Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Welcome to those who have been members of the Lord of the Rings Fanatics website. I am posting this question to see which city in Middle Earth would be preferred by those who have read the books and seen the films The Cities I am going to least here include The White City known as Minas Tirith, Fornost Erain, Norbury of Kings, Edoras, Bree, Annuminas, Osgiliath, Minas Ithil, and Tharbad.
<table style="-moz--clip: -moz-initial; -moz--origin: -moz-initial; -moz--inline-policy: -moz-initial;" border="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></t></table>
    Herald of Imladris
    I'd have to say Rivendell, with Lothlórien in close second. I just adore the architecture there. Although Lothlórien is a lot closer to Gondor and Rohan, I would be quite happy just beetling around Eriador.

Wise Ent of Fangorn
    Even though I'm in Rohan here, I'd definitely want to live in Hobbiton! Or somewhere in the Shire anyway! They have the best lifestyle - eat drink and be merry!
    "I want to be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren." - Éowyn

New Soul
    I would say that cities of Gondor are interesting place to live in, for example Pelargir we know very little of it, except the fact that it was one of the oldest and largest cities in kingdom, great port and seat of the royal navy, former numenorean colony (probably the first permanent settlement in that region the colonial numenorean made :)). Also Tolkien once in letter compared it to Venice and there was reference to king's house below Pelargir build on arches stuck in the bottom of Anduin :). But the elvish cities certainly would top those places, especially in realms of good old Beleriand. And who knows maybe Mithlond the Grey Havens or Edhellond those two port cities of elves would make a magnificent place to live in having also the view of the sea :).

Cottager of Ithilien
    Well, this is a very hard one, I think Dol Amroth would be quite pleasant, never mind that that is my region
    "All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Scribe of Erebor
    For sheer raucous dwarvishness, it's got to be Erebor. But if you fancy a bit of a quieter life, I'd imagine rolling with the elves in Lothlorien would be good.
    "Onward, then! To glory, and some such nonsense."

Librarian of Imladris
    Ost-in-Edhil: I would love to learn more about it. It was glorious in the days of Celebrimbor and when the remnant of the High Noldor lived there.

I would love to live in Lothlorien though, or Imladris. One where you can be one among nature, the other, where the stars shine the brightest.

Pickpocket of the Lone Lands
    Well my first choice would be the shire. My second choice is Lothlórien.

Herald of Imladris
    Dale is really amazing before its destruction as seen in An Unexpected Journey, I also love Rivendell and Minas Tirith!

9. I would either live in Minas Tirith because of it's architectural beauty or Dale because of it's grace and closeness to erebor without having to be inside the mountain all the time.

Brewer of the Shire
    Well, I'm not a huge fan of cities, but if I had to pick an urban center it would either be Mithlond, or Dol Amroth. I've always wanted to live by the sea, but I also like mountains and so Lindon would have slight preference over Dol Amroth.

Slave of Mordor
    Like others, I would likely choose to reside in Mithlond. The sea, I think, does a soul good.

12. I would like to live in Osgiliath, before the Kin-strife ordeal. I was always a fan of Gondor, and living in it's greatest city would make me so happy.

Archer of Imladris
    I was going to say Minas Tirith, but then I noticed that not everyone was sticking by the list, so I'll say Imladris.

Archer of Imladris
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalaithion View Post
    Dale is really amazing before its destruction as seen in An Unexpected Journey, I also love Rivendell and Minas Tirith!
    Wow, I have the same opinion and the same rank. Way to go!

Banned
    i would want to live in either Imladris or the Woodland Realm.
    Last edited by Avalein; 29/Aug/2015 at 04:58 AM.

Sam
    I would like to live in Rivendell, the quiet and peaceful valley of Imladris. If it doesn't count as a city, then Minas Tirith would be nice. A big and busy city, but a beautiful one, too, with a great view on the river, the mountains, and the fields.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I am glad that you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam."

Frodo, RotR

The Witch-King
    I would want to live in the Northfarthing of the shire away to the west where there was no one except a few people. There would also be hills and green downs where you could just lay in the grass and play football(and not have to watch the Cowboys).

Youth of Mirkwood
    It'd be Mordor
    nah just playing. For me it'd be either Greenwood (Mirkwood) or Lothlorien
    Mae govannen elen síla lúmenn omentielvo

19. Caras Galadhon would be the best for me.I always wanted to live in the trees with the Elves. If only Galadriel did not leave.I would have loved to talk with both galadriel and celeborn at the same time.
    Last edited by Rohirrimsoldier; 26/Jul/2016 at 06:49 AM.

Needleworker of Mirkwood
    Edhellon in its prime. Perhaps Caras Galadhon as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

Traitor of Mordor
    Hmm, I would have to say the great city of Minas Tirith, or as a direct opposite, The great fortress of Barad Dur (It may not be considered a city, but it would be an amazing place to live!)

Gardener of the Shire
    There are three possible places I would possibly live. There is, of course, the great elvish cities of Rivendell and Lorién.

And there is Minas Tirith. Maybe the Shire too, but there is little activity there, except for parties and talking a lot, which is great, but not when it is overdone!

Archer of Ithilien
    Perhaps Ost-in-Edhil, founded by Galadriel and Celeborn, before the time they ruled Lothlórien, once capital city of Eregion. Then again, maybe Framsburg, or Tharbad. Even Lond Daer or Eryn Vorn possibly. Quite a tough question, I think, really. There are so many to choose from. But one place I would definitely live in would have to be Mundburg, as (very very very vaguely) suggested by my region.
    Last edited by Nardunâlo; 16/Aug/2016 at 11:49 PM.

Jester of Dol Amroth
    My choice would be Annúminas, the chief city of Arnor before its decline in the third age, before it became depopulated. Set next to the cool lake, cool temperatures, it would be a very picturesque scene to me. And even after the fall of Angmar. Alone among the ruins of a great civilization would be both sorrowful and enticing. Maybe a bit introverted too, hah.

Fornost would be intriguing as well and Dol Amroth as always earns a honorable mention from me.
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”