Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Lone Lands: Activities OOC II

- Source: Ruins -

This is the OOC thread primarily for Lone Lands activities!
    Here anything ranging from roleplayers asking questions to
    inviting others to RP with them may be discussed here;
    thread-runners may answer questions here for their RPGs and games.
    The unique function of this thread is to unite all Lone Lands
    concerns and its RPers in a special focused way.
    Also, if you know you'll be absent for a time this is the place
    to inform your peers and the Rulers if you don't
    happen to post about your hiatus in The Help Centre.

This is also where you may ask Nolewen questions, request changes, or suggest ideas for the Lone Lands.

Please note: This thread is only for planning. A thread entirely for resources and lists
    pertaining to the Lone Lands can be found in the
    Lone Lands Archives.

Also please note: As mentioned in the Osdolen II and Osdolen III OPs,
    Elves who want to adventure with the Rangers on their quests
    and thread activities must ask Aigronding in a PM and
    the rulers will have to discuss it together before giving the Elven RPer permission.

I would like to remind everyone that the Plaza generally has a policy against double-posting. However, while in the Lone Lands, you may post again if you have something genuine and new to contribute, and if at least one week had passed since your previous post. (Note that this policy is currently used by Nolewen in the Lone Lands, but may not apply to all Areas in the Eriador Region!) This is also a reminder that while in the Lone Lands, you are expected to follow every part of the New Imladris Convention, and any instructions given by the Mayor.

~ Nolewen
    Last edited by Nolewen; 08/Jul/2016 at 09:22 AM.
    "How long do you want it to be?" - Steven C.
    "As long as it needs to be." - Aimmi G.

Master Craftsman of Lindon
    Fantastic to see a slew of new activities threads going up! Thank you Aig! I'm sorry I've been so absent of late but there's been quite the rush of activity.

It's only a few weeks until I'm jumping ship from Brisbane and flying up to Lancaster University in England for a month (Of studying North English history, literature, culture and writing!! :D) so I've been caught up in arranging all that and also I was working full time while uni was on break.
    I know I keep saying I'll be back in action soon and I keep not coming back, but I promise it's true this time! I've got my posts for Lancir in Lindon ready to roll so they should be up soon as well as a post for Rose and Jade (One of the Wardens of Annuminas) and Mercy and Tahlia here in the Lone Lands.

Really excited to get back into it all! I love my mortals and have missed them dearly! And I'm looking forward to writing with everyone again!

It's awesome to see you working so hard on your stories! :) I hope to be able to focus on NaNo a lot this year as my uni schedule should (unlike last year) finish up at just the right time!

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

3. Thank you, Wolf! Every time we reach 35 to 40 pages I'll make a new activities OOC from now on. It's okay, I know you've had to focus on your academic work hardcore recently. I hope you have a lovely time in England and will look forward to what posts you can make in the region! We miss you, mate.

March Warden of the Shire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ercassie
    I have been playing catch-up in Bree, Ankala, so you have a response at the Prancing Pony, and an eager companion in Bree Market, ready to go a-shopping with Ann When you do pop in. Likewise I shall make a try for Bronte next week.
    Hi Hi!! I was also away for fortnight plus, and am anxious to jump back in as soon as I can make time to do so.

Good to have you back Ankala! :D

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

Scavenger of Mordor
    I forgot, do you play the Queen of the Hillmen?

7. Take your time, Ankala!

Yes, Troy! My sorceress NPC Aura Camlost, descendant of the last lord of Rhudaur who was an agent of Angmar long ago (spoken about but never named in Appendix A of The Lord of the Rings], is queen of the evil Hillmen who are spread thin throughout the Angle and she is the leader of several Hillmen tribes in Dunland, presently, at a fictitious corner of land in the area named Min Colvarn.
    Last edited by Aigronding Mordagnir; 06/Aug/2015 at 06:32 AM.

Arwen
    I look forward to it, Ankala, and hope all went well with what you had to do. My Osdolen post is part-complete.

Aig's Aura is the evil Sorceress who Drest introduced Thairrim to, after he brought him down south from Angmar, Troy.

Thanks, Aig, Winterwolf, Cassie, It's been a crazy summer for me, and work remains busy.
    I am now trying to catch up, and hope to have done so soon.

