Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Phew. How embarrassing, these rookie mistakes of mine. If anything, maybe Mirana was spotted but Elsiner was not. No one is perfect at scouting, especially when looking uphill at a watchtower with plenty of ruins to obscure sight and all. So I guess that can be an explanation of why some people were missed. Same with Casters. She isn't the best of Rangers and her offensive awareness isn't all that keen. Well hopefully it is all settled!
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Pfffttttt all hail the mighty Cassie for the uber confusion ahahahahaha!

UNDOMIEL EDIT ~~ I have removed the Quote of my post from this post. Please please do not quote the person directly above you, or quote without adding at least 200 letters of your own to the post. Thanks
    Last edited by Ercassie; 25/Jan/2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Adding edit
    We are the mighty Noldor! Morgoth's Bane!

Arwen
    I near forgot, Lantaelen, Officially a welcome from me also You are doing brilliantly You shall find responses to the latest PMs soon. I need to conjure some posts first. And I think I may owe Moriel a reply somewhere also
    Last edited by Ercassie; 29/Jan/2017 at 09:33 PM.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Thank you Ercassie! Looking forward to those responses :)
    Last edited by Lantaelen; 27/Jan/2017 at 09:38 PM.
    “For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Warlord of Mordor
    I don't recall you owing me a reply Cassie (unless Nariel wants to come back in the room in Nightshade and smack Davos for ogling her bottom ), I did send you a PM recently but it was only to tell you about my last post in the Valley- if you have commentary I'd love to hear it but if not, no worries Unless I've lost my mind and we started something somewhere I can't remember

Arwen
    It was a review of several amazing posts you've done, Moriel, as I recall. Nariel would undoubtedly delight that her bottom is being ogled. It's not only a compliment to her vanity, but also she may well get to see Thermaras rippling his muscles as he throws Davos into the sea. Lots of folkses getting thrown into the sea today ..

Lantaelen, you are very welcome. Clearly we are all insane here, but it's good crazy.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 25/Jan/2017 at 09:29 PM.

Warlord of Mordor
    Davos wouldn't mind

Arwen
    Everybody wins then

*Trots off to scribble notes of things toward completion*
    Last edited by Ercassie; 25/Jan/2017 at 09:31 PM.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Is the Uvanimor RPG gonna be stuck or will there be an ending on that one?
    Last edited by Aranadhel; 27/Jan/2017 at 09:44 PM.

Sam
    Good crazy... quite so, Cassie.

I posted in the Watchtower thread, Aran, Cassie, and Lantaelen. Please excuse Elsilner for questioning Uialtôr so roughly, but he's a very suspicious and cautious elf - based on years of personal experience with untrustworthy strangers, naturally; he likes to have the smallest amount of dealing possible with possibly hostile individuals, and prefers to keep the conversation with them straightforward and to the point. Once he learns to trust someone, however... he becomes a completely different person .

Aran, Elsilner gave Rane the opportunity to decide what to do with the bird... as you can probably see, Elsilner has his own theories regarding the bird, I'm curious what Rane thinks about it...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I am glad that you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam."

Frodo, RotR

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    It was a beautiful post Nolewen! No worries about the rough greeting. I imagined it would be something like that with strangers, even between those who would be allies. So for this RP, is there a posting order? Should I wait for the others before posting again or what?

Arwen
    You are welcome to post in the Uvanimor rpg, Aran, while we wait for Beren's next update. Plenty of action can be prompted from his last update still. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask in the Rivendell OOC thread, since it is a Rivendell rpg.

That is another excellent post Nolewen. The great thing about a casual rpg like Amon Sul, with no actual GM is that we can all contribute as much or little as we like and anyone can take the action in a new direction with their own idea.

I am fair sure that you are good to post again without waiting on everybody in Amon Sul, Lantaelen. Your character was given a direct prompt to respond to Elsiner's question. So it makes sense for you to post back.

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Nolewen - Excellent post... so your Elf is mocking Rane huh?

