Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Troy Pics

Scavenger of Mordor

Troy Pics

These are some of my pictures, some of which I posted on Deviantart and Tumblr.

And here is one of them.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 08/May/2013 at 10:26 PM.

Gwaihir
    Hey Troy: Welcome to the Plaza and in the Cottage. I like very much the third picture of Gandalf lifting his head in greet. Nice also how you took him on front and from aside. You got a steady sure hand in drawing. Thanks for sharing this.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, I borrowed Disney and Chuck Jones for Influence, if he were animated in The 60's/ Here's one Semi-Colored.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 09/May/2013 at 10:34 PM.

Gwaihir
    Hey Troy: Aww with colour he becomes lively and more 3D like too. Just if he could step now from the paper and be real. Keep going on and love to see more of your work. Thanks for sharing this impression.

Scavenger of Mordor

This was supposed to have a couple horsemen behind him, as he rode of from Morgul.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 11/May/2013 at 02:41 AM.

Gwaihir
    Troy: a great image of Witchking. The erased vague shapes gives the illusions the king is moving over the picture, if you close the eyes a bit, meaning he is almost alive. Horses are good and nice creatures, but even in LOTR they are evil ones. I can hear him coming. Brrr. I am looking out for more.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, now anyone else have any thoughts?

Royal Counsellor of the Mark
    Great sketches, Troy are you going to be colouring all of them? I think the middle Gandalf is my favourite, probably because I have so much trouble drawing profiles well *g* and I like that wise but kind look he has. The Witchking is very nice as well, even his horse looks evil. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Scavenger of Mordor

A warg rider from the Misty Mountains...I think I may have him him look more like a young native american. D

Captain of Dol Amroth
    Troy- Welcome, welcome, welcome! Great to have you here, and jumping in to share you work with us so quickly!

These are some great pieces! I love the Gandalf sketches, first off-- so much expression in all three. And I love the nose. Gives the drawings so much personality! And the difference in your lines and strokes in the second one gives it such a different (more stark and harsh, cold and clipped) feel-- very appropriate for the change in subject matter. Very intense.

As for the last-- I find the warg kind of beautiful-- as for his rider, once I saw your comment on making him look more like a young Native American; now I keep seeing him as such! A very interesting style for the creatures in question; but I like it! I love seeing new takes and perspectives on things.

I look forward to more!

Gwaihir
    Hello Troy: An exciting motion in the drawing from the warg, seems to be frozen in the moment he walks. His rider doesn't look friendly at all and joins his mount is the same sense of mood. So an orc creature is. I don't recognise right-away an indigenous American, but I am sure of what you say. You got a good hand with drawing. Thanks for sharing your work!

Scavenger of Mordor
    My first Death Battle meme

My first Demovator poster (2nd to one with a panda)

Gwaihir
    Hello Troy: I see you made two posters. I believe it is violent battle between the headless horseman and the Witchking, a fight going on by two almost immortal characters. Well put together.

As the second that one is more my favourite. How foul that warg stares at me. My elven character Aikári would run from it and shoot dead. Cool underscript you chose with the picture! Thanks for sharing them *g*

Scavenger of Mordor

An early attempt of mine to draw my own incarnations of Ungoliant and Thuringwethil from The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

For Ungoliant, I pictured her in her maia form as a raggy, with strong woman figure. Her eyes where the white around the retinas is would be dark, leaving the a clear eye color and pupil to still give her and insectoid feel. Note that the color of her upper cloth or shirt round the neck is shaped somewhat like a spider or a bug; and that her messy, dangly hair is made to look like the creepy crawly legs of an arachnid with the pinchers or sideways beak included.

