Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

- Source: Ruins -

This is the OOC thread primarily for Lone Lands activities!
Here anything ranging from roleplayers asking questions to
inviting others to RP with them may be discussed here;
thread-runners may answer questions here for their RPGs and games.
The unique function of this thread is to unite all Lone Lands
concerns and its RPers in a special focused way.
Also, if you know you'll be absent for a time this is the place
to inform your peers and the Rulers if you don't
happen to post about your hiatus in The Help Centre.

This is also where you may ask Nolewen questions, request changes, or suggest ideas for the Lone Lands.

Please note: This thread is only for planning. A thread entirely for resources and lists
pertaining to the Lone Lands can be found in the
Lone Lands Archives.

Also please note: As mentioned in the Osdolen II and Osdolen III OPs,
Elves who want to adventure with the Rangers on their quests
and thread activities must ask Aigronding in a PM and
the rulers will have to discuss it together before giving the Elven RPer permission.

I would like to remind everyone that the Plaza generally has a policy against double-posting. However, while in the Lone Lands, you may post again if you have something genuine and new to contribute, and if at least one week had passed since your previous post. (Note that this policy is currently used by Nolewen in the Lone Lands, but may not apply to all Areas in the Eriador Region!) This is also a reminder that while in the Lone Lands, you are expected to follow every part of the New Imladris Convention, and any instructions given by the Mayor.

~ Nolewen
    Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Phew. How embarrassing, these rookie mistakes of mine. If anything, maybe Mirana was spotted but Elsiner was not. No one is perfect at scouting, especially when looking uphill at a watchtower with plenty of ruins to obscure sight and all. So I guess that can be an explanation of why some people were missed. Same with Casters. She isn't the best of Rangers and her offensive awareness isn't all that keen. Well hopefully it is all settled!
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Pfffttttt all hail the mighty Cassie for the uber confusion ahahahahaha!

UNDOMIEL EDIT ~~ I have removed the Quote of my post from this post. Please please do not quote the person directly above you, or quote without adding at least 200 letters of your own to the post. Thanks
    Last edited by Ercassie; 25/Jan/2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Adding edit
    We are the mighty Noldor! Morgoth's Bane!

Arwen
    I near forgot, Lantaelen, Officially a welcome from me also You are doing brilliantly You shall find responses to the latest PMs soon. I need to conjure some posts first. And I think I may owe Moriel a reply somewhere also
    Last edited by Ercassie; 29/Jan/2017 at 09:33 PM.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Thank you Ercassie! Looking forward to those responses :)
    Last edited by Lantaelen; 27/Jan/2017 at 09:38 PM.
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Warlord of Mordor
    I don't recall you owing me a reply Cassie (unless Nariel wants to come back in the room in Nightshade and smack Davos for ogling her bottom ), I did send you a PM recently but it was only to tell you about my last post in the Valley- if you have commentary I'd love to hear it but if not, no worries Unless I've lost my mind and we started something somewhere I can't remember

Arwen
    It was a review of several amazing posts you've done, Moriel, as I recall. Nariel would undoubtedly delight that her bottom is being ogled. It's not only a compliment to her vanity, but also she may well get to see Thermaras rippling his muscles as he throws Davos into the sea. Lots of folkses getting thrown into the sea today ..

Lantaelen, you are very welcome. Clearly we are all insane here, but it's good crazy.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 25/Jan/2017 at 09:29 PM.

Warlord of Mordor
    Davos wouldn't mind

Arwen
    Everybody wins then

*Trots off to scribble notes of things toward completion*
    Last edited by Ercassie; 25/Jan/2017 at 09:31 PM.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Is the Uvanimor RPG gonna be stuck or will there be an ending on that one?
    Last edited by Aranadhel; 27/Jan/2017 at 09:44 PM.

Sam
    Good crazy... quite so, Cassie.

I posted in the Watchtower thread, Aran, Cassie, and Lantaelen. Please excuse Elsilner for questioning Uialtôr so roughly, but he's a very suspicious and cautious elf - based on years of personal experience with untrustworthy strangers, naturally; he likes to have the smallest amount of dealing possible with possibly hostile individuals, and prefers to keep the conversation with them straightforward and to the point. Once he learns to trust someone, however... he becomes a completely different person .

Aran, Elsilner gave Rane the opportunity to decide what to do with the bird... as you can probably see, Elsilner has his own theories regarding the bird, I'm curious what Rane thinks about it...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I am glad that you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam."

Frodo, RotR

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    It was a beautiful post Nolewen! No worries about the rough greeting. I imagined it would be something like that with strangers, even between those who would be allies. So for this RP, is there a posting order? Should I wait for the others before posting again or what?

Arwen
    You are welcome to post in the Uvanimor rpg, Aran, while we wait for Beren's next update. Plenty of action can be prompted from his last update still. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask in the Rivendell OOC thread, since it is a Rivendell rpg.

That is another excellent post Nolewen. The great thing about a casual rpg like Amon Sul, with no actual GM is that we can all contribute as much or little as we like and anyone can take the action in a new direction with their own idea.

I am fair sure that you are good to post again without waiting on everybody in Amon Sul, Lantaelen. Your character was given a direct prompt to respond to Elsiner's question. So it makes sense for you to post back.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Nolewen - Excellent post... so your Elf is mocking Rane huh?

Lantainen - I will post next then you can post after me...

Cassie - Boo!

