Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Aura severely shelters Aileen and has already suffered emotional heartbreak herself, so I'm pretty sure she doesn't want boys around her little daughter. She might show up, burning those flowers, lol!
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 30/Apr/2016 at 10:22 PM.
    "How long do you want it to be?" - Steven C.
    "As long as it needs to be." - Aimmi G.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Then perhaps I should excise that last bit in the post.

Arwen
    *Shall have Shytha or Gutthard reach out to Thairrim*

Scavenger of Mordor
    Maybe, or perhaps a another character, as he slips through the window.

Arwen
    Which window is this now ? Is he breaking in/out of Drest's house ? Or Aura/Aileens ?

6. If you want. I would probably have fun with it though. I make plenty of posts with Aura depressing Aileen and displaying the Witchqueen's infamous foul moods, lol.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 30/Apr/2016 at 10:29 PM.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Ercassie - I just remember Drest slamming the door on him, so I wasn't certain if it were inside or outside.

Beren Camlost & Ercassie - Which ever works, I like like both of your ideas.

Arwen
    Drest did slam a door on him, but it might have been the front door of his house, or else just an inside door, so Drest can sulk and tend to his pains as he recovers in private. I reasoned Thairrim is currently at Aura's house, as he is speaking to Aileen.

If he does get thrown out by Aileen's mother, and sneaks back into Drest's, I shall make sure Shytha takes him under her wing Or he can bunk down with Gutthard, who is only nineteen and new to serving Drest as well. I shall do whatever works, once Thairrim has interacted with Aura/Aileen. But yes, Drest's minions will not turn Thairrim away. I promise.

EDIT : I have posted as Shytha, trying to manipulate Drest toward doing as he's told. The post ended with the winged demon woman going to find Thairrim, so whenever you are done with the Camlosts/ready to take up and plot about returning to Angmar, we're good to go.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 07/Jul/2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: adding edit

Scavenger of Mordor
    That can work to.

10. Aura's smaller tower ! He won't be literally thrown out but telekinectically nudged out after overprotective Aura burns the flowers.

Rangers - the few who are present and those forthcoming - Nolewen's Breelander Ranger will be working for the Breeland Gazette, reporting Dunedain activities. She would like to interview Rangers so she can publish matters concerning their exploits. Anyone who would like to be interviewed by Tirwen can meet her at the Inn of the Prancing Pony!

Master Craftsman of Lindon
    Sounds like a brilliant chance! Thanks for letting us know Aura!

Formerly Winterwolf.
    Work Hard, Hard Worker.

12. Thank you,Wolf! I'm sure Khallador (or Beren, Imelda, and the Harbinger), Taerion, and Ana have some interesting stories to tell!

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Aig - when are we gonna conclude the Running with the Casters RPG? been quiet too long, mate.

On another note. I would like to ask... why Lindon Guard and not Mithlond Guard? Since we are "currently" in the Third Age and technically Lindon is no more but Cirdan still holds Mithlond as the gateway to Valinor. Thoughts?

Gracias hombre...
    We are the mighty Noldor! Morgoth's Bane!

14. Aran, as soon as I'm finished with at least four Bree posts and following the launch of the first Hill Watch RPG in the area after this Lindon reply I'm doing for Cassie (almost done; my Umbarian pirate queen is discussing what elven base to attack)and if I have one segment for Flight to Rivendell and the next Beren part for The Rambler's Hour mini-stories finished. I also need to get Anne Walker to the Two Crowns Inn from the Tomb of the Vale Wardens in my book (that part is nearly finished) since Sur has almost reached the seventh chapter (she's a Beta Reader now, editing what I've written so far, and really enjoying the story). So probably by the end of the month Casters and Ost-Halatir will be updated, mate, I'm rather sure .

Well, Lindon is still called Lindon on the Third Age maps. Mithlond / The Grey Havens is specifically the elven capital city and not the whole name of Cirdan's realm. The Lindon Guard makes sure that every part of the region is protected, including the major port city on the Lune. De nada, mi amigo !

Underhill Edit: I finished my Castles in the Sand post for Cassie so I'm working on the Bree Hall post currently! Sorry that last one took me so long....I wanted it to be good and Sarabeth is a new character so I had to get the feel of her well, ya know *G*?
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 05/Jul/2016 at 07:50 AM.

March Warden of the Shire
    umm, a question?

Will Osdolen III (running with the c's) be updated eventually? Taking the Rangers to Annuminas?

If so, my Ranger might have a post of a dream that they all got a good night's sleep, and that she dreamed of her new old sword . . .
    Last edited by Ankala Teaweed; 08/Jul/2016 at 12:45 AM.

16. Yeah, like I said I need to update Bree activities first since that's my area to lead now and then I'll update Osdolen and Ost-Halatir. First I need to post for Isolde in Minas Tirith.

Yes, the Rangers will be taken to Annuminas. I solemnly swear ! *G*
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 08/Jul/2016 at 07:19 AM.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Aig - Rapido! rapido! Vamos! muchachos listo ai!

18. Aran: "Andale, andale! Arriba, arriba!"

Sam
    Aig, what RPG will follow Running with Casters, QoI, and the current Halcyon Guard threads? Will it be the long-awaited Revenge of Rhudaur, or do you have anything else planned?

