PDA

View Full Version : The Lonely Mountain Barbecue

Beliowen
25/Jul/2011, 01:33 PM
<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Come and enjoy the fabled hospitality of the dwarfs!! </font></span>[/b]

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"></font></span>[/b]

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">The Lonely Mountain Barbecue </font></font></span>[/b]

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"></font></span>[/b]

<i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">The dwarves have been mining in the deep all day, and
its time for them to put their feet up. It wont be traditional pub fare
though! The weather has been particularly fine around the lonely Mountain, and
the butchers of Dale have had good business in their dealings with the dwarves.
The finest cuts of meat have all been packed to the mountain and the Mex Uzbans
have been preparing the great hall of the mountain for the feasts for many
years, but now they are moving the party outside of the Mountain. These dwarves
have moved the tables underneath the skies. </span></font></span>[/i]

<i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"></span>[/i]<i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">The Ankixogs have also been practising their music in
order to provide the finest entertainment possible in Wilderland while the Burx
Uzbans have brought over their finest kegs of ale and beer. For those of you
with delicate tastes they have also managed to procure some Dorwinion wine, but
beware if you choose to not taste the clans fine brew!</span>[/i]</font>
</span></font>

</span>All over the
clearing the dwarves have prepared the fires. You will find several barbecues
which you may use. You will be doing your own cooking, as well as taking out
any fires which you may have inadvertedly caused!</font>

</font></span>First off you
must go to the chief of the Mex Uzban (NPC Fimli) and choose your meat. The
ladies of the clan have prepared some other foods, which you may ask for, and
if they do not have they will simply prepare it for you! Let it not be said
that the dwarves are not accommodating!</font>

</span>For your drinks,
you need to take the mug that was given to you by the dwarf at the entrance of
the clearing. Use it to ask Dorin (NPC) of the Burx Uzbans to give you any brew
you fancy!</font>

</font></span>

All Plaza rules apply
Keep posts to a decent length
Keep it family friendly
Enjoy yourselves!</font>

Edited by: Beliowen

Dwimmerlaik
25/Jul/2011, 01:59 PM
Glorir
Morogs

Glorir had been deep beneath the mountain for days and nights on end. His long black beard was now thoroughly grey as he had been hacking away at the stone walls of caverns for far too long. It was all his own fault of course. He had travelled to Dale to sell gems at the market, and somehow had managed to let a mysterious stranger (i.e. some overly-friendly dwarf) pocket a handful of his goods and get away with it. Glorir had been punished quite badly for his carelessness and had been forced to work a great deal of overtime to make up for the thievery. He definitely deserved a break after all that. The Great Barbeque of 3014 was his chance to take that break. Although he was meant to be investigating and keeping an eye out for those suspects whom he remembered visiting his stall on that dreaded day in Dale, he planned on getting very full in the belly and very drunk on beer. He thought to himself that such behaviour might even help him in his investigations.

The dwarf wasn't dressed in anything you could call overly fancy, though he had washed his beard with some water, combed it, plaited it, and tucked it under his large and hefty belt. He looked just about as dashing as he would ever look. He marched out of the gates of the Lonely Mountain towards the barbeque. The smell of cooking meat hit his nostrils even from a far distance, and he suddenly envisioned himself stuffing his belly full beyond its capacity. As he entered the clearing, he gladly accepted his mug before strolling towards the famous Mr. Fimli son of Floin, to collect the lamb meat that he had specially requested. Raw and heavy lamb in his right hand, hanging at his side, he urged Dorin to fill his mug with the best beer on offer. The request was fulfilled quickly enough. Glorir didn't wait until he had found his own grill before he started drinking. He had more than half emptied his mug before he was even half way there. But he did make his way to a free grill where he quickly began seperating his bits of lamb, ready to be cooked to perfection. He wondered how long it would be before any of his fellow Morogs, or any friendly dwarves from other clans, joined him at his grill to cook their own meal.