Thuringwethil, in her Maiar form would be smaller and younger, yet still fairly athletic . I thought he hair style should look somewhat vampiric since she can take the form of a bat, but I couldn't quite figure out how it should look or how to draw it. I also gave her more cat-like eyes and non-primate mammalian ears to again match her looks to that of a vampire; but also the hair around her ears are to look like sideburns or the mane of a wolf since Where she resides is in Tol-In-Gaurhoth, The Isle of Werewolves. For reference I used Kitty Pryde/ Shadowcat from The X-men, as well as Thorn, lead singer of The Hex Girls from Scooby-Doo. Also, I did not intend at all to have her look like Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers if that's what everybody is thinking...Although I can't help but feel that it's there.

The side-view for ungoliant I am proud of, but not that for Thuringwethil...I tried to simplify it and have her profile match her front and quater view as attractively as I can but it came out silly

Gwaihir
    Troy: Oh wow, I never imagined a female elven shape for Ungoliant. As for Thuringwhethil the same. This is quite a surprise for me and asks to broaden my views upon two evil presences I never stuck really more thought in. It's challenge. I think the flow of your imagination created something unique on paper concerning these characters. You're right, as Maiar they have/had also their fair shapes before they were corrupted. Like Sauron and Melkor had too. Couple of interesting women they are proving to be. Thanks for these impressions!

Scavenger of Mordor
    In this valley there lived creatures of an older world that lingered in forgotten mountains, cold beneath the moon and in hideous eyrie bred this last untimely brood. The Dark Lord took it, and nursed it with fell meats, until it grew beyond the measure of all other things that fly, and he gave it to his most deadly servants to be their steeds.

Another ink drawing I've been meaning to try. I'm still kinda new at adding detail to scenery but I'll get the hang of it eventually, also something about my outlines and shades just doesn't seem right so whatever is wrong with it I'll fix that to.

Anyway, Here in Mordor is where the fell beasts (Nazgul Birds) which the ringwraiths ride on make their home. A valley to the east of, Gorgoroth, Mount-Doom, and The Tower of Sauron in Bara-Dur. I've tried to stick to Tolkein's description of a bird-like animal while still retaining the; "Peter Jackson Touch" mostly with influence from pterosaurs (Pterodactyls) like pteranodon or the azhdarchids.

The influences include a beak, a crest, and the wings. Even thou Tolkein said that the wings are like a bat's...well okay, maybe in those not those exact words but in his own way; "vast pinions were as webs of hide between horned fingers", while pterosaurs wings have only one finger, what we must remember thou is that back then paleontology was not very understood, especially by the general public. So from time to time (Even Today) pterosaurs have been depicted as having hairless bat-like bodies, even if not that often people's imagination can still get mislead and have people thinking what prehistoric animals in general may have looked like in bizar ways. In other words; Had we learned more about dinosaurs and other extinct beasts like we do today, Tolkein would know what he's doing and get it right. And, as a creature of "The Older World" I knew that the author was indeed referring to a pterosaur, or atleast some pterodactyl-like animal, and as a paleo-nerd that's why I gave it proper wings.

Also, I used influence from the Dromaeosaurids (theropod dinosaurs like the velociraptor), for the length of the main trunks of their bodies and for their tails So that the wing membrane is attached to the hip-area rather than the tail or legs). For the beak alone, I borrowed influence from the "Phorusrhacids" (Terror Birds) but lengthened it to give it a more "Pterosaur-eqsue Feel" and even added teeth like, "Icthyornis and Hesperornis".

And the over all skeletal build and anatomy of large flying birds, particularly of the order Cathartidae (New World Vultures like Condors). That goes for hollow bones, an air-sack breathing system in their lungs, and bones above and below their chests, which are crucial for flight. (Something that pterosaurs have had to, as well as non-avian dinosaurs) And again, the wings are attached to the hips instead of the tails or legs, and speaking of legs, the overall design of their legs, including their feet with toes (Talons) is inspired by those of eagles and owls.

So guys tell me what you think, remember if there's something wrong with it that's fine, tell me what it is and I'll work on it.

The Lord of The Rings ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

PS. Did you know; "Fell" means, "Terrible"?

Scavenger of Mordor

Since no one has commented in a while, I thought I'd just add a couple new pics.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 21/Jun/2013 at 08:26 PM.

Captain of Dol Amroth
    Hey Troy! About time I popped in here again.

First off, interesting visualizations of Ungoliant and Thuringwethil. I also really liked seeing the picture you created of the beasts (more specifically Nazgul's mounts) -- and the background information on how different ideas were incorporated through both Tolkien's original thoughts and Jackson's adaptations. I really enjoy having further reading and information on pieces of work, to see how they have been influenced.

Look forward to more!

-Morwen

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thank you, now here's another one.

"Green things fell sick and rotted,
    Rivers were choked with weeds and slime,
    Fens were made rank and poisonous, the breeding place of flies;
    Forests grew dark and perilous, the haunts of fear;
    And Beasts became monsters of horn and ivory and dyed the earth red with blood." Quentar Silmarillion

I had no idea how to draw this, I mean I could imagine it but I could not figure out how to draw it. I wanted to draw lots of plants, show the weeds and slime, more trees, and more animals but I couldn't.

Anyway, this is a scene from The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien; when Melkor/Morgoth corrupted Arda and turned what the rest of the Valar had made into a black joke.

Wolf-Friend of Goblin-Town
    warg rider - the rider has got pointy ears, can't get more middle-earthish than that, right? no. ok. great drawing anyways.

I knew the Mumakil were big, but never had such a clear view of their dimensions. until now.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, now here's the colored version of my strip on "Arda Marred"

Scavenger of Mordor

A new OC I made up for one of the Role-Playing Games here. Here name is Adrial and she is a descendent of Thuringwethil.

You've done a very good job on Adrial Troy, she's very pretty. You must have had lots of fun role playing her. The colored version of the strip on Arda Marred looks good too; very original and creative .

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, although I haven't played as her yet, then again I question as whether I should rp as a female, let alone a vampire in the third age.

Gwaihir
    Hello Troy: You have drawn a very nice elf on the computer. Her character mirrors well in her face. I am sorry I haven't come by for some time. What I like very much is the elephant as well. And great that scene from the Silmarillion. You have a good imaginations and interesting drawing style. Thanks for sharing!

Scavenger of Mordor

My first picture of Smaug, in which thanks to my faulty memory of just watching the 2nd Hobbit movie I drew him like how he does not look.

Seriously thou what color is he?!

"There he lay, a vast red-golden dragon, fast asleep; thrumming came from his jaws and nostrils, and wisps of smoke, but his fires were low in slumber." (JRR Tolkien, The Hobbit)

I would say you did a pretty good job, also with the colors.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, but as for the design I still can't seem to draw his head horns right. Anyway, here is my thought of what a female balrog might look like.

I dare you to role play her in the pub in Mordor, not that there's much space left in there on account of that dragon.

The drawing looks pretty good bytheway. A few more flames around her and she would look the part.

Scavenger of Mordor
    LOL well bare in mind Acragaur is not as big as Smaug, in fact he's only just about a meter or so taller than an Olog-Hai.

And yeah thanks, thou I kinda forgot to add winds to her.

Messenger of the Lone Lands
    Wouldn't that be something?

An elf, a dragon, and balrog walk into a pub...

There is some disagreement, though, about whether balrogs have wings. I'm fairly certain there is a long and illustrious thread concerning the subject somewhere in the Lore forums.

Scavenger of Mordor
    And speaking of Balrogs and Dragons...

Here are Gothmog and Glaurung.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaldur View Post
    An elf, a dragon, and balrog walk into a pub...
    It would have to be a hell of a pub... with emphasis on hell.

I like Gothmog with crossed hands... it looks as if Glaurung whispers something to him and he's like:
    "Don't give a damn! You hurt my feelings. Go away."

Scavenger of Mordor

This is the one thing that I am bewildered by for most of the interpretations of Glaurung; The Dragon.