Lantainen - I will post next then you can post after me...

Cassie - Boo!

14. Cassie and Aran, yeah, anyone can feel free to post in Uvanimor while waiting for me. As I've remarked somewhere recently in an OOC thread here, I want to finish Osdolen first since it only has a few more posts left before ending. When that's over, I'll help everyone end Uvanimor in February since that also doesn't have a lot of posts left to go. Then I'll make the Revenge of Rhudaur RPG if I'm done with the short amount of posts I need to make for the Rambler's Hour (2) and Flight to Rivendell (1).

Moriel, you can either have herappear with the Rangers coming up from the south when they hear Ankala ringing the alarum bell inside that tower; she would be fighting the ruffians Aura has enlisted to fight the Rangers and would see Aura mightily revealing her Morgul power for the first time before her retreat. Moriel would then speak to Khallador about her urgency to speak with Elrond about a third sorcerer in Eriador. They already know about Jadis and Amarthel by this point because of the Queen of Iron RPG which was why Khallador wanted the Rangers to begin finding all the known caches of ancient Numenorean magical weapons (refer to the canon quotes I used in Osdolen); we'll see that happen at the end of QoI when the Rangers come back to Osdolen. Moriel will discover Elrond is stationed at Ost-Carloth in the High Moor which places her at the beginning of the Revenge of Rhudaur RPG where she meets Aileen for the first time; she'll only have a glimpse of her by the lake in Osdolen, their eyes can meet for a moment and Moriel can register the fact that the girl is afraid of her mother and could use that fear to the Freeps' advantage in Revenge of Rhudaur, helping Aileen switch allegiance and also because she wants to save her niece from wicked influence; she's part of her pack
    . Sounds good? And, yes, I know what you're thinking: "But what about the first time we saw Aileen years ago when she was dancing in Rivendell during the time of Revenge of Rhudaur?" She's not evil and can get into the valley; she entered Imladris while she was spying for her mom before the attack, ultimately coming to the realization that Elves are not bad people like Aura insisted they were before returning to the enemy encampment. I got this. Everything being written for years is being tied together...and finally forming a whole story.

When Revenge of Rhudaur is over, a new Osdolen thread will be made by me before or after June, including a new RP for the Rangers and another for the Halcyon Guard.

Cassie, Tharmaras would do that

Opening doors for newbies and oldies alike is my speciality, Lantaelen! I'll be answering your PM soon; forgive my lateness, there's been so much to write and shiftwork recently in RL. I'm so very happy you're going to welcome me using the enchanting powers of the North-kingdom; I know it's something done before on the Plaza but it's so deperately needed in this time we've done pretty much everything. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you're open to it being part of RPGs; I know some members have been hesitant but it's surely the way to go to make things interesting here in Eriador. I have to get to my job in a few minutes but I'm going to look over your character submission tonight after I come back (last evening I was only able to read your Castles posts which are really quite well-written!) and will speak to you about them here; I'll take a look at your AoA OOC post tonight, too, and I hope that you'd be willing to take some canon characters. I'm glad you're excited about AoA; more participants means more fun and getting the saga done quicker!

Nolewen, QoI will end in a somber note but at least there will be a glimmer of hope with Khallador determined to find the caches of enchanted Numenorean weapons and talking to Vincent Peppermint....more about him later; he was briefly revealed at the Chithing Festival. I think we talked about how Dhamon figures into Jadis' history before in the QoI thread but you and I can plot in the House about how to set it all up in your RP. Are you doing the prequel series in the Angmar Free RP? I'd write there with you. Oh, I love writing alone, Nolewen, you've seen how many solo projects I'm doing (and there's another coming in the Breeland Free RP) and that I'm writing a fantasy-steampunk saga ! I love teaming up though. I might need your characters, a couple of them, in the last part of Calselda's journey to Rivendell I'm doing in Castles. I'll talk about that with you in the House later tonight.
    "How long do you want it to be?" - Steven C.
    "As long as it needs to be." - Aimmi G.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Ercassie, Aranadhel, I guess I am just eager to write and get stuck in! I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself though. I shall wait for Aranadhel to post before I put up another one :) Looking forward to seeing your replies!