Edited by: DwimmerIaik

Aisil
26/Jul/2011, 08:26 PM
NPC Nm - Dwarfette of the Burx Uzbans
Nm stumbled into the barbecue area, already rather tipsy before the event had even started. She was a proud member of the Burx Uzbans, former clan leader even, and had taken upon herself the important task of picking the ales for thebarbecue.. by tasting each and every one of them. She glanced around her, though she didn`t really manage to see much as her attention span had been reduced to the size of an ant, but failed torecognizeany of her fellow clan members.
</font>

</font>'Grumpy Morogs it is then' She muttered to herself before approaching Glorir. "Glorir, my friend! How have you been?" She said, patting him on his back roughly while letting out a hiccup. She barely knew the guy, but she somehow managed to recall his name from when they met a long long time ago. Or perhaps a very short time ago. Perhaps they never had met and she was just guessing too... she couldn`t be too sure about any of her thoughts anymore.</font>
</font>"Meat! Mine!" She exclaimed happily as she suddenly noticed they were standing right in front of the grill. The Burx Uzbans were very close to the Mex Uzbans, since they worked together a lot, so at least this time she was..mostly..certain that she had the right name as she called out to Fimlito prepare her some of his delicious meat. She was so hungry she could eat a pig. In face, she most likely would eat a pig. "Pig! I want pig!" She exclaimed to Fimli.</font>

Dwimmerlaik
31/Jul/2011, 04:43 AM
Glorir
Morogs

Glorir's meat was already on the grill, but he quickly realised he really had not asked for enough. What a mistake! He'd worked himself into such a stress about this gem thievery that he'd forgotten to eat properly lately, and the smell as the meat began to cook confirmed that the lamb in front of him would not be enough to fill him up. His large tankard of ale was already empty when he copped a rough pat on the back. Determined not to spray his mouthful of ale all over the grill, although that may have enhanced the flavour of the meat, he carefully swallowed the drink painfully before coughing heavily a few times. Then he turned to see who had joined him. "Ah!" he replied to the dwarf (Nm) standing in front of him. "Good to see you... my friend." He tried to keep the hint of confusion out of his voice. It had been too long since he'd spoken to a female and he definitely didn't want to appear rude and forgetful. Clearly his memory had been coated with dust and soot, for this dwarf knew his name, yet he could not put a name to her face.

Choosing the rather dangerous route of going along with it and pretending he knew who she was, he smiled and said, "Oh I've just been running all around the Mountain and Dale trying to find the scoundrel who stole my gems! But apart from that I'm just getting old and weary. How about you?" But suddenly his friend exclaimed that she wanted pig. "Pig! Why did I not think of that? Fimli, I'll have some pig too!"

He then pointed to the meat in front of him and said to Nm, "That there is clearly not enough," before patting his belly. "How about I refill our mugs while we wait for our pork?" Though he didn't wait for an answer and took the mug from his friend's hand and marched purposefully towards Dorin.

Edited by: DwimmerIaik

Aisil
31/Jul/2011, 01:13 PM
NPC Nm - Dwarfette of the Burx Uzbans</font>
</font>Nm</span>stared at the dwarf next to her, whom she`s earlier identified as a Morog, when he told her that someone had stolen his gems. Identifying people`s clans generally wasn`t very difficult, the drunk ones were the Burx`s, the fat ones the Mex`s, theaggressiveones were the Yugoks, the dramatic ones the Ankis, the weird ones the Kagams, which left the others -and especially the ones with shiny gems- to be Morogs. Of course, this only worked for feasts where people tended to show their true nature... she surely didn`t walk around drunk all day, every day. Mostly.</span></font></font>
</span></font><i style="-webkit-border-horiz&#111;ntal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">The point her brain was trying to make, was that the Morogs values their shiny gems more than anything, and stealing gems from a Morog was as foolish as putting a Mex on a diet. [/i]"He must`ve been real desperate to steal your gems. I bet you got an excruciatingly painful punishment all planned out for him" </span><i style="-webkit-border-horiz&#111;ntal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">She said with a slight smirk on her face. [/i]"I myself have been rather well actually, I haven`t been up to much lately. I aught to be getting off my behind and do somethingusefularound here again for once, but for now I`m enjoying doing nothing whatsoever too much" </span><i style="-webkit-border-horiz&#111;ntal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">She snickered.[/i]</font>
</span></font>"O yes, please do!" Nmsaid the moment Gloriroffered to get her another drink. Somewhere, deep down, her self-consciousness told her it wasn`t a good idea, but she was amazingly good at banishing the voice even further back into her mind.</span></font>

