Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1126
    Boromir
    Is it extra-fast? :o

Messenger of Minas Tirith
    'Ello, first off a hearty and belated "so glad to see's you!!" glomp (I miss glomping, haven't glomped in ages!) to Arnyn and Morwen.

Second, I would sheepishly like to inform you lovelies that I may be MIA for a month-ish. Which makes me go like uuuughhhh because some of the RPs I'm in have been getting more active (but the last time I said I'm going MIA, I ended up posting more so we'll see haha). Either way, whenever you feel like posting, if my characters are ever blocking the action you have my full permission to move along plots in whatever way you see fit (just like, don't kill them, yeah? ;) )

See you in a few, folks! :)

Page of Ithilien
    Hey there folks! Good to see you all again. I've been reading to catch up, but this weekend is crazy busy with tasks. I HAVE to go work on my helmet today or I'll never make progress in finishing it, but I promise I will post tonight. (My time, not Europe time)
    Karis Ziranphel, Captain of Gondor Thűllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien
    Tirlyn Ithilphel of the Evendim hills

Boromir
    *Glomps Rana right back*
    Okidoki.. I hope it'll be like last time, and you'll still be posty-posty! Mehehehe...

Oooh, well well... Promises must be kept, Karis :D Holding you to this one!
    Arnyn Axinecelume ~ Always Hyandaner

Captain of Dol Amroth
    Hey all, hope you're having a lovely summer! I am headed out of town for a weekend camping trip-- won't have internet for a few days. See you on the flipside!

*glomps Rana back*
    Last edited by Morwen Daegomir; 08/Jul/2016 at 07:52 PM.

Boromir
    Stull on my way back from an SCA event (first ever), soi am returning to the connected world (no data or even reception at the site!).
    Cool event from Friday evening until Sunday morning. Nice people. Very "focused" and "into it"!

Captain of Dol Amroth
    Hey, Arnyn, how did the SCA event go? Sounds amazing! I'm back from camping, had a great time (although on the last night it poured and stormed all night and I ended up sleeping in a puddle of water, hahaha). Lots of hiking and canoeing and good ol' campfires.

Anyway, back to le posts!

Scavenger of Mordor
    Just a heads up for those playing, The Black Lands: Rebels, I'll be changing one of my character's names from, Lurinér to Kalenir.

Page of Ithilien
    I too was at a SCA event last weekend, and had so much fun that I have been flat exhausted all week recovering. My helmet isn't finished enough to fight in, but I do have the top of it completed. Rather than fighting this go-round, I taught leather braiding, retained for the Queen, and somehow managed to win a songwriting/performing challenge put on by the kingdom blacksmiths. I was happily surprised given that I wasn't expecting to win. Now I have a treasure trove of wrought iron implements, including a knife, cutlery set, chime, iron quill, and tripod/spit for the fire. Hoping to get to armoring tomorrow, but may write or do archery instead.
    Morwen - glad you had fun camping in the rain. I can't say I ended up sleeping after the rain started (we didn't get near as much as you did), because I had to pull my friend out of her hammock and stick her in my tent to dry off and stop shivering, and there is really only enough room for one person when the tent is full of armor and weapons.

Now to figure out post writing again. One at a time.

Boromir
    Yes, yes, one at a time is the way to go, Karis!

Page of Ithilien
    Please bear with me if I am slow to respond to posts. My cat just had hip surgery today, and the recovery period is going to be interesting.

Boromir
    Quick shout out to all (would-be-)baddies out there: Whoever feels like RP'ing some badass Haradrim and who wants to get into a scrap with some Rangers, can feel free to join in on the Hazards from Harad RP in the Neutral Lands of Ithilien thread. The idea is that Haradrim are showing up in force more and more often; travelling through Ithilien to get to Mordor or Osgiliath, and the Rangers have picked up on the increased activity and will try to cut them off before they can reach their destination, trying to engage the Haradrim near Emyn Arnen.

