Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
That's right!
Now you too can make good on those New Years Resolutions!!
Forget the gym.
Forget the boring diets..

Become an Alarion!!

Have fun! Be silly and be part of one of the oldest families on the plaza!!
Why would you not want to do that??

Poet of Mirkwood
    I have no idea how that got there. really though, I was playing with the settings and found I could change my avatar! I hope the admin let me keep it.
    Last edited by Veowyn Girarion; 31/Jan/2017 at 06:45 PM.

Sam
    Halloween icons suddenly accessible to members, Pele?
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

3. It should be alright. As long as members are having fun, that's what matters the most, in my opinion. If Veo wants to be a fairy princess, she sure ought to be a fairy princess ! Her rank shows so that everyone knows what Region she's in, so all good, really. I hope she gets to keep her icon but I suppose it is an admin call.

Last edited by Beren Camlost; 31/Jan/2017 at 08:41 PM.
    "How long do you want it to be?" - Steven C.
    "As long as it needs to be." - Aimmi G.

Yavanna
    The Halloween icons should not be available, but it seems that for one strange reason or other they are. If they are available at any time, I think it undermines the whole reason for having rank icons and those meant for special occasions. I don't know when the issue is going to be fixed; but we already told one of the new members who had found the setting that these icons were not meant for everyday use. I'm afraid it means that you'll just have to switch back to the usual icon, Veo. Otherwise you wouldn't even care any more if you received a special icon if you can choose any you want yourself.
    Last edited by Pele Alarion; 01/Feb/2017 at 11:46 AM.

Poet of Mirkwood
    Has any one seen Issy? *sets out Dr pepper and Pixie Stix as bait*

ISOOOOLDEEEEE!!!!!
    In loving memory of Maldir Ethring, man of many talents and titles, most of all my friend. You are missed
    Celebrate Life with Poetry- for Maldir

Yavanna
    Err. I suspect Issy has been kidnapped by real life monster. We should set up a search and rescue mission.

*Adds a delicious bait of her own, just in case, oh... and this one, too.*
    Last edited by Pele Alarion; 06/Feb/2017 at 08:46 PM.

Poet of Mirkwood
    Wow Pele! Those are older than me! (Plaza years any way)

Kidnapped?! I'd pay any ransom! *starts preparin a dragon's loot worth of treasure*
    In loving memory of Maldir Ethring, man of many talents and titles, most of all my friend. You are missed

Yavanna
    Those newbie posts were so simple to write - just type up a couple of lines and the post is done. :D

Poet of Mirkwood
    Right?! Now it feels like we're writing a whole chapter every time

10. Having so much fun every time though!
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 07/Feb/2017 at 09:06 PM.

Poet of Mirkwood
    Says the man who writes half a book every time
    Last edited by Veowyn Girarion; 07/Feb/2017 at 10:03 PM.

12. ! If I wrote something short I bet you would be disappointed ! But I'd stillll make it good for you .

Knight of the Mark
    *ish lured in by old post* Ahh yes...the early years. Sorry guys, Pele is right, RL snared me..sorry.

Hmm..it would be interesting to do a rp where instead of having to do so many lines you have to keep it within so many lines...Bear, I know that's close to impossible for you so we might make an exception, like you get two extra lines of post or something...just so you don't lose your mind.
    Mourgan Alarion Soldier Army of Gondor

14. Veo and I need you in the Chithing Festival, Issy (was just going to RP the bullriding until you came back but now you're back) ! I'll work on the update for Aileen's quest, too, because we need Kelter, Mourgan, and Nelladel. Jeez, that would be so nice, how considerate...make it four . My mind was lost ages ago .
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 19/Feb/2017 at 05:53 PM.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolde Alarion View Post
    Hmm..it would be interesting to do a rp where instead of having to do so many lines you have to keep it within so many lines...Bear, I know that's close to impossible for you so we might make an exception, like you get two extra lines of post or something...just so you don't lose your mind.
    That's actually an interesting idea... we could really do something like that - it'll be good training for newbies who could focus on the quality rather than the quantity, and for oldies who could challenge themselves to shorten their posts once in a while...
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

"I should like to save the Shire, if I could... I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable: I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, FotR

16. In all seriousness though, my roleplaying posts just wind up being long because I like being intensely creative and painstakingly trying to write well. I want the content I put out to be enjoyable enough to read. I would do my best with shortening posts only for Veo if she asks. I wouldn't mind RP'ing in that kind of short response thing though just for fun.
    Last edited by Beren Camlost; 19/Feb/2017 at 07:31 PM.