I'm writing a brief "Chronicles of Jadis" series in one of the Lone Lands threads, occurring about 30 years before her arrival at Carn Dum (in the Queen of Iron RPG). I think I'll start it with Maugrim and Jadis meeting near the Ice Bay, then write a little about their adventures in the Lone Lands. If Dhamon could join an earlier "historical" post where he meets young Jadis and introduces her to Angmar, that'll be great! I realize you're quite busy right now (with all the updates, Bree threads, and posts for specific people), Aig, so please take your time with this idea - it's not urgent, and it can wait.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

20. Nolewen, The Revenge of Rhudaur RPG which I've been building up with several RPers, including yourself now, will launch right after the current Osdolen and Ost-Halatir RPs are finished. My Rambler's Hour and Flight to Rivendell mini-stories in the Lindon area also tie to Revenge of Rhudaur (as does the Qoi RPG) so they also have to be finished before that RPG can be made so that way everyone has the whole backstory to understand Revenge of Rhudaur well. I have short goals for the ministories as well as for Osdolen and Ost-Halatir so I hope I will be finished GM'ing them sometime before October ends.

After Revenge of Rhudaur is finished, Cassie and I would like to launch a Ranger-Halcyon-Coven RPG concerning the discovery of a spellbook which could be beneficial to Aura Camlost's witches. Aigronding and Khallador need to find the book before the mages do and destroy it. We could potentially get Jadis involved, helping her friend Aura, but we can start fleshing the plot out with Cassie after RoR !

I would love it if Dhamon entered your prequel series so we can write them interactions and everything
    ! Dhamon is presently 46 years old, his wife is 33, and their daughter is 16. How far back would Dhamon have met Jadis, started leading her through the Lone Lands, and meeting Aura before introducing her to Angmar? Aura returned to Dunland from the East in the springtime of TA 3003. I can enter our shared ministory whenever the time is right for Dhamon to meet Jadis, just gotta finish a post for Isolde in Minas Tirith and complete some Bree posts first though .
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 08/Jul/2016 at 07:59 PM.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Beren Camlost View Post
    Dhamon is presently 46 years old, his wife is 33, and their daughter is 16. How far back would Dhamon have met Jadis, started leading her through the Lone Lands, and meeting Aura before introducing her to Angmar?
    Will 13 years be reasonable? I will have Jadis run away from home, journey mainly around the Ice Bay, learn how to use the very basic of her powers, introduce her to modern weaponry, and have her meet Maugrim (roughly 30 years before the QoI RPG). Maugrim and Jadis become allies for a short while, then she understands he can't give her proper guidance in the lore of Angmar, her real interest, and they part ways. She returns home, is not kindly accepted by her family, but having no other place she can go to, Jadis stays. For 17 years she lives in the Ice Bay with her unfriendly family, then meets Dhamon and he leads her through the Lone Lands, introduces her to Angmar, and helps her meet Aura (and the rest of what we agreed on previously) Afterwards, when she journeys through the Lone Lands, she meets Maugrim in Bree and somehow recognizes him (he's in his man form). They continue journeying to Angmar together.

How does that sound?
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    Have I been absent long? ^^;

Sam
    Good to see you back, Troy. The Queen of Iron RPG excitedly awaits the actions of your characters... Hopefully you can drop by to join us there, and if you still wish, also in the Ice Fortress...
    Last edited by Nolewen; 01/Aug/2016 at 08:16 AM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Ercassie View Post
    "Dead is dead," he mentioned, sensibly, with a shake of his head, and caught then the expression that plagued her hot brow and already dirtied hands. "The living are not dead as yet," he struggled to elaborate. And he stalled there, as a change in wind struck him slap in the face. He was now saying what Erfaron would have said ... The sobering distaste of that saw the archer drop his high ground immediately and assist his rebellious young companion. She said naught. She had no need to.

Memories of the fallen, either abandoned or else hewed where they lay ... The image rallied Tirindo toward haste and new strength in their task. The dead deserved to be recognised, as once having had life. Laegon had told him that. Long ago. Laegon whose body had tumbled when the wall in Gondolin was pulled down. Within reaching distance of Lord Duilin had Tirindo's brother in law met an end. Within reaching distance of the Lord they would write songs about, there had died a small, insignificant and nameless soldier .. One who would never know a song written for him.

The archer smothered recollection of how they had fled. Leaving Laegon's broken body behind them. No time that day for graves. No time to put those spent to proper rest. Tirindo had often strangled thoughts of whether the poor, stricken soldier had seen them depart. The Authon dug hard beside Nyarane, and he dug well.

Cassie
    and Aran - two great posts in the Ettenmoors. An excellent read.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolewen View Post

Cassie
    and Aran - two great posts in the Ettenmoors. An excellent read.
    Le hannon, Nolewen. I learnt much from Cassie and it is to her you should praise. I am but her student.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Done, and done.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranadhel View Post
    Le hannon, Nolewen. I learnt much from Cassie and it is to her you should praise. I am but her student.
    Then she had taught you well .

I liked your QoI post, Troy! It seems like the writer's block is fading... I am preparing quite a nice battle for Maugrim's group and the scouts... I think I might let Troy have the honor of... taking care of your scout elf, Aran. We're going to have quite a fun time fighting, don't you think?
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Arwen
    *Pokes Aran* You required no teaching. but Thankyou of course, Nolewen

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Quote Originally Posted by Troigan View Post
    Done, and done.
    Let me know your plan on when to subdue and kill Sarumo so I will know how to end my last post RP'ing as him.

Gwaihir
    Hello? *flies in as an eagle and sits on a rock folding the wings * I am pointed to here...

I have no idea who I play yet. But yes I have read the last posts in your little Guard RP in the Ettenmoors, Ennora and Aranadhel. There is a maiden to be rescued. Or would you both like to continue as your RP'ing now?
    Last edited by Lady Aikári; 19/Aug/2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Edited for the right name.