Edited by: Aisil Laegiel

Beliowen
07/Aug/2011, 10:15 PM
Alfskald</font>

Dwarf of the Ankixogs</font>
</font>He'd never understand why his mother had called him Alfskald or elf poet. That she had even thought about an elf when she saw him was preposterous. She had condemned him to a fate in with the Ankixogs, and while he dearly loved music a poet he was not. There was a pretty dwarfette Nim of Burx Uzbans who had struck his fancy lately but it seems that he often got tongue tied in her presence. He'd often seen her walking gracefully about the mountain, and once had even asked her for a date up to Ravenhill where his muse often struck. But he was in a pickle. His muse had not struck for a long time and he desperately needed something else. Poetry is considered to be the food of love, but now all her really wanted was some delicious barbecued meat and a good ale hopefully suggested by Nim.</font>
</font>His stomach rumbled almost as though it was an orchestra waiting for the conductor to start off a symphony, thus he decided he'd best stop these hunger pangs lest his poetry end up an amusing song. He stopped by Fimli son of Floinand decided that beef was ideal to help fortify him and maybe, just maybe spark though brain cells into life. He felt useless in his clan, and poetry was not going to get him that which he wanted most, and if he didn't get what he wanted, then he would have nothing at all!</font>
</font>And there he saw her. She was sitting with Glorir of the Morogs, who looked forlorn over lost gems. And they mentioned pork and again his stomach started to rumble. He was quite partial to pork but then any meat would make him salivate in hunger right now. "Varkin Glorir of the Morogs, and fair Nim of the Burx Uzbans," He turned to the lady and bowed. He could feel his long beard almost curling with his anxiety. " Fair Nim, it has been a while since we last had a rendez-vous at Ravenhill. It is such a pleasure to see you here. I fear that in the time I have not seen you I have lost my muse! Alas, I will require some of your brews, so tell me what shall I ask Master Dorin to get me? And of course, something for Glorir too! I am sure you know what is also ideal to go with the rustic taste of beef and pork."</font>

Dwimmerlaik
09/Aug/2011, 09:05 AM
Glorir
Morogs

"Yes I am going to burn his beard from bottom to top and shatter every bone in his body!" Glorir replied to Nim in a sudden rage. "A Morog's jewels are not to be snatched!!" His face became very red and he began huffing and puffing after working himself up. "Oh yes... drinks," he said as he calmed down a bit and remembered what he had been about to do.

As he turned to begin his march to the tent of the Burx Uzbans, he just managed to avoid bumping head-on into Alfskald. "Greetings young Alfskald!" replied Glorir to the dwarf's own greeting, then watched with high amusement as he bowed to Nim. Now why hadn't I thought to do that? he thought to himself. He knew full well who Alfskald was by sight, but had never heard the dwarf speak before. So when he did begin to speak, he was thoroughly intrigued by his flowing manner of speech. There was no doubting what clan he belonged to. "Yes do tell us!" Glorir piped in, regarding the matter of which brew they should drink. "And I'm getting the drinks this time, I've already got two mugs in my hands!" He waved Nim's mug around to help make his point.

corlisswyn
10/Aug/2011, 08:44 AM
Ludhin

Yukogs</font>

The smell of charring meat forced the 200-year-old dwarf to groan loudly in desire as he
stepped out into the sun. The light assaulted his eyes for a moment
before he readjusted; the burning embers of wood and coal are dim and
easy on the eyes compared to the sun.

It seemed that he was indeed early for the planned barbecue, though his
stomach would argue otherwise. Long overdue for refreshment it was, as evidenced by the empty mug handed to him as he entered the festivities. He
quickly made his way to Fimli, who was offering his choice of meat to
cook.

"Aye there Laddie, I'll take a full leg of that lamb there. The gamier
the better, if you know what I mean." Ludhin winked at the butcher.
Fimli pointed to a particularly large hunk of meat and Ludhin nodded in
agreement. "Where's the ale at? Its no barbecue without ale, now is it?" He gave a hearty laugh as Fimli pointed to a Burx Uzban he recognized as Dorin nearby. With a nod, Ludhin accepted the large raw hunk of meat and quickly proffered his mug to Dorin at the same time as a Morog handed over two mugs.