Yavanna
    Issy! Now you'll hang around for a while right? :D

Short posts? As in 100 words max! *grins mischievously*

Poet of Mirkwood
    Issy! I had something non Bear related to ask! But now I can't remember it!

I'm down for some shorter posts! Quick and easy, more fun when I don't have to spend hours at it, killing my poor hands on this dumb tablet screen.
    Last edited by Veowyn Girarion; 20/Feb/2017 at 05:19 AM.

19. I'll write shorter posts for you then, Veo

Knight of the Mark
    Non -Bear related? Is it Kelter related?

Well I hope to Pele. I got you a post up...small as it may be but..

Poet of Mirkwood
    I think it was Mourgan and Thorion related, or marketplace related, I guess I should have pm'd you about it before. Oh well.

Thief of Mordor
    I'm an Alarion too! But I forgot who's my in-plaza mom and dad... 0-0

Poet of Mirkwood
    *gives Artharan a plate of cinnamon rolls* I don't recognize you (so it's not me!), but Hi!

Thief of Mordor
    *starts munching on rolls* thanks :) Your name rings a bell, I've seen you around!

Yavanna
    Artharan, more likely than not you must be linked with Isolde. Or at least I remember something along those lines... *snatches a roll*

Poet of Mirkwood
    I'm here and there. Artharan you probably can call me Aunt Veo especially if you are linked with Issy

Thranduil
    *reads Veo's post about being here and there and now feels like I'm being followed*

Thief of Mordor
    ok Aunt Veo :) btw what happened to Mordor? its so empty :(

Yavanna
    I think all minions have been covered under a thick layer of ash, so there's no one to post in Mordor.

Thranduil
    Boarletta is waiting.

Poet of Mirkwood
    *places a candle on the mantle for lost*

Yavanna
    How are you holding up, Veo?

Knight of the Mark
    How you doing Pele? Veo?

Artharan I do believe your one of mine, at least at some point...so now you are mine. *smothers with family affection*

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm..I feel the winds of change are upon me...or it was the tacos from last night...not sure, doesn't matter...anyways...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Beren!! Time to clean out your laundry basket again...I can't pm you. *sees a sock hanging from the ceiling fan* Well, could be worse..*mutters*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pele Alarion View Post
    I think all minions have been covered under a thick layer of ash, so there's no one to post in Mordor.
    *brushes off the ash* Dang stuff gets everywhere...worse then sand...
    Last edited by Isolde Alarion; 05/Apr/2017 at 05:01 AM.

Yavanna
    I miss Maldir lots; been spending hours in the archives (and complaining that can't get past page 1). And I think I understand why he applied such alienation tactics, and I must admit it must have worked because the intensity of grief is not what I expected, mostly just a feeling of emptiness and an onslaught of memories. However, I doubt anything I might feel compares to the loss his family and close friends experience.

And what's all this Relic stuff, anyway? Should I get my sword ready? :P

By the way, Issy, you still use skype sometimes?
    Last edited by Pele Alarion; 05/Apr/2017 at 01:51 PM.

Thranduil
    *sneezes from the ash*

Poet of Mirkwood
    Today is the first day my eyes don't burn from crying. But there's still a few hours left, so we'll see. I keep remembering things, and then wanting to ask him if he remembers too. Or thinking of a plot and wanting to rush and ask what he thinks. It's also around the same as the anniversary of the deaths of a couple other people I miss, and all their birthdays. And, there the waterworks go again. I hurt.

Yavanna
    Veo, I wish there was something practical I could do for you instead of offering virtual consolations. :( Especially when you have other painful memories to add to this.

Poet of Mirkwood
    I do have one idea of a way to honor him, could you help me figure out how and where to start a poetry slam event (I dont know if slam or contest are the right words, theres no winner, just sharing )in hisbhonor? His 50th birthday would be this Thursday, the 13th.

Yavanna
    Hmmm. Revive his poetry thread in the Cottage with it? Though... the coding is really messed up in there. Or in OOME? Or even facebook?

Poet of Mirkwood
    What about MT, where he was poetry captain? The cottage could be good too. Not in his thread, but it's own event. We can share some of his, between others. It could be IC or OOC.

Yavanna
    MT could do as well. What do you think he would have appreciated more? Wherever it is opened, it would probably help to notify people elsewhere too, since they just might not see it.

edit: Your post in MT made me cry... There went my commitment not to let the tears fall no matter what.
    Last edited by Pele Alarion; 09/Apr/2017 at 10:43 PM.

Poet of Mirkwood
    I cried writing it, thus the quick ending, but I felt it fit for them. I still have to work on Veowyn's for Maldir. That one is going to be harder. And I have to leave the actual causes of death open, nothing I can think of is worthy.

I'll work on the poetry event, and decide where to put it later, and then when it's up, I'll tell OOME, and Facebook, and the other places, and resurrect his poetry thread with a note too. I will try to get it up before the 13th (since that's also my father's birthday I might not get plaza time that day)

Yavanna
    It does seem like a very fitting closure, very heartfelt. I would like to write a closure as well, tears or not; but I suppose we should have something common to refer to in terms of Maldir. Would something military related not seem honourable to you: he did fight bravely against the illness as well...?

The poetry plans sound excellent, Veo.
    Last edited by Pele Alarion; 10/Apr/2017 at 10:40 AM.

Knight of the Mark
    You never know Pele..
    I do, although I had to make yet another account...that is if i can remember the password.

Poet of Mirkwood
    Pele, I'm going to pm you in a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Alarions, here it is. Join me? Celebrate Life with Poetry

Yavanna
    Meh, I'd probably be better at writing a short story instead of poetry. Not sure I can come up with something better than that haiku. Maybe...

47. Seems like Miranda's servants need a break from cleaning up Bear's mess, Issy. I'll PM you back tonight!

Pele, Veo said in her OP we can share the poetry of writers if we credit them, that's why I used Tennyson. You could write a haiku about sorrow although that form of poetry is used mostly for nature.

Knight of the Mark
    Something new to read? Where would I find it if so?

Yavanna
    Sigh.

The Witch-King
    Hey can I hop on board the Alarion train!
    "Come not between a nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in they turn! He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye."

Yavanna
    *notices some movement in the empty house, chases dust bunnies away and sets about making some tea*

Hi there, Bandar! Do you have a ticket?

Knight of the Mark
    Hey!! I've been collecting those dust bunnies!! *watches them being chased off* aww mannn!

Welcome Bandar! Hop aboard the Alarion crazy train. Your sanity for the price of a ticket...a bargain at any rate! Muahaahaa!!
    Last edited by Relic; 02/Jun/2017 at 03:16 AM. Reason: cant spell

53. Good to see you back, Issy! I'm making my Bree rounds and about ready for Aileen to contact Kelter about Beren so posts for you coming up.

Knight of the Mark
    Sounds great and glad to be popping back in.
    Been a crazy couple months. A lot going on.
    *nudges a snoring Kelter, shoves his booted feet off the table* Wake up! Beren will be needing your help.
    I'm up! I'm up! Kelter rubs the sleep from his eyes, downs a shot of strong alcohol.

Yavanna
    Issy, Issy! *dances around madly*

Knight of the Mark
    *joins her in the dance of madness* Silly Pele!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm..Nell needs a guy...think I'll advertise for her. Don't get me wrong, RP'ing with myself is a blast but I think it would be nice to have that thing called human interaction...

Yavanna
    A guy? Why not have a single ladies' club. :D

Knight of the Mark
    She's been a card carrying member of that. LOL

Yavanna
    *has eaten too much cake* Anyone wants cake? Pudding? Tea? :D

Hmm. Suppose I should get to some posting somewhere.

Knight of the Mark
    Happy Birthday Pele!!!
    yes I'd love some cake!

Yavanna
    Hmmm. I know that cake was here somewhere....

62. *Lifts a can of Doctor Pepper high in honor of Isolde's Issy nickname appearing in her username for the first time in forever*

Knight of the Mark
    *sluffs off Relic and pats the ash from her cloak* Seems I can't stay away for very long...*sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

*joins him in raising a mug of the Drs. best* Don't know why I haven't done it before now...never came to me I guess. lol

64. "Issy will always be with you." *Says in British Obi-Wan voice, gesturing for her to sit down on a randomly appearing log*

Knight of the Mark
    Hmm...I'm feeling a road trip coming on!!! Issy and Orlin...travel packs in tow...he's like 6-7 now..he can do travel to see Pele...perhaps even Uncle Bear if it isn't too much, I know you have alot on your plate at the moment.