Arwen
    *Admires the astounding eagle*

I think Aran is leading our Ettenmoors RP toward the Paths of Eriador, to try to lend aide to poor Strawberry (Rainelle), Aiks. You are very welcome to join us. If you like, post in ettenmoors as the person Nyarane just spotted. Else show up in the Paths of Eriador, somewhere rather nearby the mortal in trouble, and we will be there very soon. We can all join together *g*
    Last edited by Ercassie; 19/Aug/2016 at 12:45 PM.

Gwaihir
    Ennora: I'll take the paths of Eriador. Ah yes, I was wondering where Rainelle's post was, but I found it.

Aikanáto is Aik's twinbrother. Salmarin has two daughters and a son, who I write in COA. Aikanáto is the commander of the Valinorean Defence Fleet and sails the waters of Alatairë, hunting for anything that threatens his homeland. Here is he in action, in the last four paragraphs in my post of 5 October 2014. Nyarámo meets him at some point, but refuses to go. They are complete strangers to each other. Gives you an inkling who he is. (Where is sudden the question coming from who Aikanáto is I wonder, there you and Aranadhel are both asking it?- Found why ) But I was not planning to RP him.

We will discuss this further privately.
    Last edited by Lady Aikári; 20/Aug/2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Adding some information.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Aikári View Post
    Ennora: I'll take the paths of Eriador. Ah yes, I was wondering where Rainelle's post was, but I found it.

Aikanáto is Aik's twinbrother. Salmarin has two daughters and a son, who I write in COA. Aikanáto is the commander of the Valinorean Defence Fleet and sails the waters of Alatairë, hunting for anything that threatens his homeland. Here is he in action, in the last four paragraphs in my post of 5 October 2014. Nyarámo meets him at some point, but refuses to go. They are complete strangers to each other. Gives you an inkling who he is. (Where is sudden the question coming from who Aikanáto is I wonder, there you and Aranadhel are both asking it?- Found why ) But I was not planning to RP him.

We will discuss this further privately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ercassie View Post
    *Admires the astounding eagle*

I think Aran is leading our Ettenmoors RP toward the Paths of Eriador, to try to lend aide to poor Strawberry (Rainelle), Aiks. You are very welcome to join us. If you like, post in ettenmoors as the person Nyarane just spotted. Else show up in the Paths of Eriador, somewhere rather nearby the mortal in trouble, and we will be there very soon. We can all join together *g*
    For the High Elves! Onwards mellyn!

Gwaihir
    Aranadhel: It is not necessary to quote us, I think. Our posts are just above yours.

Dear friends, I am sorry I can't join into this hunt. Due to terribly hot weather this week, had still to work, felt drained and got to recover. I wasn't in for inspiration, because I felt exhausted. Lucky it's now normal again and I feel much better. Sorry I let you down, besides the promise to join.

35. Just a heads up: I'm halfway done with my Osdolen update (the Ranger part; when that's done, I'm going back to the beginning of my post to write the Aura-Lond Daer segment since the Dunedain portion is more clearer in my mind's eye right now). It's a long reply (currently 1,457 words) but it will take us where we need to be. I've shortened the outline Greyfang and I made together so we can get this done hopefully by the end of the month. I'm going to rush the story a bit but with style . I should be done before Sunday night. And Cassie, I shall not forget Henry hanging out with Jowan and helping him get a puppy . I will include the Imelda meeting with Tirwen also, Nolewen .
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 07/Oct/2016 at 08:06 AM.

Sam
    Thank you, Aig!
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Nolewen - Seems your Elsirner needs some Elven company so Nyarane has begged me (the writer) to include her in Weathertop RP Two blonde Elves good enough for you, dear?

Sam
    Elsilner will be glad of elven company, Aran!
    Last edited by Nolewen; 22/Oct/2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Arwen
    Any chance at all that we are any closer to having an update in Osdolen any time at all soon ?

I do not mean to bother you when you are busy, Beren, but it has now been eighteen months since the last GM update for participants, and over a month has passed since you said you were half way through a post. That's all.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 10/Nov/2016 at 02:28 PM.

40. Yes, by November 22nd, the Teusday after next . Any time between now and that date. I have a very important vacation this weekend; I'll miss out on two days of writing, so I want to get a chunk of NaNo material done by then while simultaneously finshing my Henry and Imelda segments which are the only parts left to do for the Osdolen update .

Again, sorry for the long wait. I was banking on Wolf getting back into the swing of things since I didn't want to carry on without him (now I am, of course, yes) and I had to get to other Eriador threads which needed my attention as well as making Bree strong (I'll get back to that soon; I think you know why I've put that on hold in the meanwhile.....) and updating Lindon, and working on my book.

Also, one of the reasons why I've lately been slow with it is because I'll be doing things which I assume now some people might complain about, based off the reactions concerning magic in the Queen of Iron activity. I won't hold back though, I've decided. Being restrained by lack of lore in a certain subject such as spellcasters kind of sucks sometimes
    ! When participants read of enchanted skeleton warriors, I don't want there to be an arguments (Not talking to Cassie here since she already has gladly volunteered for Drest to control them while we were discussing matters on IM a little while ago). Sorcerers of the Coven will not be dull characters.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 10/Nov/2016 at 04:17 PM.

Arwen
    I am still willing, as I have said before, to delete my post as Jowan; so that you need not bother yourself responding as Henry. The blind man befriending a young boy is not an essential subplot, and I would not see it become the cause that others involved in the main plot are left to wait around for their update.

If you therefore just want to write the Imelda part, I would very much understand. In the interest of maintaining the rpg as active again sooner rather than later.