"Fill that there right up to the top, if you please. I'll be back to collect it in just a moment," he casually commented to the Burx Uzban. Ludhin also gave a polite bow to the Morog and stepped aside to an available roasting pit. The fire beneath the grilltop sputtered as the natural juices from the leg of lamb seeped below when placed on the grill, but quickly regained its tenacity. Flames licked the thin layer of fat surrounding the leg, and Ludhin's mouth salivated at the thought of a delicate crispy crust to his meal.

The lamb would take quite a while to cook, given its size, and only intermittent attention need to be paid to it while cooking. Seeing as he had time, and somehow he showed up early to the party, Ludhin first received his ale from Dorin and then gravitated to the small group of dwarves already in attendance.

"Greetings! I see we are going all out tonight! The Mex and Burx Uzbans planned quite a party, didn't they?" He held his mug out in salute, the varied burn marks along his forearm showing from underneath his shirt cuffs, evidence of over a century of blacksmithing and working with fire.</font>

Aisil
11/Aug/2011, 08:34 PM
NPC Nm - Dwarfette of the Burx Uzbans</font></span>
</font>Nm smiled happily as Alfskald, the charming dwarf she`d been on a date with some time ago, approached them and bowed to her. "Alfy!" She said happily before wrapping her arms around him in a hug, the alcohol having wiped away all of her shyness. "So wonderfull for you to have joined us" She said. "Haven seen you for so long, I was starting to fear you hadn`t enjoyed our littlerendezvous at the Ravenhill" She added after a while.</font>
</font>"Any ale brewn by the Burx Uzbans is amazing, after all we are the masters of ale. you can take any that catched your fancy!" She responded to him, and Glorir since he seemed rather interested in the aleas well. "If you`re looking for something special you could try the Cranberry Ale though, we`ve recently developed it and I can assure you it`s unlike any ale you`ve ever tasted" She said to both of them.</font>
</font>Soon after another dwarf, Ludhin, joined their party, commenting how well the Mex and Burx Uzbans had planned the party. "Couldn`t agree more.. the Burxes and Mexes are the only clans who can properly work together around here... collaborations between other clans always end up in fights" She said, laughing softly. The new dwarf was obviously a member of the Yukogs, the clan she was the least familiar with. The work they did was admirable though, so she definitely wouldn`t mind getting to know some of the members a bit better. "I`m Nm by the way, of the Burx" She added.</font>

Tornihyanda
13/Aug/2011, 05:49 PM
Tornihyanda, of the Yukogs
Tornihyanda walked slowly through the dusty path that drove him towards the Lonely Mountain.He had been long gone from those sites, travelling on a endless journey that was now coming to an end. His name hadn't been heard for ages now, for so long that he wondered if it had turned into some sort of legend. Or maybe they had even forgotten all about him. If they did, it was a totally deserved punishment for his absence.

Life was changing really quickly when he left the palaces underneath the Mountains, and somehow, he felt dislocated, as if he belonged to an ancient world that was now lost. He felt a urge for taking sometime to himself, alone. That was what made him leave the Mountains in the first place, years ago, with an unknown destiny on his plan. He couldn't tell for sure where he had been and which places he had visited, but he had a feeling that he must have had marched all over Middle-Earth. It had given him plenty of time to think about and to write a huge work about his travels and thoughts.But then, as quickly as he had decided to leave the Lonely Mountain, a calling for his return rose within his heart he faintly resisted to it. It was time to comeback and see what had happened at the place he once called home. He walked for days and night, under he burning sun and the gelid and icy rain, dirtying his heavy boots with the mud that covered the paths. The backpack looked every day more and more like an unbearable burden, but gritting his teeth and forgetting histiredness, he kept on walking with rare stoppages on his way.And then, he saw the high peak of the Lonely Mountain. He couldn't help but smile in satisfaction at the sight of such warm and welcoming landscape. Tornihyandarushed to move closer to it, noticing that the gates had been opened and there was a lot of traffic coming and going out of the citadel. It looked like they had organized a party, to celebrate the arrival of the Summer. Dwarves carried huge plates of delicious meat, as well as countless bottles with the best ale. It had been indeed a fortunate coincidence and the old Dwarf was more than glad to see all that movement. Hopefully they would still have a spare seat for him!