14. Cassie and Aran, yeah, anyone can feel free to post in Uvanimor while waiting for me. As I've remarked somewhere recently in an OOC thread here, I want to finish Osdolen first since it only has a few more posts left before ending. When that's over, I'll help everyone end Uvanimor in February since that also doesn't have a lot of posts left to go. Then I'll make the Revenge of Rhudaur RPG if I'm done with the short amount of posts I need to make for the Rambler's Hour (2) and Flight to Rivendell (1).

Moriel, you can either have herappear with the Rangers coming up from the south when they hear Ankala ringing the alarum bell inside that tower; she would be fighting the ruffians Aura has enlisted to fight the Rangers and would see Aura mightily revealing her Morgul power for the first time before her retreat. Moriel would then speak to Khallador about her urgency to speak with Elrond about a third sorcerer in Eriador. They already know about Jadis and Amarthel by this point because of the Queen of Iron RPG which was why Khallador wanted the Rangers to begin finding all the known caches of ancient Numenorean magical weapons (refer to the canon quotes I used in Osdolen); we'll see that happen at the end of QoI when the Rangers come back to Osdolen. Moriel will discover Elrond is stationed at Ost-Carloth in the High Moor which places her at the beginning of the Revenge of Rhudaur RPG where she meets Aileen for the first time; she'll only have a glimpse of her by the lake in Osdolen, their eyes can meet for a moment and Moriel can register the fact that the girl is afraid of her mother and could use that fear to the Freeps' advantage in Revenge of Rhudaur, helping Aileen switch allegiance and also because she wants to save her niece from wicked influence; she's part of her pack
    . Sounds good? And, yes, I know what you're thinking: "But what about the first time we saw Aileen years ago when she was dancing in Rivendell during the time of Revenge of Rhudaur?" She's not evil and can get into the valley; she entered Imladris while she was spying for her mom before the attack, ultimately coming to the realization that Elves are not bad people like Aura insisted they were before returning to the enemy encampment. I got this. Everything being written for years is being tied together...and finally forming a whole story.

When Revenge of Rhudaur is over, a new Osdolen thread will be made by me before or after June, including a new RP for the Rangers and another for the Halcyon Guard.

Cassie, Tharmaras would do that

Opening doors for newbies and oldies alike is my speciality, Lantaelen! I'll be answering your PM soon; forgive my lateness, there's been so much to write and shiftwork recently in RL. I'm so very happy you're going to welcome me using the enchanting powers of the North-kingdom; I know it's something done before on the Plaza but it's so deperately needed in this time we've done pretty much everything. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you're open to it being part of RPGs; I know some members have been hesitant but it's surely the way to go to make things interesting here in Eriador. I have to get to my job in a few minutes but I'm going to look over your character submission tonight after I come back (last evening I was only able to read your Castles posts which are really quite well-written!) and will speak to you about them here; I'll take a look at your AoA OOC post tonight, too, and I hope that you'd be willing to take some canon characters. I'm glad you're excited about AoA; more participants means more fun and getting the saga done quicker!

Nolewen, QoI will end in a somber note but at least there will be a glimmer of hope with Khallador determined to find the caches of enchanted Numenorean weapons and talking to Vincent Peppermint....more about him later; he was briefly revealed at the Chithing Festival. I think we talked about how Dhamon figures into Jadis' history before in the QoI thread but you and I can plot in the House about how to set it all up in your RP. Are you doing the prequel series in the Angmar Free RP? I'd write there with you. Oh, I love writing alone, Nolewen, you've seen how many solo projects I'm doing (and there's another coming in the Breeland Free RP) and that I'm writing a fantasy-steampunk saga ! I love teaming up though. I might need your characters, a couple of them, in the last part of Calselda's journey to Rivendell I'm doing in Castles. I'll talk about that with you in the House later tonight.
    "Everyday that passes,
    I only love her more
    ."
    - Brad Paisley

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Ercassie, Aranadhel, I guess I am just eager to write and get stuck in! I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself though. I shall wait for Aranadhel to post before I put up another one :) Looking forward to seeing your replies!

Beren, no worries on the reply either! Whenever you get around to it is perfectly fine. Thank you for the praise on the Castle posts, I hope to put up more there and elsewhere. For me, everything is still new and fresh so no lack of motivation here to write in whatever genre or setting. As for AoA, I'm looking forward to getting involved in the various sagas. There is plenty of plotting to do there. But me playing canon characters? I don't even think I'm good enough to portray an established character like that but I'll give it my best! The Silmarillion does thankfully leave much vague for the imagination to fill.

Anyways, looking forward to getting more posts out either way! Any advice or suggestion for my Castle/AoA posts will be welcomed too :)

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Lantaelen - Posted for you at Amon Sul!

I hope your Ranger is hungry as Rane is cooking up some fine dishes for dinner!

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Back at ya Aranadhel​! Hope the post is okay :)

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Lantainen - your post is just wow. I can imagine Uilnor being very hungry at the moment. I will let Nolewen reply first since her Elf is still pointing the arrow at your Man. Lol

Nolewen - ready when you are, dear.

Sam
    Thank you, Lantaelen, Cassie, Aran, and great posts, Aran and Lantaelen! So Rane actually decided to add the bird to the stew?

I will reply after Cassie posts.

Aig , see you in the House for the continuation of this discussion.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Nolewen - Nay, if you read my post I mentioned that the bird is being roasted now on a spit over the fire. The rabbit stew is mixed with potatoes and the herbs.

Roast crebain from Dunland is actually very good.

Sam
    I apologize, Aran, I corrected my mistake in the Weathertop post.

Sam's proud of Rane's delightful cooking skills...

As I wrote, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit.

4506fc71fd2defbbd4f2349c1a20bb72.jpg

(SOURCE)
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR