PDA

View Full Version : 13-card Burned Dwarf Pub

Drifa
05/Dec/2010, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the Lonely Mountain's Yuletide Pub. The theme of this pub is based on a dwarven Yuletide tradition passed down over the years by the dwarves and invented by one Grór The Flatulent. The dwarves have never shared this tradition until now. So it is with great honor that I present to you, The Magical Fruit featuring Grór's Baked Beans.

Many many years ago, Grór The Flatulent, who was quite fond of food which cause him to be quite fat and full of gas, acquired a special technique for cooking beans to perfection. Using sand created from special minerals and gems, the beans were placed in kettles which were then placed over coals that had been lit deep in the sand. The coals were special as well and only the dwarves knew how to mine them according to Grór's instructions. The heat from these magical coals gave the beans a magical sound, color and aroma . For the beans baked slowly in the kettles deep in the sand and like a good aged ale, the longer they baked, the better they tasted and the more potent they became.

It is told that when the dwarves first consumed the Magical Fruit, the potency of the beans cause the dwarves to release gas. Some made a poot poot sound. These gases were red and the aroma caused the beards of the dwarves to curl in a most pleasant way, making them feel quite jolly. And some made a toot toot sound. These gases were green and the aroma of this gas caused the dwarves to turn a shade of green making them bow over several times sweeping their hoods in front of them in an attempt to dissipate the smell which, some dwarves claim, is where the tradition of bowing low in dwarven-fashion originated from. The gas appeared as though it were floating above the dwarves heads. Hence it became a Yuletide tradition with the red and green gassy colors fitting in with the season. And if one where to look towards the Lonely Mountain on a certain Yuletide night, one might see the red and green gas hovering over the mountain.
http://file.walagata.com/w/kimli/The_magical_fruit.jpg
</font>The Musical Fruit</font>

A Pub</font>

In Honor of Grór The Flatulent</font>

Now having never shared this Musical Fruit with others, the dwarves have no idea how they will effect other races. But they have been having such a - gas - enjoying their baked beans and ale, they decided it was high time to share it regardless of the out-come.

</font>Possible Non dwarven Gases:</font>
Yellow Gases </font>- makes a flut flut sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to smile quite brightly.</font>

Red Gases</font> - makes a ta ta ta ta sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to become quite war like.</font>

Blue Gases</font> - makes a bleet bleet sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to became momentarily sad.</font>

Purple Gases</font> - makes a pff pff sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to act in a grandiloquent and boastful manner.</font>

Black Gases</font> - makes a muhaaaaa fttt sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to act evil.</font>

White Gases</font> - makes a purrrffett purrffett sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to have a cherubic nature. </font>

Re</font>d </font>an</font>d G</font>re</font>en</font> Gases Combined - makes a fa la la la la la sound and the aroma of this gas causes one to sing merrily.</font>

So come on in. The large blacken kettles stand steaming. The beans are ready to be served and a special brew that has been stored in a deep cavern below the mountain, is now cold and frosty and ready to be drawn from the barrels. There is also some other side-fare and drinks.
Enjoy!</font>

Side- fare</font>
Yuletide Coleslaw (red and green cabbage)
Clotted Cream and Corn Cobber
Orcrist Asparagus Spears
Beorn's Brussels sprout Soup
Green and Fair Salad
Rolled Lentil Lumps</font>

Drinks</font>
Drowsy Wood-elf Wine
The Not So Mild Thorin (Prune Tea)
Short Cup Expresso</font>

Yuletide Candy And Treats From The Candy Mine (for those with a sweet tooth)</font>
Wizzy Smarties - color types (blue, white, grey and brown)
Gummi Horses- shape types (Shadowfax, Arod, Felaróf, Windfola)
Elven Laffy Taffy - types (assorted foo foo elves of the valley)
Durin Rock Candy - type (Arkenstone's)
MT Mints - types (lords and lady's )
Halfling Jelly Beans - types (Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, and Grubbs, and Chubbs, and Burrowses, and Hornblowers, and Bolgers, Bracegirdles, Goodbodies, Brockhouses and Proudfoots)
Ent Candy Canes - types (beechbone's, skinbark's, wandlimb's)
Mordor Licorice - types (black, black, black)
Valinor Nuts - types ( assorted)</font>

All are welcome!

Please keep the claptrap plaza friendly folks! Thanks!</font>

</font>

The tables were gone and so were the chairs. A stack of legs and wood
planks, that had been the table tops and chair seats, stood by the
hearth ready to be burned. It had gotten colder while Drifa had been
chopping. She hadn't taken the time to actual put the wood that she had
been chopping, in the fire. The beans in the black kettles were now
gelled together in white grease, no longer edible. The other food had
been slowly pecked at and eaten by some crows who had flown in from a
high window some where. The room really had taken on a dingy look.
All the Yuletide glow that had given the room a cheery atmosphere, was
gone.
Drifa drew a mug of ale. She hadn't even taken the time to
drink. She sat on the barrel for a rest. She had worked up a sweat
cutting the wood and her arms were sore. She took a long swallow of the
ale. It tasted good. As she began to cool down, she looked at the
pile of wood near the hearth and contemplated. She could make some new
tables and chairs with that wood if she had a mind to. Aye, if she had a
mind to.

The sun had set twice on the mountain and was now
rising. Drifa stood swaying. She was overly tired and extremely
drunk. She had finished off the barrel of ale and at some point, had
managed to find another barrel and was half way through it. She
couldn't remember where she had gotten the tools but, there was a hammer
and some nails on the floor. The wood that was piled by the hearth was
gone. In the middle of the room stood a collection of rough looking
tables and benches placed about in a hazardous way. The tables and
benches were nailed to the floor.

Looking around, her mood
still at a low, she envisioned a new pub. Aye, a pub with oomph. She
took up a paint bucket, that she had come by in her drunken search for
ale, and accidentally splashed some on the floor. Not what she had
planned to do nonetheless with one unsteady hand and one hand over her
eye, to avoid double vision in her drunken state, she got down on her
knees and wrote in the paint. When she was done, she leaned back on her
heels and then sat down, her back against the wall. Purple paint
dripped off her finger. Her eyes got heavy and soon she was snoring
into her beard. She dreamed of the new pub. She was still drunk in
this pub and everyone else seem to be drunk too....

http://www.walagata.com/w/kimli/rohannas_ruin.jpg (http://file.walagata.com/w/kimli/rohann_ruin.png)

</font>Tucked
away in a corner of the Lonely Mountain between the Kings Kitchens and
the Moom-letters and Silver-pen game room, is a dingy pub, last stop on
the way home for late-night revellers. Naturally by the time said
revellers arrive they have had one too many and proceed to have more too
many.

The ambiance is decidedly dingy and rough, tables and
benches nailed to the floors. Sgt Bliff (a most forgetful dwarf) and his
mates earn pin money here as bouncers. The food is stodgy wholesome
fare best not looked at under bright lights. Although the forged dwarf
bread is recommended as a weapon.
</font>
Drinks
</font>The weakest beverage is Orc Bite.
Rhun Firewater is not recommended for heart patients.
Star’s Flower Cordial is recommended for the brave or brain-dead. You’ll have to ask her what it contains, if she shows up.
Rohanna’s Ruin brings tears to your eyes.

Rules:
</font>- No teetotallers. You’re all drunk.
- No post over 100 words, just about 5-6 lines. Lets not make this pub a giant RP. Just fun.
- Other normal Plaza rules apply
- Anything else goes. However, Bliff is
not a rational Dwarf, he forgets things remember. If he kicks you out,
you don’t return. What things annoy him? That's for you to find out!
Guys beware of the punishment meted out by the legendary Rohanna. I
hear from good sources it has something to do with two bricks and ruins
you for life.</font>

Anno Creation</font>

Come on in! Welcome! This is a continuous pub thread. Please indicate at the top of your post if you are eating beans in The Magical Fruit</font>; get totally bombed in Rohanna's Ruin</font> - or- playing cards in the ...</font>

~~~~~~~

http://www.walagata.com/w/kimli/dwarf_card_game.jpg

On cold winter nights
when the wind howls and the moon tumbles over the mountain tops, the
dwarves - warm inside a mountain pub - sit and reminisce over tall
tankards of ale and other drinks; at times listening to golden harps and
'deep-throated singing' and challenging each other to a game of 13-card
Burned Dwarf...
</font>
</font>Drinks</font></font>
Jack of all Ales</font>
Ace's Lager</font>
Smooth King's Rum</font>
Jokers Wild Tequila</font>
Queens Mild Absinthe</font>
Light Club Soda</font></font>
Strong Spade Coffee</font></font>
Herbal Heart Tea</font></font>
Diamond Latte</font></font>
~~~~~~~~~~

The object of the game is to discard all your cards.

Each player is dealt thirteen cards.

The player with the lowest card (see "ranking cards") begins play and discards an allowable hand. (see "allowable hands").

Play
continues clockwise, each player either passing or discarding an
allowable hand. In each round, players must discard the same number of
cards as the preceding hand. For example, if the first discarded hand
was a pair, only pairs are allowable discards, and no more. If the first
discarded hand is a single, only singles are allowable hands for
discard.

You may pass at any time, you are not forced to discard if you can.