42. I rather you not because it would mean the time I've put in already as Henry would be for nothing and it's important to see how sweet he was before the death of his father turns him down a dark road.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 10/Nov/2016 at 05:49 PM.

Arwen
    Maybe I have misunderstood . I thought the Henry part of your post was something you still had to write ?
    Last edited by Ercassie; 11/Nov/2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Decided not to add the later edit.

44. I'm in the process of finishing his segment (and it's been quite a few days since we spoke of me writing Henry, I must point out) then his mama's.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 10/Nov/2016 at 06:56 PM.

Sam
    Done with the Weathertop post. I truly enjoyed reading your reply, Cassie, especially the parts with the wind (which inspired me the most, perhaps... ) and the interesting conversation about hope which we've started in our previous posts. Also the curious reply of Jowan to Elsilner's question, and the black bird. I think something very interesting is beginning there, Cassie and Aran. Maybe we will fight some things, after all.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Done with the Weathertop post. I truly enjoyed reading your reply, Cassie, especially the parts with the wind (which inspired me the most, perhaps... ) and the interesting conversation about hope which we've started in our previous posts. Also the curious reply of Jowan to Elsilner's question, and the black bird. I think something very interesting is beginning there, Cassie and Aran. Maybe we will fight some things, after all.
    Great post!

btw, how old is Elsiner? Rane is around 7000ish

Sam
    Elsilner's age is about a tenth of Rane's age... he's 704 in TA 3014...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Elsilner's age is about a tenth of Rane's age... he's 704 in TA 3014...
    Lol so young! Ok so Rane is his big sister/guardian then ^_^

Love how you portray him so serious and business like. Very elvish!

Sam
    Elsilner (along with Nolewen, four years younger than him) is a wandering elf and a fighter. He recognizes danger swifter than others, perhaps, but you're right that he can be quite suspicious at times... maybe even too suspicious... Usually I don't manage to give him this serious businesslike feeling in my posts, although I try, but somehow I did that successfully on Weathertop, apparently. Thank you for the compliment, Aran, he's meant to seem very elvish!

I don't think Elsilner will be too supportive of the idea that Rane is trying to be his big sister/guardian... he'd been very independent since a very young age... He had also seen things some elves twice his age have never even imagined, and faced adventures and monstrous creatures much wilder than several elves who've lived to see the beginning of the third age, I suppose... so he gets easily offended when called "young" or otherwise judged by his age.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Elsilner (along with Nolewen, four years younger than him) is a wandering elf and a fighter. He recognizes danger swifter than others, perhaps, but you're right that he can be quite suspicious at times... maybe even too suspicious... Usually I don't manage to give him this serious businesslike feeling in my posts, although I try, but somehow I did that successfully on Weathertop, apparently. Thank you for the compliment, Aran, he's meant to seem very elvish!

I don't think Elsilner will be too supportive of the idea that Rane is trying to be his big sister/guardian... he'd been very independent since a very young age... He had also seen things some elves twice his age have never even imagined, and faced adventures and monstrous creatures much wilder than several elves who've lived to see the beginning of the third age, I suppose... so he gets easily offended when called "young" or otherwise judged by his age.
    Oh charming!.... you have to impress Rane then

btw, since he is blonde, father is a ? mother is a?

Since Rane's father is a Sinda and mother is a Noldo...
    Last edited by Aranadhel; 12/Nov/2016 at 09:02 PM.

Sam
    Both his parents are of the Noldor, but he must have had some ancestor not belonging to the Deep-elves. When I made up Elsilner's character, I had less knowledge of the elves than I have now... which means I need to find answers for several interesting questions regarding his appearance, age, and Noldor characteristics, to fix mistakes I've made due to lack of knowledge in those areas. So please forgive me, Aran. Although Nolewen fits her Noldo expectations much better than Elsilner, which I suppose is some comfort...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Both his parents are of the Noldor, but he must have had some ancestor not belonging to the Deep-elves. When I made up Elsilner's character, I had less knowledge of the elves than I have now... which means I need to find answers for several interesting questions regarding his appearance, age, and Noldor characteristics, to fix mistakes I've made due to lack of knowledge in those areas. So please forgive me, Aran. Although Nolewen fits her Noldo expectations much better than Elsilner, which I suppose is some comfort...
    So he is pure Noldor you say? Hooray! *jumps for joy*

Noldor are my favorite elves ever yes!

No need to apologize dear re Elsiner bio data etc... I understand... I went thru the same when I had Rane... I would like to meet Nolewen someday...

So he must have Vanyar ancestors ala Finrod and Galadriel....

I look forward to us continuing our sojourn at Amon Sul...

53. Like Aran just mentioned blonde Elves of Middle-earth must have had paternal or maternal ancestors who were Vanyar of Aman. Full-blooded Vanyar remained in the Undying Lands (with the exception of Turgon's wife but she died on the Grinding Ice. Soldiers of the tribe went to Beleriand to fight in the War of Wrath but they returned to the Blessed Realm when the conflict ended) but their scions (like Glorfindel) went to live in Middle-earth. I hope that helps, Nolewen.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 13/Nov/2016 at 06:19 PM.

Sam
    Yes, Aran, I suppose he's pure Noldor - except for some grandmother who was of the Vanyar, most likely. Thanks for the helpful information, Aig!
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Yes, Aran, I suppose he's pure Noldor - except for some grandmother who was of the Vanyar, most likely. Thanks for the helpful information, Aig!
    If you could direct me to the link to his Character Submission page that would be great so I can learn more about him.

Rarely do we get 2 blondes in a single RPG. Lol.

