Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Results 3,301 to 3,328 of 3328

Thread: The EK Fan Club

Bard of Mirkwood
    <DIV =WebWizRTE marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" leftmargin="1" topmargin="1">Indeed...

Chieftain of the Mark
    Thanks Mal! And I love that emoticon!

Chieftain of the Mark
    And I still love it now.

Aide of Mirkwood
    So do I.

sɐɹplɐℲ - ˙ʎzɐɹɔ ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd no⅄

Aide of Mirkwood
    *pokes thread*

Aide of Mirkwood
    I love all the matching sigs here.

Chieftain of the Mark
    Huh, so the OP of this thread actually survived the New New (?) Plaza transition more intact than I thought it would. I'm too lazy to replace all the smiley and colors but at least the formatting is correct now.

Chieftain of the Mark
    Oh yeah, guess who's back? and all that

Fake edit: flood control... >.<

Slave of Mordor
    Do you know what is really sad? The last time I posted here I was 3 months away from my magnificently terrific North American road trip.

1. That was 2 and a half years ago.
    2. Its feels like yesterday.
    3. I had all of University ahead of me back then, now I'm practically done.

On the plus side, I have since:
    1. Learned about, and tried, a s'more.
    2. Discovered the importance of not booking Ryan Air flights through any website (including their own, unless it's really life and death).
    3. Booked a trip to the National Archives.

So all in all it seems a pretty fair trade of time and experience against my declining time on this planet.

Chieftain of the Mark
    I remember hearing about the big North American road trip on Facebook both before and during it happening. I was disappointed that we didn't manage a Plaza meet-up, although to be honest that was a pretty bad time in my life for me so I doubt I would have been much fun to hang out with. :P

A lot has changed for me in the past two years or so since I was really active here. I graduated from Uni this spring! :D A year later than I was "supposed" to, but it's still a nice feeling. And my relationship with both of my parents (especially my formerly estranged father) have improved immensely, which is really nice. So it's been a tough two years in some ways but I do feel that I'm a better person for it.

NB I got really excited when I saw "National Archives" in your post until I realized you (probably) meant the UK one. Still, if you ever make it back to the DC area drop me a line. ;)

Slave of Mordor
    I still don't really understand how you've managed to somehow over-take me in your education system. I know I took a year out, but I'm beginning to think we're on some weird 18 month per year system or something that our incredibly efficient and very well loved members of parliament forgot to tell us about.

Glad to hear bridges are being built and stuff with previously estranged parents!

And finally, I would like to say that I would very much love to visit your National Archives, but as you correctly deduced, I was referring to the much less exciting half hour train journey into London to our ones, rather than a far more exhilarating 8 hour flight to DC.

I'm going tomorrow and staying with a friend in the heart of the city- planning to spend my days digging for treasures in the initial NHS legislation- all composed my good pal Nye. Got all my hopes of achieving a worthwhile dissertation mark hanging on my productivity in the capital over the next few days. And then on Saturday I'm off on a whirlwind tour of Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Budapest, and Venice.

Slave of Mordor
    And of course I will certainly let you know if I'm ever back in your neck of the woods.

Chieftain of the Mark
    I skipped a lot of grades when I was younger, which is why I started college early. To be perfectly honest, looking back on the experience, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone even if they manage to finish high school early. But that's just my take on it and there were certainly other things going on throughout the years I spent at Uni. :P

Digging through old legislation and papers is fun (I've had some very enjoyable trips to the Library of Congress in DC poking around through old books), but I'm definitely jealous of your upcoming pan-Europe tour. The only time I've been to Europe is Italy when I was five years old, so I barely remember it. I wish I was able to travel as much as you! Although, I did just get back from Florida where we went to Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter theme park, so I can't complain much. :D

Elder of Imladris
    ...I'm with Mithrandir in that saying Twilight is hot garbage, seasoned with salt and pepper.

Not you though Eldorion, you're cool. I would like to join your fanclub.

Chieftain of the Mark
    Why thank you, Rivvy Elf. I am most flattered, especially given how long this thread has been inactive for.