Play
continues until all players have passed. The last person to discard may
now discard any allowable hand. That is, it is at this point that the
restriction against changing the number of cards in the allowable hand
is lifted. This is a key part of the strategy, and a player who was the
last to discard, and all other players having passed, is said to be "In
Control." Play continues until one player discards all cards.

If a
player has only one card left, the player must announce "last card." No
announcement is required if the last cards are a pair or other
multi-card hand.

Ranking cards
* Suits are ranked from lowest to highest thus: diamonds, clubs, hearts, spades
* Pips are ranked from three lowest to 2 highest.

Therefore
the two of spades is the highest card; the three of diamonds is the
lowest. When determining who begins the game, in a four-handed game, the
person with the three of diamonds begins. With three players, if no one
holds the 3 of diamonds, then the player with the three of clubs, or
hearts, or then spades would go first.

Allowable Hands
The following hands may be discarded. The five-card discards are listed in rank order.
* one card
* a pair
* three of a kind

Five Card Hands
* full house
* straight
* flush
* four of a kind and any other card
* straight flush
game concept from
people.ucsc.edu/~rosewood/cards.html</font>
~~~~~~~~~~

</font>So
here is how it is going to work. First 4 (hopefully) to post get to
play. I will deal the cards and send them to you via pm. You may
choose to have a team mate but the game must continue with 4 hands ,
unless of course all 4 players find teammates then we can continue in
normal game mode with the game proceeding faster. If you do find a team
mate, it is up to you to send them the cards.</font>

You do not have to be a dwarf to play. Everyone is welcome.</font>

You must rp no more than 100 words that you are actually in a pub playing cards. No long rp posts, please.</font>

As this is a new game, I am not sure how long it will take to play a round so we shall just wing it for now. </font>

If you have any questions, send me a pm. Thanks and h</font>ave fun!</font>

Edited by: Drifa

Drifa
05/Dec/2010, 07:57 PM
Drifa made her way into the pub stamping snow of her boots. She was ready for an ale after a long day of hauling the special sand to the pit where Grór's Baked Beans where still cooking. Oi there was a couple of kettles ready, but she was sure once the patrons had a taste, especially those elves, the kettles would soon be empty.
Walking up to the bar, she nodded to the dwarf that stood cleaning mugs, his burly arms bare. She knew him well. He was a direct descendant of Grór The Flatulent and was always on hand at these events. His name was Grór The Flatulent The III but everyone called him, Flats.

"Hail Flats! How about drawing me a mug of that frosty ale, aye? Thanks!"

http://file.walagata.com/w/kimli/flats.jpg
Flats The Musical Fruits Bar-keeper

</font>

Beliowen
07/Dec/2010, 06:47 PM
NPC Alfskald - Dwarf of Erebor

</font>The Musical Fruit was a delicacy of Erebor. He'd tasted it when he was very young and the effect wasn't the most enchanting so he always needed a bit of a tipple before he would decide to take the plunge again, so every year come yuletide he'd go to the Pub, and find Flats the barkeeper, and hope that when he was given the musical fruit it wouldn't be a green one. As a result he'd developed the habit of being a party animal, to ensure that once inebriated he would partake of this food which made you a dwarf!

He spotted Drifa sitting on a chair next to Flats and decided to join them. "Well hello dear, how are you today? Come to partake of the yuletide speciality? I'm not going to risk it as yet, got to lose part of me senses first!" Signalling to Flats he ordered a pint of the Drowsy Wood Elf wine "Cheers mate! Let's get some good cheer, and get drowsy like an elf who can't hold his liquor!"
</font>

Belain Silverbeard
07/Dec/2010, 09:22 PM
As a sturdy dwarf passes the gates of the dwarven stronghold, he finds his throat to be rather dry. The long journey from Khazad-Dum has asked a lot of blood, sweat and tears. His energy supply needs to be refilled and there is no better place for a dwarf than a pub to regain his strength. The silver bearded dwarf made his way towards a pub, according to some dwarves on the road who gave him directions. Belain thanked the kind dwarf before proceeding his way. He couldn't but notice the smile on the Ereborian and he wonders why that dwarf had a mischievous smile on his face.

At long last, he arrives at the pub. From the moment he opens the heavy door, he notices two dwarves sitting at the same table. One was a dwarfette (Drifa</font>)</font> he has seen before in the halls of Khazad-Dum, another was a male dwarf (Alfskald</font>)</font></font>. Belain greets them both with a nod and makes his way towards the bar. "Do you have something similar to an Orc Bite?" Belain looks with a smile at the barkeeper, hoping he would be able to help him out. An Orc Bite might only being served in Khazad-Dum..

Drifa
08/Dec/2010, 02:28 AM
As Flats put a mug of ale in front of her, Drifa heard her name and turned to see Alfskald. </font>Grinning she responded to the dwarves greeting.

"I am well Alfskald! How are you? And yes, a couple of pints or more are a definite must before partaking in the Magical Fruit. It makes the event that much more special in my opinion. I prefer the red myself. I kind of like the way it curls my beard. Mahal knows I have tried to curl it that way on my own but I have never managed to create the same effect that the beans create. " Drifa took a sip of her ale and was about to continue speaking when she heard another voice asking about Orc Bite. She turned to see a dwarf she hadn't see in many years. "Well well", she mused; there is a dwarf I have not see in a while. Do you know him Alfskald? Shall we have him join us?"</font></font>

Drifa
08/Dec/2010, 11:48 PM
Smaug yawned lazily. He didn't know why he was helping this dwarf Drifa but, he was. And it wasn't the first time either. Perhaps he had a soft spot for her? A soft spot beside his bare spot? "Hmph!"

"I am Smaug the Mighty! And I declare that if one of you picks the correct candy whilst enjoying the dwarves Magical Fruit, </font></font>your will receive one gold piece. And if you continue to do so (pick the correct candy), you will be rewarded with more gold pieces. I will personally remove small ones from my encrusted undersides. Of course, the dwarf (Drifa) will reimburse me for it once this charade is over.</font></font> What say you? Will you entertain me?</font></font>"</font>

RP's must be no more than four lines long.
Smaug the Mighty will reveal to you the chosen candy every 27 hours.

</font></font>

Hermod
09/Dec/2010, 01:28 AM
Having spent all day outside, in the freezing cold trying to get a particularly recalcitant raven to tell him stories of its travels, Hermod was rather in need of a good beer by a roaring fire with solid rock over his head. Still being a youngster in dwarvern terms he couldn't quite huff and puff as well as some of the others, but that didn't stop him from doing his best. Upon entering the pub he headed straight for the bar and ordered a pint or warm ale and some dwarven rock sweets. He could start on the finer stuff later but for now he just wanted to sit down and relax a bit.

Once his order had arrived he headed over to an unoccupied stool, bowing in the dwarven style to those he passed. The beans looked tempting, maybe he'd try some after his pint.

Drifa
10/Dec/2010, 04:45 PM
Only one brave enough to play? You have a lot of guts dwarf. For your braveness I shall give you an extra gold piece. The chosen candy this round was the Dwarven Rock Candy. Well done, I suppose. But let us see if you can guess the correct one the next time you select a treat.

</font>Hermod 2 gold piece.

</font><b style="">Smaug the Mighty will reveal to you the chosen candy every 27 hours. [/b]</font></font>

Drifa saw Hermod walk by. She was glad to see the dwarf and nodded her head in greeting when he bowed low in passing. They were so few of them left now. It made her wonder about their future. But thoughts like that were better contemplated on at another time. Now was time to party. She ordered another ale. She needed a few more before tasting the beans.

Narv
29/Dec/2010, 07:11 AM
THERE IS A DRAGON IN THIS PUB AND EVERYONE IS PROBABLY DEAD ALREADY BUT IF THEY AREN'T THEN IT'S BEST OVERALL IF I SLAY THIS VILE BEAST AND MARRY SOME WOMEN CONSEQUENTLY,

Narv thought, upon entering the Musical Fruit and seeing an ENORMOUS DRAGON SITTING THERE, MAYBE SMAUG EVEN. It would ve wrong though to say that he thought said thought in words; the thought, such as it was, resided much closer to his bladder and possibly left kidney, at any rate somewhere in the guts, than in his brain or on his tongue. The thing was trying to play some kind of game. Narv didn't play games. Well, he did really, but only on tuesdays and fridays really, and only Triominoes, although he did enjoy a proper game of Jenga from time to time, if the situation called for it, but if ever there was one that didn't, that is, a situation that didn't call for it, it being a proper game of Jenga I mean, THIS WAS NOT IT SO NARV DREW HIS AXE AND ATTACKED THE SICKENING DRAGON CREATURE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRKHKKHKHKZZGHZGGZH HESHRIEKED UNPRONOUNCABLY AND WITH A RIGHTEOUS RAGE ARRRRRRRRGHGHGHGHKKKKZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Drifa
06/Jan/2011, 04:18 PM
And the dragon died under the scholar's axe and so the game ended.

Drifa looked at Narv and said. " Thanks man! You appear to be quite handy with your axe. How are you with a fork? Care for some beans?"

She then stood up and began to sing the Grór's flatulence song that all dwarves knew.
Beans, beans, the magical fruit

The more you eat, the more you toot

The more you toot, the better you feel

So let's have beans at every meal!She then grab herself another mug of ale and head off to get her first plate of Grór's special beans looking behind her once to see if Narv was game.

Drifa
14/Jan/2011, 07:50 PM
Drifa took her axe and began chopping the tables into fire wood. It was
cold outside and the temperature in the Magical Fruit was freezing.
The small amount of beans that she had eaten didn't have enough power in
them to warm the place up, and there was no wood left.
The few
patrons that had entered the pub were either hiding or had become very
very small because, Drifa could not see a soul. Even Flats the barkeep
had disappeared. The beans were cold and had lost their magical effect
(that is what happens to magic beans that don't get eaten). The beer
was flat. It was very quiet in the pub except for the sound of Drifa's
axe. 'Thwack! Thwack!'

She had a mind to chop all the
tables up, pile the wood in a corner near the hearth, then open the keg
of ale she had purchased when she went out to get her axe and drink it
all until she was drunk. She would throw wood into the fire and dance
around and have a good old time by herself.
She stopped chopping
suddenly. A sigh escaped her lips. Then a tear fell from the corner of
her eye, rolled down her cheek and disappeared into her beard. Was
she the only one who enjoyed drinking, eating beans and being merry?
She thought not, but where was everyone? She sighed once more and then wiping
her eyes with her sleeve, began chopping again. She lost her self
in the task and began to sing quietly.

Baby came along with a silver tip
Jessy came along with his strong metal grip
The baby kept crying
He just needed a sip of the devil water

All I want is that warm buzz
And I am all depressed just because
of the devil water

</span>

Drifa
15/Jan/2011, 10:51 PM
The tables were gone and so were the chairs. A stack of legs and wood
planks, that had been the table tops and chair seats, stood by the
hearth ready to be burned. It had gotten colder while Drifa had been
chopping. She hadn't taken the time to actual put the wood that she had
been chopping, in the fire. The beans in the black kettles were now
gelled together in white grease, no longer edible. The other food had
been slowly pecked at and eaten by some crows who had flown in from a
high window some where. The room really had taken on a dingy look.
All the Yuletide glow that had given the room a cheery atmosphere, was
gone.
Drifa drew a mug of ale. She hadn't even taken the time to
drink. She sat on the barrel for a rest. She had worked up a sweat
cutting the wood and her arms were sore. She took a long swallow of the
ale. It tasted good. As she began to cool down, she looked at the