It's been stated that he crawled on his belly, dragging his weight over a cliff...a cliff!

And because of that people drew him as these.

ullakko.deviantart.com/art/The…
    donatoarts.deviantart.com/art/…
    mattleese87.deviantart.com/art…
    devilkais.deviantart.com/art/M…
    aautio.deviantart.com/art/WIP-…
    www.deviantart.com/art/The-Dwa…
    images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__c…
    images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__c…

And I'm sure there's more but case and point...pictures like these (Especially the first one) really make me empathize and even sympathize for Glaurung, like he's another school kid who doesn't want to miss out on a field trip.

How could a dragon, of all creatures move, or let alone support his weight with his limbs splayed like a salamander; particularly if the limbs are small, and that the trunk of the body is long?

I drew him like that too, but after seeing these pictures again, I just knew it would be sorrowfully hilarious for him.

Also, the part where it said he did was only during his fight with, Turin from ,The Children of Hurin, up on a rocky outcrop, so that would have made more sense since he would have done so more like a cat than a lizard (Which those pic have him look more like).

But that's just me, so what do your thoughts?

Crawling on his belly like a pinguin? He must have had a very thick skin on his belly then, and maybe also very smooth? It's pretty cool the way you draw Glaurung though going upwards sweating. This would make an interesting topic for the lore fora I dare say.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Cool, I'd like to see a conversation on that.

The Dragon you see is not Smaug (Thou he can be) he is Glaurung, the first dragon of middle-earth; he is wingless thus he cannot fly so he's like a fire-breathing dinosaur kind of, also I think I may have made his eyes too big, so big he looks like a Dr. Seuss creation, even more than he does disney or don bluth--anyway..

The Next two is Melkor/Morgoth, the evil Valar, and First Dark Lord (Yep, this was before Sauron) with Ungoliant the giant spider (In Humanoid Form) who was the ancestor to Shelob in the lord of the rings and the spawn of Mirkwood in "The Hobbit". This scene is based off a picture of The Joker and Harley Quinn made by Alex Ross and this is supposed to take place during the "Darkening of Valinor" as the two killed the two trees that were like living lamps for Arda.

I should also note that the Melkor you see here is based off the one in those "Angband-Style" drawings.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 06/Jan/2014 at 07:22 PM.

Cool drawings Troy, Glaurung looks quite the part with that evil look in his eyes and those sharp teeth. Melkor and Ungoliant make a nice couple I suppose, they're probably compatible considering they're both evil.

Scavenger of Mordor

Thanks. Now here's another OC for role-playing! This is Maurwen and he will be based around Minas Morgul, Dol Guldur, and/or Angmar.

Gwaihir
    Hello Troy, happy new year still! I see you have been busy, and sorry I haven't come by. It's really cool to your drawings about Gothmog and Glaurung and your idea about Melkor and his maiden. Thanks for sharing these!

Is Maurwen a girl name or a boy name? I have to think about a girl's name, bacause of 'wen' at the end. Sorry to say this. A real nice drawing of him and that moody expression on his face.
    Last edited by Lady Aikári; 06/Jan/2014 at 07:33 PM.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Hmm... You know "Maurwen was going to be a boy, but... now I'm not so sure.

Anyway here is my first ever pic of an Uruk-Hai and a Minotaur... key word being "First"

key word being "First" It would have to be, the uruk-hai looks way too humanoid and the sword looks more like a chilli pepper.
    I'm just busting your chops, both the Uruk-hai and the Minotaur are nicely drawn and with quite a bit of detail; nice work.
    Last edited by Finn; 07/Jan/2014 at 10:27 AM.

Scavenger of Mordor

And here is my first Haradrim... actually my first "Colored" Haradrim... again it's a first.

Scavenger of Mordor

An OC of a friend on Deviantart which I drew as an art trade. She goes by the name "Darka117" you should check her out, she's a pretty dang good artist.