56. Glad to have helped, Nolewen !

<Samwisedit: >
    Last edited by Nolewen; 13/Nov/2016 at 07:08 PM.

Sam
    Here, Aran: http://lotrplaza.com/showthread.php?75661-Eriador-Character-Submissions&p=638654#post638654

Just keep in mind many things have changed concerning Elsilner since I posted his Character Submission, over a year ago, and never updated it. I should probably edit the post and add several important things I've changed since I wrote it... but until then, please remember it's not entirely correct.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Here, Aran: http://lotrplaza.com/showthread.php?75661-Eriador-Character-Submissions&p=638654#post638654

Just keep in mind many things have changed concerning Elsilner since I posted his Character Submission, over a year ago, and never updated it. I should probably edit the post and add several important things I've changed since I wrote it... but until then, please remember it's not entirely correct.
    Well noted, mellon nin. What do you want to do with the black bird? shoot it down? or leave it?

Sam
    I'm not sure, Aran. Perhaps Cassie had a specific intention in mind when she first wrote about the black bird? I think Cassie's opinion on this matter would be much more helpful than mine.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Arwen
    Birds as spies and messengers is frequently a theme used in Middle Earth adventures. It is entirely possible that this black bird is in fact more than it seems. I shall post for Weathertop soon though not today. I should point out though, for Beren's peace of mind if no one else's that yes, Drest is affiliated with a fell spirit which often uses the guise of a black bird. However, I will not be bringing Drest into the Weathertop RPG. After what happened in his dealings with Orcs of Angmar, there is NO way whatsoever that my evil sorceror would knowingly reveal either himself or the coven to a group of Rangers and Elves. It is more than his miserable life is worth and he would not risk the hassle.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 13/Nov/2016 at 08:54 PM.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    can we shoot and grill it?

ARWEN EDIT~I am not sure that crow would be a tasty accompaniment to your rabbit stew, Aran, but yes. There is no reason why you can not shoot at it.

SAMWISEDIT~Please, help yourself, Aran - or I could have Elsilner do it, if you want. Though I must agree with Cassie it wouldn't exactly go well with the stew...
    Last edited by Nolewen; 24/Nov/2016 at 04:48 PM.

62. Cassie, that sounds good. We wouldn't Aura to feed him to her kitty .

I'm a day late but my post will be finished after work today

63. I sacrificed a night of NaNoWriMo'ing to finish Osdolen but it was a joy *G*. Well, scratch that - reverse it. I still have Imelda and Henry to finish but I needed to comple thoroughly the main segments; I'll post here concerning the completion of the Henry and Imelda segments for Cassie and Nolewen tonight after work and Thankgiving supper.

Regarding future posts following Osdolen - I'm working on Chithing Festival, Nightshade, getting Rambler's Hour finished, Flight to Rivendell completed, and a post in Queen of Iron next. I'm also starting a little something in the Cottage but more about that later.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 24/Nov/2016 at 04:04 PM.

Sam
    Nice post, Aig. If Aura needs any help - Jadis & company are ready to assist.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

65. Thanks, Nolewen ! I'll have my Imelda part for you tonight and the Henry one for Cassie; I'll remark here when they've been edited into the post. Would you like for Imelda to have told Tirwen about Khallador's mission? She could have caught up with him en route to Annuminas. Since we want Casters done very soon, we will leave Jadis and the Angmarians out but I will plot with you about their involvement in Revenge of Rhudaur which I hope to launch in December. I could easily have Aura fast travel by leystone to Angmar to get Jadis and a contingent of Angmar troops for backup in Osdolen but in the interest of ending this fast we'll forego their presence unfortunately but they can definitely feature in RoR!

Sam
    Excellent. Jadis will certainly be prepared to participate in RoR; I've been thinking of several creatures she could lead along with some of the Angmar Army as backup for Aura, I hope to share those plans with you once you get a little less busy with NaNo writing and QoI successfully comes to an end.

In my next QoI posts, Jadis will find and capture Aig; she'll bring him back to Angmar, victorious, reunite with Maugrim & his scouts, and torture Aig in the presence of Maugrim, Dhamon and Mawg - if that's alright with you. Then she'll release him after some brief public humiliation, and the RPG will be over. This should take me 2-3 posts, I think, Aig.

Tirwen will be pleased to join Khallador; I'll be glad if you could just shortly explain this RPG's basic plot, because I'm not quite sure I understand everything that's going on over there, ​Aig.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

67. I edited in my Imelda segment for you, Nolewen ! I'm really tired right now and still need to type up tonight what I wrote for my NaNo story earlier today during some slow hours at work, so I'll work finish my Henry part tomorrow for Cassie. I'll be done with NaNo writing by December 1st. Since you want to end the RPG with Jadis releasing Aig, I'll show what happened to him afterwards and him taking everyone back home in Castles in the Sand with a solo post . You and I are going to go back and forth in QoI with him being captured and tortured though right?

What's happened with the Casters RPG so far:

1.) Henry the Seer, Khallador's teenage relative, had a vision of Khallador being mortally wounded by a sorceress; Khallador reassures him he'll be alright.

2.)Khallador tells Rangers in the Four Winds at Osdolen that he wants to start collecting caches of ancient weapons the Dunedain of the past had once enchanted to fight Morgul-users; they would need to head to Annuminas for that.