Dwimmerlaik
14/Aug/2011, 05:26 AM
Glorir
Morogs

"Cranberry ale it will be then," said Glorir taking the three mugs and heading towards the barrels of ale. Despite having arrived fairly early, he now actually had to wait quite some time in line before having the mugs filled. It seemed as if everyone was quite eager to try out this new brew. He joined in some discussion with fellow Morogs about how hard they were being worked lately, then got a few complaints out about how he'd been thieved of a good number of gems and how he was on the hunt for the criminal. He got some sympathy, definitely, but by the time he arrived at the end of the line and had filled the mugs, the dwarves around him were quite happy to see him gone.

In contrast, he was quite sure that Nim and Alfskald would be happy to see him back with the ale, for he had been gone for some time. In fact, they had a new arrival to the group in Ludhin. In addition to that, Fimli had become so impatient with Glorir not collecting the pork he'd asked for, that he'd come over and dumped it on the grill for him in the meantime. It now sizzled away alongside his lamb. "Greetings!" replied Glorir to Ludhin with a nod of the head, before handing over a mug each to Nim and Alfskald. "Drink up," he said to them with a smile.

Then turning back to the new arrival, he said "My name is Glorir, of the Morogs," and held out his hand for shaking. He did not realise that as he did this, his long black beard found its way into his own mug of ale and was getting a bit of a soaking. As he lowered his mug slightly, it surely became quite apparent to all those around him that the bottom portion of his beard had been somewhere it shoudn't have been. And then through the crowd came the surprising sight of a dwarf (Tornihyanda) who had not been around for quite some time. Glorir wasn't exactly sure how long it had been, and he had never known this dwarf personally, but he did know who he was. After waiting a bit and making sure his eyes were recognising properly, he cried, "Hail Tornihyanda, returned from his journies!"

corlisswyn
15/Aug/2011, 02:47 AM
Ludhin</font>

Yukogs</font>
</font>Ludhin</font> shifted his mug from his dominant hand to take </font>Glorir</font>'s in greeting and then he gave a curt nod to the dwarfette, </font>Nim</font>. His eyesight must be failing him from all those years in the dark blacksmithing caves; he didn't realize at first he was speaking to a dwarfette. "My lady."</font>
</font>The smell of charring lamb almost overcame </font>Ludhin</font> before his senses kicked in and he quickly rotated the large leg to keep it cooking evenly. A Mex Uzban he thankfully would never be--</font>Ludhin</font> suspected they would banish him when they realized just how bad he was at everything non-meat. Meat he could char and grill. Little bit of salt, some spices. But anything else? He suspected his horrific cooking skills might be one of the reasons he never found a mate.</font>
</font>As he rejoined the group, he noticed an unfamiliar dwarf come near. It was only when </font>Glorir</font> cried out it was </font>Tornihyanda</font> did he remember the tales of old of his clanmate. "Cheers!" </font>Ludhin</font> cried out as he raised his glass to the returning dwarf. "Come, you must join us! Tell us your journey!" He anticipated the tale by gathering his now cooked lamb and taking a seat at the table. Tales and food were meant to go together afterall.</font>

Tornihyanda
16/Aug/2011, 01:18 PM
Tornihyandahadn't still settled down when he heard a couple of voices calling out for his name. Well, it seemed that he hadn't been forgotten at all. Glad that he had found some company, the old Dwarf walked towards the table where Glorir and Ludhinstood, still unaware of their names. He was almost sure he hadn't met them before, otherwise he would have to pass by the shamefulembarrassmentof having to ask the name of people whose faces had completely vanished from his mind.</span>