Beren, no worries on the reply either! Whenever you get around to it is perfectly fine. Thank you for the praise on the Castle posts, I hope to put up more there and elsewhere. For me, everything is still new and fresh so no lack of motivation here to write in whatever genre or setting. As for AoA, I'm looking forward to getting involved in the various sagas. There is plenty of plotting to do there. But me playing canon characters? I don't even think I'm good enough to portray an established character like that but I'll give it my best! The Silmarillion does thankfully leave much vague for the imagination to fill.

Anyways, looking forward to getting more posts out either way! Any advice or suggestion for my Castle/AoA posts will be welcomed too :)

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Lantaelen - Posted for you at Amon Sul!

I hope your Ranger is hungry as Rane is cooking up some fine dishes for dinner!

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Back at ya Aranadhel​! Hope the post is okay :)

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Lantainen - your post is just wow. I can imagine Uilnor being very hungry at the moment. I will let Nolewen reply first since her Elf is still pointing the arrow at your Man. Lol

Nolewen - ready when you are, dear.

Sam
    Thank you, Lantaelen, Cassie, Aran, and great posts, Aran and Lantaelen! So Rane actually decided to add the bird to the stew?

I will reply after Cassie posts.

Aig , see you in the House for the continuation of this discussion.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Fletcher of Lothlorien
    Nolewen - Nay, if you read my post I mentioned that the bird is being roasted now on a spit over the fire. The rabbit stew is mixed with potatoes and the herbs.

Roast crebain from Dunland is actually very good.

Sam
    I apologize, Aran, I corrected my mistake in the Weathertop post.

Sam's proud of Rane's delightful cooking skills...

As I wrote, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit.

4506fc71fd2defbbd4f2349c1a20bb72.jpg

(SOURCE)
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    Can someone fill me in, long story short, with Snakh and my orcs and their conflict with the elves; and where they at now so I can jump in again?

Arwen
    Simply put, Erfaron had just thrown a spear at your Morgul Uruk, Troy, and hoped it might hit, when Aranadhel showed up and started speaking black speech to confuse things. Aranadhel threatened the orcs to run before he shot at them. Giant Eagles who were probably looking to help Aigronding's army (the nearby Queen of iron rpg), showed up, and the Elves escaped on the Eagles.

Mawg the Werewolf then arrived and told Sznahk that Jadis has now found and humbled/exiled Drest from Angmar. He told Sznahk it would be wise for any orcs in Angmar to come join Jadis's army at Carn Dum. Else they face the same fate as Drest.

Sznahk told Mawg that there are other orcs nearby who might wish to join Jadis's army. He ran to find his new 'friends', the Orc pack. And I guess if he persuades them now, they go sign up at Nolewen's ice fort. Or not. Dependent on what they want to do.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 13/Mar/2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Gave up and just kept it simple.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks I'll just jump right in. ;)

Arwen
    I shall try to get back to you there quite swiftly, Troy

I have posted the Mirana/Drest portion of my Osdolen post. Those Rangers who followed Khallador into the Catacombs should find themselves now face to face with some eerily summoned spectres. Think like the barrow wights in FOTR, but they are wearing bones/skeletons like armour. Of course, these skeletons can be smashed, or else broken down to the point of posing as quite harmless. Then it is only the matter of Rangers finding the way back to the trapdoor they came in ! Drest has stolen the first cache of enchanted weapons, however, while the ghouls serve as a distraction, and he is presenting this trophy to Aura and Aileen back in the throneroom.

