captain </span>Habir Al'Kabai every few minutes. The young </span></font>dúnedain's</span> baritone voice was cool and very low to allow his own words be heard by the contingent of Swan Knights now slowly coming back aboard and taking up stations at critical areas throughout the newest vessel in the Swan Fleet. " Sir </span>Radest I applaud you well for your words and that is why I will be watching these pirates closely and monitoring their every move while they are aboard the Swan."

" Also I do not trust them either, but still would you rather I have given the order to engage our enemies aboard that now foundering vessel...." " That would have most likely resulted in your death and the lives of our brave crew just to rescue the pirates log book and one of our kin whom had been captured earlier?" " Risk is indeed a hazard for all who travel upon the Great Sea and I must weigh the consequences with my duty to complete our mission to collect our cargo from </span>the port of Dor Ethuil in Anfalas and see it safely returned to to our Lord and Prince Imrahil." He now waited for the Swan's knights response to his own words of council and the course of action he had chosen to embark upon.... Which was always filled with risk but the slim fragile hope to maybe turn a few of the pirates back to a more amicable and less stressful relationship with Gondor.... He thought, " Ah the burdens of command now it weighed down upon his mind and shoulders like an anchor ready to crush him at the slightest provocation, or misguided action."

OOC:Morning Laie ready for the next intriguing prompt of your thrilling sea tale!</font>smileys/smiley2.gif
</span>

Pele Alarion
15/Apr/2011, 08:19 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy

It looked like his services in saving the log book of the pirate ship would not be needed, Aidan thought, his bold glare turning into one of disappointment. Obviously he would be sent back to the kitchen or some such place to slave away again. He sighed softly and tried to pay more attention to the parley that was still going on.

To his complete unbelief the Captain had decided to agree to the pirates' terms. Did that mean that he would have to serve those now too? And perhaps suffer the kicks and punches from them? He had heard stories enough to know that the Corsairs were merciless and rude, and evil.

Aidan considered getting out of here without a leave just to put distance between himself and those people whom he considered worse than dogs. However, the conscience reminded him that he had been given orders, so he thought it best to stay, until it was clear beyond doubt that he would not be needed and could disappear somewhere to get some more sleep, unless he was put to work immediately.

Angelikus Snape
01/May/2011, 09:30 PM

Radest </span>had given thought to the question that was presented by the Captain about engaging the enemy. After he had thought long and hard at the dilemma, he answered quite respectfully, "Captain, not to be rude, but I would have rather preferred you to command us to engage our enemy. Then, I would have asked those on top of the masts to release arrows to confuse these pirates and have the officer run towards our own ship and we could pull him up from there. But since it is your will to let them aboard our own ship, I respect your decision and will do my best to defend it while they're on board. I just hope that you are certain of what it is you are doing..." Radest then left the conversation at that and then proceeded to instruct the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth.

Once the pirates were gone and left the Dol Amrothians alone on the quarter deck of the ship, it was time to address how they would go about in making sure that the Crimson Swan is going to be safe while the pirates were aboard. "Swan Knights!" he said calling their attention. "I need one archer on each mast of the ship, two soldiers on patrol moving around the ship, one guard on the Captain's cabin, two guards on the steering wheel of this ship and two guards on the armory where we keep their weapons. We must be very wary and very cautious for we have hostiles on this ship. Engage the enemy if they break any of the rules that were agreed upon by both parties or if they become hostile towards us but use discretion. I'm going on first patrol of the ship and Sir Sarthomir you can go on the second patrol. We will be rotating between three patrols in order to make sure that everybody gets adequate rest." he then turned to one of the soldiers that would be moving around the ship with him and said, "Let's start from opposite ends. I'll start from the hull of the ship moving towards the deck while you start from the deck moving towards the hull of the ship." then they parted ways as Radest proceeded to the hull of the ship to begin his patrol.
</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
10/Jun/2011, 10:10 PM
Quarter