pile of wood near the hearth and contemplated. She could make some new
tables and chairs with that wood if she had a mind to. Aye, if she had a
mind to.

The sun had set twice on the mountain and was now
rising. Drifa stood swaying. She was overly tired and extremely
drunk. She had finished off the barrel of ale and at some point, had
managed to find another barrel and was half way through it. She
couldn't remember where she had gotten the tools but, there was a hammer
and some nails on the floor. The wood that was piled by the hearth was
gone. In the middle of the room stood a collection of rough looking
tables and benches placed about in a hazardous way. The tables and
benches were nailed to the floor.

Looking around, her mood
still at a low, she envisioned a new pub. Aye, a pub with oomph. She
took up a paint bucket, that she had come by in her drunken search for
ale, and accidentally splashed some on the floor. Not what she had
planned to do nonetheless with one unsteady hand and one hand over her
eye, to avoid double vision in her drunken state, she got down on her
knees and wrote in the paint. When she was done, she leaned back on her
heels and then sat down, her back against the wall. Purple paint
dripped off her finger. Her eyes got heavy and soon she was snoring
into her beard. She dreamed of the new pub. She was still drunk in
this pub and everyone else seem to be drunk too....

http://www.walagata.com/w/kimli/rohannas_ruin.jpg (http://file.walagata.com/w/kimli/rohann_ruin.png)

</font></font>Tucked
away in a corner of the Lonely Mountain between the Kings Kitchens and
the Moom-letters and Silver-pen game room, is a dingy pub, last stop on
the way home for late-night revellers. Naturally by the time said
revellers arrive they have had one too many and proceed to have more too
many.

The ambiance is decidedly dingy and rough, tables and
benches nailed to the floors. Sgt Bliff (a most forgetful dwarf) and his
mates earn pin money here as bouncers. The food is stodgy wholesome
fare best not looked at under bright lights. Although the forged dwarf
bread is recommended as a weapon.
</font>
Drinks
</font>The weakest beverage is Orc Bite.
Rhun Firewater is not recommended for heart patients.
Star’s Flower Cordial is recommended for the brave or brain-dead. You’ll have to ask her what it contains, if she shows up.
Rohanna’s Ruin brings tears to your eyes.

Rules:
</font>- No teetotallers. You’re all drunk.
- No post over 100 words, just about 5-6 lines. Lets not make this pub a giant RP. Just fun.
- Other normal Plaza rules apply
- Anything else goes. However, Bliff is
not a rational Dwarf, he forgets things remember. If he kicks you out,
you don’t return. What things annoy him? That's for you to find out!
Guys beware of the punishment meted out by the legendary Rohanna. I
hear from good sources it has something to do with two bricks and ruins
you for life.</font>

Anno Creation</font>

Rohanna
15/Jan/2011, 11:36 PM
Dale of Dale's eyes were not quite blurred enough yet to not be able to read the menu. Who was this Rohanna person? It was somewhere in the back of her mind, just like that Star Flower person, and even the tiny print at the bottom mentioning Annolori the great dwarven king... or was he a great dragon... or a great drinker...?

Oh well, Dale's boots were up, her butt was down in a chair, and she was off work for the weekend. Her mind would not be bothered. BARKEEP! A RHUN FIREWATER AND MAKE IT SNAPPY!

Baingíl Randír
16/Jan/2011, 02:55 AM
It had been too long since Ornurhad been in a pub. At least he thought so. Somehow he had managed to get himself drunk before entering this one. Only reason an elf would enter a Dwarven pub, after all. Or maybe it was for Rohanna's Ruin (the drink, you fool!). Accordingly, the elf mumbled out, "Rohanash Ruinsh."</font>

Auđri
16/Jan/2011, 03:36 AM
Tzülien glimmered in the doorway (no, not like diamonds) which seemed to open of its own accord, probably because it never really closed after the last time someone had kicked in it. Flinging her fur coat at a server that scrambled up to take it, she sauntered slowly over to where a man and an elf were now cornered by her general presence, at least in her eyes. "Rohanna's Ruin, please," she said, not taking her eyes off the pair as she undid the heart-shaped buttons - real heart-shape, mind you - on her gloves a bit slower than was necessary.</font>

scribe
16/Jan/2011, 06:55 AM
Scribe didn't often come to the Lonely Mountain, Dwarves had other bigger fans than him, but he found himself in Erebor on Business and he needed a drink. So he found himself following the unmistakble signs to a location where he could get one. Ducking in the doorway and nearly carcking his head on the frame he made his way in. Shrugging off his cloak and tugging off his gloves he made his way to the bar and sat down at the bar saying "Rohanna's Ruin, over here if you would"

Drifa
16/Jan/2011, 02:47 PM
Bouncer/Barkeep Bliff

Bliff ran about with a large round serving tray over his shoulder, ale sloshing over the sides. He had to double as bouncer and barkeep seeing as how Flats had vanished. It was Flats, wasn't it? he thought to himself for a moment, then remembered it was.He had been so nervous when asked to serve that he had drank a full mug of Orc Bite to calm himself down. As he eyed the patrons he mumbled to himself, 'I hope I serve the right mug to the right person.' He set the first mug down in front of a customer with her boots up on the table and hoped it was the right mug. As he made his way around the room he began to repeat to himself in a low voice. 'Pray I don't trip. Pray I don't trip.'

Rohanna
16/Jan/2011, 08:07 PM
Dale noticed a few more folks were in the pub. All inebriated sots as far as she could tell and not worth her time, but then most weren't worth her time. The dwarf had brought her drink, which made everything well with the world in Dale's eyes. Hoping to not have to move for the rest of the night, Dale settled back and watched as another woman tried to throw herself at a an elf. Why did they even let such scum into a Dwarven pub anyway? Scum being elves not hot-to-trot femme fatales (of which Dale was known to occasionally become after a few drinks.)

Baingíl Randír
17/Jan/2011, 06:18 AM
Ornurbarely saw the woman (Tzulien) who came in until she was quite close. After that, he hardly glanced at her, except to say, "Whysh yoush shtaring?"A more important business was alcohol. A dwarf was saying, "Pray I don't trip."Ornurmumbled a few drunken phrases that sounded like praying, addressed to "Erush," and looked about for his drink. It didn't appear. He mumbled some more. Still no drink.</font>

</font>The elf's face resembled a child's disappointment as he surveyed his drinkless table.</font>

scribe
18/Jan/2011, 05:11 AM
Scribe watched as the bartender ran around the room frantic, but managing to stay on his feet despite his bodies clear desire not to. As he took his mug in his and and took a swig from it he looked around at the other patrons. A motley bunch of folk, half were half drunk and half were half sober. most were dwarves, but he saw another few, a Northern woman and another elf. The woman (Dale) seemed to not care for him, so gesturing over to the end of the bar where she sat, he asked " 'ey you there whats with the dark eye?"

Oak
18/Jan/2011, 07:13 PM
In came a leafy traveler, Oak, wondering what all the smells were about. She wrinkled her nose, but then saw a tray of beans. She grabbed the red and green ones and a tall mug of amber liquid that she thought was Ent draft. She downed the beans in three gulps and drank the liquid. It burned its way into her trunk. Then the noises began. There was rumble in the middle of her trunk like there was a dragon trapped in there. Then her backside below her dorsal limb started making funny noises. Thbth--thbth! It was probably the first time a Tree ever tarnished the silver!</font>

Drifa
19/Jan/2011, 05:55 PM
Bouncer/Barkeep Bliff

The Ruin had become a little more
crowded and with the tables and benches placed in such a hazardous way
around the room, Bliff was sweating blood. Had they all yelled, slurred,
or mumbled Rohanna's Ruin? He couldn't remember. And then to make
matters worse, a tall ent walk in and had some how gotten hold of some
of the magic beans. The room rumbled with a Thbth-thbth sound.
Bliff lost balance of the ale tray. It went crashing into the tables,
spilling ale everywhere. He immediately covered his eyes with his
hands, to nervous to see where the mugs of ale had landed. "Oh
Mahal," he moaned.

Oak
19/Jan/2011, 06:19 PM
The Huorn, now drunk from her roots drinking up the spilled ale made her way back to the bean table. She scooped up the yellow beans with a ladle a plopped them onto her plate. She took a scoop of the red--plop! Then she added some green. She mixed the concoction together and began to ladle it into her hole mouth. Her root flare started to relax as the roots drank up more of the spilled ale. The result was that her bottom finally settled down on the floor, so by the bean table was where she remained. The patrons had to walk around the indoor Tree. Her canopy jumped as she hiccuped. Then her trunk started that ominous rumble again. It was like an eruption Thbth. Pffth Th Pbthbthbthb! The tables rattled...</font>

Drifa
21/Jan/2011, 03:27 PM
Bouncer/Barkeep Bliff

Peeking through his fingers, Bliff heard the tables rattle. The Ent had been at the beans again it would seem. The room was full of a red, grean and yellow mist. Suddenly a bright happy grin blossomed on Bliff's face. The Huorn must have eaten the yellow beans. And unbeknownst to the dwarves, the gas had the same effect on the ones who ate the beans as on the ones who smelt the gas. Bliff stood smiling forgetting he was the barkeep for awhile.

Drifa
27/Jan/2011, 05:41 PM
Come on in! Welcome! This is a continuous pub thread. Please indicate at the top of your post if you are eating beans in The Magical Fruit</font>; get totally bombed in Rohanna's Ruin</font> - or- playing cards in the ...</font>

http://www.walagata.com/w/kimli/dwarf_card_game.jpg

On cold winter nights when the wind howls and the moon tumbles over the mountain tops, the dwarves - warm inside a mountain pub - sit and reminisce over tall tankards of ale and other drinks; at times listening to golden harps and 'deep-throated singing' and challenging each other to a game of 13-card Burned Dwarf...
</font>
Drinks</font>
</font></font>Jack of all Ales
Ace's Lager
Smooth King's Rum
Jokers Wild Tequila
Queens Mild Absinthe</font>
Light Club Soda
Strong Spade Coffee
Herbal Heart Tea
Diamond Latte</font>
</font> ~~~~~~~~~~

The object of the game is to discard all your cards.

Each player is dealt thirteen cards.

The player with the lowest card (see "ranking cards") begins play and discards an allowable hand. (see "allowable hands").

Play continues clockwise, each player either passing or discarding an allowable hand. In each round, players must discard the same number of cards as the preceding hand. For example, if the first discarded hand was a pair, only pairs are allowable discards, and no more. If the first discarded hand is a single, only singles are allowable hands for discard.

You may pass at any time, you are not forced to discard if you can.

Play continues until all players have passed. The last person to discard may now discard any allowable hand. That is, it is at this point that the restriction against changing the number of cards in the allowable hand is lifted. This is a key part of the strategy, and a player who was the last to discard, and all other players having passed, is said to be "In Control." Play continues until one player discards all cards.

If a player has only one card left, the player must announce "last card." No announcement is required if the last cards are a pair or other multi-card hand.

Ranking cards
* Suits are ranked from lowest to highest thus: diamonds, clubs, hearts, spades
* Pips are ranked from three lowest to 2 highest.

Therefore the two of spades is the highest card; the three of diamonds is the lowest. When determining who begins the game, in a four-handed game, the person with the three of diamonds begins. With three players, if no one holds the 3 of diamonds, then the player with the three of clubs, or hearts, or then spades would go first.

Allowable Hands
The following hands may be discarded. The five-card discards are listed in rank order.
* one card
* a pair
* three of a kind

Five Card Hands
* full house
* straight
* flush
* four of a kind and any other card
* straight flush
game concept from
people.ucsc.edu/~rosewood/cards.html</font>
~~~~~~~~~~