Arwen
    I am yet playing catch-up myself, Ankala But I have now posted a response in Osdolen for you, and I do swear that Bronte is on my list I look forward to seeing you shopping in Bree, when you are able

I do believe we are all playing catchup friends. :) But we shall get there!

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

How is everyone doing?

It's been a rough Fall for me, bad news and good news.
    My Dad had more strokes last week, but I got to see him 3 weeks ago. I hope to see him in January, but it's one day at a time.

My good news is we have a new puppy in our house. We adopted a Chihuahua, he is about 11 months old? Really sweet and full of energy. :)

13. I'm doing well, accomplished another NaNo season and working my way through finishing the seventh chapter of my book as well as developing my saga's appendices extensively. Now that NaNo is finished I'm starting to write for Eriador again so be expecting Osdolen posts from me soon.

I hope your Dad's health improves, Ankala, and that you'll have a splendid holiday season. Enjoy the new fun puppy!

Thranduil
    Ankala - *raises a tankard of ale* Here's to a speedy recovery for your Dad and to your new puppy!

Aig - Congratulations on your NaNo writing!

I'm just now climbing back into the saddle with my writing. It's been a rough month since my Mother's passing.

Arwen
    I do hope that matters improve for you guys on the home front. It can be exhausting when life seems to keep throwing punches, can't it. Big hugs. I am glad to hear you have adopted a little jump of joy to brighten the dark days, Ankala. The impact of an animal in your life should never be underestimated.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 03/Dec/2015 at 08:19 AM.

Aig, you know we will all be looking forward to your next Osdolen posts. Yes!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. It ain't easy as you know. It is especially hard to live far from one's elders when they are in a bad way and ailing.

Brandin, just take your time. Do what you feel like when you feel like it, and take time for yourself when you need to do that. There is no clock for mourning. We eventually start to think more and more of the good times and the good influences that our parents and loved ones have had upon us, and it will bring smiles and warmth once the tears have rained long enough.

Hugs Aig, Brandin and Cassie tightly.

Cassie has it right about having animals in our lives. And how'd you know my Giuseppe is a jumper? hah! He jumps really high for a Chihuahua. He certainly is a joy. Hugs more!!

Scavenger of Mordor
    I'm still waiting for when I can post in the Angmar RP's again.

18. *Hugs Ankala* I will try not to disappoint.

Thank you, Dinny!

Troy
    , it would be great to see those Angmar threads finished well. I don't know if that will happen but I'm still interested in being a roleplaying participant in those RPGs. There are things which are supposed to happen to my major characters during the events of Queen of Iron, at least, which prominently affects their lives.
    Last edited by Aura Camlost; 04/Dec/2015 at 06:03 PM.

Thranduil
    Thank you Ercassie and Ankala!

20. I love Bella still, Cassie, and the profile for Ceinwen! That pig part of the submission gave me the chills...even now I'm shuddering ! I approve of them and would love it if they played a role in the Coven actively here in Eriador! The Sable Tower certainly, at least for Ceinwen where she can teach, when I've created that RP after The Revenge of Rhudaur RPG. Bella could have a part in the evil book RP you and I still need to finish discussing (the e-mail is still in my hotmail inbox; as soon as some posts are out of the way, I'll reply, I promise !)

I've finished an Aileen-Beren post for Isolde in the MT area of SL so now I'll return to Sarabeth for you, Cassie !

Arwen
    Thank you Aig I have been watching the Isolde/Bear storyline with anticipation. The stork strikes again ! I love the easy way in which Isolde writes Mourgan, and am sure to keep following that tale.

Meantime I am just throwing things out haphazardly. Every time I promise something by a certain time I get second thoughts, imagine it is flawed and hunch over the draft for editing some more. That is no fun. So I am resolved to just post what I have as the mood takes me, and when it feels ready. Hopefully some of the things people have been waiting on will appear before too long I needed to re-find the fun. RL has been tough of late.

22. You're welcome ! The mini-RP I'm having with her won't be too long and the narrative will pretty tight. Before the Plaza switched to Regions, Isolde had been my last Plaza wife for Beren and Mourgan had been Camlost's young stepchild. She sent me a message recently asking if Beren of the modern day could have fathered Mourgan before adventuring in the East so naturally I was ensthuastic about the idea ! The stork strikes again indeed !

