PDA

View Full Version : Deadman's Dike II



Beren Camlost
01/Aug/2011, 04:18 AM
</font>"Deadman's Dike?" said Butterbur, looking even more dubious. "That's haunted land, they say. None but a robber would go there." "The rangers go there," said Gandalf. "Deadman's
Dike, you say. So it has been called for long years; but its right
name, Barliman, is Fornost Erain, Norbury of Kings."

- The Lord of the Rings : The Return of the Kin - Homeward Bound
</font>


<b style="">__________________________________________________ _____________________

</font>[/b]
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/shadowsdefenders.jpg
</font>
<b style="">__________________________________________________ ______________________</font>[/b]
</font></font> Fornost. Once this was the capital of Arthedain, where the High King had his throne. However, dark times came to Eriador and in the year TA 1974 was the Norbury of Kings besieged by the hordes of Angmar in winter's heart and so fell the mighty city. In the following year was the power of Angmar crushed and the Witch-king fled ; so many long years later, naught but ruins remain of
this once glorious city. </font></font>
</font> It was never resettled and in this present day only those of ill repute often use it as a base. And, of
course, some also go there whose reputation is unjustly bad, namely the
Rangers of the North...

To the heirs of Westernesse, Fornost is a
place with great symbolic value. They will not allow ruffians and robbers
to claim it so easily or let the warmongers of Angmar reconquer the ancient city and use its fastness to launch attacks upon the good people of Eriador - even if this means they have to make Deadman's
Dike live up to its name...</font></font>
</font></font>*</font></font>
</font></font>Rules:
- All plaza rules apply
- Mostly just Rangers and bandits and ruffians would occupy the ruins of Fornost but I'm sure all of you will find an entertaining reason to be amidst the ruins. This is a free RP thread for both Ranger and non-Dúnedain alike.
- Any leader of a Ranger band - like</font> </font>Tolkus and Angel </font>- have the right to run Dúnedain mini-RPs here ; you may post giving orders in character and make GM prompts. The SCR holders of Aragorn and Halbarad may not take command of any band that is not theirs but either are welcome to participate with any mission group and honorably respect the rights of the band's leader. Of course though, Aragorn and Halbarad may lead any bands of their own here.
- If there are no active groups playing, Aigronding Mordagnir will be giving prompts.</font></font></font>
</font></font></font>
</font></font></font>Active Teams operating in Deadman's Dike II :</font></font></font>
</font></font></font>
</font></font></font></font></font>'Defenders of Fornost' - Angel's band :</font></font></font>
</font></font>Includes Rangers :</font></font></font>Beren Camlost (Aig)
Jaena (Alma)
Emeralda (Rill)
</font></font></font></span>Thorondil son of Thoróndur (Hallas)
</font>
</font></font></span>
</font></font></font>'The Shadow Company' - Tolkus' band :</font>

Includes Rangers :</font>
Khallador (Aig)
Halvorn son of Halvergil (Hallas)
Tarawen
Elegost
Dairen</font></font></font></font></font>Adalmund</font></font></font></font></font>
</font></font></font></font></font>With newcomer Gederas !

GM NOTE : THE TIME IS PRESENTLY SUMMER</font>

</font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
</font></font></font></font></font>












Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

kassiopi
02/Aug/2011, 10:09 AM
NPC: Mariane - bandit

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/ne&#111;nka/default/fantasy-art-luis-royo--large-msg-120344317929.jpg

The young girl observed her father tying the ropes and almost cried when the man' s hand squeezed under the pressure of the knot. But then she remembered what her father told her. She did not let the tears run down her face and decided to go and drink water from the pond nearby so she couldn't see anymore. Eventually she'd had to see, she knew that she could not always turn away from things that bothered her. From things unthinkable in her past life. But her past life had betrayed her. Now, she only had him and she knew she should obey him. The Lone Lands were not easy to live in. "Terrors", her father used to say, "terrors for those who don't make friends with the shadows". Mariane wanted to say that rangers did not made friends with the shadows and on the same time they lived quite well in the wilderness. But she didn't. Her father disliked rangers and the girl did not want to upset him. While drinking water she heard the scream. Her father had told the man not to scream in any case, so that must be serious, she thought. Without thinking she ran back to see if everything was alright and saw for the second time in her life a beheaded human being. She screamed bringing in her memory her own mother, just like this, with her grey dresses blooded and soaked with mud. And then the girl fell to oblivion and the woman woke up.

She kept dreaming these pictures, remembering exactly what her thoughts at that time were, the aliveness of the colors and the look on her father. If she looked in a glass or in the surface of the water she could see the exact same look. The empty black eyes with no shining, no life in them, the dead eyes. Mariane had acquired this look without realizing, from an innate move of defense, trying to avoid the cruel things her father showed her. If her eyes didn't see she wouldn't feel pain and pity and she would be strong enough to survive. She sent away these thoughts; she wasn't a person that occupied her mind with this kind of things. Always on business, she said to herself.

The morning mist of the North Downs assembled in the small valley in the hills where they had found sanctuary from the last night's storm. The sun had not come up from the Misty Mountains yet and an unearthly light covered the sky. Suddenly Mariane heard branches breaking and stones rolling in the dark path where they came. She instinctively drew her sword, a short blade that could hide really well below her dark cloak and which she had taken from a ruined grave nearly five years ago. Technically she did not took it herself; her father had lost his life by some mysterious creature that lurked in the crypt, but had managed to throw out of it the treasures. Most of them were worth nothing to the merchants she sold them but the sword cut very well and had beautiful carvings on it. Mariane looked to the entrance of the valley and she put her sword back when a short man she recognised as one of her two companions got in almost running. She stood and told him
"You could be less noisy". The man sighted and tried to breath and talk at the same time, something difficult because he breathed really fast.
" I thought I should come here to inform you about Fornost", he said when his breathing slowed down.
"What's happening in Fornost?" she asked immediately and rather abruptly. Her thoughts were usually in that ruined city the last few weeks. It was what that suspicious man had said in an inn in Bree. That he discovered a dungeon in the eastern end of the city and that there lied a great treasure. Maybe a dragon, he had said. She usually did not believe that kind of things and she didn't now, at least the dragon thing. But then she had met a ranger on her way back to their settlement and they walked together for a while and he told her he was going to Fornost. He didn't want to talk further on the matter and that was what made Mariane wonder. The ranger explained kindly that Fornost had to be protected but then silenced. They separated after a while but Fornost could not leave her mind.

"What of Fornost?', asked again.
"There was a group of bandits around there, very close to the city and no rangers to be found. I overheard them talking about a great operation and discussing the case of calling reinforcements. They seemed frightened because they had killed some rangers there and maybe the other rangers would seek revenge or something... They also thought some great artifact may be hidden in the dungeon and could not wait to explore it...But then... then a group of orcs arrived from the city and most fled, other killed. That is strange, because orcs never came near the city, the rangers protected it." He stopped and looked at her face. "What is to do?", he asked.

"Listen", she said, "we will go together. Fornost is not far to the south, just a couple of days' journey. You will then hide there nearby and I will try to deceit what rangers will be arriving, because they will. Their fellow rangers were slaughtered so they will want to clear this out... And we can rely on them to kill the orcs..." She stopped, imagining all the gold and silver she would find there. Possibly just rumors, because the great city had suffered a so absolute destruction and many of the valuable things hidden there were lost. But who knows, she thought. Maybe something remained. Maybe not only treasure but some gift of the elves, some powerful artifact from the old days. There were so many rumors heard in the wilds, about small creatures that owned items of mighty magic, some hobbits with cellars full of gold, yes, the silly short inhabitants of that green land. Why not her?

Mariane looked around at their settlement and really hoped this would be the last time she saw it. They were walking behind a shadow, but she had learnt to make friends with the shadows. They packed their supplies and weapons and Mariane collected a few plants she used often to make poisons. They were really effective against unsuspicious travelers, and even rangers some time. The plan had started. She was eager to begin, four men at her back, only two of them good fighters. She already imagined how it would be to have all the treasure on her own, without sharing. Perfect, she thought.

(OOC: Maybe when I reach Fornost any person who plays bandit can join me...but I don't have problem playing alone either</font>)






Edited by: kassiopi

Tolkus
04/Aug/2011, 03:04 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus </font>Khallador</font>Tarawen</font>Halvorn</font> The warm summer night was not too warm for a fire. One just long enough to cook a meal over on the outskirts of the ruines of Fornost. The Ruin City of Fornost was now a place were bandits would hold up or "adventurers" went looking for treasure. To the Rangers of the North this was a place once thier home, destroyed in the wars with Angmar, but not forgotten. This is where Shadow Company </font>has come to root out the unsavory nature that has take up residents here. Tolkus the leader of the band, age53 years old with shoulder leight blond hair,strange for a Dunedineyet Dunedine he is. Garbed in the colors ofgrey brown and faded greens perfect of blending in to the terrain he was in. He carries a bow and sowrd, quite skilled in both. An old campaginer he had heard of the troubles here when helping out fellow Rangers and Elves in Mithlond. He was able to pick some fellow Rangers to come and join him. Khallador, Tolkusmeet in Osdolen. Khallador was good friends with Tolkus' brother Lothar so he knew of his skill with a blade and a bow. Halvorn son of Halvergil he too Tolkus meet in Osdolen and learnd of the man and his abilities that would be most useful in this indevor. Tarawen, Tolkus had fought along side with before when they we part of a Ranger Elven Alliance. Her skill he knew first hand and was greatful when she joined the group. They were on the outter edge of Fornost on it's northern boarder camping here for the night. Come dawn they would journey into the ruins to scout out the area and discern what tehy needed to do. "Well my friends, enjoy the meal for tomarrow will be Khallador's turn to cook." Tolkus had sly laugh in the way he frazed that. "Relax tonight for who knows when we will get a chance for this again." Tolkus then asked, "We will set a watch tonight. I don't expect anything aournd here but you can never be to careful. Who would like to take first shift?"





Edited by: Tolkus

Hallas C. Pehwarin
04/Aug/2011, 10:27 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company



</font></font>The 59-year old northern d</font></font>únedain
was dressed in the hues of the forest; a long sleeve cotton green
shirt, a pair of suede leather black pants, and protecting his lower
legs and feet were a pair of tall knee brown leather boots. Over the
shirt rested a very worn yet serviceable tan suede leather jerkin with </font>detachable sleeves from the shoulder the
elbow each had a mesh of chain-mail
attached securely by leather points. The interior of the mail was lined with soft green
silk </font>to prevent chafing against the
garments resting underneath or any exposed skin.</font> Over this inner but well worn inner tunic was a hard short-sleeveless hard dark forest green leather tunic </font>
that offered moderate protection while not hindering mobility.
Protecting his lower body from waist to thigh was a matching </font>forest green</font> suede
leather traveling skirt, whose interior had a sheet of identical
chain-mail attached like the above mentioned inner tunic was secured by leather
points and interior lined with soft </font>green silk. Halvorn choose to protect his forearms with a two piece set of leather vambraces. An</font> inner
patterned guard and an outer plate of boiled tan</span></span></span></span></span></font> </font> leather tooled with</span></span></span></span></span></font> </font>a
set of seabird's wings and matching tan tabs to protect his
callused hands from injuries or carelessness.



</font>Over the waist of the
exterior hard leather tunic was his plain black leather belt. Attached
to it were his two brown leather pouches containing some healing herbs,
bandages, a tiny amount of coin, and some pipe weed that he'd bought
when he and his fellow rangers had stopped in the village of Bree to stock up on supplies. </font>On

the left hand side of the belt rested a long wooden scabbard covered in
dark blue leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. It was
fitted
with a steel locket and matching chape that was exactly the shape of the
steel conical pommel of his families ancient N</font>úmenorean longsword. Over this concealing attire was a long cotton dark grey cloak. At the nape of his meaty thick neck rested a circular silver broach. It featured a single silver six pointed rayed star and was the only ornament worn openly by all rangers including their revered and respected Chieftain. </font>Halvorn </font> stands tall with a great height of 6 foot and 5 inches continuing to guide his proud rough haired male horse named </font>Ondo (Craig) securing his reins to one of the still serviceable iron bars that jutted out from one of the crumbling walls of the ancient and forlorn city of Fornost Erain.

</font>Halvorn turned his shaggy deep brown haired head to one side when he heard his friend and leader of Shadow Company Tolkus speak. As the veteran ranger turned the fading sunlight illuminated his weathered yet fair face. </font>Halvorn had a high oval shaped forehead dominated by a thick crown of deep brown hair that cascaded down to the collar of his jerkin. Continuing on down to a pair of thin matching eyebrows.</font>Underneath them rested a pair of keen blue-grey colored eyes.</font> On either side of his face were to medium ears covered by his long rugged hair. In between the eyes rested a long aquiline nose, a pair of tanned cheeks followed coming down to a pair of pale pink lips, finally ending in curved chin which was covered in thick matching facial hair. His comrade and leader</font> informed them that is was Khallador's turn to cook the evening meal ,and that one of them would need to stand watch for the first part of the night. The seasoned ranger spoke up his deep bass voice cool and calm, "I take the first Watch my friend and leader."</font> Halvorn now waited patiently for </font>Tolkus's response to his request....

OOC: My color for Halvorn will be #000066. Any problems or concerns feel free to PM me at any time and I'll address them promptly.smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif</font>
</font>

Beren Camlost
05/Aug/2011, 03:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/TheDunedain/bear3.gif http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gif

Beren Camlost, Ranger-of-the-North. Defenders of Fornost
Khallador, Rangers of the North. Shadow Company

Beren burst into a gale of laughter at Tolkus' words and swatted comradely the limb of the old hale man, Halvorn, as if prompting him to laugh over the chief's words considering Khallador's cooking ; Beren, tittering, gave Tolkus a high five. Khallador Gibbes-slapped Beren - the last mayor of Bree, Jethro Gibbes, had been famous for striking members of his staff against their head whenever they did something he didn't like and thus was the 'Gibbes Slap' taken up by many in the hill-town ; Khallador frequented Bree these days and quite enjoyed the gesture - and his gray-eyed, bold and strong cousin tumbled away from the fire with a grunt. Beren was a stouthearted and affable, jocular man in his early thirties ; he was exceedingly handsome in a rugged sort of way and wore a pair of well-worn boots and was clad in a black leather jerkin and a black mantle lined with cloth-of-silver, a gift from an Avari wine-lord of Dorwinion whose fair but reckless daughter he saved from a Rhûn slave chief a year ago [ to be RP'ed in Lindon's Castles in the Sand</font> ] ; Beren had many adventures across Middle-earth for years before he had taken the Oath of the Rangers last autumn. Even his set of vambraces were dwarven make, a gift from Lord Hammerfist for Beren's slaying of the brutal Etten which threatened the Blacklock village in the Orocarni [ to be RP'ed in Lindon's Castles in the Sand</font> ].

In an ornate, moonstoned scabbard which leaned next to the bow was Beren's sword, Meglis, held ; the weapon was forged in Rivendell, a gift from the Herald of Elrond whom Beren was friends with. Meglis was hilted with gold and the sword's pommel was fashioned to resemble a roaring bear, garnets for eyes. Propped against a tree was Beren's recurve bow and quiver of arrows. Khallador was a lean, hard stern man in his late thirties though his fell experiences as a Ranger of the North had wrought him an older look ; his face was stony and scarred, and Khall's eyes were green and penetrating. He was clad in myriad hues of green and brown ; Khall wore a fedora which he loved near as much as his own kin. Khall's arms were a coiled buillwhip and a sword ; in an ancestral sheath, carried by his forefathers who were Rangers of the North made of a strange black metal which was light and strong and studded with many fiery stones, was Surya the blade of his paternal ancestors unsullied by time and unrusted. Surya's blade was keen and leaf-shaped, marvelous worksmanship ; the hilt was damasked with serpent forms in a peculiar red enamel and gold.

Tolkus, must I remind you and Halvorn that insects and earthworms, tubers and roots can be quite nutritious ? Khallador asked. Beren, returning to his erstwhile cross-legged position beside the fire, blanched. Of course you are correct, cos, Beren said and lifted the stick where the beautiful, succulent coney meat had been skewered ; Beren had hunted several for Shadow Company, but the thing is....Halvorn, Tolkus, Tarawen, and I don't like eating bugs unless we have to and we, and other sane human beings, much prefer to consume stuff that doesn't make us cringe. Like rabbit and boar meet. And fruit - he lifted a small wooden bowl that was full of delicious green berries that grew in these parts ; Beren had picked some - is much tastier than roots. He glanced at Tarawen, Tolkus, and Halvorn for succour on this matter. You really need to get yourself a girlfriend, mate, Beren said with a laugh and grimaced as Khallador munched on a frog's legs - he had persisted on eating his usual weird meals while the rest of them dined on more...tasty, sensible foods - and added, But I'm not sure how you're going to accomplish this with devouring stuff like - he pointed - that. Khallador swallowed and glowered at Beren. Cousin, aren't you assigned to Defenders of Fornost ? Beren made a lopsided grin, knowing that remark was coming. Indeed I am, Beren reasoned with a nod of his head after eating his share of seasoned rabbit - Beren had spice out of the East in his Pouch of Wondrous Things and had lightly sprinkled an amount on all the meats for the Rangers' delight - and glanced admiringly at Tarawen ; Beren was quite fond of women (and they were usually fond of him). But beauty provoked me into a slight detour... Camlost winked at Tara. Varda's stars, Khallador thought, rolling his eyes ; Beren could be annoying, at least Moriel and he deemed so. His cousin gestured extravagantly at the good dinner he had provided for the group, saying innocently, and I had to make sure all my friends were eating well.

Khallador snorted and threw a rock at Beren, which failed to strike his chuckling lucky cousin who ducked his head just in time . I'll be making my leave now though, wouldn't want to keep Emora waiting. Beren threw a handful of juicy green grapes, the last within the bowl, in his mouth and ate voraciously and with satisfied, pleasured sounds as he prepared to leave ; shouldering his burdens, he arose and reached for his quiver which he affixed to his opposite hip. He clapped Halvorn on the back. Take care of yourself, old man, he said and turned to Tolkus whom he was such good friends with ; Khallador though knew Lothar better. I will meet you again, my friend, Beren spoke, looking into his eyes as he firmly shook hands, on this side or the Other. Mortals held it that whenever one of their kind perished, a human's spirit came to the Halls of the seraph king Mandos in the blissful realm of Aman and there in his stark, dark abode they abided until such a time when the soul could move on to somewhere no one knew about. Beren waved at Khallador and his cousin gave him a rare smile, laying hand over heart, and watched the younger man take up his bow and leave him and the company then ; Beren disappear into the darkness to return to Emora and the Defenders.</font>



Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

kassiopi
05/Aug/2011, 09:25 AM
NPC: Mariane - bandit

http://94.100.121.103/303500001-303550000/303526101-303526200/303526145_5_Py9z.jpeg

The dusk had come, blood-painted at first, then, when the sun sank behind the hills on the horizon the light faded and left the world in a consuming darkness. Two days had passed since they started their journey and at last the ruins of the once great city of the kingdom of Arnor, Fornost. The dark-hooded girl, Mariane, walked to a narrow opening beneath the trees that circled Fornost from the north. They ha From somewhere in the ruins Mariane could see the smoke of a fire and assumed the Rangers were there already. She wondered if they knew that something strange was going on. But no, she thought, Rangers were not treasure-seekers, where treasure-protectors, whether there was one or not. They thought the ruins and collapsed towers were treasures, for god's shakes. Mariane did not had any hate for them, she just thought they were idiots that tried to preserve a world that had ceased to exist long before they were even born. The world now was about saving yourself and that's all. She was pushed to travel in the wilds and rob people to live, enticed by the wealth that she could find on dwarves, other merchants and even rangers or elves sometimes -she had robbed only one lonely elf so far- some times. Now a treasure would help her settle and from a steady base increase her wealth and power. It was not unusual to search for a treasure really. No one could say she was the first.

She ordered her men, Nutal and Lostmar, to stay hidden in that protected place. She would proceed and go have a look around. If they could pass from the rangers it would be great but as her partner told her there were orcs lurking around. She would most possibly forced to reveal herself. But she could work from then on. She changed clothes and wore a worn-out grey dress with patches and hid her short sword underneath. Then put on her green traveling cloak and on her face the innocent look of an eighteen years old woman. Pretty and vulnerable. She could even steal a few coins with this look, well, she hasn't tried it with rangers...She should be careful with them.

Under the new-born stars Mariane walked in the night towards the smoke and after a while she started hearing voices. She could see a group of rangers around a fire. The night was only beginning and they hadn't slept yet. She hid behind a huge rock and some bushes near them and waited to listen to their conversation.



Edited by: kassiopi

Tarawen
06/Aug/2011, 07:58 PM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North</font>The Shadow Company</font>
</font>The evening's lingering warmth was supplemented by the flickering fire and enhanced by the smells of dinner cooking. It was a long time coming, too. Tara sat cross-legged amid the circle Shadow Company rangers. Her hands, usually gloved, were now bare and occupied with re-stringing her bow at the moment. She was delicate on first impression, but her slender figure did not do justice to the strength she had acquired through many months of journeying north from Minas Tirith to join the Rangers, nor did it reflect her experience in battle. She was clothed in shades of brown and grey, her leather jerkin layered over a worn and stained grey dress--its weathered condition led it to look more brown than grey. She wore light leggings under the dress to keep her legs warm and more protected in the wild lands they were stationed in, and over them were layered deep brown boots, worn from tramping through the wild and on unkept paths.</font>
</font>Having finished re-stringing her bow, Tara rested it against a nearby tree trunk; its dark stain standing out against the natural brown of the tree's bark. It was not a special weapon of storied history and legendary make; rather, it was a bow typical of the guards of the southern realm that had come to her from her father. Similarly, her longsword Laegrist (keen-cleaver) that usually hung in a reinforced leather scabbard at her side had once been her father's, and seen some battle in the defense of Anorien in his younger days. Now she laid it down on the soft ground next to her, keeping it close for safety's sake. It was truly the only sword Tara had wielded, and for that it was the more meaningful to her.</font>
</font>The firelight flickered and illuminated the faces of her company: Tolkus, Halvorn, Khallador, and a man named Beren whose presence was a mystery to her. He was not one of the band, as far as she knew, though he was apparently related to Khallador. Being a woman, Tara felt a little on the outside of their talk, and she kept quiet at first while the others discussed food--typical of men, but also a subject that touched near to her, er, stomach. She was still hungry. Not being a shy person by nature, she spoke up. "The rabbit looks lovely, and it smells even better," she said, looking at Beren. "Hate to break it to you, Khallador, but if bugs are on the menu, I'll be finding my own food." She grinned at Beren, and blushed a bit when he commented on her looks--this was definitely not something she was used to, being a woman who preferred to run around getting dirty in the wild and killing evil things in bloody combat to preening and taking care of her appearance. To hide her embarrassment and sate her appetite Tara grabbed a stick stuck with coney meat and took a bite, savoring the rare flavors brought out by Beren's spices. She didn't think there was any harm in killing two birds with one stone, especially when the stone was savory food.</font>
</font>Having eaten her share and her fill, Tara took Tolkus's advice to relax while she could and leaned back, resting on her elbows and looking up at the night sky. Beautiful: seeing the lights of the stars in the wilderness was something she had yet to tire of. She was just admiring a particularly bright and twinkling star--Earendil, if she wasn't mistaken--when Beren got up to say his goodbyes and leave. "Well, we enjoyed your cooking at least," she said, insinuating a little apprehension about the picture of Khallador's cuisine that Beren had painted for them earlier. "That much will be missed. So, thanks for the meal. We'll meet again."</font>
</font>Knowing that Halvorn would take the first watch, Tara volunteered to take the second. "I really don't mind staying up when there are sights like this"--she gestured broadly at the night sky--"to see." She took a swig of water out of the lined leather canteen she carried with her, then looked over to where her horse Sirdal was standing, reins securely tied next to Ondo's. He had grazed his fill earlier and now seemed asleep. Her old friend didn't seem to mind the new setting, and neither did she.</font>











Edited by: Platypus

Hallas C. Pehwarin
07/Aug/2011, 04:45 AM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

Halvorn</font></font> listened to his fellow rangers Khallador, Beren, and Tarawen exchange playful banter about the evening meal. The seasoned ranger finally spoke his </font></font></font></font>deep bass voice filled with humor, " Well my friends </font>Khallador, Beren, and Tarawen bugs for dinner could be bad.... but beans would be worst with all of us passing gas to probably fell our enemies with the first whiff of it they inhale!" </font></font></font></font>Halvorn</font></font>'s </font></font></font></font>keen blue-grey colored eyes seemed shine with barely concealed humor as he chuckled.... He was glad though that their only female ranger</font> Tarawen</font></font></font></font> in their small band had volunteer to take the second watch and relieve him to rest for a few hours. The 59-year old northern </font>d</font></font>únedain
</font> slowly sat down on one of the crumbling white now grey stones that once been a major city of Arnor and later the capital of the splinter kingdom Arthedain. He sighed deeply and decided to sing a lay to help pass the time before going on watch. His deep bass voice was low and melodious as </font>Halvorn</font></font> </font></font></font></font>sang.

</font>"Long have our people lived upon Arda. " We strove against evilfor now three ages. " Never giving up or giving in to despair. " Even when the times were at their absolute darkness we survived through great sacrifice to continue on our race. " Still ruled by our great rulers the Chieftains of the North and Heirs to the High-Kingship </font>of the ancient kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor." "We are </font>D</font></font>únedain! " " We stand</font> against the darkness in all its potent forms aiding all who want and desire freedom to live again in peaceful and tranquil times again in Middle Earth..."

</font>Halvorn</font></font> ended his lay with quieter tone more reverent and respectful to those of their race who'd passed on protecting all those who wished to live free and enjoyment better times upon Middle Earth. He then turned his weathered handsome face to his fellow rangers wondering what their reaction would be to his burst of singing talent....</font></font> </font></font></font></font></font>

Angelikus Snape
07/Aug/2011, 09:29 AM
</span>http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Angelikus/Aishwarya-Rai_37.jpg

Athess ~ Defenders of Fornost
</span></font>
Beren Camlost (Aig)</font></font></span>
</span></font>Jaena (Alma)</font></font></span>
</span></font>Emeralda (Rill)</font></font></span>
</span></font>Thorondil son of Thoróndur (Hallas)

</font></font></span></font>On the Eastern outskirts of Fornost, a female Ranger with beautiful grey eyes, brownish colored hair and beautiful plump lips was staring at the campfire that she had made while waiting for the others to arrive. She was 35 years old in age but did not show it in her looks. After all, she was of Dunedain descent. Her cousin Emora should be leading this band but requested that she should lead this band instead. According to a letter she received, Emora did not want to leave Hyarion alone in Sarn Ford. She wanted to keep an eye out for Hyarion was still young and still had much to learn. She also stated that she serves as a balance to Hyarion's personality as the more cautious one. Athess understood all of her cousin's reasons that was why she was here in the first place.

Athess looks delicate, but do not be fooled. She is one tough lady and although still young by Dunedain standards, she was wise beyond her years, maybe even wiser and tougher than Emora herself. She had lots of experience in the wild and aware of most dangers in this place. This was the reason why Emora relinquished her post and gave it to her instead.

As she continued to wait for the others with the campfire burning, she decided to create a meal for those who would be arriving. After all, she wanted to introduce herself properly and nothing beats creating a good meal to have a conversation running. She then took out a pan and placed it safely and securely over the campfire. She then gathered some sausages and started to place them into the pan. The smell that wafted through the air smelled delicious as the smell of garlic and meat invited the senses to eat. While waiting for the others and the meat to cook, she hummed a joyful melody to lighted up the mood of what seemed like a gloomy night...
</font></span></font>

kassiopi
08/Aug/2011, 04:45 PM
Mariane, bandit

Mariane stayed crawling behind the rock and observed the company of the five rangers with interest. She saw one of them leaving after a while and from her safe place tried to make out the faces of the others. She managed to see a woman's face, not very common among the rangers. The other three were men but she could not see their faces. The fire light was dim and after their dinner, they were getting ready to sleep, except for one, the woman, who most possibly was going to stay awake. She must be a good ranger, she thought, not an amateur.

She thought of her choices. The treasure, if there was one, was near. But who knew what magic and what monsters protected it, otherwise someone else would have took it by now. The rangers were tough warriors and they could overcome almost any danger in the wilds. She put dirt on her face and tried to look scared. They were not only warriors after all but also kind descendants of a noble people. Suddenly, their words ceased when one of them started singing a song. His voice was clearer now and Mariane could almost understand what it was about. She felt, without wanting to, moved by the beautiful melody and of the words that described things she could never understand. Regret filled her and again rage for the cruel world that took her innocence away. But all this only for a moment. Then all the emotions flew away in the darkness, long before the ranger stopped singing.

Mariane stood up and she walked silently to the small fire.





Edited by: kassiopi

Tolkus
08/Aug/2011, 06:26 PM
Shadow Company</font> Shaking his head and laughing at Beren Tolkus said, "Told yall so." he then laughed a little and turned to Beren as he was leaving and siad, "Take care my friend and give my regaurds to Emora." He then laughed out loud to what Halvorn said. It was good to see all relaxing and enjoying themselves because one never knows when this will happen again. As Halvorn sang Tolkus almost went right tosleep. Suddenly waking from a muscle jerk Tolkus sat up and said, "That's a good one my friend. Well about time to kick the fire out and retire for the night." Just at that moment a russulling could be heard in the bushes. Quickly Tolkus jumped to his feet and put hand to sword hilt.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
08/Aug/2011, 08:10 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur

The veteran ranger riding his trusted and faithful 7 year old rough haired horse named</font></font></span></font> Roccondúr,(Marshall). His weathered face hidden by the hood of his cotton dark grey cloak continued to peer around the crumbling remains of once tall majestic buildings that had made up Fornost Erain. His emerald eyes then spotted nearby the flickering telltale signs of cooking fires..... </font>Thorondil </font></font></span>pulled on Rocco's reins commanding him to slow to a trot as 74-year old northern </font>d</font>únedain continued to scan for a good enough path toward the farthest fire. He commanded Rocco to stop and dismounted the soles of his tall knee high grey leather boots crushing scattered remnants of mortar and rock that had been payed stone streets of the city...

</font></font>Thorondil wore the attire that was commonly found worn among his fellow rangers; a long-sleeve cotton blue shirt, a pair of brown suede leather pants, and tall</font></font></span></font> knee high grey leather boots. Over that rested a</font></font> </font>slightly heavier short sleeved dark grey suede leather tunic, </font>whose sleeves from the shoulder the
elbow each had a mesh of chain-mail
attached securely by leather points. The interior of the mail was lined with soft tan
silk </font>to prevent chafing against the
garments resting underneath or any exposed skin.</font> </font>Over this inner but well worn inner tunic was</font> a sleeveless hard leather tan tunic; that had upon its front the White Tree of N</font></font></font>úmenor
in full flower surmounted by a single silver star and on either side
seabird's wings outstretched in solid silver die cast. This armor</span></font> offered moderate protection while not hindering mobility.
Protecting his lower body from waist to thigh was a matching tan suede
leather traveling skirt, whose interior had a sheet of identical
chain-mail attached like the above mentioned inner tunic was secured by leather
points and interior lined with soft </font></font></font>tan silk. </font>Over the entire outfit rested a long cotton dark grey cloak</font> its hood lowered, and upon the front at the nape of his slightly thick
neck rested a finely crafted broach. It was shaped in the likeness of rayed and 6
pointed silver star. This was the only present ornamentation worn by
all of the Rangers of the North, including their long lived Chieftains. </font>



</font>Thorondil protected
his forearms with a set of two-piece leather vambraces; an inner
patterned guard and an outer plate of boiled forest </span></span></span></span></span></font>green </font> leather tooled with</span></span></span></span></span></font> </font>a
set of seabird's wings and matching forest green tabs to protect his
callused hands from injuries or carelessness. Over the waist of the
exterior hard leather tunic was his plain brown leather belt. Attached
to it were his two brown leather pouches containing some healing herbs,
bandages, a tiny amount of coin, and some pipe weed that he'd brought
when he had stopped in the village of Bree.</font> On
the left hand side of the belt rested a long wooden scabbard covered in
tan leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. It was fitted
with a bronze locket and matching chape</font> that was identical to his the steel conical pommel of his </font>d</font>ú</span></font>nedain hand-and-half ranger sword. </font>The sword's crossguard was </span>a
simple of flattened
polished steel was etched on either side was the stylized pattern of two
seabird's wings outstretched in full flight and was inlaid with a bronze
filigree. The three and half foot steel blade followed and was given a
standard fuller down most of the length of the polished steel stopping
short before the end of the blade. It tapered off to a fine point
perfect for thrusting into more heavily armored foes, and was sharpened
on both sides!</font>

The aged ranger now led his steed by the reins toward the fire. </font>Thorondil then secured Rocco to one of the few iron bars that jutted out from the crumbling walls of long ago buildings. It was thankfully located near the fire enough for the person sitting there to notice him and his steed... </span></span></span></span></span></font>Thorondil then lowered the hood of his dark grey cloak and revealed his weathered face. The 74-year old dúnedain </span></span></span></span></span></font>had long shoulder length dark
brown hair flecked with a few strands of grey,
two thick dark brown eyebrows, two keen emerald colored eyes, though
beside his right one rested a long scar from one of the many skirmishes
that he had with orcs and wargs, resting in between them
is a long aquiline nose, a pair of tanned weather cheekbones on either
side showed that he has traveled a great deal in countless years as a
Ranger. Either side of his face were two large ears covered by his
shaggy
long dark brown hair. Below the nose rests a pair of pale pink lips
forming his mouth, after that comes his rounded chin upon which rests a
scar running diagonal for about five inches another trophy from fight
against evil hill men in cold regions of Witch-king's former realm of
Angmar... </font></span></span></span></span></span></font>Thorondil finally speaks his deep basso voice cool and alert, "Good evening fellow ranger I'm </span></span></span></span></span></font>Thorondil son of Thoróndur." "I was supposed to meet one of my fellow rangers Emora who leads our band." "Do you know her by chance?"</font></font></span></font> Now the aged ranger chooses to remain standing while awaiting with patience a reply to his questions and introduction.</font> </font>

Tarawen
08/Aug/2011, 08:16 PM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North</font></font>The Shadow Company</font></font>
</font>She had dozed lightly under the stars, letting the evening breeze and Halvorn's singing lull her to sleep. She knew it would be her turn to take the watch next, but wanted to get in at least a bit of rest before she was on duty, and she trusted Halvorn to wake her when it was her turn. Her steely eyes were lidded and she lay on her back, hands behind her head with her cloak (unnecessary in the warmth of summer) folded up beneath her hands as a pillow. Laegrist was once again at her waist, and her bow was at her side. Even when going to sleep, Tara knew she must be armed and ready should the need for weapons arise.</font>
</font>She was dreaming of an old man dancing wildly in the forest, singing loudly and shrouded in smoke, occasionally illuminated by bright flashing lights that popped in the air and then faded. The old man appeared to be conjuring something in the shape of a large rabbit from amid the smoke and flashing lights; she could tell by the shadow it cast in the haze of the smoke when the lights popped. "A wish! A fish! A dish! Deelish! Ha ha!" he cried. Her subconscious was reflecting to itself how odd this dream was, when the man disappeared into the bushes, cackling madly! There was no large rabbit-creature to be seen. How strange. She heard a rustle in the dream-bushes, though, and turned toward them. Emerging from the bushes was the rabbit, eyes red and teeth strangely sharp and dangerous-looking. It wheezed a bit at her, then smirked. "Weird," she thought. There was a moment when dream-Tara blinked, and In the rabbit's place, there stood Tolkus in the dim and dying firelight, alert and listening attentively, looking concernedly toward a clump of bushes on the edge of their camp.</font>
</font>It seemed the rustle of bushes had been a real sound, and that this had been the fine line between dreams and reality tonight. Blinking rapidly so as to regain full consciousness quickly, Tara stood swiftly and as soundlessly as she might, placing her right hand on Laegrist's hilt. She made silent eye contact with Tolkus and Halvorn, whose singing had stopped, and then followed Tolkus's line of vision to see what was going on. Another rustle in the bushes and her muscles tensed, her jaw clenching and hand tightening around the hilt of her sword.</font>








Edited by: Platypus

kassiopi
09/Aug/2011, 08:07 AM
Mariane, bandit

As she expected the rangers were alert to the sounds she caused. Her heart beat unexpectedly but she calmed down. She could see the woman standing up and another ranger who seemed to have fallen asleep before. She walked slowly towards them and tried to look tired.
"Kind wanderers of the wilds, I hope you are... Could you give me shelter from the night? I have been lost for a lot of time it seems and have strayed from my road I fear..."
Did she seem innocent enough so they wouldn't ask her a thing? But she knew that, no matter what, she should make them head towards the treasure, wherever it was among the ruins. If she delayed a lot maybe more bandits would arrive, because news of such wealth and power traveled quickly in these lands and especially to those that cared enough.

Tolkus
10/Aug/2011, 01:10 AM
Shadow Company</font> The emergance of a young women from the bushes was quite unexpected. Tolkus relaxed his grip on his sword hilt when the woman spoke. "Come sit by the fire. Rest yourself, you'll find safty here. I am Tolkus leader of this company." Tolkus told the woman. As the woman entered the fire light Tolkus said to her, "We are the protectors of this land and we shall give you all the help we can." He gave her an apple to eat, "Here have something. An prey, tell of your slef please." As Tolkus said this he looked to the others with a bit of concern in his eyes. It wasn't that he didn't trust the woman but one could never be too careful in these lands.

Asha'bellanar
10/Aug/2011, 05:44 PM
Elegost NPC
The Shadow Company

Not long after he had sworn his Oath, did Elegost ask to join the Shadow Company in Fornost. To protect the once great city, with those who sought to maintain its remaining sanctity among the ruins. Also in Osdolen did he purchase new gear and even companions. Dark brown and green attire, made up of layers of thick fabric and leather. A silk tunic under a long-sleeved tunic and leggings, over that, a sleeve-less leather waistcoat, and finally, another long coat. With the addition of leather vambraces, dark boots, and leather belt with the sheath of his blade. It would protect him sufficiently, despite the lack of chainmail, for he seldom fought at close range. He specialized with a bow and arrow and long distance attacks, he did however, strap a sword with him. Should the situation occur, when he could not defend himself with his primary weapon. His natural patience and collected manner, made him both an excellent ranger and accomplished archer.

His keen-eyed falcon, Hérion, walked about freely around the fire with those there. Returning to his master on occasion, seated away from the rest with his back turned. Elegost ate for supplementing nutrition and necessity, but found it best to stay on a light stomach for speed in response and movement. Nor was he much tempted to fill his belly with the particular menu of today, though </font>Hérion</font> might disagree. He sat to read a letter that had come to him from his elven friend in Rivendell, dark fabrics cloaked him overall and the lower half of his face. Though he had received it while in Bree, Elegost had found no time to read her message on his journey to Osdolen, or there, not until now. Laerina had sent word to him, wishing him blessings of good fortune and looking forward to seeing him in the Valley during his next visit.

Since he had saved her from ruffians almost a year ago, she had never stopped being grateful to him. Honored, Elegost remained friends with her, and accepted her letters, gifts, and hospitality. Though he did wonder from time to time, why she seemed to immensely fond of him. Could she be-? No, it can't be. The ranger shook his head at the very thought, he was perhaps, flattering himself with the idea that a pretty, fair maiden as her could ever think of him, enamored. No, it isn't so.

He had been a bit unnoticed by the others, though Elegost had certainly raised his hand at Beren's leave, and laughed from where he was, at the talk regarding their supper. He remained sitting, reading the letter, until his mare Nionwen jolted at what seemed to be nothing. Elegost walked to calm her, so she wouldn't startle the other horses she was tied next to. "It's only a mouse" he joked, then went towards the fire and tossed the note he had finished reading. Still a bit concerned with Nionwen's sudden anxiety, he stood, looking out from their station at what his steed may have heard. Holding his bow in one hand.

With the rustle of someone coming out from behind some bushes, in a flash, Elegost had pulled an arrow from his quiver and aimed at the figure approaching. With the sight of a young woman (Mariane), the ranger looked to Tolkus. Seeing their leader welcome her, Elegost lowered his bow and relaxed once again. Just a woman, its alright. He moved to join the others now by the fire, as </font>Hérion </font>perched himself on his shoulder. He would greet the young stranger, but stay on his toes.

</font>http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%203/Elegost.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Hri&#111;n.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg

kassiopi
10/Aug/2011, 06:29 PM
Mariane - bandit

Mariane almost admired the kindness the ranger showed her; if she was in his position she would probably threaten to wound the stranger if they moved, man or woman or child. But she had a feeling that it was not only kindness that led this man's actions, it was also confidence. She hadn't met other rangers for some years, not after her father died in that tomb. But most of them were really experienced to try to deceit them. Well, there was a first time for everything!

Another ranger (Elegost) had stood up suddenly but Mariane did not expect nothing less. He pointed his bow to her and Mariane thought she should be especially careful to him. The darkness protected her face until now but now she stepped into the bright light of the fire and revealed herself. So many well-trained and professional warriors, what was she doing? "Fool", she thought but then sent away the doubts. She couldn't doubt her abilities. She accepted the apple the older ranger gave her and pretended to be shy...
"Thank you for accepting me in your company...Are...are you rangers?" she asked in a suspicious way since most people lately were suspicious of them. "If you are I have no problem, really, you seem good... I just wanted to find someone to help me return home...Not much there now. Nothing really. My family...lost..."
She shed some tears but quickly put her hands on her face to dry them. She didn't want to seem entirely weak. "Forgive me, good people. My name is Mariane. I lost my family recently and was wandering in the wilds for some time. They were killed by orcs and they would have killed me too if I hadn't escaped. I heard them talking but couldn't understand them. The only thing I understood was the name Fornost, which I've heard in tales..."
She stopped suddenly waiting for their response to her words. The shades that the fire created prevented her from seeing their faces and expressions and she really wanted to know what they thought about her story.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
10/Aug/2011, 09:23 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

</font></font></font></font>The 59-year old northern d</font></font>únedain ranger continued to eye their newcomer with suspicion. Who'd startled at least two of the the small band by moving around in the nearby bushes... The laith young woman called herself Mariane and that she'd recently lost her family. Halvorn's keen blue-grey eyes turned toward his fellow rangers Khallador, Elegost, Tarawen, and his young leader Tolkus wondering what their reaction would be to this sad account..... He then stood up to his full height of 6 foot and 5 inches. His whole body was muscular especially in both arms and legs from countless hours of traveling either by foot or riding his good steed,</font> Ondo (Craig). Most of the young and vibrate d</font>únedain women considered him to be a lean figure, yet carried still had a proud demeanor in the way he spoke and moved about the whole of Eriador.... </font>Halvorn</font> finally spoke his deep bass voice cool and warm, " Well young one I'm certain we can help you in this trouble situation." The veteran ranger then turned his weathered fair face to the young woman gazing at her with his keen blue-grey eyes.....</font>

Tarawen
11/Aug/2011, 01:26 AM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North
The Shadow Company

Her body tense and still, Tara's eyes moved from Mariane to Tolkus as each spoke in turn. Her eyes betrayed her suspicion of the newcomer, narrowing as she told her tale. She was not one quick to trust. For her, it was a privilege to be earned, not one given on a whim--especially not at night and amid ancient ruins, long turned wild. But she trusted also to her captain's capacity to make decisions for the group, and so her concerns went unvoiced for the time being. She'd learned from experience that it was sometimes just better to hold one's tongue, especially when it came to contradicting an authority figure. Oh, how she had learned that lesson well. Still, she remained tense and on edge.

Family dead . . . murdered by orcs . . . An engaging story, but also one that would take little effort to fabricate. Tara had no reason to believe it, yet no real good reason to disbelieve it other than her innate distrust of strangers who sneak up on encamped groups in the dead of night. Sure, the girl must be hungry, but nighttime was not the ideal setting for cheery introductions. There was a reason they were called the dark forces, after all.

She took a step back as others approached the gathering--Elegost, for one, who had till now kept rather quiet. Halvorn welcomed her as Tolkus had done, but Tara could see that they were not yet willing to trust blindly. "That's a relief," she thought, observing the firelight flicker over Mariane's dirt-smeared face. Tara took a step towards Egros, her bow, and stood with legs shoulder-width apart, arms at her hips. She glanced swiftly at Elegost, Tolkus and Halvorn, repositioning herself slightly so that the four of them formed a square around the newcomer--just in case.

</font>



Edited by: Platypus

Rian Eliowen
11/Aug/2011, 09:54 AM
NPC Dairen - Shadow Company
Dairen had joined the Shadow company at the same time as Elegost, and was secretly delighted to be in the same company as the feisty Tarawen who had taken her oath at the same table as himself and Elegost. She seemed so brave and confident, and unlike other women whom Dairen had met on his travels. Dairen who was naturally taciturn and communicated little found her lack of inhibition refreshing and admired her forthright manner. He had not spoken much to her however, and had chiefly been preoccupied in fitting in with his new company, learning as much as he could about woodscraft and keeping track of their bearings in the wild, as it had been many years since he had lived in Eriador, and most of his soldiering experience had been in cities and towns.
Dairen had been on watch on the other side of the camp from where the woman (Mariane) had just been found, and he had just returned to the others, having been relieved by another ranger. He stayed in the shadows, watching and listening to the situation as it unfolded. He kept his hand near his sword and did not relax his guard - he felt instinctively that something was up.

Tolkus
12/Aug/2011, 03:27 PM
Shadow Company</font>"That is a story heard to offten in these times I'm affraid. You have my sympathies." Tolkus said to Mariane. Then he sat down close to her and joined her in eating. Taking a bite from an apple Tolkus nonchalantly looked around to the others in the group and with his eyes and a head nod said to Halvorn, Elegost and Tarawen to sit, while signaling Dairen and Khallador with finger jesturs behind his backto gently step away from the lgihtand search about where the woman had come from. "Where are you headed to now if I may ask?" Tolkus had turned his attention back to Mariane.

Tarawen
13/Aug/2011, 06:47 AM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North
The Shadow Company

At Tolkus's command, she seated herself--still wary and tense--on the ground near to her leader and Mariane. She noticed the lightning-quick hand signals he gave to two of the others and was satisfied for the moment with the investigation. One of these men (Dairen) she did not know too well, as he had been quiet throughout their journey--but she did know him from Osdolen. She remembered with some amusement how she had interrupted Dairen's conversation with Aragorn son of Arathorn at the Four Winds. After coming clean on his identity, Aragorn had administered the oath to both of them. Back then, chances to withhold trust and sit tense and ready to fight were but a dream.

She grabbed an apple as well, taking a loud, crisp bite of it and chewing it in silence as Tolkus carried on a conversation with the newcomer. "What could she possibly have to say to that," Tara wondered when Tolkus asked Mariane about her destination, "that would be reasonable and justify her being here, watching us in the dead of night? She's giving me the creeps." This last thought occurred to her when she saw the empty, emotionless quality in Mariane's eyes in a flicker of firelight. "Such little expression . . . she's hiding something," Tara decided inwardly.