</font>So here is how it is going to work. First 4 (hopefully) to post get to play. I will deal the cards and send them to you via pm. You may choose to have a team mate but the game must continue with 4 hands , unless of course all 4 players find teammates then we can continue in normal game mode with the game proceeding faster. If you do find a team mate, it is up to you to send them the cards.

You do not have to be a dwarf to play. Everyone is welcome.

You must rp no more than 100 words that you are actually in a pub playing cards. No long rp posts, please.</font>

As this is a new game, I am not sure how long it will take to play a round so we shall just wing it for now.

If you have any questions, send me a pm. Thanks and h</font>ave fun!

</font>

Raven
27/Jan/2011, 06:54 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall
Playing 13 Card Burned Dwarf

Even if it hadn't been so long since she'd last been drunk (it was last night, in fact), it had been a long while indeed since she had played a good hand of cards, and it was with that in mind that she trudged her way up the Lonely Mountain to the pub nestled into its grey rock. On entering, she collected a tankard of what was apparently the Jack of all Ales from the bar - first things first, after all - then sat down at the card table. Taking a long, deep swig of her drink to fortify herself, she grinned at the nearest dwarf she saw, hoping to draw them into a game.</font>

Firiel Silverswan
27/Jan/2011, 07:04 PM
Siri Quartzshine

</font>Hearing rumors of a card game starting in the pub, Siri hurried to it, hoping to get a spot at the table. She grinned when she saw there was only one other dwarf (Merena) so far. Getting a cup of Herbal Heart Tea, she sat down across from the dwarf and returned her smile. "Name's Siri," she said by way of greeting, then took a sip of her tea. She normally drank something stronger while at a pub, but she needed to keep a clear mind if she wanted to win this game.
</font></span>

Edited by: Hermione Granger

Raven
28/Jan/2011, 09:42 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall

She nodded as Siri took one of the empty seats at the table. I'm Merena, she responded with a smile, though the steam rising in curls from the mug Siri plonked down on the table made her a little uncomfortable. Nice to meet you. What kind of dwarf passed up the opportunity to drink in a pub? One who really wanted to win, of course. Still, they were halfway to the start of the game, and that was the important thing.
</font>

Drifa
28/Jan/2011, 10:46 PM
Drifa looked around wondering if Bliff or Flats would show up to serve drinks? Two dwarves had entered the pub and had to get their drinks by themselves. Now this was understandable in Rohanna's Ruin, which was a drunken chaos on a good day but, it would not do in the 13-card Burned Dwarf pub. This pub and game was dedicated to all the fallen dwarves who had fought in the war against the orcs. They deserved at the least a classy pub with waiters.
Drifa bowed low to the two dwarves that had entered and said.

'My apologies for the lack of service. I am Drifa. If you would like another refreshment, please do not hesitate to call my name. Hopefully your wait will not be to long. I too am eager for the game to begin' </font>

Drifa
17/Feb/2011, 03:26 PM
Playing 13-card Burned Dwarf</span>

Drifa had a few ales waiting for some other players to arrive. And although none had, she still had a big grin on her face. It looked like there would only be her and the two new comers for this round of 13-card Burned Dwarf. Looking at Siri and Merena, the old dwarf said. Are you ready to play?</font>

Raven
17/Feb/2011, 07:17 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall

She bowed low when Drifa introduced herself, and joined in the ales as well, almost forgetting there was a game about to start - so it was a slightly tipsy Merena who nodded back at the old dwarf when she asked if they were ready to play. To be fair, slighty tipsy was better than average for her, so she was sure it wouldn't affect her game too badly.</font>

fishslayer
22/Feb/2011, 11:40 PM
NPC
Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwarf

</font>The night was slow and cold. The bar had a general relaxing theme but there a few dwarves sitting at a table who looked like they were gettting restless. Longbeard was already in a backroom. He could see what was going on but nobody knew he was there. He had been called in to help run the famous game of 13 Card Burned Dwarf. Already on his 5th ale he was ready to start the game. The smell of the ale could just be noticed by others but his short beard and large belly was too noticeable. It made you look more then once at the size of him.

Longbeard wasn't happy doing this but he was told he was one of the few people learned enough to run the game and he could have as much as he wanted as long as he stayed awake. What this really ment is their usually dealer was too drunk to run the game so he had to step in. Longbeard was a grumpy dwarf at the best of times but to sit here to try and run a game for others made him worst. If it wasn't for the bear in one hand and the new deck in the other he would be sitting alone complaining and generally the type of dwarf that gave them a bad name.