It's okay to write what suits your fancy first
    ! Do as your heart tells you. Writing is fun that way, doing whatever springs to mine first . It's hard to resist that itch. I hope RL will be kinder to you soon .

Having referenced Mirana, I must tell you I'm planning for someone to perish at Windnesse during Revenge of Rhudaur. Would you mind if Mirana brings news of the Ranger's death to the kin who has survived him in Osdolen (when she returns at the end of RoR), perhaps? Given Mirana's nature...I thought it would be interesting to see how she delivers the news, especially if the character had died trying to save her and some others present
    Last edited by Aura Camlost; 15/Dec/2015 at 08:39 AM.

Arwen
    I am sure that Mirana would consider it her duty to convey such woeful tidings. She is very serious and will not shirk from the responsibility. Though the Coven's public emergence is going to test everything she ever believed.

24. Excellent, I'll enjoy that moment and her slow-blossoming awareness that challenges her sceptical side ! The Middle-earth Dana Scully, lol! *X-Files nerd*

So how are we going with Osdolen? Shall we advance on to Kings Crossing and Annuminas? :D

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

26. I'm almost ready to post for Osdolen but first I need to update CoE (nearly finished with Curufin and Gwindor).

Fantastic, no rush mate!

New year, the book is going well, so is uni and I'm pumped to get back into the plaza with all your fantastic people! :D

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

28. I'm glad our books are going well and I look joyously forward to writing with you, too again, mate !

Warlord of Mordor
    I have most of the day off tomorrow and am planning on doing some posting- I will also try to include rounding up my thoughts on the loose threads of the Angmar stuff and seeing if i can kick it into gear again. Angmaaaaaaar Aig, I'll be on skype tomorrow too

30. That's great, Moriel ! There's still sone important things I need to do with Aig, Roina, Beren, and Tarias in Queen of Iron.

I have to go to a birthday party after a long shift tomorrow so I might be able to make it to Skype. If not I'm off on Monday. Are you available then, too?
    Last edited by Aura Camlost; 30/Jan/2016 at 06:57 AM.

Warlord of Mordor
    I can be around some on Monday! I'm free most of Sunday too.

32. I'll be free on Sunday, too, that works better !

Gandalf
    *sheepishly enters* Hi Aig! Congrats on becoming Ulmo by the way. I've been so busy I haven't had too much time on my hands to play. I still don't have that much time but it's not as bad. As such, would it be okay if I continue training recruits at Maenorthrond: Training Grounds? It's the only thread I can manage right now, I'm afraid.

34. Thank you, Angel ! It's okay, I know how being busy is. I'm sorry but Maenorthrond hasn't been doing well over the years and there's no present recruits for the Rangers, only the existing veterans. I decided a while ago that new Rangers would simply take the Oath of Service at Osdolen and then they could have on-the-job-training of sorts within RPGs, learning as they go. I could let you know when I update the current Osdolen thread so that way you can get into the adventure well, we'll be battling sorcerers and some bandit pawns of theirs when I post next.

Arwen
    Did someone say Queen of Iron may actually be making a comeback ?!

36. If Moriel would like to finish Queen of Iron, I'm onboard! We're supposed to talk about it on Skype but we keep missing each other lately ! We will talk, I assure everyone, lol.

There's things I still want done there for Aig, Roina, Beren, Tarias, Galen the Green, and Dhamon (Angmarian soldier). I'm also thinking of making a brief surprise cameo of one major NPC of mine that only interacts with Aig for a few moments after Amarthel sends him crawling back through the wastes after she's tortured him....

Morwen and I are determined to finish Gambit's Bandit, too...a kiss awaits Nariel...
    Last edited by Aura Camlost; 04/Feb/2016 at 10:01 AM.

New Soul
    I was chatting to Moriel relatively recently and she mentioned it would be good to bring back Queen of Iron. I am definitely up for it if it makes a comeback. #angmarforunlife

Contra Vires Mordoris Nulla Quit Esse Victoria!

Warlord of Mordor
    Queen of Iron I just need to sit down and review where we're at, and make a post. I think it's time for Tezcacoatl to make his big entrance

Naith also said he would be interested in coming back to finish QoI!
    Last edited by Moriel; 04/Feb/2016 at 09:25 PM.

Gandalf
    Aig, I don't think my schedule is up for any serious RPGs at the moment. However, I might find time to do other stuff instead. Will look into threads that I could do without serious commitments for the meantime.

Captain of Dol Amroth
    *pops in* Yes, we certainly are determined to finish Bandit's Gambit! Planning is occurring, kinks being ironed out... I think we shall be able to get it going again!

Ah, bring back the Naith! *entices oldbies with cookies and hoppit ears*

I must ask a foolish question, however-- what is Queen of Iron?

Elder of Imladris
    Perhaps this link helps, Morwen ;)
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Captain of Dol Amroth
    Ahhhh, thankee, Rivvy Elf, this begins to look familiar. I do believe I remember seeing this thread around before. The night grows far too late for my grainy eyes, however; I shall have to read more tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Arwen
    I am most certainly keen to resume with Queen of Iron. Probably I might be able to dust off my people for Bandits Gambit too .. I will see. I promised myself I would focus on just Eriador (and a bit of PFF) as I was getting too spread over too many places to post so I had to consider my sanity On the other hand, if the On A Clear Day RPG was ever resurrected ...

Varda
    *pokes head in* It's been a long, long time since I RPed in the Lone Lands (let alone anywhere, yeesh) but I partook in early bits of QofI and would love to join in the fun!

Scavenger of Mordor
    I was going to say "I'm still waiting for--" But it's been so long I forgot what I was waiting for. :P

I don't know I think it had something to do with some orcs or angmarrim, and an evil queen?!
    Last edited by Troigan; 08/Feb/2016 at 08:16 AM.

Arwen
    Do you mean the little RP we had going where Drest brings your Angmarin to Dunland, to meet Aura, to potentially give her info about what Amarthel has been up to, Troy ?

Or the Angmar Orcs hunting news of Hillman insurrections in Angmar ? I can update the latter for you, but the former will require us to wait for Aura

Are you coming back to Queen of Iron, if it can start up again ? I did think of bringing Sznahk as but may well not - since Mawg is already there.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 08/Feb/2016 at 10:19 AM.

Scavenger of Mordor
    All of the above I suppose. And I suppose I would be coming back.

Arwen
    Ok. I can try to get an update posted in that Hillman investigation for you, when I am done with AOA.

EDIT : After looking at it again, I fear it may be difficult to move on without Godmoding Aran, which I would really rather not do But I shall think upon how to get around that. Leave it with me

The Queen meet and the Queen with the dragon I leave for their GMs respectively to let you know when each is likely to have time to update their RP
    Last edited by Ercassie; 09/Feb/2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: editing consideration of HIllman RP

49. Good to know plenty of RPers are willing to help finish Queen of Iron.

Now that I'm finished with a post in SL, I'll focus on updating Ost-Halatir and Osdolen before returning to other threads like the Pony and private RPs like Secrets of the Prince and The Rambler's Hour and posting as Aura for Troy and Cassie.

Ulmo Edit: I'll talk to Moriel about completing On a Clear Day when I Skype with her next!
    Last edited by Aura Camlost; 08/Feb/2016 at 08:28 PM.

Arwen
    I was only half serious about the Dol Amroth/Umbar RPG. I think there are only three of us still currently active which might not make much of a great raid RPG ! If wishes were RPGs ... Still, Queen of Iron will be super even if the other Unfinished Tales here never come to completion.

Thanks Aura

I've just posted a bit of fluff of Rose and Jade, not too much of import but some really nice stuff and some backstory.
    I might try to write something for Taerion too :)
    Last edited by Greyfang; 02/Mar/2016 at 03:56 AM.

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

52. I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand someone's wit online even if I know the person well . Hopefully Moriel still wants to run QoI, I haven't heard from her yet on Skype.

I'll be updating Osdolen next, Wolf . Starting to write it up tonight.

I meant to message you on facebook Aura and ask - was there anything you wanted Taerion to do for your reply? I could have him come over to Khallador and ask the captain about where they're going or talk to Gwendolyn? Whatever would help really. Or nothing either. I was just wanting to put in Taerion replying to Ankala's Ann, but there's not enough there to really make a post out of for him.

No rush on the update mate, take it as needs be. We can skip over high kings crossing if you want to hurry us on to Annuminas, I'll dig around and get that planning document we wrote up a while back, send you a link on FB. :D
    My post was just a bit of backstory for Rose and Jade. After Osdolen, they'll become some of my major characters here on the plaza and I really want to concentrate on their relationship dynamic and how it changes as the story advances and when I introduce Lancir soonish.

Ooooh. That was another thing Aura - I was wondering if I could introduce Lancir, my gondorian merchant and sell-sword at Annuminas. I know I probably have too many characters in this RPG already haha, but it would simplify timelines and negate the need for me to write a separate thing with him meeting Rose and Jade and give them a good collective experience to bond over. Plus it works better now with his changed up timeline. I've been doing a lot of revision lately and... The spaghetti of character plots seems to be straightening a liiiitttlllee. :D

So basically put, could I bring him in as maybe contracted by Khal to resuply the rangers at Annuminas or some such?
    Last edited by Greyfang; 02/Mar/2016 at 04:01 AM.

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

54. Well, that's what I spoke to you about doing months ago but you had respectfully declined, saying Taerion would speak to the others since you felt the situation would enable you to write more for the segment instead which I was okay with. It's alright, mate, I'll have Khallador speak with him about Gwen and everything in my update .

I have the document in Google Docs (one of my two Google usernames); I'll doublecheck with you, showing the document, just to make sure it's the right one. I will be tweaking it slightly but not majorly. I liked the backstory for Rose and Jade, mostly Jade (the Mal Shaddar stuff) since one day I want to chronicle Beren's adventures out there. Maybe I could even have Camlost remark about Mal Shaddar, like saying he heard of the place, run the line by you to see if it's okay down the road . I could even ask you to RP with me a bit (Rivvy will), cameo appearances!

Could you have Lancir be introduced at the end of Revenge of Rhudaur, please? Right now I just want us to focus on the mission at Annuminas. It's easier this way, having Lancir show up in the epilogue of RoR, re-supplying Annuminas (contracted by Khallador) which would be purged of the thieves and sorcerers. He would also get to meet Beren finally and they can establish their Swan & Bear General Store; he could be setting things up with him in Bree in addition to speaking with Rose and Jade in town. I hope that sounds good.

That would be awesome! The ideas of Mal'Shaddar and the Lord of Faces have been floating around my head for a while and it would be nice to revist them sometime with you guys.
    Lancir coming in at the end of it sounds good and it all works just as well. I might have it as was originally planned, for him to have met both Jade and Rose before separately. Fantastic! :)

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

56. Eastern matters sounds good and I'm glad you agree with the Lancir introduction nigh the end of Revenge of Rhudaur! I'm happy everything works out.

Gandalf
    I plan to start up Rogue Striker again but I don't know if anyone else is interested in participating in it.

58. I certainly am interested.

As am I Angel! It'll be good to see the Rp back into it.

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

Gandalf
    Guys, I'm interested in participating in the Revenge of Rhudaur but I don't know where I could insert Emora in. Anyone help?

Well RoR hasn't started yet, Angel, but the current Osdolen, Running with the Casters could have you join in by meeting the rangers at High Kings Crossing, perhaps having returned from a mission and then being dispatched from Osdolen to meet the band led by Khallador and Taerion there?

Certainly you could have a post of her returning to Osdolen to find the group already left and then leaving post-haste to catch up with them.

At the moment the 'Warden of Annuminas' are at the High Kings Crossing and will soon by joined by our main band of rangers. From there we will be moving into Annuminas so it would be the perfect time to join!
    We'll see what Aig thinks as well, he might have some better ideas for getting Emora in on the action! :D

Edit: As Aig has said, best to wait till his update is up taking the rangers to the Crossing and then forward into Annuminas :D
    Last edited by Greyfang; 24/Mar/2016 at 12:18 AM.

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

62. You can wait for my next update in Osdolen to join in as Emora, Angel! It's coming this week. First, I'm finishing a post in Castles in the Sand which links to Revenge if Rhudaur! Almost done.

Gandalf
    I see... ok. I'll wait for the update and from the information that you guys have provided, I'll jump right in. Thanks Aig and Wolfie!