She took another bite of her apple as she looked from person to person in their little group. The fruit's sweet juice provided some welcome moisture for her; she was parched after waking up to such a tense moment. Realizing this, Tara took a long draught from her canteen. When finished she laid it down at her feet, next to her bow. Still silent, she continued to eat, holding her apple with her left hand to keep her sword hand free.
</font>

Edited by: Platypus

kassiopi
13/Aug/2011, 10:45 AM
NPC: Mariane - bandit


The ranger with the blue eyes (Halvorn) talked kindly to her and offered to help but Mariane's attention was to the woman that she had noticed first (Tara). She had a distrustful look on her eyes and moved slightly. Mariane could not but notice how she was surrounded by the rangers, in a non-threatening way but certainly cautious. She tried to pretend she didn't observe that. But then the ranger that talked first to her (Tolkus) sat beside her and broke the square. Mariane admired again his confidence and she could see now that he was obviously the leader of this group.
"I head nowhere", she said in a low voice, "I mean I can't head nowhere. I'm lost! I know where I would like to head though..." She looked at the ranger. He still seemed calm and not alarmed really by the fact that the imaginary orcs had talked about Fornost. She should insist on turning his attention to this. "I don't want to go home yet. Not really. I want to take revenge for my family. Maybe you could help me? If of course you are enemies of the shadow. You seem too kind to be evil but you never know in these days..." She silenced, considering the irony of her words. Then, she looked suspiciously to the shadows around the camp. Was there a movement there? Maybe she imagined it, she thought. However, she considered the possibility that there was another ranger there, lurking in the darkness. Another movement caught her attention, on the shoulder of one of the rangers (Elegost). It was a falcon and it was watching her suspiciously. Mariane could never get used to these animals that belonged to warriors or guarded people. They just seemed smarter and more dangerous. She saw the female ranger (Tara)sitting down as well, grabbing an apple and watching the other members of the company. She seemed alarmed indeed and even though she had sat down there was still something about her that made Mariane worry. That woman did not trust her at all.

She put her fingers through her dark chestnut hair. If they didn't help her she would have to deal with all the guardians of the treasure alone and that was something she didn't want to. "I know that this kind of creatures shouldn't roam these lands. They are evil. I know the basics of fighting but I can't kill them alone. Will you help me to track them down and kill them...I will be forever in debt to you..." Mariane could almost believe her own words. After all, there were orcs in Fornost, that was certain. And if she wasn't a bandit and a killer for some years, the rangers would have no reason of being against her in this. It was just a treasure she wanted, not to conquer the world!"Of course you have no obligation towards me. If you don't help me I'll just have to go home..."

Rian Eliowen
15/Aug/2011, 03:59 AM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">Dairen quickly understood Tolkus' signal that he was to quietly withdraw and circle around the camp to see if there was anyone else hiding in the shadows. Becoming instantly alert, despite having been on watch for the past few hours, he tried to put into practice the recent lessons in woodscraft he had been given. He slowly stepped back into the darkness of the surrounding trees and indicated to Khallador with an arm gesture that he would circle to the right. It was difficult not totread on deadsticks lying on the groundwhich might crack and make a noise, and the foliage was so close that he had to duck under some branches to avoid making anyrustling sounds. Hetook his dagger from its pouch, deciding it would be easier to move stealthily with that as a weapon, rather than try to manage his unsheathed sword as well. He took his time finding rock and stone tostep on rather than the crunchy leaves, and stopped every little while to listen for any sounds that might indicatesomething untoward or the presence of anyone waiting in the darkness. He could still hear the muted voices of Tolkus and the strange woman as they spoke further. It seemed unlikely that a woman would be out here alone in the dark but it was difficult to see much in the gloom. He hoped that Khallador would becoming around from the other side, shortly so that they could complete the search.Edited by: Rian Eliowen

Tolkus
22/Aug/2011, 03:12 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus watched Mariane cosely, her movement her tone of speach. Each of these are clues to the type person the Companywas dealing with. Then he said to her, "Rest asured we are enimies of the Eye and no vile thing shall enter this sacrad place and live." there was a taste of distain in Tolkus' voice as he spoke.Tolkus' demener changed as to soften when he realized how this must look and sound to the young woman. He smiled to her and siad, "Revenge is a dagerious thing mlady. Even a seasoned warriorhasto be carfule around Orcs. It's no place for someone like youself." He then paused and repostioned himself so that his point could be taken with more importance. "We will be gald to escourt you to the borders of this land, to theGreenway where you may go south and find refuge. To attack a band of Orcs here, takes skill of quiet and presision. Also to know when to hold back." Tolkus then stood and walked over to the edge of the fire light and looked into the darkness of the forest. He returned to the fire andwalkedbeside Mariane. "It is not safe for you here and we can escourt you to the road come morning. Rest now while you can." Tolkus walked over by Tarawen sat down and relaxed.



Edited by: Tolkus

Asha'bellanar
23/Aug/2011, 05:24 AM
Elegost NPC
The Shadow Company

</font>With indication from Tolkus, Elegost sat himself down by the fire. He turned occasionally as the young woman spun her tragic tale and desires of revenge. Very believable, perhaps, too much. It was not that he had no heart, for the world was broken, and Elegost
knew, all too many lives were touched by minions of the Darkness.
Still, there something about this one, he just felt it in his gut. But
without visible evidence to support his suspicion, he would say nothing.
Tolkus had his trust, as did the other members of the company.
Because he could not reveal his disbelief openly, he reached simply for a
small pouch of blackberries and began to eat. Truth was, he wasn't
hungry. But with Mariane's cunning in their presence, Elegost
relied on the company's knowledge of his appetites to see that he did
not trust her, though he knew already, they didn't quite either. He
smiled at the young woman and pushed some fruit her way. "I'm so
sorry to hear of your loss, but he's right, vengeance won't bring your
family back. All you can do now is move forward with your life and get
to a safe place. Young women such as you have much still to live for...
hungry?" he said, changing his character from suspicious to sympathetic, for now.

</font>
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%203/Elegost.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Hri&#111;n.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg

kassiopi
23/Aug/2011, 12:17 PM
Mariane, bandit

Mariane half expected the rangers' response. She didn't show anything with her eyes, she just looked around to the other rangers, observing them carefully but not suspiciously. She trusted them now, or that's what she wanted them to think. Their leader (Tolkus) suggestion to escort her to the borders of the land was not in her plans really but she had expected it too. And she decided to act like it. "My lord, your reassurance that the evil creatures will be dead soon is enough for me. I see you are honored people and I shall leave my revenge to your hands. I may know the sword but I'm no warrior really, you are right. I should go back to Bree, even if I have no one there. It will be safer..." She spoke the words without believing them really, like the small child that accepts their fate because there's nothing they can do against the will of the grown ups. The road was not far away but she would loose time possibly. However, she knew those lands almost as well as the rangers did and she would be back soon. Her men would wait for her and anyway the rangers would take care of the orcs. She looked down for a while and then the other ranger with the falcon (Elegost)on his shoulder talked to her. She indeed took an apple. She wasn't hungry really but as a lost woman in the wilds she should be. "Thank you", she said to the young man and then watched him curiously. Mariane almost forgot her plans and asked him "How did you become a ranger?" Maybe, if they thought she had such ambitions as to become a ranger they wouldn't send her away. There was another reason however for asking. She hated rangers, or so she had learned to, but always had a great curiosity and deep inside her an admiration for these people. She wasn't sure, but she thought they were descendants of an old royal race, and she was surely not one of them. But there was this time when she admired them and wanted to learn more about them and now she had a chance.

Shadow Company:OOC




Edited by: kassiopi

Asha'bellanar
24/Aug/2011, 10:40 PM
<DIV marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" ="WebWizRTE">
Elegost NPC<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
The Shadow Company<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
"I wanted to help defend those lands that once belonged to our own" replied Elegost to Mariane, "I set out from where I was and joined the others here..." He was a little taken back by the young woman's curiousity,and because he knew so little of her beyond what she had shared, he gave no further details as to his becoming of a ranger, if she wanted to know more,Tolkus or the others could answer her inquiry. For he knew well, if she was not the victim she said she was, there could be many more like her, lurking in the shadows of the ruins tonight.
<DIV>
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV>
<DIV align=right><O:P>http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%203/Elegost.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Hri&#111;n.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg</O:P>
Selene, Jiesuh, Jasper, Pike, &amp; Gritta NPCs<O:P></O:P>
Bandits - The Mountain Snakes<O:P></O:P>
<DIV>
<DIV align=center>http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Selene-1.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Jiesuh.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Jasper.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Gritta.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/img_2863_thief-1.jpg
<O:P></O:P>
<DIV><O:P></O:P>
A dark haired woman of twenty-seven years reclined against a large broken pillar, waiting.A sliver ofmoonlight shone down on her sturdy figure and that of a younger female standing away from her. "They should have come by now" she said, rather impatiently. "They'll be here. Don't have anywhere else to go, believe me" replied Selene, still keeping her head down as she reclined. "Keep quiet Gritta, your complaints have gotten us nowhere. Now shut your mouth and keep your eyes out to the ruins" she said sternly. The young woman of sixteen-years rolled her eyes back to the self-proclaimed leader of the remnant, then back to their assigned position. As the night proceeded, silence had fallen upon theruins wherea handful of bandits, all that remained of the once great Mountain Snakes, hid. A notorious group, once over fourty members strong, now exterminated to no more than a trinkle. Selene, was the most cunning of the remainder, her mind was sharp in both thievery and leadership. Her father, Selzar,was of Rhûn, for this reason, neither her nor her cousins bore complete resemblance to those of Eriador.She was a strong fighter, but intelligent in the matters of organization and assault, above all else. Jiesuh and Jasper were manipulated by Selene into believing they could not live without her leadership. Both of thirty years,but no doubt aged a bit more, thanks to malnutrition. Born mute, they could never speak, a cry of pain was often an high groan. But what they lacked in voice, they made up for in strength.
<DIV>
<DIV>They were indeed a deadly duo.Each twin was as strong as three or four men, they could easily crush bones with a single swing of their fists, it was for this reason Selene kept both intimidated. She knew if they ever rose against her, they could crush her skull in, easily. Gritta, despite her young age,was the most skilled of the group in both blade and word, with great potential. Insticts and reflexes sharper than any other that ever joined the Mountain Snakes. Traits exceeded beyond that of her father, Gritmold, former leader of the bandit group. Tension was ever present between her and Selene, for both their fathers had often battled for leadership. When Gritmold fell at last, Selene, with her deceived cousins at her side, overwhelemed young Gritta to authority. Selene knew however, that Gritta was well on her way to becoming more cunning than her and gaining the favor or her cousins, for this reason, she secretly plotted to be rid of her when the time came. Gritta's abilities for now, were of good use, with so few of them left.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
The most mysterious, and certainly the deadliest, was Pike, eldest of the five. He was a seasoned bandit, with more kills and sucessful roberriesthan could be counted among the Mountain Snakes all together.He was certainly not of anywhere local, for his skin was darker than those of bandit group, very much like that of Selene and her cousins, among other distinguishing physical aspects. Selene had asked him as a child, of where he came. Pike pushed her to the ground and cut off most of her hair with his knife, leaving her to run away in tears. Since that day, Selene had never approached Pike for anything, she feared him very much. Pike was certainly one of them, but did not care for her or the twins or Gritta, though he had had much respect for Gritmold when he was alive. With regards only for his own interests, Pike often wandered on his own and turned his back away from Selenewhenever she attempted to give him orders. Coming and going as he pleased.
<DIV>
<DIV>Pike sharped his knives on a boulder, a few yards from the ancient courtyard where Gritta and Selene waited for Jiesuh and Jasper. When Gritta could finally see them with her outstanding sight, she called to Selene, who then stood up to greet her cousins. "Bout time you got here" she said to them, snatching the sacks they carried so obediently away. "What is this?!" she snapped at them, "Idiots! A few berries isn't going feed all of us!" Suddenly, remembering her imbecilic cousins weren't worth giving away their postion, she took a deep breath and turned to Gritta. "Get your blade, we're moving out..." With no good finds in days, the remnant was down to no more than the weapons theycarried with themand the clothes on their backs. Any further likethis, would result in desparation, and perhaps, mutiny against Selene. She could not have so, despite the risk,they would have to hunt for food and supplies, and if need to, kill.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
The night was thus far, silent, and the group intended to keep so by moving about in turn, bush to bush. Searching for anything, or anyone. Wiithin an hour, Gritta, at the head of them all, raised her hand to indicate she smelled something. Rangers. Selene followed her and indicated to Jiesuh, Jasper, and Pike to remain where they were. Pike of course, did not listen, and went about his own way into the shadows. Gritta and Selene stopped at a distance, wherethey could not be seen by those around a campfire (the Shadow Company), who seemed to be accompanied by a particular young woman (Mariane). After counting how many were present, Selene without sound, mouthed to Gritta, who could read lips, what are they saying? Gritta watched attentively for a few moments, then nodded to Selene, an indication that she had seen enough. Coming back to Jiesuh and Jasper, Gritta turned to Selene and spoke. "Just as they reek, they're rangers" she said, waiting for the others to stop turning to eachother with various reactions before continuing. "That one seated with the young woman (Tolkus), he's their leader. Judging by his manner towards the rest. The others are at his command, and that girl seemed tohave awakened them from a peaceful dinner.They're too alerted for us, unless the girl-" Before she could finish, Selene interrupted. "Do you read minds too Gritta? Unless you're with us, you're with them" she said. "What is she's one ofNorthDownswe've been waiting to join? The Mountain Snakes are no more Selene, unless you're smart enough to bring back the dead, we will be!" replied Gritta. Selene, angered, pointed to Gritta, about to argue in return. But before a debate came to be, Pike, returned from who knows where, put his hands to their shoulders. "Come with me" he said, then dashed into the shadows again. Selene and Gritta shrugged at Jiesuh and Jasper,nevertheless, theyfollowed.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
Eastern Outskirts of Fornost<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
Pike, who had separated from the twins as Gritta and Selene walked to were they investigated. Lead the remnant to the another campsite in the eastern outskirts of Fornost, halting them,where they could not be seen. He pointed to where a female ranger (Athess) cooked, joined by a male ranger (Thorondil), waiting for the others oftheir company to arrive. Selene smirked.All too easy. The Mountain Snakes had trained themselves to takeon more than one enemy at a time. Gritta herself could take on five.Rangers were an especially prized kill to the Mountain Snakes, a young bandit often earned his place among them, by killing one of them. A black mark of a serpent's fangs was then bestowed upon him or her, placed in the left corner of the face. Selene rubbed her own mark proudly before indicating with her hands to the others, towait from a distance, should the assault on the beautiful woman and the man,go ill. Taking Jiesuh with her, Selene crept on all fours, closer and closer to the site. Her cousin did the same.From bush to bush, until at last she nodded to her cousin, and both leaped towards the rangers in a battle cry and attacked.Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Hallas C. Pehwarin
25/Aug/2011, 04:43 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil </font>

The aged ranger immediately whirled about and in one single fluid motion drew out his </font></font></span></font>d</font>ú</span></font>nedain hand-and-half ranger sword from its weather stained scabbard that hung from his faded belt. </font>Thorondil weathered face and emerald eyes now showed their intruders the fury of one of the proud descendants of ancient </font></font></span></font>Nú</span></font>menor! The 74-northern </span></font>d</font>ú</span></font>nedain moved forward on his stout legs and met the first intruder intercepting his weapon with his own gleaming </font> three and half foot steel blade hearing the blades collide with a resounding 'RING' ! </font>Thorondil's deep basso voice boomed as he cried out in the night, "RANGERS TO ME!" "Come</font></font></span></font> to aid I, </font>Thorondil, son of Thoróndur, who is the last of </font>the ancient family and noble house Hérandil (Lord's Friend)!" The veteran and seasoned ranger continue to combat his opponent with a fierce attack using lunges and thrusts toward the stomach and and slashes to sever tendons in the arms and legs to disable his opponent who wished to try and kill one of the famed Rangers of the North!.... </font>Thorondil now prayed silently that aid would come and these foes slain for desecrating the ruins of the ancient city of Fornost Erain..... </font></font></span></font>


</font></font></span></font>

kassiopi
25/Aug/2011, 05:25 PM
Mariane, bandit

Mariane saw the doubt in the ranger's eyes. But he also seemed so passionate while talking and she leaned her head. Then she looked back to the ranger's suspicious eyes. "That's nice, ranger", she said, "but I also want to defend these lands from the foul creatures, and to defend my honour and the honour of my family." She laughed inside her, thinking these words that she would had never said under any other circumstances. The other rangers were eating or eying her with no trust at all. Then, she should prove worthy of their trust or lead them to the east of the ruins somehow. She talked again, "Then I will follow your example, heroes, and with you or without you I'm going to find them. You either help me or not, but I wouldn't want your help like this. I do not seek your protection but your understanding, so now... I leave you." She stood up looking somewhere in the dark horizons to the east. A raven cried mournfully in the dim lighted sky. "Thank you for your food and your hospitality. Fare well in the nights."

She combed her hair with her pale fingers and in her dark, ebony eyes there was no shining of honor or pride her words were full of. She hesitated for a while to the edge of the fire, almost waiting for their response. This decision was not in the initial plan, but she somehow felt it was the right. These rangers seemed too good to leave her alone, wandering in the wilds.

She also thought they were too many for the three of them to deal with. And she knew she should call reinforcements too, and soon, if she wanted to have a chance when the final battle began, in which she hoped she would have a small part and come out as a winner. It wasn't she didn't like fighting; she just hated blood.

(I'll present the other bandits next time</font>)

Beren Camlost
25/Aug/2011, 06:13 PM
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gif

Khallador blinked, staring at Mariane as she told her tale and he flicked his gaze at both Tolkus and Elegost. Yeah, Tolkus, said Khallador clearly, still gazing curiously at Mariane, that kind of story does get told a lot in these parts. He was silent then, his stare observant. Tolkus indicated with hand movements for him and Dairen to scout around and Khallador arose, seizing his sheathed sword that leaned against a nearby tree and fastened it to his weapons belt. Don't trust her too much yet, Khallador spoke to Tarawen and Elegost and Halvorn using hand gestures only known to Rangers and with one more interested glancee at Mariane, he disappeared into the darkness, slipping into the shadows towards the right flank of the group while Dairen ventured to the left. Khallador wondered of the girl as he flitted amidst the looming trees and gripped the handle of the ancient sword. She had come alone and with a sob story ; certainly enough such terrible things happened in the lands of the North but this had happened too suddenly, meeting the woman this close to Fornost where the Rangers had been assigned. Khallador knew that women could be just as dangerous as men - sometimes, even more wily. Perhaps she was with those treasure-seekers Shadow Company were charged with removing from the ruins of the once-mighty city and she wanted them out of the way. It could be a trap. Suddenly piercing the air, interrupting his grim thoughts, came Beren's laughter and reckless taunting ; there was a fight at the Defenders camp to the south-east ! Khallador began to run that way but stopped nigh at once ; his first duty was to Shadow Company, not his cousins Bear and Jae. He blanched, considering what could happen to them but he turned around and charged back to his party's camp.

YOU ! Khallador shot acerbically at Mariane as he strode into the camp, unleashing his sword as she was standing, preparing to leave so suddenly ; the carnelian stones of his weapon's black sheath and the gold and strange crimson enamel of the scales belonging to the serpent forms of his fell, old sword glittered in the firelight. Oh, yeah, you hear don't ya', woman ? Khallador hissed and his green-eyed stare was icy ; the sounds of the confrontation at the Defenders camp were deafening. Those are our comrades. And MY KIN. And undoubtedly the scum of the earth you hang with. Khallador snarled as he swiftly removed his sword out of its scabbard and he pointed the tip of his blade near the woman's throat. DON'T tell me you don't know what's going on, unfriend ! Khallador yelled at her, warning. Bright yellow sparks of the scintillating campfire swirled up past Khallador's weather-beaten and scarred, incredibly angry visage. You came here to distract us ! Khallador accused. You're with them, missy, admit it ! You came this way and you knew they were in the territory - because you're one of the greedy jackdaws, too ! Khallador laughed mirthlessly. Or perhaps their rival ? Khalldor growled, moving the sharp tip of his weapon closer. TELL THE TRUTH ! Khallador barked like a junkyard dog. I'm not sure I'm going to like it, Khallador threatened softly, silken, and I swear to you if I don't, you won't leave this place alive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/TheDunedain/bear3.gif http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7056/jaenaic&#111;n2.jpg

Familar shapely, feminine hands covered Beren's gray eyes and Beren grinned as he heard the giggle he knew so well. This is happening with regularity, the whole surprising you thing ; you're supposed to notice when someone is creeping behind you, Bear, teased Jaena, perhaps you're not Ranger material after all. Beren twisted and began to relentlessly tickle his fair, brown-haired cousin Jaena and the pair ultimately embraced each other. Have you seen the others ? Jaena asked and kissed Beren's stubbled cheek. Not yet but I know Emora said camp would be to the east of Fornost, so let's head there. He stroked the brown skeins of her brunette hair and she lingered in her embrace ; until lately they hadn't seen each other for a few years, Jaena was very glad to have Bear back in her life and permanently it seemed. Suddenly, the sounds of battle coming from camp jarred both cousins and Bear and Jaena quickly disengaged from each other, weapons smoothly coming to hand at once.

They looked at each other only once before running towards whatever danger it was that had fallen upon their friends, stealthily coursing through shadow and moonbeam amongst the uncaring, looming trees. Athess and Thorondil were fighting several bandits, outnumbered. Beren circled around still within the concealing protection of the elms but Jaena threw one of her throwing knives, with her opposite hand not holding her sword, towards one of them (Jiesuh) from behind ; she never had any remorse for killing unseen. She twirled away and danced towards the other bandit - a pale-skinned, dark-haired well-built woman (Gritta) - who was facing off against Thorondil and swung her sword towards the ruffian's left hip, hoping to slice the blackguard in two. Beren meanwhile leaped from out of the wilderness just in time to block a strike at Athess with his gold-hilted elfin sword ; Camlost smirked at the murderess, a raven-haired girl (Selene) much younger than him. Hey, darlin', If you wanted some food, you should have asked nicely, sweetheart, Beren admonished.

</font>




Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Asha'bellanar
25/Aug/2011, 08:22 PM
Selene</span>, </span>Jiesuh</span>, </span>Jasper</span>, </span>Pike</span>, &amp; </span>Gritta</span> NPCs</span>
Bandits - Attacking The Defenders of Fornost</span></span>

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Selene-1.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Jasper.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Gritta.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/img_2863_thief-1.jpg

</span>Desperate people, do desperate things. Battles were also won in will, and the remnant of the Mountain Snakes were certainly willing to die. Better at a sword than hunger... Selene and Jiesuh had attacked the two present rangers in the encampment (Athess and Thorondil), yet despite being excellent fighters, able to take on more than one, the self-proclaimed leader soon found her and her mute cousin to be too evenly matched. The man (Thorondil) had clearly fought, and maybe even killed, their kind before. Selene and Jiesuh could barely hold their own against his double-sharpened blade. When the woman (Athess) began to fight them as well, it became too much for the bandit and her cousin. As the seasoned ranger (Thorondil) called for aid, Selene thought she should too. She whistled with her fingers to Jasper, Pike, and Gritta who had remained hidden at a distance, and turned to face the woman (Athess) as Jiesuh continued to fight the older man (Thorondil).

Jasper and Gritta descended upon the encampment without hesitation. Pike, who never listened to Selene's orders, did not. Gritta spun her twin blades about and charged at the veteran ranger (Thorondil) to fight him along side the mute bandit. That is, until Jiesuh gasped suddenly and fell to the ground, dead with a knife thrown at his back. The dagger had come from another pair of rangers (Jaena and Beren), who now joined the battle. Gritta found herself facing a seasoned ranger (Thorondil) and fellow ranger (Jaena). After successfully moving away from her incoming blade, which attempted to slice her, she continued to put up a fight with the two. </span>Jasper,
ran to the body of twin brother, and his anger grew. He lifted his arms and let out a cry,
so loud and terrible, that it echoed throughout the east of Fornost.</span> Even Selene, who now found her strike at the beautiful ranger (Athess), intercepted, cursed and flinched upon hearing this. He picked up his blade and joined Gritta to fight the rangers (Thorondil and Jaena).

Selene crossed blades with the combatant (Beren) who seemed to simply block her blade constantly, amused by her. "Sweetheart?! Are you blind?! Do I look like a lady of quality to you!! I kill who I want and take what I wish, and I won't be stopped by an elf-friend!", the woman steamed, she did not like to be toyed with in such manner, and his smirk was mocking to her, it burned. He wasn't even trying to kill her, which was quite agitating to Selene. She kicked the woman down (Athess) and swung her blade at him now (Beren). Both blades we're locked, and he and her were face to face with their weapons above their heads. "I admit, you're handsome fellow" she winked, "I'll have your head mounted on a plaque to admire, always" From the darkness, Pike, joined the fight at last. Free of the lock, Selene turned again to fight Athess, leaving the charmer to fight the towering, muscular, seasoned, knife-wielder alone.
</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
25/Aug/2011, 09:26 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

</font>Thorondil had continued to fight his opponent(</font></font></span></font>Jiesuh) who groaned and fell face forward onto the stone grass infested ground with the hilt of knife protruding from his back! Out of the corners of his emerald eyes the veteran ranger noticed two of his fellow northern kin emerge from the shadows </font></span>(Jaena and Beren)! They immediately engaged their choice of foes being another woman and man (</span></span>Jasper</span></font>) who</span> screamed upward into the darken sky! Its echoes which could be heard throughout the eastern ruins of Fornost!</font> Thorondil weathered face paled for a single moment when he heard that cry reach his ears... He redoubled his efforts to slay the duel wielding swordswoman</font></font></span></font></span></font> (Gritta)</font> </span> who continue to hammer away at him with relish and anger.... </font></font></span></font>Thorondil's emerald eyes caught sight of the distraught and angered man now rushing to engage him on his right flank! A mark of some sign caught his left eye. "Mountain Snakes!" " I thought that we had crushed them nearly twenty five years ago?!" "What in Arda is our efforts coming to rid Eriador of this tainted scrum and their followers?!" He'd fought against this band before and now was another chance to be rid of them once and for all time! </font></font></span></font>With an almighty bellow </font></font></span></font></span></font>Thorondil cried out his deep basso voice full of anger and command, "DIE YOU MOUNTAIN SNAKE SCUM!" "I thought that I had rid of your kind twenty five years ago!" </font></font></span></font>None of you shall be alive pass this night to share tales of my people again!"</font>


Leaving his fellow female ranger</font></font></span></font>(Jaena</span></font>)</span></font> </span></font> to handle the wicked woman for a few precious moments </font></font></span></font>Thorondil bowed his head down and aimed straight for the wild and angered man's </font></font></span></font>(</span></span>Jasper</span></font>) midsection running forward at great speed intending to tackle him! At the last possible moment with his </span></font>d</font>ú</span></font>nedain hand-and-half ranger sword gripped tightly in his right hand and angled to thrust at his opponent's throat did </font></span></font>Thorondil unveil his second N</font></font></span>úmenórean</font> hand-and half sword hidden inside a wooden scabbard covered in black leather that rested against his back of his concealing ranger attire! Its steel black edged embossed and leather wrapped hilt was gripped his left hand as he swung both blades together with great speed to decapitate his foe! It could only end one way! </font></font></span></font>


OOC: Feel free my friends to try and block this move if you wish since to me it seems a tiny bit of God-modding.. Otherwise he is now a headless corpse. His blood can now slash me fully if you want to or splatter the grass stone trampled ground.smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif</font></font></font></span></font></span>

Rian Eliowen
26/Aug/2011, 01:00 AM
Dairen - Shadow Company


<?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Dairen</st1:place> could sense the mischief out and about in the dark – a well honed soldier's sixth sense of when things were just quiet and peaceful and when they were quiet and menacing. It was so dark around the campsite that he could not make out much through the trees and the ruins among where they were situated, but he was aware of some movement out further than his circle had taken him. He was about to head in that direction when Thorondil's deep bass voice shouted for aid the sound ringing in the night air and it was clear that the other camp was under attack. Dairen heard Khallador begin to run in that direction and then turn back bursting into the firelight as he confronted the woman (Mariane), accusing her of being a decoy. <st1:place>Dairen</st1:place> too wanted to go to the aid of their fellow rangers– but knew he must control his reactions, and secure their own campsite first. He exchanged his knife for his sword – and waited for Tolkus' instructions – his eyes boring through the darkness ready for attack which ever direction it might come from.

Tolkus
26/Aug/2011, 01:46 AM
Shadow Company</font>Sitting back and starting to relax, Tolkus knew better. Mariane expressed herself clearly about her intentions. Of course Tolkus knew they couldn't let her go alone. When she stood up to leave Tolkus was about to speak when Khallador came running back into camp with sword drawn and accussing Mariane of being a decoy of bandits that were currently attacking another band of Rangers. Tolkus was quick to his feet and signaled the group to stand down but to slowly incircle the woman while her attention was else where. He then held up his hand and spoke to Khallador, "Easy my friend. Lower you weapon. We will get ot the scourse of this." He then turned his attention to Mariane, 'I assure you that if you are with those badits you will be alone very soon. For they will be dead. I know that other band and they will leave none alive." he paused to gague thereaction on Mariane's face. "It would be best right now to tell all." Tolkus was sinsear in his tone and look. His band would gladly kill the woman, given the situation at the moment so Tolkus was hoping that her talking would let the others settle down a might. With the ring of battle not far off he knew they were itching to join the fight or start one here. Now it was Mariane's move.

Tarawen
26/Aug/2011, 04:14 AM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North
The Shadow Company

Tara watched silently as Mariane said her farewells. She flinched a bit when the woman called the rangers "heroes;" as the word slid off Mariane's tongue it acquired a bitter and mocking edge. Tara did not like it, and she stood as their strange visitor stood to leave. Her apple core lay discarded on the ground at her feet, freeing up both hands just in case.

As Mariane ran her fingers through her hair and strode to the edge of the camp, Tara heard quick footfalls approaching the group. "YOU!" shouted Khallador as he came charging into sight, back from the search Tolkus had sent him out to conduct. Khall had flown into a rage; clearly he had encountered or heard something that provoked him into this furious attack of Mariane. Clearly there was now a reason to distrust this woman other than Tara's gut instinct. She was glad she was standing; on her feet she felt she could support her comrade and respond to any surprise attack that might come.

She saw the rage in Khall's eyes and heard it in the low tones with which he now addressed Mariane. She tensed to hear it and looked toward Tolkus, who had stood to calm Khall and resolve things, though still on his guard given that he communicated to his company to be on theirs. Tara stood back to watch, but her hands remained free and she kept her gaze moving--from Tolkus to Khallador to Mariane to Dairen, round and around their circle, waiting for the true story to come out.
</font>

Edited by: Platypus

kassiopi
26/Aug/2011, 01:10 PM
Mariane, bandit

Mariane knew then why she stood, unsure of her actions. There was noise in the distance. Having lived a long in the wilderness she knew it was battle-sound and it came from the south-east of the ruins. Damn!, she thought, how many rangers there are in this place? But there weren't orcs that fought the rangers but other people. She froze to her seat and if someone else saw her they might think she was scared to go alone in the darkness. But Mariane was scared of almost nothing, she just realized there were serious possibilities that another group of her kin were there, fighting the rangers and surely looking for her treasure. HER treasure! She almost drew her sword from under her clothes to go and help the rangers in their fighting but then she heard a strong, commanding voice. "YOU!", he said. Mariane turned and saw one of the rangers coming towards her furious with blazing eyes. She went back a few steps and wondered what was happening. Then, from all his shouting and rage, she understood he was accusing her of being part of the other band that was making the attack. She blinked surprised. They were really smart. Maybe her trying to deceit them was not so wise after all. "Or their rival!", he shouted angry again and Mariane tried to stay calm, because his words now were really close to truth. His sword was too close to her throat but he held it steadily and she knew that he still had his doubts about killing her. Everyone was innocent until proven otherwise. Now, she was almost innocent. She was looking at that tall, mighty man with his pride and love of his kin and was ready to laugh. She didn't however.

The leader of the rangers tried to calm them down. In a similar situation Mariane would have probably beated the stranger and tied them up. That was why she was the leader in her band. Tolkus apparently had other ways of doing it. The rangers seemed to obey him, although the man in front of her hadn't lowered his weapon yet. She decided to stay still. And then she did let a smile spread in her face, an innocent smile. They had to believe her cause she had a way of convincing most people. "I don't know what you're yelling about. You don't think a lot before you talk, don't you?. It doesn't seem you are so distracted after all, the battle just started and if you hadn't come here to accuse me, you'll be fighting with your friends! And If I was one of them I would be with them, not here alone, between my enemies!" she stopped herself. "Not that I know a lot about bandits of course, but at least I know they're cowards." She almost spilled these words to his face. "And I didn't come here to be offended and accused of things I haven't done. I just wanted to avenge my family", she looked down and tears went off her eyes. But then she quickly raised her eyes to meet his again. "It seems like a difficult thing now ,but I'll do it, even just for proving myself innocent!" She stared at him, not willing to look away before him. Her eyes didn't betray her feelings but she knew she wanted to deal with this one when the time came. There weren't a lot of people that shouted at her and stayed alive.


NPCs: Branden, leader of a treasure-seeker band
Also, Rodril, Corben, Drefous

Branden looked in the distance ahead. There were signs of fire somewhere in the ruins of Fornost. He sighed and cried out for Drefous. The small man with the black cloak came almost invisible in the shadows of the night and stood beside his leader, eyes to the smoke. The wind blew and brought voices from the north and swords clanging and a strange laughter echoing on the hills of the Lone Lands.
"There's a fight over there", Branden said. "I hope we're not too late." he almost whispered. The small man with the red eyes and his face, scarred from some old fire, looked up to the tall, dark-haired fighter. "I'm sure Mariane would move more silently, if you know what I mean...", he said with certainly in his voice. "If she's here", he added. Branden moved his head and his long, back hair and beards moved with it. He was a big man and his men feared him. He fought like a barbarian from the southern lands and Drefous often wondered if there was blood from the black people in him. But he had lead them well and they had good profits from working with him. The rangers often chased them but they always got away. Drefous was his best counselor, a cunning man that moved like a ghost, a perfect thief. "Well, then we maybe deal with another band. Or these devils that lurk in such places. It doesn't matter, we're better. Tell the men to be ready. We're leaving in a few minutes." Drefous knew that Braden could kill three men with his hands only but the other were not so good and he at least didn't want to have a ranger's sword through his throat. "Orcs, you mean. We should wait until the battle ceases. Let them kill each other. The rangers are skilled warriors and we can have them. But if we fight with the bandits or the orcs, whatever they are, too, then..." Branden turned his head, full of blue and black tattoos on one side of his face, to Drefous. "I fear no ranger-scum nor these ugly creatures nor the petty bandits. No one!!" "But, of course not!", Drefous said quickly, "but we are not as good as you are!" In fact Drefous knew the rangers really well and he was alive only because he never tried to fight with them but mostly get away from them. And there were some of them that had a strange fire burning inside them. This laughter in the distance Drefous didn't like it at all.
"We'll wait", Branden said at last. He thought of that woman he had met some time ago. Her empty eyes...Branden had fought many times and he feared no rival but all of his rivals feared him, save the rangers that were too fool anyway. But Mariane showed no fear when meeting him and not even when fighting him. They had fought alone, away from other eyes and Branden felt so thankful about that, because she had almost won. She left running in the wilds and didn't gave the final strike. So the battle wasn't over yet and he wanted to finish it. He wanted to meet her. One of his men, Corben, told him he'd seen her in that inn at Bree and that she'd heard him very well talking about the treasure. Branden was sure she would be attracted like the ravens were attracted by a corpse. She would come.

NPCs: Nutal and Lostmar

The two men stayed hidden, as Mariane told them, a fair distance away from the rangers' camp. Nutal suggested that they didn't light a fire, because it was too dangerous in these lands. The stars gave enough light for them to see in the distance. Mariane told them to wait until she returned for further instructions and that if she hadn't in twenty-four hours they should call reinforcements. There weren't many to call, Nutal thought. She always preferred to work alone or get herself in someone else's way and get whatever she could. He suspected she would do the same thing now, but rangers were something completely different.

Lostmar called for him from the darkness and he approached. He showed to the south.
"There's a campsite there", he whispered. Nutal saw the small smoke, very far away.

"Rangers?" he asked desperate. Lostmar shook his head.

"I don't think so. Rangers don't camp in such an unprotected spot. They would go into Fornost too. I think there are the band we heard in Bree." Nutal swallowed hard.

"You mean Branden?" He cursed silently in the dark. "Him again? We must tell Mariane he's here!" Lostmar shook his head again.

"We're not sure and we can't risk exposing her. I say we go to him." Nutal wanted to look at him angry but the dark prevented him from seeing where his eyes were.

"Do you want us killed. She didn't say such a thing".

"We're three and they're many. And rangers. She'll need help! And I have a feeling he'll help.", Lostmar answered. Nutal thought about it. He didn't want to fight alone either. And that monster, Branden, was a good ally. Mariane laughed when they asked her about him. He nodded and then remembered Lostmar couldn't see him nodding.

"All right", he said, "but be careful. And it was your idea!" They started crawling to the south.

After a while they heard distant battle sounds. They looked at each other. They were really close to the camp now. If Mariane had started a battler she was alone. But it was not like her. They both thought it should be the orcs.
Upon a hill, two figures stood and had s whispering conversation. Nutal coughed and revealed himself and Lostmar followed. The small figure almost disappeared and the big one raised a gigantic axe, decorated with small skulls, that probably weren't real human, or so Nutal hoped. "Peace, great Branden! We're friends!", he said loudly, though not shouting because every sound seemed to travel far away in these lands and he knew it too well. The man lowered the axe a little. "We're Mariane's companions!", he said and then Branden looked them with his reddish eyes gleaming in the dark, still holding it steady though.






Edited by: kassiopi

Tolkus
30/Aug/2011, 07:52 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus could tell this wasn't going to end unless he ended it. He looked to Khallador and said, "Go! Help them if you can and take Tarawen with you. We can handle here untill your return." Tolkus took a few steps back to stand next to Tarawen and whispered to her, "Keep an eye on him and get him back soon." His attention turned to Mariane and he told her, "Sit. We will leave this area in the morning and search for these badits or whoever you are after then." Tolkus said to the remaining group, "Keep the fire high and your backs to it. Three watch at a time wepons at the ready. Who wants first watch?" He waited for any volunteers.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
30/Aug/2011, 09:16 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company
</font></font>
The 59-year old northern</font></font></font></font> d</font></font>únedain</font> had continued to stand to his full height of 6 foot and 5 inches. His deep bass voice was still cool yet tinged with concern. " As I said my friend and leader I will take the first watch." With that Halvorn gripped the hilt of his family's ancient Númenórean longsword resting inside its wooden scabbard covered in black leather that crisscrossed down its length. The scabbard was fitted with bronze locket and chape that matched the steel conical pommel. The handgrip had three steel rings inter-spaced with thick strips of black leather and was wide enough for Halvorn's hands to fit so he could deliver two handed strikes when necessary during battle. The crossguard was of the fine silver steel and twisted with a warrior flourish and inlaid with bronze filigree. Just below the crossguard the beginning of the three and half foot steel blade was again the symbol of the ancient northern realm being the White Tree of N</font>úmenor in full bloom upon either side rested a pair of Swan's wings outstretched. A wide deep fuller ran down the center of the finely crafted blade ending before the tip which was crafted for piercing more heavily armored foes! The edges of the blade were equally deadly sharpened to allow for quick slashed to disable or when the need required to slay enemies....

Halvorn now pulled it free and adopted a readied stance facing outward from the still going fire which did illuminate faintly the gleaming flowing script of </font>Númenórean language and provided additional protection and help to the wielder of this fine sword against the spawn of Sauron the Deceiver. The seasoned ranger now gazed outward his keen blue-grey eyes scanning the ruins of Fornost for additional foes. </font>Halvorn used</font> his ears to hear any movements other than his or his fellow rangers tuning out the creatures that chose to nest the crumbling remains of the ancient defensive towers, that did still exist though were now completely unusable do their tops had caved in during the final fall of their capital. He proceeded to with his vigil which would last for several hours until his fellow ranger Tarawen returned from assisting their other band called the Defenders of Fornost lead by another of their proud kin whom he intended to meet. She had said that she would take the second watch and after that it be up to either his proud leader Tolkus or Khallador to take the third and fourth watches.....
</font>

Rian Eliowen
30/Aug/2011, 11:00 PM
Dairen had only just come off the watch when Mariane had shown up, but knew that there would be no sleep in the next few hours anyway. Everyone was now waiting to see what was happening at the other camp, and whether they were about to be attacked themselves. He volunteered to take the watch with Halvorn, his own privateanxiety about what might be happening out there in the dark, controlled by the discipline of having to follow orders and the need to maintain acalm exterior. He quietly moved to the shadows outside the firelight again, and circled around slowly, practicing moving as quietly in the dark as possible. He found that total stillness was too conducive to sleep and slow reactions. He suspected that shortly there would be further action, and that this watch wouldn't last the usual three hours anyway.

Asha'bellanar
01/Sep/2011, 04:34 PM
Elegost</span> NPC</span></span>
The Shadow Company</span></span>
</span>
Elegost didn't turn again to Mariane as he ate unwillingly. Whatever the truth was, it was about to surface no doubt. As fellow Khallador stormed suddenly, barking at the young woman. Elegost followed Tolkus's instructions, he stood and slowly encircled the girl with the others. I KNEW IT!; he thought to himself, though not officially assured of his suspicions. Elegost could hear the distant clash of weapons as Tolkus calmed down Khallador, his falcon Hérion fluttered his wings about nervously, for the bird's sharp eyes could pierce the darkness that surrounded the Company's camp and see all too well the fight in the distance. "Shhhh shhh" spoke Elegost softly to his pet, then turning to Tolkus, raising his hand to volunteer to keep watch with Halvorn and Dairen, only if the leader saw fit of course. The bower wouldn't be able to sleep now anyways, not with his adrenaline evoked and his senses alerted now more than ever. He gently drew his bow and pulled an arrow from his quiver, whatever he would be told to do, he would certainly keep these items close, and of course, fire high to his back. He smiled at his mare Nionwen to keep her anxiety at ease.
</span></span>

</span>
</span>
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%203/Elegost.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Hri&#111;n.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg</span>

Rainelle Hérandil
04/Sep/2011, 10:40 PM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda Varyanyë
</font>http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/Moriannathegothicvampire/Other/Ic&#111;ns/Emeralda.jpg
</font>
Emeralda had been delayed in following with her comrades in the defenders of Fornost band, because she had received a letter from her friend Dare about her mother being sick. So she had ridden with haste to the Chetwood, and made sure that all was well with her mother, and now she headed onward on foot, leaving Ellerìna at home, to get to Fornost as fast as she could. She probably would have ridden to get there faster, but her horse was tired from the previous ride, and she had thrown a shoe somewhere along the line. So she had entrusted Dare with caring for her horse, who promised to get her reshoed and all, and to take good care of the horse.

Emeralda now had traversed the fifty something miles from the Chetwood forest until she arrived at Fornost. From there she had picked up a faint trail that she was positive would belong to the rangers of her band. She followed it, with some difficulty. Rangers were pretty good at hiding their trails, but they were also pretty good at following trails. The same was true with Emma, having grown up in the Chetwood, playing in the forest as a child, and later hunting in the forest as a teen, until she met Khallador and joined the rangers. Now, she had nearly caught up with them, and she knew this because the trail showed signs of being fresh, within less than an hour since the rangers had passed through.

She eventually heard a commotion up ahead, and paused to listen briefly. Battle! Her emerald eyes widened and she hastened her step, though she also remained careful and made sure she wasn't walking into an ambush. She took her bow from her back and drew an arrow from her quiver, and when she came to the clearing where the battle was taking place, she stood partially concealed behind a tree, watching from the shadows for a moment to make sure of who was fighting. She recognized many of the rangers from her band, and didn't recognize any of the bandits they were fighting.

Her anger flared up at the sight of the bandits, remembering that it was bandits who killed her father. She nocked her arrow and watched for a moment, picking a target. She spotted Beren, Khallador's flirtatious cousin, fighting with a woman(Selene), and idly thought he probably enjoyed that. Then she watched as the woman broke away from fighting him and a big man(Pike) took her place. Suppressing a soft snicker at that, Emma drew back the arrow on the string, as far back as her ear. She narrowed her eyes, and took careful aim before releasing an arrow headed straight for the man(Pike)'s right upper arm, which would basically make it nearly impossible for him to fight unless he could fight with his left hand. She was sure it would hit the mark if he didn't move or the wind didn't strike up at the last second...

</font>(from Sur Vanar Utirieste's</span> post, "From the darkness, Pike, joined the fight at last. Free of the lock, Selene turned again to fight Athess, leaving the charmer to fight the towering, muscular, seasoned, knife-wielder alone.</span>" feel free to let it miss or hit at your own descretion, i don't want to GM you or anything.
I'm hoping it's ok with Aig for Emma to come to Beren's rescuesmileys/smiley4.gif
if i need to change anything, lemme know!</font> )


Edited by: Rillewen Aran

Asha'bellanar
07/Sep/2011, 04:20 AM
Selene</span>,</span></span> </span>Pike</span>, &amp; </span>Gritta</span> NPCs</span>
Bandits - Attacking The Defenders of Fornost</span></span>

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Selene-1.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Gritta.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/img_2863_thief-1.jpg

</span>The body of Jasper tumbled to its knees, blood squirted from his headless neck, and the corpse soon fell to the ground. Making a crimson puddle, that traveled every which way. Seventeen-year-old Gritta knew better than to be distracted by the mute's death and continued to engage the two rangers </span>(Thorondil and Jaena) in a lasting fight. With a green cloth pushing back her brown hair from her view, and twin blades in her hands, the adolescent could easily handle herself and whatever came her way. Selene could hear her cousin's death from behind her as she engaged the beautiful ranger </span>(Athess)</span>, but she wasn't moved by his decapitation. Truth is, she never loved him as family. Jiesuh, Jasper, and even her own father Selzar, never had the sentiments of the murderess. Selene's heart was without feeling, as cold as ice, ever since she was a child. Pike, now in the fight, reached with his right hand for the neck of the ranger before him </span>(Beren), lifting him from the ground with a tight grip. Selene could not see the arrow heading towards him in time, she swung her blade at it, but failed to stop it. Pike grunted from the pain, it wasn't enough to bring him down, a shot to his arm, but it did loosen his hold on the ranger </span>(Beren). The towering thief pulled the arrow out with his left hand, snapped it in half, and threw it to the ground. He lost feeling in his right hand and wasn't happy about it! Pike's rage was now unleashed, even Selene never dared to anger him. He reached into his belt for a small knife and played with it in his remaining hand, "time to die little man!</font></font>" he shouted. Strange for a large man, Pike didn't use a sword. It was rumored among the Mountain Snakes, that he liked to give his victims slow and painful death, and a descent blade didn't give him that twisted satisfaction. Selene caught sight of the pretty archer (Emeralda) who had attempted to bring down her best fighter, and wouldn't risk her succeeding in her next attempt. The woman trapped the beautiful ranger </span>(Athess) </span>in a headlock with her right arm, folded her left arm and bashed at her head with her left elbow. Hoping to knock her lights out. She didn't have time to check if she succeeded, for Selene held her blade tighter and charged at the pretty one </span>(Emeralda)</span>. Cutting down whatever arrows came at her, if any. "I'll have your lovely eyes cut out!" she roared.
</span>
</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
08/Sep/2011, 04:19 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The 74-year old Ranger of the North now watched with grim satisfaction as now headless body of his foe tumble forward falling to the grass covered ground blood flowing from its now exposed neck. It spread into a sizable pool making </font>Thorondil now move about with caution his two swords gripped tight and raised in defensive posture to ward off his attackers weapons. He deflected attacks with poise and ease as he inflicted minor wounds on two of the attackers closest to him being the dual sword wielding woman</font></font></span></font></span></font></span></font> (Gritta) who was still engaged with fury at </font></span>his fellow female ranger</font></font></span></font>(Jaena</span></font>)! With snarl Thorondil managed to pierce her lightly in the stomach enough to draw the woman's ire upon himself while he moved toward another female </span></font>(Selene)</font> </span> who carried the tattoo of the Mountain Snakes. </span></font>Thorondil then heard the woman speak </font></font></span></font>"I'll have your lovely eyes cut out!"</span></font>as she advanced,</font></font></span></font> toward his newest fresh female ranger whom he'd fought beside in Lindon named</font></font></span> Emeralda! That single taunt made</span></font> Thorondil increase his pace his tall knee high leather boots now smacking resoundingly against the scattered stones that were once floors to many buildings or</font></font></span></font> paths</font></font></span> leading to them... His ranger attire was now coated in perspiration and speckled with the blood of two of his slain foes.