"Right you three" Longbeard grunted as he moved himself towards their (Drifa, Merena and Siri) table. He brought a chair with him and sat down. "You better be ready as I'm starting now! The names Longbeard, don't forget it if you want to be delt."

Longbeard delt the cards out to the people around the table. The game had begun.
</font>

Edited by: fishslayer

Firiel Silverswan
23/Feb/2011, 12:05 AM
Siri Quartzshine

Siri</font> started as a dwarf (Drifa) introduced herself and asked if she was ready to play. "Of course I am," she said grinning. She watched as another dwarf (Longbeard) moved towards their table, trying not to laugh at the shortness of his beard. She was glad she kept her giggles inside when she realized that this dwarf was to be their dealer! She peeked at her cards, then waited to see who would start the game.
</font></span>

Drifa
23/Feb/2011, 01:02 AM
Playing 13 Card Burned Dwarf</span>

Having drunk a few to many ales herself, Drifa smiled at Siri and said. 'Have fun!' She then looked at the short bearded dwarf as he pulled a chair over and began to deal the cards. He introduced himself as Longbeard. Drifa snorted into her own beard at the obvious contradiction and picked up her cards. She was a bit confused with the pips and high and low cards, but no one had to know this. She was the one that had challenged patrons to play, after all. Looking at the other dwarves she said. 'I am ready to play!'</font>

Raven
23/Feb/2011, 01:10 AM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall

Finally, a dwarf with an embarrasingly short beard arrived and dealt the cards out to the three players. Merena grunted in assent as she picked hers up, arranging them clumsily by number, almost dropping the hand on more than one occasion. Maybe she should have stuck to hot tea like Siri. Too late for that now.

A glance at her newly-rearranged hand told her that she did not have the starting card, the three of diamonds, and she wondered if anyone else did...
</font>

fishslayer
23/Feb/2011, 02:08 AM
NPC - Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwarf

Longbeard looked around the table. He knew who had what cards. They were ready to start play. "You there, start" he said pointing finger at Drifa.
</font>

Drifa
23/Feb/2011, 03:00 AM

Drifa snorted into her beard again. She couldn't help it. Longbeard was quite the character. Bowing her head towards him, she began the game by laying down a pair.

</span></font>AD </span></font>AC
</span></font>

fishslayer
23/Feb/2011, 02:43 PM
NPC - Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwarf

The first cards had been played. Lognbeard was in no mood to waste time, he was grumpy enough and annoyed how he had been roped into this. He took a sig of his ale and looked in the direction of the dwarves.

"Come on, come on. I've seen dwarves in a battle quicker then this. Its your turn then your turn, I want to get home tonight not in the 6th age!" Longbeard said. It was Siri's turn next then Merena.
</font>

Firiel Silverswan
24/Feb/2011, 02:47 AM

Siri </font>glared at Longbeard as she rearranged her cards, deliberately taking longer even though she already knew what cards she was going to play. She took a long sip of her tea, then laid down her cards.

KD KC

She glanced around, looking for any servers that might be free to get her a new cup of tea. Drifa had offered to get her a drink earlier, but that was before she joined the game.
</font></span>

Raven
24/Feb/2011, 04:08 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall
Playing 13-card Burned Dwarf

Merena checked her hand once again, her eyes going back and forth between her cards and the ones laid down on the table. A thought slowly formulated itself in her slightly-tipsy brain. You...Longbeard. She had to suppress a giggle at the incongruous name. You're the dealer. Can we play a pair of lower cards on a pair of higher ones? Part of her was hoping they could, because even she could tell she had some dodgy cards to get rid of...</font>

Edited by: Raven

fishslayer
24/Feb/2011, 05:21 PM
OOC ( I'm just going to check the rules with Drifa, not sure at the moment</font>)

EDIT:

NPC Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwalf

</font>The game moved on and Siri took her go. Longbeard had only noticed what had happened when </font>Merena had asked him a question.

"</font>You're the dealer. Can we play a pair of lower cards on a pair of higher ones?" </font></font>she asked. This was no good, dwarves not knowing how to play the game. Longbeard knew that he was going to need another ale soon. He finished what was left of his pint in one large swig.

"You can't do that, no no no. Ye can only play higher cards on lowers ones! Do you not know the rules?!"
</font>_________________</font>
Sorry about that confusion. You can't play lower cards on higher ones. As it wasn't said before you can retake your go Hermione and we can continue the game from there.
</font></font>

Firiel Silverswan
24/Feb/2011, 06:52 PM

Siri looked confused when Longbeard exclaimed that lower cards couldn't be played on higher ones. She realized her play was the source of the outburst and quickly scooped up her pair. After a quick glance at her hand, she said, "I pass."
She glared at her empty teacup, deciding to blame that as the reason for her stupidity. Looking around again, she hoped that someone, anyone, was around to give her another cup of tea.

OOC -</font> Sorry about that... smileys/smiley16.gif</font>

Raven
24/Feb/2011, 08:02 PM
NPC - Merena Hammerfall
Playing 13-card Burned Dwarf</font>

She nodded, glad to be sure of the rules, even though it meant she couldn't play this time around. Aye, I'm passing too, she grunted before chugging down another half-mug of ale. Drifa's turn again, then. Hopefully she'd put something down that Siri or Merena could play on this time...</font>

Drifa
24/Feb/2011, 08:16 PM
Drifa bustled about whilst Longbeard was laying down the rules, and quickly set up a refreshment table close by the card game. She hadn't seen Flats or Bliff in a dwarf's age and figured they had moved on to better things.
Seating herself , she picked up her cards and said. 'Refreshments are served! Please help your selves! Now, let me see, what should I play next?' </font>

JS

fishslayer
25/Feb/2011, 01:24 PM
NPC Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwalf

</font>The game was finally being played right. "We go in the same order every round" Longbeard said. Now could anybody top a Jack of Spades?
</font>

Norin Deathfoot
26/Feb/2011, 04:05 PM
Norin hadn't had a good drink in a while, and it seemed that this general area was a good place to go get one. However there was a choice of pubs to go into when she got to the right cave. Three doorways led into three different rooms. The decor was different in each one. She poked her head into each one to ascertain the atmosphere. She wantedn a quite drink, preferrably a strong one before she felt up to much socialising. She poked her head into the Magical Beans pub</font>. Ah, beans! She missed them, but wanted to drink something first. She poked her head into Rohanna's Ruin</font>. Ah, this looked like her sort of place! Without even having a look in the other place, she walked in.

"Give me an Orc Bite please!" she demanded from the barman while shaking out a coin from her purse. Orc Bite was definitely the fastest way to get social again.

Firiel Silverswan
27/Feb/2011, 01:56 AM
Playing 13-Card Burned Dwarf

Siri sighed as she looked at her hand. "I have to pass again," she said, setting down her cards and pouring another cup of hot water. Grabbing a tea bag, she dropped it into the cup and watched it steep as she wondered if she'd ever be able to play a hand.
</font>

fishslayer
27/Feb/2011, 02:21 AM
NPC Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwalf

Siri had just annouced that she couldn't go and had to pass again. This was a little strange. She had managed to play two kings before which were both higher then a jack so what had happened. Maybe it was something she was drinking before, though Longbeard couldn't talk, he was already on his fith ale of the night. Thats wasn't includeing the three he had for breakfast and the couple at lunch.

"Siri I don't quite understand" Longbeard said "Are you sure you can't go and want to pass?"

</font>_______________

</font>I don't think I was very clear with the rules before so it is my fault.

Ok so you can only play higher cards then the cards played before.
Now 3D is the lowest card and 2S is the highest.
The order of suites (highest to lowest) are Spades, Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds.
A higher number is higher then a lower number regardless of suite.
So the 5H is higher then the 4S even though spades are higher.

Therefore as long as you have a higher number you can play. Only when the cards are the same number so the suites need to be taken into account. So the 5H will be lower then the 5S but higher then the 5C.

As I wasn't very clear you can take your go again if you like Hermione.

Drifa
27/Feb/2011, 05:23 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf</font>
</font>
Drifa listened to Longbeard as he inquired whether or not the card sharks understood the rules. She hoped that they did and would not get to discourage. Grinning she said. 'Please do not get to discouraged, we shall work it out, eventually, I hope, or get really drunk trying to.' *grin*</font>

Rohanna's Ruin</font>

Drifa had stepped out the the 13-CBD pub for a breather when she saw a familiar face walk into Rohanna's Ruin. Before she could call out, the dwarf had disappears into the pub. Drifa high tailed it over towards the pub and entering called out. 'Norin! Norin! Is that you? How are you?</font>

Firiel Silverswan
27/Feb/2011, 05:45 AM
13-Card Burned Dwarf

Siri shook her head when Longbeard asked if she was sure she didn't want to go. "I think I've figured out a move, now that I think about it." Pulling out one card from her hand, she laid down 2D.

OOC - I thought it was just the numbers that counted, but I wasn't sure...thanks for clearing that up, fish</font> smileys/smiley2.gif
</font>

Norin Deathfoot
27/Feb/2011, 01:07 PM
Rohanna's Ruin.</font>
The bartender handed over a drink which Norin downed, relishing the familiar bite and bad taste. There was nothing quite like an Orc Bite to make you feel at home again. She was about to wash it down with a stronger drink, something like Star's Flower Cordial when a voice called her name. "Drifa? Is that you? I cannot believe my eyes!" she shouted back, enveloping the other dwarf in a glomp.

