And a place for the new members
to come and introduce themselves,
and ask questions.

This is also a thread where you can:
encourage each other,
support each other,
have some kind-hearted fun together.

Yet...
please don't be overly spammy or I might have to come and eat you!
    Boromir
    Well met, Elora! I'm sure I speak for all SL-RPers when I say we are looking forward to your writing.
    Arnyn Axinecelume ~ Always Hyandaner

Scavenger of Mordor
    If I made more Mordor characters, would anyone be interested in adopting some?

Sam
    I think people are usually interested in making their own characters, Troy. I personally find it more enjoyable than using someone else's characters. Perhaps you should try to use them yourself, or focus on developing and RP'ing the characters you have already made. Right now you have many wonderful NPCs, and I am sure that if you would spend more time working with them, you will discover just how much fun one could have without making more NPCs which others would prefer not to adopt, and just RP with one's own characters.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    I understand. Thanks Nolewen.

Now with that out of the way, it's certainly been a while since we still had any minions active. ^^;

Elder of Imladris
    So... I tried writing as Elugail in training. But I could not maintain my disbelief, and did not want to put y'all in a position where you might have to give renown to a well-written post about somebody failing to physically be a soldier :P

I have returned to my motherboard, and have come up with a more prototypical recruit, named Medlinbas, the son of a farmer of the Pelennor fields, that would likes to enlist. Beee preparrrred to see him arrive relatively soon.

EDIT: He has come!... I hope Boromir doesn't mind if peddlers are creating works of his likeness and selling them for profit :P
    Last edited by Rivvy Elf; 06/Jun/2017 at 06:10 AM.
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Boromir
    Hahahahaha omg that slayed me! More lengthy responses next week when I have a computer again instead of only a phone!

About that, I am currently on vacation in Croatia and it is hard to rp on a phone when you are tired from bustling around all day xD so probably until the 12th or 13th!

Elder of Imladris
    , Boromir ebay chess piece. Probably what it looked like in Middle Earth too. Boromir probably is one of those unique-ultra-rare Gondor special chess pieces in which you have to capture him like 10 times in order to get him off the chess board.

Have fun in Croatia, Arnyn!
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Boromir
    Most excellent, Rivvy! 10 times at the LEAST, I'd say. *grins*

So, I'm back home! Will try to catch up soon!

Page of Ithilien
    Welcome back :)
    My eyes are finally back almost to normal, and I have been back to work without a break since I was cleared to do so. Today was my first day off in a while, which means I will try to get back to writing and addressing the backlog of posting I need to do...tomorrow.
    Karis Ziranphel, Captain of Gondor Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien
    Tirlyn Ithilphel of the Evendim hills

Scavenger of Mordor
    Well, I made a new troll character; is it fine for him to talk?

Page of Ithilien
    Tolkien's trolls talked, so I would imagine so. Likely depends on your setting.

Scavenger of Mordor
    He's an Olog-Hai, among the more intelligent breeds if I recall.

Elder of Imladris
    The Olog-Hai can only speak in the Black Tongue of Barad-dur, according to Appendix F. So if you write as an Olog-Hai in english (which I recommend), you must repeatedly make it abundantly clear in your exposition that he is speaking in the Black Speech, and not any other tongue.
    Last edited by Rivvy Elf; 07/Jul/2017 at 07:23 AM.

Master of Minas Tirith
    Finally after long absence did Hallas C. Pehwarin step into the hall looking around with his bright blue eyes his newly shaved head now serving as in prompt beacon of light as well as some laughter. He wore simple attire of a typical Gondorian nobleman and wondered if he'd been declared AWOL from the AOG since he as far as he still knew held the NCO rank of Sergeant. His deep baritone voice echoed out as he spoke aloud, "Anyone here or hiding in the corners of the hall?"
    Númenórean/ Sgt. Army of Gondor

Yavanna
    Hallas! Long time no see! How have you been?

Master of Minas Tirith
    Hey Pele it's been a crazy time I now have another nephew Ethan Ray Bekebrede who has turned 10 months old a real heart breaker for Mom, Grandmother, Aunts, female cousins.... Myself decided to check back in hopefully will be able to write up some thrilling posts for 2017. Wow whom holds the longest record of active plaza membership...

Elder of Imladris
    *pops up out of nowhere* I would love to see some of those thrilling posts, Hallas. Congrats on the arrival of the new family member!

Boromir
    Define active... Hey Hallas! Congraulations on your nephew! I've always liked the name Ethan!
    Sidenote: If you want to get your army stuff back on, I'd pop into HQ. You didn't complete the roll call prompts last year and honestly we haven't seen much of you since!

Master of Minas Tirith
    Thanks Rivvy and Arnyn for the replies definitely i will get a post this evening if my net stays up been having issues with signal holding long enough to place a post up.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Sure feels dead in Mordor.

Boromir
    yes, we won! :xd:

Elder of Imladris
    The Melkor character I'm playing in an RPG is very disappointed... :(

It's less quiet now :)
    Last edited by Rivvy Elf; Yesterday at 02:56 PM.