New Soul
    Hi! Loved perusing through the thread! I must disagree with you about your Glaurung's eyes (the hand drawing) as I thought they were perfectly proportioned--it gave him a lot of personality. I'm also loving the idea of a humanoid Ungoliant with the bangs being leggish and the webbing design in the dress! Very nicely done!

Scavenger of Mordor

My first original picture of Melkor/Morgoth from The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien... and I don't like it.

I thought I'd make the eyes scary but they look kinda cartoony, and I thought I'd give him a beard: Big Hilarious Mistake, and the skin color especially doesn't help.

I don't think I made his shoulder wide enough either. The Silmarilis on his crown are okay thou, kinda wish they were better looking too... that and the Helmet/Crown.

The only thing I do like is the color scheme, and the design for the hammer Grond, what with the double ended wolf head since the wolf headed battering ram that broke the gates of Minas Tirith during the Siege of Gondor was named after it... then again as well as name the ram may have also been based on one of his wolves, that screams "Draugluin" or "Carcharoth" to me, so yeah Sauron's battering ram named after a hammer and shaped like a wolf... kinda makes perfect sense now that think about that way.

Originally, it was going to be Thuringwethil, The Vampire Woman of Shadow; but when I decided to add a crown and started drawing it I thought... "Hey this gives me an idea" so yeah, from there I started drawing Morgoth as a woman.

And you know what... I kinda like the over armor, color scheme, and facial features here more than with the other drawing, just make it into a dude (Minus the beard, but still retaining the long hair) and it's a perfect look.

I still could'a stuck with Thuringwethil thou, but considering the first pic... it's still better. Hehe, who knows maybe that's her cosplaying as her master.

Scavenger of Mordor

Another mumakil, which I am only half pleased with creating. This is my interpretation of what it looks like; mixing modern african and asian elephants with hints of prehistoric species like the columbian mammoth, as well as some indricotherium/sauropod dinosaur based anatomy as well.

Scavenger of Mordor

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Tolkien, thou it was loosely inspired by a cover for Children of Hurin by Alan Lee.
    I might make up my own original story with that.

New Soul
    Nice clear lines and proportions. What medium do you tend to use for your art? Some are obviously pencil like the last one (probs my favourite) but the more cartoon style ones look computer coloured, so do you use a tablet or something?

Contra Vires Mordoris Nulla Quit Esse Victoria!

Scavenger of Mordor
    In response to the latter, I don't generally use my tablet all the time, so most computer drawings I do via illustrator free-handed. Secondly in regards to the first, because I draw in pencil with a hand I have more control over how I draw something hence why my computer drawings look like something outu'va kids book.

Now here's Glaurung chilling at a hookah lounge, it was my first hookah related drawing so I didn't know hookah properly looked like then; which was sad since my dad owns a hookah bar himself.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 28/Jan/2014 at 10:06 AM.

Well I did imagine dragons having their own interests (thinks of Smaug probably getting bored to death that entire amount of time while guarding his treasure) but I must say I never really thought of them as being hookah-lovers.

Looks very creative and inventive; I like it. *nods*

Scavenger of Mordor

And here is Draugluin, the Father of Werewolves.

Mind you I drew him in Illustrator, thus he looks more like a tex avery cartoon character so if the man behind Middle-Earth were still here to see this, he would likely be shaking his head in disapproval.

But design flaw aside, there's also the coloring, I had to make additional outlines in Photoshop to seperate the colors while still adding harmony, if you look closely.

But hey, it's here now so... meh, no point to continue complaining.

Scavenger of Mordor

Just an old sketch from way back when. Something clearly lot Middle-Earth or Tolkien related, but I just thought I'd ad it in here for (No pun intended) laughs.
    Last edited by Troy Troodon; 04/Feb/2014 at 10:00 AM.

Scavenger of Mordor

Something or someone I might use as reference for an original character. I think "Shreikah", "Shreikah" or "Shirkah" is a good name.