64. Simul with Wolf. It's better if Angel waits for my update which takes the Osdolen band to Annuminas where the Crossing folks are. She would have been in the area and checking to see what's up with the place just as Khallador's company appears. There will be enough to post with I promise.

Arwen
    *dances at the prospect of an update in Osdolen*

*Excitedly awaits the impact of all that boundless enthusiasm which Nolewen has bounced around the plaza since she joined, and what good things it will mean for the Lone Lands.*

Troy, I swear that the Hillman/Orc RP of Angmar is not forgotten. I will definitely post there, once I work out how to.

Sam
    Thank you, Cassie! I am very enthusiastic to become the mayor of The Lone Lands, and I'll make sure to direct that enthusiasm in the right direction. I'm here if you need any help or if you have any suggestions. I have four months to improve the Lone Lands as much as I can, and I definitely mean to do so!
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I am glad that you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam."

Frodo, RotR

Gandalf
    Yay! at the update in Osdolen!

Excited for the improvement in the Lone Lands! I can't wait Nolewen for the improvements that you are going to be doing in the Lone Lands. I'm tempted to post in the Old Forest thread once I actually figure out what I'm going to do with the animals that I have in mind.

Arwen
    Well, I was not sure if my post in the Old Forest is what you were expecting for that thread but I hope it was alright. They *are* technically animals. And really, I was just taking my muse out for a little test run ...

69. Noooo, I want more! I hope we'll see Konrad and Shytha talking soon, I'm very excited ! The post was brilliant, Cassie. I'll have to make a Filrain kitty post for Conkers soon in April.

Sam
    Great post, Cassie! I agree with Aig, I also want more ... Angel, take your time! The Old Forest is getting more replies than I hoped it would get in a year... People here love animals...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Sam
    Attention, Please, All Lone-Landers, Eriadorians, and Visitors!

The Lone Lands are known to be a little... Well, lonely. After thinking about this problem (I personally consider this a problem), I concluded that it is not because of a lack of enthusiasm or the members of the area not being active (quite the opposite: you are truly amazing, and are being very helpful and active). No, Mellyn, I have decided that the above reasons do not affect our area. It is rather me, I realized, who does not understand correctly what you would like to do in the Lone Lands. Our region, Eriador, is my favorite region on the Plaza. It is full of serious Roleplaying Games, such as Historical RPGs, army training threads, and Free RP threads. I do not have a problem with that. I like the seriousness and relativity to Tolkien that is clearly shown around our region. However, I cannot represent everyone on the Plaza, and definitely not assume that all of the members around here have the same preferences. I can definitely understand that sometimes we all need to simply enjoy a funny game, write a short post for a change, or wander around as potatoes (for all you Shadow Landers reading this...).

Here's my question:

WHAT THREADS DO YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE LONE LANDS?

All thread ideas would be more than appreciated!

I would like to thank you again for being so wonderful, enthusiastic, and helpful!

Last edited by Nolewen; 08/Apr/2016 at 12:56 AM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Arwen
    *Is member of the Lonelands. Rambles*

Nolewen If I may be so bold, the retaining but revamp of a Lone Lands activity, such as the Forsaken inn, which is a canon establishment, might encourage far greater activity as a fully functioning inn/guesthouse etc for all the folks 'passing through'. If someone can manage an active bar tender there you can maintain a light hearted and fast running fun activity for patrons. Rather than have such a pub specifically for the Free people's and then another separate pub for the evil types, why not throw them all together in one pub to mix things up and lend more intrigue for potential ? There are very few IC areas which boast both good and evil characters in such a likelihood as the Lone lands. Make the best use of that !

The Dungeons of Carn Dum was an amazing game/activity in the past which offered lore/RP and intrigue all at once for participants. I would love to see that or something similar make a return if someone had the time to run it.

<Grey Pilgrim edit: I opened a Last Bridge thread similar to the Dungeons of Carn Dum. >
    There are many canon landmarks which could be used to host games/fun; the Midgewater Marshes for eg. Maybe for people to try getting through 'obstacles' (stuck in the mud/fight off the neeker breeker etc) there ? That could inspire either a game and/or a Free RP situation. Guides taking visitors between Rivendell and Bree ? Gandalf or Glorfindel could lead small parties and encounter various challenges. It could either help newbie RPers to follow the path of Frodo and co, or else a snakes and ladders type game. You rolled a 2, you are stabbed by a Ringwraith ...

