Miner of Mordor

Chapter Two of The Never Ending Story

The Never Ending Story in Goblin-town

Art by Troy Troodon
    link

What an excellent place to let your imagination run wild here in the tunnels and caverns of, Goblin-town.
    This is the original N.E.S. game where you can post at your leisure without prompts or rounds or deadlines.
    I will start the Chapter with a sentence and leave the sentence with a...
    Someone else will finish my sentence and begin a new one, ending it with...etc. etc.

Now some guidelines:
    ~ NO SPAMMING or SIGS, please.~
    ~
    Try not to edit your post. Like the SIGS it distracts one from reading the posts/story~
    ~ Maximum characters for one post is 300 ~
    ~ Keep it clean, please ~
    ~ If two or more members simultaneously post, the first post will be used.~
    ~Please wait at least 1 post before posting again~
    ~After 50 -100 posts (if we reach that many *grin*), when the story seems to be flagging, please feel free to close the Chapter and start a new one marking it: Chapter 3
    ~ HAVE FUN!! The more random your ideas are, the better the story is.~

Op courtesy of Katla Isolda

Chapter 2

​Once upon a time there lived a...

Last edited by Faldras; 18/Feb/2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added prefix
    'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

The Witch-King
    ...Yeti. He was 10 feet 8 inches tall and and about five from hip to hip. He lived in a cave in the great south of the world. In the Dark Lands of the south, he lived. It is said that if he walked out his back door he was in front of Ekkaia, the encircling sea. Now this Yeti was a very old Yeti. He had seen Tom Bombadil come from the outer walls, he had seen Manwe and Melko fight on the Isle of Almaren. Now this yeti knew a...
    "Come not between a nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in they turn! He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye."

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...very tall Lossoth, a Snowman of Forochel, who was just a bit shorter than the Yeti (which is pretty tall). When these two got together they made snowballs and threw them from the top of...

Love is a big word like ocean, mountain, sky...

The Witch-King
    ...the great mountain of Ligizkariz. The yeti and this Lossoth would have great fun throwing snow balls at eachother and building snow forts and the like. Then one day...
    "Come not between a nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in they turn! He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye."

Miner of Mordor
    ...They found a bird playing in one of their snow forts. They were happy someone else was getting use out of their things, and joined in the fun. Soon all the mountain-side was full of Bears, Badgers, Snakes, Skin-changers, Birds, Dragons, and every other living thing imaginable. (Except humans.) But one day, a human came along, hiking up the mountain-side. He was amazed at the sight of every animal working and playing together. He decided to tell his friend about this amazing sight, and so headed back down the mountain. He told his friends to follow him up Mount Ligizkariz and see the sight for themselves. (Because they did not believe him.) When they saw the animals, they burst out, "...

The Witch-King
    "We will have a feast," said one of his friends.
    "Yeahh!! Looks like we having fried chicken for dinner tonight," said another. So they wont home to get their guns...

Miner of Mordor
    ...But the animals could understand English, and so they fled. But before they did this they carefully lifted the snow forts and so started their journey with a heavy burden. But they made good speed, and so when the men came back with their guns they found the place deserted. They took up the trail though, because one of them was a ranger of the North. They saw the prints were many and fresh, and that encouraged them. Suddenly, one of Arathorn's (as he called himself) friends yelled out, "I see them! I see them! Follow me!!!" He ran as quick as he could, and soon overtook the animals. He shot a bird and it crashed to the ground. Arathorn then took his gun and aimed. BOOOM! His gun sounded as...

The Witch-King
    ...the yeti came up. The bullet didn't hurt him one bit. He just rubbed it where it hurt. He came charging towards the men, after looking at the bird. They ran away and they hurried to the town. There they...

Archer of Imladris
    told their wives and children the tale, and became the source of much mockery by the women of the town. The young boys, however, determined to prove themselves, gathered together a few provisions, and one of the eldest, Halbarad, became a legend in years to come by stealing the rifle of Arathorn himself. However, just as he was sneaking out of the chieftain's dwelling...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens.