</span>Rávo</span> again listened to his leader of Swans Knights Sir Radest speak regarding the decision the young master of the Swan taken," Captain, not to be
rude, but I would have rather preferred you to command us to engage our
enemy. Then, I would have asked those on top of the masts to release
arrows to confuse these pirates and have the officer run towards our own
ship and we could pull him up from there. But since it is your will to
let them aboard our own ship, I respect your decision and will do my
best to defend it while they're on board. I just hope that you are
certain of what it is you are doing..." The 31-year old d</span>únedain now inhaled a deep breath of air which tasted of salt and nodded his head solemnly. He finally spoke his deep baritone voice filled with respect for the contingent of Swan Knights and sailors whom had chosen to serve with him on this voyage, " Thank Sir Radest</span></span> your words will be added into the ship's log this evening after dinner." " Please pass word onto the other officers that it will begin at four bells(6:00pm) in the Evening Watch." " Dress may either standard uniform or formal</span>." Rávo</span> nodded his shaggy black haired head and made his way across the quarterdeck toward his stateroom.

</span>Quarterdeck, wardroom, officer and captain's quarters

The master of the Crimson Swan approached and saw the two sentries who both snapped to and</span> who stood on guard to the set of wooden stained glass doors leading into the upper part of the stern of the great vessel.</span> </span>Both of the Swan Knights</span> immediately raised their hands to their caps and saluted him. </span>Rávo</span></span> returned the gesture raising his own0 right hand, fingers together, palm flat, and touched the skin just above the side of his right eyebrow briefly and a moment later returned to his side. </span>Rávo</span> entered the enclosed space securing the doors behind him and decided to head for his cabin moving down the short wood paneled corridor passe the empty wardroom and arrived before the carved wooden doors that led into his cabin. The young Captain paused for a moment before opening them to stare into the confines of his personal quarters. "Empty." "Good now its time for to get down to making that log entry."

The young captain gazed around with keen grey eyes at what was in his personal quarters; </span>a large table placed in the center used for the laying out of maps, to
the right side was his small wooden desk containing his spare papers,
logbook, ink bottles and quills. His bunk was hidden by some soft cotton
curtains made by his wife with floral pattern, to the left was his
small bookshelf containing a few good books worth reading and a few
historical books detailing the lore and history of Gondor and its long
gone sister realm of Arnor, his personal closet filled with spare
clothing underwear, socks, boots, and a few formal uniforms, his
lavatory and washing area located on the starboard side behind his bunk, and dominating the rear of the cabin was a set
of cushions to act as a couch, above them were series of rectangular
windows stretching the width of the room. Also stored when battle
arose were two small ballista folded down placed in small rope racks
nestled in the two corners of his quarters behind the rear wall of the tiny lavatory/wash area and desk.

These ballista were able to fired through the windows once the
glass was removed and stored in special soft leather canvas bags to
prevent damage or loss of glass since it was the only thing that kept
the weather out of his home away from home.

Rávo</span> now took his customary seat at his desk and from the bottom of the right hand drawer concealed in a false bottom lay the logbook of his ship. Engraved onto the black leather bound cover in silver enamel were several words including: Ship's Log, Of his Highness's Naval Vessel Crimson</span> Swan, underneath the name of the ship were two final words Commanding Officer. A feeling of dread seemed to take hold of Rávo</span> as he opened the many paged and empty volume. "Now comes the accounting of this ship's voyage lead by me </span>Rávo</span>, son of Lord M</span>anveru(Michael) who is a lord among the Rohirrim instead of the southern d</span>únedain</span>, but could be since I have chosen to be one of the remaining faithful of ancient Númenor." So the young captain got his quill, opened the top to the ink bottle and dipped the edge of the quill and began to write his first entry.

Ship's log: June 10, 3014, Captain </span>Rávo</span> commanding.

Today has been quite an adventure for both myself and the crew of the Crimson Swan. We encountered a single Corsair </span>vessel near the coast of our kingdom of Gondor. The vessel had apparently been dashed against the rocks due to a storm that had occurred the night before, and was slowly foundering. I gave the orders to heave in close to render assistance. The reasons I choose the course of action my lord are thus: 1: Investigate how such vessel managed to get this far up our boarders and pass our fleet. 2: To gather intelligence via the ship's log. 3: All life even that of our ancient enemies must be respected while out on the High Sea or Ocean. 4:

As preparations were complete my team was ready to board said vessel. A sense of uneasiness had prevailed over the winds and a moment later I and my crew were face to face with a dozen Corsair pirates! Their Captain who called himself </span>Habir Al'Kabai </span></font>produced a single prisoner; One of our own a Dol Amrothian who was taken from one our ships of the line; the Ambassdor; which was attached to the squadron called the Cove of White Ships. The pirate carved parley. So I listened to his words and terms which were thus these; </span> "you
turned over to you. Then we part company and you shall pursue us not!</font></span>

I still wished to allow my crew to engage them. But I decided on another course of action in order to preserve the lives of the hostage Alcinavor and my crew. That being which I accepted his terms. Once onboard his meager crew surrendered their arms and were taken below under heavy guard. I sense a possibly opportunity here my lord to possibly allow us to gain a spy or at the very least an informant whom might be willing to pass us word of the movements of those still hostile to Gondor. I will later tonight at a dinner I'm hosting on board the Swan I will present to Captain Habir with a small quantity of Gold and Silver from my family's wealth that I have with me. It is my intention to solidify this arrangement and hope to turn at least one band of Corsairs to our side. We're still on course for the </span>port and fortress of Dor Ethuil in Anfalas. Where Eru willing we will pick up our secret cargo and then sail back to Dol Amroth.

With Respect and Honor to you Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth and hereditary lord of Belfalas,

</span>Rávo, Commanding Officer Crimson Swan

</span>Once he had finished the writing down the final words about the account in his log did the young Master of the Swan let out a heavy sigh. His grey eyes were downcast as </span>Rávo </span>looked out through the sealed windows of his great cabin. Now he'd committed himself to this endeavor.... He silently prayed that it would succeed.... since these actions could be construed as appeasement to their ancient enemies at the very worse treason and death by whatever decision his lord Imrahil decided to make once and if they made it back to the harbor and home of Dol Amroth.

OOC: Laie any chance soon of an update? For some entertaining reading enjoy my log entry....smileys/smiley11.gif</font>smileys/smiley19.gif
</span> </span>

Laielinwen
11/Jun/2011, 12:36 AM
They had surrendered their weapons with all the
delight of a man facing his last meal to find it consisted of rotten eggs and
crusted loaves. Their captain had been most forceful and of course under their
conditions they retained their prisoner for now. It was an odd sight, all the
Corsairs under armed guard of the Swan Knights and marines, while in the center
of the pirate company this big man named Mi'Jabiri held the captured Gondorian
under threat of his knife, and Captain Habir sneered at all and sundry.

The stricken vessel bobbed up and down with the motion of the waters, and come
that evening was lost to sight, either submerged forever or dashed on the rocks
of the headland stacks of Gondor. Its secrets lost to the deeps.

Below decks, the pirates took not well to the stout-hearted treatment of the
disdainful crew of the Crimson Swan and thanked not their Captain for their
part in this, some preferring death and drowning to surrender. The sole
exception was big Kalak, who held Alcinavor and would remain on vigil until
they reached port and the conditions of parley agreed upon were met.

"Do you trust this Rávo?" Kalak had asked fiercely, determining that
Habir had lost his mind. </span>As for Al'Kabai
he knew what he was doing, a seasoned veteran of the Great Seas for long and
long.

“Of course! Question me not, dog!" He had spat. "These Gondorian
Officers know little of the face of war, and they hold dear to their hearts
their honor. We've this Rávo's word and this Rávo's word is set in stone. You
think they call it Gondor because there are mountains? They call it so, because
the men are made of stone and their word is set in it. He would rather die on
his own sword than break his word of oath and the pact we have made. We have
been fortunate."

" Fortunate indeed, if this Rávo is so naive. It is amazing their foolish
land has remained their own this long if it is thus!" Kalak mocked.

Habir rounded on the many men in the hold and eyed the Gondorian overseers,
before speaking in Adunaic to the pirates.

"Give no quarter if they press! Remember you are pirates and not to be
trifled with! Here." He handed his own knife to one of his men." We
get to keep our weapons under these conditions, Kalak and myself, so why should
I not allow another wield my knife. Take it in turns to keep this Alcinavor
under the knife. No lapses in concentration, else our 'hard fought' terms may
be rendered meaningless!" He snapped.

Kalak bristled.

"You have no faith then in your own words, about this Rávo and his honor!"
He glowered, angrily.