Scavenger of Mordor

Another technically nothing Tolkien-based drawing from a long way's back, but he is influenced from something you might remember.

Troy - Thanks for sharing! I'm going to hazard a guess at some influence from the Witch-King, perhaps, or the Mouth of Sauron?

Scavenger of Mordor
    Well not the Witch-King exactly, but surely Nazgul to an extent.

This is my first drawing in Illustrator.

Scavenger of Mordor

So this is my OC, Uthurg. As you can see I clearly am not good at drawing orcs in my Illustrator program.

Gwaihir
    Hello Troy, I haven't been some time in here, but see you have progressed really in creating digital drawings. I liked very much what I saw. Keep on going and surprise us.

The orc looks pretty good though, his gaze looks somehow saddened, but that gives him personality. Can I ask what kind of program is this Illustrator and can you recommend it? I'm looking for a drawing program for myself. Havent't really found anything quite satisfactory so far unfortunately.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Illustrator is a drawing/painting program from Adobe. Unlike Photoshop the drawing technique is not as messy when drawing with just your mouse/touch pad, however without a tablet it's still not in your control.

A scrap drawing for my story on the Lotrplaza forum that involves my OC Maurwen. Next to him is the orc, Uthurg, and Jaldur, the Avari elf who serves Mordor (Not My Character. I intend to put other characters but as you can tell but my penciling it's not very good, so I may have to find someone else to re-draw it... or I could re-draw it myself in Illustrator.

Anyone else who wants his/her character in my story, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Troy Troodon; 23/Feb/2014 at 06:00 AM.

The latest additions are all very well done, Troy! I like Uthurg, though I am also partial to Jaldur, of course. Do you plan on transferring any of these drawings to Illustrator, or will you leave them as they are?

Scavenger of Mordor
    I plan on doing so, if no one else offers to do so for me.

My OC again.

You can have a crack at my half-orc character, called Finnghluk, if you like. I think this is a pretty awesome idea and I look forward to seeing what you've drawn. It doesn't really matter what or how you draw, as long as you draw something- I'm sure I'll like it. *nods* Let me know if you need/want additional information about Finnghluk, otherwise, good luck and have fun drawing!

Scavenger of Mordor
    Sure, give me a full description of what he looks like and I might add him up.

And here's my oc digitally re-drawn and colored. Although I'm not too please with the the thickness of the outlines, or for that matter the coloring it's self.

I think it is well done, Troy. You have quite the talent with Illustrator!

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, Nahal.

Another drawing of my other oc way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Troodon View Post
    Sure, give me a full description of what he looks like and I might add him up.
    Even I don't know exactly how he looks like, you can draw him pretty much anyway you like and if you like. He's pretty much the only character I have in Mordor that doesn't have a "face", a personality, yes, but not a face.

Scavenger of Mordor
    That's cryptic, but interesting.

My OC again in his Wizard-esque dressing.

Scavenger of Mordor

Another old drawing from when Belariand was... D

Anyway this is something I'b been concepting for when I get to hand drawn animation.

I quite like your study in motion, Troy! Nice work, my friend.

Scavenger of Mordor

A work in progress of what armed and armored orc women might look like. For the design of the armor I looked at the armory from the Peter Jackson films as well as looking at the artwork of John Howe and Alan Lee.

I even took reference from some of my online chaps at Deviantart.

Scavenger of Mordor

Just a quick sketch of some kid walkin' down the the street. (If there is one)

This may sound pretentious, self-righteous, or hypocritical... but I sometimes tend to think that (For the most part) children are more adult/reasonable/pure than some adults are, since adults always say don't take drugs/alcohol, don't say swear words, respect people's privacy and personal space, and don't kill... which are things that grown ups do anyway.

However all the grown ups who are killers and perverts are the minority not the rule, and saying profanity and/or smoking and drinking by themselves do not define a bad person by nature.