Guard of the Mark
    he slipped right onto his arse in a soupie, slushie mix of chicken poo and snow. Leaves a right proper stain, it does. Ick. One of the other lads came rushing around the corner just then, determined to see what was taking so long, when he saw his friend sitting in the snow, the rifle beside him.
    "Well, whatter you doin' down there? You think this is a right nice time for a plop in the snow? Gimme that," he said reaching for the rifle.
    "No!" refused the other boy. He righted himself, ignoring his freezing wet butt. "I stole it, so it's my gun by rights!"
    The two began tussling over the gun, when the chicken whose poo now saturated the first boy's pants came back around clucking...
    Last edited by Lita.; 09/Jan/2016 at 07:58 AM.

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...in a creaking voice. 'That rifle looks like Orc's work!' Flapping and clucking the chicken grabbed the rifle and with amazing strength flew off with it under its wing calling out as it flew away.
    "Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs and instruments of torture are all weapons that you can use. Leave these modern inventions in the future or else.....

12. ...I will send in the Eagles and the Red Arrows... (a bit like the Black Arrows of Dale except with jet propulsion) and then you will be...
    Last edited by palantirion; 09/Jan/2016 at 04:30 PM.
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men, one of the most sophisticated and lore-friendly Middle-earth modifications ever developed for the Total War series.

Miner of Mordor
    ...mad! I will eat you too if you don't shape up!"
    The boys stared in amazement as the chicken flew away into the twilight. "We had better run home as quick as we can!" Said the first boy, "Or we'll be in big dog doo!"
    "Not we, ​you!" argued the other boy stupidly, "You'll be in big dog doo as it is, but I ain't getten in none tonight!" They went back and forth for so long, that there parents assumed that they had been eaten by an orc. Finally, the friends stormed blindly away, in such a rage, that they ran right passed their houses, and didn't even realize where they were. Suddenly boy #1 ran smack into boy #2! "You monster!" He cried, "When I get that gun back, I'll make you squeak!" With that he grew wings, and flew singing into the trees...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ....where he woke up in his own bed. He rubbed his eyes. What a strange dream, he thought, as he jumped out of his bed and hurried to dress; for it was cold and he wanted to catch his father before he left to join the other woodsmen who were meeting to discuss the Orc situation in Wilderland. If he was lucky maybe he would be allowed to go. The thought of killing orcs made him.....

Miner of Mordor
    ...excited. He was about to grab his bow off the wall, (because the chicken in his dream had scared him off using a gun), when he heard an orc scream. He dashed out of the room in his bath robe. He found a battle going on outside, and he was in complete terror. He had never seen an orc before, and now he wished he had not been so absurd. As he was racing back inside, he felt an iron grip seize him. He froze. The next thing he knew, he was being dragged out of a hole. Then, he doubly froze, for he saw...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...that the claw that gripped him had long, sharp, jagged, yellow, dirty nails. And as his eyes traveled up the crooked arm, he gaped in horror at the grotesque head that sat upon the shoulders of the orc. Moving only his eyes (the rest of him frozen in fright), he saw another orc sitting on a wild.......

Scribe of Erebor
    ...warg. He was laughing hysterically. "Well now, pal," he said to the warg, "Looks like you've got yerself a fine dinner. At 'em!" The warg snarled and leaped at the terrified boy...
    "Baruk Khazd! Khazd ai-mnu!"

Miner of Mordor
    ...But the boy remembered something. He had brought with his bath robe a mace. Suddenly, regaining his strength and melting, he leaped out of the grip of the surprised orc, and swung his mace. He did not know that that mace was made for the slaying of orcs, and it caught on fire when he split the first orc. It brought vigor to him, and he slew everything in sight. He treaded back to his house an told his tale. He was naturally a tall tale teller, but this made the villagers laugh so hard, that even Manw upon Taniquetil could hear them. He was...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ..sitting on his throne watched two Vanyar sweep the diamond dust of the long white stairs. The laughter he heard echoed off the hills and he wondered why such a sound would come to his ears. He looked beyond the boarders and a vision.....

Miner of Mordor
    ...came into his mind. Two men were walking along a path of stone. The first one suddenly turned and fled into the distance, while the second laughed softly.
    What could this mean?

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...The second man stood and saw that his friend was aboard a ship in the likeness of a great eagle. The oars were made into great wings. Inside lean muscular men rowed the ship, making the giant wings move up and down, gliding over the blue open .......

The Witch-King
    ...desert. The second man was confused and a little angry.
    "Get down from there," he screamed. "You'll burn up the ship."
    "No I won't old fool," he yelled back. He kept getting higher and higher.
    "This is so fun," said his friend. "I'm getting nigh on close to the sun." Then he began to sweat. He getting a little hot. He tried to steer it, but he just felt to tired. Then the ship...

Miner of Mordor
    ...Began to melt. "I told you soooooooooooo..." The second man yelled as he jumped from the ship. "Ha!" Said the first man. "You fool! I know how to steer around the—whoa! Whoa! Whoaaaaaa!" He trailed off he desperately tried to steer the ship. Suddenly it exploded.
    Manw sat in silent thought for two months. Then he slowly lifted his head, "Hey you guys!" He called to the two Vanyar sweeping the diamond dust, "Com'n over here! I'v got somethin' to tell ya'!" They hurried over to him. "Please go down into a, and tell the folks down there to please be quite. Also, there in for a surprise: I had a vision that somebody and his friend are going to the sun. Well, those people are the two kids. So please let them know, thanks!"

Counsellor of Erebor
    ..an eagle was flying by and heard Manw speaking to the two diamond-dust sweepers and decided to take the message to a as well. This eagle's name was, Quidnunc, and he was a very on the go type of eagle; flying far and wide, using his excellent eyesight to spot peoples lips moving and then zooming in to hear what they had to say. He found this activity more amusing than soaring proud and high in the wide blue...

Scribe of Erebor
    ...sky. One day, while he was aimlessly flying about above Middle-earth, Quidnunc looked down and spied two Orcs fighting in the Dimrill Dale. Curious, he swooped down out of the sky and landed on an old tree stump to heard what was said. At first he could hear only grunting and snarling. Then in the midst of the noise he caught the word "Elf". He strained his ears and began to listen more attentively...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...to what was being said.
    'Gar! It is Elf meat we should be eating, not Dwarf!!' sniveled one of the Orc's in a voice that sounded like his noise had been pinched once to often.
    'This meat', the Orc spat, 'is tough, short on taste and....

Scribe of Erebor
    ...fatty! "Aww, come now, that's enough," the other Orc grunted. "It's the best we're going to get, unless you feel like raiding the eyries." At this the eagle began to listen more attentively. "It's no use trying to snatch an Elf from Lrien," the Orc continued. "They keep a close watch there, curse them!" He spat with disgust. "Our raids would go well if you actually pitched in," the other Orc snapped. "You never do your share of the job, you lazy maggot!"...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ... , and on they went, squabbling with each other. Quidnunc raised an eyebrow (do birds have eyebrows?). Even though he was an inquisitive eagle, he had no nose for this type of nonsensical prattle. 'Ca ca', he called. Raid eyries!? Catch an eagle!? Eat and Eagle!? Why an Orc would have to grow.....

Miner of Mordor
    "Fat!" With that he swooped down and ate the Orcs before they could even see him coming. But suddenly, the sky grew exceedingly dark, and then a lighting bolt tore through the heavy air. "Looks like a storms brewing," Thought the eagle. "I had better get out of here!" But even as he spoke another lighting flash rent the air in which he flew, nearly taring his wings apart. Crying out a terrible cry, Quidnunc leapt up with astounding speed and disappeared in the distance, even as another bolt deafened him...

Scribe of Erebor
    ...But just then another eagle (who just so happened to be Quidnunc's younger brother Fidnunc) swooped down from the sky and bore Quidnunc away to...

Captain of Dol Amroth
    Mount Doom, where they espied two hobbits struggling on the mountainside. That's odd, thought Fidnunc, What are two hobbits doing way out here? But he didn't have time for this. And besides, Quidnunc seemed to be rather irritated that he had simply dragged him here without any explanation. The two hobbits were going to have to figure this out on their own while he dealt with his brother. Unless...