Raven
27/Feb/2011, 01:19 PM
Merena Hammerfall

Siri played a high card on top of Drifa's - but Merena was lucky enough to have the highest card in the game, which she slapped down on the table unceremoniously.

2S</font>

Drifa
27/Feb/2011, 04:32 PM
Rohanna's Ruin</font>

Drifa hugged Norin back then stepped away, holding the dwarf and arms length and looking her over. 'You look great! Where have you been and what have you been up to? As she waited for Norin to reply she went behind the bar and drew herself an Orc Bite exclaiming. 'Looks like we will be serving our selves! Bliff the bartender is no where to be found. You didn't happen to see him on your way, did you? A short dwarf with really muscular arms? Quite the hunk I might add.' *wink*</font>

13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa made her way back into the pub, smelling a lot more like ale, and a wider grin on her face. She sat down at the table and looked at the last card that was played. There was no mistaken it. It was the highest card. She had no choice. In a happy voice she looked at the two other dwarves and said..

Pass</font>

Norin Deathfoot
27/Feb/2011, 05:02 PM
Rohanna's Ruin</span>

</span>"Ah, it's so good to see you again!" Norin exclaimed as she looked into Drifa's face. "I've been travelling for a bit. Thought I'd go see my family again and spent some time with them in their caves. Turns out I spent a longer time away than I thought I would. Nearly didn't come home actually." Norin drew herself another Orc Bite, as the bartender wasn't there to serve her anything stronger. "Nah, didn't see anyone. But I wouldn't mind getting to know him!" she winked as she sipped her drink. "So, where are you hanging out these days? You weren't in here earlier? Can I join you?"</span>

fishslayer
27/Feb/2011, 11:25 PM
NPC Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwalf

</font>"I see you have placed the two of spades. The highest card. Seems as nobody can beat you you can take another turn, Siri would have to pass anyways." Longbeard said.

He got up and went to the table to get some refreshments and a new ale. He was hungry and tired but wanted to do nothing more tonight then drink till he slept. Unfortunatly there was still this game going on so he would have to wait till it finished. But every second he could save by making the game quicker ment more time drinking.

As nobody can beat the 2S you can have another go Raven and you can start with anything.
</font></font>

Raven
28/Feb/2011, 10:47 AM
Merena Hammerfall

Merena nodded, grabbing another tankard from the table Drifa had so graciously provided as she pondered what to play next, eventually laying five cards down on the table. Full house, she announced with a grin. Hopefully no-one else would have one...

4D 4H 9C 9H 9S</font>

Drifa
28/Feb/2011, 02:10 PM
Rohanna's Ruin
</font>
'I am glad you decided to come back', Drifa said to Norin with a smile. Leaning in close so that know one else could hear, even though they appeared to be the only two patrons in the bar, the old dwarf said. 'To be quite honest, it has been just me, Bliff and Flats, for the longest time. Other dwarves come by but they don't stay. I sure hope you stick around for awhile. And to answer your question, I am over at the 13-cBD pub playing a game of cards. Would you like to join us there?'

13-card Burned Dwarf
Drifa took a swallow of ale and burped into her beard. 'Excuse me!, she said in a surprised voice, then grinned at the others. Looking at Merena's full house, she then whistled and exclaimed. 'Great play! You got me with that hand. I will have to pass again and have another ale to get over it, hee hee.'

Pass
</font>

Firiel Silverswan
28/Feb/2011, 10:44 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Siri grinned as Merena laid down her full house, since she had one of her own. She laid down the five cards, sure that she would be able to take the next turn.

5D,5H,5S; KD,KC
</font>

Raven
28/Feb/2011, 11:22 PM
Merena Hammerfall

Merena groaned as she saw Siri put down a full house on top of hers - she had been certain that she would have the only one! There went her awesome strategic play. Nice work. I don't have another, so I have to pass, she said to the other dwarf, her tone more than a little begrudging. Maybe she should have stuck to the tea as well.</font>

Pass</font>

fishslayer
28/Feb/2011, 11:25 PM
NPC Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwalf

</font>With a new ale in his hand and some new crumbs in his beard he was ready to see waht the next round brought. In his mind he was hopeing the dwarves had finally got how to play but the free ale was making him more relaxed. He sat back in his chair waiting for the next play.

Suddenly Longbeard's eyes were wide with excitement. A full house and then another had been played. He nearly fell of his chair! The game was getting serious now. Excitment and a feeling bubbled up inside Longbeard. That feeling soon left a second later when he realised it was just a burb. Sitting back in his chair waiting to see if Merena could top what was on the table.
</font>

Drifa
28/Feb/2011, 11:32 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa scratched her beard and looked at her cards. Siri had played a full house. The old dwarf had already passed on a full house and she would have to pass again. She took another swallow of ale, and noticed that her mug was empty. 'Now how did that happen', she thought with a grin.

Pass
</font>

Firiel Silverswan
28/Feb/2011, 11:53 PM
13-Card Burned Dwarf

Siri couldn't keep in a chuckle as the other two players passed. She knew Drifa didn't have a full-house, and she was hoping Merena wasn't holding another one. Now, did she want to play it safe or take a risk? She decided to play it safe and laid down a single card.

3S
</font>

Drifa
01/Mar/2011, 12:01 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa had just finished filling up her mug when Siri laid down another card. Still not sure if she was playing the game right, Drifa quickly laid down a card, hoping she beat Siri's card for a change.

QS
</font>

Raven
01/Mar/2011, 12:02 AM
Merena Hammerfall

She nodded at Siri's safe play, grabbing yet another tankard from the table, her fifth - tenth - fifteenth? Who could say? Taking a long gulp and examining her hand carefully, she plunked down a single card on top of Siri's.

8H</font>

Drifa
01/Mar/2011, 12:18 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf</font>

The old dwarf looked at Merena as she laid down a card in a confused way, then started to laugh. Of course with all the drinking she had played out of turn. Picking up her card she said. ' I beg your pardon, friends. It looks like I have played out of turn. Please excuse an old tipsy dwarf, wont you? '

QS
</font>

fishslayer
01/Mar/2011, 12:57 AM
NPC Longbeard
13 Card Burned Dwalf

Longbeard</font> was about to question Drifa's move but the game had managed to resolve itself. Longbeard just nodded to himelf and watched the game carry on.
</font>

Norin Deathfoot
01/Mar/2011, 06:02 PM
Rohanna's Ruin</font> then 13 Card Burned Dwarf</font>.

Norin was shocked to hear that there were so few dwarves left. "Where did the all go?" she asked, worried. She had gone travelling after the great unrest, but the others had resolved to stay, or had they? "Well, maybe this is a conversation to have while we're in the other pub you mentioned. I hope they have strong drink there too!" She grabbed an empty mug and took it with her as they walked together into the other bar where a card game seemed to be taking place. Drifa sat down at the card table again and Norin sat behind her and looked over her shoulder. So far, the game was making no sense, but she resolved to watch and learn.

Firiel Silverswan
02/Mar/2011, 11:57 PM
13-Card Burned Dwarf
Siri looked quizzically at Drifa as she played her card before Merena, but said nothing as it was corrected. Nodding at the dwarf who entered the pub and was peeking over Drifa's shoulder, she laid down her next card.

AH
</font>

Raven
03/Mar/2011, 11:00 AM
Merena Hammerfall

Merena sighed as Siri put down another high card on top of Drifa's. She checked over every card in her hand not once but twice, just in case, but the fact remained that she couldn't play.

Pass</font>

Drifa
03/Mar/2011, 03:20 PM
Rohanna's Ruin</font> to</font> </font>13 Card Burned Dwarf

</font>'I do not know where all the dwaves went Norin. Traveling I presume. It is a wide wide world and there are many places to discover.</font> </font>Have you ever heard tell of the Glittering Caves?'</font> </font>Drifa asked as walked through the pub door where the card game was taking place.
' </font>I have heard it is a wondrous place. Oh here we are!' Sitting down, Norin in a chair behind her, Drifa introduced Norin to Siri, Merena and Longbeard. She then whispered to Norin, so as not to interrupt the others. 'This is the first hand we play. Maybe next round you can join us? Oi! it looks like I have to pass, bah!'
</font>
Pass
</font>

Firiel Silverswan
03/Mar/2011, 11:22 PM
13-Card Burned Dwarf

Siri nodded to herself as the other two passed. She had guessed they didn't have cards higher than hers, and she was glad she was actually right. Looking through her cards, she had another decision to make. After a long moment, she laid down another single card.

7H
</font>

Raven
04/Mar/2011, 12:39 AM
Merena Hammerfall

Aha! Something she could play on this time! Merena plucked a higher card from her hand and laid it down on the table with a flourish, though she didn't manage to get it anywhere near the middle where Siri had laid her card. Hmm. Maybe another drink would improve her co-ordination.