I must also always remember that almost all kids don't stoop to that level they can still be jerks; they lie, they steal, they hurt other people and break things intentionally, they shout and demand and don't share, they torture small animals... I could go on but I think I made my case.

Yeah I have this very crossed since of morality and philosophy when it comes to comparing grown-ups to kids.

Well anyway, I might make a character out of this boy some time.

Master of the Lone Lands
    Excellent work Troy!

The kid looks board with his station in life; just waiting to break loose but still there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You know, it's like having your eyes wide open but seeing nothing not even the person you are looking at.
    To find the Halfirien Light..............

I personally think kids are born pure and innocent, so those that “they lie, they steal, they hurt other people and break things intentionally, they shout and demand and don't share, they torture small animals...” are doing it because they just imitate the adults.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Very well input Finn.

Some class work I did a couple terms ago, clearly there was some influence put in here.

I don't know how old you were when you drew that but I couldn't do it half as good as you did not even after hours and days of sketching and drawing and erasing and starting all over, which I did many times back when I was in school and still didn't get any better.
    Human figures and animals were pretty much a horror to me when it came to drawing them but you did an excellent job, particularly on the horse.

Scavenger of Mordor

My OC in his human form and gym clothes.

Scavenger of Mordor

An fighting lady orc in color.

Scavenger of Mordor
    I miss playing the bad guys in the Ithilian rp's.

Anyway, here is my non-tolkien oc riding a flying pterosaur. See if you can see the influence.

And here's some dream casting for some fans.

Scavenger of Mordor

My oc in his cloaked wraith form and horsed.

Guard of the Mark
    Great art Troy :) Keep it up.
    Even if you're only a boy you can fight like a girl. ~ EA <X3

Scavenger of Mordor

Admit it, this guy would make a great Tolkien fan!

Anyway, here is a wingless dragon as sinpired by Glaurung.

Scavenger of Mordor

I really want to post an Isengard based rp since the forum there is mostly based around the Rohirric rather than the Isengarders and/or the Dunlandings.

Scavenger of Mordor

My first ever Azog drawing.

Scribe of Erebor
    Thats very good. I never really could appreciate cg drawings, but it's nice.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!

Scavenger of Mordor

Another dream cast I hope for.

Scavenger of Mordor

Another pic of one of my oc's as a wizard... or something wicked.

Scavenger of Mordor

A drawing of my home city waterfront for my past drawing class.

Guard of the Mark
    I love the new drawings :)
    Even if you're only a boy you can fight like a girl. ~ EA <X3

Scavenger of Mordor

Another one of my comic book fan pics, Hawkgirl.

Scavenger of Mordor

Here is my interpretation of the infamous monster Grendel and his mother from the poem of Beowulf. I wanted to draw a line between mannish and beastial with this one.

And here is my thought of Grendel as a child.

As Tolkien made up the Ents as inspired from the Anglo Saxon word, "Ettin" which is an allegory for giants, trolls and the sort, as also he did with Orcs as taken from "Orcneas" I have decided to make up my own creatures... the "Gretts". Pretty provocative, eh?

Scavenger of Mordor

Another school drawing, this one of my class mate in a picasso.

Scavenger of Mordor

Another one, of the city bridge.

Scavenger of Mordor

Please tell me what you think?

Scavenger of Mordor

Nothing much, just a head shot of my two oc's, Maruwen and Uthurg... Please comment

New Soul
    An awesome collection of artwork Troy, I wish I could draw like that!

Alc.

Gwaihir
    Troy: Sorry I haven't been in here for a long while. You have really done your best and I liked what I saw. Hawkgirl is one that sprang out to me. And I recognised Azog instantly with his arm. Really interesting! Thank you for sharing.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, glad to know.

Another old school drawing.

Scavenger of Mordor

My last big sheet drawing from my drawing class.

Scavenger of Mordor

My OC in his Wraith-ish form, throwing his hands up