Shytha shall be aiding the bandits who are trying to defend the second cache in the Northeast watchtower. Very soon. But Nyarane and Anne Kalagon have given a good start there, while the two new recruits seemingly aide Bregolon in causing distraction to the crossbow-toting bandits on the ramparts. I shall edit in Gwandhyra and Shytha's contribution to this battle shortly. The good guys seem on track to win this particular prize of enchanted weapons. Which makes the score one each !

My thanks to all those bearing with me, in waiting on post responses. I am trying to alternate fairly between posts that I owe in Eriador and in Shadowed Lands, in between my househunting in RL. I am trying to catch up to everyone before too much longer.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 20/Mar/2017 at 12:56 AM.

26. Osdolen update coming soon, hopefully by the end of this month; I'm determined to get all of these pre-RoR activities done ASAP, by the end of April I'm aiming for. I will feature the enchanted swords of ancient Arnor in my next post. We'll see what they can do against things magicked by the Coven and how they fare up against sorcerers like Drest in a direct confrontation near the lake before the RP is over. Great writing, Cassie ! Yes, definitely - each party, the Coven and the Rangers need to have one cache for use in RoR .

Nolewen, I think I'll take you up on that offer you made to me a couple months back about appearing in any of my stories in the Free RPs. I could use your help in The Bite of Winter RP I'm doing in Castles of the Sand once Aileen, Veowyn, Moriel, and company set out to find a cure to remove Beren's enchantment
    . I'm thinking that as they cross over the Misty Mountains, taking a different route than the High Pass because of too much snow, they run into an Orc Stronghold built by the Angmar minions of Jadis recently . Maybe you could make a brief appearance as Jadis herself? If so, I would let you know when we get to that point; it's very early in the journey to the Sea of Rhun .
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 21/Mar/2017 at 06:41 AM.

Sam
    I would be glad to help with Bite of Winter, Aig, especially with Jadis (if you can call that helping...). Just notify when you're nearing that part in the RP, and I'll be delighted to join.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

28. Thank you, Nolewen! I think the word we're looking for is harming, not helping . Hey...that should be a recurring catchphrase of my characters in every rp or my book. "You're helping? More like harming! I've got this." I'll discuss with you what will happen when we get near the mountains .

Sam
    Most certainly so, Aig , although perhaps it could be both harming and helping, sometimes; Gollum for example. Was he harmful or helpful? I would claim both... and I'm guessing Sam and Frodo would have two different answers to that question... not to mention Aragorn's opinion on the subject...

Aran, I'll post in Weathertop after you reply there, Mellon.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Scavenger of Mordor
    I still wonder where Tharrim would pop up again. :/

Arwen
    Are you meaning in the Osdolen - Running with the Casters RPG, Troy ? I could amend my writing of Drest, if you like, to say Thairrim was with him ? So he could have helped carry the trunk of weapons up the secret passage, leaving the Rangers to battle the nasties down in the catacombs ? Or he could have been in the Throneroom with Aura and Aileen. Or he could even have been the lookout, running now to tell Aura that there are some rangers heading for the Northeast watch tower maybe ?

I shall poke Beren in the direction of this thread, for you. He'll be best to help you if you want to post Thairrim with the Coven. Else, I guess there is always the Ice Fort, where he could alternatively sign up to serve Jadis the Ice Queen. Was he going to be a double agent or a messenger at one point ?

32. Nolewen : "He will never love me, I fear; for he bit me, and I was not gentle. / I was glad to be rid of his company, for he stank." - Aragorn, from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Council of Elrond.

Osdolen will be ending very soon. I'm in the midst of writing something which ties to it so the update will come before or after I'm finished; it's nearly complete. In the meantime, Troy, you can have Thairrim be on the lookout and spotting Breg's party infiltrating the watch tower; he could tell Aura, prompting her to divert her attention outside before she can have a chance to think of sparing Khallador or not. I'd keep her there since the southern reinforcements will be alerted to the bell ringing which will inevitably influence her and Stoneclaw to return with Aileen and Filrain with the cache Drest has found

Scavenger of Mordor
    Beren, okay.