"I have every faith in Rávo!" hissed Habir. "It is his crew that
I trust not! Gondorian Officers are proud, haughty, and predictable. Their men
are less so, but they should adhere to the conditions met. Fear of reprimand in
the face of insubordination should keep them in check, even if loyalty and
admiration for their Captain does not." The pirate reasoned. "Now
keep him away from the Gondorians, his life is our bond here. As long as we
have him, we will get what we want."

"As for 'never assailing another Gondorian vessel?” sneered Kalak.

"Would you rather I let us drown? Or have a sword through your guts?"
Habir broke off. "I must talk with this Rávo, for he has summoned for me. I
might get a fine meal out of it! You should hold your damn tongue, Kalak, lest
you get that sword through your guts when we are on our ship heading
home." Habir stalked off, moodily... ready now to dine.</span>
</font>

</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
19/Jul/2011, 04:19 PM
Quarterdeck, wardroom, officer and captain's quarters

</span>Rávo</span> continued to stare out into the dark foreboding landscape of the endless Great Sea. The young Captain continued to feel his ship sway around him as it plied its way through the raising waves. Thankfully no storm as of yet chose appear and cause any trouble. </span>Rávo</span> now moved back toward his bedding and its closet filled with his few articles of clothing; mostly at sea-impromptu uniforms of cotton shirts, slacks, with leather vests and knee high leather boots. He did have however have two formal uniforms; one being the styled in the fashion of Minas Tirith the other in fashion of Dol Amroth and both had been made for him by his caring wife </span>Ríne, (Stephana).

One was had a cotton long-sleeved black shirt, soft short sleeve leather tunic and matching black sleeveless tabard, black cotton leggings, and tall knee high leather boots.On its front was done the symbols used by Gondor's nobility in Minas Tirith; Being the White Tree of Gondor in full flower, above it rested a tiny representation of a White Swan Ship and on either side were a pair of swan's wings outstretched in full flight. The Dol Amroth version was done in rich colors; being light blue cotton long-sleeved shirt, a short sleeved blue suede leather tunic, a pair of grey leggings and tall knee high brown leather boots. Over this rested another tabard whose color was also rich deep blue and on its front was adorned the sigil of the White Ship with its main sail unfurled, and upon either side rested </span>were a pair of swan's wings outstretched in full flight. </span>Rávo</span> choose to wear the second uniform as his attire for the evening dinner that would be held in the wardroom for his officers and guests.

The young southern d</span>únedain walked back to his small mirror that was attached to the right hand side of his large quarters. His shoulder length black hair was mussed for constantly wearing his black tri-cornered hat trimmed in silver and gold to reflect his status as Commanding Officer of the Crimson Swan. So </span>Rávo </span>then picked up his brush laying on his small dresser and brushed his dark hair until it drapped properly behind his neck and the top of his shoulders. Nodding to himself the young captain thought, "There now I look the part of a true Captain in Dol Amroth's Naval's Forces." </span>Rávo</span> headed for the doors of his great cabin and opened them stepping out into the lit wooden paneled interior corridor of his vessel.

He then headed for the wardroom finally entering the said area with a graceful tact and poise. His grey eyes scanned the empty room seeing that it was still lit by candles held in silver or pinch-back(a color like silver) holders. A pair were set into the middle of the</span> large wooden table placed in the center of the room with several somewhat comfortable chairs around it. The table was already adorned with white table cloth, silverware, dishes, and napkins. It had yet been laden with prepared food which for the evening consisted of Beef Wellington, with assorted vegetables, and for dessert; buttered scones with an assortment of preserved jams flavors being; raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, apple, and cherry. </span>Rávo</span> took his place at the head of the table. A moment later one of his stewards; a wiry looking man with blue eyes called </span>Ando(Noah) came in taking off his cap at the same time before speaking, "Sir I apologize dinner will be arriving for you, the officers, and the guests in twenty minutes." "The crew seems to be not taking to our Corsair contingent too well."