Again the 74-year old northern </font>d</font>ú</span></font>nedain spoke his deep basso voice filled with command and rage, " I Don't think So Mountain Snake Scum! "You'll have to deal with me First!" Thorondil's emerald eyes now blazed with righteous rage as he raised left hand griped tight around the leather bound hilt of his </font>N</font></font></span>úmenórean</font> hand-and half sword to defend himself. Its steel conical pommel and curved steel crossguard with inlaid with polished black enamel. </font></font></span></font>The three and 3/4 foot steel blade followed and had a wide deep fuller down most of the length of the polished steel stopping
short before the end of the blade. It tapered off to a fine point
perfect for thrusting into more heavily armored foes, and was sharpened
on both sides! While his </font>d</font>ú</span></font>nedain ranger hand and half swords' fine sharpened point was aimed to pierce in the rib cage!

OOC: Sur I'm letting you know Thorondil is now concentrating on </font></font>Selene after dealing with Jasper..Due to the fact that Emeralda and him have the same eye color and a possible kinship what that relationship is will be a surprise to all!smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif</span></font> </font> </font></font></span></font> </font>

kassiopi
10/Sep/2011, 11:39 PM
Mariane, bandit

Mariane looked at the ranger's eyes, imagining all the cool stuff she could do with him after winning him in battle. Torture not but wounding him, but beating him and possibly killing his best friends, some relatives, his girlfriend. She was cruel, she knew that and with that thought she relaxed. For there was a moment there when she didn't think of him as an enemy but as an honorable defender of the innocent. She thanked Tolkus when he ordered that ranger go help the other group. She watched silently as he and the woman left. She expected a reply, something, but maybe he intended his silence to be his answer. She had spoken hard and maybe hurt him. Well, she decided she didn't care.

The other rangers were occupied with who would keep watch for the night. She was really tired. The bow-ranger eyed her suspiciously. What else was needed to do to gain their trust, she wondered. That falcon pet had pretty much the same looks and Mariane turned away from it. She headed to the leader. "Dear friend, you have been really kind to me from the time we have met. I would like to keep first watch but more experienced men have offered to and I feel so tired. I only want to thank you and to inform you that I know of some medical treatment for the wounded. If there are people hurt in that other company of rangers I'd love to help. And we can get to our hunting afterwards.", she smiled finishing her sentence. There was honesty in her voice, for she did knew of these things. But she also wanted to meet these other rangers and to learn who attacked them. Most importantly, if it was that band she had met in Bree.

Branden's band: Rodril, Corben, Drefous
Nutal and Lostmar

The tall barbaric figure lowered his axe. The two bandits swallowed again remembering the first time they had met him. His beard and hair were not so long then and he didn't have that scar above his right eye. But he was still the same monstrous. "What do you seek here? And where is she?" he asked really upset. He wanted to see her, to run the pointy edge of his axe down her spine, to kill her and vanish this threat from the northern lands. Bandits had no principles, they held no promises and honored not deals; they were ruthless and wicked most times, they had money as their god. But there was one thing in their world they held high. That no one beated them in battle -among bandits of course. For Branden especially, who had a warrior's blood in him too, to defeat him in battle, even if no one else knew, was unacceptable. Nutal looked bravely to his eyes, then down and said:

"Well, sir, we came here to ask for help. For Mariane. I mean, she may have gotten into trouble..."

"What do you mean?", Branden asked irritated. He didn't want to help her, he wanted to kill her. But he restrained himself thinking he should get near her first.

Nutal had no idea of the man's thoughts. He was really uncomfortable with that small figure that had disappeared when they arrived, like a ghost or something, but he somehow knew he was still out there.

"She's gone to deceit the rangers over there and rob them.", Nutal thought it was better not to mention the treasure-hunting thing, though he was almost sure that Branden already suspected...or knew.

"To rob the rangers, huh? Alone, the crazy girl?" The man started laughing, and it was a devilish laugh that made Nutal shiver. "Why should I help this silly girl? What do I gain?"

Nutal had planned to be diplomatic. "I didn't say to save her. She may handle things over...I'm just saying to give a hand in any case she does not succeed...Or she may succeed and take everything for her. Everything..." He hoped Branden cought the hint about the treasure. He did. His axe highened a little.

"You want to say something, scum?" he asked. Lostmar decided to intervene.

"My partner only wishes to state that the filthy rangers have in their possession very valuable items and that Mariane may take them all." he said simply. Branden looked at them both, furious.

"I intended to attack to those northern cockroaches anyway...How many are there? It doesn't matter, I can handle them all!" He roared and he was heard in the empty lands around and it was possibly the most evil thing it was heard so loudly from the time of the Witch-King. And somewhere away in the distance, Mariane thought she heard something and she smiled. Her old enemy was around and he would hopefully kill some before she was done with him.

A low, whispering voice was heard from the darkness, "Sir, should I order the men to get ready?"
"Yes, Drefous, do so. Tell Corben to use the poisoned arrows. Rangers and bandits will die tonight."

Nutal caught a glimpse of the hooded man's face. "What devil is this?" he whispered when the red scars were revealed to him. He looked away immediately but felt the gaze of the short man on his back. He hoped Mariane wouldn't be mad at them. He and Lostmar checked their knives and prepared, putting on their hoods they were too ghosts in the darkness.

At last they began and running they came to Fornost, because they were not so far away. Branden screamed and they came from the east and fell on the Defenders of Fornost company that was fighting the other band. Branden quickly adjusted himself and counted the remaining bandits. He had killed three rangers in all his life, one really old and two others after a long and exhausting battle. He didn't admit it but rangers were not his best to kill; they were taugh and good swordsmen. The leader of the band eyed the man with the two swords (Thorondil) attacking a woman bandit (Selene). Branden almost stumbled when he saw her, hoping it would be Mariane. But she wasn't and he didn't know her, However, they somehow were on the same side now. First the rangers and then the bandits. He raised his skull-decorated axe and attacked the ranger. His tattoos gleamed blue and red on the right side of his face, a sight rarely seen in the North.

Corben stayed behind, hidden in the bushes. His hands shook a little, He was new to this work, new to this band and Branden wasn't the best leader he ever knew in anything, He usually was good with the bow but with all these experienced fighters around his hands were wet and shaking, However, he took a poisoned arrow and aimed to nowhere. Loooking around with his one eye closed he chose an enemy to shoot; an emeral eyed now-woman (Emeralda). She seemed to aim at another bandit. Corben saw that she had already hurt that man on the arm and now aimed again. It would be a good shot. He left the arrow fly but his hands were still shaking and the arrow fell near her. Not waiting to look if she noticed he took another arrow and shot. Just a scratch, he preyed to some unknown god, just a scratch...

Nutal and Lostmar just went into battle and watched around, The sighed when realizing Mariane was nowhere around and then drew their swords and randomly attacked to anyone. Nutal found himself attacking a brown-haired female ranger (Jaena) and Lostmar helping another tall bandit that was fighting a male ranger (Beren). Rodril, one of Branden's men, helped him out, but he seemed too hard to kill. Nutal eyed a bandit he knew too well; Selene, Mariane's mentor after her father's death. He was with her too, until he and Mariane came to an agreement and deceived Selene. He wondered how Selene would react when she saw him. But for the time being the fight was all that mattered.

Drefous wasn't fighting at all. He stayed near Corben, hidden in the bushes. He knew Branden expected of him to do what he always did; hide and surprise his enemies when the right time came.

Almarëa Mordollwen
11/Sep/2011, 12:48 AM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7056/jaenaic&#111;n2.jpg</span>



Defenders of Fornost</span></font>
</span></font> One down, and plenty to go, Jaena thought as the bandit (Jiesuh) fell dead with her knife in his back, and she and Berencharged into the fighting to assist their fellow rangers. She engaged one of the female bandits (Gritta) giving Thorondiltime to deal with another man (Jasper) who quickly fell to the veteran ranger's blade. It struck Jaenaquite strongly how young her opponent was. The girl with a green cloth over her hair (Gritta)did not look over eighteen, and yet she had committed herself fully to a life of thievery and deceit. Jaena herself had joined the rangers at sixteen, so it was no particular surprise to her that Grittawas a capable hand with her twin blades, but she still found herself impressed by the girl's ability. It was a shame that she had chosen as she had ... but that regret would not stop Jaenafrom slaying her without hesitation if necessary. Thorondil wounded the girl slightly, and then concentrated his attacks on another female bandit (Selene). Blocking one attack aimed her shoulder, Jaenatwisted her sword suddenly and sharply, in a semi-circular movement that was intended to knock the blade in Gritta'sleft hand outof her hand and sent it flying. Hopefully, it would work - she did not know if Grittahad the experience or the skill to avoid losing control of the sword.At the same time, she drew another dagger with her left hand - to block any attack that might come from the girl's other blade. Then more bandits arrived and Jaenawas attacked by another (Nufal). This day was just getting better and better, wasn't it? She couldn't see what Beren was up to, but she assumed her cousin was quite capable of taking care of himself. For the moment, she had to concentrate her full attention on defending herself, as both bandits (Grittaand Nufal) continued to press the attack ...</span></font>

Edited by: Almarëa Mordollwen

Tolkus
11/Sep/2011, 06:18 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus listened to Mariane offer to go help wounded, but he just shook his head and said, "No, you stay here with us. They are more than cappable at handeling any wounded." Then as almost an after thought he said to her, "Wouldn't want you getting caught up in a fight and getting hurt yourself." He gave her a wink and a smile. Tolkus looked to Elegost and siad, "Take your watch to that oak tree there," pointed to the oak, "Up there, you'll be able to the entire camp and some ways around. Your bow will be of better use there." Tolkus sat down and put some wood on the fire and soke to Mariane again, "Sit relax while you can." He then said to Halvorn, "Wake me when it's my shift to watch or when the others get back." With that he pulled his cloak about him and his hood over his head just down to his eyes, they were hidden from sight but he could still see all.

Tarawen
12/Sep/2011, 02:59 AM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North
The Shadow Company

Tolkus had taken charge, and for that it was a good thing he was the leader of the band. Tara perceived that he was looking for a way to end Khallador's aggressive comments by giving him something to do that would make him feel--and perhaps actually be--productive. So it was that he urged Khall to rush to the aid of the Defenders of Fornost and take Tara with him.

She did not protest this assignment. Rather, she nodded silently and strode quickly from the camp with Khallador. They slipped into the night as silent as shadows, but Tara's mind was going full speed. She looked over at Khall's vague outline in the dark, and she could tell he was agitated and partly because of that and partly out of a concern for their concealment in the dark chose not to speak. Tara continued to watch Khall's every move, being highly aware of Tolkus's orders--"Keep an eye on him and get him back soon." That was her plan.

As they approached the other camp, Tara heard shouts--that was Beren's voice, if she wasn't much mistaken--and the ring of metal on metal. So it had come to swordplay. She watched Khall to see what he would do now that he had permission to intervene and help his kin and comrades, hoping she could support him and convince him to return to the Shadow Company's camp quickly.

</font>

Asha'bellanar
12/Sep/2011, 11:29 PM
Elegost</span> NPC</span></span>
The Shadow Company</span></span>
</span>
He gave a firm nod to Tolkus, and immediately moved to climb the oak tree he had been told to perch on. Elegost with Hérion on his shoulder, was soon hidden among the branches and leaves of the tree. Not to seen, from those beyond the oak, but he could see more than perfectly from where he was. The campfire, those around it, and more. Now all he could do, was keep his eyes peeled, and wait...
</span></span>

</span>
</span>
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%203/Elegost.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Hri&#111;n.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg</span>
</span>Selene</span>,</span></span> </span>Pike</span>, &amp; </span>Gritta</span> NPCs</span>
Bandits - Attacking The Defenders of Fornost</span></span>

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Selene-1.jpg http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Gritta.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/img_2863_thief-1.jpg</span>

</span>Selene came to a screeching halt with the word of a ranger's (Thorondil) "scum". She turned to him and smirked, "what is she to you - your lover?!" she shouted, teasing, "your mouth", she added calmly as he charged, "I don't like it - like this one's pretty eyes. I put those out and have your tongue cut and leave you mumble like my pathetic cousin!" she declared, running towards him with her own blade and pounding her steel against his. "This all you got?! You're not so tough!!" she said, meeting his rage with </span>taunt, "you're an old ranger ain't ya?!" she grinned, "let's see what else you got?" swinging her hips to either side in a challenging stance, waiting for his next swing. A man with blue and red tattoos (Branden) also joined the fight, Selene could see from the corners of her eyes, others join in too. She didn't have time to think it through, but didn't like the idea of a sudden union of strangers, the Mountain Snakes had no allies - but who were they anyway? Well, it didn't matter for the moment. She continued to swing her blade at the ranger (Thorondil) alongside the suddenly appearing man (Branden).

Gritta gave it all she had with the brunette ranger (Jaena), but even with two blades, she couldn't bring her down and was becoming rather furious. The wound at her abdomen had thrown her stance off a bit, and was now stinging and bleeding, tearing bigger with her physical movement. It needed to be taken care of. In one moment of protesting pain, the young swordswoman was distracted, giving the ranger (Jaena) a successful twist of her blade, to make Gritta lose one of her own. The seventeen-year-old bandit gasped as her sword flew off her hands. She had never fought with a single blade, and now knew not what to do. She had never failed, ever, losing even one of her blades was losing the fight. She had lost. That was it. As an unknown man joined the fight suddenly (Nufal), Gritta poorly held her remaining sword in combat for a moment only, but dropped it. As the stranger </span>(Nufal) </span>continued to engage the ranger (Jaena), she put a hand to her stomach region and fell to her knees, she was tired.

Tired of killing for food, tired of being hated, and tired of having to watch death unfold constantly before her eyes. All her life she had felt a hole in her heart - believing two blades and fighting could fill the gap - but they never could. Since the day her father had fallen, she had always wished to join him too, maybe now, she could. Gritta's eyes filled with tears and she looked to the starlit sky above amid the battle happening all about her, she had never noticed it before, it was beautiful. As her bottom lip trembled, she pulled off the green cloth pulling her hair back, letting long cascades descend past her shoulders, and took out a small knife from her boot. No longer than her index finger. She threw her head back, and took the knife across her neck, as her face looked to the stars again, taking her own life.

Selene cursed from where she was, with her jaw dropped, as Gritta's knelt body felt to one side. She ran from the veteran ranger (Thorondil), leaving him to fight the one who had so suddenly come to help her (Branden). </span>Selene kicked the body of Gritta gently, she was dead alright. Weird, so long she had wished for death to happen to her young rival, but she never would have thought- well, at least it saved the twenty-seven year old trouble from killing her herself. Selene quickly shook off the present surprise and searched Gritta's body for anything of use. The dark haired bandit wiped the blood from the small knife the adolescent had used to suicide on Gritta's own clothes and Selene tucked it in her own boot. Never know when you might need it; she thought. Selene didn't realize that steps away from her, was Nufal.

Pike frowned with the sight of a sudden man (Lostmar), he didn't know who he was - and he certainly didn't need his help, but with one arm without feeling or use anymore, he could make use of another set of hands to kill the ranger before him (Beren).
</span>







Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Hallas C. Pehwarin
13/Sep/2011, 03:27 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

</font>The 74-year old Ranger of the North now watched as his new female opponent (Selene</span></font>) halt her advance</font> at his own words. Her expression changed to smirk as she addressed him, "what is she to you - your lover?!" </span>"your mouth" </span>"I don't like it - like this one's pretty eyes. I put those out and have your tongue cut and leave you mumble like my pathetic cousin!" Thorondil now moved into a defensive posture as his female opponent angled her blade to impale him. The veteran ranger parried the blade with his own the sharp 'clang'</span> could be heard amid the din of the various fights. Thorondil now heard his opponent continue to taunt him ,"This all you got?! You're not so tough!!"</span> as she again raised her sword to swing at him again the veteran ranger parried redirecting his blade pressing his advantage aiming to give her shallow cut on the top of her fore head... Thorondil finally spoke his deep </span> basso voice filled with</font> surprise and pride, " Because Mountain Snake SHE IS MY GRANDDAUGHTER!" </font>This revelation was certainly going to cause a brief drop in the fighting between the two sides possibly enough to capture the remaining Mountain Snakes and have the judgment of their Chieftain!

Her next taunt rally did make him feel his age, "you're an old ranger ain't ya?!" </span>Thorondil now flicked his emerald eyes toward the other fighters whom comprised the Mountain Snakes. The duel wielding opponent (Gritta) whom he'd injured with quick pierce to the stomach take her own life! The 74-year old northern d</font>ú</span></font>nedain now flicked his own keen emerald eyes toward his granddaughter Emeralda. </font></span>Thorondil now completely retripled his efforts to defend his fellow rangers and his family! He aimed his two swords to pierce his opponent in the chest and stomach!


Edited by: Hallas C. Pehwarin

Beren Camlost
13/Sep/2011, 04:05 AM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-40.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-41.pnghttp://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/TheDunedain/bear3.gif
Shadows and Defenders

</font> Oh, loosen up, Tara, Khallador pleaded as they moved through the cool shadows of the night, swiftly slipping through the woods. He knew she was watching him and he felt a pang of sadness, knowing that his behavior had upset Tolkus and made Tarawen worry. I'm behaving, okay ? Khallador told Tarawen and with a heavy sigh he touched her lissome arm, wanting her to stop in their present leafy, moonlit spot ; the stony-faced man spoke to his comrade softly. I'm in control.

I won't turn back ; I could have already done it but I haven't, all right. He released her and straightened. So this Mariane lass, there's a possibility she's not a bad apple - he was still skeptical though and Khallador had noticed how apprehensive even Elegost had been - and it's taken me a few minutes to understand that. Tolkus was right. And here I am still with you trying to go after the enemies that we know are out there. He raked his dark hair with fingertips and said quietly : Just relax...you're making me feel like a criminal.
</font>
*

Beren gave the young saucy woman (Selene) an injured look. Parting is such sweet sorrow, baby ; just imagine all the fun we could have had together. What ? Not even a goodbye kiss, angel ? Beren whirled to face the juggernaut (Pike), striking with his elfin sword but the big brawny behemoth grabbed him by the throat. And squeezed. Not good, Beren reasoned aloud as the Monster lifted him off the ground, clutching his throat ; actually, it sort of sounded like 'Nob-boob' but anyways. Beren dropped his sword, his legs kicking ; Camlost's hands soared upwards to remove the talons gripping his neck but that proved futile. C'mon....big guy, Beren rasped, knowing this was going to lead a bruise...ugly red welts.... Not that attractive...gotta' impress the ladies.... Even on Death's Doorstep, Beren was being an idiot. Suddenly, through the red haze that mantled his vision, he saw lovely young Emeralda coming to the assist ; Beren would have smiled but that was impossible. Funny, Emma was always saving his neck...this time even literally. Beren was starting to think she was a good luck charm...he was going to kiss her if he survived this ; she might slap him but hey.

She'll secretly like it, really, he was certain ; he would have laughed, here he was dying and he was thinking of making out with Emeralda. Beren collapsed ; Emma had shot the brute's crushing arm. Beren wheezed and his mouth opened in a silent scream as he tenderly caressed his throat. He laid there for several seconds, seeing stars and wheeling planets of gold and gleaming green. He breathed sweet, sweet air but his joy was short-lived ; the giant was looming over him, threatening him with a knife. And now there was this other guy trying to help him out. You know, Beren said hoarsely, seizing his sword ; he raised himself unsteadily to his feet and stared daggers at his looming enemy and the other goon. Beren's raptor gaze was steely ; he snarled. This night really isn't going to have a place in my scrapbook of fond memories. You ruined dinner, you tried to kill my friends AND MY COUSIN, and I almost got choked to death. Not. Cool. Beren stalked towards his formidable nemesis ; simultaneously Khallador suddenly leaped onto the campground out of the shadows, swinging his sword in a vicious arc with a battlecry towards the hulking criminal's new friend's neck ; Beren charged the huge man and at the last instant before he could swing his knife at him, Camlost dropped to his knees, sliding his sword across the air, swinging the elfin blade towards the man's torso.</font>

Rainelle Hérandil
13/Sep/2011, 07:16 AM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda Varyanyë
</font>
</font>
Emeralda watched as her arrow was ripped out of the man's arm by himself, and she winced slightly at the thought of how much that must hurt. Then she winced again as her arrow was snapped. Great. Another arrow she would have to replace. Then another bandit(Salene) came rushing at her with the intentions of cutting her eyes out! Emma widened the said eyes, drawing another arrow, but hesitated to shoot it. She didn't want to kill her, and she couldn't get a clear shot to immobilize her without killing her. But before she had to fight her, a fellow ranger, Thorondil, had jumped in front of her attacker and began to fight her instead, defending her.

She was grateful to him for that, and </font>she heard that female bandit saying something, </font>"what is she to you - your lover?!" Emma choked a little as she held back a laugh at the absurdity of that statement.</font> "your mouth, I don't like it - like this one's pretty eyes. I put those out and have your tongue cut and leave you mumble like my pathetic cousin!" </span>She
heard her say, and smirked a bit. 'How lovely.' </font>She thought, rolling
her eyes. At least the girl thought her eyes were pretty, she thought in
amusement. </font>

She now turned her attention back to the enormous guy who was rather intent on crushing poor Beren's throat. Only she saw that now, he had released him and had a dagger out. She had a clear shot at the huge man's neck, but again, she hesitated. </font>She couldn't take a man's life! She just couldn't. She was waiting, trying to get a clear shot somewhere that wouldn't kill him, but would assist Beren, when an arrow struck the ground, falling just short of her feet. She spun to see who was shooting at her, as another arrow came toward her. She jumped back, then dodged behind the tree close to her. Who was shooting at her? Whoever it was, they seemed to be a poor shot. </font>

But she knew not to get over confident and take risks. She had her arrow ready on the string, and took a cautious glanced around the tree, seeking the unknown archer. Ironic, an pair of archers battling each other? She then spotted the culprit(Corben</font>)</font>, lurking hidden behind some bushes. She drew back her bow, taking aim. The second she had begun to release the arrow, she heard Thorondil's reply. </font>"Because Mountain Snake SHE IS MY GRANDDAUGHTER!"</font> Her hand jerked as she spun in shock to face the battle, and look at him in amazement.

Her arrow went wide, and when she realized it, she mentally berated herself for losing control in the moment of the shot, but... that was the most shocking news she had ever heard! She couldn't help glancing back at him, and staring with wide emerald eyes. Was he really her grandfather? How could he know? She was confused, but she knew this was not the time for staring in shock and wondering about things, she was in the middle of a battle!</font>

kassiopi
13/Sep/2011, 03:47 PM
Branden's band: Rodril, Corben, Drefous
Also Nutal and Lostmar

Corben cursed, maybe too loudly, because the arrow didn't find the target again. The ranger (Emma) was wondering where her opponent was and it was a matter of time befor she discovered him. So, he decided to go and attack to her, gaining the advantage of surprise. He took out his short sword and started going to her but not directly;he didn't want to get in the middle of battle. A circle was preferable. Then, he felt a hand grabbing his arm "Where the heck are you going?", Drefous said angry. Corben showed to the direction of the ranger. "Stay here and help Branden." , he ordered him. "I can't!" the man said, then seeing the short bandit's expression tried to explain: "I've shoted twice at her;she'll soon know I'm here. I can take her out now...". Drefous let him go actually. From what he saw, the battle wasn't going to end well; he could understand such things. And if that idiot thought he could defeat a ranger with his petty short sword he didn't care. He returned to the bushes to see how things were going.

Branden had stoped attacking when seeing that his opponent was having an interesting conversation with the female bandit (Selene). Another female, he thought. In these lands, it was rare to see female bandits, and good warriors too. He looked at her interested. There was something familiar, like he had seen the combat moves before. When the older ranger stated that the bow-woman was his grand-daugher Branden looked at her with interest. She was something more than a companion so. And there, in the middle of battle, he could stand alone, planning possible ways of blackmailing the ranger with her life. Then he came back to the present and ran to the ranger(Thorondil) again. He wouldn't need to blackmail anyone if they just died now! Just when the two swords aimed at the chest and stomach of the female bandit he threw his axe to the swords and with as much power as he had pushed the ranger behind, hoping to make him fall. And he indeed had a lot of power. While doing that, he shouted to the other bandit: "Whoever kills them gets their stuff!" He didn't believe that of course, since he planned of killing them all in the end...but in case his band was outnubered he wanted to be sure. Not that the other bandits were to be trusted...

Nutal couldn't believe that the fool female bandit (Gritta) had killed herself. He kept pushing the ranger's (Jaena) blades behind but he didn't actually believed it was possible to come out of it as a winner. But her surely wouldn't kill himself. Women, he thought, trying to be hard and arrogant, but you can't trust them when the time comes. He wasn't sure he believed this for Mariane and Selene...but then, they were just the exceptions. He pulled a knife out of his belt fast and tried to wound the woman to her right arm, but he couldn't use his left hand as well as the right, a fatal mistake.

Lostmar and Rodril backed away while the huge bandit confrontated the ranger (Beren) but as soon as the man with the strange attitude got his feet again and led his blade to the bandit's torso, they attacked. They at least knew each other and could work together. Lostmar aimed for the man's chest, knowing he would drive him back, while Rodril, with his two small daggers attacked from behind and tried to stab him on the back. Right that moment two more rangers arrived. And I thought we're many, Lostmar thought. He backed up the last moment when the male ranger (Khallador) attacked him, hoping Rodril would have the time to wound the other ranger.

In the meantime, Corben arrived to the spot where the archer stood and aimed and approached her from behind. A beautiful lady she was indeed but Corben knew he had to do it. He raised his blade, ready to lead it into her neck.

Mariane, bandit

Mariane heard Tolkus's words carefully. She accepted his opinion. "You are maybe right...I don't know much about rangers after all." She kept smiling at him, then looked away, realizing she may had the same face she had when as a child her mother told her stories of rangers, back in Bree. No, she said to herself, they're the enemies, remember? Or, to be more precise, you are their enemy. She said at last. "Thank you for being so kind. If I ever survive this I'll be telling everyone I know about the rangers' courage and kindness." She didn't have a problem with that, if she had time to loose, the truth that wouldn't harm her could be told.










Edited by: kassiopi

Rainelle Hérandil
13/Sep/2011, 10:34 PM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda Varyanyë
</font>
</font>
Emeralda was still so stunned by what she'd heard Thorondil say that it took her a moment to bring her attention back to the battle. However, she heard a small noise just behind her, as if someone was, maybe trying to sneak up on her? She spun quickly, just in time to see a young(?) bandit about to impale her neck with a short sword!

Reacting instantly, she blocked his blade with a quick strike at his blade hand, using the bow in her left hand since it was the most convenient thing she had to use at the moment. She hoped to knock his hand aside, as she reached for her sword with her right hand. She didn't like fighting in close quarters, she was much better with the bow, but she had to do what she must. And yet, this was a bit too close quarters for even a sword. She thought she might need to get a short sword like that, for situations like this. Hmm.

She didn't take too much time to register these thoughts and ideas, as she was a bit too busy aiming a quick, hard kick at the man's... private spot. She could easily have drawn her sword and aimed a chop at his neck, but that would take a couple more seconds that she didn't have to spare, and would likely kill him, and she just couldn't do that! Hoping that the kick would be enough to bring him to his knees, she drew out her sword so that if things went as she hoped, she could hold it pointed at his throat to make sure he didn't try anything. Maybe she was a bit too merciful...?</font>

Edited by: Rillewen Aran

Hallas C. Pehwarin
15/Sep/2011, 02:09 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The 74 year old descendant of Númenor </font>now quickly flicked his keen emerald eyes toward his fellow ranger Beren dispatch another member of the Mountain Snakes (Pike)! Now Thorondil concentrated his efforts in aiding his granddaughter.. He turned his to face his female opponent (Selene) when he heard something whistling through the air. Instinctively the proud grandfather bowed himself down and rolled forward headed toward his female opponent! He caught the sight of a heavy war make contact with his ranger hand-and half sword intending to kill him! With an almighty shriek did the steel break the finely crafted three and half foot blade in half! The broken sword clattered onto the scattered stones below as the veteran ranger grunted upon making contact with the hard surface of the gray stones covered with green grass. </font>Thorondil's eyebrows narrowed in sadness at the lost of his father's</font> Thoróndur's ranger sword... Now all he had left was the families ancient </font></font></span>Númenórean longsword gripped tight in his left hand and he swung to graze her lightly on her right leg with a deep cut...

</font>Thorondil now rolled to his left and sprang back up into a crouched defensive posture ready to end skirmish. He spoke again his deep bass voice filled with authority and command, "Mountain Snakes Lay down your Arms and Surrender!" "I and my fellow rangers will hereby take into custody!" "Under the right of I, Thorondil </font></span></font>Hérandil</font> as the senior Ranger of the North!" "This Skirmish is over!" </font>Thorondil now waited to hear their replies and if none would surrender then they would have to be slain down to the last ending the threat the Mountain Snakes posed to Eriador....</font>

OOC: Apologies my fellow rangers I was without the internet for most of the day due to a severe DSN server error.smileys/smiley12.gifsmileys/smiley13.gif I will also hopefully get my post up in the other areas across Middle Earth tonight!smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif</font>
</font>

Rior Laegiel
25/Sep/2011, 10:59 PM
NPC Phink Camlost

Phink had asked for some leave from her cavalry duties to travel to the northern parts of Eriador and seek out her brother Beren. She had carefully packed her bag with some food and supplies that she’d thought she needed and even cared to put her blond hair up in a braid before she put her green cloak on and mounted Goldilocks and the two of them rode out to seek her brother. Knowing Beren, she knew he’d most likely be where the danger was, and she’d heard rumors about the robbers and ruffians that had their hide-out in Deadman’s Dike. So that would be a good bet of where she could find her brother, he’d promised her some years ago to take her out on an adventure but she’d kept putting it off thinking she had time to join him on one of his travels. Though now that her neighbor’s daughter, Fyrwyn who was not much older than Phink herself, had died of illness recently she thought that maybe she didn’t have as much time as she thought to spend with her brother. And since he was always out travelling somewhere and was barely at home long enough at a time for them to talk much, Phink thought that she might as well go to him for a while and join him on one of his travels, that way she could have her adventure.

Walking along the road, the last part of it that would take her to Fornost within a couple of hours, Phink led her horse Goldilocks who walked slightly behind her. It hadn’t been that long ago since she had run into a man, one unlike the rest of the humans residing in these part of Middle-Earth, for his skin was slightly darker than that of any other human she had ever encountered either in Rohan or in Gondor and his hair had been black as the feathers of a raven. Making a short stop in Bree, she’d overheard him talking to the Innkeeper of the local Inn, introducing himself as Curzon. She hadn’t taken much notice of the man, at the time and he hadn’t seemed to interested in Phink either, but that would soon prove wrong.

As she walked, lost in her own thoughts of the happenings after she left the Prancing Pony, Phink didn’t notice she’d slowed her pace increasingly until Goldilocks nudged her shoulder with her muzzle. “Oh, I’m sorry,” she said and gave an apologetic smile as she patted Goldilocks forehead. “I’ll be sure to keep up the pace so we’ll reach Beren soon,” she promised “I can’t wait to see him either, at least then we won’t be on our own anymore”. To tell the truth, the thought of having to go the rest of the way between Bree and Fornost alone had been terrifying as she’d left the Inn and it still was, and Phink couldn’t help to wonder what she’d do if her brother wasn’t there. Shortly after she’d passed the gates of the small town and walked far enough to be out of sight from there, she had felt a presence, almost as if someone was following her and she’d been right. Curzon had caught up with her after less than an hour of walking and at first he’d just talked to her like any other person, Phink had even found herself enjoying his company for a while, but that was before he had forced her off the road where he’d raped her. She’d tried to fight him off but he’d been too strong and she didn’t stand a chance. Later, he’d taken off long before she had mustered the strength and courage to get up and start to make her way back towards the town she had recently left.

In Bree, she bought some new clothes and changed into them, throwing away her torn clothes that was also filled with mudd and grass so she wouldn't alert her brother of what had happened when she finally reached him. She also washed off her face and combed her hair. Not bearing to continue her travel north that same day, Phink had paid for a room at the Inn for the night and a hot meal that she’d mostly poked around on the plate as she felt too sick and too violated to actually eat anything. The night didn’t bring any comfort or escape, for she tossed and turned for the first few hours until she couldn't bear the pain and memories anymore, and just crawled up in a fetal position and cried until morning when she got upp at first light and washed off her face before she started her journey. The young rohir woman was quite jumpy as she rode away from the city and passed the place where it had happened just the day before. Though she didn’t meet any other travelers, Phink jumped at every sound she heard, but learned eventually to suppress her anxiety and fear slightly and by the time she had got to where she currently was, she managed to even keep the tears from overpowering her.

She only hoped that she could put up a happy face for her brother, because she knew how much he cared about her and she didn’t want to burden him with this, he had enough to worry about as it was already. Besides, she was determined to enjoy the time she had with him, and make the best of this adventure. Whenever he’d come home and visit her in Rohan, she’d see him leave again what always seemed to be too soon and she’d never know when she’d see him again, and Phink always worried about him that the next time she saw him was at his funeral. Now is not the time to think of such things, she told herself and tried to clear her mind of all the negative thoughts and put a smile on but it felt as fake as she imagined it must look and rid herself of it. As she did, a grimace twisted the features of her face as she had made a wrong move causing her body to hurt. She could bet that she had bruises all over her body because of the dull pain she’d had since her encounter with Curzon, but she had not dared to look in the mirror at the Inn as she had been afraid to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reaching the position of the Defenders of Fornost
Phink Camlost

When she reached Fornost, Phink had no idea of what to expect, but she wasn’t at all prepared for the sight that would meet her. She knew what this places was known for of course but she didn’t expect to walk into Fornost in the middle of an ongoing battle. Though that was just what she did and she cursed to herself as she drew her sword that she was glad now that she had brought as well as her dagger. As she didn’t recognize anyone at first glance, she scanned the area for her brother as she stood as well hidden as possible not too far from the battle. Her brown eyes soon found the person she was looking for and her first instinct was to run over to him and help him with his opponent but she also knew rushing into a fight without thinking wasn’t any good. Was that their cousin Khallador?, she wondered in surprise as she saw him leap onto the campground. It had been too long since she’d seen him, even longer than since she last saw her brother, but Khallador had always been like a brother to her and as she saw him a wide smile spread across her face.

Still crouching in her hiding place, Phink waited for the right moment to enter the scene, hoping the enemies wouldn’t spot her until then. Or perhaps it was better for her to stay where she was?, the rohir wondered suddenly feeling a bit shaky at the thought of having to do battle. Silently she wondered if this fear after the attack on her way here would last forever, and how could she continue her cavalry duty when she found herself hesitating to go into a fight. She’d be of no use to her fellow riders if she froze up every time it really mattered and the thought of having to leave the cavalry was grieving. But she couldn’t see what choice she had left. Now get a grip and pull yourself together, Phink snapped at herself as she bit her lower lip, these kind of thoughts doesn’t help anyone.

Turning her focus back to what was going on not so far away from her own position, she felt a lonely tear roll down her left cheek and dried it with the sleeve of her shirt and wet it with some water from her half full skin, rubbing the wet part of the sleeve over her eyes and cheeks in hopes that her brother wouldn’t notice her recent crying when he had the time to greet her. Perhaps he’d even have the time to talk for a moment before moving on to whatever he had to do when this was all over, Phink also hoped that he’d let her come with on the mission since she hated to think that she had come all this way only to have to turn back and alone at that, and besides looking at him now even from her distance she thought Beren looked to her like he could need some time to rest up after this fight.

</font>
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/pinklilies2007/phink7.jpg

Tarawen
26/Sep/2011, 03:53 AM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North
Shadow Company

Brow furrowed, Tara listened to Khall talk as they walked away from the Shadow Company's camp. It wasn't that she was upset to be leaving them--rather, she was quite glad to move away from Mariane. The woman had given her much cause for doubt, and Tara hated feeling that way. It felt good to have something to do. No, it was the tenseness she felt between herself and Khallador. She was able to relax a little, though, once he spoke to her more softly. "Okay," she said in response to his assurance that he was in control. "But don't misunderstand my actions," she corrected him. "I don't trust Mariane for a second--never did from the moment she wandered into our camp. I just want to know you're in control, so you don't get hurt." She said this last bit softly, so as not to imply that he was weak in any way--just that she was concerned about what a fiery temper and sense of vindication in his suspicion of Mariane's intentions might land him. "I'm just waiting for her to slip up and reveal that she's for sure not to be trusted to the rest," Tara continued, as Khall let go of her arm.

They walked on together, softly in the moonlight, aiming for the Defenders of Fornost's camp. Tara shivered a bit in the evening breeze but continued walking tall and proudly; she never wanted to betray any sense of weakness or frailty coming from her. It was her way to be strong and to hold herself to the highest expectations. She knew of many women who would want men to dote on them, playing up their weakness to gain attention. She hated to see women act like that.

The two rangers were close to the other company's camp now. The firelight had grown brighter and the sounds of people shouting and fighting reached their ears. Tara wasn't surprised to hear Beren calling above the rest. Suddenly she sensed that Khallador had departed from her side, leaping into the midst of the brawl. Seeing that Khall had unsheathed his sword, Tara did the same and gave a cry as she followed her comrade into the thick of things. She saw a mess in front of her--bodies strewn across the ground, blood soaking the dirt. Her eyes fell immediately on Beren, who was engaged with two bandits intent on taking his life. Khall threw himself at one of them (Lostmar), so Tara took on the other (Rodril). "Don't you know it's not fair to double-team?" she asked mockingly of the bandit. "Now it's time to see how you do in a fair game!" Her blade slashed through the air at him, and seeing that he held small daggers that wouldn't hold up very well against her father's Gondorian longsword she grinned. "Ha!" she cried, elated at the action she had found here and knowing her actions and words had challenged him to a fight to the death.

</font>

Tolkus
26/Sep/2011, 01:54 PM
Shadow Company</font>The night was wearing on and Tolkus looked up from his hood that covered his face. He saw his two people standing guard. He knew where Elegost was or was suppose to be. He then looked to Mariane, she looked asleep though he wasn't sure. Like this she seemed harmless and fragile like the helpless desperate person she was tring to convay to the group. For a moment, only for a moment Tolkus felt truely sorry for her and her plight. Yet the words of Khallador ring in his ears and this was the nagging thought and doubt. Experiance taught him to be warry and non trusting, this kept you alive out here. Tolkus got up tring not to disturb Mariane and told Halvorn and Dairen, "Your shift is over, try and get some rest. I'll keep the watch now." He then motioned to Elegost to come down to the camp. While he waited on Elegost to arrive he put a couple of logs on the fire and readyed his sword just in case. Though they had not seen or heard anything in the night so far.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
26/Sep/2011, 04:22 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company
</font></font>
The 59-year old ranger had stood watch for the last few hours his </font></font></font></font>keen blue-grey colored eyes keeping a vigilant watch over his fellow </font>d</font></font>únedain. Halvorn then felt a hand on his left shoulder of his ranger attire and turned to face whomever it was his left hand clenched tightly around the hilt of his families</font> N</font>úmenorean longsword</font> resting inside its wooden scabbard </font>covered in
dark blue leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. It was his bands' leader Tolkus! Instantly Halvorn relaxed a bit as his leader spoke informing him that his shift was now over and that he should get some rest. The seasoned ranger nodded his saggy browned haired head in ascent grateful to finally get a few hours of needed sleep heading to where he'd pitched his small grey two-person tent which blended in with the remaining standing stonework of Fornost Erain. He was glad to prepared his bed roll of black and blue blankets and slowly lowered himself to a prone position allowing his head to rest against his leather pack which served during long assignments as his pillow.

With his keen </font>blue-grey colored eyes still</font> fixed upon Mariane did Halvorn utter a silent warning his pale pink lips barely moving, "May death find you quickly if you deceive us with your stories young lass." "For any remaining riches that lay within Fornost's proud remains belong to us!" " The surviving </font>D</font></font>únedain of Arnor and our long lived Chieftains!" </font>With this warning spoken did Halvorn drift off into a deep restful sleep....</font>

Asha'bellanar
27/Sep/2011, 01:42 AM
Elegost</span> NPC</span></span>
The Shadow Company</span></span>
</span>
Elegost had kept a vigilant watch during his time in the oak tree, occasionally sending out his hawk </span>Hérion</span> to fly above the campsite. He really hadn't noticed the time go by, perhaps too alert to feel it. When the time came, his leader Tolkus instructed him to rest now. The 64-year-old ranger came down immediately and thanked him in a firm nod. He said nothing for the sake of keeping things quiet for the others. No danger or sign of it did Elegost need to report, he laid down to sleep next to his comrades but mediated on what could be happening with the Defenders. He knew if things should go ill for them here he would need his strength, thus, he pushed aside the thought, placing his bow and quiver beside him. He looked once more at Mariane before putting his head back down. </span>Hérion</span></span> curled up against his master's head and the bird closed its eyes as well. The nervous mare Nionwen finally came to down to sleep as well, since she saw her master at rest, she had become much more relaxed.
</span></font>
</span>http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%203/Elegost.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Hri&#111;n.jpghttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l395/shybutnotforpics/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%204/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg</span>





Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Rian Eliowen
27/Sep/2011, 04:25 AM
Dairen had been on watch now for a double shift, and so was very glad when he was relieved by Tolkus.His eyes felt gritty from trying to pierce the shadows of the dark night and he was by now chilled to the bone from standing motionlessin the darkness. His senses had been on alert for the past hour, as the sounds of distant fighting were occasionally carriedacross the otherwise still evening from the other camp. Dairen wondered how Tarawen and Khallador were faring, as they had not yet returned. While waiting for their return, either dead or alive, he cast himself on the ground down near the fire to try to warm up and closed his eyes. He was aware of Elegost and Halvorn also taking their rest. Sleep was unlikely, but they had to resttheir bodies in order to be ready to respond towhatever would come. It felt like a very long night.

Beren Camlost
01/Oct/2011, 09:08 PM
Beren's elvish blade inexorably sliced through the giant (Pike) and two parts of his body fell away like a collapsing shattered tower ; Camlost flourished his bloody weapon, gazing at the next villain (Lostmar) icily who was going to attack but Khallador was there, leaping out of the shadows with Tarawen, swinging the cutting edge of his sword towards the man's right hip. That didn't kill him, a flesh wound, but Khallador snatched his bullwhip off his belt with his opposite hand and cracked the air, loosening the coil.

Khallador aimed, striking like a Harad cobra, towards the blackguard's left ankle. And pulled taut once the cord fastened tight. Down swept his longsword, its steel glimmering reddish-orange in reflection of the campfire, when the man had fallen.... Meanwhile, Beren pivoted, seeking another ruffian to slay. His gray eyes widened as he saw Jaena being assailed. With an ursine growl, Beren lunged to her defense ; knowing that his dear stout-hearted cousin wouldn't appreciate Beren eliminating her quarry, he sought only to falter to him, sweeping his weapon's blade in a whistling arc to sever the right ear of Jaena's attacker.

OOC @ Rior (( You're here *hugs* ! Since you're in hiding, Beren, Jaena, and Khall will discover you after the fight *g*.</font>))
</font>

Asha'bellanar
01/Oct/2011, 11:24 PM
Selene</span></span></span> NPC</span>
Bandit - Attacking The Defenders of Fornost</span></span>

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Selene.jpg

Gritta the thief was gone now, after taking her own life. An attempt to join her father in the afterlife, at least that's what Selene had been told when she was young. That the Great Snake, Lord of the Underworld, fed on the souls of those innocent people they killed, but what made him truly pleased was devouring those of warriors, such as the rangers. When Selene died, according to the lectures of her father Selzar, the Great Snake would see the dark mark on her face and spare her. Gifting her treasures befitting royalty, and a glorious castle in his dark realm. Oh how she looked forward to that day, to have a golden circlet placed on her head with encrusted rubies, and a velvet cushioned lounge to rest upon for eternity! And better yet, without her pesky cousins to share in that glory. No doubt he had swallowed their essence, for they did not have the fang tattoo that she did. But right now, she was here, engaging the guardians of Eriador, and becoming quite cross by the events that had unfolded thus far. Selene looked up from where she knelt, and her blood boiled at the sight of one who was all too familiar to her. Nutal. The twenty-seven year old had never forgotten the ones who had betrayed her. Selene tightened her lips as her face blushed to a shade of bright red. The bandit reached for her sword, as Nutal fought for his life, she would seize the opportunity and make him pay for what he and her former apprentice, did to her years ago. As she came to standing, the old ranger (Thorondil) severed her right leg.

Selene screamed in a high pitch and fell to the ground. Laying on her back as that portion of her body hemorrhaged, she reached for several nearby rocks and threw them at the ranger, cursing angrily. Selene gathered dirt in one hand and hurled it him. She quickly pushed herself up and attempted to run away. Selene limped only several feet before collapsing in a loud thump. The dark-haired vixen, complained in cries at the stinging pain of her wound. She put both of her hands to her leg, and waited to be finished off by the ranger (Thorondil). Even in her last moments, if that's what they would be, Selene reflected on her life satisfied with her immoral accomplishments. Not one sense of remorse, shame, or conviction did her stone-cold heart feel. If she had a choice to live her existence all over again, Selene wouldn't have done anything different. She had done nothing wrong, in her mind... From the corner of eye did Selene see the last of the senior Mountain Snakes, Pike, die. Sliced at the midsection by the handsome vermin (Beren). Even as unfeeling as she was, Selene still found herself attracted to him. Too bad she was entirely allergic to his charm, otherwise, they could've had something. Though she would sooner kill him, than kiss him. She was incapable of love, compassion, or good. Selene's heart was born as black as a starless night, she was vile down to her core. A living monster, and proud of it. As the battle continued all around her, the murderess laid flat on the ground, bleeding. Waiting for whatever would come next.</span></span>
</span>



















Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Hallas C. Pehwarin
02/Oct/2011, 03:49 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

</font>Thorondil was not surprised at all when none of the Mountain Snakes choose to continue to fight until the last person.</font></font></span>The female bandit named Selene screamed in pain at the slash that he'd made to her leg and now tried to crawl away! The veteran ranger now moved forward his families ancient </font></span>Númenórean longsword gripped in his right hand, its 3 and half foot steel blade covered in the blood of his enemies... Now 74-year old northern d</font>únedain emerald eyes gleamed with somber fury and advanced to the disabled female bandit. </font>Thorondil spoke softly his deep bass voice quiet, "The Mountain Snakes now will be eliminated and no longer</font></font></span>harm the innocents of Eriador."