3.)Meanwhile, Aura is revealed to be on a smilar mission - looking for the same caches (she has been for a while and has already many enchanted swords in her possession) for the Coven's benefit. Aura finally assaults a Ranger outpost for the first time, openly, and discovers the location of another cache which is Annuminas. During her travel to the city, Aileen has a conversation with her father (by astral projection) who she has discovered months ago and has been in contact with; he assures her he is coming to rescue her. \

4.)Khallador is made aware of the Coven by an archaeologist he's friends with. Khallador gets to Elendil's mansion in Annuminas but finds Aura there . She attacks his party but Aileen saves them. Determined to wrest the cache away from Aura's minions, Khallador enters the catacombs of Elendil's castle with some of the Rangers; the others try to find another cache in a watchtower but they are confronted by bandits servicing Aura. Aileen warns Aura that she feels
    there's some kind of familial connection between herself and Khallador, that if they spare his life they might find out where Beren is (Aileen already knows the location of her father and what he plans to do but she's stalling, pretending like she doesn't know so Aura won't find out that Beren is on his way to take their daughter away from her). [COLOR=#006400]

That's pretty much the short of it. Imelda has spoke to Tirwen, reciting the Oath of the Rangers for the girl to recite/swear. Imelda has suggested she try to find Khallador so she can back him up in Annuminas if necessary
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 25/Nov/2016 at 03:59 PM.

Sam
    Of course we'll be going back and forth in QoI with Aig being captured and tortured. You can end the RPG with his release, healing, and and journey home, if you'd like, Aig , instead of posting it all in Castles in the Sand.

By the way, what rank should I use for Tirwen? (Recruit or Scout?)
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

69. Okay to all the above, Nolewen !

I wasn't sure of it all cuz it sounded like none of the aforementioned would be done in QoI but I'm glad to stand corrected ! You can start off with Scout . Let me know if you need more questions answered.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 26/Nov/2016 at 07:01 AM.

Fabulous update, Beren, wow! Exciting jolt to kickstart us back into motion there!

It took me a few days to finally read the entirety, but I am working on my next Ann post and hope to have it up soon.

71. *Bows* Thank you, Ankala ! I was hoping the update would be fantastic and that I did a good job linking Uvanimor and the long-anticipated/upcoming Revenge of Rhudaur RPG together. There's not much more to do now since I've shortened the goals for Casters. I'm glad you're still with us . Cassie has already began her post. With you both and Nolewen, Rain, and, hopefully, Aranadhel I'm sure we can still give it a good finish. I'm committed. No more long waits. Sorry, it tooks me so long; I loathed to continue without Greyfang (but I am now though I gave him the opportunity to play Rose and Taerion still if he can jump back in), had had so many places to get to in the region, and have been so absorbed with writing my book. I'm excited to see your post !

72. I edited in my last segment for Osdolen, Cassie, the Henry part!

It is fabulous, Beren. It will also take several posts for us to play the story out and I will put up my first one tonight (just getting to the tower before the fighting to the top!!!!) HA

Sam
    Aig, should I have Tirwen join Khallador or Bregolon?
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    Okay, I'm on break now. Anyone needs me to post something in one of the RPs?

Arwen
    Well I have just managed the Jowan part of my post for Osdolen. Apologies, that this last month has really dragged me through the wringer in RL, on top of all the usual Festive mayhem; and my inclination toward RP here has suffered as a result. The Mirana/Gwandhyra and Drest portion of my post will be edited in hopefully before the end of this weekend. *crossing fingers*

EDIT :~~ Crossing fingers didn't help. It's going to be a day or so probably.

LATER EDIT :~~ Turns out I have lost all manner of writing ability. Writers block ! I'll get to it whensoever this once more becomes a possibility
    Last edited by Ercassie; 15/Jan/2017 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Adding edit

Scavenger of Mordor
    Where should, Tharrim jump in?

Also, should I wait until Aranadhel posts again to play as my character when he dies?

Sam
    Also, should I wait until Aranadhel posts again to play as my character when he dies?
    Are you referring to the Queen of Iron RPG, Troy?

In my Osdolen post, Tirwen joined Bregolon, because it seemed most natural for the newly recruited Ranger to discover the fight in the woods before finding out anything about the battle in the catacombs under the ruined city. However, if Tirwen's help is needed more in with Khallador's group, I will gladly edit my post, Aig.
    Last edited by Nolewen; 08/Jan/2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Where should, Tharrim jump in?

Hey Troigan, just to update you that I will no longer post as Sarumo as he is going to be KIA. By you.

Arwen
    You are welcome to have Thairrim in the catacombs helping Drest, if you would like to join in the Casters rpg, Troigan. Beren will doubtless give you his direction of what to do since he's the GM of that rpg.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 15/Jan/2017 at 06:23 PM.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Quote Originally Posted by Beren Camlost View Post
    *Bows* Thank you, Ankala ! I was hoping the update would be fantastic and that I did a good job linking Uvanimor and the long-anticipated/upcoming Revenge of Rhudaur RPG together. There's not much more to do now since I've shortened the goals for Casters. I'm glad you're still with us . Cassie has already began her post. With you both and Nolewen, Rain, and, hopefully, Aranadhel I'm sure we can still give it a good finish. I'm committed. No more long waits. Sorry, it tooks me so long; I loathed to continue without Greyfang (but I am now though I gave him the opportunity to play Rose and Taerion still if he can jump back in), had had so many places to get to in the region, and have been so absorbed with writing my book. I'm excited to see your post !
    Happy new year to you & hopefully we get to finish the Casters RP as you have mentioned.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Hello,

I would like to inquire whether Running With the Casters or any other of the RPs are still available to be joined? I intend to create a plethora of characters for the Eriador region, specifically a brother-sister Ranger duo, which I can gear somewhat towards the Osdolen story if its still open. I am also going to create an elf character or two, though I do not know where I can fit them in just yet. Just wanting some info on the status of things :)
    Last edited by Lantaelen; 23/Jan/2017 at 06:42 PM.
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantaelen View Post
    Hello,

I would like to inquire whether Running With the Casters or any other of the RPs are still available to be joined? I intend to create a plethora of characters for the Eriador region, specifically a brother-sister Ranger duo, which I can gear somewhat towards the Osdolen story if its still open. I am also going to create an elf character or two, though I do not know where I can fit them in just yet. Just wanting some info on the status of things :)
    Hello & welcome Lantainen... You just be patient ok and wait for the GM to brief you on the on-going RPG you mentioned wanting to join. I play an Elf in Casters named Nyarane by the way

Another RPG which I write in is called http://lotrplaza.com/showthread.php?...er-of-Amon-Sul and you are more than welcome to join in on that one as an Elf ... See you there soon!