"Varkin, my friends!" joyfully replied <b style="font-style: italic; ">Tornihyanda[/b]as he walked in their direction. "Indeed it's wonderful to be back to the Mountains! It was a long journey, but I will postpone the moment of telling about them, if you excuse me, because I'm starving!" he laughed lightly. "Any suggestion on the menu?" asked <b style="font-style: italic; ">Tornihyanda[/b], wondering where he could get some food. Another Dwarf promptly informed him that for food, he would have to talk <i style="font-weight: bold; ">Fimli[/i], the chief of the Mex Uzban who was in charge of distributing the meals. "One moment, I'll be back!" said the Dwarf, as he sprung out of the bench where he had just sat. Looking around for Fimli, he quickly found him and in large steps, joined the respectable chief. "Greetings, mighty Fimli! I've been walking for days and I'm really in the mood for a huge plate of meat! What could I have this evening?" wondered he, taking a quick scan at the boards that were at display in the wide tables. "What about some boar?" suggested Fimli. "It has just came out of the roster and it's delicious!" With a cheerful smile, he thanked the hit and carefully served himself of the steamy boar. After taking the cutlery as well, he nodded to Fimli and whirled on his heels, looking around for the place where he could get some drinks.</span>However, it seemed that he had somehow overseen the Dwarf at the entrance who was giving away all the mugs for the ale, and his punishment was to walk back to the passageway and get one. When everything was amended, he headed to the headquarters of Dorin, the bartender at service. "Hail, my good friend Dorin! Do you still have some Orcbite for me? I don't sip on that wonderful liquid in years! I've almost forgotten it's taste!" chuckled he, as he stretched his arm to give his mug to the bartender. "Of course we still have it! Take it and enjoy!" said Dorin, giving back the mug, but now full of ale.</span>With food and drink on his hands, it was time to return to his company and walking through the crowd that had in the meanwhile gathered at the barbecue, he finally made his way into the table. Fortunately, no one had taken his place and after laying the board and mug at the wood, he turned to Gorin and Ludhin and smiled. "So, where were we?"</span>

Valeh Eltoran
17/Aug/2011, 02:34 AM
Thodin</font>

Yukogs</font>
</font>For once, it seemed he was going to the right place at the right time... he was arriving at the Lonely Mountain's Barbecue, and his stomach was growling wildly with hunger. Smoothing his long and rather disastrously tangled brown beard, Thodinapproached the group of dwarves that seemed quite busy drinking, laughing and cooking meat. Just as he was getting closer, someone shoved a mug into his hands, and he looked at it appreciatively. He knew that as hungry as he was, he was going to have to wait until whatever meat he got was suitably cooked, so a drink would prove a good distraction. Meanwhile, though, choosing meat was a priority.</font>
</font>Clearing his throat a bit, he walked up to Fimli, grinning at him. He had seen this dwarf a few other times, in various events. "How have you been, Master Fimli?" he asked, slapping the other dwarf on the back. It was probably not a very smart move, since it almost got said Master Fimli's eye stabbed with his own knife, but being the kindly acquaintances they were, the matter was soon forgotten. Thodinleft the table with a load of pork, which he quickly set on the first empty part of a grill he could find, sighing with satisfaction as it made a sizzling noise on the hot iron.</font>
</font>Then, wiping his hands on his sides, he made his way towards the dwarf from theBurx Uzbans (Dorin), and got his mug filled with ale, which made him quite happy as he gulped half of it down. It was just as he swallowed that he noticed a dwarf of the Ankixogs (Alfskald), and he nearly choked. He couldn't really remember the face of the dwarf who loathed him after that... unfortunate incident, but he wasn't sticking around to find out. Quickly, Thodinshuffled sideways so that a few other dwarves hid him from the view of the unfortunate Ankixog dwarf, and he raised his mug in greeting, with a nod and a grin. "My friends!" he said, though at the moment he couldn't quite recognize anyone (though Thodinhad never been known for remembering faces... he was quite terrible at it, actually). "It's been some time since I've been able to enjoy company as great as yours!"</span></font>

Dwimmerlaik
17/Aug/2011, 01:56 PM
Glorir
Morogs

Glorir soon realised that his own meat was ready too. His leg of lamb had been sitting off the grill for a little while as his pork finished cooking, but now all was in order for his great feast to begin. The squat, solidly set dwarf hardly avoided bumping into people as he followed Ludhin's lead and headed to the table, taking a seat next to the red bearded Yukog who he'd just met. As Glorir leaned over and reached to grab a plate (the biggest, widest one he could get his hands on), he failed once more to avoid dunking his black beard in his large mug of ale. But he did not even notice. He was too preoccupied with the food. He piled potatoes and bread around his massive amount of meat, causing his plate to overflow. That did not bother him one bit, however. He began eating ravenously, as dwarves were famous for doing. Not one word was said to those around him.

Some time into his meal, Tornihyanda returned to the table and asked where they had left off. Not bothering to finish chewing his current mouthful properly, Glorir quickly replied, "I, Glorir Blackbeard, like Ludhin here, was waiting to hear the tale of your journies! Any lengthy absence such as yours becomes a talking point in the Mountain. I'm sure you will find many dwarves - dwarves who you do not know - that will be eager to hear your tale. But first eat up! One cannot properly tell a great tale on a famished belly."