66. When he is woken up by Aileen when she, Veowyn, the Alarions, and co. find the special tree . I'm nearly finished with that update in the Cottage of Lost Play for you and Veowyn and Moriel; I'll show the link of that thread here when I'm finished. We would do it in Lindon still but unfortunately I can't write in Eriador like I used to for some certain things so I'll be spending a lot more in the Cottage from now. That trip with Issy and little Orlin will be fun for him after he deals with some pirates trying to take over Bree shortly after he wakes up, lol. Even if I have to catch you in mid-travel posting, I'll be there .

Knight of the Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Beren Camlost View Post
    "Issy will always be with you." *Says in British Obi-Wan voice, gesturing for her to sit down on a randomly appearing log*
    *eyes the log but takes the offered seat* I'm afraid it's very true...seems no matter how far I try to get away from her...poof!! there she is, ready to join me on another adventure. LOL

68. You are attached to Issy as I am attached to Bear! Not a bad thing. We all have our favorite creations.

Yavanna
    Issy, you sound thirsty for adventure or something? Or is it honey cake you'd rather prefer?

Elder of Imladris
    It's a trap, the honey cake option will make you literally thirsty for adventure :P
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Yavanna
    Shhh, Rivvy! Don't give away my secret recipe.

Elder of Imladris
    Worry not! I shall keep the secret recipe of sugar, spice, everything nice, and chemical X a secret :)
    Look at my icon, now look at my title, look at my name, now look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me...

Sam
    *sneaks in, steals secret recipe, sneaks out, chuckling evilly*
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

Yavanna
    Eh, now I have to create a new recipe.

Knight of the Mark
    It worked Pele!! I'm me again! LOL!!

Yavanna
    Wee! Now eat that cake with secret ingredients and post somewhere.

77. Issy, I'm having Aileen writing Mourgan back in the Bree post, letting him know what's happened to Bear...well...in a secretive way; she would explain more in person. Just have Mourgan reply back saying he'll be there ASAP with his mother; also that he will meet her, Veo, Moriel, their friends, and Kelter in the Pony in four weeks if the winter weather doesn't impede their travelling. We'll be playing the quest out in my Cottage thread Castles in the Sky. I'll be posting back in the Chithing Festival sometime either this month or next.

Knight of the Mark
    *munches on cake* I'll see what I can do Pele.

Beren, just point me in the right direction and I'll get on it. Did you already post the letter?

79. Technically it's finished but I haven't posted it lol since I have to finish a letter to Nolewen in it, too. I'll post it tonight after my long shift.

Someone pass the Doctor Pepper. I need caffeine. I staid up lste writing and binge watching Game of Thrones.

Yavanna
    I think I've eaten too much of my own cake, since I am hungry for adventure.

Knight of the Mark
    hMM..Dr. Pepper and Peles cake??...now that should get the creative juices flowing..

Ahh..that would explain why I can't find it. LOL!! *offers a gallon of Dr. Pepper and a bag of Pixie Sticks*....*stands back to watch the combined effect, nudges Pele* This should be interesting..*evil grin*

Yavanna
    Something like:

Knight of the Mark
    That about sums it up!!

Yavanna
    Meh. I want to post!

Knight of the Mark
    Oh Auntie Pele...you're being summoned..

Yavanna
    *checks for posts* Oh dear. Suppose that does require a response.

Knight of the Mark
    YEP, he'll only get louder if you don't.

Yavanna
    I think a yell of OOOOOOOOOOORLIIIIIN! might be in order as well in that case. ;)

Knight of the Mark
    That would be awesome!

Yavanna
    There ye go then.

91. Those would make an incredible sugar high ! Your letter is HERE, Issy! I should be able to PM you back sometime today, I think ! If you want to post the Alarions arriving at the Pony in my Castles in the Sky thread in my Cottage, just include 'The Bite of Winter' title somewhere in the post. Be sure to remark it's weeks later and they're arriving by night, that it's snowing so bad they can't get to Bear's house. You can mention that there's some Rohirrim in the inn, hunting north for a witch who had fought cavalryman years ago near Rohan . Near the end of your post, make sure Kelter has got a room for himself. We're still going to do that thing I told you Veo and I thought of in December which you were eager to roll with .

Sam
    Thanks for the letter, Aig!
    Elmehtar, Sperewigend

Frodo, FotR

93. You're welcome ! I'll write my characters in the market for you soon.

I want to get Nightshade update done first and maybe finish a character submission. It's coming though!

Knight of the Mark
    Thank you Bear, I'll start working on it and I'll make sure Kelter comes along too.