34. Great, I'll let you go first then!

Scavenger of Mordor
    So in Osdolen III, right? Tharrim's looking out?!

36. Correct on both accounts, my friend.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Alright I'll start there.

Arwen
    My final post for Osdolen - Running with the Casters is now posted. It is a smidge long, but it ties up all my loose ends.

Troy, the red font at the end of the post is a prompt for Thairrim from Shytha, to go warn the Witchqueen about the Rangers in the North Watchtower.

And Nolewen, Lantaelen, I thought your newbies could do with the horror of a giant shadow bird woman chasing them through the woods ! Initiation into the Rangers, so to speak, so you do not feel left out of the strange sorcery action. Just imagine it like a vampire bat woman with leathery huge wings but not a vampire really. If Wargs are discount Werewolves by the third age, then Shytha is a discount Thuringwethil type. Looking to pull you into the open and tear out your insides with her razor sharp talons. You are welcome to shoot at her and/or defend yourselves, but please don't kill her, as I have stated she has flown away in alarm at hearing the bells. Otherwise enjoy ! Muahahahaha !

[T]he other was a batlike garb
    with mighty fingered wings, a barb
    like iron nail at each joint's end-
    such wings as their dark cloud extend
    against the moon, when in the sky
    from Deadly Nightshade screeching fly
    Thu's messengers.

(Lay of Leithian, Tolkien)

Last edited by Feapoldie; 02/Apr/2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: adding visionary aide re: Shytha

Scavenger of Mordor
    Oh, we have vampires now?! Cool!

Arwen
    *Points to where I said not a vampire*. She is a corrupted servant of Manwe, hence the wings. But she doesn't suck blood or turn into a bat, or date Buffy or Bella. She has a reflection and doesn't shrink from garlic or from holy water. It is just that vampire form is the easiest way to describe a woman in large hulking evil bird like shape. She has large wings when she wants to fly: like boiled leather, not fluffy feathers. She has talons like a bird. She hangs out with crows and can look completely like a crow if she wishes. Evil Maia thing. Not a popular culture-ised vampire type.
    Last edited by Feapoldie; 02/Apr/2017 at 06:23 PM.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Okay.

42. There are vampiric Maiar in the legendarium like Thuringwethil from The Silmarillion (RP'ed by Moriel in the Ages of Arda RPG series) but there's currently no one in Eriador who's writing one of those demons yet. Maybe I will sometime though...it would be fun. Cassie's fallen Maia was formerly one of Manwë's servants - the súruli or the mánir mentioned in The Book of Lost Tales I; one of my demons, Eris, is also one of them.

I'll be itensifying things in my next post. I'm going to work on it next right after a thing in the Old Forest I'm going to try finishing today in the LL area; then after I'm done with the Osdolen post I'll get back to the Cottage and to other threads I'm needed in.

Arwen
    The Angmar Free RP thread has also been updated now. I'm heading back to a few places in Rivendell before some posts owed in SL.

Sam
    If you wish to involve the Ice Queen in your RP, you can bring your characters to Carn Dum or to the Ice Fortress, Troy (and Mawg of course, if he escorts them), in whichever thread you choose, and Jadis shall hear their story and judge what should be done with them there. Also, I was reminded by the upcoming Halcyon promotions to update the Lone Lands archives. Mawg will be publicly promoted after we finish QoI, Cassie.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

Arwen
    Mawg will certainly be hoping that the Orc band come to the Ice Fortress in Carn Dum with him, but that is of course entirely up to Troy. Lumig and Co may prefer to continue prowling around Angmar's mountain paths in search of anyone else who has failed to report to the new Queen. I might well be able to conceive of at least one disgruntled Hillman at the fort who is scared and sneaky and trying to sneak off back south .... If that be a thing to fuel some more RP at the Ice Fort/Angmar? Else there is training and all sorts of possibilities. Mawg is but the harbinger. The Orcs have a choice to make.