Miner of Mordor
    ...He could slip away. No, he could not slip away unnoticed. So he wheeled round and flew straight towards Fidnunc. He was so caught off guard that he was bulled over in an instant. As he crashed towards the earth he put forth his strength and landed as soft as he could've wished. Meanwhile, Quidnunc had watched his brother fall, and then he had flown down to the rescue of the two hobbits. To his surprise and horror, he found that they were actually not hobbits, but Nazgl. They were ridding fast on their black horses, and would soon be to the top, in Orodruin. The eagle suddenly put forth his strength and landed as softly as he could've wished. But all was not well. The Nazgl had been alerted by the brushing of his feet and the flap of his wings. Letting out a dreadful streak they turned round with strange agility, and plunged down the mountain-side towards where the eagle was nested. "Feast on his flesh!" They shouted, and charged. At that moment three more Nazgl could be seen galloping over Gorgorath. The eagle lifted his wings and tried to fly away, but the Nazgl put forth their strength and he toppled over to earth.
    Fidnunc in the meantime had heard the terrible screech of the lairi, and come swooping down to his brothers aid. (He was kind, and helped even when he had thrown him to the ground.) He put forth all of his strength, and dove down upon them. Then, the battle began...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ..as beaks and hooves thudded on the ground; bird and wraith colliding. The stench of the Nazgl and their steads (they were dead after all - the Nazgl not their steeds, duh) was enough to knock the feathers off any bird, even proud birds of prey such as Fidnunc and Quidnunc. But regardless, up they flew and down they dove; talons opened, claws glinting sharp in the sun, and a high scream that....

Scribe of Erebor
    ...seemed to rend the very air made the two eagles suddenly faint and go limp. The Nazgul galloped away like a gale towards the Dark Tower, screeching horribly to sound the alarm. The two eagles were just coming to when they felt, rather than saw, a vast menace looming up behind them...

Miner of Mordor
    ...and swallow them up. Before they could do anything they were torn to pieces by blackness. So ended the Battle of the the Eagles.

Scribe of Erebor
    ...But far away in Rohan the last desperate cry of the eagles was heard...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ..and the horses whinnied at the sound, alerting the oreds. Men jumped on their horses. Some had just come from the mess hall, with meat still in their hands. Soon..

Scribe of Erebor
    ...a scouting party from Edoras was thundering west over the green fields of Rohan. But they had only gone a days journey when...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...four strangers appeared on a knoll in the distance. Racing towards the knoll, the scouts turned and circled the strangers. What they saw was: a tall Ent with an Raven perched on its shoulder and a shaggy brown pony with a bubble-bee as large as a giant's thumb, buzzing around the pony's head. The scouting party...

Conscript of Moria
    ... a flying Umbar Corsair known as 'The Flying Dutchman' suddenly appeared over the party's heads. A pirate, pink of beard with a peg-ear and two chicken legs leaned over the spontaneously combusting side of the ship. "Yarr!" she cried, in a shrill high-piercing tone, "me be Spack Jarrow the pink! Fork up ye ducats and dance the waltz!"

Then...

Miner of Mordor
    ...the ship exploded. The scouting party spurred their hoses once again, and rode away from the sight in a cloud of dust. When they reached the Morannon, they called for the Dark Lord, now no more, to open the gate for them. To their surprise it opened, and trillions of orcs, cave-trolls, wild-men, and many more came pouring out. But they stayed their ground. When the armies were all about them, the scouting party called in a loud voice, "Fly you fools!" and then ran to meet the onset. Suddenly in the distance, eagles loomed up, and...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...looked down upon the battle below. A large eagle called out. 'Caw! Let us find a new place where we can spread our wings, brothers.' And the eagles flew off towards the east unaware that the east was home to the Mewlips who were....

Conscript of Moria
    ...small cat-like flying beings who spoke only, "Mew", in cute voices. Through their psychic powers, they could form protective bubbles around their body as they floated in mid-air, hurling rocks and other objects based on their whim. "Mew", they would gleefully utter, as they floated from cliff to cliff in the east. When the eagles flew east and met the Mewlips, they...
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Miner of Mordor
    ...were astounded. "I thought that Mewlips were nasty creatures! But they're actually cute?" They said. But the Mewlips gave no reply. They just kept floating on, right past them. But secretly, when they were far away, the eagles planned to follow them and learn more about them. So after a delicious breakfast the next morning they set out in pursuit of the 'Mewlips'; or so they thought...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...they were the pursuers. As the day grew old no sign of the 'Mewlips' could be found. Not a trace. Yet a sound that none could place, was heard behind the scouts. It was a wet, footslogging, reverberation; always far enough behind them but close enough to make the hairs on their......

Conscript of Moria
    ...chinny chin-chins curl like an Ent's beard following drinking Ent-Draught. An eagle scout looked behind. "TIDAL WAVE!!!" the Eagle shouted...
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...as he flew higher up into the sky disappearing into the sun. The waves came rolling over Middle-earth but not of the watery kind. It was a field of tall grass as far as the eye could see over which, the winds blew constantly causing undulating movement over the surface of the open plain. The oreds...

Scribe of Erebor
    ...said, "Hurrah! More pastures for our horses!" Soon the horses of Rohan were galloping freely and happily over the new grass. But all was not well...

Miner of Mordor
    ...for the Title Wave had engulfed all, and I mean all: There was no sign of the oreds, or their horses, or the eagles, or anything else they had ever seen, heard, or smelt. But Helooker was happy. He had seen that his Title Wave of grass had really played the part he gave to it. One day, when he was strolling about, he thought of something. "Hullo?" he said to his body-guard who was extremely large. "Can you go send word to the Wild Wargs that I have some new land for them?" then he quickly added, "But remember! ONLY ONE ACRE! ALL THE REST IS MINE!" With that, he fell asleep. His big body-guard then hurried off towards the goblin-infested mountains, because he...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...always did what his master said. He wormed his way into the mountain and found an island in the deepest darkest place below. On the island sat a.......

Miner of Mordor
    ...HUGE troll. The body-guard was about to turn and flee back to his master, but at that moment the troll gave an enormous guffaw. The call froze the blood in the body-guard, and he fell over. Suddenly to his horror, he heard huge feet splashing in the water surrounding the island. To his surprise, as he leaped up, he saw the troll stamping across the far bank! "Yes!" he thought, and plucking up courage, he started down the bank. Then he saw...

Scribe of Erebor
    ...a small shape sitting on the island crouching over something, the body guard could not tell what. He crept forward cautiously. The creature seemed to be muttering something about a "precious"...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...piece of meat that he had just found. The creature had on a tattered pair of pants and a shirt with one sleeve missing and no buttons. The body guard looked at the creatures matted hair and could not determine the color only that it was black with.....

Scribe of Erebor
    ...a shabby lump on it's head that the body guard supposed was a hat. While he was thus pondering the mysterious muttering creature something cold and wet suddenly grabbed his ankle and...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ... yelled out.
    'Its my island, my shamrocks and my creature! Be off with you before I drown you in my moat!' Turning the body guard saw a wee fellow, dripping wet, climbing up onto the island and stand beside the lumpy headed creature. He had green shoes with buckles and a green hat. In one hand he had a mug.....

Scribe of Erebor
    ...full of a mysterious red liquid that steamed and bubbled. He clenched his fists and scowled fiercely at the poor confused body guard. Just then the lumpy-headed creature opened it's bleared eyes and croaked to it's green friend, "It should give the nassty thing a bitsy of it's red stuffs, yes, yes." Apparently taking this suggestion as an order, the green fellow leaped across the water towards the frightened body guard...

The Witch-King
    the frightened body guard grabbed his spear and threw it at the green fellow! It missed! Then he ran away screaming for his life towards the building! The green fellow and his potato-esque friend followed after...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...the screaming guard with grins pasted on their faces. They were surprised that they had such a ferocious presence and that they scared such a strong one as the guard. After all, one of them was just a wee green man and the other a spud. Regardless, they were enjoying their new found ferocity, the ran after the guard with...

New Soul
    ...a fierce joy rising up in their hearts that could only be expressed through song:

"Oh I'm a fearsome Spuddy,
    And so is my good buddy:
    your spears they cannot harm us,
    your words they cannot charm us:
    and when at last we catch you
    we'll be sure to dispatch you," sang the Spuddy one, adding a "fissssh" for good measure.

His companion joined in:

New Soul
    McSpud the wee green man cleared his throat and right on cue let rip with a surprisingly high voice that did his reputation no good at all:

"Oh we are the fearsome spuds,
    Don't dare try and take our pud.
    Your glares they cannot scare us,
    Your smiles they cannot cheer us.
    We are wild and cruel and mean
    And sure to split your spleen!

He hopped angrily up and down before...
    Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf ~ Ellisiva Ylva

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...the guard, causing a giant rock to fall from an overhang cliff and mash him; ending him and at the same time inventing mashed potatoes. The wee green man jump 10 feet into the air, his hat flying off and soaring down to land crookedly on the guards head. The buckles on the green man's shoes blazed a bright green and then 'poof' he disappeared. The guard reached up and said.....