</span>Rávo</span> thought, "Great I now pray that none of the crew does anything foolish or stupid</span> to jeopardize the trust I'm trying to gain with Captain </span>Habir." The young 31-year old Captain blinked his grey eyes a few times a small frown tugging at the corners of his pale pink lips. Finally </span>Rávo</span> exhaled spoke his deep baritone voice rumbling with distinct warning, "Ando thank you for the warning about the crew. Please inform Captain Habir and the Lady </span></span>Lothuial</font></font> that they are invited to dine with me and the officers of the Crimson Swan this evening." " A moment of shock crossed the Steward's tanned face as he finally spoke his own voice, " Aye Sir I pass on your invitation to the Lady and the Corsair Captain." Ando then saluted his superior and quickly left the room heading for the quarters of the lady to inform her of </font></font></span>Rávo</span></span>'s invite then to the main hold of the ship where the Corsair crew was kept under watch by the Swan Knights and marines.....
</font></font></span>

Angelikus Snape
27/Jul/2011, 05:08 PM
Deck of the Crimson Swan; prior to dinner with Captain Radest and Captain Habir

</span>His shift ended, Radest was now looking forward to the good food prepared by the ship's cook. However, he was uneasy as Captain Habir was to dine with them this evening. Before he ended his shift, Ando came running to him first and told him that the crew was not taking to the Corsair contingent too well. "Thank you for telling me this news Ando. Please tell the Captain of this situation and I will speak to those that I command." After his shift, he called a meeting for all of the swan knights and marines that were with them. In the said meeting, he forcefully stated, in front of the corsairs. "You all know the agreement and I want you to stick to it. However, I give you all leeway to take the necessary measures if any of these pirates break the treaty. I give you leeway ONLY if they break the treaty. Anyone of you with unjust cause to break the treaty will be answerable to me, Captain Ravo and Lord Imrahil. Is that understood?" with a resounding 'yes sir!' from the crew under his command, the marines and swan knights involved for the second shift took their respective places and Radest went to his quarter's to get ready for dinner.

Radest's Quarters

Finally, he was now going to have one of those fancy dinners. He always wanted to have one within a ship but never had to until now. Still, he was still uneasy with the whole arrangement between Captain Radest and Captain Habir. Radest can always be seen on the side of caution. Maybe this was the reason why Prince Imrahil sent him on this voyage? to balance out Captain Ravo's trusting nature. He had decided not to let his guard down even for one second while this ship still carries corsair pirates. He took is light blue leather tunic that matched his eyes and changed his boots from the ordinary black to his more formal white boots that matched the design of his tunic which had the symbol of a white swan emblazoned on it. He also combed and fixed his long black hair into a half-pony so that his hair would be neat and tidy, or as neat and tidy as he could make it. He was also thinking about bringing weapons into the wardroom. But then again, bringing weapons into the wardroom might add more fuel to the uneasy fire that is already brewing between the two forces, which is not Captain Ravo's intention. Still, he should not be unarmed in case some 'unfortunate' event happens. The weapon had to be concealed and not easily seen on his body. He decided to get a pair of daggers, with their sheaths intact and concealed each dagger onto one of his boots. He then proceeded to the wardroom where this meeting/dinner would take place.

Wardroom

Radest entered the wardroom to find the Captain already there. He gave a quick salute to the Captain before taking his place at the table. Since he also knew of Ando's reports, he informed the Captain quickly of the measures he had taken on his part in order to ensure that the treaty would remain upheld. "Captain," he began to say. "I have reminded the Swan Knights and the Marines to stick to the agreement and anyone who breaks it on our end without unjust cause shall be answerable to me, you and Lord Imrahil, as for the other staff, since I have no command over them, it would be best that you speak with them." he then said, hoping it would be enough to appease the Captain for what is about to transpire tonight. He then waited patiently for Captain Habir and Lady Lothuial to arrive.
</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
27/Jul/2011, 05:36 PM
Quarterdeck, Wardroom

</span>Rávo</span> heard the main door of the wardroom opened and so the young captain turned his fair face to greet whoever had arrived since it was still early. The young 31-year old southern </span>d</span>únedain grey eyes brightened a bit upon seeing that it was the head of the detachment of Swan Knights Sir Radest. Who was also wearing a fine formal uniform. The proud Swan Knight then spoke his voice carrying a tone of civility and command, </span>"Captain," " </span>I have reminded the
Swan Knights and the Marines to stick to the agreement and anyone who
breaks it on our end without unjust cause shall be answerable to me, you
and Lord Imrahil, as for the other staff, since I have no command over
them, it would be best that you speak with them." </span>Rávo</span>'s fair face now hardened a bit tinged slightly with concern, while his beating heart began to pound with a slow current of unbridled anger.....