JD</font>

Drifa
04/Mar/2011, 12:47 AM
13 Card Burned Dwarf

</font>Drifa almost knocked Norin in the chin (as she looked over Drifa's shoulder) when she suddenly jumped in her seat. She finally had a chance to play, and she was totally hyped. It was no fun passing and Siri and Merena had both put down full houses, ridding themselves of a lot of their cards.</font> Not wanting to miss the opportunity, the old dwarf quickly laid down a card.</font>

QD
</font>

Norin Deathfoot
07/Mar/2011, 01:36 PM
13 Card Burned Dwarf</span>

</span>Norin smiled and greeted all the others who were playing the game. "Varkin all! I'm <b style="font-style: italic; ">Norin[/b], an old friend of <b style="font-style: italic; ">Drifa[/b]" I'll just sit and watch while you finish this round, maybe next round I'll join in." She sat back and watched the table, trying to understand the rules. She took a sip of her drink just as Drifa jumped up and knocked her on the chin, the beer went EVERYWHERE!</span>

Firiel Silverswan
07/Mar/2011, 07:38 PM
13-Card Burned Dwarf
Siri sighed as she realized she didn't have a higher card than Drifa's. "I pass," she declared, setting her cards down and taking another sip of her tea.
</font>

Raven
08/Mar/2011, 02:02 PM
Merena Hammerfall

She grinned, both at the newcomer (Norin) and because Siri had not been able to play. Luckily, she did have a card that was higher than Drifa's, which she set down on the table with a flourish.

QH</font>

Drifa
08/Mar/2011, 03:12 PM
13 Card Burned Dwarf

</font>Drifa thought she had missed Norin's chin, be obviously she hadn't. She felt ale run down her back, which gave her quite a start. Luckily though, she didn't have a card to play and would have time to clean up before her next turn. Looking at Norin she grinned. 'Why don't you join us at the table. Chances are better that I will not knock you in the chin next time, eh?' Moving over to give Norin room she said. 'Any one else need a drink?'

Pass
</font>

fishslayer
08/Mar/2011, 10:59 PM
NPC Longbeard

13 Card Burned Dwalf

</font>"Aye, I'll take that offer on another drink, something strong and sweet." Longbeard said. He was getting bored with the game again. Although the game was going quickly and everybody else was having fun Longbeard only wanted to drink and sleep. He finished his, well only Eru knows what number he was on, pint and sat back in his chair. The newcomer looked interested in the game but Longbeard knew as she did that the dwalf would have to wait till next round.
</font>

Raven
10/Mar/2011, 07:55 PM
Merena Hammerfall

So excited was Merena at the prospect of getting this card out of her hand (and more than a little drunk besides), she slammed it down on the table without even waiting for Siri to pass again, reasoning that if she couldn't play on the last turn she wouldn't be able to play on this one. Three! she shouted for no apparent reason before swilling down another half a pint of ale.

3C</font>

Drifa
10/Mar/2011, 08:17 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa got drinks and passed them round the table. She grinned at Longbeard who looked about ready to fall asleep.
'Stay awake with us good dwarf! Merena has pepped the game up with an out of turn play, but I shan't say a word, you?'
She began to laugh when she looked at Merena and saw her swilling back a pint of ale. Obviously, Merena would not say a word either. Drifa then looked at her hand and choosing a card, laid it down.

4S</font>

Firiel Silverswan
12/Mar/2011, 07:18 PM
13-Card Burned Dwarf

Siri blushed when she realized that she had been staring off into space and missed her turn. Merena guessed correctly that she had to pass again, so she studied the two plays that had been made, then put down her card. "Sorry about not paying attention for a minute. I guess my mind was elsewhere," she apologized.

8S
</font>

Raven
12/Mar/2011, 11:44 PM
Merena Hammerfall

She grinned and raised her mug when Siri apologised for missing her turn. Ne'r mind, she slurred at the other dwarf before staring at her hand. The numbers were getting a bit fuzzy now. Maybe she should have a sweet tea next. Allowing that nearly alien thought to rumble around in her brain for a bit, she played her next card, vaguely aware that it was a good one.

KS</font>

The table was silent for a bit, and then something went ping in Merena's brain. Oh oh oh! she cried out before anyone else could put a card down. Last cards!</font>

Drifa
13/Mar/2011, 01:42 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

'No need to apologies Siri. The mind does have a habit of doing that. Why once I was in the middle of forging a rather fine set of tongs for my hearth and as I worked I began to daydream about honey cakes and globs of cream on it. I could smell the cake in my mind. But suddenly it smelt burnt and I was shaken from my reverie to find that it wasn't cake I was smelling but my beard. It had caught fire as I forged. I guess I was trying to forge it to my tongs, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Ah, but enough reminiscing. Looks like this game will soon be over. I will have to pass.'

Pass</font>

Raven
16/Mar/2011, 12:05 AM
Merena Hammerfall

She was drunk and excited, and Siri seemed to have fallen asleep again. She'd passed last time, so she had to pass again...right? Right. That was that, then. Merena laid down her last two cards with a grin. I'm out. Out of ale, that is. And I don't have any cards left either. She snorted with laughter at her own terrible joke and leaned back in her chair, basking in the warm glow of victory. We having another game?

10D, 10C</font>

Drifa
16/Mar/2011, 12:52 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa grinned at Merena's joke and raising her glass, toasted the winner. 'Good game Merena! I had seven cards left in my hand. You almost skunked me, you did. Swallowing down her ale, the old dwarf wiped her mouth and said. 'I am up for another game. How about I give a shout out and see if we can find some more players? What do you think, Sari?'
</font>

Norin Deathfoot
17/Mar/2011, 11:45 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf</font></span>

</font></span>Norin had cleaned up the ale and had gotten another drink from Drifa. She watched the game end and looked up. "I'd like to play, if someone would explain the rules to me again" she said. She placed her stool closer to the table and smiled at the other players.</span>

Drifa
17/Mar/2011, 12:13 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa grinned at Norin who pulled her chair closer and said. 'Great! That makes three of us. Your still in aren't you Merena? And I am waiting to hear from Longbeard too. Lets see if our dealer is still up for it.' (waiting on an pm from fish</font>)
</font>

Raven
17/Mar/2011, 12:20 PM
Merena Hammerfall

She nodded along to Drifa's question, somehow feeling a little more sober than before. She supposed it had been a good few minutes since she'd had anything to drink - maybe that was it. Grabbing a steaming hot mug of tea from the bar, she waited for the next game to begin.</font>

Drifa
19/Mar/2011, 02:28 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa took a sip of coffee (the ale she was saving for the match), and then said to the other two dwarves. 'Well, it looks like Longbeard will be taking an overdue nap and will not be with us this round. I would just like to raise my coffee mug to him and thank him for dealing the first round. Thanks Longbeard! Also, I have been looking for a dealer so hopefully it will not be to much longer.'
</font>

Raven
21/Mar/2011, 05:26 PM
Merena Hammerfall

She wasn't sure whether she liked this sweet tea business, but if she hoped to keep her wits about her to win the second hand of Burned Dwarf, she was going to have to be...sober. Well, she could remedy that when she got home tonight. For now raised her mug to Longbeard and tried to concentrate on her strategy as she waited for the new dealer to arrive...</font>

Aisil
21/Mar/2011, 07:10 PM
NPC Nîm - Dwarfette</font>
</font>Nîm rushed into the pub, having been hired to be a dealer for some card game. She was horrid at card games, in fact, last time she`d even attempted to play one was when she was a little kid. But Nîm went where money could be earned, and surely money could be earned by playing card games.</font>
</font>She stepped towards the seat of the dealer and handed each of the players thirteen cards, not entirely sure which game they were playing but sure she`d figure it out.

After a slight pause, allowing the players to take a look at their cards she announced: "Up first is Merena, then Drifa, followed by Siri and finally it`s Norin`s turn" she said.
</font>

Edited by: Aisil Laegiel

Raven
23/Mar/2011, 11:01 AM
Merena Hammerfall

Nîm handed out the cards and informed them all that Merena was going first this time. She surveyed her hand, placing the cards in order and considering which to play first. This would be so much easier with a tankard of ale! If she won this round she would reward herself with one, she decided.

Eventually choosing to go with the strategy that had worked so well last time, Merena laid down a full house.

3D, 3S, 5D, 5C, 5S</font>

Norin Deathfoot
23/Mar/2011, 11:04 AM
13 Card Burned Dwarf

Norin looked at the cards she had been dealt, looked around the circle of players and then looked at her cards again. She hadn't had enough time to understand the game in the previous round as she'd been busy cleaning up spilled beer.
"Can someone please explain the game to me?" she asked, a little pitifully.

Raven
23/Mar/2011, 11:17 AM
Merena Hammerfall

Poor Norin looked a little lost as Merena laid her first cards down, so she rummaged around in her pocket for the sheet of rules Longbeard had given the players earlier. It was very crinkled and a little sweaty and beery, but it was better than nothing, right? She smoothed the sheet of paper out as much as she could and then handed it over.

&lt;&lt; Norin</font>, the rules are in this post forum_images/bullet.png (forum_posts.asp?TID=239684&amp;PID=7311339#7311339) smileys/smiley10.gif</font> &gt;&gt;</font>

Norin Deathfoot
23/Mar/2011, 11:49 AM

</span>Norin thanked Merena and looked at the sheet of rules, glancing occasionally at her cards as she did so. She finally put the rule sheet down and started to shuffle her cards in some sort of order. Once she was finished she raised one eyebrow, looked at the cards on the table and then looked carefully at her cards. A small smile could now be seen tugging at the corner of one of her lips.</span>
</span>@Merena: * Thanks! It's very much like a game we play here called Arschloch (asshole). Hehehe</font>. *</span>

Drifa
24/Mar/2011, 12:36 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa stood and bowed low to </font>Nîm</font> and
said. 'Thank you so much for dealing this round. The drinks are on me
so please help yourself.' Then excusing herself, Drifa sat down and
looked at the cards Merena had laid down, and grinned. She was able to play this turn and did just that.