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Patience is the key around here! I can certainly wait, though I must admit I am feeling over-eager.

I'll give the thread a look! Definitely am enticed by joining in at Amon Sul...and everywhere else if possible haha. Thanks again for the invite there!
    Last edited by Lantaelen; 23/Jan/2017 at 08:15 PM.
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Sam
    Are you interested in Angmar and Rhudaur, Lantaelen?

The Watchtower of Amon Sul is also an excellent place to start in; we've only just began adventuring there, though it's not a big planned RPG or anything, just a quiet nice story, and we still don't know what will become of it.

If you're interested in elves, you may want to check out Rivendell and the Halcyon Guard or Lindon and the Lindon Guard. Generally, I think all current RPGs in LL could still be joined; but you'll have to ask the Thread Runners of the specific ones you would like to join, and they'll explain the RPG's plot, main characters, and other important thing you may want to know before you join.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    I am kind of torn between leaping feet-first into as many RPs as I can while on the other hand I feel like I should transition slowly, being still a newbie to the forums. I do have an interest in Angmar, though perhaps some of the more established games are not for me, coming in late and all. As you say, I should speak with the Thread Runners more privately. Ignore my earlier request then. I shall keep to the Watchtower of Amon Sul for now, since it's new and more open to incoming writers.

I do have an interest in elves. I'll check out the respective threads for Rivendell and Lindon [probably join the Lindon Guard] and complete the whole enlistment process before joining in, I guess. Or can I join as an independent character and have them enlist via IC actions and so forth?

87. Hello, Lantaelen! I'm a mayor of Eriador and have been one of its rulers for many years. I run quite a lot of RPs in the region. You may participate in Running with the Casters if you like; Khallador Galerida, a commanding NPC of mine, took plenty of unnamed Rangers with him to Annuminas to recover a cache of weapons spelled by Numenorean enchanters (I provided quotes about the mages of Westernesse in the RP, including the magicked blades read about in Fellowship of the Ring). All you need to know for that is Khallador led his Rangers to the ruins of the ancient capital but unexpectedly encountered a Morgul sorceress who bears the surname of his cousin, Beren (me, named after the romantic hero of the First Age). Aura tried to kill the Rangers but her little girl, Aileen, saved their lives, affording them a chance to get to the areas where the magical weapons are. You can be with Khallador in the catacombs or you can be with the other Rangers inside a nearby tower.

I'm not ready to update Uvanimor yet for the Halcyon Guard - I should be able to during the month of February; right now I want to get Casters done first - but you can post in the fortress thread, Ost-Halatir, in Rivendell. You can post in Nightshade for the Lindon Guard, that RPG is just beginning really. As soon as you've written there I'll update it.

If you're interested in the historical RPG Saga, Ages of Arda, we could talk about how to get you started there in the OOC thread for it. The current installment is almost finished. I hope we can get to the Bragollach/Quest of the Silmaril RPG sometime before Beren and Luthien gets published this spring.

Yes, there's patience is good... I've been writing a high-fantasy/steampunk book, the first in a series, since 2012 so that takes up a lot of writing time daily for me and I do a lot of Free RP stories by myself and with others. I'm trying to wrap up the RPGs I've been leading for a few years now presently.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Hello Beren! Thank you a lot for your welcome and informative response. You opened a lot of doors for me, it seems :)

I am well aware of the enchanting powers of the North-Kingdom, so this plotline is pleasantly new and different for me and I am very much interested in joining. Before I do make a post, are the characters I posted in the Submissions Thread alright for this sort of RP or do they require a little edition? That is no problem for me, as I am trying to still adapt to the methods utilized here. I have a brother-sister Ranger duo who could be involved, though I'll probably only have one of them be apart of this expedition and have another go to Amon Sul. Once I learn more and do a bit more research into the previous posts for the RP, I will certainly throw up a post for my characters!

My elven character has plenty of options it seems. I'll keep him on the fence until I have my other characters meshed into a roleplay. I certainly have a deep interest in Silmarillion-based roleplays and will happy get involved in Ages of Arda games. Again, torn between getting stuck in deeply and taking my time haha.

No rush or pressure from me though. I can see that you are very busy and GMing even one game with a lot of writers isn't an easy task. I commend you for your efforts! I myself got about a dozen private stories going on in other sites and so forth, so I know the grind. You've given me plenty to muse over and I'll drop you a message if I got any more questions!

Thanks!

Sam
    There's also Queen of Iron which you may still join with your Ranger or elf characters, Lantaelen; although it may be a little less pleasant than other RPGs, because the evil forces of Angmar are eventually going to win. This will all lead to the future planned Revenge of Rhudaur, but Aig's the expert on that and could explain the entire Coven idea better than I can.