The young Captain then took a few deep breaths in order to calm himself and his raging thoughts that swirled about in his mind. Finally after what seemed like a eternity did </span>Rávo</span> speak. His baritone voice was calm yet tinged with concern, "Thank you </span>Sir Radest for your curt reminder to your fellow Swan Knights the Marines." "Any action that is undertaken by any of the crew will indeed by answerable by myself, you and our beloved Prince Lord Imrahil." " Now time for me to go see the crew and messing staff about the agreement that I've brokered with Captain </span>Habir</span>." "I'll be back shortly the cook and his contingent of staff should be bringing up dinner here in another 15 minutes." With that being said </span></span>Rávo</span> gave a nod of his curly black haired head and then headed for the door of the wardroom opening it stepping outside into the lit wooden paneled corridor and proceeded toward the quarterdeck then down into the bowls of his ship heading for the crew's quarters...... Time for him to explain to all of them the reasons behind his chosen course of action with the Corsair Captain and the reminder of his motley crew.....
</span>

Pele Alarion
28/Jul/2011, 09:42 PM
Aidan, the cabin boy
Kitchen

As much as he liked to roam the ship and escape his duties, Aidan did not feel comfortable with the Corsairs around. He already had one quite scary experience which had taught him the lesson to keep his distance. He was nearly thrown into the sea, when he happened to be inattentive and in the way of one of them. So it was that now he rather chose to slave away in the kitchen, peeling what seemed to be tons of potatoes.

Even the cook was surprised at such a change in Aidan's habits and cast a worried glance at him once in a while, thinking the lad might have fallen ill somehow. No amount of scoldings could get him to do his duties properly, but now he had even asked for extra.

"I... don't like our new guests," the youngster finally confessed to the cook, when he was near enough for a whisper. "Just fearing for my life, you know... No, it's... nothing serious. I'll manage. No need to tell the Captain," he hastened to add, seeing the raised eyebrow and determination in the cook's eyes.

"Well then, finish those potatoes and get ready to help me with garnishing the dishes for the dinner. They must look all proper and nice," he was instructed. So with a sigh of resignation, Aidan got back to those potatoes, some ten left in the bucket. Getting tired of the boring task he began to cut away thick peels, taking off some of the good part of the vegetables.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
19/Aug/2011, 03:06 PM
Below Decks, Crew's Mess

Rávo</span> had passed quickly across the main deck of his proud ship the Crimson Swan</span> heading below to explain to his crew the reasons and give an explanation behind his most recent decision regarding the Corsair Captain and the reminder of his motley crew. The</span> young sea Captain was mindful not to get himself overly dirty as he continued to head to the Crew's Mess which was large enough to accommodate the balk of his ship's company. He soon entered the vast space located in the middle of his ship. Everyone immediately rose from the seats removed their caps and gave him a salute. Rávo</span> returned and took in a deep breath filling his lungs with the humid air that smelled of slightly unwashed bodies, livestock, and other odors.

The 31-year old southern </span></span>d</span>únedain finally spoke his baritone voice loud and commanding, " All right lads I know some of you have voiced your distaste for a recent decision of mine." " I don't begrudge you that right." "My decision and reasons are these... To hopefully turn this Corsair Captain against Sauron to turn him into a spy for our proud Prince Imrahil and for our kingdom Gondor." " I will offer up some of my families gold to see if that will entice him into accepting my lofty proposal." </span>Rávo</span> turned his shaggy black haired head from side to side castings his keen grey eyes around to see the expressions of his men. Some were down right shocked, others showed a mixture of fear and anger... the remaining were looks of worry at what might occur soon in the Wardroom.... </span></span>Rávo</span> spoke again, "Men any of you who wish to speak may do so now, and I'll not hold it against you." The young Captain now braced himself for the onslaught of accusations whether he was breaking his oath of loyalty and service to his Prince and the realm of Gondor by making this fateful decision...... The Die was cast and he was up to handling the growing situation however it needed to be accomplished...........
</span>