Miner of Mordor
    ..."That was easy." Then suddenly he burst into song:

"Little mashed potatoes, they can't harm us;
    Crazy shining green men do nothing but fuss!
    And as they sing their cute little tunes;
    The big rocks come a'rolling and squash the little loons!
    Old Tomnoddy why do you cry?
    You can't can catch me though you try!"

Of course he was thinking of Bilbo and his old song with the spiders at this point, because the creature reminded him very much of Gollum. But just as he finished his tune, a thing stranger than he could've imagined suddenly...

Scribe of Erebor
    ...happened. A door materialized in the cave-roof high above him. The body guard gaped in wonder. Apparently something that he had said in his song had revealed to him a way out of this dreadful place! Desperately he searched for a way to reach the door. But in the midst of his moving about he thought he heard a low creaking sound...
    Last edited by Gimli's axe; 28/Mar/2016 at 04:56 PM.

Counsellor of Erebor
    ....from above. He looked closer and suddenly saw a small black insect fly down. It looked like a Gnat all in BlaCk and it was buzzing around the guard's head. As he looked closer, he saw that it had a human face. The guard swatted at it, alarmed, but could not hit it. He swatted one more time for good measure and hit the Gnat all in BlaCk. It fell to the ground, its letter C in BlaCk lying beside it. It cried out in a thin, itty-bitty, voice.
    'No master! No! Do not swat me! I will loose my letters and when I loose my letters, I die. Please, I will be your friend and protect you and stab anyone that hurts you!'
    The guard felt bad looking down on the ground at the small
    Gnat now all in Blak. He picked up the Gnat all in Blak and put him in his pocket, declaring.
    'I shall call you
    Gnat Blak and you shall be my friend and stay with me....

Miner of Mordor
    ...forever, ok?'
    'Ok!' The Gnat all in Blak squeaked.
    'Oh, I forgot about your 'C'!' The bodyguard said. Then he...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ..bent down to pick up the C, when suddenly, little Gnat Blak fell out of his pocket and he step on it. The last thing the bodyguard heard was an ear piercing squeak. 'Noooooooooooooo..'
    The bodyguard lifted his foot and inspected his boot but he could not see any sign of
    Gnat Blak; Gnat Blak having been so tiny. He lamented the lost of the insect but soon straightened his shoulders and....

New Soul
    ...cricked his neck. It had been a long day. Maybe there was tea waiting for him somewhere, he could really do with a brew. He swung his arms backwards and forward. This bodyguard lark was harder than some people reckoned. He had spent a lot of time perfecting his stare, and his head with no neck, that had taken years of work. With a sign, he looked up towards the sky as...
    Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf ~ Ellisiva Ylva

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...an eagle flew by and pooed on his face. He stood with poo dripping from his nose and scowled. Of all the bad luck. Now he would need a wash. No respectable bodyguard went about smelling lesser than a rose. Aye that may seem strange but, this particular bodyguard was from the Naris of Ol'factory where it was a great honor to smell like a rose. Why everyone from Ol'factory had a special....

Miner of Mordor
    ...bug that they carried around. " Now where did that dratted Gnat Blak aught to have got to?" He thought. Suddenly he...

Scribe of Erebor
    ...felt something hit him hard on the back of his head. He fell forward with a cry...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...and landing some 5 ft below in a cup-shaped curvature by the side of a humongous rock . He scrambled out. Looking about him he saw a long seam running down the face of the rock. He walked towards it and discovered that he could squeeze through it. Eager to get back to the Ol'factory he....

obviously I have forgotten the ~ Maximum characters for one post is 300 ~ rule in some of my posts. My apologies for getting carried away by the story. *grin**

Miner of Mordor
    ...Scrambled through the opening. Then suddenly to his surprise an sheer delight, he thought he hear a little squeak a way back there. He hurriedly turned and ran back towards the high bank and flew right over it he was in such rush. Then he saw what he had long missed: C! It was the 'c' that little Gnat BlaCk ​had lost! He reached down and picked it up. Then...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...noticed that the C was sprouting itty-bitty wings; a Gnat Blak <~(missing C) changeling. 'Interesting', he bethought. He carefully tucked the C into his pocket as he gazing about. The surroundings felt familiar. A cave with a dry floor; not to big nor to deep. He saw something in the corner and made his way over to it. As he bent down to see what it was, a crack opened in the wall and 250 orcs jumped through it shouting....

Miner of Mordor
    ..."ahhhh! Gafaaaa!!!"...