Before Glorir could bury his head back into his food, another Yukog (Thodin) shuffled his way past some bodies and greeted the company at the table. "Hello!" the Morog replied with a smile. Thankfully he had managed to swallow his food properly by now, so the smile was not a nasty sight. "What are you doing? You look like you're hiding from someone, the way you shuffled over here!" He laughed and wondered who the fellow would be hiding from.

Aisil
21/Aug/2011, 08:11 PM
Burx-Uzbans</font>

</font>"Thank you Glorir!" Nm exclaimed as Glorir brought both her and Alfskald a pint of Cranberry Ale. "I was getting awfully close to beingdehydrated!" She said before letting out a loud laughter. It had most likely been only fifteen to thirty minutes ago since her last pint of ale.. but when you`re at a feast that is surely way too long! Unless you were assigned butler duties, like poor Dorin. As a member of the Burx Uzbans she`d had to go through that thing quite some times, and she never enjoyed herself quite as much when she was forced to stay sober to serve others. No, she much preferred to brew the ale and then attend the feasts as a guest so she could drink her self-brewed ale.</font>
</font>"I surely would love to hear the story of your journeys too!" Nm said to Tornihyanda with a grin. "It`s been a while since I`ve last seen you around these mountains. In fact, it might have been over a year ago" She said, trying to remember when she`d last seen the dwarf of the Yukogs.</font>
</font>Meanwhile, Alfskald - The dwarf she secretly fancied.. or not so secretly - seemed to be rather distracted so she poked him in the ribs to grab his attention. "Would you like to go out on another date with me?" She blurted out before she couldrealizejust what she was saying. A wild blush quickly spread on her cheeks while she frantically started looking for ways of escape from the situation.</font>

corlisswyn
22/Aug/2011, 07:52 PM
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:D&#111;notShowRevisi&#111;ns/>
<w:D&#111;notPrintRevisi&#111;ns/>
<w:D&#111;notShowComments/>
<w:D&#111;notShowInserti&#111;nsAndDeleti&#111;ns/>
<w:D&#111;notShowPropertyChanges/>
<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:D&#111;notPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:D&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:D&#111;ntFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="&amp;#45;-"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<!-->

<!--if gte mso 9>

<!--><!--if gte mso 9>

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

<!--><!--if gte mso 9>

<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<!-->

Ludhin

Yukog

Ludhin couldn't help
but follow Glorir's footsteps and pile his plate high, especially as he didn't
want to have to interrupt Tornihyanda's tale to get refills. He pushed
the leg bone of his lamb off the edge to make room for his favorite buttered
garlic potatoes with rosemary. He learned vicariously through other
foolish dwarves he wont name that to mess with the Mex is to earn gruel and
mush for meals until your tastebuds forget the sensation of real food. Treat them well and you shall be
rewarded. His favorite Mex must have remembered
how much he loved these potatoes and put them on the menu for todays event.

The long table was slowly beginning to fill,
though few of his clan had yet to emerge from their caves. Ludhin regularly gets the urge to forego the
company of other dwarves, preferring the rhythmic clanging of a hammer, the
fine sounds of etching as he engraves metal, and the clarity of mind when
concentrating wholeheartedly on the smallest details of a piece. But unlike some Yukogs, Ludhin forces himself
out and into the life of the mountain, to remind himself he is a dwarf, not
just a blacksmith. He certainly hoped
that the Yukogs would be well represented today.

Aye, indeed! Ludhin
cried out, his mouth still full with a hunk of lamb as Glorir urged Tornihyanda
to eat and share his tales of travel. He
washed down the half-chewed chunk with a gulp of ale. His attention was diverted when the
Dwarfette, Nm, took the bold lead and
confronted a male dwarf, directly asking if he would go out with her on a
date. Ludhin couldnt help but smile at
the gesture; He never really pursued a mate, nor was he ever pursued by a
dwarfette, especially one of Nms beauty.