Page of Ithilien
    I just found out minutes ago that one of the female fighters from my local SCA group took her own life last night. I didn't go to practice since I was elsewhere working on armoring, so I don't know if being there would have made a difference or when it happened. She was one of the "No-bros" named after Tolkien's "I am no man" line, and as such was my shield sister, although I did not know her besides practice.
    I will be going to the Baronial meeting tonight in part to grieve with others who knew her, so my posting will be somewhat delayed.

If any of you are going through struggles please feel free to reach out to me here or on facebook. Life can be very tough, but I hope that none of you reach the crisis of wanting to take your own life. Please, please reach out if you do. I will be there to listen.

Doorwarden of the Mark
    I am so sorry, Karis. I have lost people who took their own life. The pain is deep because you always wonder... what if I had done this or that... would it have made a difference? I am sorry for the loss of life andespising future and the emotional pain she must have been im.
    "Let me be chosen...to stay behind and mind the house while others win renown. So they’ll find food and beds when they return."

Boromir
    That is very sad news, and something I would not wish on anyone. I feel very sorry for her and for the loved ones she left behind... I hope they find some kind of solace, and that she herself may have found peace.

Yavanna
    So sorry to hear this, Karis. It is very sad that she had lost all hope to find a solution other than such an extreme one... :(

17. Karis, I just saw this and wanted to say I am tremendously sorry for your loss. To lose anyone that you know is painful and confusing. I hope that you, her family and friends, and your group can find comfort in good memories of her and help each other work through this grief.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Anyone still playing Rebels?

Sam
    Yes, me and Sil, I believe. Give us some time, Troy. I know RL can be impatient .
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

New Soul
    Sorry Troy. Entirely my fault. I've been finding it hard to read the posts on my mobile but I will haul my laptop out and do it now!

Contra Vires Mordoris Nulla Quit Esse Victoria!

Scavenger of Mordor
    Sil, no need to apologize. ^^

I just hope Bandar, Blade, Morwen and Ercassie can join in as well.
    Last edited by Troigan; 15/Aug/2016 at 04:32 AM.

New Soul
    On holiday for 2 weeks so may not be around much!

Contra Vires Mordoris Nulla Quit Esse Victoria!

Tulkas
    I've been away for so long time so there's little chance that I'll find 'easy' way to jump back in. So can't promise anything, I'll have a looksee.

Sam
    Maybe you can RP arriving in the Old Bone and joining the battle, ​Day? I'm working on my reply right now
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

Tulkas
    I might be able to post later tonight. It requires some time to forget Tulkas and get into uruk-mode.

I had to make you my sidekick..Batman had Robin, Frodo had Sam. Daywalker just needs Nightrunner..

Sam
    This is great, Day! I shall be your loyal sidekick, Lord Tulkas... although Frodo might get offended if his Sam goes over to being Tulkas's faithful helper... I'm hoping to post a Rebels reply very soon.

<EDIT: Take a look at my new sig>
    Last edited by Nolewen; 22/Aug/2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

27. Meanwhile, Frodo is like, "Dude, our bromance is over?"
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 22/Aug/2016 at 02:15 PM.
    "There is no / Life I know / To compare with pure imagination."

Sam
    Aig - ! I was thinking the same thing... guess Sam decided to go with the strong guy
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

29. FINE! I'll go find a new best friend, OKAY?! He won't leave me either 'cuz I got him on a leash to make sure *

Tulkas
    Just to make Aig feel included..enjoy being Derek Hale..almost made you Peter but good side of me won ;)

Sam
    I see we're back to playing with the ranks, Day...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

32. I'm reveling in my glorious brooding nature right now, Day! I will never forget this momentous point in my Plaza career when I became one of my favorite Alphas.

You should make Cassie Peter Hale, she loves that guy.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 22/Aug/2016 at 03:18 PM.