Sznahk though is expected in the Moria rpg that I have been co-writing elsewheres on the plaza, with Aranadhel and Aiks. That is why Mawg has sent my Orc off, as a punishment to try and put right what he did wrong. The fallen Orc's revenge has already begun.

Mawg shall of course be very proud to receive the Ice Queen's favour, and witness her humiliating Aigronding in the Queen of Iron rpg. He would rather be fed a portion of the Elvish Tar-Taidron than accept a promotion, but ah.. that is army life for you.

46. Nooo, he's already lost his hands! Lol

Well, Aura can send them to Jadis as a present but the Ice Queen can reward Mawg with them. The werewolf can feast on the skin and bones if he likes, lol. Gosh, my mind's in such a dark place these days....

Arwen
    A Werewolf devouring a hand ... Perfect. That sounds almost like a story I heard .. somewhere.

48. ....honestly, I didn't even think about Charcaroth until you mentioned him now, lol! And I'm Beren! Lol!!!

Sam
    Troy, regarding your post in Osdolen: I believe when Cassie referred to the Witchqueen, she meant Aura Camlost (Aig's NPC), Queen of Rhudaur, and not the Ice Queen of Angmar, Jadis Snowsword. I know it's confusing, with all those evil queens... but Aura is the one in charge of the evil forces in Osdolen, Jadis isn't involved in the RPG. The Witchqueen (Aura) is in Elendil's Palace at the moment (I think), with her daughter Aileen. If your NPC wishes to warn her, he could go there and deliver Shytha's message.
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, RotR

50. Thanks, Nolewen! Good explanation.

Scavenger of Mordor
    Thanks, just edited.

Arwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Troigan View Post
    Ran down yelping, calling out for the queen, stumbling a couple times along the way. Until at last he we found his way to the palace, knocking at the door shouting. "Bells... Mad Bird Woman... Enemies!"
    That is just splendid, Troy. It shall certainly get Aura's attention.

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Ercassie View Post
    And Nolewen, Lantaelen, I thought your newbies could do with the horror of a giant shadow bird woman chasing them through the woods ! Initiation into the Rangers, so to speak, so you do not feel left out of the strange sorcery action. Just imagine it like a vampire bat woman with leathery huge wings but not a vampire really. If Wargs are discount Werewolves by the third age, then Shytha is a discount Thuringwethil type. Looking to pull you into the open and tear out your insides with her razor sharp talons. You are welcome to shoot at her and/or defend yourselves, but please don't kill her, as I have stated she has flown away in alarm at hearing the bells. Otherwise enjoy ! Muahahahaha !
    I suppose I could have my amateur Ranger fire off a few pot shots. What a first time experience. Witches, winged creatures, bandits with crossbows, totally the life expected for a prospective Ranger haha.

54. Eriador is full of evil surprises...

Apprentice of Dol Amroth
    Well there's a post for Mithôneth up. Hope I didn't overstep anywhere. I was wondering if she might be the Company's fletcher/arrow supply person? A small duty for her to do during the lull between fights and during journeys and so forth. I imagine Rangers would expel a lot of shafts and need to have them replaced. Foraging shot arrows can only last so long I think so having someone with a jar of tar, some feathers for shearing, tools, a heavy bag of arrowheads could serve them well in the field. Just a thought. Would love to hear all your thoughts on it.

Arwen
    It was a splendid post, Lantaelen, as always. I know that my Mirana would be glad to have a fletcher on hand. She favours her crossbow so could find good use for you, no matter how much her cousin encourages her to use the twin to his blade.

I should leave it to Beren for the official approval, since Aragorn heads up the Rangers. But it does sound like a practical and opportunistic idea. I have a young 'runner' elf character, who works for the House of Swallow archers in AOA; (basically he ran around the battle field gathering up still durable arrows and keeping his comrades supplied with new full quivers), though he is set for a gruesome mace-in-the-face type death at the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. I do hope your Ranger fares better in her necessary duty.
    Last edited by Ercassie; 09/Apr/2017 at 01:55 PM.