The direct descendant of the 'faithful' of N</font>úmenor now </font>held his prisoner in place by pinning her with his foot pressing it against her lower back causing her to fall face forward onto the soaked ground of the battlefield. The veteran ranger now glanced toward his fellow kin with his keen and bright emerald eyes wondering if they would face more bandits attacking the ruins of Fornost or worse Ann</font></font></span></font>úminas</font>.....


</font>



Edited by: Hallas C. Pehwarin

Tolkus
03/Oct/2011, 03:10 PM
Shadow Company</font>The night was wearing on and Tolkus still had not seen or heard from Khallador or Tarawen and was getting concernd. The rest of the Company were resting piecfully and that was good for they needed it. He also kept a close eye on thier charge Mariane. He stoked the fire once more as dawn would not bebut two hours awaynow. As quietly as possible Tolkus got out the previsions and began to start making the Compinies breakfast.

kassiopi
04/Oct/2011, 10:21 AM
NPCs: Branden, Drefous, Corben, Nutal, Rodril, Lostmar



Corben cried in agony as the Ranger (Emma) girl hit him in
a very sensitive part of his body. He cursed loudly trying to crawl
towards the girl but his dagger had fallen somewhere nearby and she was
holding a sword on her hand. That was a difficult situation indeed. He
looked at her. Why didn't she killed him like the other Rangers did with
the other bandits? There was something strange in her eyes...doubt
maybe? Corben wasn't a so much smart person but he could grab an opportunity when it appeared. "You don't belong here lass! Why don't you go to do some laundry?" he said ironically. Well, he grabbed the opprotunity but didn't handle it quite well!



In the meantime, Rodril was attacked by one more Ranger (Tarawen). It seemed that more Rangers were somewhere in the area and now they had come to help their people. Rodril found himself battling a skilled female Ranger that accused him of playing dirty in the battle. "Well, you obviously have no idea that fair game means nothing to us! And we're proud of it!" Their
swords clanged for some time and Lostmar knew he could not win this one
if he played fair. There was no such thing in their world. He made a
manouevre avoiding her sword and ran behind her. Then he kicked the soil
in the ground and a cloud of dust covered the Ranger. "See now how fair game is for losers!"
he cried and then, laughing like a maniac, he swang his blade towards
the woman and drove it into her left arm. The blood was black in the
night against her dark clothes and Rodril could not see it but
he had heard the soft skin opening and had almost smelled the fragrance
of the wound. She was injured now and Rodril was ready to finish her. He raised his sword above her.



Now Branden saw that all his useless minions and Mariane's men as well were killed in front of his eyes. Drefous was nowhere to be seen but that did not surprise the barbarian. Rodril did some good work with the new Ranger and Nutal and Lostmar were still fighting but they were outnumbered. The other group of bandits was almost eliminated, just the woman (Selene) stayed, and now the veteran Ranger (Thorondil) would never leave her escape. Branden knew
that he could slay some of them but not all, in the end he would be
killed. So, as every normal bandit he made his decidions fast and
abandoned the place of battle, not for fear he kept telling himself, at
least not for the fear of these scums. The fear of death was a very
important factor and Branden knew it was a fear that could keep you alive. Since that was his most important goal in life, it would do. Knowing that Drefous would
follow him soon he vanished in the bushes and the road that led to the
ruined city of the ancient kings. If he didn't have Ranger blood he
would ,by all means, have the treasure.



Edited by: kassiopi

Rior Laegiel
07/Oct/2011, 03:50 AM
NPC Phink Camlost
~ Still Hiding ~

Crouching in her hiding place while watching the battle, Phink clenched her right hand around the hilt of her sword until it hurt, as she held it resting against her knees just below the kneecaps. Hating herself for not going in there to help, she felt like a coward but there was no way, nothing to tell herself, to force herself into that mix of people. Changing her position, she kneeled on the ground, putting her sword in her lap. Phink closed her eyes as the tears threatened to overwhelm her again and she drew a deep shaky breath. Her body started shaking slightly as she felt the, by now, familiar cold spread inside her. Why? The young woman had no answer to this silent question that echoed inside her.

Releasing her grip around the hilt of her sword letting it slide to the ground before her knees, Phink drew the cloak tighter around her body to keep whatever warmth she had left. It was easier said than done and her fingers started feeling cold as well even though the autumn air was still warm this time of day. The dull pain that had subsided for a while as she sat there watching the rangers and the bandits, came back with full force again and she bit her lower lip to keep a groan of pain from escaping her and reveal her location to the wrong people. Bringing her hands up to her mouth, Phink blew hot air on her fingers as she rocked her body, trying to push back the cold coming from inside but she didn’t quite manage.

The brave girl that she once was had now been broken down and what remained felt almost like an empty shell of a young woman. At this moment Phink felt so small as the memories of Curzon washed over her and all hope of regaining her own sense of value and belief in herself seemed awfully far away. Shivering in the gentle breeze that passed her, she stood up to find the mittens that Faye had made her pack, and finding them Phink put them on happy that her friend had insisted she’d bring them with her even though she’d thought Faye was being silly. She hadn’t thought she’d need them this time of year, but apparently she’d been wrong.

The sounds of the battle field still reached her ears even if she wasn’t looking anymore and she wondered if she’d reached it at its starting point or if it would soon be over. Phink hoped for the latter but at the same time, for the first time in her life, she experienced a sudden fear of having to face her brother. Overwhelmed with the feeling, it weakened her and fell to her knees. There was so much shame and guilt rushing over her, Phink felt dirty and the nagging voice in her head telling her that the rape was all her fault started making itself known again. How could she face Beren, her sister or her cousins for that matter, when she wasn’t even half the woman she’d been when she last saw either of them?

Perhaps it would be better for everyone if she just left, the problem was that she couldn’t return home either. She’d be as much burden and disgrace to her sister as was to the people here. No, she’d have to go the furthest away from the people she loved that she could think of. The only problem was that it would lead her far east, to the lands south of Mordor and she really had no desire to visit those lands. Yet, she knew what she had to do and if those lands were the only place to go, she would go there and no one needed to know what she’d done. Silent tears started rolling down her cheeks and she shifted her position so she could rest her forehead against her kneecaps and wrap her arms around her legs.

</font>
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/pinklilies2007/phink7.jpg

(sounds good, i'll just stay hidden then :D</font>)</font>





Edited by: Rior Laegiel

Rainelle Hérandil
07/Oct/2011, 08:09 PM
"You don't belong here lass! Why don't you go to do some laundry?"
Emma narrowed her eyes and smirked slightly. "You want me to do laundry? Perhaps I'll hang you out to dry then, you dirty scum." She held her sword point right at his throat, the tip touching lightly enough to tickle, but not to draw blood. "Surrender and I'll allow you to live." She told him, her voice firm and commanding, her emerald eyeshardened somewhat. She could be far too compassionate sometimes, but she could also hide it pretty well, when she tried.

Tarawen
09/Oct/2011, 04:53 AM
Tarawen, Ranger of the North
Shadow Company

Her lip curled in sarcastic response to the bandit's typical-bad-guy remark that "fair game is for losers!" "I'm not impressed by your attitude," she sneered as she sidestepped the bandit's blade, though her comment cost her the fraction of a second she needed to avoid the stab of his blade. The point of his sword pierced her left arm, a cold pinch that escalated to a fiery agony in seconds.

The small slit in her shirt belied the pain she was in, though she remained stoic. The only sign of her wound--aside from the bleeding, of course--was that she was now biting her lip instead of letting it curl in mockery of her opponent. His arms were raised, sword poised to drop and end her life when she mustered all the strength of will she could to tuck and roll to the side, avoiding the blow. She straightened, using the momentum of her roll to strengthen the force of the swipe she aimed at his leg. Her aim was true. She felt the blade meet resistance as it cut into his flesh.

Trusting that the bandit was distracted by this new turn of events, Tara swung her blade around, straightening its course and aimed a powerful stab at his torso. She hoped it would hit his heart, and threw her legs into the effort to give power to the blow. The point of her sword met its mark, sinking into his chest as far as she could push it. His eyes opened wide as he noticed the sword protruding from his chest, and Tara knew it was a death-blow. She let the blade sit there, watching his expression change. The pain in her left arm flared again, shaking her from this moment of grim but merciless satisfaction.

With a wrench, she pulled her sword from the man and turned to take in the sights of the battle. She saw one of the bandits slipping into the shadows away from the battle, and took in the sight of Beren taking off the ear of another. She rushed to meet Khall, seeing his opponent lying dead at his feet. "I'm injured," she said softly and bluntly, not wanting to betray the pain of her wound. Her arm of her shirt, dark originally, was now soaked with a deep stain. The soaked sleeve glistened in the light of the fire.

</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
10/Oct/2011, 02:26 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

Thorondil </font>Hérandil now released his booted foot from the now injured Mountain Snake bandit named </font>Selene. The veteran ranger now grabbed her uninjured side hauling her up and set her against the trunk of nearby tree as he turned his shaggy black and grey haired head quickly side to side scanning the battleground with his keen and bright emerald eyes... He now snarled upon hearing a comment made by another male bandit (Corben</font>) to his granddaughter Emeralda! Now he focused his attention on the remaining </font>Mountain Snake band wondering if they'd all retreat and leave their comrades behind to face the stern justice of his Chieftain; who was by blood the direct descendant of elder son of Elendil of </font>N</font>úmenor.... It was many thoughts that rumbled around in his keen mind being just little under a decade of age behind his Chieftain...

The 74- year old northern d</font>únedain now flicked his</font> keen and bright emerald eyes back to the bandit </font>(Corben</font>)</font> advancing with a heavy tread his tall knee high leather boots leaving a distinct imprint on the few scattered stones and covered grasses for any average hunter or herdsman to track even in wet weather.... His deep bass voice issued out from his pale pink lips as Thorondil spoke his tone still commanding and strong, "Mountain Snakes!" " Since you're choosing to flee so be it we'll hunt you down until the lands of Eriador are free from the likes of you!" " Those you leave behind will be judged and punishment handed out by our Chieftain!"Now Thorondil waited to see if their comrades would attempt to rescue any of their injured fellows.... His keen and bright emerald eyes now tried to pierce the dark surroundings of the camp to see if any of his fellow rangers from the nearby Shadow Company were waiting to ensnare those who did wish to try....

OOC: Evening all its been a little while since I last posted so I'm giving our other rangers those at the edge of the skirmish to get involved and score some prisoners for later interrogation!smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif</font>
</font>

Almarëa Mordollwen
10/Oct/2011, 07:53 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7056/jaenaic&#111;n2.jpg</span>Defenders of Fornost</span></font>
</span></font> Beren took Nufal's right ear off with a well-aimed blow, and Jaena's sword pierced the bandit's heart not two seconds later. She caught her cousin's eye and grinned. They made a fairly good team, in Jaena's humble opinion- and an even better one when Khallwas around. Bringing her attention back to the battlefield, sword and dagger still drawn in her hands, the dark-haired woman surveyed the scene. Emeraldahad her sword to a bandit's throat; Thorondil had handily pinned Seleneto the side of a tree and was addressing the remaining bandits. Jaenawaited, tense and alert, to see what their response would be ... somehow she doubted that these bandits would make matters easy for them.</span></font></span>

Asha'bellanar
11/Oct/2011, 04:43 AM
Selene</span></span></span> NPC</span>
Bandit - Escaping Into The Ruins Of Fornost</span></span>

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Selene.jpg

The taste of blood-soaked earth filled Selene's mouth with a metal-salty flavor. Her stomach tightened to vomit from sudden disgust, but her lips were stuck, pressed to the ground under the weight of her head. A result, of her spine, being pushed down by the veteran ranger’s boot (Thorondil). No one had ever managed to shut the vixen’s trap, not even her own father, until now. The world almost seemed a little brighter, with the dark-haired woman's poisonous mouth closed. Her wounded leg was numb now. She felt with her hands at her sides, the crimson line that ran up from her injury, and she connected the cause. Selene sighed let her body unwind. For a single moment, the thief and murderer had actually given up. Unless by some random miracle, or some fool’s stupidity, would she be saved. To her own surprise, the second came to pass. Selene felt the merciless grip of the old ranger pull her like dead-weight, to a nearby tree trunk. "Do I look like a squirrel to you?!" she shouted with a mouth full of stained dirt, "I ain't gonna climb the tree, if that's what you want!" But the outlaw's sass seemed unheard, as the seasoned guardian of the Free Peoples charged at a man (Corben). It was the idiot she had been waiting for! Seizing hold of the opportunity, the 27-year-old female pushed herself up to standing, quickly. It was now or never, and Selene wasn't about give anyone the pleasure of her capture. No one had punished her for her crimes, which were quite abundant, and none was ever going to. As long as there was a single breath left in her body. She swayed on her feet now, unbalanced, thanks to her cut shank. Selene leaned with her blade against the tree for a moment, breathing heavily, sweat gathered above her brow. She upchucked finally the soil in her mouth, that had managed to travel down her throat to her belly, and made her escape into the darkness. The wounded leg dragged behind her, but with the use of her strong limb and arms, Selene picked up speed. The Mountain Snake tripped and fell numerous times but kept moving forward.

OOC@All: (Please allow Selene to escape, don't worry, she'll get what she deserves in the end</font> smileys/smiley11.gif)</span></span>
</span>

Beren Camlost
15/Oct/2011, 08:15 PM
</font></span>http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gifhttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/bear-3.gifhttp://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/ic&#111;nforaig.jpg</span></font>
</font></span> Beren grinned lopsidedly at the pugnacious, dark-haired ruffian (Selene) whenThorondil's blade slashed leg ; as she she screamed, hurling rocks and dirt, Beren laughed uproariously. Let her go, friend, Beren told Thorondil and chuckled, watching the young evil bandit limp away into the darkness. She isn't not so dangerous anymore. Beren raised his voice, loud enough for her to hear : "Good night, Hop-along !! Beren launched into another gale of laughter. His mirth subsiding he turned to Jaena and grinned broadly. We make a good team, cos, Beren modestly announced, curling an arm around Jaena to embrace her. How about you relax a little, Jae ? Beren asked simply as if they hadn't just been through a harrowing experience and Jaena's confident relative kissed her cheek. </font></span>
</font></span> As you can see, there's really nothing to worry about now... Beren removed his arm to slowly gesture, indicating the bloody, severed corpses strewn across the glade. Only three enemies had escaped and Emma had another guy (Corben) cornered. Bema's beard, are you the only merciless woman in this team ? Beren asked Jaena and rolled his gray eyes ; he strode towards Emeralda. Move aside, darlin', I'll take care of this, Beren ordered Emeralda sharply, motioning with his head for her to remove her guard on the scoundrel. Beren's fey countenance could have hammered down a wall as he seized the ruffian by his collar. My Pa always told me never put off till tomorrow people that you could kill today. Beren slammed the fiend against the hardwood trunk of a nearby tree. </font></span>
</font></span> I disapprove of your very existence and I'd like to consider ending it right this moment but self-control unfortunately has gotten the better of me.The reddish-gold light of the campfire set his fey visage aglow, making the big bellicose Ranger appear more fearsome than he looked. Beren roughly threw the outlaw at the ground, close near the limits of the camp. Run, Beren commanded, standing akimbo, and don't let me catch you in Fornost. I'll remember your face. Always. My people hunt your kind - if you become nothing better than a cut-throat for the rest of your life I advise looking over your shoulder ; I'll probably be coming after you. No, don't talk - shut your mouth or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you. Run. And you tell all the other curs with Fornost on the mind that the Shadows are coming and It. Is. Defended.When he had disappeared, Beren turned to regard Emeralda. One of these days you're going to have to kill, Beren lectured young Emma with a flinty gaze and thrust a finger towards her. Sometimes the devils don't deserve to live. He walked around her. These vermin are cruel. They steal, murder and sully innocent people, burn farms, raid villages and commit a thousand different other disgusting crimes and whenever we let them go, they just show up again later doing the same dishonorable thing. </font></span>
</font></span> Beren held her arms from behind and whispered in her ear, squeezing her limbs tight for a moment, wanted her to understand : Just stab them dead and feel guiltless about it ; would they let YOU surrender ? No. Remember, you could get yourself killed being so merciful or you get the people around you killed. He released her and looked at the Defenders. Emora isn't here yet and we have a mission to complete ; we need to get in the city immediately. So should we appoint a new leader until Emora finds us or work together as a team without someone in charge ? Meanwhile grim Khallador loomed over the corpse of his enemy (Lostmar), sheathing his blade ; his stony features softened as Tarawen came to him, telling him bluntly in a velvet tone that she was injured. Her arm had been pierced, her sleeve was sodden with her own blood. I'll get you back to camp, he spoke quietly, touching her shoulder. Jaena, Beren - do take care of yourselves ? How often must I save both your necks ? Beren smirked, nudging Jaena. Next time it'll be you, Sour Puss, who needs to get bailed out of a nasty pickle ! We'll be gloating, Mr. Invincible. </font></span>
</font></span> Khallador waved them off and disappeared with Tarawen. Athess, still gripping her short-sword, scoured the outskirts of camp. The beautiful, brown-haired gray-eyed Dúnadan woman appeared small and delicate but she was tough as dragon-scale. Athess came upon a younger woman who was weeping ; she held a sword. Athess pursed her full coral lips, hesitant, calculating. She had golden tresses ; the bandits had not. She didn't think the girl had been an ally of the outlaws. Who are you, girl ? Athess asked, edging closer slowly. The maiden might find that peculiar phrase unusual since Athess appeared her age. She was much older though. Did those ruffians slay your family that lives nearby and you tracked them to take revenge ? Athess wondered. She put her arms around the crying young lady. I'm sorry you had to see such violence ; we were overwhelmed and had to protect ourselves. </font></span>
</font></span>*</font></span>
</span>http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gif</span>
</span>Shadows Camp</font></span>
</font></span><i style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; "> Tolkus, Elegost, sorry we're late ; we had to eliminate a few people who crashed the Defenders' supper, [/i]<b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]announced to his friends wryly, gingerly supporting </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Tarawen [/b]who was bleeding profusely ; he would have healed her at the Defenders' outpost, but they were on their way to Fornost and </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]had forgotten his healing pack here. </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]stared at </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Mariane [/b]accusingly as he eased </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Tarawen [/b]to a sitting position near where he had left his sleeping roll. </font><i style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">[/i]<b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; font-style: italic; ">Tara[/b]<i style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; "> is injured and we must tend to her quickly before she loses her limb, [/i]<b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]stated ; as usual, </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khall [/b]clearly, sadly announced the the severity of the crisis. He was, as they liked to say in Bree 'a Johnny Rain-cloud.'</font><i style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Tolkus, I need you to heat some water, sir[/i]. </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]removed a kettle from out of his pack and passed it to him. </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Tolkus [/b]was the leader and so </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]gave him his report ; </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Elegost [/b]would also want to know what had happened. </font><i style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">The Defenders were attacked by some ruffians, some thugs who were inbound to Fornost.[/i] He removed jars and bandages from his pack. </font><i style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">One of them has an injured leg, a woman, she escaped ; I think it's two men who also got away. We must be on guard. Perhaps Elegost's bird can do some ranging when it feels rested ?[/i] <b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador [/b]removed the top of a jar filled with Bruinen water infused with thyme ; he used its contents to sterilize his hands so he could operate on </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Tara[/b]. </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Lord Elrond[/b]<b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">[/b]had created it, being influenced by the healers of </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Lady Galadriel[/b]</font> who mixed thyme with the waters of Nimrodel for the same purpose and he had sent healers to Osdolen to give crates of the cleaning agent to the nearest Ranger outpost. There were lone jars of Bruinen water also to invigorate weary soldiers ( </font>HERE (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/archives/display_topic_threads.asp?Archive=4&amp;ForumID=30&amp;Top icID=189243&amp;PagePositi&#111;n=1); the old feast - and several others -states that the waters of the Bruinen River which flows by Imladris is energizing and refreshing. Since the Nimrodel flows through Lórien and is also used as a healing and cleaning agent by its medics, I hope I haven't gone too far with suggesting the Bruinen can do the same, and infused with thyme can be beneficial to Adab Nestad. I'll discuss it being used there with Alma, the Minestor, tomorrow</font>). </font><b style="color: rgb102, 102, 0; ">Khallador </font>[/b]retrieved mortar and pestle from his pack ; he placed rose petals and hips into the little bowl and began to grind. </font></font></span>
</font></span> He then applied the mixture to the kettle that Tolkus heated then soaked a rag within. This will speed the healing process, Tara, Khallador informedand used his other hand not holding the rag to remove a vial of orange fluid from out of his pack. Elegost, he addressed and tossed it at him, give this to Tarawen ; it's coriander, a pain relief...she'll need it. He muttered that it was citrus flavored, pretty tasty. After Elegost gave that to her, Khall removed the rag and motioned for Elegost to sterilize the container the coriander had been in with the Bruinen-thyme. Wash your hands with that stuff, too, then tear her sleeve, Elegost ; I need to rub this cloth on her wound. Tolkus, use the Bruinen-thyme to clean your hands then could you sprinkle some cayenne and sorrel powder on a cloth ? C</span>ayenne</span>should help stop the bleeding and the sorrel root will prevent infection, Khallador explained. Once Elegost had torn the blood-soaked sleeve of Tarawen's shirt, leaving her arm bare, Khallador gently rubbed the mixture of rose and its hips against her wound, cleaning it. Tolkus, you can apply the sorrel and canyenne, Khallador instructed now. He looked in his bag for silk thread and curving needle. After you do that, Tolkus, I'll begin to sew her wound. Afterwards, sir, could we slip into Fornost ? There might be another force of bandits lurking around.</span></font>
</font>














Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Hallas C. Pehwarin
15/Oct/2011, 10:23 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The 74-year old ranger then turned his weathered face to see that his captive female bandit escape from the camp heading into another section of Fornost's vast ruins that had made up one of the great cities of the northern kingdom. Thorondil nodded approvingly as he heard Beren warn the fleeing bandits. So did he as the senior ranger allow them to run and crawl back to whatever cave or place that they called home. Now he'd caught part of a lecture that Beren gave to his granddaughter Emeralda about having to slay enemies. The middle aged northern descendant of ancient N</font>úmenor now moved over to where his granddaughter was and sighed.

Finally did he speak his deep bass voice quite calm for having just engaged in a bloody skirmish. "Granddaughter as Beren said you will have to take a life of some low-life bandit." "And yes you may feel pity and guilt.. But remember the oath we all swore to defend our people and those throughout Eriador. " "One quick stab or thrust and the deed is done." " Besides I nearly lost your grandmother to a moment of indecision." Thorondil paused in his own lecture it being true since he'd did nearly lose his long loving wife to several brigands! But he'd persevered and slain all of the brigands notching own ancient N</font>úmenórean </font>longsword when he'd dealt with the ragged and dark skinned leader.

Then Beren raised the issue of who should serve as acting leader of the Defenders since Emora had yet made it into the city. Thorondil immediately looked around his fellow rangers with his keen and bright emerald eyes and spoke, " That duty falls to me Beren." "As I'm the senior ranger currently here within the ruins of Fornost. " "Though I'll command only the Defenders and whom ever commands the Shadow Company will lead them." Thorondil now slowly sat down on an outcropping of the crumbling ruins of one of many buildings that ran throughout the city and waited to see who'd ask additional questions regarding their assignment.....

OOC: Aig, Tolkus since my beloved Likus has been busy of late in RL I'd like to become the acting leader of the Defenders please. I'll PM her and ask if this would be acceptable since she has been dealing with her mother who has recently had a a heart attack and is in the hospital! My prayers are with her and her family as her mother recovers from the dreadful dilemma.smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley13.gif</font>
</font> </font>
</font>Elrond edit : </font>Hallas, you definitely can be the leader of the Defenders and it would make sense because you're the eldest Ranger even of both squads. So it'll be you and Tolkus, my friend smileys/smiley11.gif, who will lead these teams. Thank you for always stepping up when I need someone to be captain. It really saddens me to hear of what happened to Angel's momsmileys/smiley7.gif; I will PM her my condolences.</font>
</font>

Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Asha'bellanar
16/Oct/2011, 12:00 AM
</span>Elegost</span> NPC</span></span>
The Shadow Company</span></span>
</span>He had sleep well that night, but without dreams. Even in slumber, Elegost had still kept his senses alert. Nevertheless, he had rested, and woke up feeling refreshed for another day, and whatever would come along with it. Sitting up, the ranger's head turned to Tolkus, making the morning meal for all of them. Thank goodness, no bugs for breakfast; he thought, smiling at the thought of worm omelets. E</font>legost stood and stretched his limbs, as </font>Hérion</span></font> his falcon cried a 'good morning' in the language of animals, coming to perch himself on his master. Nionwen lifted her head and came up to standing also. He walked to her and stroked her head. "I bet your hungry" smiled Elegost, "don't worry, I'll get you something tasty" Patting her gently, the ranger approached Tolkus. His head turned quickly to the voice of Khallador, and Elegost dropped everything at the sight of a wounded Tarawen. Before he could ask anything, Khallador had read his mind. Quickly he nodded his head. "Of course" said Elegost, looking to his feathered companion. He stood by Khallador as he tended to their female comrade. Elegost gave her the coriander and then washed its container and his rough hands in the Bruinen-thyme water. With the next instructions, he got a hold of Tarawen's crimson-stained sleeve and tore it off.</font>Hérion</span></font> fluttered his wings with the sound of ripping cloth, and Elegost turned his head to Khallador with the mention of 'another force'.</font>
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Elegost.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Hri&#111;n.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg</span>
~*~</font>
</font>
</span></span>http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Rolland.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Alexina.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Ryan.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Angie.jpghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Mo&#111;nshadow.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Jezebel.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Jihad.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Fikri.jpg

</span>Roland, Alexina, Ryan, Angie, Jezebel, Jihad, and Fikri NPCs</span>Bandits - Hell's Fire
</span>Roaming Fornost</span>
</span>As the sun rose and shinned subtle rays down on the ruins of the ancient capital, many figures emerged from behind large boulders and crept onwards. Ahead of them all, was a gruff man, clad in dark brown. Roland was his name. Leader of the Bree-land gang, known as Hell's Fire. A nefarious brotherhood and sisterhood, that had earned its title for pillaging and burning wherever they went in the cultivated territory. But because there were never any survivors in their raids, and all the traces indicating plundering ruffians were singed to ash, the locals in the fields came to believe it was some fell spirit every time that passed by their terrain. Spewing fire to the homes and camps of good people. When Roland was told what the farmers had come to call his group, he laughed. "Aye, and I'm that demon?" he said, and continued to say in the years to come. His brigand association only ever relied on each other, and allied themselves with no one. When a Rhûn man named Selzar had approached him about joining, Roland beat him to a bloody pulp and left him for dead. Just for fun. Never would Roland imagine that this darker-skinned individual would start up a cult induced gang of his own. One, that would outnumber even Hell's Fire. </span>Never would Roland imagine either, that he would bring his farmland thieves into Fornost, in search of the Mountain Snakes.
Tip toeing only paces from him, his wife Alexina. A voluptuous beauty, with the strength to match that of her love. Wearing a strapless leather top, cut off above the abdomen. Pushing up her bosom, and emphasizing her curvaceous body. All appealing maybe, but with a four-foot double-sided axe in her hands, not so much. How her romance with Roland came to be is unknown, but their hearts were bound to one another, and she seldom left his side for anything. Behind her, their eldest offspring, eighteen-year-old Ryan. With a green hood pulled over his dark brown hair, with a temper inherited from his father. He was a sour young man, who snapped at everyone he spoke to in great ire. Holding both a sword and hatchet in his hands. Ready to slice a head open in a moment's notice. Following nervously along, nine-year-old Angie. An angelic face with cascading chestnut hair like that of her mother's. Red paint around limpid eyes. She hugged her passive fox Moonshadow tightly in one arm, as she lifted her burgundy dress off the ground with her other, to move about with ease. The animal was in constantly poor health. His nose dripped, a green wax ran down from his ears, and his eyes were colored pink. Sickly.
Strutting confidently a few feet behind the girl, twenty-nine-year old Jezebel, who Roland called "the devil's charmer". The daughter of Selzar's Easterling sister, Jasheeda, and an Umbar pirate. Younger sibling of her twin mute brothers, Jasper and Jiesuh. Clad in a velvet black cloak, leather protective covering, and netted sleeves. Her ears, decorated with many small golden earrings, reflecting sunlight. A bronze and leather eye patch, to hide a hideous wound. Jezebel's dark hair was tied upwards, and a long blade tied around her petite waist. Holding her hand, seven-year-old Jihad. A dirty boy, with messy sweat-wet hair, and smeared green and brown war paint. His worn thin shirt passed his torn trousers, and he cringed behind his mum with bare feet. Jihad was a bastard son, whose father was unknown to him like most other things. Naive and tossed around like a useless sack, wherever his only parent took him. Both Angie and Jihad were without sin, and did not know
exactly what those around them did. They did not understand good and
evil, murder, robbery, or even what a 'bandit' was.

The most mysterious, and certainly the most stealthy, swift, and deadly was Fikri. A twenty-four-year old man, with light brown hair and menacing eyes. Tan-colored cloth and leather, veiled him snug from head to toe. Unsightly scars began from behind his ears, ran down his cheeks, and hid behind a leather piece that covered the lower half of his face. The personal guardian of Jezebel, defending her from the tops of trees and amidst the shadows, with an ebony bow, arrows, and twin knives. Because both had permanent injuries, Roland always assumed they had both teamed up some years ago for a particular mission, that ended badly. Fikri clearly wasn't of the East, the name must have been one that Jezebel gave him. Roland lifted his head now and raised a closed first, like commanded, those following behind him stopped. He turned to face his family, their friends, and the other twenty five member of Hell's Fire. "Well" he said to Jezebel, "I've gone 'n dragged my parade over here as I agreed to. Now it's time for ya to pay up. Where are these scattered prizes ya promised we'd find eh?" The dark-haired woman smiled.

"Not yet" she said, "our terms were, as I recall, if you helped my uncle's company, we'd split the loot down the middle" Roland raised an eyebrow. "And were is this 'company' you speak of?" he asked again, "I see nothin' more than ol' rock 'n tree" Jezebel left her son with Fikri and came closer to the Hell's Fire leader. "You think these old ruins are empty?" she said, educating the brute, "before I went off with the scurvy swine in the south. I lived here you know. Why do ya think the Snakes have stayed here for so long? Too darn stupid for their own good? No. You'll find more here than you ever did stealing peasants in your fields" Roland pulled Jezebel closer by pinching one of her cheeks and pressed the tip of his sword against it. "Listen' to me ya dark wench" he whispered into one of her pierced ears, "if I even sniff out a trap. I'm cutting' out yer other eye. You'll slither on the dirt the rest of yer miserable life, blind as a bat. I ain't scared of that body guard of yers" Jezebel smiled only, and put a hand on one of Roland's shoulder. "Trust me and follow me" she said, calling her son again to her side and guiding the bandits to the Mountain Snakes headquarters in an old courtyard.
</span>













Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Tolkus
16/Oct/2011, 03:56 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus was frying up something good for breakfast. He knew the smell would soon wake the others. He saw Elegost was sturring he also heard trompping through thte brush coming from the direction of the other camp. Tolkus shook his head thinking that the Defenders had won the night and had celebrated too well and now Khall and Tarawen were not so causious coming back. Khall came through the brush with Tarawen holding her tight and shouthing for aid. Khall being experanced in healing knew what to do and Tolkus did as he asked. Khallador gave his report as they treated Tara. He also was egar to go after this report of possible more bandits in Fornsot, but he also had to think of the wounded Tarawen. Then he answered Khallador, "We will track them down but first we must see to Tarawen. Make sure she is well and can travel as well as handle herslef before we do anything." Then he gave Khallador a rye smile and siad, "That doesn't mean we can't send a recon to gather important information. Elegost grab some food, then you and Nionwen scout ahead. Khallador you rest." Tolkus could see that the fire in his eyes still burned to go but he told his friend, "You'll be no good tired in a fight. Rest, we need to know what we are up against first." Tolkuslooked to Tarawen and siad, "Rest now, you'll heal fine and be ready to fight soon enough. Just rest, you've earned it." Tolkus gave her a smile and contiued, "Oh and grab yourselfsome food, I cooked..." he couldn't help but give a little laugh.

Tarawen
16/Oct/2011, 10:12 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg
Tarawen</font>
Shadow Company</font>

Khallador's calm tone soothed her spirits, though not the pain in her arm that was now a wildfire. His strong grip, supporting her solidly, reassured her that she would make it to the camp. Tara remained silent, afraid that her voice might betray the pain she was in. Even now, she was stoic through the pain in her arm.

She found herself being helped into a seated position near the fire in the Shadow Company's camp; sitting was far preferable to walking, no matter how supportive Khall had been. Tara heard the clink of glass jars and the rustle of Khallador's pack, her head turning slightly to see what he was doing. Of course. He was a skilled healer, and she watched as he gathered the stuff and substance necessary for fixing her up. She was grateful, but inwardly so--she still feared to speak.

The others got to business as Khall gave out orders as abruptly as he and Tara had jumped into the Defenders' camp. Suddenly she felt a sense of family--togetherness, united in mutual care for one another--that she had long missed since leaving Gondor. A small smile spread across her lips as Khall explained each of the herbs he would use to help her. "Thank you," she whispered, breaking her silence for the first time since she had told him of her condition.

Elegost tore away the sleeve of her shirt where it had already been torn by the bandit's sword, and she saw the wound fully for the first time. A clean line in her flesh showed red against the olive of her skin, trails of blood visible on her arm. The wound was deep. Jaw clenched, Tara bore the sight and treatment of the wound as well as she could. To her shame, small gasps of pain escaped her mouth as Khall and Tolkus applied the rose hips and herbs. To mask these, she joked in a whisper, "I feel like a chicken breast with all the spices you're sprinkling on me! Are you going to skewer me and roast me over the fire next?"

Tara's brow furrowed, though, when the talk turned to moving on to Fornost so soon. How would she keep up? Defend herself? Help protect the others? She looked down at her arm, cursing herself for that moment of weakness--she just had to taunt that damn bandit! Tolkus's words soothed her, though. A good solid rest seemed like the highest bliss she could achieve at this time, and she thanked him for it. "I'll be sure to grab something to eat once my arm's better; I'm sure that it's at least palatable." She grinned, forgetting for a moment the pain in her arm as she saw her companions around her. "Thank you all," she said softly, letting her eyes close for a moment.

</font>

Rior Laegiel
17/Oct/2011, 02:04 AM
NPC Phink Camlost
(assuming it's me she's talking to</font>)

Thoughts kept running in her mind as she sat safely hidden for the moment, she knew she had to leave before anyone found her, yet she couldn’t bring herself to rise and walk away. Phink didn’t notice that the battle had stopped until the sudden voice of a woman startled her making her wince. Looking up, her brown teary eyes saw a dark-haired woman who didn’t look much older than herself, watching the woman before her (Athess) Phink didn’t answer right away as she wasn’t sure if she was a friend of her brother or not. When the other woman put her arms around her, Phink almost drew back but forced herself to stay in the embrace. “I’m sorry,” she whispered and wiped the tears with the sleeves of her shirt, knowing she must look awful and all red-eyed as there was no water around to wash her face. “I wasn’t crying for the fight, I’ve been in battles myself before,” the rohir continued with a hoarse voice and cleared her throat.

“No my family is quite safe, the small one I do have. I have travelled from Rohan to..” she trailed off, she would’ve said that she’d come to find her brother to spend some time with him, but she hesitated. Even now that this woman had found her Phink wasn’t at all sure that this had been such a good idea and maybe it would be better if she said she was someone else, a common traveler on her way somewhere, that way she could be off on her way silently and Beren would never have to know she had been there. But on the other hand, if she tried to sneak off, he’d probably see her anyway as close as he was to her hiding place and Phink didn’t feel like explaining why she was trying to avoid him. She couldn’t lie to her brother, she’d never had much of a poker face, and her brother was too good at telling if his younger sister wasn’t being honest with him. She’d tried once before to hide the truth from him and it hadn’t gone too well that time, so why would this time be any different?

Taking a deep breath, preparing to face what she had to do, Phink pulled away from the embrace and stood up. Brushing off dust from her clothes, she turned to the other woman (Athess) and dried her eyes and cheeks again to make sure they were dry. Fighting back what tears she had left, she cleared her throat and prepared to speak again. “I’m sorry you had to see me like this,” Phink apologized, wishing she could say they were happy tears but that would be the quite opposite of what they really were. “To answer your first question, I’m Phink,” she spoke and managed to smile. “I’ve come here in search of my brother Beren Camlost,” nodding slightly she paused shortly “I decided to wait in hiding until after the battle as I didn’t want to go charging in without knowing who were the enemies,” falling silent again, she looked at the woman for a moment before remembering her sword was still on the ground. Picking it up, she quickly sheathed it hoping the woman in front of her wasn’t a bandit, as she didn’t want to point a sword at a friend of her brother.

</font>
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/pinklilies2007/phink7.jpg

Rainelle Hérandil
18/Oct/2011, 10:42 PM
Emeralda quickly backed away as she heard Beren's sharp words, and lowered her sword. She stood quietly while he dealt with the bandit, and sheathed her sword. She continued standing quietly when he turned to her and lectured her, it seemed. She bit her lip as he spoke. </font>
One of these days you're going to have to kill. Sometimes the devils don't deserve to live. He walked around her. These
vermin are cruel. They steal, murder and sully innocent people, burn
farms, raid villages and commit a thousand different other disgusting
crimes and whenever we let them go, they just show up again later doing
the same dishonorable thing.

</font></span>She folded her arms tightly against her stomach, strangely reminded of the time when she was four and she had wandered too far into the forest, became lost, and then her father had to come and look for her, finding her playing with a little boy from Archet who had also gotten lost, Dare. He had been so worried about her and had lectured her sternly about wandering alone in the forest like that. But she wasn't a little girl anymore, and regardless of what Beren said, she just couldn't stand the thought of taking human life. She had never once done so, and she didn't really want to start.

"I understand that."</font> She said softly. "However, I had him at sword point, and he wouldn't have escaped. It would have been cold blooded, to kill him then."</font> She added, pointing out what she felt was a justifiable argument for not having killed the guy. She didn't really understand why he let the bandit go. They could have taken him to a prison somewhere, and had him locked up for his crimes. </font>
Just
stab them dead and feel guiltless about it ; would they let YOU
surrender ? No. Remember, you could get yourself killed being so
merciful or you get the people around you killed. </font></span>She looked down, biting her lip. She knew that was true. She had hesitated to shoot that bandit who had Beren by the throat, simply because she couldn't get a clear shot without killing the guy. She did feel bad about that, and realized his point. "I'm sorry." </font>She said, not having really anything to say in her defense there. Other than that, they're humans and have a right to live. But that wouldn't really hold up very well, she knew.</font>

As he left, she was approached by Thorondil. She looked up at him, curious and somewhat wide eyed. "You're really my grandfather?"</font> She asked quietly, still finding it very shocking.</font> "Granddaughter, as Beren said you will have to take a life of some low-life bandit. And
yes you may feel pity and guilt.. But remember the oath we all swore to
defend our people and those throughout Eriador. One quick stab or
thrust and the deed is done. Besides I nearly lost your grandmother
to a moment of indecision." </font>She heard his words, and felt still more guilty, as it seemed everyone was now lecturing her. She realized she was probably one of the youngest here, being only 18. "I'm sorry." She said again, looking down with a silent sigh.</font> "My grandmother..? Is she still alive?" </font>She asked after a moment, curious, but quietly still as she looked back up at him. </font>


Edited by: Rillewen Aran

Adalmund
18/Oct/2011, 11:42 PM
The Shadow Company

</span></font><!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:Rely&#079;nVML/>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:D&#111;notPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>AR-SA</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:D&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:D&#111;ntVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:D&#111;ntBreakC&#111;nstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:D&#111;ntVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="&amp;#45;-"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<!-->

Adalmund</span> sat at a fair
distance from the fire and from the rest of the company. Being the newest and
youngest member of a group was not something he enjoyed. Although none of his
companions showed any obvious signs of age, he was certain that most if not all
of them had seen more than his 28 summers and they all seemed to know each
other quite well. In their midst he felt like an outsider. He was by nature a
quiet person and even more so in such a situation. Therefore he had sat in the
company of his fellow rangers, watching and listening, studying their
personalities, customs and relationships while remaining silent and still
himself. His attire, consisting of dark shades of grey and green helped him
remain pretty much unnoticed.</span>

He made no attempt at a reply when their leader
asked who would like to take the first watch. Volunteering for things was
something he rarely did. He preferred to do something when he was specifically
told to do it or when there was nobody else, but then he did it perfectly. </span>

He smiled when Tolkus and the others
teased Khallador about his choice of food and Halvorn’s remark
about beans and gas actually made him laugh. When Beren left, Adalmund
followed him with his eyes until he was swallowed by the darkness. </span>

As he listened to Halvorn’s deep bass
voice singing a lay about the Dunedain he laughed no more, thinking about his
father’s last words and his own future. His father had called him Son of
Numenor and told him that he belonged with the Dunedain. Adalmund had
taken his word for it even though he knew very little and had way too many
questions. He did not regret his choice of joining the rangers in the
slightest, but he still had some doubts concerning himself and his abilities
even though he would not let anybody discover them if he could avoid it. </span>

Tolkus</span> complimented Halvorn on his song
after he finished singing it, but then something seemed to catch his attention
for he jumped to his feet with a hand on his sword hilt. Not unnecessarily was
he roused, for a rustling could be heard from behind the nearby bushes. Adalmund
reached for his sword hilt too, but he made no other move and remained seated
where he was. Soon Tarawen was standing as well and another ranger who,
like himself, had been silent so far had his bow bent and aiming at the
approaching figure. From out of the shadows appeared a young woman, wearing a
worn-out and patched grey dress and looking quite worn-out herself. “Kind
wanderers of the wilds, I hope you are,” she said as she approached them. “Could
you give me shelter from the night? I have been lost for a lot of time it seems
and have strayed from my road I fear...” </span>

She did not sound like someone who was lying or
playacting, but her eyes... Adalmund looked keenly into the depths of
her eyes as she came nearer and shuddered as he observed their lifeless
expression. They were the eyes of a person who is hiding a dark secret, but
what that secret was and whether it concerned them and their part in any way he
could not tell. He let go of his sword hilt, but not of his wariness.</span>

Still he watched and listened as Tolkus
invited her to join them and gave her an apple. She thanked him and asked if
they were rangers before telling her tale tearfully. She introduced herself as Mariane.
Apparently her parents had been killed by orcs and she had escaped. She said
she had heard the orcs say something about Fornost and then she fell silent
suddenly; too suddenly for Adalmund’s liking. He knew that he himself
usually fell silent abruptly after saying something which he had prepared
beforehand. If he was narrating a true story his words would trail off into
nothingness when he came to the end. His suspicions were aroused, but he said
and did nothing. He would not attack or even accuse anyone unless he knew for
certain that they were guilty. He looked around at the others and knew that they
didn’t trust the newcomer any more than he did. </span>

Tolkus</span> sat down after making a sympathetic
comment and the others followed league at his signal; all except Khallador
and Dairen who received a different message from Tolkus’ fingers
behind his back. Tolkus himself struck up a conversation with Mariane,
asking her where she was headed and she continued with her tragic story, going
so far as to ask them for aid in taking revenge from the orcs. Adalmund
listened with a small frown on his face. He was also vaguely aware of Dairen
moving stealthily around the camp. Khallador too picked up his sword and
went away. </span>

Tolkus</span> told Mariane that revenge is
dangerous and offered to escort her to the road the next morning. Elegost
spoke a few sympathetic words too and unceremoniously offered the girl some
fruits. Adalmund’s frown deepened as she asked Elegost about his
becoming a ranger and he was secretly glad that Elegost gave a brief
answer. It seemed that his answer gave the girl new ideas however, for she
said: “Then I will follow your example, heroes, and with you or without you
I'm going to find them. You either help me or not, but I wouldn't want your
help like this. I do not seek your protection but your understanding, so now...
I leave you” She rose and said farewell, but did not leave at once. In a
few seconds, however, Khallador came back, looking mad with rage. He
drew his sword and shouted at Mariane, accusing her of being an
accomplice or a rival of the bandits who could be heard fighting the other
group of rangers somewhere nearby. </span>

At Tolkus’ signal Adalmund rose
along with everyone else, once again laying a hand on his sword hilt. Tolkus
then tried to calm Khallador down and spoke words of warning to Mariane.
Adalmund felt his respect for the band leader increase. It was indeed
admirable the way he could speak in a calm and unthreatening manner and yet
handle things as well as anyone. He turned his attention once again to the girl.
She smiled and there was great bitterness in that smile. His own face wore no
expression as he listened to her defend herself and reproach Khallador
for his rashness. </span>

Tolkus </span>sent Khallador
and Tarawen to the other band’s aid and asked Mariane to sit. Halvorn
volunteered to take first watch and stood tall and proud near the fire, his
keen blue eyes scanning the surrounding area. Adalmund’s eyebrows rose
high when Mariane approached Tolkus and began to sweet talk him. </span>Keep first watch indeed!</span> He found himself thinking. The nerve of
her! But we may yet find a use for her medical abilities. Not that we need it.
The more experienced rangers are definitely skilled in the arts of healing.</span>

He walked away from the
pair and sat down under a tree. Leaning his head against the bark, he closed
his eyes. He felt weary but not sleepy. He only intended to sit in peace for a
few minutes. It was some time before there was any other sound and movement. He
heard Tolkus tell Elegost and Halvorn that their watch was
over and opened his eyes. He did not openly volunteer for the next watch, but
he sat there wide awake and very aware of his surroundings when the other two
were trying to get some rest. Time passed and he was beginning to wonder what
had become of Khallador and Tarawen when almost as if in reply to
his thoughts, they returned. Khallador was supporting Tara whose
left arm was bleeding. He sat her down as soon as he could and then was busy
for a while, preparing things he obviously needed for putting her right. Elegost
helped him and Tolkus was making breakfast. Adalmund stood up and
went nearer. He reached them in time to hear Khallador say, “</span>Afterwards, sir, could we slip
into Fornost? There might be another force of bandits lurking around.</span>” But Tolkus told him that
they had to wait until Tara could handle herself and that Khall
himself needed some rest. When he told Elegost to go to Fornost as scout
Adalmund could stand it no more. He was seriously tired of being idle by
that time. He wanted to do something, but he simply could not bring himself to
ask Tolkus to give him something to do. What would he say?! “Let me go
instead”? Or perhaps “May I go with him?” No, no, that would sound far too
childish. He would wait until his help was truly needed.</span></span>

</span>

OOC – (Whew! That was a
long post! It took me days to type it. But I started later than I would have
liked to and I had to catch up so be kind</font>)</span>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
19/Oct/2011, 02:23 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The 74-year old ranger now listened to his granddaughter Emeralda apologize to everyone for her recent actions regarding the skirmish with the now defeated Mountain Snakes. Thorondil now got up again to find another rest spot near his granddaughter. With a weary expression did the middle aged northern d</font>únedain continue to listen to his own kindred speak with curious tone in her soft voice,</font>"You're really my grandfather?"</font></font>"My grandmother..? Is she still alive?" Thorondil now could not help himself but look down into his granddaughter's eyes, which were the same as his own being bright and keen emerald color.</font></font></font> Now did the temporary leader of the Defenders give his granddaughter a warm smile and finally spoke his deep bass voice cool, warm, and loving, " Yes my Granddaughter I'm indeed your Grandfather." "Your Grandmother is alive living in one our peoples villages near Imladris." " Her name is </font></font></font>Isi</font>lmë (Moon Light)." Thorondil now patiently awaited his granddaughter's reply to his short confirmation about her linage and that her grandmother lived!
</font>

OOC: To all </font>Isilmë</font> is listed in the annals of the Kings being first mentioned as the 2nd daughter of Tar-Elendil the 4th King of N</font>úmenor. Unfortunately nothing is know about her life. So I hope that I might use this name for Thorondil's wife Emeralda's grandmother.</font>smileys/smiley19.gif
smileys/smiley11.gif</font>

Edited by: Hallas C. Pehwarin

kassiopi
19/Oct/2011, 01:22 PM
NPCs: Branden, Drefous

The tall barbarian man rushed into the trees around the camp, not going unnoticed but in all the chaos he hoped the rangers would wait a little before following him. Some were wounded from what is seemed and others were revealing secrets so it was possible that he would get away. After some time running away he stopped and watched around. The other bandit woman was somewhere near, he knew it. But someone more familiar appeared from the shadows that faded slowly as the frist dawn light appeared in the east. Drefous, the short, burned man with the cunning nature. He had taken no part in the battle, something not so strange. It wasn't that he couldn't fight but he was someone who was better in lurking in the shadows and have a dagger on his lone victim's throat. He was someone that preferred to be a diplomat, if he could, to deceit people and eventually kill them, because he so liked death. Branden was disgusted by him but at the same time liked him. There was the nature of the winner in him. And now he would prove useful.
"Drefous" he said in his bass voice, " go fast to the north and find the...the leader." He hated saying that. The leader was the one who had raised him, the chief of the Spectre, the cult of thieves and magicians that were loyal to Angmar but sometimes roamed the southern lands. Branden had left the cult with some of his most loyal men some fifteen years ago and now he would ask for their help, ashamed. But he wanted those rangers dead and the treasure, he wanted it so badly. Better have a part of it than nothing at all. He would avoid even the half if he could however. "Don't tell him about our treasue. Tell him that the rangers are here and they have something very valuable in their hands that he'll like. I don't know, think of something, just bring reinforcements. I will have them killed!" he said, almost too loudly and then made a signal for him to go. The short man didn't so. "It'll take them days to come here" he said. "I don't care, I'll be here, don't linger, go!"