</span></font>
</span></span></span>

Valeh Eltoran
25/Aug/2011, 03:01 AM
Thodin</font>

Yukogs</font>
</font>He laughed a bit uncomfortably when the Morog (Glorir)greeted him and asked him who he was hiding from. Was he being thatobvious about it? Of course not, and of course he was not hiding. More like... avoiding. He took another gulp from his mug and then shrugged. "Hiding? I'm not hiding..." he looked around rather anxiously, hoping the stocky figure of a nearby dwarf would cover him from the unknown Ankixog dwarf (Alfskald). Then he whispered "I may or may not have been involved in a rather nasty situation with an Ankixog... not sure if it's that oneyet, but if he is, then I'm better off hidden.." He shrugged, drank a bit more, and then eyed the dwarf he was talking about. A telltale sign would be whether or not he limped. If he did, Thodinwould gladly flee from the place before he was entangled in an uncomfortable confrontation.</font>
</font>But meanwhile, a dwarfette (Nim), whom he had only just noticed was conversing with the group, had just asked the same dwarf he was being wary about on a date. He chuckled to himself. Dwarfettes often surprised him with their forwardness and their cleverness. He hoped the dwarf accepted, not only for the dwarfette's sake, but for Thodin's own.. a distraction would be good, to give him time to identify him as the unfortunate dwarf he remembered...</font>

Tornihyanda
26/Aug/2011, 06:55 PM
Tornihyandalaughed at Glorir's remark concerning the incompatibility between telling a nice story and an empty stomach. "Indeed, my friend! And it get even worse when you travel for long time and during that period, you had no chance at all to take a bite at a nice chunk of meat! When you had no barbecue like this one! Oh, how I've missed this!" said Tornihyandawith a wide smile on his face as he sipped gently his mug full of Orc Bite. He would have drunk it all in a one and quick swallow, that would look rude and as a side effect, the drink would be finished in a glimpse of an eye. And as the Dwarf hated having an empty mug, it would need another travel to the bartender, what wasn't good either.</font></span>

Nm joined the conversation and remembered the Dwarf once again the time he had been gone. "Yes, it's likely that it has been an year, though I can't be sure. I doubt some one has ever recorded the day if my departure, because to tell you the truth, I didn't advertise it too much..." grinned Tornihyandaas he cut a piece of his boar meat. Now, I will have all the pleasure to tell you about my adventures, but you all will also have to get me up to date of everything that has changed in the Lonely Mountain. And I am sure much has changed over a year!"</font></span>However, soon the attention of Nm was droven away to another Dwarf. Overhearing their conversation, he quickly understood why was that and smiled to himself. A date... He didn't go on a date for ages now! He was too old for that kind of stuff, anyway, he thought to himself. Though he really missed the last date he had been to. It was now distant and vague, but he still had a couple of images of the event. Everything was getting more and more clear when he was once interrupted by another arrival, this time Thodin, another Dwarf he hadn't met before, but as he would know later, also belonged to the Yukogs. He had just approached Ludhin and certainly he would be a good addition to the table. As the old Dwarf liked to say, the more, the merrier!</font></span>

Dwimmerlaik
28/Aug/2011, 04:22 AM
Glorir
Morogs

There was a happy amount of laughing going on, which was a sign of a good feast. It was Glorir's own turn to laugh when Thodin denied hiding then followed it with some anxious looks. "Alright, not hiding!" he said and continued laughing as he listened to the whispered explanation from the Yukog. He was rather intrigued by what this particular definition of "nasty situation" was. He put his fork down and swallowed his last chunk of ham. "Tell me now," he replied in a loud voice so that he could be heard over the crowd, showing no consideration for the fact that Thodin clearly wanted to keep this quiet. "What exactly did you do to this Ankixog!?"

Glorir leaned back in his chair, patted his belly, then began pulling crumbs out of his long black beard. He'd made quite a mess while he feasted. The chair creaked rather uncomfortably under the strain of him leaning on it, and that was a clear sign to the Morog that he'd put on far too much weight in the last few months. He was getting older, spending more time eating and drinking than working like a good miner should.

Tornihyanda was seemingly intent on getting what he deserved before he told any tales of his own journies. And what he deserved was a good meal, and now apparently news of what had been happening in the Lonely Mountain during his absence. "Hmm... well!" replied Glorir. "King Dain Ironfoot is more popular than ever, for the Mountain has become even more prosperous since you left. Relations with Dale are very good, and they send many of their young ones to learn as apprentices under us. The clans are hard at work. Durin's Day is on the way!" The old dwarf thought that summed up the most of what was currently going on. He took a huge sip from his mug then smiled within himself. He was feeling rather peaceful now and most thoughts of hunting down thieves disappeared from his mind.