Thread: Bug Reports

Estë

Bug Reports

Page not loading, post not posting, or something else about the plaza is bugged? Tell us here! We'll try to fix it asap.

To speed up the process, please follow these steps when reporting your bug:

1. Provide an accurate description of the error: What were you doing when it happened, what error message (if any) did you get?
    2. Tell us your operating system plus version (for example, Windows 8.1) and the browser you're using (for example, Chrome).
    3. Add screenshots of the error if possible.

If you're having trouble logging in and can therefore not post here, email us at admins@lotrplaza.com and we'll get back to you. :)

Warlord of Mordor
    I just got a PM from Faldras telling me to vote in the election again, but then got taken to a page that says I don't have permission to view it. Not sure if bug or slippy fingers
    Last edited by Moriel; 15/Feb/2016 at 10:56 AM.

New Soul
    Same - I just PMd him a reply! I half hope it's more mysterious exciting super admin plotting.

Contra Vires Mordoris Nulla Quit Esse Victoria!

Vána
    Definitely a bug ladies. Sorry about the heart attack, glad to see ye both survived it (am I going to have to go ask everyone who was eligible if they're still alive? gaaah! lol)
    "It is hard indeed to believe that one of so great wisdom, and of power—for many wonderful things he did among us—could perish, and so much lore be taken from the world."-Faramir, TLotR IV.5

Gwaihir
    There is something with this thread. Lots of views in the main forum, but everything is missing further. It's puzzling.

<Tulkas edit: It's empty thread. Been there awhile. Thanks >
    Last edited by Blade; 22/Feb/2016 at 07:00 PM.

Estë
    Pre-emptive notice: Promotion Centre can be down for a bit, Faldras is working on it. If you want to go up a rank or change regions, come back later. :D

The Witch-King
    Does anyone else have the problem when you hit bold, or italics it works, but then when you backspace it goes back to regular type. So for example:

wqerwqer tyyyyyyysdfdsfa when I backspace it goes back to wgerwger instead of changing tyydfsa. If you guys can help, Thanks! I use Chrome and am on Windows 8
    Last edited by TheKingofScorchedHeath; 03/Mar/2016 at 09:26 PM.
    "Come not between a nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in they turn! He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye."

New Soul
    That happens to me too but pretty much only when I am posting on mobile or tablet.

Estë
    *pokes King to read top post a little more carefully ;)* For future reference, dear. :)

As for this particular bug, it's been there since we switched to php several years ago. I'm almost used to it now. It's on the to-do list somewhere, just not priority cause while it is annoying, it's not breaking the plaza.

The Witch-King
    Yes I agree and changed my thing so it would obey!
    "Come not between a nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in they turn! He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye."

New Soul
    http://www.lotrplaza.com/ranks.php

Not exactly a bug, but -Some of the rank titles are showing as code: rank 14 Fangorn, rank 14 MT, Lindon rank 20.
    Also Merly/Leanan isn't listed as an admin?

Using Safari, on iPhone.

Estë
    Huh. I guess I'm supposed to be in the empty slot? :P The code are parsing errors. We'll take a look, thanks Sil :)

Counsellor of Erebor
    Nice thread...

I have been c/ping my post in the Ravenhill Trivia thread drill match. Once I c/p the previous post into a new post, I make updates and my rp post. I have not had any problems until today. When I c/ped the previous post, it was indented and I could not get the fonts to work. Why? *grin*

<edit>I moved the pic and the Drill Practice Match words over but left the rest indented so you could see what I mean.

http://www.lotrplaza.com/showthread....807#post652807
    Last edited by Drifa; 02/Apr/2016 at 01:04 AM.

Love is a big word like ocean, mountain, sky...

Chieftain of the Mark
    A personal bug. Despite clearing out my cookies and trying on various computers my icon seems stuck in Wilderland.

Varda
    Seph - Not a problem on your end; this happens fairly frequently when members change regions. I have released you from your WL icon.

BTW - thanks for using the Bug Reports thread!
    Last edited by Tarawen; 05/Apr/2016 at 09:57 PM.

Chieftain of the Mark
    Tara- Thank you! It's so nice to see a horse again.

<Varda edit: Glad to help! >
    Last edited by Tarawen; 08/Apr/2016 at 04:35 PM.

Melkor
    Drifa - somehow you ended up with some doubly nested tags: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9upqy8041t...e%202.png?dl=0
    Anfangen ist leicht, beharren eine Kunst.

Lúthien
    Yesterday and today I've been unable to access 'New Posts.' Is this likely to be a problem at my end or the Plaza end?
    Remembering halfir by learning more each day

Death comes to all
    But great achievements raise a monument
    Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
    George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'

New Soul
    Same, Saranna. Using iPhone safari. A completely white screen loads.

Melkor
    Fixed.
    Anfangen ist leicht, beharren eine Kunst.

New Soul
    Faldras:

Lúthien
    Thanks Faldras!
    Remembering halfir by learning more each day

Death comes to all
    But great achievements raise a monument
    Which shall endure until the sun grows cold.
    George Fabricius, 'In Praise of Georgius Agricola'

Forester of Ithilien
    I changed regions again. Can somebody please change it to the right one (I'll try to stay in the Shadowed Lands this time, though I'm trying a different area so that I don't have to change my username, or at least not yet)? Thanks in advance.

All good things are wild and free. - Henry David Thoreau

Yavanna
    There, think I've fixed you, Talina. Off to play a baddie now, hmm?

Politician of Umbar
    Something odd happened. I recently posted in Basic Lore, and when I posted, my entire post was duplicated with a comment to the effect of "--- Edited ---" between the two replications. I edited the post, and the two replications were both in the text box, and I was able to delete the weird extraneous part of it. You can see what I mean if it you use the "Compare versions" option in the edit history.

Not a big problem, just thought I'd bring it up.
    Last edited by Túrin; 27/Nov/2016 at 07:01 PM.
    She killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? ~ Jayne Cobb
    Honorary Doctorate, University of College, Department of Narv

Counsellor of Elrond
    The same thing has been happening to me as with Túrin. When I hit "reply" it comes up with "if you leave this page you'll lose your post" or something like that. So when I open a new page, my post is actually there, but it's there twice. It's not a huge deal - just looks like there's a pesky little bug in the system.

It usually only happens with a long-ish post. A couple of times the post disappeared completely, but thankfully I usually either write the post first in Word or c/p the whole post before I hit send.

On the positive side, good job everyone with the arrangement of the regions and the organization of Mayors. At the time of ruler-ship, I recall feeling burnt out after an extended time (but you keep going because the kingdom will slow down if you don't). Four months is usually do-able for most people, with the option to extend as a viable option.

Have a cookie, Admins, Mayors and all of the active members who call the Plaza home!

Edit: Faldras, I use Chrome and Windows 10, if that's any help.
    Last edited by Finduilas Faelivrin; 06/Mar/2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: (Findy's handler shouldda gone to Specsavers.) :P
    asëa aranion / kingsfoil / athelas
    Come athelas! Come athelas! Life to the dying, in the king's hand lying!

Scribe of Minas Tirith
    Photobucket changed its terms for third-party showing of art...it is now "pay or die" and as a consequence of that the Cottage of Lost Play (and all its subforums) as well as this Admin Messages forum have lost their beautiful artwork headers. You can still download all the photos / artwork from photobucket of course.
    I read that imgur would be a good replacement...
    Find some more of my photos at: www.LilleUlven.com - and some of the stories of my travels on my new blog: blog.lilleulven.com :)

Wanderer of the Lone Lands
    I've pretty much abandoned in place my photobucket account a couple years ago because thye kept dumping popups in and restricted the upload speed to non-paying accounts. I have been using Imgur for a while now and it is pretty easy to use, much easier than photobucket. Hopefully it will remain so. I do recommend it. It is a hassle getting everything sorted.
    Annalist, Physician, & Historian
    of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
    The Free Company of Arnor

Yavanna
    Yes, everything does look rather strange with those photobucket notifications everywhere, but then again I suppose everyone would need to sort these things out themselves, since images were in specific accounts. I still have my account in use, but I only have filled about 8% of the available storage, thus not interesting for them to go after me in terms of money; however, uploading stuff is a bit of pain, yes.

Edit (a few moments later), nope they've gotten to me as well, thought I was safe.
    Last edited by Pele Alarion; 18/Jul/2017 at 12:46 PM.

Forester of Ithilien
    I've gone over to Imgur, and no problems so far. There's no way people are going to be stupid enough to cough up $400.00 a year (or $35.00 a month, which is still beyond my price range) just to allow 3rd Party Hosting. I had my Photobucket account for almost 11 years (which has now been deleted, so any image I still have in a forum from Photobucket now says "Image not found" instead of that message to upgrade your account). I only switched over the images that I actually use (like the ones I'm using on forums) and deleted the rest. Those Photobucket pop-up ads were annoying, so I don't think I'll miss it much.

All good things are wild and free. - Henry David Thoreau

Scribe of Minas Tirith
    Pele Alarion yes, within the threads everybody who posted their own links to photobucket will have to sort it out. But what I meant here were the forum-header-pictures that now also show "please update your account on photobucket", which we "normal users" cannot do, but maybe Faldras can?

I still have about three more pages to go to fix my photo corner completely ;-( but once that is done everything will be loaded from my own website, so no more trouble with third party links (plus I am saving 256$ - could save more and I still would be able to use third-party links - a year and get my own website to sell from compared to photobucket...)
    Find some more of my photos at: www.LilleUlven.com - and some of the stories of my travels on my new blog: blog.lilleulven.com :)

Mercenary of the Lone Lands
    When going to the page to "Go for a Promotion" in order to select a Region, the page is blank.
    Windows 10, using Chrome.
    ~Knight in the Order of the White Tree~
    Owner of Halda Mista Maru, loyal hunting dog and Turgar Maru, faithful steed

Yavanna
    I think the promotions page has been broken, Dirion. And it might not have to do anything to do with Windows or Chrome, though I'm not all that knowledgable in computer things.

Mercenary of the Lone Lands
    Thanks Pele. I guess I'll just have to keep my little flame burning for now! Congrats of the Admin promotion. It suits you well.
    ~Knight in the Order of the White Tree~
    Owner of Halda Mista Maru, loyal hunting dog and Turgar Maru, faithful steed

Yavanna
    Nope, no flames for you, Dirion! *flutters around with flowers and leaves*