As Drefous walked away he looked suspiciously around. That Selene girl looked a nice ally for a start. She wasn't too good in battle but she was fierce and hated the ranger scums. She might prove useful.

OOC: Guys, sorry for the delay of posting, week too hard, I'll post as Mariane and Corben as soon as possible. Sur, you can have Selene approach Breanden, sorry again!</font>

Tolkus
19/Oct/2011, 01:49 PM
Shadow Company</font>After getting Tarawen settled and reasting and also hoping Khall would do the same Tolkus looked to Adalmund and saw the desire to do something and so Tolkus said to him, "Go with Elegost, follow his lead. None should be alone out here right now with bandits afoot." He then told Elegost, "Mind you not to go too far. Scout the area just south of us. There are some ruins there so be extra wery around them. Report back you findings and if trouble arises and you can't return or need help send Nionwen." Tolkus looked over at the still sleeping or seemed to be sleeping Mariane. She looked peaceful almost content one could say.She was one thing he had not counted on in this indever, what to do about her? It would have to wait. "Go you two and return soon." he said to Elegost and Adalmund. Soon the rest of the company would be waking and more recons could be done. Tolkus wasn't going to move the group fully until Tara was well enough to go. Camp would have to stay here another day or two. OOC: Great job Adalmund and welcome to the company.</font>



Edited by: Tolkus

Adalmund
19/Oct/2011, 02:12 PM
Shadow Company

Adalmund was aware of Tolkus' searching look. He felt a rush of relief when he was told to go with Elegost. He had a feeling that their leader had seen his boredom and expectancy and liked him more than ever for that little piece of insight and understanding he had shown. He gave a firm nod, lowering his eyes and his head together. Tolkus then gave Elegost instructions and urged them to go soon. Adalmund looked at Elegost with an expression that said clearly, "Shall we go?</font>

OOC: Thanks. YAY I'm in! </font>smileys/smiley2.gif

Edited by: Adalmund

Asha'bellanar
23/Oct/2011, 02:43 AM
Selene NPC
Bandit - In Fornost, Mountain Snake Hideout --&gt; More Ruins

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Selene.jpg

Her lungs whistled, exhausted. Selene fell gently to her knees, dizzy with the loss of blood. She felt the sun's light come into place in the sky, but her vision was too blurred to see clearly. Pulling on a low branch of a tree, the bandit stood again. Fortunately, she knew the ruins like the back of her own hand. Having spend her entire life, roaming the ancient place. Selene didn't need perfect vision to know where she was going, and that was to the old courtyard she had left with Gritta, Jasper, Jiesuh, and Pike just hours ago. She had planned for a time like this, when she would be left to fight another day on her own. Selene stumbled into their now former sanctuary, dragging herself to a spot where she had buried emergency items. The murderess lifted a heavy stone tile and dug, pulling out a small pine box. Laying on one side, Selene opened it and drew out various contents. She pulled up her brown-colored legging with the injury, until her wound was visible. Raw still, entirely. Using nearby twigs, the bandit started a meager fire, heated up a small knife and applied it to her cut. Selene squealed through her teeth, as the open flesh shut once more. Drinking at an old water skin filled with wine, she waited for her pain to cease.... Selene had slept with her forehead to the ground for several moments, all she needed to refresh from a terrible night, and all she could afford. With no one now to fight alongside her, Selene knew she had to flee. Either take up a new life of crime elsewhere or find other allies to remain here, against the rangers. She pulled the legging down and came up to standing easily now, already strengthened for another round of swinging her blade. Taking once last look at the place she had called home for so long, Selene ran out of the courtyard.

~*~

Elegost NPC
The Shadow Company - Going Into Fornost w/ Adalmund

"I agree" added Elegost, "you might want to sit down for a while Khallador. You look awful, no offense" He nodded his head when told to eat and scout ahead with Nionwen. Quickly grabbing some morning food, the ranger scarfed down till his stomach was hurting. Something he didn't normally do, but he intended to travel light and without taking a break in his investigation. Better go full, you never know; he thought. His falcon Hérion, was also filling his belly, and put his beak at a small pouch with some of Khall's extra earthworms. Elegost would have stopped his pet, but was too busy hurrying to feed his mare. He tightened her saddle and tied a few packs on his steed. Elegost swallowed the last of his breakfast inclined his head with Tolkus's instructions, then addressed Adalmund. "Let me get my bow and I'm ready to go" he said, strapping on his quiver again and mounting Nionwen at last. "We'll be back soon" he said to Tolkus, "if Nionwen returns without her master, we've met trouble in our search.." Elegost gestured at Adalmund for him to follow, and rode off. </font>Hérion</font> flying above them both, high in the sky.</font>

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Elegost.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Hri&#111;n.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg






Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Adalmund
25/Oct/2011, 11:58 AM
While Elegost was strapping his quiver on, Adalmund looked at the place where he had last seen his grey stallion,but he was no longer there. Possibly he had wandered off in search for better grass. "Erwin!" he called, followed by a whistle. No sound of hoofs came.

"You go on slowly," he said to Elegost. "I'll follow in a few minutes" and with that he set off to look for Erwin. It was only a few minutes before he found him, but the horse was not alone. A young man clad in very strange attire </font>stood before him, stroking his neck. Adalmund swiftly drew out his sword and the man turned around at once, startled by the sound. </font>"Oh hello! Is he yours?!" </font>he said anxiously. Disregarding his question, Adalmund advanced on the young man, holding his sword tip at an uncomfortably short distance from his throat. "Who are you?!" he asked harshly, looking at him through narrowed eyes. "One of the bandits who escaped from our friends?"

"Bandits?!" the man exclaimed. "Hell no! I am...er...I'm a vet....I do not believe that you would know what that means though. I'm a doctor...a healer! For animals. Hence the reason why I was interested in your charming...beast. See! This is my card." and he held out a small piece of paper to Adalmund. Eyeing him mistrustfully, Adalmund took the paper and looked at it. Completely bewildered, he said, "You just handed me a piece of paper telling me you're single and you work out, whatever that means!</font>"

"Did I really?" </font>the young man said, looking somewhat shamefaced. </font>"Yes, well, I find you quite attractive you see and the psychic paper assumed that... but never mind! I had better get going." </font>he then snatched the piece of paper back and fumbling with something on his wrist, vanished into thin air.

Adalmund stood there for a few moments, blinking rapidly and not knowing what to think. Then suddenly coming to himself, he took Erwin's rein in his left hand and led him back to the clearing where Tolkus, Khall, Tara and Halvorn were and the girl Mariane was still asleep. Elegost had already left. "Which way did he go?" Adalmund asked the others, trying to sound as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened.


OOC: The detour was of course for Mad Man's Box (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=242564&amp;title=mad-mans-box). Ignore the whole thing if you can</font> smileys/smiley11.gif
</font></span></font></span>

Rian Eliowen
28/Oct/2011, 01:23 AM
Dairen had risen again when the injured Tarawensupported byKhallador returned to the camp. As the others seemed to have everything under control, he quietly got on with a number of small tasks around the camp, including collecting extra firewood and water, seeing to their horses and generally checking and patrolling the area, so that they would not also become attacked by bandits without warning. He tried not to feel left out when Tolkus sent Elegost and Adalmund to scout out the area - but Dairen was used to the discipline of working as a team, and realised that there was still plenty of time for him to take a turn at being a hero - for now he was just worried about Tarawen, and he hoped that despite Khallador's obvious concern, her injuries woiuld heal quickly. He kept his eye on Marriane too - he suspected that she was somehow responsible for the turn of events, although he couldn't quite work out how.

Tolkus
28/Oct/2011, 01:20 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus saw Dairen going aoubt his morning work as he and the others tended to Tarawen. After sending Elegost and Adalmund off he turned his attention to Dairen. Tolkus walked over to the man and said, "Go grab you a bite to eat. After I need you to take a postion north of camp here, not too far. Make sure you have a clear view not only north but west and east too. Leave our signs behind so you can be found. I'll rotate shifts with you and Halvron silently, he'll come to you. I don't want to be taken by surprise by any straglers or reenforcement from last nights fight." Tolkus gave Dairen a nod and a smile and went over to where Halvorn was.

Adalmund
28/Oct/2011, 03:12 PM
Adalmund didn't wait for anyone to answer his question and tell him which way Elegost had gone. He was a ranger after all and could see clearly the fresh prints that Nionwen's hoofs had made. He mounted Erwin and urged him into a trot, following in the mare's foot(hoof)steps. In a few minutes he caught up with Elegost. "I'm sorry for the delay." he said as he slowed down, riding on his fellow ranger's left.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
28/Oct/2011, 07:08 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

</font></font>The 59-year old ranger had slept well with a few pleasant dreams. Most were about the the glory of his people when the northern realm of Arnor was whole and not splintered into its three petty 'kingdoms' Arthedain, Rhudaur, and Cardolan. Now Halvorn awoke to smell of someone of his band cooking the morning meal. The 59 northern d</font></font></font></font>únedain now opened his keen blue-grey eyes and inhaled through his large aquiline nose the rich taste of cooked meat and hot coffee! The weathered yet fair features of this ranger's face could be seen even in this foggy cool morning! For he, Halvorn had </font>a high oval shaped forehead dominated by a thick
crown of deep brown hair that cascaded down to the collar of </font>his ranger attire.</font>
Continuing on down to a pair of thin matching brown eyebrows.</font> Underneath them rested a pair of keen blue-grey colored eyes.</font>
On either side of his rugged handsome face were two medium ears covered by his long
rugged hair. In between the eyes rested a long aquiline nose, a pair of
tanned cheeks followed coming down to a pair of pale pink lips that gave to his fellow rangers especially if they were female a warm smile, finally
ending in curved chin which was covered in thick matching facial hair.

Halvorn now looked down at his ranger attire covered in streaks of dried dirt; being only his </font>a long sleeve cotton green
shirt, a pair of suede leather black pants, and protecting his lower
legs and feet were a pair of tall knee brown leather boots.</font> The seasoned ranger was glad to have removed all of his leather armor; save for his </font>two piece set of leather vambraces. An</font> inner
patterned guard and an outer plate of boiled tan</span></span></span></span></span></font> </font> leather tooled with</span></span></span></span></span></font> </font>a
set of seabird's wings and matching tan tabs to protect his
callused hands from injuries or carelessness</font>. </font>Now the 59-year old ranger cast his keen blue-grey eyes to his right spotting his </font> very worn yet serviceable tan suede leather tunic with </font>detachable sleeves from the shoulder the
elbow each had a mesh of chain-mail
attached securely by leather points.

The interior of the mail was lined with soft green
silk </font>to prevent chafing against the
garments resting underneath or any exposed skin. Over it rested his </font>sleeveless hard dark forest green leather leather jerkin that offered </font>moderate protection while not hindering mobility. Tucked into the space between the two pieces of his upper body protect was his</font> matching </font>forest green</font> suede
leather traveling skirt, whose interior had a sheet of identical
chain-mail attached like the above mentioned inner tunic was secured by leather
points and interior lined with soft </font>green silk. Resting against the remains of nearby grey stone wall was his </font>plain black leather belt. Attached
to it were his two brown leather pouches containing some healing herbs,
bandages, a tiny amount of coin, and some pipe weed that he'd bought
when he and his fellow rangers had stopped in the village of Bree to stock up on supplies.

It was wrapped around his </font> long wooden scabbard covered in
dark blue leather that crisscrossed down its entire length. The steel locket and chape </font>exactly the shape of the
steel conical pommel of his families ancient N</font>úmenorean longsword that resided inside glinted faintly in the sun that now tried to pierce the fog of the morning. His long dark grey cloak folded neatly rested on top of the wall its silver circular broach facing outward. </font>It featured a single silver six pointed rayed
star and was the only ornament worn openly by all rangers including
their revered and respected Chieftain.</font>

Halvorn then slowly rose from his prone position to sitting one taking in several deep breaths of the cool air. He mediated for a moment to gather his wits and thoughts preparing himself for the day ahead. Now he moved off away for the camp to relive himself covering the area with enough dirt to prevent the smells of his bodies waste to attract flies or other scavenger animals. The 59-year old ranger then returned to his leather pack opening it to retrieve his dark ash wood pipe from the bottom plucking it up into the palm of his left hand. He set it on the wall and quickly stretched out his tall and lean muscular 6-foot and 5 inch body popping a few vertebra! Halvorn then stripped off his cotton long-sleeved green shirt exchanging it for a fresh blue one that he retrieved from his opened pack tucking into the waist of his </font>pair of suede leather black pants. He also retrieved his tinderbox to enjoy a short smoke before diving into the breakfast prepared by his fellow rangers.

The 59-year old ranger then rested himself against the wall crisscrossed his</font> lower
legs and feet. Which were covered by a pair of tall knee brown leather boots caked with dried mud from his sleep and recent use tromping around. Now did he done his leather armor and refasten his black belt about his fit waist opening the 2nd pouch to retrieve some pipe-weed. The flavor being one obtained by the folk of Bree from the Shire as Old Toby! Halvorn fitted some into the shallow bowl and resealed the 2nd brown leather pouch. The first one carried coin, bandages, and healing supplies. Halvorn then struck a single matchstick and lit up the tobacco like leaf. He inhaled the rich flavor and released a plume of smoke out of the side of his mouth. The smoke changed shape into a expanding single grey smoke ring. The seasoned ranger now sighed as he closed his keen blue-grey eyes enjoying the peace that he could fined during this assignment to guard Fornost for his Chieftain and long lived race.
</font>

Rian Eliowen
01/Nov/2011, 06:33 AM
<?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Dairen</st1:place> - Ranger of the North - Shadow Company
<DIV>
Dairen didn't wait for a second invitation to have some breakfast. He was starving, and while he wolfed down some of the hot food that <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Tolkus[/B] had prepared, he watched <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Halvorn[/B], who was calmly and meditatively smoking his pipe as if nothing untoward had happened, as if this was just an ordinary day! <st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Dairen[/B]</st1:place> wished that he could be as cool and unruffled. Instead he felt as if something really unpleasant was about to happen at any moment, and the waiting was getting on his nerves.
<st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Dairen[/B]</st1:place> after filling his water bottle, as watching could be thirsty work, especially if the morning became hot, departed quietly for the lookout position north of camp to which he had been assigned. He moved carefully and quietly through the surrounding ruins. Ascertaining that the coast was clear and that he wasn't under observation, he left a direction rune scratched on a tree trunk, so that the others would know which way he had gone, and another rune where the path forked in several directions scratched in the dirt. He eventually chose to climb a rocky outcrop which had a fair covering of trees for cover, that would give him a good view from the west through to the north and north east, and in his dark green and brown clothes he blended in with the scrub and trees to take up his watch. He was not going to let any 'stragglers or re-enforcements' take his company by surprise.

Tolkus
07/Nov/2011, 02:35 PM
Shadow Company</font>It was the smell of Halvorns pipe that got to Tolkus. In so that he took out his own pipe and lit it up. He then walked over to Halvorn sat down and said, "Now this is how you spend a morning, next to a good fire with an even better pipe. Good work Halvorn." Tolkus laughed a bit. Then he continued, "Keep and eye on Tarawen, she should be fine and heal well but just in case...." he let it trail off. Tolkus then looked over at Khall who was snoring now and it looked to him as though the man had a smile on his face. "Khall must be dreaming of fighting." he half laughed. Then he looked somewhat serious to Halvorn and siad, "What of this one,(nodding to Mariane) she sleeps soundly or stelthly. The later I would say. Best to keep a closer watch on her. That I will do." taking in a few draws from his pipe Tolkus sighed and smiled to Halvorn, "Well my friend I do hope things go better in this day then they went last night. Maybe light brings scene." Tolkus leaned back against a log and enjoyed his pipe while keeping an eye on Mariane.

Hallas C. Pehwarin
07/Nov/2011, 04:55 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

</font></font>Halvorn then heard movement to his right and turned his head to allow his weathered face and keen blue-grey eyes to see who was coming to join him this morning. It was his young but respected leader Tolkus who spoke in friendly tone , </font></font></font></font>Now this is how you spend a morning, next to a good fire with an even better pipe. Good Work!" The 59-year old ranger nodded his shaggy </font></font></font></font>deep brown haired head in accepting the praise of his leader at how to start a morning! His leader then continued to speak keeping he, Halvorn up to date on the present situation regarding their assignment defending the once proud city of Fornost Erain! </font>"Keep and eye on Tarawen, she should be fine and heal well but just in case...." Khall must be dreaming of fighting." "What of this one,(nodding to Mariane) she sleeps soundly or stelthly. The later I would say. Best to keep a closer watch on her. That I will do." "Well my friend I do hope things go better in this day then they went last night. Maybe light brings scene."

The 59-year old northern d</font></font></font></font>únedain</font> now looked over at his fellow rangers who still slept noticing Khal's movements as he rolled around also chuckled at his leaders words' regarding their fellow member of Shadow Company Khallador!</font> So did he also reply with an equally good natured quip, "Khal</font>'s probably losing the fight against some beautiful dame and probably is kissing her now!" Halvorn chuckled for a moment at the notion of Khallador and his ability to impress at the many women that seemed always be involved with bandits wanting to get rich by trying to steal the artifacts and buried riches of their d</font>únedain fore-bearers! So did the seasoned ranger adopt a slightly more serious expression when it came to tending those who'd been helping their fellow ranger band; the Defenders of Fornost namely graceful Tarawen! So did Halvorn speak his deep bass voice gentle and filled with concern, " I'll be certain Tol that </font>Tarawen recovers from her injuries fully. As well as keeping a close eye on our 'guest' Mariane."

The refreshed and renewed ranger took another whiff of his tobacco product inhaling it into his lungs then exhaling a moment later releasing another plume of flavored smoke. This time in the shape of great tall masted shape of Númenórean design! Halvorn again sighed for a moment as his keen and bright blue-grey eyes watched the fog begin to burn off to reveal the ruins of Fornost around them and their sleeping colleagues. It was a pleasant moment before Halvorn chose to speak turning his weathered face to eye his young and stout hearted leader, "So what is breakfast this morning my fellow ranger? Eggs and sausage?" "Oatmeal with raisins or just coffee and biscuits with simple white gravy?"

His empty stomach now mad its presence known rumbling loudly craving for some much needed sustenance enough for his young leader and himself to hear! Halvorn grimaced realizing that he did indeed need to grab a bite to eat to replenish his strength. So did he crisscross his muscular arms, the palms of both of his callused hands to rest over the waist of his </font>sleeveless hard dark forest green leather leather jerkin</font>. The leather felt worn yet still serviceable as he brushed off some dried dirt where it had stuck to the lower portion of the dark green leather jerkin and to the matching suede leather skirt. </font>Halvorn </font> then raised his left hand to ruffle his own long dark brown hair to clear it of any dirt or brush pulling away a single red leaf and flicked it away to drift on the the slow moving breeze to land onto the top of Khallador's dark haired head as </font>he waited for a reply from
his leader Tolkus...</font>

Asha'bellanar
08/Nov/2011, 04:55 AM
Elegost NPC
The Shadow Company - Entering Fornost w/ Adalmund and Setting Up

"No need to apologize" smiled Elegost, glad to have a ranger like Adalmund coming with him. "Easy now Nionwen" he said to his mare, rubbing her neck, a gesture for her to trot slowly now. The jitters of a sudden duty had calmed now with good company, and the realization that racing into the ruins might bring some unwanted attention. Elegost whistled to his pet above them, in the manner of an owl. </font>Hérion</font> cried down to his master. "According to the falcon, we will enter safely" he said to Adalmund, nudging Nionwen forward. After a while, the leaves of the trees were darker. Their bark, more coarse in texture. Rigid streaks down their trunks, older. Ivy covered what appeared to be magnificent structures once, boasting green and gold foliage. Thyme creeped and spread around old stone paths, silent as the atmosphere. Waiting almost, like a stealthy hunter before his attack. Elegost nodded to Adalmund, that they were in. "We should remain alert at all times" he said to him, "around here, you can never be too sure of who is present or may be soon..." A few moments later, Nionwen came to a slow halt.</font> "This is a good place to set up" suggested Elegost, when both had reached a clearing. One free of aged trees and tall bushes. A bit exposing perhaps, but they hadn't brought their weapons for nothing. Scouting required cautiousness, and perhaps, a bit of risk. Gamble indeed, next to a wide stairway, leading to an open courtyard. Pillars framing it all around, standing proudly, but not all whole and without moss.

"Perhaps it would be best not to wander aimlessly, but pause for a moment and see what the ruins inform us" he said again to Adalmund, dismounting. Taking the reins of Nionwen, he guided her to the center of the dirt space. Elegost removed all that he had tied to her saddle, stroking her down to relax and curl up on the ground. She had brought him here, now he would do the rest. With his bow in one hand, Elegost looked to his fellow defender of Eriador. "Best we don't start a fire and make due with what we have" he said, "don't want anybody knowing we're here..." Elegost sat and leaned against Nionwen, staring into their surroundings. </font>Hérion</font> flew in broad circles, diligently and obediently above them yet. "Have you ever been to the Valley Adalmund?" he asked the other member of the Shadow Company, "I have, before... this. I have a friend there, wonderful elf woman. Delightful, as all the song and merriment there. I come under the spell of those fair and wise spirits every time I go. Can't ever hold my own for very long" Elegost chuckled, remembering the day he came to Rivendell, with intentions to stay for a week but didn't leave for a month. "How 'bout Lindon?" he asked again, "ever walked that white pearl beach? Tasted the finest seafood cuisine?" Elegost had no purpose of distracting Adalmund, but tension wasn't going to help their senses stay sharp.

</font>http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Elegost.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Hri&#111;n.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg

OOC: (</font>So sorry for the delay of this post smileys/smiley13.gif, I've been tied up with a few Lindon/Sur related matters around here. Exceeding my own "respond within 10 days policy"smileys/smiley16.gif Never fear my fellow rangers, I shan't ever neglect you more than would be deemed acceptable</font> smileys/smiley10.gif)</font>

Rainelle Hérandil
09/Nov/2011, 03:14 AM
Emeralda looked at her new found grandfather in amazement. She knew who her mother's parents were, and that they were dead, so she knew that this would be her father's father. She wondered if Thorondil knew that her father had died years ago. She didn't think this was the right place or time to mention it, however. She was glad to know that her grandmother was alive though. Near Imladris? That wasn't very far from the Chetwood, where Emma was from. She wondered if her grandmother knew about her. And then she realized that she had been quiet for a few moments while he was waiting on a reply. "I-I'm sorry.. I just have so many questions.." </font>She said quietly, tucking some of her dark hair behind her ear, and looked up at her grandfather with wide eyes.

(sorry, I thought I had replied to this</font>)</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
09/Nov/2011, 04:53 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

So did the proud grandfather watch his granddaughter's facial expression change into one of surprise, joy, and eagerness that burned with her bright emerald colored eyes. Thorondil listened to his granddaughter Emeralda's reply to his own oratory about their family with another apology and that she had many questions! So did the 74-year old direct descendant of the 'faithful' Númenóreans finally chose to tell his granddaughter of their families proud history. So for the next half hour did the proud patriarch weave his tale for his fellow rangers to hear and reminisce about their own families. The </font>Hérandil's had lived in the port of Pelargir after making the long journey across the Great Sea from their homeland of the isle of </font>Númen</font>or in 3299 SA.

This crucial port became a key city of the exiled realms of Arnor and Gondor when they were founded by Elendil and his sons Isildur and Anárion; who were of the royal bloodline of Elros having ruled the great western port of Andúnië until being stripped of title and forced to dwell in Rómenna until the final destruction and loss of the isle of the star in 3219! So when the two great realms were firmly established did their proud family established their homes in both key cities being Ann</font>úminas and staying in </font>Pelargir. The family</font> trade of vintners(wine sellers and producers) and modest craftsman forging mostly household tools. This style of life was maintained except during the War of the Last Alliance and after the final fall of the last splintered kingdom of Arthedain in 1974 by the dreaded Witch-King of Angmar! Thorondil now waited for any more probing questions of his beloved granddaughter Emeralda... Soon it would be time for all of the Defenders of Fornost to rest, while one remained up to guard their fellows as the night wore on....

OOC: Rill no worries I've chosen to take it easy for the next few weeks to recover from my sinus allergies! So please bear with me if my posts are sporadic!smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif</font>
</font>

Adalmund
09/Nov/2011, 11:05 PM
Shadow Company - Entering Fornost w/Elegost (hehe that rhymed</font>)

Adalmund smiled and nodded when Elegost interpreted his pet falcon's cry for him. The texture of the plant life around them seemed to change as they advanced. Eventually they reached a clearing and Elegost, after speaking a few words of caution said that this was a good place for them to set up. "So it seems." Adalmund replied.

"Perhaps it would be best not to wander aimlessly, but pause for a moment and see what the ruins inform us" Elegost said as he relieved Nionwen of his weight. Nodding silently, Adalmund followed suit and slid off of Erwin's back.</font></font> He hid his face in the horse's mane for a moment and whispered a word of thanks to the faithful beast, before turning towards Elegost who was now voicing his thoughts on the risk of lighting a fire. "Aye, it's foolish." Adalmund said. "Who needs a fire anyway?!" and he sat down across from Elegost, facing his fellow Ranger. A dreamy look came into Elegost's eyes as he asked, "Have you ever been to the Valley Adalmund?" And unnoticed by his companion, Adalmund smiled knowingly. He could see where this was going. There was no mistaking that expression. "Nay, I have not." he said softly. And his guess was proved accurate with Elegost's next words. He spoke of a wonderful elf lady and of being enchanted by the fair folk and ended by chuckling at a reminiscence that Adalmund knew naught about. Then he mentioned the land called Lindon and praised their shores and sea cuisine.

It was Adalmund's turn to chuckle. "How swiftly your mind flies from east to west!" he remarked good-humouredly. "You are very fond of the fair folk are you not my friend? The Eldar? The star people?" he uttered this last name more softly and with a note of longing in his voice. "Alas that I know so little concerning them. I was raised in Rohan and until a short while ago I dwelt there. The Rohirrim have few dealings with the elves." </font>
</font>

Tolkus
11/Nov/2011, 06:13 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus laughed at Halvoen's grumbling stomicand and siad, "We got bacon, eggs, some toast and something grey I found in Khallador's sack. It might not look good but it has a fine taste." Tolkus lay back against the log he was sitting at and continued, "Eat and rest a bit my friend. Your shift to releave Diaren will come soon." He took another draw from his pipe and blew a few smoke rings, on inside the other.

Tarawen
13/Nov/2011, 02:28 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg
</font>Tarawen
</font>Shadow Company

</font>She seemed to have dozed for quite a while and much more soundly than she expected. When her eyelids fluttered open, she had to let them adjust to the daylight that shone down on her and her company; as her eyes adjusted, she noted the mingled scents of pipe smoke and a good, savory breakfast that could only have been cooked by Tolkus. Tara's stomach rumbled. She took this as a good sign that her body craved nourishment to begin the long healing process, and gave Tolkus a weak wave of her good arm.

"Morning," she said, shifting her position so that she could sit up straight and eat. "I'm starved--and so relieved that you cooked! How's Khall doing?" she asked, glancing around for the man who had helped her so much with the injury. She knew him to have been exhausted but determined to enact revenge on the bandits. "And where is everyone? Seems our company has thinned a bit."

She pushed herself upright against a log with her right arm, her left arm dangling lamely by her side. "This one-armed act is going to get old, fast," she muttered to herself, though she was no less grateful to her fellow rangers for their quick healing. It wasn't bleeding anymore and Khall's stitches were neat and precise. "Got any food left for me?" she asked Tolkus as she stretched her legs as best she could to relieve them of the cramps that came with sitting for so long. "The more I eat, the faster I recover. And the faster that happens, the quicker we can move on." And I can stop being the resident sitting duck. She added this last part silently; though she grinned up at her company's leader, in truth Tara was quite anxious to recover and feel less like a liability for her company and to repay the debts she owed her friends.
</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
13/Nov/2011, 02:48 AM
Halvorn son of Halvergil
Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

Halvorn now seated himself on a log near the still going fire that was keeping breakfast war. His keen blue-grey eyes now gazed into the hot flames deep in thought as he filled a wooden plate to brim with the savory aroma of bacon, cooked eggs, and two slices of toast. The 59-year ranger now pushed away his bangs of dark brown hair as he heard another fellow ranger Tarawen awake and prattle her playful banter toward their bands leader Tolkus. Halvorn allowed a quicky smile to creep onto his pale pink lips and warm expression onto his weathered handsome face.

The seasoned ranger finally spoke his deep baritone voice cordial, "Morning Tarawen!" "Sleep well?" "Your sword arm feeling better after your engaging those bandits?" As he awaited a reply his leader then addressed him, "Eat and rest a bit my friend. Your shift to releave Diaren will come soon." Halvorn answered back his deep baritone voice cool with a witty retort, " Aye Tol I'll be ready to relieve Diaren in a bit." " By then you'll be surrounded by beautiful female fighters so don't let it get to your head or other areas." The 59-year old northern dúnedain now awaited either a playful jab to his ribcage or deep throaty chuckle.... He now began to devoer the bacon, eggs, and toast with a ravenous appetite that would impress the appetites of the dwarves!

Tolkus
13/Nov/2011, 04:34 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus smiled at the sight of Tarawen sitting up and seeming in good spirits. He laughed at he retort about eating so he got up and fixed her a large plate of everything and took it over to her. "Here, eat well." Tolkus said as he gave Tarawen her breakfast. "As for Khall... he's dreaming still.. of women no dout." he couldn't help but laugh when he said this. Tolkus sat close by to Tarawen but down wind so his pipe would not interfer with her eating. "As to the Company. Elegost and Alalmund are scouting out where we are headed to. Diaren is north of here where those bandits fled so as to keep watch and not let us be taken by surprise if the should return." He took a puff on his pipe then contiued, "The rest of us are here as you see." Then Tolkus heard Halvorn speak and replyed with a laugh, "And also one loud snoring, grub eating, woman chasing, quip mouth, elegant fighter." Tolkus pointed behind him to Khallador.

kassiopi
14/Nov/2011, 06:13 PM
Mariane, bandit

Mariane was dreaming. There was not much of the night left to dream properly really but still she was excited of how many blurred images she saw. There was no sound but the intesity of the colours and the impact these memories had in her life made her want to moan. She didn't however. She wasn't sure how but she always had a consiousness while she dreamt and could prevent herself from screaming or talking in her sleep. She wound not be betrayed by her own self in such a stupid way.

She saw her mother and her father, both bathed in blood. And then she saw the ranger that was screaming at her she was a deceiver though his face kept changing and took the form of all the rangers she had met; those two she had once killed in their sleep and those she had met the last night. And then she saw a raven flying on the skies and a distant valley and maybe a glimpse of icy water...

She woke up early, only after two hours of sleep, if she could tell from the position of the sun on the sky. But she didn't stood up, she just tried to get back to sleep. She wasn't sure the others had woken up but she didn't want to seem too alarmed. After all, to their eyes, she was just a simple girl that maybe overslept some times. This would be more natural. So, Mariane, travelled a while between the world of dreams and reality not really managing to sleep but when she at last opened her eyes, she heard voices and she knew the rangers were up. That would be a rough day. She searched under her cloak to see if her weapon was intact and was relieved to find it there. That didn't mean she wasn't searched at night but Mariane could also wake up quite easily if felt in danger, so she believed no one had found the short blade.

Finally, she got up and looked around, feeling a complete stranger. Unfortunately, she found that the ranger that had yelled at her earlier that day was back and the female one too. She almost heard Tolkus referring to the positions of the other rangers and tried to make her hair and seem ingorant to what they were talking about. Somewhere deep inside her she didn't want to face their suspicious faces and mostly, the sullen and quiet look on Tolkus's eyes. He didn't let his suspicions revealed but somehow Mariane knew he was the one she should fear most. She shouldn't trust him. She was evil. she trusted no one. Not sure of what to say she looked around, wondering if there was water anywhere near to wash her face, but nothing came back while she tried to remember. She hadn't been very near at Fornost for years and she didn't know the land well.
"Good morning", she said. "Is there any chance there's a stream somewhere near?" she asked. She needed a moment alone, to think and organise her thoughts. She couldn't stand being among them any longer.

(OOC: Wow, I'm sorry I had been away for so long. I wasn't able to log in for two weeks or more as I've said in other places but anyway, I'm back now and I hope that won't happen again!</font>)

Tarawen
20/Nov/2011, 02:44 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg



</font>Tarawen



</font>Shadow Company

</font>"Morning, Halvorn," she said in between large bites of her breakfast. She swallowed some meat and bread and gave a smile. "My sword arm is fine, it's just this other one with the gash in it that's a problem!" Tarawen glanced down at her heavily bandaged left arm. It was stiff and still quite painful from the cut she had received at the Defenders' camp, but it was not bleeding anymore, for which she was very thankful. She was also glad to know that the company had not been idle while she rested--she would have hated to hold anyone up.

She smirked a bit and shook her head as Halvorn and Tolkus exchanged some friendly banter, and polished off her breakfast with a last bite of bread. "That was the best breakfast I've ever had," she said, setting her plate down on the ground. "In all seriousness. We're lucky it wasn't Khall's morning to cook."

Tara's lightheartedness drained a bit as she saw another person stirring in the morning light--a woman. The woman she had so distrusted from the moment Tara had laid eyes on her. Tara wasn't sure if there was a stream nearby--she hadn't seen one and had not yet had to go for water, so she said nothing. Her eyes had darkened somewhat upon seeing Mariane again; she wondered what the woman had told or been told in the dark of night while she and Khallador had been at the other camp--she hoped that her fellow rangers knew more about her now, and that Mariane did not know anything more about them.
</font>

Asha'bellanar
21/Nov/2011, 03:35 AM
Elegost NPC
In Fornost w/Adalmund

"Then I shall drag the horse-master by the collar of his shirt to Rivendell, so that he might come under their spell also" laughed Elegost, stroking Nionwen as she continued to be at ease. Speaking of elves with his ranger comrade was like talking about descent food to Khallador, both unknown to the other. "Perhaps when all this is over" added Elegost, "we shall wander in together, so that you may release me from their aura and bring me back to the presence of Men" he joked, smiling at the idea of Adalmund pulling him out of the Valley and back to the Lone-lands. No doubt Adalmund was strong enough to do so, and more than willing. Then again, the opposing situation may occur, if such plan was followed through, it could be Elegost getting Adalmund out - but unlikely. "If my mind moves fast so soar, then so shall yours!" he chuckled, before Hérion above let out a troubled cry and descended like a dart down to his master. Shrieking and fluttering his wings like a mad bird, interrupting Elegost's conversation with Adalmund. "Where-where is it boy?' he asked, coming up to standing with the falcon perched and panicking on his arm. </font>Hérion</font> pointed his beak in the direction, to the ruins just ahead of both rangers. Elegost nodded to Adalmund. "Come with me" he whispered, abandoning his mare and grabbing his bow. Elegost rushed stealthily to some nearby ruins, gesturing for Adalmund to follow.</font>







Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Hallas C. Pehwarin
21/Nov/2011, 04:35 AM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

</font></font>The 59-year old northern </font></font></font></font>d</font></font></font></font>únedain now listened to his fellow ranger Tarawen speak, </font>"My sword arm is fine, it's just this other one with the gash in it that's a problem!" </font>"That was the best breakfast I've ever had, </font>"In all seriousness. We're lucky it wasn't Khall's morning to cook." </font>At that remark Halvorn chuckled wryly and spoke his </font></font>deep baritone voice equally light hearted, " True in Khall's case of cooking it probably beworms and hot Cram!" The weathered and seasoned ranger was glad to converse with his fellow kin even beautiful ladies that had chosen to take this type of rough life!

Halvorn gave his fellow </font>d</font></font></font></font>únedain another warm smile</font> that reveal his white teeth. He then glanced over with his </font>keen blue-grey eyes</font> at the still snoring form of Khallador. When the 59-year old ranger heard his leader's short situation report Halvorn absorbed the key bits and again now chuckled when Tolkus described their fellow ranger Khallador and his way of life as a ranger.</font> Now their 'guest' </font>Mariane had woken up and asked if</font> there was a stream nearby.</font> The young wiry looking woman also</font> requested that she be lead a little bit away from their campsite to bath and relive herself. So did the 59-year old ranger flicked his weathered yet handsome face toward Tolkus and awaited for him to decide who be the one to babysit the young lady as she obviously wanted to get away from them for a bit. It made Halvorn uneasy.....
</font>

Tolkus
22/Nov/2011, 04:42 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus smiled at Tarawen's comment on breakfast and of Halvorn's. His attention we then turned to Mariane and her request. He gave her a sweet smile and said, "Over there beyond that large oak the ground falls. At the bottom is a creek. A small area pools there, knee deep, you can refreash yourself there. The water fall that feeds it is good for drinking from too." Tolkus then looked to Tarawen, "Could you take a post by the tree? You will have an over look of the area and keep a eye out just in case. Wouldn't want anyone sneaking up on our guest." As an after thought Tolkus said to Mariane, "Be weary while in the water, there are some sharp and slippery rocks there, so please be careful." Tolkus then sat back and drew from his pipe.

Adalmund
23/Nov/2011, 07:09 PM
In Fornost w/Elegost

Adalmund laughed aloud light-heartedly as Elegost joked about dragging him into Rivendell."I seriously don't think there would be need of dragging!" he said with faked indignance. After hearing his comrade's next words he replied, "Aye, it would be more likely for us to wander in together, but I don't know that I would be willing to leave so soon myself, let alone pull another out!" and his lip curled in a humorous smile as he spoke.

The young Ranger sprang to his feet at Hérion's screech and fixed his eyes on the bird with a sense of dread and suspense. Elegost questioned his pet after it had come to a perch on his arm and the falcon answered with a movement of its head as if it fully understood the tongue of men. Whispering, Elegost bade Adalmund to go with him and set off in the direction to which Hérion had gestured, his bow in his hand. Adalmund loosened his own sword in its scabbard and held a tight grip on the hilt as he followed soundlessly.

OOC @ Sur:</font> If you don't mind, I am going to use the same colour for Adal as you use for Elegost while the two are scouting together.</font>/</font>

Asha'bellanar
29/Nov/2011, 08:33 AM
OOC @ Adalmund: (That's okay Adalmund, it's great if you do that</font> smileys/smiley1.gif)

Elegost NPC
In Fornost w/Adalmund

He could hear Nionwen fidget faintly as he and Adalmund made their way up the stairs and into the courtyard, with its collapsed and crumbling pillars. No doubt she was nervous about being left alone so suddenly, but Elegost knew his pet Hérion was never wrong - and pressed onwards. His steps were slow, but large, almost jumping one foot ahead of the next. The goal was to make their way across quickly without making too much noise; it would not be wise to remain in such exposing environment for very long. Elegost was worried that someone might appear from the raised walkways above, and he pulled back a single feathered arrow on the string of his bow. Ready, if another archer attempted to fire at any one of them, it would be this Ranger who fired first. However, no such thing occurred. The last of the aged tiles were stepped on, and the end of the courtyard was reached. Elegost still did not sigh of relief, the falcon on his shoulder was not at peace, and therefore his master wouldn't be either. Scattered trees greeted them ahead, and he nodded questionably at Adalmund. Asking first of all, if his scouting companion had seen anything, and secondly, if he was ready to proceed. Elegost pressed his right boot on the first steps, descending down from the courtyard. The stone did not hold. Before his eyes, it broke, and the weight of Elegost was pushed forward. Tumbling and hitting his head repeatedly against the edges of each raised flight, Elegost's face kissed the dirt beyond the stairs.

So much for being elusive; he thought, coming up to standing. </font>Hérion</font> had left his owner as he fell, but now perched himself on him again. Elegost clicked his tongue at the bird, and shook his now shaggy hair. He smiled at Adalmund and raised an index finger, he wagged it and then slid it across his neck with a playful grin. If his fellow Shadow Ranger told anybody that had happened, Elegost would kill him. Well, not really, maybe just slap him good. With a shrug and reminder of the present situation, he continued ahead of Adalmund. Yards away, a cluster of what were homes once could be seen. </font>Hérion</font>'s talons tightened, and his sharp claws pierced Elegost's arm. The falcon pecked repeatedly at his master's neck. Elegost was first convinced his pet was simply hurting him, angry at the fact that he had to come along, or that his owner had fallen like an uncoordinated fool. Before his hand could strike </font>Hérion</font>'s beak, loud footsteps, approaching fast, reached his ears. Elegost grabbed Adalmund by the arm and he threw them both behind a series of bushes. Both hit the ground with a mild thump. Elegost rose quickly to his knees, looking out from beyond the plants. A swarthy, dark-haired man paced around a half-fallen structure. His fingers drumming the blade at his side. Elegost pointed to him so Adalmund could see, and both watched as this individual appeared to be attentively on watch, before entering the ruins again. Elegost looked at Adalmund and whispered - "We need to go back... now!"</font>





Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Adalmund
03/Dec/2011, 11:13 PM
In Fornost w/Elegost</font></font>His fellow ranger led Adalmund into what must once have been a magnificent courtyard. As he followed Elegost, Adalmund felt uneasy, not knowing what lay ahead but sensing danger perhaps as keenly as his companion's bird. He was aware of an unfriendly presence somewhere nearby. On he went with strides long, firm and soundless. He was truly glad that Elegost had his bow bent. When they had crossed the courtyard safely, Elegost gave him a questioning look to which he replied with a blank shake of his head and a pointed glance at the path ahead which said quite plainly, let's just move on!</font></font>The next moment he wished he had not suggested moving on,with or without words. As Elegost placed a foot on the topmost stair, the stair decided to crack andgive way. What rotten luck! With surprising agility Adalmund crouched down and as Elegost was going down headfirstgrabbed at the other ranger's left boot, which left his foot entirely. Adalmundsatdown where he was with a boot in his hand, biting his lowerlip and screwing up his face at the racket that Elegost's fall was making andwondering if his companion would need medical help when he reached the bottom. Apparently he didn't, for he stood up at once and shook his head violently. Adalmund also stood and began to descend the stairs in a more dignified way. What a nerve that man had to grin at him and to threaten! Adalmund shook his head reproachfully, as if to say, shame on you. But he was smiling. It had been quite an amusing scene to witness after all andwhile it had done nothing to increase Adalmund's respect for Elegost, it hadawakened in hima fondness and a friendly feeling towards him as such goofs often did.</font></font>"Let us hope the racket you just made will not bring us to any danger!" he whispered in Elegost's ear. On they went and after a short while footsteps were heard. Immediately Elegost grabbed him by the arm and threw both of them behind some bushes. Together they watched as a bulk of a man with dark hair and dark skin came and went, looking as watchful as a man could be. </font></font>"We need to go back," Elegost whispered. "Now!" Adalmund nodded and began to crawl out from behind the bushes.</font>

Tarawen
12/Dec/2011, 03:01 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg</font>



</font>Tarawen</font>



</font>Shadow Company</font></font>

Tara did her best to mask her displeasure at Mariane's continued presence in their camp, though she had never been very good at hiding her feelings. The strange woman had asked for a stream, though she hadn't specified why she might need one. Tolkus had inferred, as one does, that she needed it for bathing or washing or something of the sort. Tara didn't know what to think about the woman's intentions--maybe she meant to follow it away from their camp and toward the ruins of Fornost.

Her ears perked up when Tolkus asked her, "Could you take a post by the tree?"</font> She smirked when he suggested that she keep an eye out--because she would certainly be keeping an eye out for what Mariane might do, suspecting the woman had the worst intentions despite the bright light of morning and the clear view Tara would have of her from the tree. "Of course," she replied. "It'll be good for me to get up and actually do something. And clearly we want to make sure our guest isn't . . . happened upon by anything strange." Be it beast or slippery idea about running away with information about us, Tara finished inwardly. Her arm might be temporarily disabled, but her suspicions most certainly were not.
</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
16/Dec/2011, 07:01 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

</font></font>The 59-year old northern </font></font></font></font>d</font></font></font></font>únedain was glad when his band's seasoned leader Tolkus appointed ranger Tarawen to watch their 'guest' Mariane for the morning. So did Halvorn choose to also prepare to leave and relieve his fellow ranger </font>Dairen</font></font></font> who was supposed to be somewhat northern direction of the camp that did lay within the outer bounds of the ancient ruins of the once fair city Fornost Erain. So did the 59-year old ranger dusted off his ranger attire that fitted to match the hues of the forest being the muted colors of black, grey, green, and brown. The seasoned veteran now opened his black leather pack unfastening its flap with flick of his left hand. He was grateful that it was still set against the crumbling remains of the wall that had long ago been one of several out buildings that had been nestled against Fornost's formidable high grey stone or when the sun shined down on them white walls instead of sagging to one side on the cold trampled ground.
</font>
Halvorn reached inside to retrieve his small yew hunting bow, and special matching black belt that had four leather loops or bands to hold his wooden quiver and his bow along with spaces to carry either two short swords or long daggers. His wooden quiver was the last gift of his father Halvergil just after he, Halvorn had taken the Oath of the Rangers for the first time at the young age of only 18! During that first year of service Halvorn had chosen to protect the fragile wooden quiver further. So he'd covered it in soft dark forest green leather that had a floral leaf pattern similarly used by the Elves on their own quivers to prevent noise while moving about in the Wilds of Eriador. The mouth or top of the quiver was open and along the edge had sliver of bronze filigree ingrained into the stained black wood.

The quiver also carried a tiny sigil of the White Tree of N</font></font></font></font></font>úmenor in full flower</font>. The inside of the mouth of the quiver carried too a soft canvas tan leather hood to protect his stock of 30 steel barbed arrows. The belt was identical to one currently girthed about his narrow slim waist bearing his </font></font></font></font></font>two brown leather pouches containing some healing herbs,
bandages, a tiny amount of coin, and some pipe weed that he'd bought
when he and his fellow rangers had stopped in the village of Bree to stock up on supplies. Now</font> the 59-year ranger donned it over his long dark grey woolen cloak fastening firmly to his tall 6-foot and 5 inch well toned muscular body.

Halvorn then stowed his short yew bow into its customary place beside his quiver covered in green leather with its tan canvas hood drawn up to protect his arrows and give him more stealth as he prepared to leave. </font></font></font></font></font>With the palm of his left hand resting against the steel conical pommel of his families </font></font></font></font></font>ancient N</font>úmenorean longsword did he give a nod to Tolkus and the rest of the Shadow Company. The 59-year old ranger spoke up his </font> deep baritone voice still firm, "Well Tol off to relieve Darien of his duties as Watchman and send into camp to rest." "See you all after a long watch." With his right blue-grey eye that was keen and bright Halvorn winked to his fellow rangers still nestled around the camp's fire and with a spring in his step did he slowly head north. His weathered yet handsome face now carried a somber neutral expression as he walked with slow practiced gait of one who'd tromped all over the wilds of Eriador..... Now did he examine his current path looking for the markings of his fellow ranger Darien had left with subtle tell-tail signs only a ranger or and Elf warrior could discern with his keen and bright blue-grey eyes.

OOC: been a bit of while since anyone posted Tol so I decided to leave camp and give Darien a reprieve from exceptional long watch!smileys/smiley4.gif So Rian be on the lookout for me coming toward you from the south from whereever your hiding spot is!smileys/smiley11.gif</font>
</font>

Rian Eliowen
18/Dec/2011, 01:21 PM
<DIV =WebWizRTE marginwidth="1" marginheight="1" topmargin="1" leftmargin="1">Dairen - Ranger of the Shadow Company - overlooking the camp from the North.

From his hidden position on the rocky outcrop, which gave a good view especially to the west through to the north east, Dairen had kept watch, marking where the rangers’ camp was below, by the faint wisp of smoke which rose in the air from the small fire they had lit, although they were well hidden from general view. He also noted the faint glimmer and the sound of water coming from the small creek near their camp from which he had filled his water bottle earlier. He marked the appearance of Elegost’s hawk, Herion as it occasionally appeared in the sky, giving him a good idea where Elegost and Adelmund might be on their scouting mission. Suddenly the hawk which had been circling in the sky gave a faint cry and descended rapidly into the scrub, near the ruins of Fornost. It seemed that the bird, which acted like a spare pair of eyes for Elegost, had seen something of note. Straining his eyes and ears, Dairen thought that he detected a flash of colour and movement among the ruins – but then it was gone again, and it was too far away for him to make out much detail anyway. What ever was happening out there, there weren’t large numbers involved anyway. The day grew hotter, and to keep himself alert, Dairen took another swig from his diminishing water supply, making a note of the passing of time by the way that the shadows were shortening as the sun climbed up in the sky. As Dairen allowed his eyes to sweep around the area towards the south again, he thought he detected a brief blur movement among the trees but this too was swift and it was hard to be certain what he had seen – but his senses warned him that he was not alone, although he had seen little evidence of the presence of the others which he suspected. Dairen melted back into the cover of a bush and allowed his hearing to extend out as far as possible so that if anyone was approaching he could hear their footsteps.

Tolkus
23/Dec/2011, 10:58 PM
Shadow Company</font>With everyone heading where they needed and Khall still a sleep the camp was quiet at the moment. Tolkus stocked the fire once more and sat down against a log and enjoyed his pipe. He looked into the air and could make out Elegost's pet hawk circling high above. Then suddenly the hawk dove, this caused a stir inside him of couriosity. Why was the hawk diving? Was there trouble? Not taking any chances Tolkus got up and got out his sword, just in case. He then gave a signal to Tara to keep her eyes and ears open. He walked over to where Khall was sleeping and gently woke him while signaling to keep quiet. Now he waited and watched in the direction that he had sent out Elgost and Adelmund.

Asha'bellanar
08/Jan/2012, 08:58 PM
Elegost NPC
In Fornost - w/Adalmund ---&gt; Shadow Company's Camp - w/Adalmund

There was no being silly or silent now; the situation had gone from completely peaceful to one with dire consequences. Bandits were in Fornost, and if their fellow Rangers were not told.... well. Elegost ran, and his falcon Hérion flew over both of them, letting out a cry. The speed of his owner was so great, even the bird could not keep up at full speed! Elegost looked back at Adalmund frequently. "Come on! Come on!" he would say, demanding for his companion to faster. Up the stairs, across the courtyard, down another set of stairs, and back to their modest encampment. Elegost halted, gasping from shock. He put his hands to his head. "No no! No no no!!!" he yelled, his mare Nionwen was nowhere to be found. Hoof tracks were scattered around the dirt space, and Elegost's and Adalmund's belongings had been dragged and then dropped in different places. Others had attempted to sack their little camp, and Nionwen had fought off whoever was there, before being taken away herself. Elegost wished his things had been taken instead, and for the first time during his stay here, his nostrils flared in ire. His face became red and he curled his fists. They could take his food, clothes, and weapons - but no one, absolutely no one, stole his Nionwen! Gathering his sacks and satchels quickly, Elegost pressed forward to the Shadow Company... </font>

</font>Hérion</font> was the fist to arrive. The winged animal screeched loudly in anxiety and descended to the one called Dairen. He perched himself on his shoulder, fluttering his wings wildly. A gesture that his master was approaching, and that they had spotted trouble in the ruins! </font>Moments later, Elegost approached the Shadow Company's camp with</font>Adalmund. </font>A saddle in his hands, but no Nionwen. He threw it to the ground with a heavy heart, and approached Tolkus. </font>"We have done as you told" he began, clearly upset with having his steed taken, and loud enough for any nearby to hear, "and there is reason to believe, bandits are within Fornost..." </font>Hérion</font>, with Dairen, gave a firm nod. Confirming Elegost's words, before taking flight once again, and soaring above the camp in circles.</font>









Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Beren Camlost
14/Jan/2012, 08:42 AM
Shadow Company - Khallador</font>
</font> There was warmth and light in the darkness ; the startling redness in his closed eyelids was the sun's rays lighting the world and shining on his harsh, weather-beaten face. Khallador awoke to the merry chatter of the birds of dawn ; Tolkus had awoken him, softly jogging his arm. Wh- Khallador began quietly, after rubbing sleep out of his eyes, but Tolkus motioned for him to remain silent if possible or speak lowly. He was armed with a sword. </font>
</font> Khallador pursed his lips and reached for his own, fastening the light black metal scabbard to his weapons belt ; Tara was stationed near a tree and Adalmund had returned with Elegost who divulged what they had discovered. Bandits in Fornost. They won't come out alive, Khallador replied to Elegost, clasping his forearm comradely ; his green eyes glinted dangerously.</font>
</font> Let's start soon ; I like to do my killing before breakfast. Khallador turned to Tolkus. Do we know anything about how the Defenders fared ? he asked, concerned for the old vet and cousins Beren and Jaena ; he wondered if Emma was okay. Perhaps we should find them, team up, and then venture into the city ? He scratched the stubble on his cheek in thought. What should we do about Mariane ?</font>
</font> Do we trust her - he flicked his gaze at Tarawen, wanting her to know he didn't like the stranger either ; Tarawen could try to mask her doubt the girl but somehow Khallador got a vibe that Tarawen was wary of Mariane likewise - enough to take her with us ? If she's the enemy, we might get ambushed, he questioned in a whisper at Tolkus.</font>
</font>OCC @ Rior ((</font> </font>I'll play up Beren when we determine what the Defenders are going to do</font> <b style="color: rgb0, 102, 0; ">))[/b]</font>

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gif













Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Tolkus
15/Jan/2012, 08:49 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus shook his head at the news. "Not good..." he half muttered to himslef. He then turned his atention to Khallador, "The Defenders faired fine, I think Tara got the worst in the fight." Tolkus then noded to what Khall had aked about Mariane. "I to do not wish her to go with us, but I am loth to leave her behind, for fear if she is the enemy what she could do then." After a moment of silence Tolkus spoke, "Tarawen, stay here and watch over Mariane and when Dairen returns let him help you." Tolkus looked about at the group and gave the warning call out to where he had sent Dairen and Halvorn in hopes they could hear and would come back. "When Halvorn returns send him in the direction we go Tarawen." Tolkus sheathed his sword and said,"Lead on Elegost and take us there, with care."

Tarawen
16/Jan/2012, 04:30 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg
</font>


</font>Tarawen
</font>


</font>Shadow Company

</font>Her grey eyes followed Tolkus's line of vision as he gazed out toward Fornost, where Elegost's hawk dove suddenly. Eyebrows raised in curiosity, she nodded grimly as he asked her to keep an eye out. It wasn't long before she could see small figures hurrying their way, then hear Elegost and Adalmund's quick footfalls and their voices as they approached. "Bandits?" That was enough to warrant Tara removing her gaze from Mariane for a moment. "Indeed, we'd better get this all over with before we eat. Don't want any gut reactions making things too messy," she joked to lighten the mood. "But really. Let's do this."

Tara nodded as Tolkus gave out orders to get things moving and to rid Fornost of the bandits. "I'll gladly stay," she said. "Dairen to help me; Halvorn on after you," she said, repeating the orders to demonstrate that she understood what she was to do. "Take care, all of you," she said, with a particular look at Khall, as he'd been up and fighting not long ago and she hoped he was rested enough and that she would meet up with all of them, healthy and whole, soon.

((OOC: Since kassi hasn't been on in months, Aig and I discussed having me stay with Mariane until Dairen and Halvorn return to the Shadow Company's camp, at which point I'll bring all of us over to Fornost to join up with the rest of the Company. Aig will play Mariane in kassi's absence, and have her sneak off to join Sur's Selene and eventually be sent on an errand so that, in case kassi returns to us, she can take over Mariane and her character will be pretty much unscathed. This seemed to us like the best resolution to having me stay with an inactive NPC; hopefully kassi will come back and resume playing Mariane, but in case that doesn't happen this is the backup plan that we feel will be best for moving the story forward. </font>smileys/smiley11.gif))
</font>

Rian Eliowen
16/Jan/2012, 06:53 AM
Dairen - Shadow Company - overlooking the camp

Dairen having been on lookout duty all morning,had been warned by the movementsof Elegost's hawk as well as his own intuition that all was not well, so was already alert and listening intently. As he waited camoflagedin the surrounding trees and bushes he faintly heard the ranger's secret warning call sound from back at the campsite - the call that signalled danger.Dairen decided that he should return to the camp to find out what was afoot.He could not be of any actual help where he was in the case of trouble, and the others might be in need of extra muscle. Having made up his mind to move, he quicklyemerged from the bushes,descending from the rocky outcrop and retracing his path back towards the stream where they had set up camp.
When he finally arrived at the campsite, he foundthe others ready to depart. As he creptwarily through the trees,he could hear their leader Tolkus giving quiet orders, and the others were just about saddled and ready. There was some trouble afoot for sure.Dairen let his boots make a bit of noise in the undergrowth as he approached so as not to startle Them..
"What has happened?" he asked quietly once he was among them.

Edited by: Rian Eliowen

Adalmund
16/Jan/2012, 11:25 PM
In Fornost w/Elegost &gt;</font>&gt; Shadow Company

Adalmund</font> was taken aback when Elegost darted away in as fast a run as he had ever seen. Realizing at once that caution meant nothing at this point, he followed suit. He ran at full speed, but still he was several yards behind his companion who seemed to have been caught by a sudden madness. His fear affected Adalmund too. Panic rose in his heart, reaching its height when they got back to their small camp.

"What? No..." he said in shock, panting heavily and making no sense. Their things lay in places other than where they had left them and the horses were nowhere to be seen! There was an excess of hoof tracks in the clearing and even a few droplets of what looked like blood. "Erwin!" he breathed barely audibly, a fire blazing in his grey eyes. He had never been loud in his distress.
</font>
Without speaking to each other the two rangers returned to Shadow Company's camp. Adalmund was still in shock. This was his first mission as a ranger and losing the beast which had been like a loyal friend to him for many years was not what he had bargained for. Elegost gave a brief report of what they had observed and his displeasure was evident in his tone. Adalmund merely looked disgruntled. He watched and listened almost indifferently as the others decided to deal with the bandits at once and discussed what they were to do with Mariane. He intended to fight bandits of course, but he felt so stumped at his stallion's disappearance that there was no excitement in him. Only a solid determination.

Suddenly Adalmund gasped in wonder and delight as Erwin entered the camp all alone. "Boy am I glad to see you!" he said, advancing on the grey horse who appeared to be rather unhappy. The beast greeted his owner with a snort. Adalmund patted him a little and took the dangling saddle off him, laying it on the ground. He searched him for nonexistent injuries, while muttering all the time about his being a very clever horse. When his primary gladness at Erwin's return had subsided, Adalmund glanced at Elegost with a pained expression. Earlier they had both suffered pretty much the same loss, but now that his own horse had come back safe and sound he felt bad for Elegost and his stolen mare. </font>

Tolkus
18/Jan/2012, 07:33 PM
Shadow Company

At the sudden return of Adalmunds horse Tolkus held the group to let the horse be inspected for any injuries. Seeing Adalmunds expression of releife Tolkus asked, "Do you think the horse bolted when they were accausted or did he exscape?" He waited to see what the Ranger would say. If the horse exscaped, then they could track where it came from and possibly get Elegost mare as well.

Tolkus then turnedto Tara,"When the other two show up all three of you follow us and keepMariane close."

Hallas C. Pehwarin
19/Jan/2012, 04:23 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company

</font></font>The 59-year old ranger now turned his weathered face upward to allow his keen and bright </font></font></font></font> blue-grey eyes to scan the skies seeing the Elegost's pet hawk dive toward the ruins of Fornost Erain screeching! That alone mad the seasoned northern </font>d</font></font></font></font>únedain increase his pace toward where his fellow ranger </font>Darien had hidden himself. As he moved through the somewhat thick foliage passing across the flowing stream on its northern edge</font> splashing water and making quite a racket did Halvorn reach the rocky outcrop and its covering of several thick green leafed bushes! Breathing in steady pace the seasoned ranger cast his keen and bright blue-grey eyes toward the trampled ground seeing Darien had left his post maybe a few minutes ago but not more than 10 or 15!</font>

Halvorn</font> studied the trampled booted footprints and faint traces of where his fellow ranger had grabbed hold of the rocky outcrop as he traversed his way back toward their small companies encampment. "Well</font> I guess I'll take over the duties as Watchman." though the 59-year old </font>northern </font>d</font></font></font></font>únedain as he positioned himself and began to direct his gaze down toward where their camp was then roaming over the few crumbling towers that dotted the ruins of their races' once proud city of Fornost Erain.</font> Halvorn now prayed that he was not needed in the camp now since Tolkus would have to send either Khallador or Darien back to this watch-point to collect him or send Elegost's pet hawk with a scroll attached to the noble creatures leg for him to</font> read and then make haste back to the camp to see whatever was the matter</font>. The duties had barely begun when the 59-year old ranger heard with his medium ears a distinct trilling whistle call! It was able just barely to pierce the sounds of the wildlife that had nested in vast ruins that was once Fornost Erain! That was the call for any and all rangers attached to Shadow Company!

Quickly did Halvorn scrambled down the rocky outcrop leaping down and landing onto the trampled ground of the tiny glen that lay near the flowing stream. His bootprints left behind a very deep indentation and now the seasoned ranger raced through the thick foliage loud enough to cause small burrowing animals to scramble for cover as ran back toward camp!</font> As he ran Halvorn decided to ready himself for possibly combat and drew forth from out of its weather stained scabbard covered in</font>
dark blue leather that crisscrossed down its entire length</font> his families ancient </font>N</font>úmenorean longsword. The hilt or handgrip was layered with thick black leather and had 10 bronze rings set about for an easier grip during close quarter combat.

The curved burnished steel crossguard came next and had warrior's flourish being twisted and fitted with bronze filigree. The 3 and 1/2 foot steel blade continued and carried a deep wide fuller than ran down the most of the length of the blade before ending at the finely tapered point. The edge was hard and keen showing that had seen combat many times and was still exceptional in close in fighting. The conical pommel was a single simple piece of solid burnished steel. Yet set into bottom of the steel pommel was a black piece of solid black onyx and inlaid into it was the fabled White Tree of N</font>úmenor in full blossom. Though now it was just called the Tree of Gondor since Isildur had planted the last sapling of Nimloth the Fair in the court of the Kings in Minas Anor( Tower of the Sun) or now Minas Tirith(Tower of Guard)</font> in memory of his brother Anárion who died during siege of Barad-Dûr from a stone cast from the dark tower itself during the final years of the Last Alliance.

Finally did Halvorn burst into the camp brandishing his family's longsword in his right hand. With his keen and bright blue-grey eyes the seasoned ranger gazed about seeing that some of his fellow rangers were assembled including their young yet seasoned leader Tolkus. With his deep bass voice did the 59-year old ranger speak sounding a bit gruff, " All right Tolkus what's going on? " Jerking a thumb in the direction of their 'guest' Marianne he continued, " Did her friends show up?" " For I'd just begun my watch when you sounded the signal to regroup." Halvorn waited his tall and lean 6-foot and 5 inch body coiling ready to bound toward Fornost if given the word and to give some brigands a good brawling fight that would send them fleeing back to whatever cave they'd crawled out of.....
</font>


OOC: Sorry Tolkus and fellow members of Shadow Company I've been having to help take care of my sister's kids each of whom has been sick with what I call the 'chuck bug'. smileys/smiley27.gifNot pleasant at all but I've been extremely careful the whole time I was around them making certain to wash hands and wipe down anything they have used or touched with Clorox wipes and Lysol spray.smileys/smiley11.gif So I've not got the bug and thankful for that since my 'old man' came down with it and I stayed away letting my mother handle him.</font>smileys/smiley6.gif Now he's managed to recover well with a day's and whole night of solid rest with eating being simple easy to make foods such as cheese crackers or hot hearty soup.smileys/smiley11.gif
</font>






Edited by: Hallas C. Pehwarin

Beren Camlost
20/Jan/2012, 01:58 AM
Mariane - With Shadow Company, outside Fornost </font>
</font><i style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; "> Hey, what's with all the noise ?[/i] </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]whined, faking as much grogginess as she could, moving the palm of her hand over chestnut bedraggled hair as she arose from where she lay upon the earth. She had been awake mostly all night ; </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]was frightened to sleep, fearing that balefully-staring cur </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Tarawen [/b]or the stony-faced friend of hers, </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Khallador[/b], would paw her, discovering the the short-sword and brace of daggers hidden upon her. A case could be made that the girl was trying to survive in a tough corner of the world, but </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Tarawen [/b]and </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Khallador [/b]mistrusted the young dark-hooded woman and would have killed her, sleeping or not, at first sight of the weapons. She didn't miss the look the pair shared with each other now. </span></font>


<b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">
</font>[/b] </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]rose unsteadily to her feet, pretending momentary disorientation upon waking. </span><i style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">[/i]She imagined herself tramping with the Dúnedain into the ruins. </span><i style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">I have to make water, [/i]she'd pout and that brave, kindly man </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Tolkus [/b]would assign a Ranger to guard her. </span><i style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Can't a girl get a little privacy ?[/i] </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]would sulk but </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Tolkus [/b]would ignore her simmering anyway. Alone, </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]and her warden would walk off. The Ranger's back would be turned, giving </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]the chance to undress....and </span><b style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">Mariane [/b]would brain the idiot with a stone - they were </span><i style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">plenty [/i]in the city, it was all one </span><i style="color: rgb102, 0, 153; ">big mess [/i]- and then run, far away.</span></font>
</font> She'd find Brendan and they both would search for Drefous and the Spectres, her gang of thieves from out of the Mountains of Angmar, and she'd be safe again. And ready to oust the Rangers ; Fornost was a treasure trove and she wanted it all for herself....er, and the Spectres, of course. Mariane wondered about the other criminals who the Rangers had assaulted last night ; if there were any survivors perhaps the Spectres would like to join forces. She'd allow it. They'd kill the competition after the Rangers were dead, anyway.</font>
</font> Well, looks like you got all the help you need, Big Fella, Mariane observed, speaking to Tolkus. Lessay we get into the city, right ? No time like the present !</font>
</font>http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Others%20Ic&#111;ns/Mariane6.jpg

</font>*</font>
</font>Brendan - The Spectres, Fornost</font>
</font> Birdsong and squeaking awakened Brendan from his slumber ; the big bearded man had slept in a lofty tower for the night, 12 miles north within the ruins of Fornost. Mariane's friend rubbed sleep from his eyes and peered through shadows and dappled sunlight ; a rat had taken a peculiar interest in him but the rodent, seeing that Brenden was awake, chittered about its disappointment and scurried into a hole in the wall.</font>
</font> I should be moseying on myself, I reckon, Brendan decided, coming to his feet, stretching. The thief emerged from his hiding place ; he strode from the stairs but in moments Brendan changed his mind, coming to stand still here at the pinnacle of the marble edifice now. Before him was an awesome, panoramic view of the once august city. Thousands of treasure. All for the Spectres.</font>
</font>*</font>Drefrous - The Spectres, northern Fornost</font>
</font> Welcome back, Drefous, Devan Two Bears - a troll of a man from the Mountains of Angmar, descendant of the few remaining peoples of that once great empire ; he wasn't a thief in the guild, he delighted more in the breaking of skulls than the looting of riches - rumbled at the sight of the small burned man who was making his way to the Leader's tent where he stood guard. Drefous gave Devan a rare smile ; he was the only man Drefous really get along with - Devan never noticed his scars. Drefous was about to open the flap of the tent to venture inside but Devan lifted him with two enormous, sinewy arms and laughed heartily as he crushed Drefous in a long, ardent embrace. Nice....to see....you too....but....can't....breathe....man.... Drefous wheezed and Devan gave his little charred friend an embarrased look before setting him back down. Sorry about that, Dref, the deep-voiced, bald-headed Iron Man honestly apologized and slapped Drefous on the back...which sent him literally flying through the tent to the much the startled curses of assembled lieutenants. And gales of laughter, one of which was the loudest of all and belonged to no other than.....</font>
</font> Sorry, I'm late, boss. We got intercepted. Kriffing Rangers, tell ya' all about it,Drefous hurriedly spoke, arising quickly to his feet to stand before Kellan Thrawn, the white-bearded, thorny old goat who ruled the Specters. The cross-eyed murderous lunatic on the silver throne, which probably had belonged to a noble of Fornost long ago, didn't answer, too busy cackling ; Drefous' entrance must have been the funniest thing he had the joyful privilege to witness since he woke up. Thrawnwas slapping his knees and nudging a trim and fit man who sat on a gilted chair next to him, wondering if he thought this had been rather amusing also; the man wore a dirty red cloak embroidered in thread-of-gold ; the Stranger's crimson hood shielded his features save for a mustache and goatee. The man, who must have been an a longtime friend of Kellan's who had shown up, had a pinned-up sleeve. The Man With No Name chuckled. Who are you ? Drefous demanded sharply. Red Cloak grinned. </font>
</font> Someone you know, he simply, cheerfully answered ; Drefous stiffened, that voice was familiar...but it belonged to a dead man !</font>
</font> The Stranger cast back his hood. Drefous seized his heart, mouth falling agape as he looked into cobalt eyes. Devan was not the only man he had ever admired. But....</font>
</font> Clive ? I thought you were dead !</font>
</font> Curly-haired Clive embraced Drefous one-armed and spoke hoarsely, tears rolling off his cheeks.</font>
</font> Half.</font>
</font>
</font>http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Others%20Ic&#111;ns/Clive5.jpg





























Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Asha'bellanar
22/Jan/2012, 12:02 AM
Elegost, Hérion the Falcon NPCs



Shadow Company's Camp

He
had never been more angry in his life, saddened and appalled, all at
once. Elegost's heart had fallen to his stomach, and the very thought of
Nionwen in the hands of ruffians made him sick to his pit. If such
occurrence had come to pass, the days he wandered aimlessly and alone;
Elegost would have surely been discouraged beyond hope. As the concern of his fellow
Rangers and their roused desire to reunite him with his mare became
clear to him, Elegost felt a thousand-pound weight come off his
shoulders, and his voice resonated with gratitude. "Thank you" replied Elegost, the fingers of his right
hand wrapped around Khallador's arm. He beheld the return of Adalmund's
own steed, and wanted more than ever to find his own. With indication
from Tolkus, Elegost nodded firmly, whistling commands to </font>Hérion</font>. The
falcon cried out in response and ceased to circle the camp. Talons
bared, </font>Hérion</font> plummeted towards the Shadow Company, turning all eyes to him and flying low, in direction of Fornost.</font>
</span>

</span>
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Jezebel.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Jihad.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Fikri.jpg</span>

</span>
</span>
Jezebel, Jihad, Fikri, and Nionwen NPCs</span>

Bandits
</span>

Within Fornost - Outside the Mountain Snakes's Hideout
</span>



The whinnying and bucking of a horse reached Jezebel's
ears, and the woman in black rose from the boulder she had sat on for
some time. She beheld her only true ally and protector, coming to her
with an unyielding mare (Nionwen). "I ask ya ta find food for my son" she remarked, "and you bring me a damn horse?!" Fikri said not a word, pulling the stubborn horse with the force of his arms. Nionwen's
hooves sunk and lifted the soil at her feet, as she attempted to escape
her abductor and return to the safety of her master. "Ma-Mama?" inquired Jihad, itching his dirty hair. "Shut up!" snapped Jezebel, seizing Fikri by his shoulders and shaking him viciously. Nionwen came up on her hind legs, trowing her front hooves towards the one-eyed villain. Jezebel scowled, drawing her blade in the blink of an eye and grazing the mare's right knee. Nionwen fell on her left side, as the blood of her right knee drizzled the ground. Jezebel smirked, raising a stolen elven longsword above her head, ready to decapitate the useless mare. "Mama no!" yelled Jihad, throwing himself upon Nionwen and looking to his merciless mother.

Jezebel
groaned, returning her blade to its Gondolin-crafted scabbard and
pulling her fatherless son off the horse. She turned and put her right
hand behind Fikir's hooded head, him close to whisper sternly in his ear. "Fix this... I'll be back" stated Jezebel, leaving Fikri
to clean up the mess and snatching an empty sack, making her way into a
gathering of tall shrubs. Hoping to find some berries and nuts, a poor
but sensible breakfast for Jihad. Once Jezebel was out of sight, Fikri took a deep breath, tearing a strip of his tan-colored clothing, wrapping it around the mare's knee. Jihad
ran the back of his right hand across his weeping eyes and whimpered,
the dirt on his hands only irritated his eyes and the burning sensation
was almost intolerable. Nevertheless, the boy watched as Fikri pushed the horse up to standing, and stroked its barrel. Jihad looked at Fikri curiously, putting a hand on Nionwen's chest. "Mama says ya don't talk 'cause ya can't" said the boy, addressing the scary-looking man, "she said it's 'cause they hurt ya. Other men.... cut yer tongue..." Fikri's eyes remained on Nionwen, and he did not respond.

Taking notice of Jihad's desire to mount the mare, Fikri lifted the boy up and placed him gently on the horse. Jihad was overjoyed, and caressed Nionwen by rubbing his filthy cheeks against her neck. Apprehensive Nionwen
looked back at the child, whose clothes had more holes than she can
count, and whose bare feet were chapped and clearly exposed to the
elements. Nionwen neighed, pacing gently around to the boy's delight. Waiting ever so eagerly, for the return of her master.


</span>
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Rolland.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Alexina.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Ryan.jpg http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Angie.jpghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/cl1cktak3ap1c/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Ic&#111;ns/Mo&#111;nshadow.jpg
</span>
</span>
Roland, Alexina, Ryan, Angie, Moonshadow NPCs</span>
Bandits - Hell's Fire
</span>
Within Fornost - Within the Mountain Snakes' Hideout
</span>

</span>
"I think I'm starting to like this place" smiled Roland, wrinkling his stubble with a broad grin. "It's grown on me luv" added Alexina, batting her eyes at her soul mate and playing with the sharp sides of her axe. "Oh please!" complained Ryan,
standing and looking around at the murderous men and women that claimed
half-fallen structures and crumbling towers for themselves. "Why the blazes did we have ta come here Roland?!" shouted Ryan, scolding his father, "do ya think this is funny, or are ya just stupid!?" Roland glared at his eldest. "Keep talkin' boy, and I won't just hit ya this time..." he warned Ryan, hands gripping the handle of his weapon. Ryan scoffed. "Any man who listens to a wench ain't gonna kill me..." Roland charged at his son, but was held back by Alexina. "He's just too bold for his own good luv, let him mouth off to them pesky Rangers, and see who's the real man" she said, kissing her lover's neck. Ryan showed his back to his parents. "I don't need ya" he mumbled, walking to a fraction of their gang gathered around a fire. "I'll kill 'em one day Ally, I'll kill 'em one day" continued Roland. "Just forget 'em luv" said Alexina, patting her husband's chest.

Little Angie</span> sat with her legs crossed on the ground, embracing her fox Moonshadow. Snuggling her only companion, she looked to her parents and brother. They didn't even notice her. Hungry and cold. It was like she didn't even exist. Tears moistened the paint around her eyes, and crimson color ran down her pale face. Moonshadow sniffled, wax crusted around his eyes and green snot welled in his nostrils. The fox's sickly body was squeezed by the girl, and he licked her face, to comfort her.
</span>







Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Tolkus
01/Feb/2012, 03:11 PM
Shadow Company</font>Halvorn and Dairen arrived back at camp and both asked what was going on. Tolkus gave them a quick run down of the situation, "Not sure if they are part ofthat band that attacked the other day but there are people down in the ruins. We are headed there with great caution." Then he thought a minute and spoke, "Halvorn, Dairen and Tarawen, follow the trail that Adalmunds horse has made and see if it leads anywhere or just back to where we are going." Tolkus gave Elegost a pat on the back and siad, "We'll get her back my friend don't you worry." He turned to Mariane and gave her an off putting look as an answer to her. Then he survayed they're situation. "Khall let Elegost ride with you. Mariane you with me. Adalmund youleadus to where you and Elegost arrived at the ruins." Tolkus placed Mariane on his horse and the jumped on behind her."Come, lead on." he siad to Adalmund. Tolkus the spoke softly to Mariane, "I am sorry for this but you are safer in fornt of me. Wouldn't want you to get thrown by something that would frighten my horse." he gave her a wink and smile. Tolkus gave the rains a jossle to get his horse moving and followed the other two horses.



Edited by: Tolkus

Adalmund
03/Feb/2012, 04:42 PM
Shadow Company

"No beast can escape bandits unscathed!" Adalmund said in reply to Tolkus's question. "I do not believe that Erwin was ever taken away by them."

Soon Dairen and Halvorn rejoined the Company and Mariane awoke from her slumber. Adalmund was startled when Tolkus asked him to lead the way, but common sense told him that it was only natural. He nodded curtly and mounted Erwin. The stallion, knowing that they were returning to the place where he had faced danger, was unhappy and restlless. A pat and a few whispered words by his master, however, were enough to calm him down. Adalmund trudged on in the same general direction as Hérion the falcon, who had flown away a few minutes ago.

OOC:</font> Uselessly short, I know, but I'm feeling extremely uncreative atm. Btw can my name be added to the OP? I'm feeling miserably left out smileys/smiley13.gif</font>

Tarawen
04/Feb/2012, 05:02 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg
Tarawen</font>
Shadow Company</font>

"Good to see you, Dairen." Tara nodded grimly at her companion, glad of his speedy return in the present circumstances. When Halvorn returned to camp shortly thereafter, she sighed in relief. She wouldn't have to stay behind with the girl Mariane after all. Not that she was afraid of her--absolutely not. Tara still just felt so uncomfortable in her presence. The girl was concealing something from them, and doing a rather poor job of it at that. The fake sleeping wasn't convincing Tara--Mariane's breathing was too unsteady, her chest visibly rising and falling faster when Halvorn and Dairen had approached. She was observant enough to notice that.

As the girl rose and walked away from her back to the camp, Tara scowled at Mariane. "Lessay we get into the city, right ? No time like the present !" "Ugh," thought Tarawen. "The quicker we go into the city, the quicker you do something sneaky and evil."

Just then, Tolkus doled out new orders. The speedy arrival of Dairen and Halvorn had prompted a change of plans; no longer did she have to wait with Mariane, and for that she was glad. Being rid of the girl's company would allow Tara to focus on something other than her deep suspicions. It didn't do to dwell on suspicions, especially when there was nothing to be done about them until they were confirmed. She had a feeling that Mariane would soon justify her misgivings.

Tara gave a low, wavering whistle to summon Sirdal. The news of a horse gone missing worried her; she valued Sirdal's company more than most people's on most days, and couldn't imagine what she would do without him. He trotted to her, mane flying as he shook his head. It was clear that the horse was as restless as his rider. Tara mounted swiftly, looking to Dairen and Halvorn to see if they were ready. She checked her that her gear and weaponry were in place--bow, sword, sheath of arrows all on her person; her packs were secured to Sirdal's saddle, ready for action at the shortest notice. "Let's get moving," she said. Erwin's fresh tracks in the ground were easy enough to follow, though she couldn't guess what they would find at their source.

</font>



Edited by: Tarawen

Hallas C. Pehwarin
29/Feb/2012, 04:08 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The 'acting' leader of the Defenders now gathered the remainder of his fellow northern d</font>únedain. They including Beren Camlost, his granddaughter Emeralda, Jaena,</font></font></span>and lastly </font>Athess a kinswoman of the warrioress and healer Emora. With his deep bass voice did the 74-year old ranger give commands, "All right my fellow rangers ready yourselves for some action for we'll aid our fellow kin the Shadow Company." With that Thorondil quickly serviced his ancient N</font>úmenórean</font> </font>hand-and-half sword. Its finely wrought 3 foot and 3/4 quarter steel blade with its deep fuller and finely tapered end ringed as he ran a whet-stone to keep the edges sharp and serviced with a well oiled rag.

Once finished the veteran ranger resheathed it into his</font> wooden scabbard covered in black leather that now hung attached to his thick grey leather belt about his waist of his ranger attire. The hood of his dark grey woolen cloak was drawn up to guard his weathered yet fair face against the late fall early winter chill. Now Thorondil cast his keen and bright emerald eyes toward his people whom he was going to be leading deeper into the ruins of once mighty Fornost Erain....

OOC: To Aig and to all who are a part of the band known as the Defenders of Fornost ready yourselves for a journey into our once proud city. For we'll be facing against more bandits who seek to claim any treasure that remains hidden by the numerous ruins of many buildings. But we'll deny them the chance to seek for it for the treasure rightfully belongs to us and our noble Chieftain.</font>smileys/smiley11.gif
</font></font></span></font>

Beren Camlost
15/Mar/2012, 09:13 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/Ic&#111;ns/Mariane1.jpghttp://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6796/khalladoric&#111;n.gif</font>http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/bear-3.gif
</font>Defenders of Fornost and Shadow Company</font>The Norbury of Kings</font>
</font> Mariane forced a smile as Tolkus handled her ; she consented to be raised to the saddle of his horse, struggling not to grit her teeth. In her desperation, the dark-haired outlaw lass thought she could easily sway the Ranger but she had failed. She needed to return to the Phantoms but was unsure of how she could escape her captors well at the present. The Shadow Company ventured stoically inside the ruins of Fornost. The granite and marble buildings of the ancient city of the North Kingdom were beautifully and elegantly carved bedecked with ivy, what splendid edifices still remained ; it moved even stony-faced Khallador to see the crumbled majesty of such wondrous architecture strewn across the earth. A trampled rose, he observed quietly to Elegost who sat behind on horseback, silently weeping. When Aragorn comes into his inhertiance, predicted Khallador to nearby Tarawen as removed fingers off Farstrider's reins to rid tears from his green eyes, this place will be gloriously rebuilt, I reckon. If I'm still alive, I plan to move here if Jaena wants to.</font>
</font> Eventually the party came to the spot where Adalmund and Elegost had encamped nearby an imposing courtyard ; a cluster of elm and poplar trees lay northwards adjacent to a suburban area where two dozen homes rambled for yards in splendour. Six of them unihabitaled, blackened and broken. Hey ! came the echo'ing sound of Beren's jovial voice and Khallador groaned, watching his cousin appear out of a shadowy alley out of the western limits of the vincinity, arms extended to the sides as if he wanted to embrace the members of Shadow Company ; Thorondil was with him and Jaena, Emma and Athess : The Defenders of Fornost. Could you keep it down, Bear ? Khallador demanded sharply, grabbing his shoulder when he and the others came by. If you don't hush up, our enemies will know we're here ! Khallador explained, gesturing at Elegost and Adalmund. They discovered signs that we are not alone here and Elegost's steed was stolen. Beren compressed his lips, sliding his calloused palm over his coal-black hair. This is heavy, Camlost prophesied grimly to Jaena and Emeralda. I think we need to split up, Khallador supposed, turning to Tolkus.</font>
</font> You and Dairen, Halvorn and Elegost, Athess and I can follow Nion's passage ; it may lead us to the thieves and you could spy out their location if you don't confront them immediately. My cousins - Beren and Jaena - can accompany Emeralda and Tarawen, Adalmund and Thorondil can check the houses over there. He lifted his chin towards the domiciles in the distance. If our interlopers are looting in those homes and know of our presence in Deadman's Dike, it would be dangerous if we had those bandits attacking us from the rear ; we'll be journeying ahead, if we're pursued from the back, we might be entrapped between a gang of ruffians from the south and north. Beren grinned at Khallador who tried to stifle a smile. Sounds like a wise plan to me, Tolkus, Beren, impressed, deemed positively, approving of his relative's brilliant strategy. Khallador nodded firmly in thanks and looked at his companions to see if anyone else agreed. What about me, smart guy ? Marianequestioned tartly.</font>
</font> Beren wondered who she was and glanced at Tarawen ; he didn't fail to notice her scowl. I don't think Tolkus would like to lead you to your friends, Khallador responded in a smoldering voice ; like Tara and most of the others present Khallador didn't trust her and was determined to express his dissatisfaction with her dubious cover story baldly in front of everyone. I need to make water before going anywhere else with you lot ! She hissed. There's some bushes over there ; you're welcome to utilize their shelter for some privacy, Khallador snapped at her and motioned for Elegost to dismount so he could ride with Tolkus. I'm appointing you her watch-dog, cos, Khallador ordered Beren and he shoved a finger towards his face. She's your responsibility, he said icily and emptily threatened, and if she gets away, you'll be a permanent resident. He touched the hilt of his sword and Beren glanced at Jaena and Emma adoptinga 'Why me?' countenance as Khallador got underway with his team. Make it quick, lass, Beren commanded Mariane who got off Tolkus' saddle as his own team journeyed towards the residential next to the woods.</font>
</font>GM UPDATE</font>
</font>Tolkus is away right now but we still need to keep Deadman's Dike active</font>; we are close to the end of this installment per the gameplan that Sur and I have decided.</font>
</font>Dairen (Rian), Halvorn (Hallas) and Elegost (Sur), Athess (Hallas are you playing her ? Or would you like me to ?), and Khallador will be following Nion's trail in the direction where the bandit group Hell's Fire is located but Sur will be having you all face traps along the way which will prohibit your team from reaching the hide-out in time, the thieves will be gone by the time you all arrive.</font></span>
</font></span>Jaena (Alma) and Emeralda (Rillewen), Tarawen and Adalmund, and Thorondil will be investigating one of the houses nearby and will be engaged by a band of of ruffians led by my NPC Vani who is the wife of my character Clive ; they've joined forces with Kassi's Phantoms. Beren will be assaulted by Mariane and she'll get away ; Beren won't be able to go after her but he'll join the fray in the house where the chaos will be going on and will let them know what happened.</font></span>
</font></span>For now, everyone can RP their sight of the city and then, once your character is reunited with the other team and hearing Khallador, agree that the plan sounds good in character and begin to move. I'll be posting next as Vani for those investigating the house and Sur will be GM'ing the first trap for the other team.</font></span>
</font>







Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Rainelle Hérandil
25/Mar/2012, 09:43 AM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda

Emma walked cautiously forward, hand on her bow. Her other hand was held ready to either grab an arrow or her knife. She entered the house with caution, glancing left and right to see if anyone was there. She saw no one by the light of the early morning sunshine, so she proceeded to venture deeper into the run-down house, which had once been rather nice. She checked a few rooms, finding nothing. Soon she had investigated the whole of that floor, and considered whether she should check the cellar or the second floor next. She thought for a moment, then picked the cellar. She retraced her steps to where the stairs were, and started slowly down the steps.

She halfway wished she had a torch, but on the other hand if there were enemies down here, a torchlight might alert them to her approach. She walked softly, making hardly any noise as she descended the steps carefully, watching ahead of her to make sure that she was on her guard and alert. Ahead of her in the cellar, she could see lights and there was movement. Someone was in here.

She practically held her breath, but she wasn't close enough to see who it was yet. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and listened, and watched, standing still a few steps into the cellar. She could see the flicker of a flame in the center of the room, but she was puzzled when she didn't see anyone. She frowned, suspecting something was off. She suddenly got the sense that someone was behind her, and spun, drawing her knife quickly as she turned to see a bandit there behind her, though she wasn't sure how that happened. She didn't have time for her bow, and it was too close quarters even for her sword.

She whipped out her knife and blocked the attack as the bandit lunged at her. She knocked his blade aside, and he went past her a few steps, then turned and slashed at her. She ducked, but didn't see him bringing up a knife of his own, intending to stab her in the stomach. When she ducked, she took the stab to the shoulder instead, and a cry of pain escaped her lips. Wincing, she gritted her teeth and moved swiftly aside, making his sword miss as he tried to swipe at her neck.

She now had her back to the cellar, and the bandit seemed to be trying to force her backward. Perhaps he was trying to trap her in the corner or back her up against the wall. She tried to ignore the pain in her left shoulder and tried to fend him off and draw her sword at the same time. Catching some movement to her right in her peripheral vision, she saw that there were more bandits in the cellar besides the one she was fighting, and she was outnumbered and injured. This was not good, not at all.

"Help!"</font> She yelled, hoping perhaps some of the others would hear and come to her assistance. Though she wasn't sure if they would be able to hear her, since she was down in the cellar underground and all. "HEEELLP!"</font> She yelled as loud as she could, all the while ducking and blocking and retreating the best she could, growing more and more desperate and also angry at herself for walking into this ambush...</font>

(there... hopefully that's good. lol</font>)

Hallas C. Pehwarin
29/Mar/2012, 08:12 PM
Halvorn son of Halvergil

Ranger of the North, Shadow Company</font></font></font></font>

The 59-year old northern </font>dúnedain </font></font></font></font>now followed his fellow rangers as their band entered the outer ruins of their once great city Fornost Erain. As far as his keen and bright </font>blue-grey eyes could every building even ones that were relatively intact were covered with thick green vines and foliage. It was sight that he, Halvorn had seen many times when he'd guarded the city from looters and bandits.</font> Thus did Shadow Company continued</font> to move further into the ruins of the city tracking down two bandit parties that had been discovered by their band's friendly mascot </font>Hérion. The proud eagle was a close companion to Elegost and continued soar above the city shrieking his calls to tell his friends that he still saw their foes within the bounds of Fornost....
</font>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</font>
</font>
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The 74-year old veteran ranger now slowly advanced into the city with his fellow rangers. Namely his granddaughter Emeralda, Jaena, Tarawen, and Adalmund. All were cautious since Fornost was still decaying even after its loss to the dreaded Witch-King of Angmar but was regained. The city had taken severe damage during its battle and was covered with thick vegetation and plant growth. Thick green vines threaded through the crumbling streets and buildings. Everyone then fanned out to check nearby buildings to see if any bandits were near. Thorondil's emerald eyes lingered for a moment on his granddaughter as she entered a vine covered house. So did he moved onto the next house that was next to hers and began his own search. Dust was thick on the floor, walls and crumbling remains of decaying wood furniture.

Thorondil now turned his black and grey streaked haired head slowly from side to side allowing his eyes to survey the room and listing with his large jug handled ears for signs that anyone had been here. Nothing except his own booted footprints.So did the late middle aged ranger head down into the darkness of the lower basement only to slam into face first a pile of collapsed stonework! Muttering to himself his deep bass voice tinged with annoyance, "Well won't be going that way!" So did he head back up into the main level of the house taking a few steps to see that the stairwell that lead up to the second floor was also blocked by the outer wall caving in! A cloudy blue sky could be seen and so did Thorondil shake his head in sorry and left the crumbling building... Now he stood in the street again when he thought he heard a voice cry out for help!

It came again and the late middle aged ranger realized that the voice belonged to his granddaughter! In one fluid motion Thorondil had his right hand clenched around the hilt of his ranger hand-and half sword f resting still in the simple wooden scabbard covered in grey leather that now had a heavy weather stained look along with a smattering of dark mud. The well-honed bottle shaped pommel gleamed in the late morning sun as the veteran ranger took out a torch with his left hand for he'd wedge into his thick leather belt girthed about his lean waist and stomach.

The unlit torch's head was wet with oil and pulling out a match Thorondil lit it grasping it with his callused left hand heading into the adjacent house where his granddaughter chosen to search. Upon entering Thorondil unsheathed his well-honed ranger sword its 3-1/4 foot fullered steel blade gleamed faintly in the light of the torch held in his left as he descended down the staircase toward the cellar hearing the sounds of combat! Steeling himself Thorondil now kicked in the decaying wooden door with the heel of his left boot and shouted his deep bass voice firm and filled with authority, " Get away from her Brigand now and face the wrath of one of the d</font>ú</font>nedain!" The 74-year old ranger now aimed the point of his sword at the brigand as he slipped easily into a firm combat stance readying to cross blades with this foul wretch who'd attacked his granddaughter!

OOC: Sorry all RL has been a pain for me and I've been forced to take on more responsibilities for my father's company in addition to my courier duties.smileys/smiley13.gif I'll try and keep up as this RPG comes to a close but for now old Thorondil comes again to the rescue of his granddaughter!smileys/smiley4.gif</font>
</font>

Rian Eliowen
30/Mar/2012, 05:45 AM
Dairen - Outskirts of Fornost Erain

<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:D&#111;notPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-AU</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:D&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:D&#111;ntFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="&amp;#45;-"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!--><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Dairen </span>[/b]was
not sure what they were going to find as he (along with <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Halvorn[/b], <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Elegost[/b] and <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Khallador[/b]) began to follow Nion’s trail
through the outskirts of a once great city known as Fornost Erain </span></span>– now a
wilderness of ruins covered in vines and scrub. </span>. As the ground was littered with rubble and many
concealed holes which made riding dangerous, he led his horse rather than ride –
as they weren’t travelling that fast anyway at present. It seemed as if various
bandits and looters had made this place their home over the past years – and now
the Shadow Company intended to flush them out and reclaim what once belonged to
their forebears. <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Elegost’s[/b] faithful hawk
,Herion, could be seen from time to time circling in the air high above them. <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal">Dairen[/b] wondered where Thorondil’s group were right now and if they had found
anything suspicious yet. His instincts had been on high alert since the events
of the night before – and he was sure that there was trouble brewing although
just at present there was nothing to see.</span></span> </span>

Oro
31/Mar/2012, 04:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Orodruin/orcbanditavabordered-1.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Orodruin/SpectreAvaBordered.png<b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh and Spectre[/b]Bandits - Hell's Fire
</span>Within Fornost - Within the Mountain Snakes' Hideout</span>
</span>Spectre had never been good with people. Really the only being in the entire world he got along with well was</font><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh[/b], but that was because</span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh[/b]spoke even less than Spectre. And that was not alot. </span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Spectre [/b]sat against the wall, his fingers messing with the cloth bandages he wrapped about his arms and legs for protection from minor scuffs and bruises. He looked up at the brutish orc and saw that</span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh [/b]was looking directly back into his eyes. Turning his head he spoke, "Seems like a good day for a fight, dont it pal?" The orc grunted, turning to his pack and pulling a small crossbow from within its depths and began to clean and maintain the weapon. </span>
</span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh[/b]was a work of art, or at least Spectre felt so. The tall and powerfully built orc was not only quite intelligent, but also had an enormous amount of self control for those of his species. He made an excellent and loyal companion, and even since their older days had never once made a mistake in anything he had done. He was nearly six and a half feet tall and extremely broad at the shoulders. He wore a suit of leather armor, donning a navy blue cloak to cover it all, except the imposing spiked pauldrons upon his shoulders. When it came to weapons, the orc was a virtual armoury. He wore a shortsword on his left hip and a small quiver of ten bolts on his right thigh. Two long daggers sat in scabbards on his right hip, and three more sat in a holster across his chest for easy access. On his back he wore a battleaxe and warhammer, strapped side-by-side in leather holsters. The orc was imposing and that helped Spectre out alot. </span>
</span>On the other hand, Spectre himself was not that short. He was nearly six feet tall and built like an athlete, extremely athletic and muscular but not in a bulky way. He carried a pair of heavy short swords, each one curved slightly to assist in deflecting enemy blades, and with just enough weight to them to make the dangerous at slashing, not just stabbing. These, however, were his only weapons. He wore no armor and no other weapons, thinking that any other weight would just slow him down. Speed was his ally, and instead of armor he wore a leather harness to hold his blades in sheaths across his lower back, and white cloth bandages running down his arms. A sand colored cloak and leather backpack were pinned over his shoulders in such a way that both could be released very quickly in the case of combat arising. Finally he wore a pair of white pants that tucked into leather boots, that were old and cheap but had lasted with him a long time.</span>
</span>The last thing in each of these bandit's ensemble was a mask. In the case of the orc he wore a large metallic mask with metallic horns jutting up over his head, adding a fierceness to his already terrifying aura. To the human there was a plain white mask that resembled a skull that added an edgy, deadly aura to the already impressive Spectre. These masks were why the duo was called the Masked</span>Maraudersback in</span></font>
Rhûn</span>where they had been found by </span><b style="line-height: 12pt; ">Jezebel[/b]. The dynamic duo had made quite a name for themselves in Spectre's home country, until they had made enough enemies. In their search to make a quick getaway, they had found a young woman who spoke of lucrative bandit companies in Eriador, and they had</span>immediatelydecided to join her in her journey to Eriador to meet up with her cousin, one of these bandit company's leader. </span></font>
</span></font>Spectre leaned back against the wall, he had a bad feeling about this, but this was not his call. He had been left with Roland and the Hell's Fire gang in order to assist them while Jezebel and her companions had gone out to check something out. He cared little for what, all he knew was that a group of rangers was hunting them down and that was not what he and his orcish companion had signed up for. He wanted to make some money and then move on. But strength was in numbers, and staying with Hell's Fire was probably better for him and</span></font>
<b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh[/b]than leaving and attempting to run their games alone. So he sighed, closed his eyes and hoped to take a nap before the action began. Meanwhile</span></font>
<b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">Gûlghâsh[/b]sat in the corner, meticulously taking care of his equipment, silent and watchful. </span></font>
</span>
</span>

Asha'bellanar
01/Apr/2012, 06:03 AM
Orodhir - (</font>Will be posting for Roland and company in my next post </font>smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif)</font>

Elegost, Hérion the Falcon NPCs
Shadow Company's Camp

He didn't mind the orders he was given, and remained ever grateful for the slightest bit of consideration that was given to towards his mare. Elegost had lost another horse some months ago, to an adolescent horse thief of the Bree-lands. Her bronze eyes and fiery hair, still made him apprehensive of camping out in the fields alone at night even to this day. Very much like a child, quivering in bed, afraid of the dark and the fell beings that might emerge from the shadows. For no troll, crafty orc, or mighty bandit could compare, to the fear he had of that teenager. The very memory gave Elegost chills, and he shuddered behind Khallador, who was so nice as to let him ride with him.

When told to, Elegost dismounted, nodding gratefully to Khallador and looking to those he was to follow Nionwen's tracks with. Dairen and Halvorn. "We best get a move on then" he said, whistling to </font>Hérion</font>. The falcon cried out in response, soaring ahead of the group, tracking the stolen horse's hoof prints from above with the use of its keen eyes. "Let's go" continued Elegost, taking a deep inhale and taking one cautious step in front of the other. Nothing much happened in the minutes that followed, and even Elegost began to believe the tracks might lead them nowhere. Then suddenly, a shriek that could curdle milk rang out towards where Elegost, Dairen, and Halvorn walked. "There!" shouted Elegost, pointing towards the figure of a bird, his bird, plummeting to the earth at full speed. With something stuck to it. Elegost ran, hoping those with him would run too.

"Hérion!" he shouted, before coming to a halt with a scrape of his boots. A single curse escaped his lips, and the ranger fell back on his sitting muscle, to the ground. "Oh, my...." said Elegost in a low voice, rising to standing. </font>Hérion</font> lay wounded, a blackened arrow through his left wing, surrounded by countless metal bear traps scattered all around. Side by side, ready to snap shut on the foot of anything that stepped on them. The falcon cried out in terror, eyes popping out in agony. Squirming, pinned to the ground with the arrow of the wicked archer that had shot him...
</font>


Selene, Jezebel NPCs</span>



Bandits
</span>



The morning had brought no better fortune for the bandit (who of all people!), Selene. Over two decades of terrorizing the defenders of the ruins with the Mountain Snakes, had given her no better understanding of their layout it seemed. For the murderess was no more "out" of Fornost now, than she had been hours ago. Selene clenched her teeth, kicking shrubs and stones she had seen time and time again. Going in circles had tried her patience, and it seemed the situation could not get any worse... she was wrong. At that very moment, Jezebel picked her son's next meal with the tips of her fingernails. She muttered angrily to herself, torn between the love and hate she had towards her fatherless son Jihad. Selene sprinted her direction unintentionally, looking back as if to make sure rangers were not on her tail. Jezebel whirled, colliding with Selene.

Both women groaned, hands to their noses with the sting of the sudden impact. Selene was first to recognize the familiar face, and instinctively pivot another direction. "YOU!" yelled Jezebel, dropping the sack of nuts and berries, tackling Selene to the ground, and unsheathing her knife before Selene could even holler. "Is this any way to greet your cousin Jez?" inquired Selene, as Jezebel pressed the tip of her blade against her neck. "Perhaps not Sel" replied Jezebel with smirk, "but I do enjoy it, that I do" Selene grunted beneath the weight of the one-eyed woman, unable to move and struggling to breathe. "W-what, do you want?!" she asked. "I've come back home" proclaimed Jezebel, "but that's none of you're concern Sel. Where is your father, and my brothers? If they are not with you then where are they?"

Selene scoffed, biting her lower lip. "Why don't you ask the rangers that killed them?" she smiled, before chuckling. "LIES!!" hissed Jezebel, face flushing a shade of bright red and her visible eye igniting in rage. "Now I'm only going to ask one more time, or so help me I will cut your viper neck RIGHT HERE! Where are Jiesuh</span> and </span>Jasper? Tell, me, NOW!!!"</span>





Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Beren Camlost
03/Apr/2012, 03:40 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/Ic&#111;ns/Mariane1.jpg</font>http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/bear-3.gifhttp://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Others%20Ic&#111;ns%202/1Vani3.jpgDefenders of Fornost</font>Beren, Mariane, and Vani - Residential Area</font>
Make it quick, please,BerenorderedMariane, gesturing at the bush. She dashed behind it and removed the stiletto concealed within her sleeve. She looked to the north, judging how fast she could run from here to the forest ; she would slip inside the woods and make her way back tothe Phantoms.I'll have to kill him,Marianethought grimly ofBeren. She didn't want to murder him, the brawny man was affable, but he'd just hunt her down if she escaped ; he seemed very faithful to his friends, whichMarianecould respect.I know what you're doing and it isn't going to work,Berenclearly stated, realizing that by now she would have been finished. Biting her lip, knowing that her cover was blown and had been bogus from the start, Mariane side-stepped into view with the stiletto held loosely in her slim pale fingers.Berensighed.It doesn't have to be this way, you know,Berensoftly spoke andMarianewas touched ;any of the other Rangers would have rushed to dispatch her instantly. Either he was really stupid or he had a heart of gold. Maybe both.</font></font>
</font></font> There's still time to make a change,Berentried to persuade,no one knows what's happening right now except for you and I.Marianepushed her dark hair back, saying quietly and resigned,It's too late for me.Berenshook his head, disagreeing firmly.You're still young ; you can start over. We can take you to Bree. You're a lousy actress -he laugheddryly- so the Sparrow Theatre may not be your best bet, girl, but you can apprentice yourself at one of the shops ; maybe, in time, you could even own one or if you really want to get rich, we'll bring you to the Misty Mountains and you can go prospecting with one of the mining camps there.Marianelaughed and smiled at him. You're such a dreamer. I'm a woman.Berenshrugged, asking,So ?simply. She looked at him fondly.If I wasn't a fool, you and I could have been good friends,Marianesaid knowingly, looking into his eyes.Beren, crestfallen, reached for his elvish sword.So that's it then, I take it ? Mariane's answer was to run. Quickly. Pitying her, Beren changed his mind, going for his boomerang. It was a curious wooden device he learned to fashion during an adventure in Dark Land a few years back ; the natives of the forested continent used the curved flying tool for hunting and battle to injure game or an opponent. Some boomerangs, like this one he had, usually returned to its thrower once after striking its target.</font></font>
</font></font> Since Camlost's right hand was his dominant Beren used that one to remove the boomerang out its designed holster within his black duster-coat and faced into the wind standing sideways with feet evenly spaced apart once he launched his left foot forward so as to point in the direction of flight. Holding the right wing tip flat side down, Beren applied the thumb on top and two fingers below as he cocked the boomerang back to ensure a fine spin ; stepping forward at once, Beren followed through with his right arm and leg as he let fly the bent wood with a whip-like flick in an overhand send-off like he would a spear. The boomerang, whirling counter-clockwise, sailed through the air with elegant but inexorable speed, inevitably striking the running Mariane. The hurled boomerang pelted the back of her head and she cried, collapsing to the earth. Camlost bolted, smoothly catching the returning weapon in its flight back to him in mid-stride. Mariane, moaning, tears welling in her blue-gray eyes, gingerly cradled the back of her skull simultaneously fumbling for the fallen stiletto.</font></font>
</font></font> Beren, arriving just before Mariane's fingers could caress the thin hilt of the fine dagger, kicked the weapon out of her reach. Ignoring the pain, frantic to escape, yowling Marine tossed herself at Beren, swiping her hand to scratch her face. Camlost caught her wrist and broke it ; Mariane screamed - and Beren stiffened as something sharp smote the back of his right leg, dropping him to the ground. Beren and Mariane whirled ; she gasped and Beren, flicking his gaze from the throwing dart that had brought him down to the villain in the distance, stared in wide-eyed shock. A beautiful brown-haired woman with cold tilted violet eyes stood on a mound of rubble near the woods ; the buxom maiden wore tight, clinging leather trousers and a cotton shirt beneath a fleece-lined vest. Marring the femme fatale's otherwise fair countenance was a </font>ragged scar, coursing from just below the eye across her face, through her full red lips and to the opposite side of her chin, something that startled Beren because the last time he had seen her, when she almost stabbed him dead in the North-South Road in Westfold, it had not been there.</span></span></font>
</span></font> The murderess was a dagger-thrower and </span></font>an archer but hadn't shot or knifed him dead.Beren. Hello, sugar, spoke Vani with a lusty wink ; her voice was still musical and vibrant. Mariane picked up her stiletto with her good hand and hurried to Vani ; the bandit baroness gently held her one-armed, still clutching her recurve bow in her other hand, not taking her hateful stare off astonished, slack-jawed Camlost. From one of the houses he heard Thorondil threatening an unseen foe. I could have killed you but, alas, it would have been too easy, sweetheart. I'll be going now, handsome ; watch your back next time, I might not be feeling so merciful when we meet again.Both criminals vanished into the woods.</font></span>
</font></span>*</font></span>http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/Ic&#111;ns/Mariane1.jpghttp://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Others%20Ic&#111;ns%202/1Vani3.jpgMariane and Vani - The Woods</font>
</font></span> What happened to you, Vani ? Mariane sorrowfully asked her friend as they journeyed through the tangled forest. Vani and her husband, Clive, had been prominent leaders in the Phantoms before they decided to party ways so they could make their band. Clive and I were attacked in the Misty Mountains, Vani explained ruefully, swatting a low-hanging branch of a softwood tree out of her way. Actually, we tried to kill some Elves and Rangers who stumbled into our hide-out but a lot of our gang were killed and an she-elf wench gave me this pretty present. She angrily gestured at the terrible scar that had sullied the pulchritude of her features. It's a shame her mother didn't drown her at birth. Anyways, Clive and I escaped the Hithaeglir, just in case Mordagniror that Strider fella sent anyone to flush us out. Some of our lieutenants are still left but Logan, inspired by our pioneer spirit - she laughed dryly - decided to split from us to make his host. The Greycloaks.</font></span>
</font></span> Last I heard from the underground, Logan and his men are not only robbing but committing atrocities when they steal ; like putting children to the sword. Mariane gasped ; not even she'd do that ! Clive and I decided that we'd join forces with any old friends who were hanging out here. Vani smiled at Mariane. This place is sort of a melting pot, you know, she reminded with a giggle and Mariane kissed her cheek, thankful they were reunited at last. So you're back with Kellan now ? There was a commotion in one of the houses back there. Vani nodded. That was a team of mine and I was checking up on them to see if they stole anything good but decided to beat it when I saw you fighting with my old pal Bear. Had to help you out, dear. Let's pause her here. She came to a stop. I need to set the bone back into place, and make a splint ; there's plenty of wood here.</font></span></font></span>
</font>







Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Tarawen
03/Apr/2012, 10:37 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg</font>
Tarawen</font>
Shadow Company</font>

They had come upon the remnants of a town suddenly and silently. None among their company had much to say as they entered the drear remains and Tara wasn't one for breaking the silence unnecessarily. She had taken up with Emerelda of the Defenders, Beren and Khall's cousin Jaena, an older ranger by the name of Thorondil, and Adalmund for this latest part of their foray into Fornost. Despite their number, they went quietly and stealthily to avoid unwanted attention as they went in to investigate.

When Emma went into a house, Tara followed Thorondil in his progress into another building and out of it. She trusted that Emma would be careful in her investigations and not get into too much trouble. Almost immediately after this thought crossed her mind, Tarawen and Thorondil stiffened at the sound of cries for help emanating from the building into which Emma had gone. Tara swore loudly, sprinting from the house she and Thorondil had been looking into to come to the other woman's aid.

"I'll stand guard," she called as Thorondil raced toward the stairs leading to the basement--she had discerned they were family and knew Thorondil would go to great lengths to protect Emma. Another, more cynical part of her mind realized that this would be a perfect trap for the bandits to set--sandwiching the rangers between two foes. So Tara stood her ground in the ground level's main room, scanning the street from the shadows of a corner for signs of more bandits. The sounds of a scuffle and the deep tones of Thorondil's voice reached her but Tara trusted him to call for help if they needed it.

She loosed an arrow from her quiver, loading her bow to prevent off any close-range combat. Small motes of dust floated lazily in the sunlight that streamed through the house's windows. Suddenly she was arrested not by the peaceful particles but by a struggle occurring outside the dirty glass: blurred figures falling, crying out, and a softly threatening voice fading into the distance. Giving a glance toward the stairs, Tara rushed to the front door to investigate the commotion further. What she saw she had not expected: a prone Beren Camlost with a dart sticking out of his leg while Mariane fled with a raven-haired woman. Tara snarled in frustration as she realized they were out of range of her bow. How she would have liked to take out Mariane with one arrow to the back of the neck! Her loathing for the duplicitous girl boiled within her. Before she could give chase, however, she recalled that Beren was at her feet, injured and possibly poisoned.

"Oh Camlost, what happened?" she asked, offering him a hand and then supporting his weight with his arm across her shoulders. "There's a battle in this house. We'd better find a quieter space to take a look at that leg." She made for a deserted shack whose windows were long broken, its door flat on the ground in front of it. There were no signs of life in or near it--no footprints, no fire, no scratches in the dirt floor. She eased Beren down in a corner, keeping him out of sight of the door and windows to conceal him from any remaining bandits. "Lie down," she ordered firmly, motioning him to settle on his stomach. She propped his leg up with a stone she found just outside the door, wrapping it in a spare shirt she had carried with her to make it more comfortable for him.

Tara bent down to examine the dart and the bleeding puncture wound in his right leg, grimacing as she removed the weapon and saw a surge in blood. She tossed the dart aside, making a mental note to bury it somewhere so the scar-faced woman wouldn't find it or use it again. She let Beren's leg bleed momentarily to clean out the area a bit, then wiped up the blood with a strip of cloth from her pack and water from her waterskin, To prevent contact with the dirt and grime that seemed omnipresent in Fornost, she wrapped his leg with another strip of cloth.

"Now tell me, since I didn't really give you a chance as we went. What happened? And can I reserve the right to hit Mariane in the face the next time we see her? By hand or with an arrow will do just fine." She grinned and motioned for him to sit up, offering him some water and fetching the dart to cover it with earth.</font>

Rainelle Hérandil
14/Apr/2012, 01:18 AM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda

Emma ducked as the bandit swiped his sword at her neck, and the blade sliced through the air just inches above her. She thrust her own blade toward his abdomen, but he blocked with his other hand, which held the dagger he'd used to injure her earlier. She felt a kick to her stomach and stumbled backward, wincing as the air was forced from her lungs. As she was struggling to get some air back in her lungs, she saw the door burst open, kicked in with much strength. The bandit with whom she was fighting was startled, spinning around. Before he had a chance to come at her again, he found Thorondil's sword pointed at him. Emma was glad to see any backup come to her rescue, but especially her grandfather.

Just as she was raising her sword again, figuring they could trap the bandit between their two swords, she felt someone else grab her from behind, and she remembered that she'd seen other bandits approaching from the shadows.</font> </font>She </font>stiffened with a soft gasp of surprise</font>, one of the strong arms gripped around her waist and the other pressed a blade to her throat, and the bandit dragged her backward out of Thorondil's reach.

The first bandit stood between them, ready to fight, and grinned a little. "Get out of here now, or she dies."</font> He said smugly, confident that the ranger couldn't get past him before his partner had time to slit the girl's throat.

Emma's eyes widened as her hands instinctively went to pull away the knife, stopping halfway. She froze just for a few seconds, her heart racing and panic threatening to flood over her. Then, looking up into Thorondil's eyes, she felt anger fill her. Bandits had killed her father, and bandits had nearly killed Khallador, which was how she met him; saving him from a whole group of bandits who were about to kill him. Bandits were not going to kill her now. Her green eyes blazed with anger and determination.

She switched into fighting mode </font>just as quickly as she had frozen</font>, and she went into action. She quickly stomped her left foot down on his foot, as hard as she could in her sturdy leather boots. Then, almost at the same time, she brought her right elbow back into his gut, hard. The motion of elbowing him with her right elbow, she knew, would pull her throat away from the knife’s blade just a little, rather than into it.

The bandit grunted as the girl's foot came down hard on his own left foot. Of course she would try that; how had he forgotten? Even if he restrained her arms, her legs were still a danger to him. But not for long. When she stomped on his foot, he staggered, bending over slightly to his left so that her elbow hit him right in the center of his gut. He gasped, his grip momentarily loosening, before he could manage to take a deep breath and re-secure his grip on her, pressing the knife to her throat still.

Emma felt his grip loosen slightly, and took advantage of the opportunity squirm and try to escape, but she had to be careful because of the knife at her throat. Her thoughts were racing along with her heart, and she was trying frantically to think of a plan. After a second, she thought of something, and hoped it would work. Quickly, she reached up with her left hand and grabbed for the handle of his knife above where he was gripping it, and twisted her head down a little and clamped her teeth around his wrist, biting down as hard as she could and hoping it would force him to release her, at least enough for her to get out of his grip. She thought perhaps if he did loosen his grip on it, she might manage to take the knife away from him, too. She tasted blood and bit down harder, while gripping her own knife tightly in her right hand and digging her fingernails into his wrist with her other hand. She turned her knife around in her right hand so the blade was pointed backward instead of forward, and attempted to stab at his side, where his ribs were, on his right side, hoping that this would force him to let go of her.

(OOC: i had to stop because it was getting a bit too long... and i thought i'd give someone else like Thorondil a chance to respond and react and all that, lol</font>)
</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
15/Apr/2012, 12:24 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

</font>The 74-year old dúnedain now stopped his emerald eyes blazing with anger as the bandit spoke,</font>"Get out of here now, or she dies."</font> Thorondil shook his black and grey haired head slowly, "No"</font></font>and spoke the single word a moment later</font>. That was all it took for his granddaughter Emma</font> attempt her escape from her other bandit captor!</font> Thorondil leapt forward sword high aiming a feint toward the brigand's left leg before uppercutting toward his right arm slicing through his hand! Blood flowed from the stump as the brigand howled screaming,</font> "Die Rangers</font>!"</font> Now Thorondil pressed forward pushing the grievously injured man out of his path as he prepared to deal with the remaining brigand and bandit!</font> Who now fell back away from both rangers still holding the latter with the knife still pressed against her throat. The brigand's bladder let go urine staining his dark legging!</font> The brigand now lowered his weapon head and shoved Emma toward Thorondil preparing to flee! The situation was hopeless and now did</font> brigand cry out in despair, "Please let me live and I'll never attack your people again</font>!"

OOC: Short I know but it keeps the action and excitement going for the time being!</font>smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif









Edited by: Hallas C. Pehwarin

Tolkus
16/Apr/2012, 02:21 PM
Shadow Company</font></font>Tolkus heard the cry of the falcon then saw it fall from the sky and marked well where it went down. He knew seeing this would be almost too much for Elegost to bear. Quickly he spured his horse on to the site. When they had arrived Tolkus quickly dismounted and held the other s at bay. "Hold and do not move." he commanded, then pointed out the many bear traps that layed in the way. "Stay in your saddels and let me remove the traps" Tolkus said. He gently went to the one in front of him and slowly disarmed it. Turning to his left he disarmed the next one a little quicker and then the right was just as quick. He then said, "They are simple traps, but that makes them the more dangerious. If one should snap close it could cause all the other s to do so as well. The cain reaction could cause a trap to snap on the falcon" Seeing that the falcon was in the middle of many traps Tolkus took as much time a care as he dared tring not to set the others off and get to the bird as quickly as possible. Leaving many traps still set, Tolkus reached the falcon and gently wraped it in his cloak. He gengerly stept back to the others and gave the bird Elegost and siad, "I'm sorry my friend I know nothing of birds. Is his wound bad can he be mended? Can anyone help?" Tolkus looked to eveyone there and waited. </font>

Rian Eliowen
18/Apr/2012, 04:20 AM
Shadow Company - Dairen
Dairen had learned basic human and animal first aid many years ago and had splinted a hunting falcon's broken wing in the past - so he now offered to take over the care of the injured bird as no-one else had spoken up and time was pressing. He, like the others, was impressed by the way that Tolkus had so quickly removedthe dangerous bear traps and gone to the rescue of the stricken bird.

Dairenquickly tied up his horse o a nearby tree and taking the bird from Tolkus, he wrapped it gently in a fold of soft cloth from his saddle bag where he kept some first aid supplies and bandages. Dairen asked Elegost to come and help him, knowing that the ranger woiuld not be able to stay away from his hurt companion. "Herion will feel re-assured by your presence - so keep him calm while I remove the arrow and splint the wing" he said. He told Tolkusand the others that they would catch up to them as soon as the injured bird was tended to. The falcon seemed to understand and to know not to struggle, despite being hurt and in pain.

As the arrow did not look to be poisoned, and was thin enough to saw through with his dagger, he quickly cut through the shaft and removed the arrow from the wound. There wasn't much he could do to clean the wound out here and they had to treat the injured falcon in a hurry. He unrolled a length of bandage, and starting </font>just inside the affected wing , wrapping it around the body of the bird incorporating the top of the opposite wing. He then tied the bandage </span>off ensuring that it was loose enough for the bird to breathe. A second strip of bandage was then connected to the first in the center of Herion's back, which ran the length of the body and down to the tail lying beneath the wing tips. He placed a third strip of bandage below the legs and above the vent, starting </span>this piece under the edge of the affected wing (as with the first strip) and wrapping it around Herion’s body and securing to the second </span>bandage strip. A final piece of material was then placed where the tips of the unclipped wings </span>met. Going around the wing tips and tail to offer a counter balance for the remaining splint Dairen knew that a sick bird needs extra warmth </span>so he suggested that Elegost carry the injured bird in a sling, inside his shirt to keep it warm. This might make riding and fighting difficult but it was the best he could think of in the circumstances. The falcon, like themselves should they become injured, would have to take it's chances in the field. </font>
"Herion may need some water soon - but we had better catch up to the others - there is mischief in the air" he said to Elegost.
Heuntied his</font>horse - getting ready to lead it on to follow the rest of the shadow company.
</font><a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRGibs&#111;n%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cms ohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">
</font>
</a>

Edited by: Rian Eliowen

Eafurth
08/May/2012, 03:29 AM
GederasClose behind Shadow Company.
Gederas patted Haudegen. They had ridden hard and fast, and Haudegen was tired. The jet black sheen of the horse perfectly matched the attire of his master, who wore a black cloak and hood, as well as boots; underneath his garments, as all his friends knew, was a full hauberk of Dwarven-made mail which he removed only to bathe. The foam at the horse's mouth showed that he needed a rest, but Gederas knew that they were close. The tracks showed so.
Gederas was traveling North on the Greenway after a journey to Dale when word reached him of the mission to Fornost, the Ancient Seat of the Kings of Arnor. Emora had ordered Gederas to follow the expedition, and he had caught on to the Shadow Company's tracks first. He did not know how long they had been on the march, but he had set out within an hour of hearing.
Gederas scanned the horizon. The dark scar from his ear to his neck, which had earned him the obvious nickname of Scarneck in Bree, was darker than usual because of the amount of activity he had been doing in order to catch up.
Seeing a falcon in the sky, Gederas immediately stopped all else and intently watched it. The 48 year old Dúnedain was puzzled.What is a falcon doing way out here? It is no wild bird! Wait...I seem to remember that some of the Dúnedain used falcons....I must be close!
As he mounted Haudegen he saw it plummet to the ground. Knowing something was wrong he loosened Timrol in it's sheath and rode forward.
Not very far ahead he saw a man untying a horse from a tree, and made for him saying "Hail, hail there! It is Gederas Swythe!"

Asha'bellanar
18/May/2012, 05:47 AM
“These violent delights have violent ends</font>
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder”
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet</font>

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Jezebel2.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Jihad2.jpgSelene, </span>Jezebel, Jihad, and Fikri NPCs</span>

Bandits - Fornost
</span>




Selene smiled only, enjoying the torment that had overcome her cousin with the mention of her deceased brothers. Jezebel
scowled with her black brows pulled down deeply, enraged. Her brothers
were dead, and though certainly it was the rangers who had slain them,
who but Selene could have led them to their end? "You, VIPER!" Jezebel's netted gloves scraped against Selene's
face left and right, the last of the Mountain Snakes cursed as the long
nails of her kin grazed her cheeks, bringing out her scarlet blood as
she was slapped viciously by Jezebel. Raising her seax with markings that boasted Rhûn make, Jezebel aimed for Selene's very heart and descended it swiftly. Yet before the tip of her bladed weapon even touched the cloth of Selene's clothing, Jezebel's dark eye widened and she rolled them both away behind a tree. "Gonna play with me first before ya kill me?" scoffed Selene, with teeth coated in her own blood. Jezebel uttered not a single word in response, bashing Selene's head against the trunk of the tree, and allowing her to slide to the ground limp and unconscious.



Striding cautiously into the woods where she had heard a thunder of footsteps with her keen senses, Jezebel beheld a woman with a marred face (Vani) and another much younger who she recognized from years before (Mariane) at a distance. Both women conversed casually it seemed, and Jezebel found
this as an opportunity to introduce herself. Sprinting suddenly from
behind a cluster of trees, the vixen with a patch over one eye directed
herself towards the one with the scar (Vani). Jezebel
pushed off her feet, evading the murderess's dagger and projectiles.
Holding her seax to her throat and flashing a wicked smile at the
younger one before both of them could blink twice. "You gave yourself a mile away" hissed Jezebel,
with the woman locked in her grasp. Whistling through her teeth, twelve
members of Hell's Fire emerged with clubs, chains, bows, and swords. Fikri, the silent body guard of Jezebel and her bastard son Jihad also came forth. With two men now holding Mariane down, Jezebel spoke once again. "Oh my oh my" she sang, "this
is certainly my day for, old reunions. So nice to see you again Mariane,
former member of the Mountain Snakes. Selene is here as well child. And I'm sure that
when she awakes... she will very happy to see the one who betrayed her
years ago again"



Fikri came to Jezebel's side, awaiting her orders. "Let us fetch the other one and return to Roland. I'm sure he'll be very interested to hear we're not alone in the ruins" she said to them all, shoving the woman over to two other men and beginning the march to the former Mountain Snake hideout, which was just ahead of an old courtyard. "I see you got that dratted bird I saw earlier" smirked Jezebel to Fikri, nodding approvingly. "We're
being followed as well it seems. Send off one of your special
arrows, the fire and pit will keep whoever it is distracted long enough
for us to reunite with Hell's Fire..." In a second's time, Fikri raised his bow and sent an ignited arrow flying in a precise direction.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Hri&#111;n3.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Elegost3-1.jpg
Elegost, Hérion the Falcon NPCs
Shadow Company - Fornost

"For goodness sake!" exclaimed Elegost, angry and frustrated, as he witnessed the agony coming from his pierced feathered companion (</font>Hérion</font>) who was pinned helplessly to the ground. "They'll pay, they'll all pay" he muttered to himself, pressing a clenched fist with protruding veins to his mouth, as he watched Tolkus - who had so conveniently arrived - remove one bear trap after another. His heart broke, as the whimpering falcon with eyes half-shut was wrapped gently and handed to Dairen for healing. "You stupid bird, why did you have to fly so far ahead?!" chided Elegost, snapping at his falcon from the hurt he felt. </font></font>Hérion</font> did not respond or move so much as a feather, overwhelmed with pain and suppressing it within, silently and strongly. Elegost nodded in agreement to Dairen's instructions to stay close, and he stroked </font></font>Hérion</font>'s neck and small face for the moments to come. Bandaged and taken care of, Elegost rocked the falcon in his arms softly with a calm countenance. "I can't thank you enough friend" he said to Dairen, eternally grateful and nodding once more as he cradled </font></font>Hérion</font> in one arm. He unstrapped a leather quiver from his belt, empty with no arrows. It was a spare he kept on his person at all times, ever since the day a troll had slashed at the quiver slung on his back, and sent his feathered arrows falling through the tear.

Elegost pivoted instinctively with a mild gasp, thinking for a moment it was a bandit with unusually polite manners. "Greetings" he greeted the ranger (Gederas) in a fist-to-heart salute and relieved, "you have come at a most dire time" Allowing the others to welcome the new man in their presence, Elegost strapped the quiver across his chest and gingerly slipped </font></font>Hérion</font> within. "I'll look after you" he whispered, caressing the bird's face with his fingers, "you've alerted us of danger ahead, now we will do the rest" </font></font>Hérion</font> purred, sinking himself into the quiver comfortably and closing his eyes to sleep. "Do you smell something burning?" asked Elegost to the others, when the faint smell of smoke had reached him. Suddenly traveling to his ears as well, the faint neighing of a young mare could be heard. Believing it to be Nionwen, perhaps being ignited by her fell captors, Elegost pleaded for those in his company to follow him to the source. Upon arrival, protestant coughing forced its way out of Elegost's mouth. The smoke had come simply from a bush set ablaze by an arrow similar to the one who had pierced </font></font>Hérion</font>. Using his cloak, Elegost suggested to those with him to help him put out the small fire. Stomping the ashes and charred diminutive leaves with the thick sole of his boots, Elegost wiped his cheeks free of soot and looked around.

"Why would someone do something this... simple?" he asked aloud, perplexed as he stepped back and suddenly hollered in utter shock. His feet had sunk into a deep ditch, that had cunningly been covered with a net of shrubs, foliage, and soil. So that any who stepped in that area, would stumble in and be stabbed with a spire of sharp-pointed stone at the very bottom. Elegost had indeed fallen in, unintentionally taking Dairen with him! "I've got you!" he shouted, holding on to a sturdy root that protruded from the wall of soil before him and one of Dairen's hands with the other. Looking to the others who had not fallen in, Elegost grunted despairingly as the root began to give away.
</font></font>
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Angie2.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Jezebel2.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Jihad2.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Ni&#111;nwen.jpgRoland, Alexina, Ryan, Angie, Moonshadow, and Nionwen NPCs</span>
Hell's Fire Bandits - Hideout Within Fornost
</span>


</span>
"I ask her to scout the area, and her body guard brings me a damn horse!" shouted Roland, a gruff and muscular boss bandit before socking the young mare (Nionwen) with his meaty fist. "Calm down luv, I'm sure we can use it for... somethin'" shrugged Alexina, the voluptuous lover of Roland and mother of his children (Ryan, Angie), armed with a long double-battleaxe. "Yeah, dinner" stated Ryan, the angsty young thief and murderer prone to sarcasm. Nionwen, equine companion of the ranger Elegost neighed from the impact of the bandit's strike against her barrel, becoming rather frightened with the young bandit's idea of them eating her. "Well I've had enough of that devil's charmer!" he ranted, pacing back and forth and ordering his subordinates to take th</span>e steed away from his sight before he cut it down to bits and fed them to his gang. "She's given us nothin' but trouble! And where the blazes is she now?!" he shouted, before the clamor of his returning scouts and those with them (Jezebel, and co.) entered the residential ruins. Strutting forward confidently, Jezebel flicked her head for the veteran bandit to get a load of what she managed to find.

"What's this?" he asked frankly, looking discontentedly at the women he had did not know. "That right there is my cuz, well, she's nappin' now, but not for long" disclosed Jezebel with a sly wink, "that other one is Mari, she's an old Snake. That one there... well, haven't gotten her name yet. She hasn't spoken much on the way. But I know you've got ways of getting information out" Roland turned and barked for the young bandit (Mariane) and unconscious one (Selene) to be taken away. Three strong bearded men and a woman with ratted hair fanned out like a lion's mane, members of Hell's Fire, dragged and chained both gals by their hands against the walls of an underground storeroom. In the torch-lit environment, the young women were placed on opposite sides, feet away from each other. Roland knelt to meet the woman (Vani) at her eye level, as his child-daughter Angie clutched her fox Moonshadow close to her and witnessed the interrogation from afar. "Who are ya? And where's the rest of yer huh?" he asked, his sharp gaze locked on her permanently-injured face.








Edited by: Sur Vanar Utírieste

Tolkus
21/May/2012, 02:39 AM
Shadow Company</font></font>After seening the reaction from Elegost, Tolkus shook his head and grined a half bit. Though he was quickly back on his guard when he heard something approaching. A greeting was called out and Tolkus relaxed his grip on his sword hilt. "Greetings Gederas, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Tolkus said in reply still keeping his hand close to his sword and giving the new comer the once over. </font>As he moved toward Gederasto greet him,Elegost asked about a smell of something buring. Stopping Tolkus could smell it too and looked around to try and pin point where it was coming from. Elegost's plea came quickly and Tolkus motion for him to lead on. Following fast they came to a bush burning. The group quickly put it out before it could become a real problem. And seeing the arrow that was not wholely consumed by the fire Tolkus picked it up and showed it to the others but before he could say anything there was a creek and a sudden whoose sound as Elegost and Dairen disappeared. Tolkus dove for the open hole and grabed Elegost by the arm that was holding the root. "I got you!" he shouted, "But I can't pull you up." Tolkus then called to the group, "Someone help and grab me so I don't go over making this worse." He looked down to Elegost and asked, "Can you lift Dairen? I got you well enough you wont fall." Tolkus then said, "Someone grab his other arm and help him lift Dairen if you can." At the moment there wasn't much else he could do but hold on to Elegost's arm.

Rian Eliowen
21/May/2012, 05:58 AM
<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRGibs&#111;n%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cms ohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" target="_blank"><!--if gte mso 9>



<!--></a><a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRGibs&#111;n%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cms ohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank"><!--if gte mso 9>

Normal
0




false
false
false

EN-AU
X-NONE
X-NONE
























<!--><!--if gte mso 9>











































































































































<!-->

<!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!--></a>Shadow Company



Dairen tried to put the sequence of recent events
together
in his stunned mind as he calmed his breathing, waiting to be rescued
from the
pit.

After the arrival of the ranger Gederas Swythe
there had
been a moment of confusion, and then Elegost (who seemed unsettled in
the
extreme since the theft of his horse and the wounding of Herion) had
suddenly
led them all off at speed – and they ended up at a burning bush. Leaving
their
horses they had rushed to put out the fire before it spread to the
surrounding trees. Dairen had been standing right next to Elegost as he
stomped
out some charred embers on the ground and the next thing he knew the
ground had
given way and he was falling – only saved from a grisly end by Elegost
grabbing
onto his hand. </span>As he danglied over empty
space, looking down fearfully at the sharpened stones below he was only
sure of
one thing - he most definitely did not wish to fall on to them. </span>

Dairen hardly dared to breathe in case Elegost lost
his grip
on the tree root that was all that stood between them and certain death. </span>When Tolkus called out that he had hold then
Dairen realised that it was now up to him to make a move – and quickly
before
their linked hands became too slippery.
</span>He concentrated on slowly bringing his other arm up and grabbing
hold of
Elegost’s boot (hoping that it was laced on to his friend’s foot tightly
enough.) </span>Despite the pain in his arms as
he hung on for dear life Dairen spared a thought for Elegost who must be
feeling as if he was being stretched in half.
</span>

Once he had two hands secured Dairen called out his
intention to climb higher, and he strained every muscle in his body
pulling his
body up until his head was level with Elegost’s knees. </span>“Don’t
kick me buddy” he tried to joke –
although his voice came out in a strangled whisper. Dairen knew he had
to climb
higher up Elegost’s body, hoping that Tolkus really did have a strong
hold from
above – otherwise both of them were going to end up lying broken on the
wickedly sharp stones below. </span>Forcing
that fearful thought from his mind, he carefully inched his way upwards
(trying
not to cause his friend too much discomfort) until he was almost level
with the
young ranger. He could now almost reach the hands that his anxious
companions
had extended from the safety of the firm ground.

“Has
anyone got a rope?” he called out. He didn’t think that he had the
strength to
pull himself any higher.</span>
Edited by: Rian Eliowen

Rainelle Hérandil
22/May/2012, 06:07 AM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda

Emma was relieved when the bandit released her. She checked the back of her skirt to make sure none of his mess got on her, then after the bandit had fled, she put one arm around her Grandfather, hugging him. "Thank you." </font>She said quietly. As the adrenalin began to wear off she felt weakened and a bit light headed, and she remembered the stab to her left shoulder. She let her left arm hang down by her side and looked down at the area. Her knife had pierced the bandit's side, and he left a trail of blood on the ground from it, going deeper in the cellar. She wondered if there was a tunnel of sorts, or perhaps another entrance. "We should get out of here.."</font> She suggested, fearing a second ambush.

She held tightly to the rail of the stairs and went back up to the main floor cautiously, struggling to keep her injury from making her appear weakened in any way. She made it out into the sunshine once more, staying in the dim main room for a moment, blinking as she let her eyes adjust to the bright light after coming from the dark cellar. She glanced back to see if Thorondil was coming, then ventured to the doorway and leaned against it for a moment, letting the door frame support most of her weight as she rested, her face pale from the loss of blood.

From there, she caught a glimpse of an injured person on the ground(Beren) inside one of the deserted shacks, being treated by another(Tara). She frowned, then realized it was Beren that was injured. She looked around to make sure there were no foes about, then hurried to where Beren and Tara were. "What happened?"</font> She asked worriedly. She noticed that Tara had bandaged the wound, and was glad that someone had been there who knew what they were doing and all. Ignoring her own bleeding shoulder, she knelt by Beren. "Are you ok? How do you feel?"</font> She asked, worried that his wound may have been poisoned. She caught sight of the dart before Tara had buried it.

She would have helped, but Tara seemed to have already taken care of treating his wound and bandaging it. "You probably should stay out of the fighting for now."</font> She advised Beren quietly. "You'd only put your life in danger."</font> She knew she should follow the same advice. She glanced at Tara, then back to Beren. "Perhaps we should go try to find the others in the woods to the north."</font> She suggested thoughtfully. She stood up, then wished she hadn't stood so fast as she felt lightheaded, as if her head were spinning around inside. She realized it was from losing so much blood and knew she needed to get her own injury tended to, but she felt like she should wait until they got someplace safer first. And make sure Beren was alright first, too.</font>

Hallas C. Pehwarin
22/May/2012, 09:25 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The late middle aged northern </font>dúnedain now was glad as the brigand had chosen to release his granddaughter Emeralda. But while still fearing them the brigand had wet himself, the smell of urine faint in the air of the disused cellar. The brigand now fled back into the darkness of the room where the was a short secret hallway that lead back up into another ruined section of Fornost Erain. Thorondil accepted the hug and glanced down at Emma's wounded shoulder seeing her blood still flowing staining her ranger attire. But she was strong willed who chose to press on heading up the stairs to the main floor of building. So did the veteran ranger follow his granddaughter up her words echoing in his thoughts as he reached the main floor heading outside into the rubble strewn street.

Now to find two of his kindred Tara and Beren who was laying down having been wounded! His fellow ranger was treating promptly to his injuries. But still now Thorondil turned his weathered face from side to side his keen emerald eyes now flicked carefully about their immediate surroundings. While hearing his granddaughter ask as to what had occurred. Then did his granddaughter offer some advice and ask if they should rejoin the rest of their small company.

Finally did Thorondil take a deep breath then spoke his deep bass voice tinged with concern, " Yes we'll regroup but first we will tend to our sustained injuries.""Granddaughter please come here so that I can tend to your wounded shoulder." Thorondil glanced about seeing a few loose stones that would serve as seats taking the first while undoing both of his two leather pouches that were attached to his belt. He withdrew some bandages, then some of the herbs known as Shepherd's Purse and Valerian. The 1st would stop any further bleeding and tend to the wound while the 2nd would aid in relieving any pain or anxiety that Emma was surely feeling.... Thorondil was glad to have carried a small stash of healing herbs that he was familiar with and now was ready to heal his granddaughter.

OOC: Helping out Tara since you've got your hands full with Beren's own nasty injury</font>.smileys/smiley11.gif
</font>

Rainelle Hérandil
23/May/2012, 04:38 AM
Defenders of Fornost</font>
Emeralda</font>
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/Moriannathegothicvampire/Other/Ic&#111;ns/emma.jpg

Emeralda put a hand to her bleeding shoulder, applying pressure to the wound. She slowly moved closer to where her grandfather had gone, and sat on one of the rocks across from Thorondil. She noticed the herbs he had in his hands, and shook her head slightly at the second herb. "No, no not valerian."</font> She said quietly. The shepherd's purse would work, she knew, to stop the bleeding, but valerian wasn't an herb that would be useful in this situation.

She didn't really want him treating her wound though anyway, considering the area where she was injured. That would mean having to let her grandfather see her bare shoulder, which was just a bit too awkward for her liking because it was just too close to her chest. "I can treat it... please?"</font> She said quietly, hoping he would understand why she didn't want him to treat her wound.