<Grey Pilgrim edit: I'm thinking about doing something with Midgewater Marshes... do you want to run a RPG thread where people need to try getting through obstacles? I really like that idea, but I don't want to be the only threadrunner in the Lone Lands.>

I would really really really love to see some activity about when the ruins of the Lone Lands were at their peak, if I am honest. Mayhaps something to tie in with the Numenoreans visiting/settling at Lond Daer, or the establishment of Tharbad ? A throwback/historic RPG for folks to play/learn about life in Ancient Arnor ! The Second Age is something we currently have no coverage for in Eriador. A game or RP based around that could highlight some of the area's history which has been largely forgotten. Bring the ruins to life !! Lone Lands Monopoly ... ? Roll a dice, your ship is wrecked or build your fort and roll a dice to see if the locals worship you or else attack you .. Something along those lines ?

<GreyPilgrim edit: I am working on a very big Historical RPG, and I don't think I'll have time to run another one. However, I agree that we need to Bring the ruins to life. It's important to show the history of the Lone Lands, and I'll think what we could do to represent that.
    >

Games like Elimination and word sleuth can fit in any area. Your fireworks elimination is a wonderful example of a Gandalf-focused game which people recognise and can jump into immediately. Building such popular games around a Lone Lands theme is a good idea you've already hit upon. More of the same would definitely work

At the end of the day, you don't need to have a lot of threads/activities to make an area enticing. Three or four super busy activities will be just as/if not more great than twenty barely touched activities

<GreyPilgrim edit: thank you for a wonderful post full of ideas, Cassie! >
    Last edited by Nolewen; 10/Apr/2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Replied to your amazing suggestions!

Scavenger of Mordor
    I'm still waiting for the other players to respond, so I can continue playing as Thairrim and the orcs.

Arwen
    I hear you, Troy. I am still trying to write a post that has my character interact with your five Orc's and my Orc, without his being immediately killed/or else forces my godmoding to a horrific level !! Anyone who has a character and wants to come help even up the match, please do poke me !! I have heard nothing back from Aran recently.

Also .. *Pokes Queen of Angmar, just a little*
    Last edited by Ercassie; 08/Apr/2016 at 05:33 AM.

75. Will my Ages of Arda RPG series still be able to run well if more historic RPs are appearing in Eriador or should I request that its current installment - CoE - be moved to the RPG Forum and that's where future stories in my saga could find a home?
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 08/Apr/2016 at 05:27 AM.

Arwen
    RP about Numenoreans in Eriador does not have to take away from the Ages of Arda RPG , (which you know I absolutely adore ), but might actually encourage people to think up characters and scenarios which can be much further elaborated on in your RPG, Beren A game set about the concept certainly should not harm your project.

77. Okay *relaxes *. Their lives being elaborated on in AoA sounds good, Cassie .

Arwen
    In the same way that my posts about Feapoldie and Co in both PFF and Castles of Sand, I *hope* only serve to enhance my posts which feature those same characters in AOA, just as an example. The two can be mutually beneficial in terms of developing the characters/stories It is only an idea regardless

EDIT : *elaborated a little in my original post, re Numenorean monopoly game idea, etc*
    Last edited by Ercassie; 08/Apr/2016 at 06:09 AM.

Elder of Imladris
    ...by the time AoA reaches that far it will be 2025 and nobody will have remembered the previous iterations, just like nobody currently remembers the Last Alliance RPGs from the plaza's early days :P
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

80. Just wanted to make sure everyone presently involved with AoA still wants to continue writing for it and that the series will always have a home of some sort on the Plaza .

Arwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvy Elf View Post
    ...by the time AoA reaches that far it will be 2025 and nobody will have remembered the previous iterations
    Very true !
    Last edited by Ercassie; 08/Apr/2016 at 06:34 AM.