Elder of Imladris
    Happy birthday Eldorion!

Chieftain of the Mark
    Thanks, Rivvy!

Slave of Mordor
    EK, I thought I'd let you know that this place feels like a time capsule for me. I stumble back just now and read my own post - just seven posts up - discussing how time has flown ... and now more than four years have passed again since that post.

- - - Updated - - -

who can say where the road goes, where the day flows, only time.

Enya gets it.

Chieftain of the Mark
    It's definitely a weird feeling going back and re-reading old posts for me too. I was 14 when I really became active here ... the Plaza definitely turned out to be a formative experience for me.

Slave of Mordor
    If we're looking at the May 2005 join date of mine, I will have spent exactly half my life as a member here in about 8 months.

- - - Updated - - -

But I was part of a discussion a few weeks ago where someone told me that by the age of 21 you have lived half your life in terms of your perception of time.

- - - Updated - - -

How on earth you measure that, I can only begin to imagine. But I do feel like my years 1 - 15 easily lasted about 35 years now I think about it.

Assassin of Mordor
    I think they're basing that on the assumption that your perception of time is dependent on the proportion of your life so far that each passing moment represents, like when you're a kid ages 5-10 represents half your life which is a long ass time but you go from 45-50 it's only 10% which is pretty meh as far as percents go. Whole thing seems like a bit of stretch though since the percents all change depending on whether you're talking in years or hours or seconds and although I haven't run the numbers on this I think the inescapable mathematical conclusion to this line of reasoning is that when you're just being born every millisecond feels like several billion years

- - - Updated - - -

dang i'm at 55.1%, missed my big day

- - - Updated - - -

ps hi ek ad me in tx

- - - Updated - - -

pps that was me saying hi eldorion can i join your club but all in two letter words for efficiency

Chieftain of the Mark
    sure thing narv and thanks for the support

also added rivvy elf to the op since i didn't do that previously

i initially had something written here about how re-reading my posts on the first page of this thread is kinda cringey but it got all messy and emotional which is probably partially because it's after 4am my time but also just where things are for me right now but anyway yeah

it's good to have you guys here though seriously
    Last edited by Eldorion; 10/Sep/2017 at 09:11 AM.

Assassin of Mordor
    I think it's important for everyone to get messy and emotional on the plaza at least annually, if only so they can look back on it the next year and feel much more mature and emotionally stable than their previous self, until the self-reflection leads to nostalgia and ennui and right back to messy emotionality, thus perpetuating the vital cycle. I'm glad to still have you all too ������ wait does this thing do iPhone emojis now that's crazy

- - - Updated - - -

No, no it doesn't apparently. Well that was a beautiful dream

Slave of Mordor
    I guess it's good none of us remember it. Not sure I'd have coped with the passing of every millisecond feeling like an eternity in those early moments.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to break it to you, and it's probably me not you, but all I'm seeing is questions marks...

- - - Updated - - -

okay that's fine then, we've got that all sorted and agreed.

Assassin of Mordor
    Dang was that a simul post, I don't know if I'm ready for that level of nostalgia

- - - Updated - - -

It was, now you gotta piece together the update chronology by context, this is some csi nightmare world

Slave of Mordor
    I was thinking the same thing. But updates add a whole new facet.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. it's good to be here and I concur with the mushy stuff briefly discussed above.

- - - Updated - - -

EK, what is the meaning of the addition sign after your name in the active members list on the main forum page?

- - - Updated - - -

it's quite exciting knowing all 3 of the current members online.

- - - Updated - - -

I include myself in that number, but I have no intention of entering into the mires of whether or not I can know myself.

Assassin of Mordor
    Geez man 1.26 million spammers denied registration, seems harsh

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine how much more active this place would be if we let them register, it'd be an affiliate marketing robo utopia

Chieftain of the Mark
    Cheers Narv

- - - Updated - - -

Nia I'm pretty sure the + symbol appears after the name of anyone whom one has friended
    Last edited by Eldorion; 10/Sep/2017 at 06:44 PM.