Aig, I'm still planning to write a "Chronicles of Jadis" series of posts. I'm hoping I could finish the first part (involving her harsh childhood among the snowmen and the impatient treatment she got from her parents as a response for her unexplained powers over snow and ice) soon, but I still need to figure where Maugrim and Dhamon come into the story. If there's anything you need a companion for (one of your private RPs, mini-stories and such) please don't hesitate to ask. My hobbits, elves, Dwarves, Ranger, and naturally Jadis and Maugrim are at your service. I know it could be no fun writing alone... feels so lonely sometimes...
    Last edited by Nolewen; 24/Jan/2017 at 07:45 PM.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Nolewen, I believe I got my characters mostly assigned to certain places and got my posts written up, though I'm a bit nervous to post them haha. I'll be sending my male Ranger to Amon Sul and my female one to Osdolen, it seems. I'm sure someone will if there is issue with my posts but I was just wondering if someone might, when I post them in a couple minutes, gloss over my posts and ensure they are okay? Might just be trippin' out over nothing but I want to make sure. All that pressure in fitting in and all, ya know?

For Osdolen, my character is essentially a nameless NPC with the party becoming...un-nameless? She'll be with the outside party covering the tower attack and so forth. I'm mostly concerned about stepping on people's toes and such so I hope it's alright.

And the evil guys winning is always good stuff :P Thanks again for all your helpful input and I hope my posts fit in smoothly here.
    Last edited by Lantaelen; 24/Jan/2017 at 10:42 PM.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantaelen View Post
    Nolewen, I believe I got my characters mostly assigned to certain places and got my posts written up, though I'm a bit nervous to post them haha. I'll be sending my male Ranger to Amon Sul and my female one to Osdolen, it seems. I'm sure someone will if there is issue with my posts but I was just wondering if someone might, when I post them in a couple minutes, gloss over my posts and ensure they are okay? Might just be trippin' out over nothing but I want to make sure. All that pressure in fitting in and all, ya know?

For Osdolen, my character is essentially a nameless NPC with the party becoming...un-nameless? She'll be with the outside party covering the tower attack and so forth. I'm mostly concerned about stepping on people's toes and such so I hope it's alright.

And the evil guys winning is always good stuff :P Thanks again for all your helpful input and I hope my posts fit in smoothly here.
    You are an excellent writer. Way better than me... great job. I can really feel the pain of your Rangers in both stories.

Might I just note that in Amon Sul... Nolewen's Elf is on watch so your Ranger might have not spotted him... yet :P

He is more than welcome to try Rane's rabbit stew when I post again... but I shall await for both Nolewen and Cassie to post first at Amon Sul before I do.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Thank you for your kind words Aranadhel. Well nobody is perfect, as I have missed a few things in both my posts. I'll have to correct those soon!

As for not seeing Nolewen elf, it could just be he is just a much better scout and watcher, being one of the elder race. But my character shouldn't have anything to fear from that. Still, sorry Nolewen!

And no rush on the posts! Just happy to be getting involved :)

Warlord of Mordor
    Really enjoying your posts so far, Lantaelen! Just sent you a PM

At some point I will get back into Osdolen... got a couple of Tavari posts to finish first!

Sam
    I agree you've made some excellent posts, Lantaelen. There's one thing I'm not sure I understood, though. You mentioned only four people in your post, two elves and two Rangers, while in truth we are five upon the Hill: Cassie's three Rangers, Aran's elf, and my own elf. You seem to have missed someone... or is that on purpose?

I will reply soon in the Watchtower thread, when I find the time, Aran. I also answered your PM
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Nolewen - Getting super excited with amon Sul. Now another Dunadan joins our party! hooray! More food!

It's a shame Rane didn't bring any wine or beer from Rivendell

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Not on purpose! It was an honest mistake, probably from absorbing so much detail after reading the entire thread hah. But I corrected it last night and hope I got everyone down. I mention five of them, though Mith is not acquainted with Tirwen yet and doesn't know what race she is either. But I think there is still some incorrectness on my part.

To confirm, there's Gwandhyra, Mirana [Ana. Or is Ana referring to someone else?], Nyarane, Tirwen, and Ann Kalagon, plus Bregolon. So six. Who am I missing?!

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Lantainen - It's all good with a warm fuzzy feeling

So Ercassie's 3 Dunedain, Nolewen's brave and handsome young daring Elf who is very good at singing and my Elf, who is busy cooking some nice traditional Irish stew with rabbits & taters. Yum.

Me thinks you are confusing Bregolon and Ann Kalagon (that's the Casters RPG).

Ours with your brave Dunadan male is at Amon Sul.
    Last edited by Aranadhel; 25/Jan/2017 at 08:49 PM.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Ohhh were you guys referring to the Amon Sul post? Here I thought you were talking about the Running with the Casters one. Ain't I a doofus never mind then! I'll correct that.

Arwen
    Before we all get further confused, it seems as though Nolewen is asking who the newcomer did not spot at Weathertop. Whereas Lantaelen is referring to the folks in Annuminas, in the Casters rpg.

There are definitely five people on Weathertop. Ana (who is also Mirana, ) is the one who was not mentioned. Although to be fair I had said she had wondered off to harvest the overgrown remnants of the herb garden. Elsiner was described as 'almost blending into his surroundings', so well done to the newcomer for spotting him !

As an aside, I didn't mention Gwandhyra observing Tirwen in my Casters post. This is because I got the impression that Tirwen had run off through the woods with Bregolon, drawing the attention of enemy archers so that Gwandhyra and Rane and Ann Kalagon could get to the tower entrance without being shot !

Is everybody suitably confused yet ?

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Like I said dear friend it's all good.

Yes Casters at this point is at a point of mayhem since battle has begun... yeehaw!