Sam
    A new mafia-type game was opened in the Lone Lands! Sign-ups for The Dead of Night have started. Who will be the unfortunate one to meet death first? Who will become a murderer that will turn one man or woman into a wight each night? Who will be suspected of a crime he or she did not do? Find out more in The Dead of Night. Literally.
    Last edited by Nolewen; 12/Apr/2016 at 12:23 AM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Arwen
    Troigan, I have *finally* responded with something for your Orcs in the Angmar Free RP thread. It was very hard to not pull a deux ex machina, or godmode, etc, so I do apologise if it is a bit unusually 'talk'y for an encounter between Elf and Orcs. I was trying to set up something which would give us something to do without a foregone conclusion. Poke me here or on PM if you want/need to. This was the best I could do without Aranadhel's participation. If nothing else, at least it gave the thread something of a bump

Scavenger of Mordor
    Okay, thanks for informing me. I just posted to your new post btw.

Arwen
    Splendid. I have likewise, for you now.

Sam
    Fairy, I was truly happy to see your response in the Dead of Night. I just want to thank you for participating in many Lone Lands activities that no one else participates in. Thanks Also, I'm afraid the Fire Starter and Dead of Night threads are too similar. I did not see your thread before I opened the Dead of Night, and was inspired by Moriel's Angmar: Hall of Judgement thread and the game Mafia. But as we're both involved in each other's suspicion threads... I think it'll work well.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Weathered Ent of Fangorn
    You're most welcome Nolewen, I think that generally the feel of The Lone Lands and Fangorn is quite similar, so I am not surprised to see similar activities (you've opened a few that are similar to what I had planned, so there is definitely overlap!), and it is also therefore not surprising that I find the activities there quite appealing.

I love this kind of game, which is why I wanted to run one, but it is fun to take part as well. I hope more people sign up to both threads - it is much better with lots of players.

Sam
    Quite true, Fairy! And we're still arguing over in the Admin Massages... I liked the idea you suggested in the house. We both have very old areas, old and half-forgotten, where legends walk. The Dúnedain in the Lone Lands, the Ents in Fangorn. I think it's a nice connection that the Professor might have done purposefully or not.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Weathered Ent of Fangorn
    I hadn't thought of it like that, that's a lovely thought!
    <WhiteRidedit: thanks >
    Last edited by Nolewen; 17/Apr/2016 at 11:44 PM.

New Soul
    Admin Massages...sounds like fun

Contra Vires Mordoris Nulla Quit Esse Victoria!

Sam
    It was fun... until someone eliminated the Old Forest.

I'll update Dead of Night after we get at least one more person, Fairy.

Rivvy, that was not the answer I was looking for, but as it's a good one, you will have 24 more hours to reply correctly. This specific answer comes from the LotR.

Drifa, your time is up, but I haven't recieved an answer from Afird! Don't worry, the first guard is in a good mood. He'll let him live... for now, at least.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Counsellor of Erebor
    Hi Nolewen! It is late in my part of the world and I would like an extension on my deadline so I may respond to Rivvy's post in The Last Bridge RP. I will have it done before noon tomorrow, if that is okay? Thanks!

Love is a big word like ocean, mountain, sky...

Sam
    Definitely!
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    It seems now Drest has made a new enemy amongst his kin, for Thairrim does not take kindly to degradation.

Arwen
    Drest hit out at the easiest scapegoat. It's not personal, I promise ! Despite putting on a good cover to save Aura doing anything worse to him, my sorceror clearly does not like degradation either. I shall have something up for you in Angmar soon, Troy, before we bring the Hillmen etc there.

And then all together at the Queen of Iron

Scavenger of Mordor
    I see, so should I erase my recent post then?! Cause I'd be more than obliged.

Arwen
    It's fine, don't fret any. It would be an utterly realistic response from Thairrim. Drest was rather hard on him. Of course, Drest is not a nice guy. I am sure Aileen will be more courteous.

98. Well, Aileen is about 11 years old at this time and not into romance but she will thank him.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thairrim is about her age and has no interest in romance either, just appealing to her to appease and sidle up to her mother. Picking up a thing or two from his mentor.
    Last edited by Troigan; 30/Apr/2016 at 10:12 PM.

Arwen
    Clever Thairrim ! That is very sneaky !

If Aura is sending a spy to be Drest's "bodyguard", she might even have been thinking about the boy spying on Drest, rather than protecting him. *leaves Aura/Aileen to plot with Thairrim*