Page of Ithilien
    Hey folks. I am down in Madison for the weekend and am away from my computer. Posting on my smartphone is rather tedious, so although I love reading your posts, I likely will not reply to those that pertain to me until I get home again.

Tulkas
    Are you bored to your rank already Aig?

35. Not at all, Day! I love being Derek Hale.

Boromir
    Lovely :D

Page of Ithilien
    Posting has been rather fun the last couple weeks, even if I am still slow and only managing a thread or two at a time. Just wanted to acknowledge that some of our plaza folk are in the path of the hurricane that swung through the Caribbean, and is now heading up the US coast. Praying for safety.

Boromir
    Stay safe, everyone.

Sam
    What Arnyn said. Stay safe, and hopefully the hurricane will cause no damage!
    Last edited by Nolewen; 07/Oct/2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Elder of Imladris
    Whenever I see the name, Brian, this is who I imagine:

Page of Ithilien
    That works to a certain extent, but think neat and clean and orderly instead of ragged and unkempt.

Boromir
    And just slightly, EVER so slightly, too unathletic for a LT....

Elder of Imladris
    so a little more like this then:

Knight of the Mark
    G'day to all! How are my fav peeps? What is new around here? I heard rumours of a fair and a possible dunking of the glorious Captain General Boromir. I shall have a stroll and see what's up. Beren is Aragorn? And such a handsome King you make my friend

Boromir
    Stuff's cool, cool cool cool, Valanna. But answering your question might take a while, depending on what you last saw! Take a look around and in case you have other questions, I'll be here anyway.

Yes, you may dunk Boromir at the Summer Fair.. You might be the first one who is bold enough! Go for it, I say!

Gwaihir
    Hello Naira, good to see you back! I am fine, the news? Some of us, regular members, have become temporate moderators. And there has been a recent election for admins, which promoted Pele Alarion among to admin. But for the rest I wouldn't know.

Arnyn: At some other level I could mean something for Ithilien, or Gondor. Or another area?

Boromir
    Ohhh Valanna is Naira! Haaaaaaaa! HEYA!

Aiks, hey, my main concern is that people who are posting around here are actually enjoying it... so... if something appeals to you, join in. If it doesn't, then that's fine, too!

Knight of the Mark
    yeah tis only me don'tcha know? New age, new name, new identity. Thanks for the welcome back and hey its great to see you too Aik!

Dunking Boromir is almost too precious to ignore, hehe...

Thranduil
    Quote Originally Posted by Välanna View Post
    Dunking Boromir is almost too precious to ignore, hehe...
    I first read that as drunking Boromir... *hides the tankard of ale behind my back*
    Last edited by Dinledhwen; 18/Oct/2016 at 06:28 PM.

Boromir
    Drunking Boromir might be fun, too...

Boromir
    I am poking the crickets.

Scavenger of Mordor
    poke.

Yavanna
    *releases another bucketload of crickets*

Boromir
    HAHAHAHA OMG PELE!

Yavanna
    What else was left for me to do? Needed a break from work, but no posts on my list, so... silliness is what ensues.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Okay, I'm on break now. Anyone needs me to post something in one of the RPs?

Yavanna
    Hello, Troy. Errr... SL could use a post or two, else it is very quiet lately. Though I'm not sure what thread you'd find interesting to write in?

Scavenger of Mordor
    I could always type something in Rebels.

Sam
    Which of the Admins do we have to thank for the beautiful new SL Area headers? I only noticed them now...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Yavanna
    Ha, Nole! At least you did notice. It was an admin who was awfully plaza-bored because for a long time her posts-to-write list contained 0 items. I wondered if I could do crazy stuff and people would not even be aware of it.

Sam
    Yes, I assumed it was you, Pele. Though I think you've been inspired by our Melkor... next thing we know, you'll be painting the Shire pink! Is there anything I can do to help you fill your post-to-write list? Any SL adventure you've been planning and need an RP companion? I haven't played around here in a while...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Page of Ithilien
    Sorry for the long silence folks. Life has had me slammed with work this past month. My manager left at the beginning of our busiest season, and we got a new one. I was also hired on short notice for a new part time job that starts next week, so that has been rushed. All good, but hard to fit in breathing and sleep time, let alone plaza writing. I will try to get started again here soon.

Yavanna
    Nole, don't tempt me, or you might find a pink Shire one day. As for posting, I've simply taken to writing random posts in any possible thread in MT, but it would surely be fun to cook up some adventure or other.

Karis, don't you dare work too much! That's a nice recipe to run into health problems, I've found. Too much of a workaholic myself.

Page of Ithilien
    I'm not exactly working too much, but it has been more than I could sustain many leasure activities. Taking a week of vacation to go visit Arnyn and see a bunch of current and former plaza folk. Might not be exactly restful, but I look forward to the break. If there is time in airports, I will write.
    Welcome to newer faces I haven't met yet!

Boromir
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay visitors rooooooooooooooooooock!
    How am I still Boromir?! I've been very MIA with moving and getting married and everything in December and January.

Yavanna
    Well, not much has changed since then, Nyn. You could still manage to wreak some havoc as Boromir, if you like.

Boromir
    Except that now I'm Boromir with a ring of power. Uh oh. Spells trouble.

Sam
    Congratulations on getting married, Arnyn!

*Sam smiles mischievously after managing to trick Boromir into believing his new ring was the Ring. This way Boromir won't bother Master Frodo again...*
    Last edited by Nolewen; 04/Feb/2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Boromir
    Good job, Sam :D

Thanks, Nole!!!

Merchant of Minas Tirith
    *pokes head in*

Boromir
    *bites head off* Oh no, wait, that's minion stuff...

Merchant of Minas Tirith
    Does anyone remember me? I haven't been in here for ages but just this past day or so it has been so much fun to poke my head back in and look around and see some familiar faces still here! It's a rather nostalgic feeling.

Yavanna
    Ballin, if you come back I promise to use all of the healing skills I possess to sew your head back on after Arnyn's nasty bite. Good to see you looking in!

Merchant of Minas Tirith
    Well I'm going to need them after that! I remember Arnyn being much more agreeable before ;)

Page of Ithilien
    Hey Ballin! You look familiar. Welcome!

Boromir
    Hahaha, Ballin

Yes, come have fun with us!

Gwaihir
    Ballin, yes I remember you and it's good to see you back!

Villager of Bree
    Hi guys!

Scavenger of Mordor
    Pokes

Sam
    Beautiful new banners, Pele! (Am I right in suspecting you're responsible for them?)
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Yavanna
    Ah, Nole, they are Pellaadarion's work and are not new at all. The thing is... I thought I had saved links of the ones we had before the silly stuff, but it is very possible that I didn't even save the document with the links - still haven't found 'em. Luckily Pell hasn't removed these from his photobucket, so I could take off the silly holiday ones finally and replace them with something reasonable.

Sam
    They're still quite pretty... *wonders if a certain bored admin would perhaps be interested in messing things up in Eriador, and how the said Region should be carefully protected*
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Yavanna
    *shrugs and tends to her windowsill garden* Radishes need more space...

Page of Ithilien
    Hi folks. Sorry I haven’t been posting the last few days. I have house guests, and this weekend has been spent away from my computer. Driving home this afternoon via Duluth, so perhaps the woods and water will provide sufficient inspiration to write come evening.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi folks. Sorry I haven’t been posting the last few days. I have house guests, and this weekend has been spent away from my computer. Driving home this afternoon via Duluth, so perhaps the woods and water will provide sufficient inspiration to write come evening.

Scavenger of Mordor
    May I suggest, a Harad based RP?

Boromir
    You definitely may... What are you thinking?