New Soul
    it feels like time for a refresh

Chapter 3

In the distance, he watched the lake ripple. Here underground it was dark and quiet and he could hide from all the...

Gardener of Lothlorien
    ...heavy rain that was falling. He quickly set a fire to get warm and he slept to regain strength. He was feeling cold, but he had some food to eat. The rain would fall all night long, until the early hours of the next day.
    The next morning he woke up by a loud noise. He went out to see what the noise could be when suddenly...

- - - Updated - - -

...heavy rain that was falling. He quickly set a fire to get warm and he slept to regain strength. He was feeling cold, but he had some food to eat. The rain would fall all night long, until the early hours of the next day.
    The next morning he woke up by a loud noise. He went out to see what the noise could be when suddenly...

Weathered Ent of Fangorn
    ...there were trees! Dark and gloomy. Many tall oaks and firs stood like a wall and mushrooms, poisonous and stinking had emerged here and there, while a strange fog was creeping from the undergrowth, slowly and sinisterly. And the loud noise was coming from...

Miner of Mordor
    ...The clouds! Suddenly a huge lightning bolt pierced the heavens and came hurtling down upon him. Thunder rolled and echoed in the hills surrounding, and then died away in a silent menace. Then the rain came; it was in torrents of white that nearly washed him away. This storm was clearly the greater storm that came after the "trickle"...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...of mud that slide down underground for almost a month and caused the lake to turn into a muddy bog. The good thing was the fish were all on the surface of the mud and its was good times and good eating for awhile until ....

The Witch-King
    ...the mud monster appeared! He was formed from the shifting of mud. All the parts of the body were made from mud. He quickly devoured all the fish in the bog. But he didn't stop there. He kept ripping up town after town and village after village. He destroyed millions of people. No one could stop him. But then a...

Miner of Mordor
    ...tornado came and swept the huge monster away in the clouds. That was a big relief of the half-eaten people there, but it wasn't the end of the monster either. He was so huge now from eating that many people that he was soon so big of a burden on the tornado, that it died very quickly, leaving the monster falling from the sky. To his delight, he landed in...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...a pool of young water lilies. He soon began to feel less villainous and more kindly. He began to sing elvish songs pertaining to love and joy and peace. His hair grew incredible fast and soon in was long and lustrous. His teeth.....

The Witch-King
    ...were made of lilies because of the pond he had fallen in. Then his brother from the north came and he tried to persuade to be evil. But the mud monster said...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ..."Hm! You want me to become evil and ruin my lustrous hair?!? Never!" he exclaimed. He then ran over the lilies on soft feet and was about to jump over a rather large rock when he was grabbed by a large dirty Orc with....

Miner of Mordor
    ...a scimitar! "You're gone!" he cried, and would have stabbed him on the spot. But the mud monster was to quick for him. He dodged aside and jumped over the rather large rock into...

Miner of Mordor
    What do you think everybody? TIME FOR A REFRESHMENT!!!

Chapter 4
    Suddenly...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...two Orcs (born and bred in Goblin-town) decided to create a new cruel device that would cause pain and woe beyond anything that had been thus far created. Taking a piece of iron, they...

Counsellor of Erebor
    ...made a cruel hook by heating and bending the metal. They hooted and stamped their big feet upon the dirty stone floor. The hook blazed like a red star.....

Miner of Mordor
    ( Sorry for taking a while!)
    ...that had descended into the dirty chamber. Then the orcs took the metal rod and made their way quickly to...

Miner of Mordor
    ...Isenguard...

Miner of Mordor
    ...where they spawned many thousands of orcs to make an assault upon Edoras in Rohan. First, they marched there army of 16,000 orcs in to Fangorn forest, where they hacked down every single tree and Ent they met. Meanwhile, Treebeerd mustard up many Ents and trees to counter the assault. So just as the orcs marched out of the forest heading West along the Entwash, Treebeerd sprung his trap. He...
    (I decided to make a paragraph to get the show on the road!)

Miner of Mordor
    ...sent out twenty Ents to ambush the army. They crushed 1,000 of the orcs before they even noticed, and then the battle began! The orcs felled one Ent, shot another with arrows and swarmed up another, but the Ents were stamping, trampling, and throwing orcs left and right. Finally, it was ten Ents v.s. 6,000 orcs. Then the orcs fled back to Isenguard, but the Ents were close on the heels...