Emma reached for her medicine pouch with her good hand. If she needed any pain relief she would take poppy seeds, but she thought for right now it would be best if she stayed alert and awake. She thought it best to avoid taking poppy seeds as of yet because they would make her drowsy while stopping the pain. Though, she also considered that if Tara was done treating Beren, she might be able to help her.</font>

Eafurth
24/May/2012, 11:04 PM
Shadow Company
Gederas answered Tolkus:"Hello there! It's been a long ride to catch up to you! Emora sent me following your trail to assist, as I had not yet returned in time to make the trip with you."Gederasmade his horse fast as he spoke, but one of his saddlebags fell from Haudegen - he knew he the strap was worn. He picked it up and attempted to reattach it, all the while speaking to Tolkus.Just then the Ranger heard a call, and he followed after, carrying the bag, asTolkus ran to a small brush fire which Elegost had pointed out.After helping put it out, he looked intently at the arrow in Tolkus' hand. Just then, two of the Rangers disappeared as the ground beneath them collapsed. Heeding Tolkus' quick words, Gederas grabbed Elegost's other arm and attempted to lift him with Tolkus. Dairen slowly climbed up Elegost, trying to get a better grip. Just when he called out for a rope, Gederas' mind was thinking the same thing. Wait! My saddlebag! In the initial confusion, he had dropped it on the ground. While gripping Elegost with one arm, he strained for the saddlebag, and reaching it, opened it and grabbed the rope inside. He tossed one end it down to Dairen with his free hand. "Make it fast! Just relax, if you think too hard you will fall!"He held it tight as Dairen<b style="font-style: italic; "> [/b]grabbed the end with one hand, holding on for dear life with the other. It had never crossed Gederas' mind that perhaps this incident was foul play, but it suddenly flashed across his mind. And I just got here...OOC @ Dairen: I hope you're not mad - did I GM you too much? I'm pretty new to RPGs.</font>





Edited by: Eafurth

Hallas C. Pehwarin
26/May/2012, 03:14 AM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

Thorondil now looked up into his granddaughter Emma's eyes whose irises were like his own a rich emerald color. Her words were curt and soft as she declined his offer of the 2nd herb Valerian and that she could handle her own injury imploring a cordial 'please'. At that the veteran ranger then spoke his deep bass voice calm and respectful while at the same time restoring the herb Valerian back into his leather pouches. So to occupy his short respite did the Thorondil take out his short ash pipe from the 1st leather pouch attached to his sword belt, place a bit of Shire Pipe weed being Southern Star into the shallow bowl at the end and light up! Soon enough the aroma of the weed began to drift upward and away on the faint breeze that drifted through the once great city of Fornost Erain....
</font>

Beren Camlost
27/May/2012, 09:28 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/Ic&#111;ns/Mariane1.jpg</font>http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Others%20Ic&#111;ns%202/1Vani3.jpgMariane and Vani -</font>The Northern Woods</font>
</font> An Eyepatch Lady (Jezebel) suddenly appeared, coming toward Vani threateningly ; the marred bandit lass hadn't been paying attention as she and Marianne spoke, so fumbled with her dagger. Vani flung it but the Woman With No Name evaded and, with the grace of a Harad viper, she warningly held the heavy and broad, unlovely sword against the beautiful white flesh of Vani's throat. The Eyepatch Lady hissed that Vani and Mariane had given themselves away so swiftly. Sorry, Miss Cyclops, Vani replied insultingly, daring for one who be killed with one rent of a seax to her skin but Vani had always been reckless and sarcastic no matter what was going down, but I was catching up with my girlfriend over here. You know how socializing goes with someone you ain't seen in a while. Vani smirked lopsidedly.Or maybe you don't have any friends....</font>
</font> Mariane, who hadn't gone for a weapon because she was so stunned to recognize Jezebel, demanded sharply with her hands in the air : I love you, but do shut up ! MakingJezebel cross could be a bad thing. Suddenly, many armed thieves and cut-throats appeared, surrounding. Especially since she has back-up now. Mariane looked into Jezebel's lone eye. Your gang Hell's Fire, I presume ? I'm so touched to see you again, Jessie ; I may weep for joy. Parting is such sweet sorrow !Mariane drawled, trying to still the palpitations of her wildly beating, scared heart though she remained composed.That tranquility threatened to break when Jezebel mentioned that Selene was here and still remembered her betrayal. Um, may I request something before we waltz over to your encampment, Bells ? Vani sweetly asked. Can I get my dagger back ? Mariane rolled her green eyes ; the more things changed, the more they stayed the same. Pleeeeeease ? Vani annoyingly pleaded, how about you just carry it for me until I'm pardoned or something ?.....This is the last time I'm going to say it, Vani. Shut up. Or you'll never kiss Clive again in this world. Vani silenced herself. Don't open your mouth til I say ! Mariane, the more sensible of the pair, commanded her friend shrilly as they were escorted away.</span></font>
</font></span>*</font></span>
</font>Hell's Fire Hide-out</font>
</font> So I guess I can talk now, sweetie ? Vani questioned Mariane who laughed lightly, nodding her head ; Roland wanted to know who she was. I'm Vani, Big Guy. It's a pleasure to meet you, she spoke gaily, even grinning now. I'd shake your hand but um....I'm sorta' locked up, don't ya' know ? Vani gestured, making her imprisoned hands' chains jingle ; Mariane bit her lip to keep from laughing loudly. I'm Mariane's friend and the wife of a bandit leader named Clive ; if you haven't heard my name in the underground, you probably have caught his name in a conversation or two. Or ten. Our band, the Gentry, got ambushed in the Misty Mountains in the winter by a company of Elves and Rangers who were patrolling the area to flush criminals out of their mountain lairs ; I guess, I never really found out what the pointy-ears and their human friends were up to. Anyways, that's where I got this gorgeous scar. She didn't speak for several moments, her captivating and lovely eyes welling with tears, missing how ravishing she used to look. One of our boys named Logan, Vani said hoarsely when she could find her voice, split from Clive and me when we fell on hard times after the Gentry's fall ; he made up his own gang called the Greycloaks.</font>
</font> You probably heard of that monster, he's raising Angband in the South Downs, putting even children and old ladies to the sword. He doesn't care who he robs ; whoever they are, he and his ruffians murder each one. Anyways, Clive and Me decided to lead our survivors and those we picked up to hire on here to Deadman's Dike hoping there'd be friends in the melting pot whom we could merge with. Luckily, the Spectres of Angmar who Clive and me served before took us in warmly. I was in the south, leading a team to rob the residential area down there but some Rangers crashed the party. I found Mariane among them, Roland, she was doing some scouting for the Spectres. I took her away with me, escaping, and then Jezebel found us. Mariane spoke up then, glumly : Nutal was with me, too, but we got in a scuffle with the Rangers. He vanished when I got captured ; I think he's gone for help, he wouldn't let me down, I just know it. She looked into muscular Roland's eyes calmly. They will be on their way looking for me ; Kellan Thrawn, the leader, looks out for his own, Roland. We can join forces and defeat the Rangers ; we could either stay together or split up after that, whatever you like, man. Vani nudged Roland with her boot. Hey, guy, I hope we can be pals. Thanks for not killing us right off, bud. I appreciate that. I think I may actually like you. Say, how about you let us go, Hulk ? I don't want to kill nobody but the Rangers, that's for certain sure. And this really ain't how I wanted to spend my afternoon, man. How about you make us girls feel welcome and get rid of these chains ?</font>
</font>OOC @ at Tara, Rill, and company : ((</font> I'll be editing in my Beren and Khallador segment late today ; I have a long shift for the holiday</font>))</font>
</font>









Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Beren Camlost
06/Jun/2012, 04:05 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/bear-3.gifBeren, Defenders of Fornost</font>Deadman's Dike - Southern District</font>
</font> Just what we thought would happen,Tara,Berenspoke through clenched teeth at his dear, younger friend ;Camlostwas in agony but, so manly, he didn't want to scream in her presence. <b style="font-style: italic; ">Mariane [/b]betrayed us, <i style="font-weight: bold; ">Tara. [/i]Beren allowed Tarawen to support him to a shack nearby which probably had belonged to a Ranger once upon a time who had kept watch in these parts. Beren quietly asked her to pause for a moment to investigate a closet nearby where she wanted him to sit ; he opened the door slowly and took a peek inside. It was a small armory replete with swords, bows and arrows, daggers and a couple of spears, crossbows and bolts, cleaning kits for each kind of weapon and supplies. Camlost let Tarawen ease him down and she ordered him firmly to lay. I guess a man shouldn't complain if a woman tells him that, Beren said toTarawen with one of those annoyingly handsome roguish grins and winked. He carefully settled himself on his stomach and she propped his leg up with a stone discovered outside the door, intelligently wrapping the rock with spare fabric to make him comfortable. Emeralda arrived with Thorondil, wondering almost simultaneously with Tarawen, who was tending his wound, about what had occurred outside.</font>
</font> Beren smiled at kneeling Emeralda and gave her cheek a soft pat. Mari tried to keep to her phony story about wanting some privacy to make water, Camlost told her, Tarawen, and Thorondil. I let her but she took too long so I guessed that Mariane was preparing to hurt me by surprise if I came around to check if she was up to any funny business. I figured Marianewas going to try to make a run for it and so I ordered her totell me the truth ; Mariane got from around the bush with a stiletto in her hand and told me she's with the thieves who are hiding in Deadman's Dike like I suppose Tarawen, Khallador, and the other Rangers have thought. Beren was silent, struggling to force himself to reveal what might be considered as betrayal. I.... Beren shut up, biting his lip, glancing away, closing his eyes. Then I.... he began to admit again but he had difficulty in getting the words to remove themselves from his throat. I gave her a chance, okay ?Beren said hastily and hoped his friends wouldn't be appalled by his merciful action especially Tarawen who seemed to despise Mariane. Not to get away, Camlost explained, speaking fast, but to change.</font>
</font> I told her if she chose to come clean with us about her intentions in Fornost and wanted to start over in Bree or in Gondor or even among us as a new Ranger then there wouldn't be any trouble. She refused, unfortunately ;I tried to stop her running into the forest ; I got her disarmed and was about to knock her out but an old enemy brought me down. Beren reopened his grey eyes, stormy now in his ire ; he clenched a fist. Vani. She's a bandit woman who almost killed me and a friend of mine, Isolde, in Rohan a few years ago. Beren smirked at Tarawen. Maybe it's not just Mariane you ought to punch or kill ; Vani deserves a good smack. Or a dagger through the heart. Perhaps another scar. She used to be a beautiful woman but someone tore a gash across her face ; too bad whoever gave Vani the ragged scar didn't bother to finish her off, who knows how many innocent people she's killed since. Beren sighed.</font>
</font> Anyway, Camlost resumed his story, Mari and Vani know each other somehow ; she got her away, vanished with Mariane into the woods. His gaze drifted that way, looking through the opened window toward the quiet forest where the criminals had fled into. If you three of you hurry soon you'd be able to stop them or at least try to discover, by tracking, where they are hiding or join up with our friends before they get attacked. Beren growled in frustration. I wish I could help you all but Emma is right ; I need to sit this one out. I won't be able to walk on my leg for a while ; I'd just slow everyone down or get myself killed in a fight. Hey, don't worry about me, ladies ; you, too, old man. I'll be all right. I've got weapons here and my own sword just in case anything goes down I could make a last stand. Bear grinned tightly. For a moment because he had to laugh. Funny, I should say that when I can't stand at all. Camlost laughed very Bearishly.</font>








Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Rian Eliowen
06/Jun/2012, 04:54 AM
Shadow Compamy

Dairen grabbed the rope that Gederas, the newcomer to their company, had thrown down to them. He was gripping on to Elegost's body with his knees and one hand while trying to manouvre the end of the rope with his other hand. It was not an easy task as the two of them dangled precariously over the pit, trying to ignore the razor sharp rocks that waited for them below. He wondered how Tolkus had managed to managed to hold on to Elegost while all this was happening. He hardly needed Gederas' advice to make the rope fast, as Elegost surely must be exhausted from bearing not only his own weight but Dairen's as well. If Dairen didn't move quickly all would be lost. He inched the rope further down to Elegost - who by now also had one free hand, and waited until the rope was firmly attached to Elegost's waist. Once all was secure he called up to Gederas and Tolkus that he was ready to climb up the rope. Painfully, inch by inch, he he shimmied up the rope his hands and arms which were already strained from the preceeding minutes now burning fiercly with the effort. When he eventually reached the surface, other helping hands quickly lifted him to safety. Now it was time to haul Elegost up the rope - but Dairen was too exhausted to do much more than call out encouragement as the other rangers pulled his friend up to safety. The time to say thanks to his rescuers would come once they were both safe.

Tarawen
08/Jun/2012, 02:29 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/accresce/tarawenic&#111;n5.jpg</font>
Tarawen</font>
Shadow Company</font>

"Ugh, her act never really worked on me," Tarawen mumbled as she tied off the bandage around Beren's foot in a sturdy but gentle knot. She shook her head at Beren's admittance of having offered Mariane the chance to redeem herself. "You're a good man, Camlost. But sometimes there's no changing a bad woman." Thoughts of what she might say or do when she finally confronted the bandit girl distracted her momentarily as Beren talked. with Thorondil and Emerelda listening attentively.

So when Emma pressed a hand to the bleeding wound in her left shoulder, Tara was jerked out of a fantasy of breaking Mariane's nose with a satisfying crunch. "Emma!" she cried, gasping slightly at the blood staining their companion's shirt. She had just asked Thorondil if she could treat her own wound, and Tarawen understood her discomfort. But Emma's voice sounded soft and fatigued, as if she might be faint from blood loss. Tara checked to be sure that Beren's foot was secure and still and hopped up to help Emerelda.

"Thanks for getting started, Thorondil," she said, nodding quickly to him. "I think I'll take care of it from here, if you don't mind." Emma had pressed her hand to the wound to staunch the bleeding, and Tarawen quickly caught up the shirt she had already shredded in her treatment of Beren's foot. "Keep still and try to rest, Emma," she said softly, noting that she had reached into a bag in an attempt to treat herself. "Take a seat here," she said, gesturing next to where Beren sat. "I'll take care of this for you for now; when we have more secure lodgings we can re-bandage it and take a closer look."

Glancing at Emma's shoulder, she pulled away the fabric of her torn and bloody shirt to reveal a small knife wound. Brow furrowed, Tara reached out a hand toward Thorondil. "May I use the Shepherd's Purse?" She looked at the veteran ranger, knowing he would oblige if it would help a fellow ranger. "Once I've cleaned out the wound," Tara began, "I'll apply some of the weed and bandage you up. We need to move out of the city, I agree, but we're not going anywhere till we've seen to that wound you've got."

She continued talking as she cleaned Emma's wound with a fresh strip of cloth from the the soft leather bag that contained her healing supplies--a relic of her life in Gondor. "That Vani sounds as vicious as they come," she said as Beren explained his long history of conflict with the bandit who had come to rescue Mariane. "I'll give her a cut she'll never recover from," Tara growled as she finished cleaning Emma's wound. She threw the dirty cloth onto the one she had used to treat Beren, thinking she would deal with them later.

When the conversation turned to hunting down the women who had gotten away, Tara paused and stood from where she had been kneeling next to Emerelda. "I'm not sure Emma should go anywhere, either, Beren," she said grimly. "She's lost a fair amount of blood today and I don't want to rush her into a stressful combat situation. What say Thorondil and I head out to search for their hideout? Will you two be okay to stay here?" She looked a bit apprehensively from the injured Beren with his foot propped sadly on a rock to Emma, whose shoulder had bled freely only minutes ago.</font>

Rainelle Hérandil
17/Jun/2012, 04:27 AM
Defenders of Fornost
Emeralda</font>

Emma was rather glad that Tara had come to help her, because she really wasn't too sure that she could do it herself after all. Her left arm felt heavy and clumsy, from lack of blood she could only guess. She managed a small, grateful smile when Tara began to tend to her wound. She knew she was right, she shouldn't go anywhere.. she needed to stay still and rest right now. Actually, she thought she must be pretty lucky, because if her guess was right, if it had been an inch lower then the knife would have probably stabbed her heart, but as it was, it only her shoulder and collarbone area.

She sat still and let Tara clean and bandage her wound, trying to follow along with whatever Tara and Beren were talking about. Their voices sounded distant, like they were echoing from deep within a cavern, and she frowned as she tried to concentrate. She realized she was feeling dizzy. She felt like she was rocking back and forth, very slightly, and there was a sort of buzzing in her ears. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew something wasn't right. She felt kind of sick, and her face was even paler than it had been a moment ago, though she couldn't see it.

"She's lost ... blood ... rush her ... stressful comba..."</font> She only caught snatches of what Tara said, at least she thought it was Tara speaking. She sounded so quiet and far away that Emma couldn't tell for sure. As Tara was speaking to Beren, Emma was breathing in rapid, shallow breaths, and the buzzing noise seemed to grow louder, filling her ears. Her head felt heavy, and also felt like it was spinning around inside. She tried to speak, to get Tara's attention and let her know she didn't feel well, but she couldn't seem to make her mouth open. Her vision seemed to dim, then went so dark she couldn't see anything but blackness, and she passed out completely, falling over on her side. Her skin was pale and clammy, her body temperature above average with a slight fever.

(OOC @Tara: I decided that the knife that stabbed her was poisoned, but because of the adrenalin and fighting and stuff, she didn't feel the effects of it until now. It's nothing extremely fatal though.. just maybe a snake or spider venom or plant toxin, whatever. she'll be ok though later on, so don't worry too much.</font> smileys/smiley11.gif)
</font>

Tolkus
11/Jul/2012, 07:06 PM
Shadow Company</font>Tolkus was still hanging on to Elegost as his arms began to burn and pain fill them. Dairen had made it out of the pit using the rope now Tolkus hoped that Elegost could grab it and the rest of the group could haul him up. He looked down at Elegost and siad, "Can you make it to the rope or are your arms losing strenght?" Tolkus did his best to make it seem like a joking moment. Then he called back to the group, "Can a couple of you grab my legs and I think we can get Elegost out of here if nothing else happens." He waited to see what everyone was up to.

Beren Camlost
17/Jul/2012, 09:20 AM
Beren</font>Defenders of Fornost</font>A Shack...</font>
</font> Berensighed heavily, hearingTarawen. He was quiet for a time until he finally admitted,"I know you're right. Now I do. I won't hesitate if given the chance next time."Berengrinned lopsidedly atTarawen."And if the opportunity drops into my hands again, I'll just pass it over to you, right ?"He laughed for a few moments ; with his laughter subsiding,CamlostaskedTarawenseriously,"Do you still trust me ?"He was frightened that she no longer had faith in him and he feared losingTarawen's friendship."Or am I being an idiot ?"Shedidcall him a good man.Berenbegan to relax though whenTarawengrowled that she'd give his nemesis,Vani, a cut as well.</font>
</font> "Oh, yeah ?"Berenstarted to tease,"Which sort ? Across the throat?"Tarawenadvised she andThorondilcould be useful if they left but was worried about him andEmeralda."You two ought to get going, find the Rangers that split from us somewhere in the forest ; we're stronger together,"Berencouncilled wisely,"Emmaand I will be all right but I think you need to examine how well she feels."Berengrimly looked toward the green-eyed young woman. She seemed pale and clammy and dizzy."She might have been poisoned,Tara...."</font>
</font>
*
</font>Clive and Thrawn</font>Deadman's Dike</font>Thrawn's Encampment</font>
</font> "Rise up, you drunk old skunk,"Clivehalf-heartedly commanded, lightly jostling the shoulder of the lounging chieftain of the Phantoms of Angmar ;Kellan Thrawnwas drinking himself into a stupor. Everyone had celebratedClive's arrival butThrawnhad been in his cups a little too much."Give me one -"Kellanlifted a lone finger into the air," - good reason why I should, friend."He smirked for an instant and added, drawling,"As you can see -"he attempted to wave grandiosely over his inebriated condition and scratched the brown-furred head of his Angmarian Molosser slumbering by the cot," - I'm confortable where Iam."</font>
</font> Cliveplucked the bottle of moonshine - the fiery 'North Downs white lightning' as some called it, a high proof spirit (basically pure grain alcohol that packed a punch) nigh clear as water that was illegally distilled in and smuggled out of the Chetwood clandestinely "by the light of the mooon" and outlawed in the Bree-lands by its mayor,Captain Jack Harkness- out ofKellan's grasp."Because a messengerstopped by with a delivery for you,"Cliveanswered, givingThrawnthe letter he held in his opposite hand. Thrawn was suddenly alert ; sitting up at once, he tore the envelope fromClive's fingers."Who the devil is this contact of yours ?"Clivesharply questioned ; he had a bad feeling about this.Kellanwas silent, unable to lift his gaze from the seal of the sea-serpent.</font>
</font>*</font>
</font>Clive and Thrawn</font>Approaching the Tor</font>North of Deadman's Dike</font>
</font> "My contact is The Leviathan. Fitting name, I reckon, Clive. Like the sea monster. He's powerful, too," Kellan divulged as they journeyed to the tor, two miles north of Deadman's Dike, where The Leviathan had asked Thrawn to meet him for a conversation. "You've been robbing in the East and sequestered in the Hithaiglir waylaying travelers too long, Clive," Thrawn remonstrated his lieutenant, weaving drunkenly among the elms and ferns ; Clive caught hold of Thrawn when the old man unsteadied himself by stumbling over a forest stone. He gently held Kellan, like Clive would for a grandfather, and guided the Phantom Lord gently ahead of the looming cliff before them. "He's a</font></font>big fish in the water, The Leviathan, here in the west ; he's got a lot of our kind workin' for him," </font>Kellan continued.</font>
</font></span> "He pays thieves to steal from merchants on the roads, the wealthy ones ; The Leviathan hires some of our bravest brigands to filch relics out of barrows and and tombs and towers from ancient sites here in the north. There's word from some friends of ours in the south says that this Leviathan contracts pirates to attack Elven ships at sea for the last couple of months. Even the white ones bound for them Undying Lands, pilfer the pretty trinkets the Elves take with them back wherever it is the pointy-ears came from once upon a time. Guess he's a magnate or noble of Gondor who's so filthy stinking rich nobody notices he has more coin in his coffers than he ought to, fortunate enough for him. And our breed."</font></span>
</font></span> Kellan lifted his hand to take a swallow of moonshine but alas Thrawn had forgotten, inebriated as he was, that Clive hadn't allow him to take the Eriador white lightning with him to this rondevous. "What are the Phantoms supposed to accomplish for The Leviathan in Deadman's Dike ?"Clive was scared to ask ; he...disliked the idea of failing a heavy-handed crime boss. "Whatever we found interesting, we'd hand over at some location he hasn't revealed yet. He'd pay us in the value of the stolen merchandise. I trust him ; we've done a couple of jobs for him already and The Leviathan never breaks a deal and rewards fairly. This is going to be huge opportunity, he'll pay more handsomely than ever before ; I may even retire. Shake the devil off my back and get away. Far away. Somewhere nice, mate. Somewhere warm. And beautiful. Ahhh, ocean-front property on the Isle of Balar....dancing Elf girls...." Clive chuckled, shaking his head.</font></span> The more things change, the more they stay the same.</font></span>
</font>*</font>
</font>Clive and Thrawn</font>The Tor</font>North of Deadman's Dike</font>
</font> It was always darkest just before the dawn so swathed as The Leviathan was in black at first it was rather difficult to spot him in the deep shadows of the morning as the pair surmounted the rocky outcrop but the moon's gleam ultimately revealed the mysterious agent of Thrawn's, gleaming off the surface of a Dwarven mask - a sly laquered dark shield chased with fine silver highlights - behind which his features remained hidden to the beholder. He was cowled and wore moleskin gloves to better conceal the nature of his true identity, also ; The Leviathanwore a serpentine necklace from which a pendant, a sea-dragon, hanged. "You're under the influence, I see," The Leviathan observed aloud in a gravelly voice, another method of deception, surely, "I don't trust drunkards. I cannot afford to." "Look, I don't know you and you don't know me but the old-timer wanted just a bit of fun last night," Clive interceded for Thrawn who would have said something awfully rude which probably would have had dire consequences not just for himself but for all the Phantoms. "And what manner of circumstance, may I ask, provoked Mr. Thrawn to become so involved in the frivolity ?" The Leaviathan asked with startling politeness but he was frustrated, Clive felt with frightening clarity.</font>
</font> "I'm a student of his and a former captain ; I had bid <b style="font-style: italic; ">Kellan [/b]a farewell a few years ago - well, the missus and I - to form our own band but we fell on rough times in the mountains so journeyed here to Deadman's Dike. Vani and I knew it to be a melting pot -" "It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy, yes," The Leviathan interrupted laconically,"And that is where you found Mr. Thrawn and rejoined his company. And in the merry reveling, Kellan partied much too hardy. I gather that's the short of it, Stranger ?" "Clive," he answered, thrusting his hand outward for a shake....which he didn't recieve. "I will pardon your idiocy this once," warned The Leviathan, lifting a finger toward Thrawn as if she was admonishing a child. "I'm anxious to hear what you've collected for me in the city. Report." Kellan blinked and, with a heavy sigh, raked his white hair with his fingertips. Clive stared at Kellan with weakening confidence. "Am I to believe you've been negligent of your duty for two months ? You've been cavorting among the ruins for weeks and have not discovered any valuable item at all ?" The Leviathanangrily assumed. "I was delayed," Thrawn barked, taking a step forward with a hand curled into a fist but Clive drew him back ; Kellan tossed his erstwhileprotégé</span>'s grasp off.</span></font>
</font></span> "You're a man who never got his fingers dirty ; you're too good for that, you have an honorable image to protect. That's why you have minions," Thrawn seethed, "You've got pawns to control but never have you cared what sordid business they gotta' do to get what you want done, eh ? I had to get through the mountains." Kellan, with liquid courage, grabbed The Leviathan's ebon robe before Clive could lay a hook or finger on him. "There's Orcs, trolls, werewolves, Beorning and Dúnedain patrols, and wargs. Robbers who aren't so friendly with my Phantoms, too. There was grief and there were losses. And I'm not the young fella I used to be. By the Witch-king's crown, man, we just got here !" Thrawn disengaged, sinking backward ; hetouched his chest with his palm, trying to still the palpitations of his wildly beating heart. Clive tentatively held his shoulder with quiet words, wishing the old ram would calm himself down before he had a heart attack.</font></span>
</font></span> "All right, you've had your troubles. I'll forgive you, but there's work that needs to be done," The Leviathan sympathized but relentlessly pressed. "A change of plans then. Ignore every inch of Fornost. It's Minas Erain, the Tower of Kings, where the Phantoms must conduct their search ; there must be treasure of Númenor and ancient Arnor within that citadel. Scour the building. Whatever baubles and trinkets you discover must be brought to Swanfleet by the first day of Autumn. You may enlist any gang to help you and they have my permission to share your gift when it's time." The Leviathan turned his back on Kellan and Clive. "I must depart to rejoin the messenger I sent to your encampment so we must quickly haste back to...." He paused in his walk, halting on the opposite edge of the rocky surface of the tor to look over his shoulder. Somehow Clive knew The Leviathan's own features would have appeared just as clever as his mask's. "Well, if I told you, I'd have to kill you."</font></span>
</font>









Edited by: Aigronding Mordagnir

Asha'bellanar
01/Aug/2012, 08:28 PM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Angie.jpg </font>http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Mo&#111;nshadow3.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Jezebel.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Jihad.jpg</font>

Roland - Leader of Hell's Fire NPC, </span></font>Selene - Last of the Mountain Snakes NPC</span></font>Alexina, Ryan, Angie, Fikri, Jihad, Moonshadow, and Nionwen NPCs</span></font>
Hell's Fire Bandits - Hideout Within Fornost
</span></font>


</span></font>
Roland masticated on his own teeth, pondering over Vani's words as she spoke them, quite coolly it seemed. And when her tale had ended, Roland looked at her without revealing his true thoughts on the matters which she had surfaced to his attention. "Well, ya got some nice manners there, for a liar." he replied evenly, "I'm not falling for any of it Scarface, call me big or call me ugly, ya two-faced wench." Rising to full height, Roland looked down at her with contempt. "You'll wear that metal until you learn to love it. And that Mari monkey of yers too!" he rumbled, showing his back to her and walking away. Jezebel chuckled teasingly at Vani, whirling with a twist of her raven hair and catching up to Roland. "She's right ya know." she whispered to him. "Yeah, I know." he replied dryly, calling some of his best men to him for a private discussion. "I believe ya pumpkin." said Alexina, the voluptuous axe-wielding bride of Roland, kneeling down to Vani and touching her face gingerly. "Got ya badly didn't they sugar, me too." she disclosed, pushing back her chestnut waves to revel the raw slits across the lower left portion of her neck, which Roland had ceased to kiss since acquiring her injury. "Damn elvish daggers." she muttered, jingling the collection of cuff keys that belonged to Roland, but that she kept tucked in her bosom. With a turn and a soft ringing, Vani was free of her chains. "There's a fight comin' sweety, ya best get out of here before my Roland sees ya free. Or, if ya want, stay close to me. And when yer friends come for ya, maybe, you and them can help us?" she said, as the nearby members of Hell's Fire dispersed to the four corners of their hideout. None would reveal to Roland what she had just done, even though he was king of their cause, Alexina was queen. "Roland's just a little cranky, he wants that treasure real badly. But that snake over there," she continued, flicking her head to Jezebel, "I think she went and lied to us..."

Selene jolted awake in the ancient cellar, a line of fresh blood trailing down her right nostril. "What the -?" she uttered, fighting the bands of steel clamped around her wrists. "Jezebeeeeeel!" she screamed in ire, "You'll gets yours for this! Ya hear me!" Selene threw her back against the wall she was attached to, before looking ahead to the young woman who was also in a similar state across the room. With a soft gasp and clench of her teeth, Selene's pursed her pale lips. "Well, look what the devil spat my way again." she declared, breathing heavily. "Ya got a lot of nerve comin' back here again Mari." she said threateningly to Marianne. "Ya dig a cold knife in my back, and now ya look me in the face." Selene grunted, attempting to free herself. "Ya were like my sister Mari!" she exclaimed, her voice breaking, "I, HATE YA!! I HATE, YAAAA!!!" Selene fought back tears, sniffling. Recalling the dreadful night Marianne and their pal Nutal, had tried to take her out. If Gritta (may she rest with the Great Snake) and her twin cousins Jiesuh and Jasper had not come to her defense, well... "If I don't get ta kill ya, I hope the Great Snake swallows ya whole Mari and that weasel Nutal too!" she proclaimed, inhaling deeply and collecting herself once more. Waiting, for freedom or death. Whatever came first.

"You're hurting it!" shouted Jihad tearfully, watching Angie's adolescent brother Ryan, beat the soon-to-be-dead mare (Nionwen). Ryan laughed, paying no heed to Jezebel's fatherless son, as he thrust the sole of his right boot against the barrel of the young female horse. Nionwen neighed in agony, but could not get away from the teen bandit. Bound with rope to the truck of a tree, she endured a long and heavy beating from the thief, who was the rebellious spawn of Roland and Alexina. "Stop it Ryan!" added Angie, clutching her fox Moonshadow close. Her pale knees trembling as the mare yelped and whimpered, pleading for mercy. "Shut up! Both of you!" barked Ryan, reaching for his sword. "Bye bye horsy." he hissed with a grin, swinging his blade up to decapitate the mare. However, as he curved the weapon down to do so, Fikri, Jezebel's silent guardian seized the adolescent by his wrists, shoving him back. "I can do whatever I want ya know." Ryan stated, ready to remove a limb from the half-masked ally of Jezebel. Fikri stepped forward strongly, pervading Ryan with fear. Fikri didn't care about the horse, but when it had become Jihad's new pet, he was obligated to shield it from harm in service of the boy's mother. "Fine then." grumbled Ryan, throwing down his sword and marching to where his father was, pridefully. "Do something!" pleaded Jihad, as the mare wheezed in pain. Fikri nodded reassuringly, prepared to help wounded Nionwen. Taking a small knife, he cut the rope around her neck free. Nionwen's eyes opened wide, and in an instance of bravery, she threw back her mane and rammed Fikri away with her head. "No don't!" shouted Angie, as Nionwen darted out of the Hell's Fire hideout and into the surrounding woods. Fikri came up to standing, sprinting after the mare.

</span></font>* * * * * *</span></font>
</span></font>
</span></font>http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Elegost2-1.jpg http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Hri&#111;n2.jpg</font>
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/1dr3am3dadr3am/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20RP%20Character%20Ic&#111;ns%2 02/Ni&#111;nwen.jpg</font>



Elegost</font>, Nionwen, and Hérion the Falcon NPCs
Fikri - Jezebel's Bodyguard NPC

Shadow Company - Fornost ---&gt; Heading to the Defenders of Fornost



Gripping onto the root, as strongly as he could. Elegost refused to glance down as Dairen climbed over him, knowing very well that a single moment of panic and weak fingers, would be the end of him and his companion. Stupid! he snapped at himself, for deliberately acting on emotional impulses, therefore putting one of his companions at risk. Understandable perhaps, but he was better than this. Looking to Tolkus when it was his turn to come up at last, Elegost expressed discomfort in his hands. "To be entirely honest, </font></font>I lost the feeling in my fingers over a minute ago."</font></font> divulged Elegost, biting his lower lip in thought. "If you gave me your hands Tolkus, you could haul me and the falcon back to safe soil while Dairen and Gederas pull you right?" Elegost said, agreeing to the plan Tolkus had proposed, but was willing to go about it whichever method the majority desired. "Let's hurry, okay?" he shouted to Dairen and Gederas... Once out of the pit, Elegost laid flat down on his back and panted. "When, we find, the others," he said sporadically, "let's not, tell Camlost about this, shall we?" </font></font>Hérion</font></font> let out a cry of affirmation. Even the raptor was aware of Beren's wry humor sufficiently.

Dusting off his sleeves, Elegost, now composed and ready to move forward properly, spoke. "No more death traps, I promise." he chuckled to Tolkus, Dairen, and Gederas, as they</font></font> continued in their search through the woods. Silence filled the air as their investigation yielded little clues, no signs of the captured Nionwen save for the occasional arrows and daggers abandoned by their ruffian owners. "Bandits in Fornost? Check." said Elegost dolefully, "We already know they're some here dang it..." Suddenly, resonating through the columns of the copse, a loud screeching neigh reached their ears. Bolting out of the distant shadows untouched by sunlight, a frightened Nionwen ran through them all, flicking her head from one ranger to the other wildly in panic. "Nionwen, easy girl!" shouted Elegost, attempting to wrap his arms around the mare who had clearly lost her mind. Mad, with eyes bulging out, Nionwen stood on her hind legs frequently, swinging her forelimbs as if to strike them with her hooves. "Hold her down!" Elegost shouted to the others, trying his best to get a grip of Nionwen's reins. When he had done so, Elegost stroked Nionwen's jerking head softly. "You don't know how much I missed you." he whispered contently, when Nionwen's cries dropped slowly to purring neighs. Eyes half-shut, the mare came to a still position, sweeping the air with her tail calmly.

Elegost turned his head to where Nionwen had come from, ducking just in time to avoid being struck by a dark-feathered arrow that whistled towards him. Fikri the bandit, had managed to follow Nionwen to where Elegost, Tolkus, Diaren, and Gederas where. Having found the mare and them, Fikri drew his bow with intentions to eliminate them. "Spread!" exclaimed Elegost, as the bandit archer shot one arrow after another their way at blink-speed. Nionwen hid. Elegost clutched the straight bow slung on his back, pulling it forward for his use. "Let's try to take him alive if we can." he said to the others, pulling an arrow back on the bowstring of his own weapon. Fikri dashed from tree to tree, releasing multiple arrows to each of the pesky rangers, retreating and returning constantly to avoid close combat with any defender of the Free Peoples. "Be careful gents, this is a talented archer!" shouted Elegost, rolling forward to conceal himself behind a bush. "He's without a blade!" went on to say Elegost, shooting at Fikri but missing by immense speed and accuracy, "If one of us can get close enough, his bow won't do him any good!"
</font>
OOC@All - </font>http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_images/bullet.png (http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=244311&amp;PID=7509145#7509145)

kassiopi
11/Aug/2012, 11:59 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/Aigr&#111;nding/Ic&#111;ns/Mariane1.jpg
Mariane

<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:D&#111;notPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EL</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:D&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:D&#111;ntFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="&amp;#45;-"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

<!-->

She was
dragged, after the introductions, away from Vani to an underground crypt of
some kind. It was gloomy and untidy, rocks crumbling down on one side and she
could hear the rats chittering and rustling to one shadowy corner. Her hands
were tied well enough and as much as she tried there was no way of breaking
free. It wouldn’t be so terrible, not for the rats or the darkness or the pain
on her wrist broken by that blasted Ranger, no, it wouldn’t be so bad to rest
for a while if exactly in front of her was only more darkness. But no, her day
was that lucky that her company now was Selene of all people. </span>

I was silly
from the beginning, she though. Cheating the Rangers did not sound as enticing
as it did last night. Who would have thought my cunning wouldn’t work on them?
Mariane desperately wished that Nutal was alive. He was a partner and friend in
many occasions and it would be her fault if he was lost. For a moment her soul
was full of hatred for the Rangers and then she remembered that handsome one
who almost let her go. He wanted me to have a chance, that’s how they are. But
I can’t believe he cared too much, after all he knew me only for a few minutes and in that time I tried to kill him.
Vani was her friend and the Phantoms were her friends, in a way. Doubt was a
poison in the heart of every proper outlaw, she had learnt. </span>

Her
pondering was bothered by Selene’s abrupt waking. In her wrath she even missed
Mariane while shrieking and cursing that goblin-spawn Jesebel. Not that she was
wrong, Mariane herself always disliked the one-eyed woman’s attitude but no
more that she disliked Selene’s and now she remembered why. She never looked
beyond her nerve</span>s, not until it was too late. Her yelling made Mariane’s head
pounding, as if that curious weapon that had hit her earlier wasn’t enough.</span>

“Shut up”
she muttered but of course the other didn’t listen. “All right, don’t shut up” she
kept murmuring trying to forget the throbbing on her head, “just die”. Only Selene’s
attention was drawn to her and recognizing Mariane, she started her casual
monologue. "Ya got a lot of nerve
comin' back here again Mari.</span> Ya
dig a cold knife in my back, and now ya look me in the face</span>." Oh
please! “If I’d known you were creeping around Seli, be sure I wouldn’t let
devil spit me over here. And if you didn’t notice, I’m not looking into your
face”. Well, she did glanced once or twice but only because she enjoyed
watching Selene’s broken nose. Her former partner however didn’t seem to notice
her answers at all and just kept expressing her dislike with watery eyes.
Mariane might be perplexed and doubtful sometimes but one good thing was that
she never cried when she was upset. “Oh, my, if that wasn’t a sniffing!” she
exclaimed ignoring Selene’s threats. Selene ignored her too. That was their way
of arguing in the past too; getting nowhere. A silence stretched over them for
a while. Mariane wondered how Vani fared and if the Phantoms had arrived. She
had only achieved defeat and Kellan wouldn’t like that but at least she was
alive. Surviving was one great deed in this wilderness, especially with all the
Rangers tottering around. Today was a close thing but still… she had made it. </span>

Then
Mariane remembered she would never let Selene have the last word so she
murmured slightly ironically: “You will never be able to kill me, Seli. So,
considering your Great Snake is but empty words, I am relatively safe”. And she
laughed because when you are tied up in a dungeon with an enemy right across
and bandits and Rangers above you, you are far from safe.</span>

</span>

Eafurth
13/Aug/2012, 03:53 AM
Gederas SwytheShadow CompanyOnce the other Rangers were out of the trap, Gederas looked
at his hands. There were purple lines on them from gripping the rope so
tightly. “Better broken hands than broken oaths”, he said quietly. As the other
Rangers recovered from their harrowing incident, he coiled the rope and returned
it to his saddlebag, and then retrieved Haudegen.

Elegost promised no more death traps – but Gederas wondered –
knowing that that is what this whole mission was. Walking through the wood, he
kept his eyes and ears peeled for any sign of the horse. He also carefully
watched his comrades- he was rather inexperienced and needed to learn as much
as he could from them. He thought of the many htings that had happened to him
over the years- and how all of his mistakes could have been avoided if he had
asked those wiser than he for advice. Suddenly a resounding neigh startled him
back to reality. Nionwen, the lost horse, had returned! Expecting a moment of
joy, Gederas quickly ducked when the horse reared up and began to kick with its
forelegs. He moved out of the way, and then came up on the side of the horse,
nice and slow, patting it and reassuring it in an attempt to restore peace to
its troubled behavior.

When Nionwen was finally calmed down, Gederas watched as
Elegost spoke to her. He looked at Haudegen, who was slightly disturbed by the
incident, and patted him. He too loved his horse as much as his best friends,
and he easily sympathized with Elegost.

At that very moment Elegost called out to the Dúnedain to
spread – why was Gederas always loftily contemplating an abstract concept when
he should be paying attention to right here and now? He ducked again, and let
go of Haudegen’s rein, smacking his flank simultaneously to goad him out of the
area. Lost horses could still be ridden.

The bandit Fikri began releasing a shower of arrows at the Rangers,
and Gederas moved from tree to tree. He almost took his own bow out untilElegost suggested they use swords instead. So Gederas unsheathed his own blade,
and darted from tree to tree, arrows whizzing round his ears as he made a very
crooked line towards the bandit. He knew that a single slip would kill him – an
unforeseen pause would end him. He reached a large tree about 10 yards from the
bandit, and prepared to charge him. Hoping that Dairen and Tolkus would assist
his rather brash attack, he prepared to take the full force of a nicely
fletched bolt. Hopefully his mail would deaden the pain a bit. Gederas didn’t know;
he had never been shot before.

Those few seconds seemed like an eternity; hesitating between
courage and – not fear, no, but the unknown. He didn’t know what it was like to
have a stick poking out of his body, or to have a broad-head nestled in his
breast. He just knew that this bandit needed to be stopped.





Edited by: Eafurth Hægweard

Rian Eliowen
12/Sep/2012, 06:58 AM
Dairen - Shadow Company

The whole sequence of events had been so unusual that<b style=""> Dairen[/b]
had immediately suspected a
trap or foul play when <b style="">Elegost’s [/b]</span>mare
<b style="">Nionwen[/b]
returned so unexpectedly and began creating such chaos as she reared and
kicked
in fear. He instinctively lead his own horse off into the tree cover ,
which
was just as well as they were suddenly under attck from a hail of
arrows. It
looked as if there were only one assailant for now </span>but
<b style="">Dairen[/b]
had learned not to take things at face value. He loosened his sword,
ready for
confrontation, but needed to safeguard his horse, as well as keep an eye
on
what the others were up to. <b style="">Gederas[/b] ,
leaving his own horse to run, was darting from tree to tree making for
the
bandit. <b style="">Dairen[/b] hoped that he knew
what he was doing. </span>They could hardly afford
to have another injury or disaster– but he also was itching to take the
fight
to the shadowy bandit attackers, and to put an end to their infuriating
game of
cat and mouse. He managed to catch and calm <b style="">Gederas[/b]’
horse, Haudegen, </span>securing
both horses’ reins
together, which would keep them out of mischief for a short while. He
then set
off after Gederas, taking shelter from the archer behind the trunks of
larger trees
as he circled around to the other side of the trees to the bandit.
Finally he
came up to a position </span>opposite that of his fellow ranger – one where he could catch Gederas’ eye – and indicated that he
would
create a diversion by throwing a large stone to the left of the archer.
He hoped
that Gederas would take the moment of surprise
</span>to charge, now that they were close enough. He winked , held up 3
fingers indicating on the count of three, counted and then hurled the rock aiming it to land
just to
the left of the bandit archer.He waited to see what would happen next.</span>
Edited by: Rian Eliowen

Hallas C. Pehwarin
12/Sep/2012, 03:33 PM
Defender's of Fornost
Thorondil son of Thoróndur
House or family of </font></font></span></font>Hérandil

The late middle aged ranger was brought out of his own stupor by Tara's voice curtly asking if she could use his batch of Shepard's Purse. Thorondil nodded opening his own leather pouch that hung attached to his sword belt and handed over the herb to his fellow d</font>únedain. The weathered veteran ranger now sighed heavily as he watched her treat and patch up Beren Camlost then attend to his granddaughter. He then moved off a bit but still within their temporary lodgings his ears perked up to hear Tara wanting to join him in finding their foes hideout. The 74-year old northern d</font>únedain now turned his weathered face back toward the younger of his kindred his emerald eyes smoldering with silent anger toward these brigands who chose to rouse the wrath of the surviving descendants of the d</font>únedain of Arnor.

Finally did the veteran ranger speak his deep bass voice tinged with just touch of anger and vengeance, "We will indeed Tara seek out this band's hideout and assess to see how many we still have to hand out the justice of our</font></font></font> Chieftain and our folk." " Mark my words these brigands will be the last to set foot within the city." " I then shall journey to Odsolen</font> and ask that a small guard of our folk be placed here to prevent any from entering and trying the pillage any</font> remaining treasures or trinkets since it belongs legally and lawfully to our people as well as to our Chieftain."</font> Then did</font> Thorondil sigh did he reach down to his sword belt and removed a scabbard covered weather stained leather. With heavy heart did he place a hand onto the hilt of his ranger hand and half sword now broken into two separate pieces. That sword had belonged to his father</font> Thoróndur who'd wielding for his entire life as a stout and devoted Ranger of the North.</font></font></span></font> The patriarch of the </span></font>Hérandil family now resolved to go to Rivendell and have the smiths of Lord Elrond reforge the sword anew whenever he got the chance. For now it would remain within the scabbard and not used.</font></font>

Their families ancient </font></span>Númenórean longsword rested within its own scabbard covered black leather adorned with locket and chape forged of jet black steel instead of the shinier silver type. That scabbard rested against his back It was longer than most other swords being nearly 5 feet in length! The crossguard was typical </span>Númenórean design with a curved crescent of solid steel inlaid with bronze tracery and ancient runes to give the wielder an edge during battle and the grip was of leather dyed a rich burgundy. The pommel was elegant yet simple piece of steel enough to balance out this warrior's weapon and was later after the loss of the isle was reshaped into the likeness of the 7-leveled city Minas Anor now known as Minas Tirith. The finely honed blade itself was quality steel forged long ago on the isle itself! A long deep fuller ran down the center of the blade before ending and tapering off into a point that was perfect for slashing and piercing into an enemy.

Thorondil now took hold of the hilt with his right hand and withdrew the sword with quiet reverence. The blade had serviced and kept in readiness for the eventual return to the south kingdom to aid in his lord Aragorn who would one day become the High-King of Arnor and Gondor! Its 3rd after his sires of old Elendil and Isildur whom both held the title. For now it would be his primary weapon and resheathed it back into its fine plain scabbard. Now shrugged it off via its shoulder strap. Holding the scabbard with both hands did he allow his emerald eyes to roam down its length noting where new straps would be placed to allow it to hang at his waist while attached to his sword-belt.

With deft movements of his callused hands did the veteran ranger attach new ones to the scabbard then did Thorondil remove his sword belt from about his narrow waist and attache the new scabbard. It took only a moment and within the next it was back resting around his stomach with the scabbard and sword resting at his left hand side at a 35 degree angle to allow him to withdraw it in smoother quicker fashion when combat was upon he and his people. Now he set himself down on a crumbling piece of decaying wall and took out his pipe to smoke another bit of Southern Star a pipe weed favored among the Little Folk of the Shire. Lighting it up and inhaling deeply did the aroma soothe out Thorondil's mind and his restless thoughts......

OOC: Sorry everyone RL and other plaza business has left me in the lurch for DD here but I've caught up with this post and ready for the ending.smileys/smiley11.gif</font>
</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>

Tolkus
13/Sep/2012, 02:32 AM
Shadow Company</font>Bent with arms throbing and head still pounding from the blood runshing to it after being upside down for a bit, Tolkus nodded as Elegost called out. He mouthed "go" to the group though no sound came out of his mouth. The group took off and Tolkus laughed to himslef at the fact he had no voice at that moment. Getting the better of his situation Tolkus followed where Gederas went. Walking slower than the rest of the group Tolkus took his time getting to the others and stopped from time to time checking out the area and listening.