9D, 9S, 6D, 6S, 6C</font>

Norin Deathfoot
27/Mar/2011, 05:43 PM
Playing 13-card Burned Dwarf</span></span>

</span></span>Norin waited forSirito go, but she passed. Then it was finally her turn! She looked at her cards, weighing the options, then finally put five cards down.</span></span>
</span></span>7D, 7C, 7S, JD, JC.</span></span>

Raven
28/Mar/2011, 10:05 PM
Merena Hammerfall

She was amazed that two players after her had been able to follow her lead, and she certainly didn't have another full house! Placing her cards back down on the table, she took another sip of tea, unable to hide the look of distate that crossed her face. Definitely ordering another ale when this was done. She'd rather lose than have to drink another mug of this.

Pass</font>

Drifa
29/Mar/2011, 02:09 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa was finished with her coffee too. She was ready for an ale. She had watched as Norin laid down a full house and grimaced. She would definitely have to pass this turn.

Pass
</font>

Norin Deathfoot
29/Mar/2011, 02:30 PM

</span>Norinlooked at the other players, none of them could lay their cards down. With a grin, she took the pile of cards to her and flipped them over so their backs were facing up. "Beginner's luck I guess!" she grinned. "However, now for an easy round." she said, as she laid a single low card down.</span>
</span>4D</span>

Raven
29/Mar/2011, 04:27 PM
Merena Hammerfall

Returning Norin's grin, Merena laid down a single card on the table, glad she could play this time. She reached over to the table nearby and selected a particularly nice-looking pint of ale - not that any pint of ale would look anything other than nice to her after the tea. Oh, she was going to enjoy this.

6H</font>

Drifa
30/Mar/2011, 01:47 AM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Taking a drink from her mug, Drifa wipe the ale from her mouth and looked at the cards on the table and then the cards in her hand. As she looked at her cards, she thought, Norin might claim it was luck but she could be a regular card shark for all Drifa knew. She thought it best to stay alert and not drink to much for a bit and see how things went. 'I will play the 7 of hearts,' she declared to the other.

7H</font>

Norin Deathfoot
31/Mar/2011, 01:09 AM
13-Card Burned Dwarf.

This round was easy, and a good way to get rid of those pesky low value single cards in her hand. Norin laid down another card on top of Drifa's. "I think I need another ale!" she exclaimed, looking at her empty mug. "This just won't do!" She got up and got herself another drink.
9H

Raven
31/Mar/2011, 01:31 PM
Merena Hammerfall

Another card she could play on, and she did, placing the Jack of Hearts on top of Norin's nine before taking a deep swig of her frosty ale. So much better than tea, or anything else for that matter.

JH</font>

Drifa
31/Mar/2011, 09:42 PM
<a href="forum_posts.asp?TID=239684&amp;PID=7362152#7362152" target="_blank">
</a>

13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa had long finished her second ale and</font> had been chewing on the corner of one of her cards as she</font>
plotted in her head how she could rid herself of the ones in her
hand. The chewed card was quite frayed and wet. She looked at it and
then quickly laid it down on the table, hoping the others wouldn't
notice its ruined condition.

AH</font>

Norin Deathfoot
31/Mar/2011, 10:13 PM
13-Card Burned Dwarf</span>

</span>The cards were being played fast and furious. She watched the others lay down higher and higher cards. Her options to play were getting limited. She had one more ace up her sleeve though, so to speak.</span>
</span>2H</span>

Raven
31/Mar/2011, 10:55 PM
Merena Hammerfall

The cards were becoming higher by the minute, and now Merena found she couldn't play at all. Throwing her hands up in the air rather dramatically she called out I pass! before going back to her delicious, delicious ale.

Pass</font>

Drifa
02/Apr/2011, 01:56 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa cussed in to her beard. She thought she might have been on a roll with her ace but no, Norin had the high card up her sleeve - so to speak. Feeling exactly the same as Merena, Drifa said. 'You've got me beat with that card Norin. I will have to pass too. Good play!'

Pass
</span></font></font>

Norin Deathfoot
02/Apr/2011, 03:48 PM
</span>"Hurrah!" Norin said, as she took the pile yet again, and turned the cards face down on her previous pile. "This must be the famous beginner's luck!" She looked over her cards again. What could she best afford to play? "I think this round will be pairs" she said, laying down her cards.
8C, 8H</span>

Raven
02/Apr/2011, 05:52 PM
Merena Hammerfall

The grin on Norin's face as she pulled the pile towards her once again made Merena smile too, and the pair of cards she put down on the table made her even happier. Finally I can play again! She'd only had to miss one turn, of course, but Merena liked to play up on these things.

</font>8D, 8S</font>

Drifa
03/Apr/2011, 08:49 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

Drifa cussed in
to her beard , again. And this time she tore at her beard a bit, just to release some of the frustration she felt. She did have a pair earlier but used one of the cards in a previous play. She looked at her mug of ale and thought, what the heck. Taking it up, she drained it and then said. " I will pass again. I may not win the game but I am sure going to win the drinking match." She then stood up and fetched herself another ale.

Pass</span></font>

Norin Deathfoot
04/Apr/2011, 02:11 PM
</span>Norin looked at her remaining cards, and didn't see a pair amongst them. Just starting the round had used up all her pairs. She had three cards left though.
"Pass" she said.</span>

Raven
04/Apr/2011, 02:29 PM
Merena Hammerfall

Both the other players passed and Merena gave them a wide grin as she placed another pair down on top of the one she had just played. It was a good pair, the highest left in the game, but she thought she should wait for everyone else to pass again out of politeness before she put her next card down. Politeness? What had that tea done to her?

2S, 2D</font>

Drifa
04/Apr/2011, 10:33 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

The old dwarf could do nothing again. Thank Mahal that the remain cards in ones hands were not added up cause she would surely be at the bottom of the barrel with all the cards she had left. Taking up her ale, she took a swig and said to the others. 'I pass again!'

Pass</span></font>

Norin Deathfoot
05/Apr/2011, 12:18 AM
</span>"You might as well start playing the next round, Merena" Norin said. "I think the other 2 was already played so nothing can beat that hand. I pass anyway!" She finished her ale and then set the tankard down. "Hmm, I have a nagging feeling that I'm supposed to be somewhere" she said out loud, looking at the others. "Well, another drink to start with to start the next round?" She only had three cards left.</span>
</span>OOC: * Peoples, I'm off to Israel tomorrow and therefore can't finish this game, sorry! I give you all license to NPC me in this thread if you feel so inclined and use my cards for the next moves. My cards are 10D, QS, KS. I'll try and check online if I have the chance, but I highly doubt it, sorry! Anyways, have fun!</font> *</span>

Raven
06/Apr/2011, 11:37 AM
Merena Hammerfall

She grinned at the other players, taking a deep swig of her ale before making her next play. That warm fuzzy feeling was coming back to her now - she had missed it for the short time it had been gone. Dwarves just weren't meant to be sober, she thought. Placing her card on the table, she called out last card!

QC

Norin, </font>see you soon! smileys/smiley10.gif</font>
</font>

Drifa
06/Apr/2011, 10:49 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

'Ah ha!' Finally the old dwarf could play something. Grinning back at Merena, she laid down her card and said. 'Good card Merena but I think I got you bet this time, I hope?'

AC</span></font>

Raven
06/Apr/2011, 11:03 PM
Merena Hammerfall

Norin had to pass, and so it was Merena's turn again. It took a second to work out whether she could play or not. Close, but not quite, she grinned at Drifa as she laid her final card down on the table. It was another ace, but one of a higher suit. And I'm out!

AS</font>

Drifa
06/Apr/2011, 11:09 PM
13-card Burned Dwarf

'Bah!' Drifa threw down her cards and shot her hands up into the air. She had a handful of cards left again. But, it had been fun drinking and playing with the other dwarves and that is all that mattered really. Rising from her chair she bowed low to the others and said. 'Thanks for taking part in this pub you guys! It was a pleasure playing with you.'
</span></font>

Raven
06/Apr/2011, 11:44 PM
Merena Hammerfall

She stood and bowed low as well. Good game, she thanked her fellow Dwarves before slumping back into her seat, one of Drifa's airbourne cards lodging itself in her hair. If this wasn't a good reason to get even more drunk, she didn't know what was.

&lt;&lt; Thanks for the game Drifa, it was great fun </font>smileys/smiley10.gif &gt;&gt;</font>

PaladisNeko
14/May/2011, 03:22 AM
Paladis enters the bar after a tough day of fighting off trolls and goblins. Feeling half beaten and ready for some drinks and good times says, "Bar-Keep! Can you spare a moment from the card games to serve an old man a drink? Just a Brown Wizzy Smartie and some yellow gas making beans if you will.". He sits down at a table as they finish their round of 13 card Burned Dwarf.