Assassin of Mordor

searching always searching never finding and yet still do i search and ever shall I d

basically what the title says.

I am trying to solve a mystery, a highly compelling one if that matters (it does) and this mystery involves finding precisely which one of my 12881 posts I posted on one very particular day, a number of years ago. There are two avenues I considered for solving this mystery: 1) I could ask the person who unwittingly set me upon this mission for even the slightest amount of clarification, which would almost certainly immediately solve the problem and also be a sign of weakness and thus totally unacceptable; or 2) I could search through every post I ever made until I got to that day and then sift through the morass until I found what I sought.

Now I am no stranger to searching through my own posts and/or searching for posts with my name in them or what have you. I will not say that this is because of my bloated yet so fragile ego which, like a summer frost, spreads so wide, so thin and so helplessly under the ever-rising Sun of time's passage, that ego which cannot survive more than a few months without either reliving my former glories or searching in vain for evidence of my continued relevance -- but I will say that it is not because of any of that trust me. However, and here's the real nub of the issue so I'll give it it's own super-rare mid-sentence paragraph break,

the "your latest posts" thing on my profile page only goes back 20 pages (which is still multiple years for a withered shell of plazarian like me, but not quite far enough), and when you search by Username in the advanced search it only shows you threads that user made, not posts. Is there still a way to search for older posts by a user, or is it wiser instead to search inside my own heart for the courage to accept that some things never can, indeed never should, be known to us again in this world?

Ancient Ent of Fangorn
    I have a similar question. I too have returned to the Plaza out of my long slumber where I have gone a bit...hoom treeish...in order to find a post from my distant past. Is there a good way to search one's past posts or to search the archives? I looked around in the archives but there is no search function there. I am looking for an old song parody thread (I believe it was in Fangorn) in which I wrote a bunch of LOTR-themed song parodies. It is most likely in the "First Age" of the Plaza.

Also in the "First Age" archive when I attempt to go to the "next page" or any subsequent page after the first in the Fangorn forum it kicks me back to the main forum page.

Also, HI NARV!
    Last edited by masterofjesters; 03/Feb/2017 at 04:13 AM. Reason: additional info
    mojo
    Fangorn Forever

Politician of Umbar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofjesters View Post
    Also, HI NARV!
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofjesters View Post
    Last edited by masterofjesters; Today at 03:13 AM. Reason: additional info
    I don't think that counts as "additional info", Mojo.
    She killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? ~ Jayne Cobb
    Honorary Doctorate, University of College, Department of Narv

Chieftain of the Mark
    Doing a Google site search for "site:lotrplaza.com masterofjesters song parodies" turns up several different song parody threads from Fangorn between 2003 and 2007.

Assassin of Mordor
    mojo I have reviewed the additional information you provided and upon further research would like to contribute an addendum to the data I previously provided as well.

- - - Updated - - -

dude yo