Yavanna
    *pokes head in to investigate*

Oh, I'm a bit in a swirl of forest-adventures and teaching-adventures, but will get back to posting possibly this weekend. Or, as soon as I get a bit of time for such leisure.... At any rate plaza is interfering with my thoughts and when teaching I said 'Wilderland' instead of 'wilderness'.

Counsellor of Elrond
    Having a little look-see to find out what's happening around the kingdoms/regions. Findy has moved to Rivendell (where her mother was born and raised). I've changed her character slightly (even though we've moved back in time, she's aged a bit and has a family), but still have some NPC's up her sleeves that may show up to play in MT at some point. It's been fun meeting old friends again (it's like trying on a favorite old pair of boots - the new ones look lovely, but the old ones still feel comfortable). I'm still just finding my way around and trying to remember how things work - dipping my feet in the water to see if I can still swim! Oh, and I kept all of those famous old cliparts.
    asëa aranion / kingsfoil / athelas
    Come athelas! Come athelas! Life to the dying, in the king's hand lying!

Scavenger of Mordor
    Maybe a jungle adventure?!

Boromir
    Hey Findy! Yes, come and play with some NPCs, then! :p

Troy, then you are thinking about something way down in Far Harad? It sounds like something fun and original (at least, I haven't done that before). I'm guessing that would be an Umbar RPG then? (It would be very surprising to see any Gondorians making it that far without either getting killed or shipwrecked by corsairs )

Scavenger of Mordor
    Arnyn, yeah somewhere more tropical and with more wildlife, I figured that's where the Műmakil came from; and yeah it'd likely be Umbar since that's closest to Haradwaith than Gondor or Mordor. (If not Gondorians, it could just be a minions RPG)

Page of Ithilien
    Today is a day for mourning, for yesterday one of our own passed on over the seas. We knew him here as Maldir Alarion. Warrior, farmer, poet, and wordsmith. He had to step back from our community when he began the battle with cancer, but he has been sorely missed in our midst. He left an indelible mark on our lives, and I wanted to acknowledge that here where he brightened the plaza time of many. There is an ooc thread, but I wanted to mention it here where he was our companion for so long.

Thief of Mordor
    Maldir? wow yes I know him by that name :( sorry to hear that

Scavenger of Mordor
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Page of Ithilien
    Hello friends. Sorry for being absent the last couple weeks. My brother was visiting from Europe, and since he left I have been dealing with an eye injury that is slow to heal and makes electronics use a bit painful. I will try to reply as soon as possible, but it may be a short wait. Thank you for your patience.

Sam
    I hope your eye will heal quickly, Karis.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

97. Smile Hail and well met fellow travellers

To be honest, I'm not sure if I registered years ago and forgot or if I really am shiny and new to this site. I hope it's the latter for two reasons:
    • Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and
    • It would be nice to be young again.

You may well have encountered me over the years on other sites. If character names such as Elora Starsong, Rosmarin of Cardolan, Naiore Dannan, Lochared of Dunland, Freja Fireborn ring a bell, then that's me. Guilty as charged.

In determining my name, given someone had kindly registered earlier under my usual avatar (I really am flattered), I couldn't figure out whether it should be the Best or the Worst Elora so I compromised and went with Original.

My approach to writing/RPGing has evolved, as one might hope. I used to be quite revisionist (though multiverses were always a bridge too far by my measure), but I have modified. I now cleave to cannon, or rather raid it. Delving between the recorded lore to pull up interesting nuggets for story arcs, characters and so forth. One day I just might start work on the Invisible Wives and Mothers of Middle Earth, but for now I'm working on a Kinstrife RPG with my partner in life and crime alike: Hanasian.

Thusly I say hail and well met my fellow travellers.

Yavanna
    Karis, how is your eye doing?

Elora, welcome to the plaza and the Shadowed Lands! I hope you will find something of interest around here and make some friends in the process. :)

Sam
    Welcome to the Plaza, Elora! Hail and well met indeed, fellow traveler.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    Welcome, Elora. Hope to see your characters near The Land of Shadow soon.